Notices

View Poll Results: Either religion is neither correct or incorrect. God is within all of them and simply believing in

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • true

    1 11.11%
  • false

    5 55.56%
  • not sure

    3 33.33%
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: What makes your religion infallible?

  1. #1 What makes your religion infallible? 
    Forum Sophomore Nanobrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    150
    I am simply trying to find 'who' God is. As some may know, my faith in a god has grown recently. But, I cannot profess any religion, due to fallacy that I seem find within them. Therefore, I wish for anyone to convince me that your religion infallibly describes God's personality. I simply and sincerely just want to know who He is. Maybe I will never know, since I look for only absolutes in life. Absolutes seem to be the only good foundation an individual can have.

    However, what makes your God the true God?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    here's the god of the christians, as described by George Carlin :

    "Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these 10 things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time... but he loves you."


    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Sophomore Nanobrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time... but he loves you.
    I agree...that doesn't make a bit of sense.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: What makes your religion infallible? 
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanobrain
    I am simply trying to find 'who' God is. As some may know, my faith in a god has grown recently. But, I cannot profess any religion, due to fallacy that I seem find within them. Therefore, I wish for anyone to convince me that your religion infallibly describes God's personality. I simply and sincerely just want to know who He is. Maybe I will never know, since I look for only absolutes in life. Absolutes seem to be the only good foundation an individual can have.

    However, what makes your God the true God?
    Actually you want to know who is god???

    First you seem the smartest person here beacuse your faith in god has grown recently..This means that god loves you as he gives you that feeling to reach him. I really congratulate you. This is your first step.

    Second: Do you know how big is this universe????
    Do you know that there are some ignorants in India is worshibing cows??!!!!

    christians are doing the same thing they are worshiping Jesus although he is just a human like all prophets..

    OK how big is this universe????
    This universe is amazing too too big..our planet is smaller than a grain of sand in the universe..what we see is just a small area.....The real universe is bigger than what we see..

    The question here how is The creator of this universe????
    It is really something unimaginable.

    Ok imagine that human developed one day a smart car without eyes (cameras) to see but it have a smart electronic brain like humans.

    One day this car asked herself how are humans who invented me look like??
    If she was foolish, she would say " Humans must walk with wheels like me..They have a strong flash lights..They are blind" :-D :-D :-D

    Alas some humans imagine that The god is like us..but this is impossible...

    Don't ask yourself this question now..We have small brains to think about that now.We are too small in this universe.Logic says that and Islam said that 1400 years ago.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    would you kindly stick to your thread instead of spreading the same rantings all over the place - what you're doing amounts to spamming

    i'm sure nanobrain did not want another dose of your type of drivel when he started this thread !
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Sophomore Nanobrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    150
    profahmfaw,

    I am sorry, but this is not good evidence of your religion's truth. I am not sure at this point what good evidence is to me, but plan to weigh this out as it comes. Anyhow, MarnixR is right. I will speak to you about your embracement of Islam in your thread...when I ever decide to rejoin the discussion loop that it is already on. Your input is ultimately appreciated though.

    So, there are several individuals in these forums, I believe, that embrace some kind of religion. Speak up please. I am quite desperate to know who our God really is. I also know, that if He does not exist, I will never know who He is. But, according to the (what I believe to be a) confirmed prophecy towards me(recieved 3 to 4 years back), I will know, I believe without a doubt someday. This is just a small step in that direction. So, please hold your beliefs up to me. You should have no reason not too, if you really believe what you profess. Thank you all.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: What makes your religion infallible? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanobrain
    I am simply trying to find 'who' God is. As some may know, my faith in a god has grown recently. But, I cannot profess any religion, due to fallacy that I seem find within them. Therefore, I wish for anyone to convince me that your religion infallibly describes God's personality. I simply and sincerely just want to know who He is. Maybe I will never know, since I look for only absolutes in life. Absolutes seem to be the only good foundation an individual can have.

    However, what makes your God the true God?
    to understand god you also have to understand his potencies - this offers an indication how one can understand why there are many different religions in the world

    here's an analogy

    trees exist as an objective phenomena, yet you see that there are many different cultural representations of trees (eg japanese art, indian art, european art, etc) - by looking ta them all one can determine similarities of 'treeness' .... yet one could argue that the photograph of the tree captures it in all it likeness

    so in other words the absolute religion is that one that aims at 'capturing' god in his most absolute form - so there are some qualities of god that are secondary

    here is a scriptural link that talks about the similarities and distinctions between the qualities of god and the living entity, and also the distinctions between the qualities of godhead and the supreme personality of god head
    http://nectarofdevotion.com/21/en
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    I believe in something slightly less defined than a god, but there could be a god in there somewhere.

    I think somewhere out there, there's a society that represents the pinacle of evolution. All imaginable technology, all the most advanced aspects of a social order anyone could ever dream of. A society where every member could own a nuke, and nobody would ever set one off.

    I suppose if God exists, then he is their leader.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Sophomore Nanobrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    150
    punarmusiko,

    I believe that I am heading somewhat in the direction of trying to realize the absolute form of God, and discarding the splits of religion. Of course, I am sure I will only achieve this if He truly abounds. Do you have an idea, at all, about His most sincere form? Or, are you just laying out some speculation for me to ponder? Thanks for your response.

    Kojax,

    So, God would then be the leader of an advanced civilization elsewhere, who has formed our civilization? I am not entirely sure if I have interpreted this correctly. But, who is this 'evolved' god's God? Thanks for your time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    934
    I know nano this is not what you ask for and i should state that i have no god or religion, but in my humble opinion god is mearly an illusion just the same as love, and just like love i think it is all in the eye of the beholder. Perhaps if a person spent their whole life living in a box they may come to their own unshakable view of what or who god is. Perhaps thats why so many religious figures of the past spent so much time in isolation and then declared 'i have spoken with the one true god'.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Sophomore Nanobrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    150
    Cat1981(England),

    I have no doubt that it is possible that all of this could just be in my head. An illusion so tricky and mystifying, as to make me think that there may be something else in control. I know that the mind can tend to percieve things a way that they are not. I worry everyday that I may be in that category. However, it has taken a couple of quite freakly occurences, and I have began to think. These two completely unusual(and wholly 'impossible') circumstances have made me, a before very strongly self-proclaimed athiest, to give God(if sobe He exists) a second thought.

    I only wish these thoughts to have never risen in my mind. They drive me crazy, because I do not agree with any religion, as of now. Therefore, I awake everyday not knowing who He may be. And at that, if He is even truly there.

    Anyhow, I appreciate your input. And, do not think that I disagree with you completely. What you have said does not sieze to cross my mind every day. I am trying to look at it from both perspectives always. Eventually, one will take over the other. If God is real, and decides to show Himself. Or, I eventually give up, or God is wholly disproved. I will not give up for quite a time. So, if I get to that point. Then, either God does not care for me, or He truly is not there.

    Thanks for your words.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    934
    If you believe in a god nano then as far as you are concerned there is a god, nothing i or anyone else could say will change that, regardless of whether you have a religion or not. I just think from reading your posts that Insert mystical accent the answer lies within.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanobrain
    punarmusiko,

    I believe that I am heading somewhat in the direction of trying to realize the absolute form of God, and discarding the splits of religion. Of course, I am sure I will only achieve this if He truly abounds. Do you have an idea, at all, about His most sincere form? Or, are you just laying out some speculation for me to ponder? Thanks for your response.
    if you want to know about the absolute form of god you have to distinguish between his primary and secondary qualities - that is why the link I gave talks about the 64 qualities of god, distinguishing between those characteristics god shares with living entities, those characteristics he shares with his separated expansions, those characteristics he shares with his plenary expansions and those qualities that are unique to the absolute form of god
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Sophomore Nanobrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    150
    I know this is rather quick to do and maybe idiotic of me. But, I think I am going to end my posting on this subject. I have just realized, which I should have before beginning this post, that I will probably never be willing to accept anyone's views on who God is. I do not think that it is arrogance, because I truly cannot come to a conclusion, and I have nothing I am trying to back up.

    I believe that the only way I will ever know for sure who He is, or if He exists, is for Him to show me Himself...coldblooded. I am so sorry for wasting everyone's time here. It is foolish of me. But, we are all able to be fools from time to time. Since, we are not gods, as far as I am concerned.

    So, I will continue this path alone until I get tired of waiting on God, or He shows up, or I die, or the End Times takes place, or He is proved as simply imaginative. Which ever one comes first. Thanks everyone for your time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15 Re: What makes your religion infallible? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanobrain
    I am simply trying to find 'who' God is. As some may know, my faith in a god has grown recently. But, I cannot profess any religion, due to fallacy that I seem find within them. Therefore, I wish for anyone to convince me that your religion infallibly describes God's personality. I simply and sincerely just want to know who He is. Maybe I will never know, since I look for only absolutes in life. Absolutes seem to be the only good foundation an individual can have.

    However, what makes your God the true God?

    I have had a great fortune... to know God with dreams!...
    I was studying engeneer and I can say to you that God is an humanist...
    I can do what I want, I can be a scientist..., I can be a playboy, I can be what I want If I am in favour of God laws...
    I have dreammed the light as a mass after having known God with dreams, the light has bounced like an elastic ball on a particular material...
    God said... to me He is the science...
    Some christian religions are in error when they are against science or humanists...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16 Re: What makes your religion infallible? 
    Forum Ph.D. Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanobrain
    I am simply trying to find 'who' God is. ...I cannot profess any religion, due to fallacy that I seem find within them. ...However, what makes your God the true God?
    Nanobrain, the concept of religion implies the use of human-based subjectivity and understanding. Therefore it is difficult to impossible to claim what is actually true, verse just sensible or outright wrong.

    We all have our own interpretations.

    In short, I think you'll find that God is whoever and whatever you want him to be.

    Me, for example, I take my faith with a lot of salt, and very casually. If God is not my personal friend, then he is not worth being my God. I believe that my actions in life, and my morals and ethics, gain or lose favor with God. Reading prayers and doing jigs is superficial.

    On the other side of things, there are those who ardently believe that whatever it says in the text, MUST be what is done. If it says that God will only love you if you sing songs on Sunday at church, some people believe that if you don't, then God can't possibly be happy with you.

    I find that logic hard to deal with. We've got brains and the mental tools to examine and theorize. If you believe in God, then you could say that such abilities of reason are gifts from God that we are intended to use.

    Trying to gain a firmer grounding on your faith does not make you less faithful.

    Personally I've found from experiences with others that those who question their faith, tend to be a heck of a lot more faithful in the end, than those who blindly follow religion believing they have faith because of it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17 Re: What makes your religion infallible? 
    Forum Bachelors Degree charles brough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    joplin MO USA
    Posts
    425
    [quote="Nanobrain"]I am simply trying to find 'who' God is. I wish for anyone to convince me that your religion infallibly describes God's personality. I simply and sincerely just want to know who He is.
    quote]

    When Christianity was just getting started about 2,000 years ago, the public was at first put-off by the way Christians avoided giving any personality to this Jewish god. He, strangely, had no form, also. To the polytheistic-believing public, belief in him was a form of ATHEISM.

    Nanobrain, perhaps, wants one of the old polytheistic gods. How about Zeus? Does he REALLY want him to have human emotions and weaknesses? I thought the whole purpose of religion was to have something to respect!

    Personally, I hope someone does fall for Nanobrain's trap. I look foreward to someone trying to give God a "personality." My vote would be that He is sadistical. He creates Aa human race with some defect that makes it difficult for them to believe he exists and if reading a book credited to him does not convince them, he casts them into a torture chamber called Hell where they suffer eternally. That, to me, is sadism, but then we atheists are "immordal" and don't understand how "normal" God really is!

    charlels, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Ph.D. Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    969
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19 Re: What makes your religion infallible? 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanobrain
    I simply and sincerely just want to know who He is.
    God is a philatelist. If you think on this carefully, you will come to realise just how profound a statement it is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    Quote Originally Posted by nanobrain
    Kojax,

    So, God would then be the leader of an advanced civilization elsewhere, who has formed our civilization? I am not entirely sure if I have interpreted this correctly. But, who is this 'evolved' god's God? Thanks for your time.
    I start by believing that intelligent life has evolved on other worlds. If so, many of them probably have been around longer than we have.

    I think somewhere in the far reaches of space there exists a culture that was once in the same situation ours is in, but while maybe a hundred other cultures might reach that point only to destroyed themselves, this one managed to take the next evolutionary step and became truly enlightened.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •