Notices
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Why does he give us eternity in heaven, but only 80yr life ?

  1. #1 Why does he give us eternity in heaven, but only 80yr life ? 
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    80 years of life seems pretty small against other numbers like, 1000, 1million. 1billiion, infinity............. Why so short a life.......... and then an eternity afterlife?


    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    A religious person (not me) might argue that what you said is a good argument why all people suffer, atheist and religious guy alike. That when eternity is entered, the 80 odd years would seem as nothing, an instant, in which you were tested for inclusion in either heaven or hell or whatever. But, again, not me!


    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Moderator Moderator AlexP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,838
    Simple. That's all the human body can take before it naturally breaks down and ceases to function. I'm sure as technology develops we'll live longer, and I'm sure we'd live longer if the environment was in better shape (less pollution and whatnot), but as it is, we just end up with enough wear-and-tear after about 80 years to kill us.
    "There is a kind of lazy pleasure in useless and out-of-the-way erudition." -Jorge Luis Borges
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Sophomore BioHazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Marks, Portland, Liberty City
    Posts
    89
    He's bad at Maths?
    "When man contemplates his future death, it is as if, by thinking of it, he renders it immediate. His defence is to deny it. He cannot deny that his body will die and rot - the evidence is too strong for that; so he solves the problem by the invention of the immortal soul" Desmond Morris
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: Why does he give us eternity in heaven, but only 80yr li 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    a reality you have all yet to properly explain
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    80 years of life seems pretty small against other numbers like, 1000, 1million. 1billiion, infinity............. Why so short a life.......... and then an eternity afterlife?
    Some people get caught in so many irrational ways of thinking, across the planet, by the time they are 80 they have had enough of being "alive", believe it or not. Death to them, in general, is an unexplored concept, a type of "why not" risk.

    Think of the ENTIRE planet of people, and not just the very minor population eldery people who want to look young. Sure, everyone dreads death, the idea of it, the uncertainty, but that is my point, namely that by the age of 80 we are so unrealistic we get a thing called "senility", which technically has no real organic basis other than being a condition of "old age", namely old people who behave like they have lost the plot.

    Think about it: do you reall think it is possible to live 10,000 years? For what? What is your own message to people who can't but can if they tried with your way of handling that event? Would not everything become so repetitive you also would want to explore death's door? Or, is there a type of mysterious and ever changing challenge to beig alive that long, a daily test that never goes away, always different, yet also something that makes you want to stay alive for such a long time?

    I am not preaching mind over matter here, I am merely stating that our state of mind has the power to determine outcomes relevant to our own survival. Having a state of mind that a handle the concept of a LOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNG life is merely the starting point.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: Why does he give us eternity in heaven, but only 80yr li 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofMaxwell
    80 years of life seems pretty small against other numbers like, 1000, 1million. 1billiion, infinity............. Why so short a life.......... and then an eternity afterlife?
    alternatively, with the view of reincarnation you can spend an eternity taking birth and dying in any of the species of life your karma can accommodate for eternity ...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: Why does he give us eternity in heaven, but only 80yr li 
    Forum Ph.D. GhostofMaxwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Thames estuary
    Posts
    851
    Quote Originally Posted by streamSystems
    Think about it: do you reall think it is possible to live 10,000 years? For what? What is your own message to people who can't but can if they tried with your way of handling that event? Would not everything become so repetitive you also would want to explore death's door? Or, is there a type of mysterious and ever changing challenge to beig alive that long, a daily test that never goes away, always different, yet also something that makes you want to stay alive for such a long time?
    Thats not the point. Although a god given eternity would be even more dull and repetitive, yeah?
    Es ist Zeit für sauberen



    You guys
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 80 years? 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    3
    Why is there a set time of life in the flesh? My guess, well shit this is the religion section so I shouldn't be stoned for talking about god.

    According to the bible, this existence in the flesh is because of an event that happened before this earth-age. It was called the "catabo" I prolly mispelled that but it's translation is "the over-throw". The bible or I prolly should say the Tora "Old-Testament", says that Satan, who's position was that of a protecting Cherub of the mercy seat. Decided instead of protecting the seat that he should be the one who should be on the seat. So he and a third of the angels tried to take it by force, and of course failed. However, what does god do about it? He didn't want to destroy a third of his angels because of this fiasco. So he started a new age, where all the angels of the former age are born Innocent "not knowing what side they stood on in the previous age". In essence a test, how you live your life here determines where you end up on the other side. If you fail this test well, I think even you aetheists and agnostics can prolly figure that out yourselves.

    Damn it's warm in here, oh it's because there are flames commin my way.
    "Be strong in your Ignorance." : )
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    A religious person (not me) ....!
    I am a religious person, and returning back to the history of humanity, I see that 80 years is not also gurantee to all.
    That's true, it's an average of ages, but in my opinion, the limit of life is unknown to us of course, then it can be happen at any moment, that's why the 80 years may becomes 15 or 20 or 25 or 30 or ...50
    All this indicativs numbers to us doesn't matter, as you say they are negligeable against eternity (10000000000000000000000000000.... years)

    All the existence (Life and after life ) is a function like = 1/x

    with, x is the remaining life (i.e: when End Life=80 and age=50 ==> x =30 / age =75 ==> x = 5 / so x-----> 0)

    So, When x approaches zero, f(life,afterlife) --------> infinity.

    I interpretate,
    when remaing life ---> 0 then the afterlife is nearly coming and will -----> infinity.

    But, the question is, while we have seen the x -->0 (:: life is a reality, we are involved in and we are working in, of course), so this rule is it general? I mean when the afterlife --> infinity will be a reality and we will be there, how we will be there according to our vision of the world of today? which scenario do you propose or do you imagine? let's doing a brainstorming about that?

    what do you think?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    a reality you have all yet to properly explain
    Posts
    902
    Sheriff,

    The guys here are worried about you, because this is a global forum, and they ain't know didly squat about Islam.

    You see, islam is a religion, and this is the religion section. And they know that. But you highlight a very important thing, in my books, namely that they are prejudiced and hypocritical. They are prejudiced because they only perceive through their judaic-christain-atheist eyes, and they are hypocritical because they fail to recognise Islam inspired the Rennaisance. And it shows with some of the threads I offer, the posts: narrow-minded, prejudiced, hypocritical, responses.

    Stick in there.

    As for me, I have an alternative theory of space-time that is not based just on Islam "mono-time" but christian "dual-time" logic as well (I will explain later if asked).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by sherif003
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    A religious person (not me) ....!
    All the existence (Life and after life ) is a function like = 1/x

    with, x is the remaining life (i.e: when End Life=80 and age=50 ==> x =30 / age =75 ==> x = 5 / so x-----> 0)

    So, When x approaches zero, f(life,afterlife) --------> infinity.

    I interpretate,
    when remaing life ---> 0 then the afterlife is nearly coming and will -----> infinity.


    what do you think?
    Your limt theory is flawed:
    1. Why do you pick 1/x as you function? What is the eq. = too? IE Y plot name.
    2. Unlike theoritical math, X will reach 0 at time of death. And according to your calculation at the time of death, your limit theory does REACH zero. Such infinity does not get reached and is undefined as an answer.
    3. x/80=percentage of life passed makes more sense
    4. Your function plot does not take you into another life plot. You continue on the same plane... maybe showing that some cells in your body are still alive as the bacteria slowly eats away your tissue over time.
    5. But your conclusion of an after life does not reflect in the math. it just highlights that there is no "point" at which you die. Such is true in life a person who drops to the ground and needs CPR does not have a heartbeat, but still has brain function and cellular function... I guess you need to define what "Dead" is before continue on with the calculation to prove that you have moved onto the afterlife.
    6. As you stated the afterlife is NEARLY COMING... but does not seem to come does it? You say it will, but your math does not prove you will ever cross that plane

    I would start with your y plot name to define what your function is measuring.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •