Notices
Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: test

  1. #1 test 
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,510
    Just testing to see if there is any change with posting (the site went down for a short time this morning)


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Just testing to see if there is any change with posting (the site went down for a short time this morning)
    At least it showed up in the Activity Stream and there was no database error that I can see.
    Probably means nothing.,though.

    EDIT Got the database error message that time


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,387
    I thought this site had finally given up the ghost, but here it is up and running again, just seems a lack of membership in returning though.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought this site had finally given up the ghost, but here it is up and running again, just seems a lack of membership in returning though.
    Yes ,and someone found your History Map.

    But sadly the site seems to be in its death throes.

    Still we could talk about Brexit and the Irish border.It seems to be coming to the end game now and we will see if circles can be squared or not.

    I like the idea of NI with a foot in both camps.They should jump at it (lead the world)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    905
    The main problem remains. Updates are noted on the main forum, but they are not noted on the subforum. However by clicking on posts, the updates appear. Example - this post.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    905
    Another nuisance problem. When I just posted the previous note I got an error message when I entered, but there was nothing wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by mathman View Post
    Another nuisance problem. When I just posted the previous note I got an error message when I entered, but there was nothing wrong.
    Yes we have been getting those nuisance errors for a long time now.It seems a matter of time before the forum breaks down completely again.

    I wonder whether the small volume of postings is ironically keeping the forum ticking over in its reduced state sans eyes sans teeth etc etc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,103
    Let's see if this post works . . . .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New York State
    Posts
    905
    The post is there, but site-feedback doesn't have the update noted.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,387
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought this site had finally given up the ghost, but here it is up and running again, just seems a lack of membership in returning though.
    Yes ,and someone found your History Map.

    But sadly the site seems to be in its death throes.

    Still we could talk about Brexit and the Irish border.It seems to be coming to the end game now and we will see if circles can be squared or not.

    I like the idea of NI with a foot in both camps.They should jump at it (lead the world)
    Hey, thank you for your response geordief, apologies for the time it has taken me to respond I did not receive a notification.

    It's great to see so many of you guys back here, the last time I popped in the site was almost dead.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought this site had finally given up the ghost, but here it is up and running again, just seems a lack of membership in returning though.
    Yes ,and someone found your History Map.

    But sadly the site seems to be in its death throes.

    Still we could talk about Brexit and the Irish border.It seems to be coming to the end game now and we will see if circles can be squared or not.

    I like the idea of NI with a foot in both camps.They should jump at it (lead the world)
    Hey, thank you for your response geordief, apologies for the time it has taken me to respond I did not receive a notification.

    It's great to see so many of you guys back here, the last time I popped in the site was almost dead.
    I never used the notification function but am not surprised that it is not working now.

    Yes it is busier than I expected and I wonder whether this low level of traffic is actually preventing it breaking down again in the immediate future.

    Brexit seems like it might soon be coming to some kind of a head. I think I heard the Irish Foreign minister suggest today that the odds of Britain crashing out without some kind of a deal as "remote"

    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/201...says-tanaiste/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,387
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I thought this site had finally given up the ghost, but here it is up and running again, just seems a lack of membership in returning though.
    Yes ,and someone found your History Map.

    But sadly the site seems to be in its death throes.

    Still we could talk about Brexit and the Irish border.It seems to be coming to the end game now and we will see if circles can be squared or not.

    I like the idea of NI with a foot in both camps.They should jump at it (lead the world)
    Hey, thank you for your response geordief, apologies for the time it has taken me to respond I did not receive a notification.

    It's great to see so many of you guys back here, the last time I popped in the site was almost dead.
    I never used the notification function but am not surprised that it is not working now.

    Yes it is busier than I expected and I wonder whether this low level of traffic is actually preventing it breaking down again in the immediate future.

    Brexit seems like it might soon be coming to some kind of a head. I think I heard the Irish Foreign minister suggest today that the odds of Britain crashing out without some kind of a deal as "remote"

    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/201...says-tanaiste/
    It's good that some of you guys have returned here, I still have a big soft spot for this forum, given that it was the first one I signed up for. I'll be pleased if folks can keep it up & running this time that's for sure. Looks like you persevered on through the dought geordief, respect.

    As to Brexit, I hope we do see some closure, it almost feels like I've been railing against it forever. 2 years of bad to worse to terrible news and still the number of Brexit voters who haven't changed their mind is staggeringly high, quite astonishing really. If we do end up with a deal nobody will be happy though, that is an almost given, either way the sooner things are resolved the better, then we can all get back to having some sanity in our lives again and concentrate on the real issues that plague our fair land, chiefly austerity.

    Btw cheers for the link.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Test, just a test
    By Nilyiibkno in forum Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 17th, 2013, 01:04 AM
  2. IQ Test?
    By Patrick_94 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2012, 10:44 PM
  3. Why is the Turing Test considered a good test of AI?
    By angrysoba in forum Computer Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 17th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •