Notices
Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: About Biohazard's deleted post

  1. #1 About Biohazard's deleted post 
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    There was a post here which called for the banning of a member, and in later replies there were several ad-hominem insults. This post has been removed to the 'deleted posts' section.

    When you have a problem with a member you should send a pm to one of the moderators, we take them serious and always send a reply. Do not post public statements that call for the removal of a member, and under no circumstance start insulting people.

    There's a discussion about Biohazard's post in the moderator section, but until further notice it's deleted.


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    913
    Well i read it and thought he (Bio) was doing Islam a favour. Religious fanatics do nothing to promote their religion, they just drag it though the mud whilst dictating to the rest of us who our god should be.


    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    IMHO he was not doing our forum a favour, we can't allow people to publicly ostracise members or fight out their conflicts here.
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    913
    I can understand what you are saying, and as you are a moderator i'm sure you are doing what is in the forum's best interest. But Sherif has already stated that ex-muslims should be killed, Bio is an ex-muslim. I don't know about you but if i was in Bio's position i would have done a lot more that started a petition.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
     

  6. #5  
    Guest
    You would do this forum a better favor if you would ban members for excessive soap-boxing.
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    115
    Another time
    This message is for All the friends of this debating forum :

    Words like ("Go away", "no one wants you", "kill him", "disappear", "shut up", "stop posting" and many of these kind) show how is weak the one who claims for that ! how is armless ! how is superficial ! how is non-scientific! how is racist! how is against democrtatic behavior !

    I wish we will be all the friends of this forum, whatever the religion or the thoughts which each of us is convinced by, i wish communicate in good manner and respectful discussion without any angry or hate but with peace and openmind.

    I respect opposit opinion but insulting is never a tool for express yourself.
    Let's debate without killing each other!! I think we are civilized!!
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Sophomore susan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    leeds
    Posts
    121
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    Another time
    This message is for All the friends of this debating forum :

    Words like ("Go away", "no one wants you", "kill him", "disappear", "shut up", "stop posting" and many of these kind) show how is weak the one who claims for that ! how is armless ! how is superficial ! how is non-scientific! how is racist! how is against democrtatic behavior !

    I wish we will be all the friends of this forum, whatever the religion or the thoughts which each of us is convinced by, i wish communicate in good manner and respectful discussion without any angry or hate but with peace and openmind.

    I respect opposit opinion but insulting is never a tool for express yourself.
    Let's debate without killing each other!! I think we are civilized!!
    nice thoughts unfortunately some people cant subscribe it.
    those people just get your back up, sadly.
    I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong.
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    Another time
    This message is for All the friends of this debating forum :

    Words like ("Go away", "no one wants you", "kill him", "disappear", "shut up", "stop posting" and many of these kind) show how is weak the one who claims for that ! how is armless ! how is superficial ! how is non-scientific! how is racist! how is against democrtatic behavior !

    I wish we will be all the friends of this forum, whatever the religion or the thoughts which each of us is convinced by, i wish communicate in good manner and respectful discussion without any angry or hate but with peace and openmind.

    I respect opposit opinion but insulting is never a tool for express yourself.
    Let's debate without killing each other!! I think we are civilized!!
    I agree, but can't help but notice that the bolded portions are funny when juxtaposed with your belief that ex-Muslims should be murdered.
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Sophomore BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Marks, Portland, Liberty City
    Posts
    89
    I was serious, but i wanted the thing to be democratic, isnt it enough that I have to hide my atheisim here (in my country) because of possible death threats, now I get death threats in my only place of refuge. I still hold my opinion of sherif and I am not responsible for the insults in the replies.
    "When man contemplates his future death, it is as if, by thinking of it, he renders it immediate. His defence is to deny it. He cannot deny that his body will die and rot - the evidence is too strong for that; so he solves the problem by the invention of the immortal soul" Desmond Morris
     

  11. #10  
    Guest
    As I said before, the moderators laugh and ignore democratic voting for bans.

    In my opinion, this attempt at neutrality makes this forum somewhat worse. When you populate a forum with stupid people, you scare away everyone else.
     

  12. #11  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    115
    Cat1981, you can't understand that Islam is the last universal religion which the GOD has offers to the humanity,
    You refuse to accept this, you are against this Big religion and many of you, so you can't never be able to judge or to interpretate any of the rules of the islam.

    But, let me explain this point once again,

    the GOD ( i mean Our GOD ) said : "And whose will desire for a religion other than Islam that shall never be accepted from him and in the next world he shall be among the losers."

    I know that you didn't consider this as argument, but, I am not lying or hiding truth,

    Let me explain more, You think that some rules of islam are not humanistic.

    I tell you sorry you are wrong,
    For example, the thief must be cutted a hand as a punishement for his crime, according to islam rules.

    i ask you to make a statistic about how many are the crimes of thieving happening in our world today in one day , per month, per year,

    I am sure its a catastrphic number, may be thousands thieving, may be millions of thieving and more and more.

    You know that,
    - nowdays, many of islamic country doesn't apply this rules in judging thiefs.
    - But in the first century after the Hijjra (about 1328 years ago), only five thieving was happened in 100 years (I am not sure about the number exactly, but i know it's very little).

    Why ? We are all agree that theving is a sin and a crime against humanity

    But, when there isn't a punishement for the thief, so the other thiefs will never have afraid, they will do thieving and try to run from the jail after one month or one year and they return to thieving again.

    But, by the application of the punishement of cutting the hand of the thief, every person who will think to do as a crime will thinks a lot and will be afraid to have a hand cutted. it's a non-humanistic rule, in your superficial view, because you think that this life is the aim for the existence and it's the ultimate destination, but according to islam this life is just an exam, so this kind of punishement will threat any person to do harm and do thieving.
    you want that soeone take your things, your money, your cars or every expensive things you have.. I think you will kill him if you can.

    But, if person know that a sever punishment will be applied on him, he will think a lot before he makes this crime.

    Perhaps, is very difficult to you to understand, because you should have a deep view on the matter.

    For your information, i never make rules, i never kill people, i'm not a killer. Only the Judge in an islamic country (which apply the hole islamic rules) has the right to give orders to kill the apostate.

    This punishement is from the GOD, the one who has offered to the humanity this world to live in, to worship HIM,
    So, it must be obeyed... else he has punishement in this life and eternal punishement in after life.

    This is the definition of a god i think, It's the powerful. We are slave.

    It's difficult to you to understand because you ignore many things about your CREATOR.
    Believe me, it's not nature or coincidence, it's ALLAH.
    I'm sur that you will wish one day that you have followed the islamic religion.
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Sophomore BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Marks, Portland, Liberty City
    Posts
    89
    It is clearly stated that an apostate of islam should be killed, that was said by Mohammad (PBUH). No judge has to give the order if a muslim becomes an atheist publicly he may be killed,if the atheist was muslim born he must be killed immediatly, the killer of an atheist gets closer to god and/or heaven.
    Sherif the rules are clear.
    Pendragon note that im not insulting sherif or petitioning anything (Shit, I feel like im in Nazi Germany here)
    "When man contemplates his future death, it is as if, by thinking of it, he renders it immediate. His defence is to deny it. He cannot deny that his body will die and rot - the evidence is too strong for that; so he solves the problem by the invention of the immortal soul" Desmond Morris
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by BioHazard
    I was serious, but i wanted the thing to be democratic, isnt it enough that I have to hide my atheisim here (in my country) because of possible death threats, now I get death threats in my only place of refuge. I still hold my opinion of sherif and I am not responsible for the insults in the replies.
    No one will kill you, !!

    I'm not threaten anyone of you, just I was asked that "are muslim free to abondan their faith", since I'm not a liar and I have no shame to be muslim but on the contrary I am proud, I answer to that question by what i found in islamic rules according to the words of Allah and his messenger , that Apostasy is prohuibited in islam.

    Islam is very expensive. Don't Judge Islam by looking to muslim of these days, but look to the islam foundation.

    Why you fear death? you are Athe! and i think that you believe that there isn't a judgement day after death, that there is no GOD, so don't panic!!

    Never, I kill you, but one of you have threaten to kill me, he was twaaaanng, and his post was removed.

    I encourage you to debate in peaceful way, let stop this nonsenses topic.

    Moderator, let stop this, how you accept this racist behavior,
    You know that I never insult one of the member, I never thret one of them, I just debate and show some of my beliefs.

    Why, they want to be homogenous, they want to be all Atheist together, why they fear the presence of one who is against theirs thoughts.

    So, you should change the name of this forum "scientific discussion and debate" to another one.
    Debating means accepting the opposit opinion, listening to each other.

    This dramatic post should be stopped, because, Biohazard is playing the role of innocent, he makes me a guilty person.
    You want me to lie, I just express myself!
    I am a free man, and no one can judge me only GOD!!

    How you accept this kind of posts, administrator ?
    please, clarify things, I never said that one of you to be killed. I never use this word !! I claim for peace.!!
    We just debate and discuss!!

    Let's communicate in a good manner !!
     

  15. #14  
    Guest
    Enough. This was a moderator statement post, not one for more of your moronic soapboxing. Both of you, for the sake of decency, knock it OFF.
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    115
    Enough Racism.
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    No one will kill you, !!
    Now I'm confused. What exactly was the answer to the original question? I thought we established the penalty for apostasy was death.
     

  18. #17  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    No one will kill you, !!
    Now I'm confused. What exactly was the answer to the original question? I thought we established the penalty for apostasy was death.
    My answer was always clear.

    Moderator, please stop this meaningless topic !!

    -----------------------
    proud to be Muslim !!

    ALLAH is great

    islam THE only WAY TO THE ETERNAL SUCCESS .
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    Moderator, please stop this meaningless topic !!
    A moderator created this topic...
     

  20. #19  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    115
    I see that moderator, wrote this topic to debate and discuss about the racist attitude of a mmber against another one, without any evidence or proof,.

    So, no need to comments off topic !!!

    ----------

    http://www.science4islam.com/
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    I see that moderator, wrote this topic to debate and discuss about the racist attitude of a mmber against another one, without any evidence or proof,.

    So, no need to comments off topic !!!

    ----------

    http://www.science4islam.com/
    Biohazard was racist towards you?
    For some reason that doe'nt sound too korrect.
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    No one will kill you, !!
    Now I'm confused. What exactly was the answer to the original question? I thought we established the penalty for apostasy was death.
    My answer was always clear.
    Not to me.

    So, what's your answer? Are they to be killed, or not?

    Yes or No, please.
    A useless rant will be accepted as a "yes".
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    I'll make one quick point. One more accusation of racism without any evidence or citation that points to where the other member is being "racist" and I *will* ban you. Such nonsense is uncalled for and anyone who equates criticism and ridicule of a religious cult as "racist" has no place here.

    If you can't accept that the rationally minded who wish to discuss science are going to criticize and even ridicule superstitions and cults, you need to leave. If you want a place to erect a soap box to preach and spread propaganda, start a blog and leave our forum in peace.

    I've low tolerance for dogmatic propaganda and proselytizing to those who differ from your worldview.

    If, on the other hand, you want to engage in peaceful and academic debate, feel free to stay and post.

    I will, however, simply delete any post I run across that is preaching, proselytizing, or propagandizing some religious cult's dogma -be it Islam, Christianity or Wicca.

    This is a science forum. As such, the religion subforum should be a place that the science minded discuss how religion affects science; how science affects religion; and how religion can be examined scientifically.

    Discussions about what religion is best; who's god is bigger; etc, etc. would be best discussed in a place where superstition and the paranormal are accepted as matters of fact and not questioned or criticized. Preaching your paranormal beliefs in a science forum with those who use rational thought to observe, investigate and describe their world is not going to win you any friends or earn you any favor.
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinWalker

    This is a science forum. As such, the religion subforum should be a place that the science minded discuss how religion affects science; how science affects religion; and how religion can be examined scientifically.
    I would personally love to see this happen, ive been a member of here for quite a while and have seen atleast 4 people who just come on the copy and paste religious propoganda which is just wasteing the forums bandwidth and doing nothing to promote friendly discussions about science

    Can i ask the moderators a question? why isn't the obvious proselytizing just not deleted at the earliest opportunity to stop the rot?

    I was wondering how long it would take for the race card to pop its head up, but sorry for me religion and politics are open targets for critism and ridicule if they warrant it

    I totally agree with you though, i thought the religious section was for discussing the conflicts between religion and science

    save this forum and keep it that way :-D
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
     

  25. #24  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    No it isn't actually. It is here to discuss things about religion. I'd personally like to speak to sherif about religion and discuss things like The Bible and The Qu'ran-but most likely some athesists would come along and spoil it.

    PS Pendragon if your here again. Is your first name Arthur or Uther? lol
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  26. #25  
    Guest
    Yes. Come along and spoil a "whose mythical creature is more real?!" contest. It is not the fault of people on a SCIENCE FORUM that you're delusional.

    If you don't like it, perhaps you should leave a SCIENCE forum and go to..umm...religious debate ones?
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •