Notices
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Nature as God

  1. #1 Nature as God 
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Why I believe NATURE is GOD

    Nature is the ONLY creator of all life. The female being the most important
    of the pairs. The male acts as the protector, servant and decoy.
    Nature has created food for us all and it is free.
    Nature has given all creatures its clothing. Almost all pairs (female and
    male) have the same clothing.
    Nature is a liberal GOD because it made NO laws, but gave us enetic
    and biological characteristics to govern our lives.
    Nature requires no licenses to reproduce or any other licenses for that
    matter.
    Hence, no costly marriages.
    It has created the food chain as our burial sites, hence no funerals.
    It has given us our own doctors with the 'immune systems' within us.
    It requires no rituals, tithes or taxes, forced attendances and etc.
    It grants no property ownerships, patents or any other grants to create
    millionaires or billionaires.
    It has given us complete freedom with no restrictions although people do need laws to govern themselves.
    It is a merciful GOD because it does not suffer us by prolonging death and even tempers this brief interim with the endorphin pain killers.
    It allows post abortion (carnivore consumption of newborns) and the food chain in the sea and ocean life to limit population imbalances.
    Therefore, it has created all creatures as 'equals' with minor exceptions

    That exception is that the Apes are the Natural Gods 'chosen specie' because it gave them the 'greatest natural tool in creation', OUR HANDS.
    So you can thank Mrs. Chimpanzee for this great gift and because of it, we have all these material goodies that the dollar factions crave.

    Nature promotes a 'multiple god system with the following:
    The Females are the Creator Gods
    The Lion is the Weapons God
    The Gorilla is the Muscle GOD
    The Dog Pack are the Dollar gods as portrayed by the La Cosa Nostra that are the Hollywood godfathers, the Star of David portrayed as a 'hot dog', the Vatican Dogma (maybe Dracula?) and the chauvinist capitalists.

    And finally, the spiritual world that has the evil spirit and the good spirit. Believe me, they do exist and are real. However, you will notice this only with your mind.

    Socialism is about the closest political system to NATURE because it
    gives us the essential needs and freedoms and yet takes care of our lives with the necessities.


    The bible, on the other hand, is at complete opposition to Nature.

    It promotes 'creation out of nothing that the Laws of Physics refute.
    It promotes a deity that demands absolute obedience with the first three commandments. This promotes a 'one god concept'.
    The last six can be considered generic and are OK.
    It’s deity is a genocidal deity.
    It portrays sex as punishment for sin. This is nonsense. Perverse sex can be considered to be sinful. But I would hardly call that punishment. Sex is more like a drug that creates the perversions and especially crimes.
    It portrays the males as chauvinists. In our current culture, the males dominate and use the females as slaves while they consider themselves to be the masters.
    It portrays the females as the sinners and a fruit from a tree as a sin if eaten. This is a blatant falsehood. Fruit and vegetables are our proper food source because they can be eaten RAW. Only foods that can be eaten raw are sanctified by GOD.
    It promotes racism by forbidding marriages outside the Jewish cult.

    This book does not represent truth.

    NS


    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    959
    First of all, wtf is nature?
    Secondly, 'nature is God' is a complete paradox.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Why I believe NATURE is GOD

    Nature
    is the ONLY creator of all life.
    And the ambiguity begins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The female being the most important
    of the pairs.
    I wonder why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The male acts as the protector, servant and decoy.
    How stereotypical. Do you know much about Biology?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Nature has created food for us all and it is free.
    'Nature' has created nothing. 'Nature' just is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Nature has given all creatures its clothing.
    Again, 'nature' has 'given' nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Almost all pairs (female and
    male) have the same clothing.
    What about naked mole rats? Apparently this 'nature God' has forgotten about them...how cruel!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Nature is a liberal GOD because it made NO laws, but gave us enetic
    and biological characteristics to govern our lives.
    I can name several laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Nature requires no licenses to reproduce or any other licenses for that
    matter.
    Quite true, but I ask again, "who is nature"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Hence, no costly marriages.
    Apparently you aren't aware that marriages aren't made for us to reproduce; hence, gays seek to get married also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It has created the food chain as our burial sites, hence no funerals.
    So you and your God oppose funerals...I must say, that's kind of disgusting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It has given us our own doctors with the 'immune systems' within us.
    Apparently these doctors fail, and we have to go to doctors who actually have a degree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It requires no rituals, tithes or taxes, forced attendances and etc.
    This is great...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It grants no property ownerships, patents or any other grants to create
    millionaires or billionaires.
    Are you and your God in opposition to society, as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It has given us complete freedom with no restrictions although people do need laws to govern themselves.
    Complete freedom...sounds like chaos to me. So your God is one of chaos?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It is a merciful GOD because it does not suffer us by prolonging death and even tempers this brief interim with the endorphin pain killers.
    O really? How about you stepping into a house filled with aggressive African bees and see how 'merciful' this 'nature God' is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It allows post abortion (carnivore consumption of newborns)
    That's disgusting...so you promote eating babies, do you? Perhaps you should start your own 'nature tribe' on some desolate island?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    and the food chain in the sea and ocean life to limit population imbalances.
    Therefore, it has created all creatures as 'equals' with minor exceptions
    non-sequitur.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    That exception is that the Apes are the Natural Gods 'chosen specie' because it gave them the 'greatest natural tool in creation', OUR HANDS.
    No, my friend, we are the 'chosen specie'. Thus, we have way more advanced brains than apes. I know more about your religion than you do...how pathetic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    So you can thank Mrs. Chimpanzee for this great gift and because of it, we have all these material goodies that the dollar factions crave.
    No...I can thank either random chance or a metaphysical God.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Nature promotes a 'multiple god system with the following:
    The Females are the Creator Gods
    Are they now? Stereotyping again, are we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The Lion is the Weapons God
    I wonder why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The Gorilla is the Muscle GOD
    Again, I wonder why.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The Dog Pack are the Dollar gods as portrayed by the La Cosa Nostra that are the Hollywood godfathers, the Star of David portrayed as a 'hot dog', the Vatican Dogma (maybe Dracula?) and the chauvinist capitalists.
    Interesting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    And finally, the spiritual world that has the evil spirit and the good spirit. Believe me, they do exist and are real. However, you will notice this only with your mind.
    Wait...what? Explain, please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Socialism is about the closest political system to NATURE because it
    gives us the essential needs and freedoms and yet takes care of our lives with the necessities.
    And so the key question has been answered!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The bible, on the other hand, is at complete opposition to Nature.
    Democracy as opposed to socialism?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It promotes 'creation out of nothing that the Laws of Physics refute.
    O, rly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It promotes a deity that demands absolute obedience with the first three commandments.
    Just as most parents demand absolute obedience...I don't see what's so bad with demanding absolute obedience. Even nature demands absolute obedience. First commandment to living beings in nature: you must eat, or you die. Obey nature, or die.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    This promotes a 'one god concept'.
    Oh, so you're polytheistic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The last six can be considered generic and are OK.
    What?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It’s deity is a genocidal deity.
    Nature has put so many species into extinction, it isn't funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It portrays sex as punishment for sin.
    I continue to marvel at your ignorance of the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    This is nonsense.
    Exactly...which is why it isn't in the Bible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Perverse sex can be considered to be sinful. But I would hardly call that punishment.
    I agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Sex is more like a drug that creates the perversions and especially crimes.
    I disagree. Sex is no different than a gun. A gun doesn't cause crimes, the person wielding the gun does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It portrays the males as chauvinists.
    O rly? I suggest you discuss this with some church officials so they can point you to the right verse...I don't really remember the verses myself, but I remember the ideas presented in them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    In our current culture, the males dominate and use the females as slaves while they consider themselves to be the masters.
    Welcome to the future. Please leave past ideas behind you, and wipe your foot of misconceptions before you step inside.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It portrays the females as the sinners and a fruit from a tree as a sin if eaten.
    Again, women are not the only ones portrayed as sinners: everyone is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    This is a blatant falsehood. Fruit and vegetables are our proper food source because they can be eaten RAW. Only foods that can be eaten raw are sanctified by GOD.
    Don't start this 'we're herbivores' crap again. We're omnivores we were made to eat meat and plants. You don't think those canines are there for nothing, do you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It promotes racism by forbidding marriages outside the Jewish cult.
    So we're jumping to Jews now, are we?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    This book does not represent truth.
    Nothing represents the truth.

    In summary,
    You're a socialist who advocates eating babies, and who believes that in our current culture men dominate women, and who believes that women are creators and men are protectors, and who believes that the lion is the God of weapons, and who believes that nature is a being. You are against funerals, and believe that the sole purpose of marriage is reproduction. You believe "grant[ing] property ownerships, patents or any other grants" is a bad thing. Further, you believe that a metaphysical God grants these patents, etc. You believe that the Christian Bible states that sex is a form of punishment, and you believe that Jews are racist.

    Now tell me, why would I want to follow your religion?


    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    if you take the concept of god as having created the universe, he must exist outside the universe - hence couldn't equate to nature, which is part of the universe
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: Nature as God 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It has given us complete freedom with no restrictions although people do need laws to govern themselves.
    It is a merciful GOD because it does not suffer us by prolonging death and even tempers this brief interim with the endorphin pain killers.
    It allows post abortion (carnivore consumption of newborns) and the food chain in the sea and ocean life to limit population imbalances.
    Therefore, it has created all creatures as 'equals' with minor exceptions
    Oh it has laws all right, with rather unforgiving and harsh punishments consisting of death and excrutiating pain. It tortures the innocent without a shred of mercy with disease. And on top of that, it arbitrarily goes and kills large numbers of people for no reason at all with tidal waves, earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    That exception is that the Apes are the Natural Gods 'chosen specie' because it gave them the 'greatest natural tool in creation', OUR HANDS.
    So you can thank Mrs. Chimpanzee for this great gift and because of it, we have all these material goodies that the dollar factions crave.
    Are you sure that the primates are not one of capricious plagues by which you god of Nature exterminates whole species and devastates entire ecosystems for no reason at all? Or by chosen do you mean the instrument of God's whimsical wrath?



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    And finally, the spiritual world that has the evil spirit and the good spirit. Believe me, they do exist and are real. However, you will notice this only with your mind.
    Interesting and what is its purpose? Is this to enable your God to continue his delight in the torment of the innocent for an eternity or what?



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Socialism is about the closest political system to NATURE because it
    gives us the essential needs and freedoms and yet takes care of our lives with the necessities.
    Where in the world have you come up with that nonsense? It is capitalism that is closest to nature in its operation according to the principles of competition and the survival of the fittest. Socialism smells of the unatural operation of compassion which breeds weakness and the tolerance of mediocrity. LOL



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    The bible, on the other hand, is at complete opposition to Nature.

    It promotes 'creation out of nothing that the Laws of Physics refute.
    Really? I wonder where you got that idea. Creation ex-nihilo is not in the bible but is a doctrine added on to the Bible by men. And the theory of beginning of the universe in physics is the big bang from which all of matter, energy, space and time orgininated in a singular event - that sounds like creation ex-nihilo to me.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It promotes a deity that demands absolute obedience with the first three commandments. This promotes a 'one god concept'.
    The last six can be considered generic and are OK.
    It’s deity is a genocidal deity.
    Yes whereas Nature is a compasion and loving one... preposterous. Nature does not stop at wiping out mere races, instead it exterminates whole groups of species, and not for any punitive reason, but for no reason at all. Oh yes, that sound much better!


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It portrays sex as punishment for sin. This is nonsense. Perverse sex can be considered to be sinful. But I would hardly call that punishment. Sex is more like a drug that creates the perversions and especially crimes.
    Well that is one of the most bizzare interpretations of scripture that I have heard of in a long time. I would guess that there are wackos of every religious and philosophical persuation with such bizzarre ideas.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It portrays the males as chauvinists. In our current culture, the males dominate and use the females as slaves while they consider themselves to be the masters.
    Since this has been just as true (if not more so) in cultures which never heard of the Bible, you argument falls to pieces. It is just an accident of course, that the women's liberation movement first arose in a Christian culture.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It portrays the females as the sinners and a fruit from a tree as a sin if eaten. This is a blatant falsehood. Fruit and vegetables are our proper food source because they can be eaten RAW. Only foods that can be eaten raw are sanctified by GOD.
    Weirder and weirder..... The evils of cooking? hmm.... I guess I am just an unrepentant sinner. Although I do prefer raw sunflower seeds...

    I never heard of any "tree of life" or "tree of knowledge of good and evil" in any garden. These name have always been highly suggestive to me of something quite symbolic.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    It promotes racism by forbidding marriages outside the Jewish cult.
    And nature does not? Hmmm... I guess we need some biological studies of animal groups... but I suspect that animal groups generally do not allow "intermarriage" between groups, so I think this may be a vestigal influence of the law of Nature that we have only now begun to reject. In nature, isn't it usually the dominant male who gets all the females, for his own private harem?



    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    This book does not represent truth.
    I cannot say that I think very much of YOUR alternative.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    if you take the concept of god as having created the universe, he must exist outside the universe - hence couldn't equate to nature, which is part of the universe
    therefore it is commonly seen that nature is described as being contingent on god
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    To All

    Since there is so much comment about this article, I will post an added clarification of my concept of GOD tomorrow. Thank you.

    I will also post the 'Origin of Religion' soon.

    NS

    .
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Since there is so much comment about this article, I will post an added clarification of my concept of GOD tomorrow. Thank you.
    I don't think we need clarification. Your views are very clear. It's just that, so far, no one agrees with you. Restating those views will not persuade anyone.

    Your initial statement Nature is God is one that would resonate with many people. Such a pantheistic view matches what Einstein likely meant when he said God does not play dice. I am not saying the view is a correct one, merely that is one that sits comfortably with many people. (And probably a high proportion of scientists.)

    However, your statements offered as proof/evidence for your contention are repeatedly and seriously flawed. I could find none of those statements that could be said to even approach the truth.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    reminds me of the following "proof" of god's existence i picked up from the godless geeks website

    73. ARGUMENT FROM EXHAUSTION (abridged)
    (1) Do you agree with the utterly trivial proposition X?
    (2) Atheist: of course.
    (3) How about the slightly modified proposition X'?
    (4) Atheist: Um, no, not really.
    (5) Good. Since we agree, how about Y? Is that true?
    (6) Atheist: No! And I didn't agree with X'!
    (7) With the truths of these clearly established, surely you agree that Z is true as well?
    (8 ) Atheist: No. So far I have only agreed with X! Where is this going, anyway?
    (9) I'm glad we all agree.....
    ....
    (37) So now we have used propositions X, X', Y, Y', Z, Z', P, P', Q and Q' to arrive at the obviously valid point R. Agreed?
    (38 ) Atheist: Like I said, so far I've only agreed with X. Where is this going?
    ....
    (81) So we now conclude from this that propositions L'', L''' and J'' are true. Agreed?
    (82) I HAVEN'T AGREED WITH ANYTHING YOU'VE SAID SINCE X! WHERE IS THIS GOING?
    ....
    (177) ...and it follows that proposition HRV, SHQ'' and BTU' are all obviously valid. Agreed?
    (178 ) [Atheist either faints from overwork or leaves in disgust.]
    (179) Therefore, God exists.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by theist
    non-sequitur.
    Whay does that mean?
    My dictionary does have it in 'foreign words and phrases'.

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    non sequitur - latin for "does not follow"

    a commonly used term in logic when a conclusion is drawn which does not logically follow from the premises
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11 Re: Nature as God 
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Oh it has laws all right, with rather unforgiving and harsh punishments consisting of death and excrutiating pain. It tortures the innocent without a shred of mercy with disease. And on top of that, it arbitrarily goes and kills large numbers of people for no reason at all with tidal waves, earthquakes, hurricanes and tornadoes.
    Natural diseases are humane. Just a fever developes to destroy the disease. You either survive the fever or die. This is humane.
    The physical disasters are the work of the 'evil spirit'.

    Are you sure that the primates are not one of capricious plagues by which you god of Nature exterminates whole species and devastates entire ecosystems for no reason at all? Or by chosen do you mean the instrument of God's whimsical wrath?
    you mean like Joe Stalin derived from the bible? Or the population explosions promoted by the popes and the bible?

    Interesting and what is its purpose? Is this to enable your God to continue his delight in the torment of the innocent for an eternity or what?
    The popes and Islam have provided you with the pupose.

    Where in the world have you come up with that nonsense? It is capitalism that is closest to nature in its operation according to the principles of competition and the survival of the fittest. Socialism smells of the unatural operation of compassion which breeds weakness and the tolerance of mediocrity. LOL
    Nature did not create the billionaires or multi-millionares. Government that has created the monopolies as crutches and the corporate corruptions has done that.

    Really? I wonder where you got that idea. Creation ex-nihilo is not in the bible but is a doctrine added on to the Bible by men. And the theory of beginning of the universe in physics is the big bang from which all of matter, energy, space and time orgininated in a singular event - that sounds like creation ex-nihilo to me.
    Yes, the BBU is creation ex-nihilo and the bible is the originator in the Book of Genesis.

    Yes whereas Nature is a compasion and loving one... preposterous. Nature does not stop at wiping out mere races, instead it exterminates whole groups of species, and not for any punitive reason, but for no reason at all. Oh yes, that sound much better!
    Nature created the food chain to eliminate the worst most sickening odor there is with the 'rotting flesh' that is worst than cat crap or dog dung.

    Well that is one of the most bizzare interpretations of scripture that I have heard of in a long time. I would guess that there are wackos of every religious and philosophical persuation with such bizzarre ideas.
    Did not yahweh say 'for eating the forbidden fruit, you shall toil in the fields' and the women, of course, have to suffer the pains of birthing?
    Do you see the capitalists suffering?

    Since this has been just as true (if not more so) in cultures which never heard of the Bible, you argument falls to pieces. It is just an accident of course, that the women's liberation movement first arose in a Christian culture.
    Our Constitution has more to do with promoting equality with its added Amandments.


    Weirder and weirder..... The evils of cooking? hmm.... I guess I am just an unrepentant sinner. Although I do prefer raw sunflower seeds...
    I never heard of any "tree of life" or "tree of knowledge of good and evil" in any garden. These name have always been highly suggestive to me of something quite symbolic.
    I will admit that some foods HAVE to be cooked. Raw meat, I suppose, is unsafe and not that tasty?
    On the other hand, raw salads can have their taste enhanced with the dressings.

    And nature does not? Hmmm... I guess we need some biological studies of animal groups... but I suspect that animal groups generally do not allow "intermarriage" between groups, so I think this may be a vestigal influence of the law of Nature that we have only now begun to reject. In nature, isn't it usually the dominant male who gets all the females, for his own private harem?
    Amongst humans, there is only one race that was separated by continental divides. So there is no discrimination here that creates a 'cult'.

    I cannot say that I think very much of YOUR alternative.
    Well yes, the biblical followers are commited to believe in the fantasy that the bible teaches in the early years.

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    A Clarification of my article above.

    This applies to the 'living' or biological Nature only.
    It does NOT apply to the physical Universe.
    The living universe can 'replicate'. The physical universe CANNot replicate.
    The Laws of Conservation of Matter and Energy (physics, LoP) imply that.
    So the LoP do not apply to the living lifeforms.

    As far as our human lives are conserned, we EVOLVED from the Chimpanzees.
    So quoting the behavior of other animals in reference to us is not validated.

    So, we can say that Nature is our greatest teacher, inventor and artist.

    So, as humans with GODs greatest given gift (our hands), we copy the other living
    creature inventions like river dams (beavers), bird flight (airplanes), fish (subnarines), turtles (tanks), sonar (dolphins and bats) plus some others.
    And art? The colorful birds, fish and Natural scenery is certainly the greatest IMO.
    This makes Nature our greatest teacher.

    So we do NOT need the bible, the Torah, the Koran or the popes Dogma to tell us what to do because the animals do not need them.

    But because we are the most savage and sadistic chauvinist creatures on the planet, we do need laws to protect ourselves from ourselves and the chauvinists.

    On the other hand, the biblical one god concept, teaches genocide (J. Stalin, Mao Tse Tung?)), Hitlers karmic reaction to the Stalin atrocities, the popes genocides of indoctrination and the current Islamic terrorist genocides.
    Chauvinism that implies slavery and the others mentioned in the article above.

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13 Re: Nature as God 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Well yes, the biblical followers are commited to believe in the fantasy that the bible teaches in the early years.
    Ah... so you are a participant in this delusion that all Christians were brainwashed as children. LOL My parents are not and never have been Christian. A religion's real strength comes from its converts. Religion means nothing unless it comes as a result of your own quest for truth.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    non sequitur - latin for "does not follow"

    a commonly used term in logic when a conclusion is drawn which does not logically follow from the premises
    Thanks.

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    A Clarification of my article above.

    This applies to the 'living' or biological Nature only.
    It does NOT apply to the physical Universe.
    The living universe can 'replicate'. The physical universe CANNot replicate.
    The Laws of Conservation of Matter and Energy (physics, LoP) imply that.
    So the LoP do not apply to the living lifeforms.
    This makes no sense, and only has me more confused.

    What confuses me even more is your apparent contradiction:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    ...quoting the behavior of other animals in reference to us is not validated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    So we do NOT need the bible, the Torah, the Koran or the popes Dogma to tell us what to do because the animals do not need them.
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16 Re: Nature as God 
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Well yes, the biblical followers are commited to believe in the fantasy that the bible teaches in the early years.
    Ah... so you are a participant in this delusion that all Christians were brainwashed as children. LOL My parents are not and never have been Christian. A religion's real strength comes from its converts. Religion means nothing unless it comes as a result of your own quest for truth.
    Religions today are powerfyl because they practice 'genocide. This is true of Islam and the popes Christianity. Joseph Stalin practiced it too.

    The Christian faction is divided into two. The popes christianity that promotes the crucifixion and Christ as a sacrificial lamb for the sins of humanity.
    That is why they all preach 'moral' reform.

    Then their is the other faction that sees Christ as a preacher/reformer.
    However, Christ was not preaching moral reform but preaching against chauvinism that the Jewish power faction was practicing.
    They felt threatened, so they urged POntius PilatE (condemsed to pope) to kill christ.
    So the real reason Christ was killed was because of 'free speech'.

    Our US Constitution endorses the latter view that I support because it outlaws 'cruel and unusual punishment' and allows 'free speech'.

    So the popes version of Christianity is outlawed.

    However, the popes still have a lot of 'spiritual' power and resulting followers to remain dominant. The 'gun and the cannon' that was invented by the Romans also gave them a lot of power.
    As a matter of fact, it helped them spread their Christianity all over the world. No Gospel here.

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17 Re: Nature as God 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Religions today are powerfyl because they practice 'genocide. This is true of Islam and the popes Christianity. Joseph Stalin practiced it too.

    The Christian faction is divided into two. The popes christianity that promotes the crucifixion and Christ as a sacrificial lamb for the sins of humanity.
    That is why they all preach 'moral' reform.

    Then their is the other faction that sees Christ as a preacher/reformer.
    However, Christ was not preaching moral reform but preaching against chauvinism that the Jewish power faction was practicing.
    They felt threatened, so they urged POntius PilatE (condemsed to pope) to kill christ.
    So the real reason Christ was killed was because of 'free speech'.

    Our US Constitution endorses the latter view that I support because it outlaws 'cruel and unusual punishment' and allows 'free speech'.

    So the popes version of Christianity is outlawed.

    However, the popes still have a lot of 'spiritual' power and resulting followers to remain dominant. The 'gun and the cannon' that was invented by the Romans also gave them a lot of power.
    As a matter of fact, it helped them spread their Christianity all over the world. No Gospel here.
    I see, so you feel left out. You want some of this power for yourself. Well if your theory is correct, then you are well on the way to creating your own persoal religion of power based on the hatred of people who are different from you. I would say good luck with that, based on my guess that your success is extremely unlikey except for 2 things. The first is that Marx also started what was essentially a religion based on hatred and it was quite effective at gathering a substantial amount of power for a while. The second is that wishing you good luck in your endeavor would be rather disingenuous, for to be honest I really hope that you would fail in converting people to such a religion of hatred, and that you yourself will learn to appreciate people different than yourself and understand them better.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18 Re: Nature as God 
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Detroit Metropolitan area
    Posts
    565
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell
    I see, so you feel left out. You want some of this power for yourself. Well if your theory is correct, then you are well on the way to creating your own persoal religion of power based on the hatred of people who are different from you. I would say good luck with that, based on my guess that your success is extremely unlikey except for 2 things. The first is that Marx also started what was essentially a religion based on hatred and it was quite effective at gathering a substantial amount of power for a while. The second is that wishing you good luck in your endeavor would be rather disingenuous, for to be honest I really hope that you would fail in converting people to such a religion of hatred, and that you yourself will learn to appreciate people different than yourself and understand them better.
    Well. if you consider endorsing Christ as a man that was crucified for 'free speech' as hatred, then you are right because it was the chauvinist Jews that caused it.

    Our US Constitution's endorsement of Christ is to show respect for him as a representative of the poor, sick and the lower elements of our society.
    Our revolutionaries have taken that advice and established a representative government.
    So you call that hatred?

    If you interpret that as hatred for the chauvinists like kings, dictators and similar individuals like the capitalists and I could include the criminals as well because they are 'self serving' like those mentioned previously, then yes, that is hatred for the proper individuals in society.

    NS
    Real science is objective, not subjective
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19 Re: Nature as God 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    Well. if you consider endorsing Christ as a man that was crucified for 'free speech' as hatred, then you are right because it was the chauvinist Jews that caused it.

    Our US Constitution's endorsement of Christ is to show respect for him as a representative of the poor, sick and the lower elements of our society.
    Our revolutionaries have taken that advice and established a representative government.
    So you call that hatred?
    Ah I see so you are not creating a new religion of hatred but are merely a die hard of an old one, trying to give it an new image by candy coating it with the word "nature" and hiding (rather unsuccessfully) behind other issues. How droll and regressive!


    Quote Originally Posted by Mike NS
    If you interpret that as hatred for the chauvinists like kings, dictators and similar individuals like the capitalists and I could include the criminals as well because they are 'self serving' like those mentioned previously, then yes, that is hatred for the proper individuals in society.
    It is typical of religions and ideologies of hatred that they call the people different from themselves all sorts of devaluating names like vermin and criminals in order to justify their hatred and justify their own inhumane and criminal behavior against them. How boringly predictable.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •