Notices
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Noahs Flood

  1. #1 Noahs Flood 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    537
    Hi all,

    Today, I would like to run something by you regarding the biblical flood.
    What are your views on the theory of the flood occurring due to the Bosphorus strait breach?
    The small strip of land that separated two bodies of water somehow broke and cause the two bodies of water to merge thus looking like a flood.
    Possibly may have caused a tsunami.

    I'm wondering if the "Two by two " reference was not about animals but a misquote that actually pertained to the two bodies of water merging.

    Oh, as for Noahs age, If he existed. Nobody can live to be to 650 but land can.
    As for reference to the size of the boat, maybe these measurements were in fact the measurements of the strip of land (strait).

    We have to bear in mind that information does get altered through passage of time and they do tell us the bible is allegory.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    ox
    ox is offline
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    883
    http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/qbl/Stirling_The_Canon.pdf

    Chapter IV.

    The ancients were keen numerologists.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by ox View Post
    http://www.hermetics.org/pdf/qbl/Stirling_The_Canon.pdf

    Chapter IV.

    The ancients were keen numerologists.

    Thank you. Very much.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    The small strip of land that separated two bodies of water somehow broke and cause the two bodies of water to merge thus looking like a flood.
    Possibly may have caused a tsunami.
    Evaporational lowering or the Black Sea, sea level rise and remerger dozens of times are well established during recent glacial and interglacials. While earlier studies suggested these might have been catastrophic, more recent evidence suggest the remergers were much less so, aside from the huge ecological change.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    Hi all,

    Today, I would like to run something by you regarding the biblical flood.
    What are your views on the theory of the flood occurring due to the Bosphorus strait breach?
    The small strip of land that separated two bodies of water somehow broke and cause the two bodies of water to merge thus looking like a flood.
    Possibly may have caused a tsunami.

    I'm wondering if the "Two by two " reference was not about animals but a misquote that actually pertained to the two bodies of water merging.

    Oh, as for Noahs age, If he existed. Nobody can live to be to 650 but land can.
    As for reference to the size of the boat, maybe these measurements were in fact the measurements of the strip of land (strait).

    We have to bear in mind that information does get altered through passage of time and they do tell us the bible is allegory.
    To be honest that seems like a bit of a stretch, needing a lot of finagling to get the meanings to match that plus as lynx mentions, they werent catastrophic floods
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    537
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hannah40 View Post
    Hi all,

    Today, I would like to run something by you regarding the biblical flood.
    What are your views on the theory of the flood occurring due to the Bosphorus strait breach?
    The small strip of land that separated two bodies of water somehow broke and cause the two bodies of water to merge thus looking like a flood.
    Possibly may have caused a tsunami.

    I'm wondering if the "Two by two " reference was not about animals but a misquote that actually pertained to the two bodies of water merging.

    Oh, as for Noahs age, If he existed. Nobody can live to be to 650 but land can.
    As for reference to the size of the boat, maybe these measurements were in fact the measurements of the strip of land (strait).

    We have to bear in mind that information does get altered through passage of time and they do tell us the bible is allegory.
    To be honest that seems like a bit of a stretch, needing a lot of finagling to get the meanings to match that plus as lynx mentions, they werent catastrophic floods
    They would have been pretty frightening for those who witnessed it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,565
    Possibly, but paleogeology is showing that they were not floods on the catastrophic level, e.g. no massive walls of water or tsunamis, but more likely slow infilling of a like in spring type events
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. The flood
    By hannah40 in forum Scientific Study of Religion
    Replies: 124
    Last Post: April 25th, 2014, 07:41 PM
  2. old flood stories
    By dejawolf in forum Scientific Study of Religion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: May 24th, 2009, 08:31 PM
  3. the biblical flood
    By numb3rs in forum Scientific Study of Religion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: April 26th, 2008, 06:25 PM
  4. Biblical Flood
    By Hiramabbi in forum Scientific Study of Religion
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: March 31st, 2008, 01:35 PM
  5. Noah's flood was probably not a global flood...
    By william in forum Earth Sciences
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: February 4th, 2007, 02:55 AM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •