Notices
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 184 of 184
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: If Jesus was not Son Of God, then who was He?

  1. #101  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    advertising hyperspace
    Posts
    148
    There is no last word on this subject.

    We are merely refuelling, like Dorothies lost in some dreamworld.

    Accept your fate: death takes all.

    If you believe in reincarnation, start a new thread.

    AhhhhhHHHHHiiiiiii Hhaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaa.
     

  2. #102  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    The point of a debate is to get one's opinion over to each other to come to an understanding-not for a believer to convert a non-believer and not for a non-believer to turn a believer into a non-believer.
    I'm not sure you understand what "debate" means.
     

  3. #103  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by daytonturner
    However, I would not vilify Hindus because of their beliefs even though I do not agree with them.

    But I would consider their religion much more credible than, say, that of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    Why is Hinduism more credible? What, other than the fact that Hinduism is older and believed in by more people, makes it more credible than the FSM?
    ... But even if .000000000000099 percent of the people believed in the FSM, no rational person would believe in that.
    I agree that no rational person would believe in the FSM. That's the entire point - it's an obviously absurd belief. What you don't seem to grasp, however, is that your own ancient magic stories about talking plants and people conjuring things from thin air seem equally absurd.
     

  4. #104  
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    I have to confess...

    I AM JESUS!

    Now start worshipping me... Or ye shall be put to death!
     

  5. #105  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Scifor don't twist my words please, you know what I meant; debate in this discussion is about who Jesus was Ok, and the post itself is about religion. Doesn't anyone else recognise that Scifor's responses are always picking at double meaning sentences in our responses, such as my "what debate is", obviously debate overall does not mean what I put down, but from what I've read in this debate so far is proof enough to support what I said debate was (which by the way I say again; it's definition was attributed to this discussion, clearly a logical assumption when you read it). I think you're just looking for a fight. Seriously though Scifor all you do is pick at people's beliefs even itf they come from either 3 parties (believer, agnostic and atheist (in case I have to say what I mean so you can't pick at it again)) in this discussion. Please if you have nothing better to do as I'm sure you've offended many on here-then just leave because you are not contributing apart from disecting peoples opinions and twisting them on people to get some sort of satisfaction or whatever reason you're doing it for out of it.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  6. #106  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,893
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Scifor don't twist my words please, you know what I meant; debate in this discussion is about who Jesus was Ok, and the post itself is about religion. Doesn't anyone else recognise that Scifor's responses are always picking at double meaning sentences in our responses, such as my "what debate is", obviously debate overall does not mean what I put down, but from what I've read in this debate so far is proof enough to support what I said debate was (which by the way I say again; it's definition was attributed to this discussion, clearly a logical assumption when you read it).
    You said:
    The point of a debate is to get one's opinion over to each other to come to an understanding-not for a believer to convert a non-believer and not for a non-believer to turn a believer into a non-believer.
    When I read that it appeared to me that you were confused about what the word "debate" means. English isn't the first language of many people here, and I thought perhaps you were one of non-native English speakers. Express yourself coherently and it won't be a problem next time. I'll leave it up to everyone else to judge whether or not I'm an idiot for not understanding what you meant in your statement about "the point of a debate".
    I think you're just looking for a fight. Seriously though Scifor all you do is pick at people's beliefs even itf they come from either 3 parties (believer, agnostic and atheist (in case I have to say what I mean so you can't pick at it again)) in this discussion.
    Really? I wasn't aware that I had been attacking the beliefs of agnostics or atheists. If by "looking for a fight" you mean "trying to engage in a rational debate about religious beliefs," then that's true. When I see someone say something that seems stupid to me, I call them on it and ask them to back up their opinions. Most people don’t seem to mind. Unless a moderator tells me that I'm being abusive and asks me to stop, I don't plan on changing my behavior. If you find my posts intolerable, feel free to ignore me or even add me to your ignore list.
     

  7. #107  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Fair point. You're good at this aren't you? But seriously though who do you all think Jesus was!
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
     

  8. #108  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8
    I have to say this is my first time posting. I had to register to sign in and make this point. One there are so many errors by the atheists it's apart comical. One Jesus was not the immaculate conception. The Virgin Mary was because she was a sinless vessel so she could carry the glorified son of God. Two. There was no rape as some of you mockingly claim. Mary conceded to the birth and gave up her will for Gods will. Three. Some of you asserting that there isn't a shred of evidence of Jesus outside the gospels are also incorrect. There is the writings of flavius Josephus and others. Four. Someone tries to use the tired Ceaser argument which is unsubstantiated and been shot to the depths of Hell by facts and evidence, but take this into account until the mid to late 20th century there was no evidence other than the bible of Pontius Pilate but I guess until that was found he didn't exist ? For people who use logic it seems you use it only when it suits your means. Also it would behoove you to show respect to other people's beliefs. There are scientific beliefs like string theory that some don't believe in yet we do not mock them like some mock religious beliefs. Show respect. Ps I believe in string theory in case anyone was wondering lol
     

  9. #109  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    One there are so many errors by the atheists
    So you decided to add some of your own.

    The Virgin Mary was because she was a sinless vessel so she could carry the glorified son of God.
    Unsupported claim.

    Some of you asserting that there isn't a shred of evidence of Jesus outside the gospels are also incorrect. There is the writings of flavius Josephus and others.
    Apart from the fact that the Flavius writings are generally accepted as insertions by someone else, try reading: there are no contemporary writings.

    Someone tries to use the tired Ceaser argument which is unsubstantiated and been shot to the depths of Hell by facts and evidence, but take this into account until the mid to late 20th century there was no evidence other than the bible of Pontius Pilate but I guess until that was found he didn't exist ? For people who use logic it seems you use it only when it suits your means.
    Ah right.
    So your version of logic is that because one previously thought-to-be-not-real character turned out to be we should consider all such to be real. Got it.

    Also it would behoove you to show respect to other people's beliefs.
    Why?
    I keep seeing this statement, but so far no one has attempted to explain why.

    There are scientific beliefs like string theory that some don't believe in yet we do not mock them like some mock religious beliefs.
    Then you should try looking harder. You're wrong.

    And resurrecting a four year old thread isn't exactly smart. A number of the participants no longer post here.
    stonecutter and Busy Bee like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  10. #110  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8
    The point is the assertion some of you were making as Jesus being the immaculate conception is in err. So you are basing an argument in a discussion with improper evidence to begin with. Unsubstantiated or not the faiths who believe in the immaculate conception hold the truth that the Virgin Mary was that conception not Jesus. Also why should you show respect because showing disrespect makes you seem less intelligent and presents yourselves as troglodytes
     

  11. #111  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    The point is the assertion some of you were making as Jesus being the immaculate conception is in err. So you are basing an argument in a discussion with improper evidence to begin with. Unsubstantiated or not the faiths who believe in the immaculate conception hold the truth that the Virgin Mary was that conception not Jesus.
    So you're quibbling about terminology.

    Also why should you show respect because showing disrespect makes you seem less intelligent and presents yourselves as troglodytes
    Why should we show respect to those who consistently show they're incapable of rational thought or argument?
    Respect is earned.
    IOW flawed "argument".
    MrMojo1, stonecutter and Busy Bee like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  12. #112  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    The point is the assertion some of you were making as Jesus being the immaculate conception is in err. So you are basing an argument in a discussion with improper evidence to begin with. Unsubstantiated or not the faiths who believe in the immaculate conception hold the truth that the Virgin Mary was that conception not Jesus.
    So you're quibbling about terminology.

    Also why should you show respect because showing disrespect makes you seem less intelligent and presents yourselves as troglodytes
    Why should we show respect to those who consistently show they're incapable of rational thought or argument?
    Respect is earned.
    IOW flawed "argument".
    So because you disagree with it it is automatically irrational thought? I see so you are the arbiter of what is rational?
     

  13. #113  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    So because you disagree with it it is automatically irrational thought? I see so you are the arbiter of what is rational?
    See what I mean?
    Neither of those is what I wrote. And neither is what I implied.
    Yet you seem to think your reply was appropriate.

    Try this: irrational is making claims for which there is zero evidence.
    MrMojo1 and stonecutter like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  14. #114  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    So because you disagree with it it is automatically irrational thought? I see so you are the arbiter of what is rational?
    See what I mean?
    Neither of those is what I wrote. And neither is what I implied.
    Yet you seem to think your reply was appropriate.

    Try this: irrational is making claims for which there is zero evidence.
    you wrote that you don't need to respect believers because they are not capable of rational thought. You said respect is earned. Implying that a believer doesn't deserve your respect because his point of view is irrational
     

  15. #115  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Believers are capable of rational thought, but believing in something for which there is no rationale is, by definition, irrational.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  16. #116  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano View Post
    you wrote that you don't need to respect believers because they are not capable of rational thought.
    Not quite.
    I'll write it again: Why should we show respect to those who consistently show they're incapable of rational thought or argument?
    I didn't (specifically) mention believers.

    You said respect is earned.
    Correct.

    Implying that a believer doesn't deserve your respect because his point of view is irrational
    Oops.
    Nope.
    I thought it was explicit: ANYONE who doesn't manage to come up with rational thoughts or arguments won't get my respect.

    @ Flick.
    Mea culpa.
    Yes, except when it comes to the subject of their belief.
    MrMojo1 and stonecutter like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  17. #117  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    jesus was/(is?) the "son of man".
     

  18. #118  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Quantime View Post
    There are many texts on who Jesus was and what He did-He perfromed many many miracles as they were seen back then and even though the Catholic church supressed many documents about His more human side, if He was not The Son Of God, who is He and why would He tell everyone He is. There is no doubt someone did perform such miracles back then-I mean we can create a child in a womb without the act of sexual reporduction today-in effect the female being impregnated can have a child whislt still being a Virgin, so as I keep saying if He was not Son Of God, then who was He? I personally beleive He was and Is and Is to come, but I was just wondering what non-beleivers think He was-there is one thing no-one can deny, if He did not exist the story had to come from somewhere.

    For example when He fed the 5000 with a loaf of bread, who's to say He did not put a huge amount of energy in it, by say closing the space in an atom to be able to contain more energy in the space we see, so when one did eat a crumb, they could have ate a loaf? Do you see what I mean, if He was a time traveller He may possess the technology to do that. Also curing the blind, rising from the dead what we don't know now may be known in the future, we cannot at least deny that.

    I mean what if God is the same? A time traveller who is super intelligent and can evade us with say some invisible device for all our known detectable devices we can use-someone who possesses technology far beyond ours, He could have placed man on Earth long ago knowing that His DNA, or RNA or whatever would eventually become what it is today-thus allowing evolution. He could have come back because in the future that was what He was supposed to do. Just a theory-religous people might condemn me for thinking this.

    Thanks for reading.

    Jesus was just yet another jewish prophet-human sent to jews only ,by Allah of course , Allah as the one and only God and creator of all beings and things .

    That christian trinity is thus a pure myth .

    Jesus was born indeed without a father , but that can be compared to cases of Adam and Eve who were created without a father and without a mother even .

    Jesus was also neither crucified nor killed , but was confused with someone else who got crucified in his place .

    Jesus rose to heaven by the help of God .

    Jesus was thus not resurrected either .

    Jesus will come back to earth indeed to establish the complete global rule of the final testament = Islam , Jesus will kill the jewish anti-christ and will thus rule the whole world from Jerusalem .


    P.S.: We believe in all prophets from Adam to Mohammed , including in Jesus , Moses ...and in the rest .

    We love them all and they aere all one big family of prophets who came with essentially the same core message .


    Both judaism and christianity were corrupted beyond any recognition, even though they do still contain some elements of truth , to some extent at least .

    Islam had not only confirmed and completed all previous messages of all previous prophets we believe in, but islam had also replaced them .That does not exclude the freedom of belief of non-muslims , even under dominant islam .

    There were approximately 124 000 prophets : all of them were sent only to their own peoples , except Muhammed who was sent to all mankind ....
     

  19. #119  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    Both judaism and christianity were corrupted beyond any recognition
    This is made hilarious by your emphatic support of Islam, a religion which has been so perverted by radical prophets that some brainwashed followers actually thought it would be a good idea to fly planes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

    Not only are your posts infuriatingly arrogant, but they are also completely misinformed. You're just preaching at this point and you need to go away.
    pavlos, MrMojo1, PhDemon and 1 others like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  20. #120  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    Both judaism and christianity were corrupted beyond any recognition
    This is made hilarious by your emphatic support of Islam, a religion which has been so perverted by radical prophets that some brainwashed followers actually thought it would be a good idea to fly planes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

    Not only are your posts infuriatingly arrogant, but they are also completely misinformed. You're just preaching at this point and you need to go away.
    haha : not for nothing have i choosed that nickname of mine : so, i am gonna stay here whether you like it or not : that's not up to you either .

    So, who's arrogant here .

    First of all , 911 was obviously an inside job :

    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/911-explosive-evidence-experts-speak-out/

    There are also plenty of other topdocus on the matter there .


    Secondo : This is the time of muslims' decline, not islam's , to put it simply


    So, go get a critical brain from the black market , you misinformed and brainwashed dude .
     

  21. #121  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    First of all , 911 was obviously an inside job
    My linguistic capabilities are insufficient to even being plumbing the depths of your vast ignorance.
    MrMojo1 and stonecutter like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  22. #122  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    First of all , 911 was obviously an inside job
    My linguistic capabilities are insufficient to even being plumbing the depths of your vast ignorance.
    Of course , you are much smarter than those experts .

    Does it ever occur to you that you might be overestimating your capacity of judgement ?

    I guess not, so, just go on on making such silly self-projections

    Where all those frustrations of yours do come from, dude ?
     

  23. #123  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    My frustrations come from two things: Firstly, I have no tolerance for ignorance. You seem to think that a handful of conspiracy theorists are experts compared to the vast majority of site inspectors who have thoroughly explained what REALLY happened. Second, I am powerless to remove your stain from this board. You have been nothing but an agitation to everyone here since you showed up with your "Islam created science" garbage. Now, you're suggesting that the American government killed its own people and blamed it on Islam? If it were up to me, you would have a permanent IP ban.

    If you want to protect your religion, you'd be better served putting accountability on the guilty parties, not trying to deflect blame. Those terrorists are not part of Islam. They are a perversion in the eyes of the world. To protect them, in my eyes, makes you no better than them. I have a pretty long fuse, but people like you burn through it fast.
    pavlos, MrMojo1 and stonecutter like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  24. #124  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Reported.
    911 wacko claims have no place in this sub-forum.
    The idiot just turned it into Trash material.
    stonecutter likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  25. #125  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WhistleBlower View Post
    Both judaism and christianity were corrupted beyond any recognition
    This is made hilarious by your emphatic support of Islam, a religion which has been so perverted by radical prophets that some brainwashed followers actually thought it would be a good idea to fly planes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people.

    Not only are your posts infuriatingly arrogant, but they are also completely misinformed. You're just preaching at this point and you need to go away.
    haha : not for nothing have i choosed that nickname of mine : so, i am gonna stay here whether you like it or not
    Not necessarily.
     

  26. #126  
    Powerful Telescoper SolarCatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4
    "Faith is a question of belief, and belief is a question of faith"^---- your answer
     

  27. #127  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,227
    being the daughter of two ordained Pentecostal preachers.......

    Jesus was a great character in a book, called the Bible. If he existed, I think he was more or a Buddhist persona.

    The Bible is a great book of historical fiction.
     

  28. #128  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarCatcher View Post
    "Faith is a question of belief, and belief is a question of faith"^---- your answer
    Which is no answer at all.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  29. #129  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarCatcher View Post
    "Faith is a question of belief, and belief is a question of faith"^---- your answer
    Which is no answer at all.
    I have faith that I shall play golf tomorrow ....I believe I shall bury my neph on Sunday....

    I agreed...that is just a fact...it isn't a belief....it is just what shall be.

    Faith isn't a question. It is a fact.

    Belief to me the same. It is a fact. You believe it. It is a fact.
     

  30. #130  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I have faith that I shall play golf tomorrow ....I believe I shall bury my neph on Sunday....
    I agreed...that is just a fact...it isn't a belief....it is just what shall be.
    Faith isn't a question. It is a fact.
    Belief to me the same. It is a fact. You believe it. It is a fact.
    Um, I'm confused here.
    The only "fact" involved with faith is the fact that you hold that faith.
    I said it's not an answer because that faith is only an "answer" in that one chooses to believe (or not) with zero evidence.
    I.e. it's not an answer because it doesn't decisively give an actual "yes" or "no".

    One might as well claim that the "answer" to "What is 2 plus 2?" is "I have faith that it's 11", "I have faith that it's 5", or even "I believe that it's oxtail-flavoured blancmange".
    pavlos and stonecutter like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  31. #131  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I have faith that I shall play golf tomorrow ....I believe I shall bury my neph on Sunday....
    I agreed...that is just a fact...it isn't a belief....it is just what shall be.
    Faith isn't a question. It is a fact.
    Belief to me the same. It is a fact. You believe it. It is a fact.
    Um, I'm confused here.
    The only "fact" involved with faith is the fact that you hold that faith.
    I said it's not an answer because that faith is only an "answer" in that one chooses to believe (or not) with zero evidence.
    I.e. it's not an answer because it doesn't decisively give an actual "yes" or "no".

    One might as well claim that the "answer" to "What is 2 plus 2?" is "I have faith that it's 11", "I have faith that it's 5", or even "I believe that it's oxtail-flavoured blancmange".
    Maybe what I am trying to say, and not well, is that someone has faith, it is a fact they have faith. If you don't have "faith" it is a fact that you don't have faith. Did that make it any clearer.
     

  32. #132  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Jesus peace be upon him, is a prophet .. a human like us ! He and his message was no different than the previous prophets chosen by God, who all called to the worship of God and God alone, Jesus is not a son of GOD.
     

  33. #133  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    Jesus peace be upon him, is a prophet .. a human like us ! He and his message was no different than the previous prophets chosen by God, who all called to the worship of God and God alone, Jesus is not a son of GOD.
    If you add the word "allegedly" to that sentence then, yeah, you've got it.
    pavlos and Flick Montana like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  34. #134  
    Forum Masters Degree pavlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    and God alone,
    Was there another then.
    A logician saves the life of a tiny space alien. The alien is very grateful and, since she's omniscient, offers the following reward: she offers to answer any question the logician might pose. Without too much thought (after all, he's a logician), he asks: "What is the best question to ask and what is the correct answer to that question?" The tiny alien pauses. Finally she replies, "The best question is the one you just asked; and the correct answer is the one I gave."
     

  35. #135  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I have faith that I shall play golf tomorrow ....I believe I shall bury my neph on Sunday....
    I agreed...that is just a fact...it isn't a belief....it is just what shall be.
    Faith isn't a question. It is a fact.
    Belief to me the same. It is a fact. You believe it. It is a fact.
    Um, I'm confused here.
    The only "fact" involved with faith is the fact that you hold that faith.
    I said it's not an answer because that faith is only an "answer" in that one chooses to believe (or not) with zero evidence.
    I.e. it's not an answer because it doesn't decisively give an actual "yes" or "no".

    One might as well claim that the "answer" to "What is 2 plus 2?" is "I have faith that it's 11", "I have faith that it's 5", or even "I believe that it's oxtail-flavoured blancmange".
    Faith is defined as,

    faith /fāTH/

    Noun
    1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something.
    2. Strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.
    Synonyms
    belief - trust - confidence - credence - credit

    https://www.google.com/search?source....0.Ch0_vdAkvvI
    Cogito Ergo Sum likes this.
     

  36. #136  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    and God alone,
    Was there another then.
    Please explain !
     

  37. #137  
    Forum Masters Degree pavlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    and God alone,
    Was there another then.
    Please explain !
    BY stating " all called to the worship of God and God alone" you intimate that there must be another god/gods worthy of worship. So was there another then.
    A logician saves the life of a tiny space alien. The alien is very grateful and, since she's omniscient, offers the following reward: she offers to answer any question the logician might pose. Without too much thought (after all, he's a logician), he asks: "What is the best question to ask and what is the correct answer to that question?" The tiny alien pauses. Finally she replies, "The best question is the one you just asked; and the correct answer is the one I gave."
     

  38. #138  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    and God alone,
    Was there another then.
    Please explain !
    BY stating " all called to the worship of God and God alone" you intimate that there must be another god/gods worthy of worship. So was there another then.
    many people was worshiping idols ; sun ; fire ; planets.... ,they believed there was more than one god .. that's why God sent prophets and messengers to guide them (i didn't mean that there must be another god )
     

  39. #139  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Of all the religions I know about, Sun worship always made the most sense. Essentially, the Sun is responsible for all life on Earth.
    pavlos and Cogito Ergo Sum like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  40. #140  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    many people was worshiping idols ; sun ; fire ; planets.... ,they believed there was more than one god .. that's why God sent prophets and messengers to guide them (i didn't mean that there must be another god )
    And yet people who worship other gods (singular and plural) have prophets and messengers telling them that they are doing it right. Why should I put any more credence in your prophets than any others?
    Cogito Ergo Sum likes this.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  41. #141  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Forget prophets. The Norse God Thor threw lightning, Neptune brought the wrath of the ocean, even Zeus came to Earth as a water fowl. Gods nowadays just don't command the same kind of respect.
    pavlos and viewsaskew like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  42. #142  
    Forum Masters Degree pavlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    many people was worshiping idols ; sun ; fire ; planets.... ,they believed there was more than one god .. that's why God sent prophets and messengers to guide them (i didn't mean that there must be another god )
    So they were worshipping other gods or what they considered a god.
    1, So what makes there's wrong and yours right?
    2, Why must they worship your god and only your god?

    Please elaborate thank you.
    shazzy likes this.
    A logician saves the life of a tiny space alien. The alien is very grateful and, since she's omniscient, offers the following reward: she offers to answer any question the logician might pose. Without too much thought (after all, he's a logician), he asks: "What is the best question to ask and what is the correct answer to that question?" The tiny alien pauses. Finally she replies, "The best question is the one you just asked; and the correct answer is the one I gave."
     

  43. #143  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    many people was worshiping idols ; sun ; fire ; planets.... ,they believed there was more than one god .. that's why God sent prophets and messengers to guide them (i didn't mean that there must be another god )
    And yet people who worship other gods (singular and plural) have prophets and messengers telling them that they are doing it right. Why should I put any more credence in your prophets than any others?
    that's right ! we must have a look on what every prophet brought , is it
    convincing or it's just his desire .. thus we can choose to follow him or not
     

  44. #144  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    that's right ! we must have a look on what every prophet brought , is it
    [TABLE="class: gt-baf-table"]
    [TR]
    [TD][COLOR=#000000]convincing or it's just his desire .. thus we can choose to follow him or not [/COLOR]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    OK. I don't find yours convincing; it is just your desire. I'll choose another one. But thanks for the offer.

    (What's with the weird formatting?)
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  45. #145  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Forget prophets. The Norse God Thor threw lightning, Neptune brought the wrath of the ocean, even Zeus came to Earth as a water fowl. Gods nowadays just don't command the same kind of respect.
    Zeus---wowie zowie, omnipotent king of the gods
    also a horny old bastard who would fuck just about anything that crawled, swam, walked or flew, though he did seem to have a particular passion for human females, over 40 imortal children and over 50 from human women. Once, after masturbating and spilling some seed on his thigh, he even gave birth from that.

    respect?
     

  46. #146  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    Zeus---wowie zowie, omnipotent king of the gods
    also a horny old bastard who would fuck just about anything that crawled, swam, walked or flew, though he did seem to have a particular passion for human females, over 40 imortal children and over 50 from human women. Once, after masturbating and spilling some seed on his thigh, he even gave birth from that.

    respect?
    Sure. That's pretty much how I would describe Charlie Sheen and people seem to love him.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  47. #147  
    Forum Professor pyoko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,095
    I'll just leave this here.

    It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
     

  48. #148  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    1- when the prophet said we must worship one and only one God, He expalained why, and God supported him with miracles so we can believe him...thus i'm convinced that my religion leads me to worship the right God, i compared it to other religions and i'm still convinced because i didn't find any religion describes God like my religion does
    2- I invite people to worship God but never oblige them to.
     

  49. #149  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    1- when the prophet said we must worship one and only one God, He expalained why, and God supported him with miracles so we can believe him...thus i'm convinced that my religion leads me to worship the right God,
    But everyone else says exactly the same about their god. Why should I believe your prophets and your tales of miracles over anyone else's?

    You are being remarkably unconvincing.

    i compared it to other religions and i'm still convinced because i didn't find any religion describes God like my religion does
    Maybe that is because you have it wrong and they are right.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  50. #150  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    We have Brains We can distinguish between things.. we just have to think and think deeply.
    shazzy likes this.
     

  51. #151  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    We have Brains We can distinguish between things.. we just have to think and think deeply.
    Yes, I have done that. It appears you are wrong. Sorry.

    Also, you appear to be saying that if anyone thought about it, they would agree with you. That is pretty close to arrogance. Which is almost pride. Which is a sin. Oh dear.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  52. #152  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    that's right ! we must have a look on what every prophet brought , is it
    [TABLE="class: gt-baf-table"]
    [TR]
    [TD][COLOR=#000000]convincing or it's just his desire .. thus we can choose to follow him or not [/COLOR]
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    OK. I don't find yours convincing; it is just your desire. I'll choose another one. But thanks for the offer.

    (What's with the weird formatting?)
    ur welcome , and about the "weird formatting" ..when i press the "quote" button , i find this web encoding in the field specified for writing the reply,, please what should i do ??
     

  53. #153  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    We have Brains We can distinguish between things.. we just have to think and think deeply.
    Yes, I have done that. It appears you are wrong. Sorry.

    Also, you appear to be saying that if anyone thought about it, they would agree with you. That is pretty close to arrogance. Which is almost pride. Which is a sin. Oh dear.
    i'm wrong about what ? would you please tell me ?
     

  54. #154  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    i'm wrong about what ? would you please tell me ?
    Things like this:
    when the prophet said we must worship one and only one God, He expalained why, and God supported him with miracles so we can believe him...thus i'm convinced that my religion leads me to worship the right God, i compared it to other religions and i'm still convinced because i didn't find any religion describes God like my religion does
    If you used your brains to think and think deeply about it, you would see that you were mistaken.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  55. #155  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    i'm wrong about what ? would you please tell me ?
    Things like this:
    when the prophet said we must worship one and only one God, He expalained why, and God supported him with miracles so we can believe him...thus i'm convinced that my religion leads me to worship the right God, i compared it to other religions and i'm still convinced because i didn't find any religion describes God like my religion does
    If you used your brains to think and think deeply about it, you would see that you were mistaken.
    no i wouldn't ... everyday i read what the prophet has bring to us and everyday i'm convinced more and more.. that's about me
    How about you ? what's your way of thinking about all of that ?
     

  56. #156  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Is this a Proselytizing Forum or a Science Forum?
    Incov, to be quite blunt, you're preaching. If you have scientific evidence to present, please lay it out. Otherwise, your personal beliefs are of no concern to most people on the board.
    Last edited by Neverfly; July 31st, 2013 at 01:46 AM. Reason: "are" not "of"
    stonecutter likes this.
     

  57. #157  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    ...God supported him with miracles ....
    name one
     

  58. #158  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    Zeus---wowie zowie, omnipotent king of the gods
    also a horny old bastard who would fuck just about anything that crawled, swam, walked or flew, though he did seem to have a particular passion for human females, over 40 imortal children and over 50 from human women. Once, after masturbating and spilling some seed on his thigh, he even gave birth from that.

    respect?
    And he trained Batman.
    He's the one for me.
    Cogito Ergo Sum likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  59. #159  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,227
    Quote Originally Posted by flick montana View Post
    forget prophets. The norse god thor threw lightning, neptune brought the wrath of the ocean, even zeus came to earth as a water fowl. Gods nowadays just don't command the same kind of respect.
    you forgot us goddesses!!!
     

  60. #160  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    i'm wrong about what ? would you please tell me ?
    Things like this:
    when the prophet said we must worship one and only one God, He expalained why, and God supported him with miracles so we can believe him...thus i'm convinced that my religion leads me to worship the right God, i compared it to other religions and i'm still convinced because i didn't find any religion describes God like my religion does
    If you used your brains to think and think deeply about it, you would see that you were mistaken.
    no i wouldn't ... everyday i read what the prophet has bring to us and everyday i'm convinced more and more.. that's about me
    How about you ? what's your way of thinking about all of that ?
    Then, clearly, you are not thinking you are just accepting what some random prohet says (and ignoring all the other prophets and non-prophets who say other things.

    You have made up your mind to believe in one particular god (even though it might be the wrong one) and then just believe anything written about her. This is a sad waste of a human brain.

    And, as others note: this is science forum. Take your beliefs elsewhere.
    pavlos and stonecutter like this.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  61. #161  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    i'm wrong about what ? would you please tell me ?
    Things like this:
    when the prophet said we must worship one and only one God, He expalained why, and God supported him with miracles so we can believe him...thus i'm convinced that my religion leads me to worship the right God, i compared it to other religions and i'm still convinced because i didn't find any religion describes God like my religion does
    If you used your brains to think and think deeply about it, you would see that you were mistaken.
    no i wouldn't ... everyday i read what the prophet has bring to us and everyday i'm convinced more and more.. that's about me
    How about you ? what's your way of thinking about all of that ?
    Then, clearly, you are not thinking you are just accepting what some random prohet says (and ignoring all the other prophets and non-prophets who say other things.

    You have made up your mind to believe in one particular god (even though it might be the wrong one) and then just believe anything written about her. This is a sad waste of a human brain.

    And, as others note: this is science forum. Take your beliefs elsewhere.
    1- if i read something and i find it convincing , then why refuse it !!??


    2- if you say i'm perfectly wrong then you should know what's right ! answer me please , go ahead !
     

  62. #162  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by incov View Post
    1- if i read something and i find it convincing , then why refuse it !!??
    Because it is irrational. And, you may not have noticed, but this is a science forum.

    It is irrational because you are arbitrarily accepting as "true" some old stories while rejecting as "false" some other old stories for no reason (other than you like them).

    2- if you say i'm perfectly wrong then you should know what's right ! answer me please , go ahead !
    Obviously, the universe is controlled by invisible pink unicorns. I know it is true "because I find it convincing".
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  63. #163  
    New Member Ibn Kathir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sidrat Al-Muntaha
    Posts
    3
    Jesus was a Prophet of God. simple as it seems
     

  64. #164  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Kathir View Post
    Jesus was a Prophet of God. simple as it seems
    Allegedly.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  65. #165  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,227
    Jesus was a Prophet or a Holy Man.

    SO was Buddah
     

  66. #166  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    1) Preach to the masses
    2) Get killed by the authorities
    3? ???
    4) Prophet!!!
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  67. #167  
    New Member Ibn Kathir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sidrat Al-Muntaha
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    SO was Buddah
    i think i should agree with you.

    nowadays some say he was a prophet then his people worshipped him, the same goes with Zoraster and Jesus.
     

  68. #168  
    New Member Ibn Kathir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Sidrat Al-Muntaha
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    1) Preach to the masses
    2) Get killed by the authorities
    3? ???
    4) Prophet!!!
    that makes more sense then saying he's a God while in their Holy book he says he is a prophet. and he wasn't killed BTW.
     

  69. #169  
    Forum Professor scoobydoo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    SO was Buddah
    I suppose you are referring to Siddhartha Gautama that many simply refer to as the buddha. No, he wasn't a prophet.

    He may be regarded as one by other religions and those who are unfamiliar with the oral traditions passed down, but the simple fact is that he was simply a man; a noteworthy man with similarly noteworthy teachings, but just a man.
     

  70. #170  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    12,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Kathir View Post
    that makes more sense then saying he's a God while in their Holy book he says he is a prophet. and he wasn't killed BTW.
    Oh yeah.
    My book of fairy stories is more correct than their book of fairy stories.
    KALSTER, pavlos and Neverfly like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  71. #171  
    Forum Masters Degree pavlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Kathir View Post
    and he wasn't killed BTW.
    The other 38 major religions, don't care, he's non-existent to them. So yours and Christianity can argue amongst yourselves.
    A logician saves the life of a tiny space alien. The alien is very grateful and, since she's omniscient, offers the following reward: she offers to answer any question the logician might pose. Without too much thought (after all, he's a logician), he asks: "What is the best question to ask and what is the correct answer to that question?" The tiny alien pauses. Finally she replies, "The best question is the one you just asked; and the correct answer is the one I gave."
     

  72. #172  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    Hanging out on a cross with a nice view of Bethlehem
    When you are not able to move your arms to defend yourself,
    Do the carrion birds come and peck at your flesh?

    .................................
    Buddha = enlightened
    see: Zarathustra
     

  73. #173  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Kathir View Post
    and he wasn't killed BTW.
    The other 38 major religions, don't care, he's non-existent to them. So yours and Christianity can argue amongst yourselves.

    38? I thought there were just 20 major religions.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  74. #174  
    Cooking Something Good MacGyver1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2,051
    Zombie thread wants brains!
    Fixin' shit that ain't broke.
     

  75. #175  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Kathir View Post
    and he wasn't killed BTW.
    The other 38 major religions, don't care, he's non-existent to them. So yours and Christianity can argue amongst yourselves.

    38? I thought there were just 20 major religions.
    I think 18 medium religions might be offended by that.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  76. #176  
    Forum Masters Degree pavlos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    liverpool
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Kathir View Post
    and he wasn't killed BTW.
    The other 38 major religions, don't care, he's non-existent to them. So yours and Christianity can argue amongst yourselves.

    38? I thought there were just 20 major religions.
    I think you may be right, however 18 or 38 it is still a substantial number of religions that don't even consider a Jesus person.

    I got the number from here World religions
    A logician saves the life of a tiny space alien. The alien is very grateful and, since she's omniscient, offers the following reward: she offers to answer any question the logician might pose. Without too much thought (after all, he's a logician), he asks: "What is the best question to ask and what is the correct answer to that question?" The tiny alien pauses. Finally she replies, "The best question is the one you just asked; and the correct answer is the one I gave."
     

  77. #177  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Kathir View Post
    and he wasn't killed BTW.
    The other 38 major religions, don't care, he's non-existent to them. So yours and Christianity can argue amongst yourselves.

    38? I thought there were just 20 major religions.
    I think you may be right, however 18 or 38 it is still a substantial number of religions that don't even consider a Jesus person.

    I got the number from here World religions

    Great, now there are even more religions that could condemn me to an unfortunate afterlife.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  78. #178  
    Time Lord zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    6,092
    If Jesus was not Son Of God, then who was He?
    He might have been the prototype for how to raise a good little bastard. Personally I would rather start life being told I was the son of God than learn later that dad was a vacuum cleaner salesman. So kudos to Mary & Joe.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
     

  79. #179  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    His brain-care specialist, Gag Halfrunt, said, "Vell, Jesus is just zis guy, you know".
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  80. #180  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Great, now there are even more religions that could condemn me to an unfortunate afterlife.
    Yes, but most, if not all of them, will be wrong. Those are good odds.
    ("How do like them apples, Blaise!")
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
     

  81. #181  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    My belief is that Jesus was the son of Joseph and through some unusual way Mary became pregnant before she had sexual intercourse.
    At the time of crucifixion Jesus tells Mary that the Beloved Disciple is Mary's son, and then that she is his mother. From that time he looked after her as was the custom of the time. So at what time did Mary give birth to John so that he could be her son as well?
    From a study of early Christian documents it is possible to build a case to say that Jesus was the firstborn of a set of twins.
     

  82. #182  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and Mainland relocated to the Bay Area.
    Posts
    13,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    My belief is that Jesus was the son of Joseph and through some unusual way Mary became pregnant before she had sexual intercourse.
    At the time of crucifixion Jesus tells Mary that the Beloved Disciple is Mary's son, and then that she is his mother. From that time he looked after her as was the custom of the time. So at what time did Mary give birth to John so that he could be her son as well?
    From a study of early Christian documents it is possible to build a case to say that Jesus was the firstborn of a set of twins.
    HOW the hell do you believe that that she didn't have sex with Joseph?....did they like almost do the dirty deed and he had a semen leak and she got pregnant...? Oh PULEASE
     

  83. #183  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3
    [/QUOTE] HOW the hell do you believe that that she didn't have sex with Joseph?....did they like almost do the dirty deed and he had a semen leak and she got pregnant...? Oh PULEASE[/QUOTE]

    did you say SEX? ewwwwwwwww


     

  84. #184  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    794
    if im not god than who im I???
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •