Notices
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: apostates of islam

  1. #1 apostates of islam 
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    wow ! these dudes are brave, or they have a death wish :

    Apostates of Islam


    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: apostates of islam 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    wow ! these dudes are brave, or they have a death wish :

    Apostates of Islam
    They may have trouble buying life insurance.

    You think these guys are on the level and not a bunch of Judeo-Christian college kids trying to move Revelations ahead of schedule?

    Unless its meant to be humorous.

    I want to see those guys take a walk down Main Street Baghdad, you know, holding placards and signs with their message out there for all to see.


    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: apostates of islam 
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    959
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos

    You think these guys are on the level and not a bunch of Judeo-Christian college kids trying to move Revelations ahead of schedule?
    What we believe:

    Some of us have embraced other religions but most of us have simply left Islam without believing in any other religion. We believe in humanity. We believe that humans do not need to follow a religion to be good. All we need to follow is the Golden Rule. All we have to do is to treat others they way we expect to be treated. This is the essence of all the goodness. All good religious teachings stem from this eternal principle. This is the ultimate guidance humanity need. This is the Golden Rule.
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: apostates of islam 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by scientstphilosophertheist
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos

    You think these guys are on the level and not a bunch of Judeo-Christian college kids trying to move Revelations ahead of schedule?
    What we believe:

    Some of us have embraced other religions but most of us have simply left Islam without believing in any other religion. We believe in humanity. We believe that humans do not need to follow a religion to be good. All we need to follow is the Golden Rule. All we have to do is to treat others they way we expect to be treated. This is the essence of all the goodness. All good religious teachings stem from this eternal principle. This is the ultimate guidance humanity need. This is the Golden Rule.
    Ok, ok.....they could also be atheists.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: apostates of islam 
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    wow ! these dudes are brave, or they have a death wish
    Why Quran is not from God:

    Muhammad produced no miracles and when pressed he claimed that his miracle is the Quran. Yet a cursory look at the Quran reveals that this book is full of errors. Quran is replete with scientific heresies, historic blunders, mathematical mistakes, logical absurdities, grammatical errors and ethical fallacies. It is badly compiled and it contradicts itself. There is nothing intelligent in this book let alone miraculous. Muhammad challenged people to produce a “Surah like it” or find an error therein, yet Muslims would kill anyone who dares to criticize it. In such a climate of hypocrisy and violence truth is the first casualty.
    They said that he brought no miracles. But the fact is that they dont Know the fact. Quran itself is a big miracle. If you are true by saying that it is not a miracle than why dont you make a Surah like that in Quran. Or find out some contradictions in Quran.
    Surely you cannot, Fear the hell fire which will be full of disbelievers and stones.
    God is one and only.

    God knows the best.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: apostates of islam 
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Unless its meant to be humorous.
    no i'm sure this is dead serious

    also have a look at 'Meet the apostates' link on the left - there's a whole variety under 'current belief'
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: apostates of islam 
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    wow ! these dudes are brave, or they have a death wish
    Why Quran is not from God:

    Muhammad produced no miracles and when pressed he claimed that his miracle is the Quran. Yet a cursory look at the Quran reveals that this book is full of errors. Quran is replete with scientific heresies, historic blunders, mathematical mistakes, logical absurdities, grammatical errors and ethical fallacies. It is badly compiled and it contradicts itself. There is nothing intelligent in this book let alone miraculous. Muhammad challenged people to produce a “Surah like it” or find an error therein, yet Muslims would kill anyone who dares to criticize it. In such a climate of hypocrisy and violence truth is the first casualty.
    They said that he brought no miracles. But the fact is that they dont Know the fact. Quran itself is a big miracle. If you are true by saying that it is not a miracle than why dont you make a Surah like that in Quran. Or find out some contradictions in Quran.
    Surely you cannot, Fear the hell fire which will be full of disbelievers and stones.
    the koran isn't a miracle, its just another fictional book for the gullable to waste their lives with

    hmm contraditions you say

    http://www.answering-islam.de/Main/Q...ntra/#internal

    but im sure you'll come back and say that theres errors in the translation [/quote]
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    the trouble with holy text such as the quran and the bible is that they've been written by different people at different times and often quite some time after the events - not surprising that there are contradictions in them, which leaves anyone who feels like it to cherry-pick their way through the bits that they like

    it's a well-known fact that for every quote to prove one argument another can be found to counter it
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR

    it's a well-known fact that for every quote to prove one argument another can be found to counter it
    ah the wonders of google
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    bible-google ?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •