Notices
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Is John Galt going to quit?

  1. #1 Is John Galt going to quit? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Mass: a tiny step for atoms, but a huge leap for us.

    You guys need to learn when you have good guy at the top and think about what he is trying to achieve.


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Bachelors Degree GoldenRatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    415
    Did I miss something? Why did this get its own thread.

    In short however, I hope john does not quit. He is valued here but I see his point, some of the shit that goes on here ticks me off too.


     

  4. #3  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenRatio View Post
    In short however, I hope john does not quit. He is valued here but I see his point, some of the shit that goes on here ticks me off too.
    This.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  5. #4  
    Anti-Crank AlexG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,809
    He made a remark about being fed up, which robbitty immediately turned into a rumor.
    Its the way nature is!
    If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
    To another universe, where the rules are simpler
    Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
    Prof Richard Feynman (1979) .....

    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!"
     

  6. #5  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    2,319
    Uh yea Robitty, go back and examine the tense of the verb that John used in his post that you have unnecessarily become alarmed over.
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
     

  7. #6  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    He made a remark about being fed up, which robbitty immediately turned into a rumor.
    Cool - let's make it a good rumour then.

    I've heard that John Galt has been accepted as a candidate on the first Mars colony.
    But it's a top secret project being run by aliens, so he can't discuss it.
    Unfortunately, due to Mars having poor internet access, he won't be able to post on the forum any more.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  8. #7  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    He made a remark about being fed up, which robbitty immediately turned into a rumor.
    It is not a rumour it is a cry of desperation. Who would want to control us? The worst part of this forum are those who consider themselves as knights templar.
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    He made a remark about being fed up, which robbitty immediately turned into a rumor.
    Cool - let's make it a good rumour then.

    I've heard that John Galt has been accepted as a candidate on the first Mars colony.
    But it's a top secret project being run by aliens, so he can't discuss it.
    Unfortunately, due to Mars having poor internet access, he won't be able to post on the forum any more.
    And remember that is a one way trip, there is no coming back from there!
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil View Post
    Uh yea Robitty, go back and examine the tense of the verb that John used in his post that you have unnecessarily become alarmed over.
    The way I read that: "You, in company with others, have certainly brought me to the point of quitting the forum" is we are now uncertain whether that point is now exceeded or not.
    Has John been posting since then or not? Please confirm.
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Masters Degree Implicate Order's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    27.4679 S, 153.0278 E
    Posts
    610
    Na Rob. I reckon John is reeling a bit from the referendum result and in need of a bit of quiet time. Events like those take their toll on passionate folk.
    Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur
     

  12. #11  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Implicate Order View Post
    Na Rob. I reckon John is reeling a bit from the referendum result and in need of a bit of quiet time. Events like those take their toll on passionate folk.
    It doesn't matter to him any more.
    He intends to establish New Scotland on the Tharsis plateau.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Masters Degree Implicate Order's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    27.4679 S, 153.0278 E
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    He intends to establish New Scotland on the Tharsis plateau.
    pffft....Tharsis...chalk and cheese...totally different atmosphere. :-)
    Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur
     

  14. #13  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Implicate Order View Post
    totally different atmosphere. :-)
    I see what you did there... hehe.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Bachelors Degree GoldenRatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    415
    I heard john was going to become a time traveler, go back in time & warn himself to stay away from this forum. In an alternate reality, he was never even here.
     

  16. #15  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    2,319
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil View Post
    Uh yea Robitty, go back and examine the tense of the verb that John used in his post that you have unnecessarily become alarmed over.
    The way I read that: "You, in company with others, have certainly brought me to the point of quitting the forum" is we are now uncertain whether that point is now exceeded or not.
    Has John been posting since then or not? Please confirm.
    John has posted several times since then, the usual stuff, no apparent cries for help.
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil View Post
    Uh yea Robitty, go back and examine the tense of the verb that John used in his post that you have unnecessarily become alarmed over.
    The way I read that: "You, in company with others, have certainly brought me to the point of quitting the forum" is we are now uncertain whether that point is now exceeded or not.
    Has John been posting since then or not? Please confirm.
    John has posted several times since then, the usual stuff, no apparent cries for help.
    Well its been a bad day for a "true Scotsman". His last post was on down note "Agreed. Thread locked."
     

  18. #17  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    His last post was on down note "Agreed. Thread locked."
    That wasn't a "down note".
    That was a good thing.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  19. #18  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    His last post was on down note "Agreed. Thread locked."
    That wasn't a "down note".
    That was a good thing.
    I'm running out of things to keep this rumour going! He disappeared for several months (it for was 3.5 months from May 12th to Sept 1st) and now he's back he's really been "on fire" for a couple of weeks. It is not looking good if he's feeling like this after just 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Robittybob1; September 20th, 2014 at 04:04 AM.
     

  20. #19  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Bob, your intentions are probably admirable. However, this forum is about science and not about its members. Thread locked.
     

Similar Threads

  1. Who is John Galt.
    By NMSquirrel in forum Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: February 12th, 2013, 05:04 PM
  2. Ophiolite is John Galt
    By John Galt in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: January 30th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •