Notices
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zinjanthropos

Thread: Trash Can Inspiration

  1. #1 Trash Can Inspiration 
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,726
    You know the saying: One man's trash is another man's treasure. Surely if there is to be a Trash Can then there has to be a Treasure Chest. I suggest a new subforum in which the best threads, posts, topics or whatever get dumped into a Treasure Chest. Since the Mods take out the garbage then I think they could pillage the forum for booty.


    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the enlightening rod.
    Posts
    936
    Novelty thought. Perhaps you would volunteer as mod for said duty? Consider yourself nominated, and perhaps you will be kind enough to furnish an example.


    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.- Thucydides
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finger Prince View Post
    Novelty thought. Perhaps you would volunteer as mod for said duty? Consider yourself nominated, and perhaps you will be kind enough to furnish an example.
    Is this an attempt to win in the 'Most Outrageous Post' category?
    specialpencil likes this.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    Maybe yours is?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the enlightening rod.
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finger Prince View Post
    Novelty thought. Perhaps you would volunteer as mod for said duty? Consider yourself nominated, and perhaps you will be kind enough to furnish an example.
    Is this an attempt to win in the 'Most Outrageous Post' category?
    Prince makes such attempts frequently, or did you not notice? Do you accept nomination or are you having some poor schmuck in particular in mind for dumpster-diving dominion? And you are owing Prince an example, if being so kind.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.- Thucydides
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finger Prince View Post
    Prince makes such attempts frequently, or did you not notice? Do you accept nomination or are you having some poor schmuck in particular in mind for dumpster-diving dominion? And you are owing Prince an example, if being so kind.
    Impossible not to notice. Poor schmucks works for me. No one said the task was easy.

    I do not peruse the entire forum but if I had to pick the top 10 thread titles one of them would be Intelligience. It speaks volumes and is , for some reason one I occasionally think of, and when I do it always brings me a smile. If I was the type to just observe the forum from outside then this title alone should break down any fears I would have about participating and any qualms I may have about being a minnow thrown into a pool of barracudas.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    I'm not inspired by this thread.

    Threads are sent to the trash for a reason--namely that usually have conversations that don't fit into this forum. Out of respect for the contributers, we usually don't lock them and members are free to continue them there if they wish (like recycling). I don't mod there unless someone specifically brings it to our attention as a reported post or PM. Obvious spam gets completely tossed because there is usually no conversation and we don't want to propagate the links. (mods can still see them).
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the enlightening rod.
    Posts
    936
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finger Prince View Post
    Prince makes such attempts frequently, or did you not notice? Do you accept nomination or are you having some poor schmuck in particular in mind for dumpster-diving dominion? And you are owing Prince an example, if being so kind.
    Impossible not to notice. Poor schmucks works for me. No one said the task was easy.

    I do not peruse the entire forum but if I had to pick the top 10 thread titles one of them would be Intelligience. It speaks volumes and is , for some reason one I occasionally think of, and when I do it always brings me a smile. If I was the type to just observe the forum from outside then this title alone should break down any fears I would have about participating and any qualms I may have about being a minnow thrown into a pool of barracudas.
    This was in "Philosophy", not "Trash Can". And barracudas are present, but idea is still interesting. You were meaning to glean such threads from entire forum and categorize thus, based upon what criteria? Silliness? There are an amplitude of possible candidates, if such be the case.
    Last edited by The Finger Prince; November 30th, 2011 at 09:28 PM.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.- Thucydides
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finger Prince View Post
    You were meaning to glean such threads from entire forum and categorize thus, based upon what criteria? Silliness? There are an amplitude of possible candidates, if such be the case.
    You wanted a sample of what it could be like. Silliness could be a category I guess. I think that in the history of the forum there have been some golden memories in any number of categories. I see ironic humor, others see differently. Anyway, it won't fly, and I never really gave it much thought in the first place.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the enlightening rod.
    Posts
    936
    One man's ironic humor... Prince appreciates your irreverence. Too many here are so GRIM sometimes, plus judgmental, self righteous, egotistical, etc. This should be a happy place.
    The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding go out to meet it.- Thucydides
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    5,726
    Quote Originally Posted by The Finger Prince View Post
    One man's ironic humor... Prince appreciates your irreverence. Too many here are so GRIM sometimes, plus judgmental, self righteous, egotistical, etc. This should be a happy place.
    Humor and science might make an interesting topic. Say what you want about a scientist like Hawking, but at least he injects humor into his writings.

    You can find information on just about anything scientific these days. I don't expect this forum to be anywhere above that. I expect what we actually get. Some posts are incredibly funny and nonsensical (I equate those two) and when they are lambasted by knowledgeable membership I find that funny too. I mean it's necessary to point out mistakes and some do it better than others but I can't help snickering thinking about how enraged someone might get over it.
    Last edited by zinjanthropos; December 1st, 2011 at 07:48 AM.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Inspiration
    By Dkav in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 13th, 2011, 11:13 AM
  2. protestant divine inspiration
    By theQuestIsNotOver in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: January 31st, 2011, 04:27 PM
  3. TRASH CAN?
    By johnnny92008 in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 14th, 2009, 04:17 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 26th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •