Notices
Results 1 to 37 of 37
Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynx_Fox
  • 1 Post By KALSTER
  • 1 Post By river_rat
  • 1 Post By babe
  • 1 Post By Ascended
  • 1 Post By Bad Robot
  • 1 Post By KALSTER
  • 5 Post By MacGyver1968

Thread: Other forum rules

  1. #1 Other forum rules 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    2
    1) you are banned
    2) you are suspended
    3)You are shunned
    4)moderators are not dictators
    5)moderaters dicktate
    6)you are always stupid
    7)you are a crank
    8)youare a troll
    9)be silent regulars with senority only
    10)man are you really stupid
    11)you can't keep up with the math
    12)go away


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    794


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,302
    MODERATOR NOTE : Perhaps you could elucidate a bit more on what your point really is, because it isn't clear from your OP. I'll put this into "Site Feedback" for now, though I am not sure how much weight the feedback of a member with all of two posts can possibly carry...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    If he reveals who it's a sock puppet for, there may be more posts to weigh in on.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    If he reveals who it's a sock puppet for, there may be more posts to weigh in on.
    His IP address matches that of a number of other members ( which is unusual ) - I'll keep a close eye on this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    Hmmmm.....

    what we know about our off handed troller...
    Probably over 50 years old..named after a great ballad writer, mixed with a bit of freaky, planning his next "wheelchair of fire" tour coming to a casino or fairground near you.
    Markus Hanke likes this.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    And unable to spell his own moniker, so could be a sock of "Pot Raost"
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    If he reveals who it's a sock puppet for, there may be more posts to weigh in on.
    Welcome back.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Hanke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    If he reveals who it's a sock puppet for, there may be more posts to weigh in on.
    His IP address matches that of a number of other members ( which is unusual ) - I'll keep a close eye on this.
    Yeah, he is a serial sock-puppeteer. Banned. Sapien etc.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Hanke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    If he reveals who it's a sock puppet for, there may be more posts to weigh in on.
    His IP address matches that of a number of other members ( which is unusual ) - I'll keep a close eye on this.
    Not unusual. You can't tell anything from the IP address. I don't recall the reason. Admin explained it once.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Because I.P. addresses rotate. So it can be a clue, but not an indicator.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Because I.P. addresses rotate. So it can be a clue, but not an indicator.
    That is what the IP's claim, however it's been my experience that it very rarely changes. When I lived in Tucson, I had COX cable and they told me every time I powered the computer down I had a chance to get a new IP address when I powered up again. However, I frequently checked my IP address and it remained the same for 8 years. The only way I could get it to change was to call in and have the technician manually change it. I'm not sure why this happens but apparently once the connection is made the hardware establishes an affinity for that path, which sort of means if given a choice it will take the path that has already been established.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Because I.P. addresses rotate. So it can be a clue, but not an indicator.
    That is what the IP's claim, however it's been my experience that it very rarely changes. When I lived in Tucson, I had COX cable and they told me every time I powered the computer down I had a chance to get a new IP address when I powered up again. However, I frequently checked my IP address and it remained the same for 8 years. The only way I could get it to change was to call in and have the technician manually change it. I'm not sure why this happens but apparently once the connection is made the hardware establishes an affinity for that path, which sort of means if given a choice it will take the path that has already been established.
    It's a setting is all and it is a setting that can be changed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Hanke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    If he reveals who it's a sock puppet for, there may be more posts to weigh in on.
    His IP address matches that of a number of other members ( which is unusual ) - I'll keep a close eye on this.
    Not unusual. You can't tell anything from the IP address. I don't recall the reason. Admin explained it once.
    It has to do with our hosts. Not sure why though. Two different active members would sometimes show up as having the same IP.

    But it seems to be better nowadays. I don't see duplicated IPs any more between active members that are obviously not suckpuppets, not that I can recall anyway.

    In this case though, sapien admitted to having had a large number of previous accounts going back quite a while. Going through all the accounts that show up under the IP, each has some sort of made-up email address, often spelling out a word that includes the @ as an "a". Not sure how he was able to wangle that. Something we'll have to take a look at. That IP has been banned now though.
    Markus Hanke likes this.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Hanke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    If he reveals who it's a sock puppet for, there may be more posts to weigh in on.
    His IP address matches that of a number of other members ( which is unusual ) - I'll keep a close eye on this.
    Not unusual. You can't tell anything from the IP address. I don't recall the reason. Admin explained it once.
    It has to do with our hosts. Not sure why though. Two different active members would sometimes show up as having the same IP.

    But it seems to be better nowadays. I don't see duplicated IPs any more between active members that are obviously not suckpuppets, not that I can recall anyway.

    In this case though, sapien admitted to having had a large number of previous accounts going back quite a while. Going through all the accounts that show up under the IP, each has some sort of made-up email address, often spelling out a word that includes the @ as an "a". Not sure how he was able to wangle that. Something we'll have to take a look at. That IP has been banned now though.
    So NF and I have different IPs.... awesome!!!
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    ...matter and pixie dust wegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,074
    Is the OP a ...poem? O_o
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,302
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    That IP has been banned now though.
    You can ban IP addresses, rather than user accounts ? I never knew that...how do you do this in the mod panel, or is this an Admin function ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    794
    banning ip wont let many people... baning user people can stil learn
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Hanke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    That IP has been banned now though.
    You can ban IP addresses, rather than user accounts ? I never knew that...how do you do this in the mod panel, or is this an Admin function ?
    It's an Admin function. Usually only as a last resort though.

    Quote Originally Posted by seapikey
    So NF and I have different IPs.... awesome!!!
    Not sure actually.

    Quote Originally Posted by blackscorp
    banning ip wont let many people... baning user people can stil learn
    Huh?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seapikey
    So NF and I have different IPs.... awesome!!!
    Not sure actually.
    What? I demand you check to make sure we're not sock puppets, immediately!

    Oh... and... Seapikey?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seapikey
    So NF and I have different IPs.... awesome!!!
    Not sure actually.
    What? I demand you check to make sure we're not sock puppets, immediately!

    Oh... and... Seapikey?
    Same IP...

    Pikey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seapikey
    So NF and I have different IPs.... awesome!!!
    Not sure actually.
    What? I demand you check to make sure we're not sock puppets, immediately!

    Oh... and... Seapikey?
    Same IP...

    Pikey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Pikey is a pejorative slang term... means someone who refuses to do something within a group.[4] It is not well received among Irish Travellers or Romanies, as it is considered an ethnic slur. -Pikey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Since I am of Irish decent, should I be offended?
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Are you?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,159
    Kalster, being an Admin in another place (on a planet far far away), we ban on IP's.

    Bad Robot is correct.

    If I see someone with the same IP with 15 handles, they are reduced to one. If they are using a proxy, it usually shows that for Admin as a proxy. FYI.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Professor river_rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,517
    Before anyone attempts to ban on an IP address they should be forced to do an interpretive dance explaining the power of NAT to the sound of an 80's power ballad.
    KALSTER likes this.
    As is often the case with technical subjects we are presented with an unfortunate choice: an explanation that is accurate but incomprehensible, or comprehensible but wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,159
    Quote Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
    Before anyone attempts to ban on an IP address they should be forced to do an interpretive dance explaining the power of NAT to the sound of an 80's power ballad.
    70's or 60's...80'S? OH PULEASE!!! *laughing*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
    Before anyone attempts to ban on an IP address they should be forced to do an interpretive dance explaining the power of NAT to the sound of an 80's power ballad.
    NAT does make sense of it.

    I do make sure before banning whole IPs though. I learned from one or two incidents early on where I inadvertently banned perfectly welcome members.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,159
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
    Before anyone attempts to ban on an IP address they should be forced to do an interpretive dance explaining the power of NAT to the sound of an 80's power ballad.
    NAT does make sense of it.

    I do make sure before banning whole IPs though. I learned from one or two incidents early on where I inadvertently banned perfectly welcome members.
    Very Correct!! *S*.....it's a learned lesson when you are a banning novice *chuckle* I have only been one for 16 years *chuckle*...I have it down pretty well.
    KALSTER likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seapikey
    So NF and I have different IPs.... awesome!!!
    Not sure actually.
    What? I demand you check to make sure we're not sock puppets, immediately!

    Oh... and... Seapikey?
    Same IP...

    Pikey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hey Kal have you been watching Snatch again, lol.
    KALSTER likes this.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seapikey
    So NF and I have different IPs.... awesome!!!
    Not sure actually.
    What? I demand you check to make sure we're not sock puppets, immediately!

    Oh... and... Seapikey?
    Same IP...

    Pikey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hey Kal have you been watching Snatch again, lol.
    Many times.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Are you?
    I'm not sure. I only get offended when something is said about me personally. And that something is inaccurate. But looking at the description of pikey and gypsy both, I don't see where either description is negative or inaccurate, I travel a lot, I am a social outsider, I don't always obey the rules, and I am not without my own layer of criminality depending on ones own pov. But it states that most other people think it is a negative term and therefore it is pejorative. I guess, your intent would the defining factor as to whether or not I should feel insulted.

    Did you mean to insult me? I hope not, because that would mean you are not very good at insulting people. Of course you may not feel bad about lacking that skill, so its all in the eye of the beholder... humans are so complicated.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Are you?
    I'm not sure. I only get offended when something is said about me personally. And that something is inaccurate. But looking at the description of pikey and gypsy both, I don't see where either description is negative or inaccurate, I travel a lot, I am a social outsider, I don't always obey the rules, and I am not without my own layer of criminality depending on ones own pov. But it states that most other people think it is a negative term and therefore it is pejorative. I guess, your intent would the defining factor as to whether or not I should feel insulted.

    Did you mean to insult me? I hope not, because that would mean you are not very good at insulting people. Of course you may not feel bad about lacking that skill, so its all in the eye of the beholder... humans are so complicated.
    My take on it was that he was being playful, and other people are the trouble makers.
    babe likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Did you mean to insult me? I hope not, because that would mean you are not very good at insulting people. Of course you may not feel bad about lacking that skill, so its all in the eye of the beholder... humans are so complicated.
    Not in the least. Merely an innocent poke in the ribs.

    Have you seen the movie "Snatch!" ?
    Ascended likes this.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Did you mean to insult me? I hope not, because that would mean you are not very good at insulting people. Of course you may not feel bad about lacking that skill, so its all in the eye of the beholder... humans are so complicated.
    Not in the least. Merely an innocent poke in the ribs.

    Have you seen the movie "Snatch!" ?
    No, I don't see many movies these days. Don't have tv to even know when a new one is out. Prometheus has been sitting on my hard drive for several months now and I still haven't bothered to watch it. Snatch sounds like a cheap porn title, not the type of movie I usually watch lol. I guess I could look it up though and see what it's actually about.
    Speaking badly about people after they are gone and jumping on the bash the band wagon must do very well for a low self-esteem.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Did you mean to insult me? I hope not, because that would mean you are not very good at insulting people. Of course you may not feel bad about lacking that skill, so its all in the eye of the beholder... humans are so complicated.
    Not in the least. Merely an innocent poke in the ribs.

    Have you seen the movie "Snatch!" ?
    No, I don't see many movies these days. Don't have tv to even know when a new one is out. Prometheus has been sitting on my hard drive for several months now and I still haven't bothered to watch it. Snatch sounds like a cheap porn title, not the type of movie I usually watch lol. I guess I could look it up though and see what it's actually about.
    Prepare to have a good time. Not a porn movie. Snatch is good. Prometheus, not so much unfortunately.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Cooking Something Good MacGyver1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
    Before anyone attempts to ban on an IP address they should be forced to do an interpretive dance explaining the power of NAT to the sound of an 80's power ballad.
    NAT does make sense of it.

    I do make sure before banning whole IPs though. I learned from one or two incidents early on where I inadvertently banned perfectly welcome members.
    I forget which board it was...but mods were trying to IP ban a serial socket puppet, and ended up banning the whole country of Germany. oops.
    KALSTER, adelady, Ascended and 2 others like this.
    Fixin' shit that ain't broke.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    3,418
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver1968 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by river_rat View Post
    Before anyone attempts to ban on an IP address they should be forced to do an interpretive dance explaining the power of NAT to the sound of an 80's power ballad.
    NAT does make sense of it.

    I do make sure before banning whole IPs though. I learned from one or two incidents early on where I inadvertently banned perfectly welcome members.
    I forget which board it was...but mods were trying to IP ban a serial socket puppet, and ended up banning the whole country of Germany. oops.
    Lmao
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Does the world 'Need' Rules?
    By Spaceman34 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: July 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
  2. Are you a rules skeptic?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 27th, 2009, 08:30 AM
  3. The Rules of the Universe
    By sridharanr in forum Astronomy & Cosmology
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2008, 03:15 PM
  4. Rules of Inference
    By talanum1 in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 14th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •