Notices
Results 1 to 41 of 41

Thread: JaneBennett (and Lupa) is a trouble maker - proof

  1. #1 JaneBennett (and Lupa) is a trouble maker - proof 
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    I just had this email from a poster (Lupa) who registered for the sole purpose of emailing me with a link:

    http://z8.invisionfree.com/DYK/index.php?showtopic=576

    Not sure why this person who doesn't know me felt the need to send me an email saying:

    "Ha Ha Selene got banned" with this link, but I am grateful they did as it proves once and for all that Jane Bennett was as obsessed with Selene as it was thought Selene was with her. She even went so far as to start a thread about her on another forum giving out personal details which she perhaps found by some sort of stalking activity?

    The reason I am posting this information is as a warning to others NOT to send me offensive emails for the purpose of trouble making though I supect Lupa wanted me to post a copy to this thread.


    Mods please take note of this trouble making element and NOTE, she published your private PM's on another forum.


    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Curiously now you have to be a member to view that thread, I guess Jb chickened out of her plan after reading my reply to LUPA.

    Meanwhile if you look at Google ads on that page they all say 'Selene' proving the thread content is all about 'Selene'.

    Geeze

    Let's hope this nasty little element give it a break now.

    Meanwhile leave me out of your squabbles.

    Can view thread here:
    http://harriety.0catch.com/index.html


    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    I also received a pm. I am checking into it.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    She changed it because she didn't want to get found out?

    Why did you do that Jane

    I thought you wanted everyone to be able to see it?????
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Meanwhile if you look at Google ads on that page they all say 'Selene' proving the thread content is all about 'Selene'.

    Geeze
    Nice spotting skillz, very impressed :-D

    p.s. I also got that PM..
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    proof JB posted Pendragon's private messages on her forum:

    "Hi Jane,

    Ophiolite probably pm'd you already, but just to make sure: thanks for the info, Selene and her sock are now permanently banned. When you spot another sock please tell us.

    Greetings,
    Pendragon


    Not something I would know unless I had access to JB's email OR as stated she posted it on a public forum.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa
    She changed it because she didn't want to get found out?

    Why did you do that Jane

    I thought you wanted everyone to be able to see it?????
    I really hope that Lupa is not Selene.

    Either way, please take this squabble away from here.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    k............
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    No I am not Selene

    I looked in here after seeing all about Selene on the other forum and having Private Message with Jane Bennet, who incidentally is the administrator also called Athene_noctua.

    She was gloating about Selene.

    I thought it was funny.

    Now I myself am getting vitriolic e-mails from Jane for posting here, and to be honest now i know how Selene feels and I'm sorry for laughing, but I'm not sorry for posting that thread.

    I think Jane Bennet led Selene up the garden path. She was laughing at how she posted insults to set her off and then kept changing them so the moderators wouldn't see and she would look innocent.

    Strange but true.

    I have got a copy of the web-page on the forum she posted even though she swiftly removed it.

    Perhaps the moderators should see it, but i don't know how to send it through here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    ...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Here's the page I loaded to a free web server.

    http://harriety.0catch.com/index.html

    Unfortunately the picture links broke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    ...
    Ditto.

    But good work to ToR.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    I am not posting again about either of these two characters.
    I think you ToR could resolve this, as an insightful outsider. You can't presume to speak for Bennet, but Selene, what does Selene want?

    Come on ToR you're smart. Where's the knot?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    i think ToR is correct and Lupa is Minxy/Selene - you don't show off your best side as a cyber-stalker, you know ...
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Pong
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    I am not posting again about either of these two characters.
    I think you ToR could resolve this, as an insightful outsider. You can't presume to speak for Bennet, but Selene, what does Selene want?

    Come on ToR you're smart. Where's the knot?
    I'm not in communication with her so no idea.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa
    No I am not Selene

    I looked in here after seeing all about Selene on the other forum and having Private Message with Jane Bennet, who incidentally is the administrator also called Athene_noctua.

    She was gloating about Selene.

    I thought it was funny.

    Now I myself am getting vitriolic e-mails from Jane for posting here, and to be honest now i know how Selene feels and I'm sorry for laughing, but I'm not sorry for posting that thread.

    I think Jane Bennet led Selene up the garden path. She was laughing at how she posted insults to set her off and then kept changing them so the moderators wouldn't see and she would look innocent.

    Strange but true.

    I have got a copy of the web-page on the forum she posted even though she swiftly removed it.

    Perhaps the moderators should see it, but i don't know how to send it through here.
    How did you decide who to target with your emails and why not just start a thread yourself instead of trying to piss off half the board with your emails?

    Lupa had a good idea of WHO to send emails to didn't you LUPA.


    Anyway subject closed.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa
    No I am not Selene

    I looked in here after seeing all about Selene on the other forum and having Private Message with Jane Bennet, who incidentally is the administrator also called Athene_noctua.

    She was gloating about Selene.

    I thought it was funny.

    Now I myself am getting vitriolic e-mails from Jane for posting here, and to be honest now i know how Selene feels and I'm sorry for laughing, but I'm not sorry for posting that thread.

    I think Jane Bennet led Selene up the garden path. She was laughing at how she posted insults to set her off and then kept changing them so the moderators wouldn't see and she would look innocent.

    Strange but true.

    I have got a copy of the web-page on the forum she posted even though she swiftly removed it.

    Perhaps the moderators should see it, but i don't know how to send it through here.
    How did you decide who to target with your emails and why not just start a thread yourself instead of trying to piss off half the board with your emails?

    Lupa had a good idea of WHO to send emails to didn't you LUPA.


    Anyway subject closed.
    I targeted the people who JB referred to as Selene's 'fan club' because apparently you were sticking up for her.

    But I actually sent the message to more but deleted them when I realised she'd deleted the page (she is the administrator on the site) and that people were joining in order to try and see the link.

    I was friends with JB but she has begun to show a side to me that is neither pleasant or funny.

    I think she deserves her comeuppance and people to at least know the truth.

    I have only just found out she is the administrator on the other site (athene_noctua) without telling anyone but she was also posing as JB and posting replies to herself.

    Now if that isn't sock puppetry

    In her own words she told me she was 'going to make a stir on the science forum' with the aim of trying to get people to join her site.

    Selene unwittingly obviously gave her a spoon to stir with and got herself banned much to the delight of JB.

    I would just be careful of her
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Well, judging by the 1-line brakes, obssesiviness(nothing wrong with that )
    and style of speech I'd say that Lupa's indeed Selene :P
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    I too think Lupa is Selene which is annoying as I'd have preffered a more frank and honest email.

    Regards Jb and S

    I've been down this road myself and it's a lose lose for the warring pair.

    People enjoy watching public spats but they don't respect the players.

    They don't have my respect.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa
    She was laughing at how she posted insults to set her off and then kept changing them so the moderators wouldn't see and she would look innocent.
    Still, this is a serious allegation - has anyone noticed that JaneBennet taunted Selene, only to find at a later stage that the evidence had been erased ?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa
    She was laughing at how she posted insults to set her off and then kept changing them so the moderators wouldn't see and she would look innocent.
    Still, this is a serious allegation - has anyone noticed that JaneBennet taunted Selene, only to find at a later stage that the evidence had been erased ?
    This would not surprise me, but it's water under the bridge now.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity

    This would not surprise me, but it's water under the bridge now.
    I thought it was water under the fridge?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa
    She was laughing at how she posted insults to set her off and then kept changing them so the moderators wouldn't see and she would look innocent.
    Still, this is a serious allegation - has anyone noticed that JaneBennet taunted Selene, only to find at a later stage that the evidence had been erased ?
    Yes, I did. There is one short post of hers that had undergone 12+ edits somewhere. In a few cases Selene caught some of it by quoting before JaneBennet changed it.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupa
    She was laughing at how she posted insults to set her off and then kept changing them so the moderators wouldn't see and she would look innocent.
    Still, this is a serious allegation - has anyone noticed that JaneBennet taunted Selene, only to find at a later stage that the evidence had been erased ?
    Aye, reffer to this topic for a major editing rampage of JB:
    http://www.thescienceforum.com/viewt...r=asc&start=30

    (starting from page 3 to 6)

    Can't say I don't despise such actions...
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956
    I am extremely happy to have been the one responsible for getting rid of Selene in this forum. That is all I have got to say.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    913
    Well i for one have no idea who is who anymore, but if there is one thing i have learnt here on walton's mountain......
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    OKAY! I admit it!
    I'm JaneBenned/Selene/Minxy/Lupa/425 Chaotic Requisition/ToR.. Hanuka...
    the list goes on and on...
    Like I said in my last messege(as JB offcourse)... It's internet after all...

    Naaah... just kidding

    I be just Hanuka :-D
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    913
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    I be just Hanuka :-D
    You have my deepest sympathy.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneBennet
    I’ve been trying to stay out of this but now it seems I’m going to have to put in a word here.

    Yes, I have edited some of my posts multiple times. That is because I had no idea the people I posted them to would be upset by them; when I found they did, I would edit my posts and take back any sensitive remarks by way of apology. I do not deliberately taunt people to get them into trouble.

    In the case of Selene, with her unpredictable temper, how was I to know that some of my remarks, which were not meant to be taken too seriously, would be blown out of proportion? Hence the number of times I sometimes had to keep editing, wondering whether or not the final version would be “acceptable”. In the case of one of my posts, 425 Chaotic Requisition even warned me in time that Selene would be upset by what I wrote; fortunately I edited that post in time (at least before Selene replied).

    That is all I am sayng about this. I am not saying anything about anything else (in particular, what I do on other forums is my own business – this is the Internet after all).
    You claim you don't need to justify your actions as carried out on your own little forum.

    Does that include not explaining why you posted copies of moderators private emails from here and posted threats about what you'd do to certain members(all be they ex) here if you had their home address? I think not.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by Theoryofrelativity
    You claim you don't need to justify your actions as carried out on your own little forum.
    That’s right. We don’t:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon
    - what happens at another forum is not our responsability.
    I can post anything I want there – and if I want to post a link there, I can.

    See?

    (And I’m editing this post because I can.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneBennet
    Why are you replying to me? Weren't you going to ignore me instead of leaving fly-swatting trails or whatever?
    Your child like smilies are very demonstrative of your overall childish behaviour.

    Goading me janebennet won't work. I am not Selene,

    my bite is bigger.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956
    You are definitely more mature than Selene. I have much more respect for you than for Selene.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneBennet
    You are definitely more mature than Selene. I have much more respect for you than for Selene.
    The feeling is not mutual.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Do I sense another catfight?..
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    956
    What cat fight? There is no need for cat fight now that Selene is banned!

    If you want to see a cat fight, go and annoy your pet!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    - what happens at another forum is not our responsability

    - any member, whether new or old, will be heard if he/she sends concrete, usable complaints.

    Lupa: whatever your motives are, send concrete complaints that are related to this forum.

    To everyone: if you have to start threads about the behaviour of members, start them in Site Feedback.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon
    - what happens at another forum is not our responsability

    - any member, whether new or old, will be heard if he/she sends concrete, usable complaints.

    Lupa: whatever your motives are, send concrete complaints that are related to this forum.

    To everyone: if you have to start threads about the behaviour of members, start them in Site Feedback.
    It's not your responsibility what happens in other forums, but I'd want to know if someone who I had felt was of a 'good character' was in fact a spiteful, mean mouthed, stalking, threatening, 2 faced etc etc and so on and so forth so that I knew not to take their complaints of 'harrassment' too seriously in the future. I expect that was Lupa's motive.

    However, Lupa's method for drawing this information to our attention was underhanded and unecessary. Honesty is the best policy and I am disappointed that someone I thought was of good character tried to manipulate me this way.

    I guess we both learned a lesson here.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    To quote: Don't make me flame, you won't like it when I flame.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    To quote: Don't make me flame, you won't like it when I flame.
    Human Torch

    Or maybe: “Don't make me angry, you won't like it when I’m angry” – Hulk?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Yeah The Hulk one Remember when I used to flame? Hahahah ahh the old days .
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,120
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    To quote: Don't make me flame, you won't like it when I flame.
    Human Torch

    Or maybe: “Don't make me angry, you won't like it when I’m angry” – Hulk?
    That's me. The hulk.
    'Time is the space between birth and death' by me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •