Notices
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Notifications

  1. #1 Notifications 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Do other members receive notifications when someone replies to a thread they posted on?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    Xinhui Guangdong province China
    Posts
    118
    @ geordief:
    No notification. I don't know whether it need to set up.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by htam9876 View Post
    @ geordief:
    No notification. I don't know whether it need to set up.
    It may be that there is a malfunction in the site.That is why I am asking whether anyone else has success in receiving notifications.

    I have subscribed to this thread and I did not receive (yet) any notification by email or otherwise that you had posted in it.

    So I think the notification facility is probably broken .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Have now sent another report to the webmaster:

    "Hi ,the site is working well and some members are returning. So hopefully your advertising revenue may also pick up.
    Two outstanding problems

    1) Notifications don't work (members cannot keep abreast of posts except by checking manually and laboriously)

    2) We are unable to upload files or images to the site.

    Thanks, geordief"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Bump.

    Are any members getting notifications at all yet?

    I have the feeling it is not going to be fixed (I need a fix of Hope )
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Bump.

    Are any members getting notifications at all yet?

    I have the feeling it is not going to be fixed (I need a fix of Hope )
    I got a couple recently from a new member who shall remain nameless. One a private message & the other a friend request. I don't reply to messages nor do I do friend requests for one reason or another. I was able to delete message but can't do anything with request and its always there when I sign onto the forum.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post

    I got a couple recently from a new member who shall remain nameless. One a private message & the other a friend request. I don't reply to messages nor do I do friend requests for one reason or another. I was able to delete message but can't do anything with request and its always there when I sign onto the forum.
    All I can suggest is that you could go into General Settings and disable Friendship Requests .

    Maybe ,if you do that it will remove that particular request .

    If it works ,you can then reactivate the facility.

    On a different site ,practically defunct site ,I also got Friendship requests that I ignored.

    I imagine they are still there;I never bother looking.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Is there not a "Reject Request" button. Or am I thinking about a different forum?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,722
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Is there not a "Reject Request" button. Or am I thinking about a different forum?
    Did that but it didn’t go away. Still there when I sign on

    edit: just got rid of it. I didn’t have the check box checked
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Is there not a "Reject Request" button. Or am I thinking about a different forum?
    Did that but it didn’t go away. Still there when I sign on

    edit: just got rid of it. I didn’t have the check box checked
    This has been the case for years. I still have 2 "incoming friend requests" that I declined at the time, from more than 2 years ago. The Reject request function doesn't work, apparently.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    ...matter and pixie dust
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,156
    I thought of this earlier, too. Haven't noticed notifications in a while, but now I'm wondering if there ever were notifications.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 18th, 2012, 02:44 AM
  2. Not receiving notifications
    By Paleoichneum in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: March 1st, 2012, 04:19 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •