Notices
Results 1 to 32 of 32

Thread: Can God do Anything Right?

  1. #1 Can God do Anything Right? 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,812
    Is there anything the Christian God* has done to perfection? Nice universe but is it built to last? Heaven seemed like a great place until Satan and his fellow cherubs voiced their displeasure. The Earth, pretty good stuff, but apparently it has more going wrong for it than right. Humans, well we're not fooling anybody. Religions coming out His rear, churches for religions nobody even heard of, paedophile priests, the prayers of the greedy, bible full of contradictions....in fact it is one gigantic mess. How in the name of God did this happen?

    We, meaning the people, have blamed ourselves for turning paradise into a trailer park and God can't seem to do a damn thing about it. Not quite what the Almighty had in mind, I think. Where might the fatal flaw lie? God's a terrible designer or just a lousy decorator?

    When you take a serious look at everything, His work broke down from the start. Could God Have done better or have we seen the limit of his creative skills? If I were God then I would be pissed at my own inadequacy. God had one job to do and He totally messed it up.




    * Pseudo...Ya I know there are other religions but none are worth getting bent about.


    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: Can God do Anything Right? 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Nice universe but is it built to last? The Earth, pretty good stuff, but apparently it has more going wrong for it than right.
    Such mixed feelings? A thing can only be judged according to its purpose. A watch makes a lousy screwdriver. You cannot judge the universe and the earth until you understand their purpose.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Is there anything the Christian God* has done to perfection?
    Yes. God created life. This whole universe which you admire is designed for that one purpose. Life is a novel idea, for living beings/organisms participate in their own creation. They are finite beings with unlimited (infinite) potential, because they have the innate ability to become more than they are. Life in its innate capacity for creativity and self creation had the unpredictable nature required for God to have an interesting relationship with something outside of Himself.

    Anything else that God might set out to create would be trivial - stupid. All other creations would be like writing a book or making a movie which has no one to read or watch it except He Himself who already knows both the ending and every detail of the story because He wrote/created it to be exactly what it is. Only with the creation of life could God create something that would not be exactly what He created it to be, because living things take part in their own creation making up their own stories.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Where might the fatal flaw lie?
    The fatal flaw is the human refusal to be responsible for what we have made of ourselves and of our lives. If God is just going to be another excuse to dodge this responsibility and blame it on someone else then it is better for us if God has nothing to do with us at all. At least that way we have a chance to learn the hard way that this refusal of responsibility solves nothing but just makes things worse and worse. At least on our own we must face the fact that life is what we make of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Heaven seemed like a great place until Satan and his fellow cherubs voiced their displeasure.
    Sounds like a lot of nonsense to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    When you take a serious look at everything, His work broke down from the start.
    Not really. It may not be going the way you would like it but there really is no one to blame for that except yourself. The habit of looking for the cause outside of yourself and outside of the things which you control is a bad habit that accomplishes nothing.

    Adam and Eve did the same thing. It did not do them any good either. But not everyone follows this useless pattern of behavior. Some people find a more useful and effective response to life that complaining and blaming others for everything that is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Could God Have done better
    Not really. I already explained that creating something other than life would have been trivial and stupid. The only other choice in regards to this planet is whether to let it continue or put an end to it. Well the fact that you and so many people see the earth as a glass which is half full is exactly its biggest problem. God does not have that problem. If He finds even one person willing to take responsibility and work to make the world a better place then He sees life on this planet as being worthwhile.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    If I were God then I would be pissed at my own inadequacy.
    As a living creature with a hand in your own creation and a hand in the creation of your world, you are certainly free to be "pissed at your own inadequacy" in regards to the job you have done.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    God had one job to do and He totally messed it up.
    Job? He set out to create life and He suceeded. We are alive and responsible for who and what we are and that is as God intended it to be. Whether we take hold of that responsiblity or not is up to us.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Religions coming out His rear, churches for religions nobody even heard of, paedophile priests, the prayers of the greedy, bible full of contradictions....in fact it is one gigantic mess. How in the name of God did this happen?
    Yes an unholy gigantic mess. We are responsible for what we are and yet so many people refuse to be responsible. What a contradictory way to be. We need the guidance of God and yet if we will not be responsible then His presence in our lives only makes things worse. So since religion is man seeking to bring God back into his life, it is no wonder that the effort is one of serious contradictions. Clearly if religion is pursued in avoidance of responsibility you are going to get somethings disastrous.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    We, meaning the people, have blamed ourselves for turning paradise into a trailer park
    What is wrong with a trailer park? If all you are looking for is a mansion in hollywood then that is part of the problem. The essence of misery is a part of your essential nature that will follow you where ever you live. It is in how you look at yourself and the world. If you cannot change this then you cannot escape misery.

    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    God can't seem to do a damn thing about it.
    In that you are very wrong. God has done everything that He needs to do about it. But He will not make your choices for you. He will not relieve you of your basic responsibility for your own life. He will not take your life away from you to make you do as He sees fit. That would be pointless and contrary to His whole reason for creating the universe.


    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nashville
    Posts
    317
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Isotope Zelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    religion of anykind leads to nothing but trouble
    just look what it does with people. Make them do stupid things make them be stupid etc.

    I am better than god since i can do everything he has (eventually with technologies help) much better. that is if he exist. wich he yet doesnt
    I am zelos. Destroyer of planets, exterminator of life, conquerer of worlds. I have come to rule this uiniverse. And there is nothing u pathetic biengs can do to stop me

    On the eighth day Zelos said: 'Let there be darkness,' and the light was never again seen.

    The king of posting
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman Everlasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    93
    Coin the phrase: Give me liberty or give me death.

    In light of current events, how can you say the world would be better
    off without religion. How can you liken yourself to the opposite of
    what God is, and not admit there is a God. A world without religion
    is headed for destruction. If Satan found any displeasure, it was
    because his power over God didn't exist. It sounds to me like Satan:
    tries to test God's love for people by destroying them. In any
    event by destroying everything, Satan destoys himself. A catch 22.
    It sounds to me like he was jealous of God's power. The religious
    word for how man adapts and survives is called: Intercession.
    Which to me: is the mother on invention.


    Just a Thought

    __________________________

    Everlasting
    Futuristic Science Fiction Novel
    Moon Over Key Biscayne

    :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman wonkothesane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    47
    Coin the phrase: Give me liberty or give me death.
    Lately some people have been getting both.
    Fry me a kipper skipper, I'll be back for breakfast!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    In light of current events, how can you say the world would be better off without religion.
    Whoa Do you hear yourself? WOW Things are just great right now, aren't they? :?

    Did I miss something? A joke, maybe?

    Does this mean things are going to get worse than terrible
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman Everlasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    93
    The concept of intercession provides a means of intervention to problems.
    How we apply the concept says alot about how we interact in society.
    A matter of minutes makes all of the difference in the world. Religion
    tells us to be zealous in works not slothful. If we approach our lives
    and people around through the concept of religion: we respond, follow,
    and adapt to the world. Not to mention the premise of self preservation.


    Everlasting
    Futuristic Science Fiction Novel
    Moon Over Key Biscayne

    :-D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman Everlasting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    In light of current events, how can you say the world would be better off without religion.
    Whoa Do you hear yourself? WOW Things are just great right now, aren't they? :?

    Did I miss something? A joke, maybe?

    Does this mean things are going to get worse than terrible
    If the answer was yes: Worse than terrible: What would be your
    solution?

    The world has strayed from religion, and look at the outcome.
    The Bible explains the Prophecy of a world without religion.

    Everlasting
    Futuristic Science Fiction Novel
    Moon Over Key Biscayne
    booksandmore.4t.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    Any kind of thinking can lead to trouble; it all depends on the nature of the thinker.

    Edit: look at Hitler, for example.
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Masters Degree geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    london
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by scientstphilosophertheist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    Any kind of thinking can lead to trouble; it all depends on the nature of the thinker.

    Edit: look at Hitler, for example.
    yes and torquemada, and isn't it funny how we both picked christians.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense - Buddha"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by scientstphilosophertheist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    Any kind of thinking can lead to trouble; it all depends on the nature of the thinker.

    Edit: look at Hitler, for example.
    yes and torquemada, and isn't it funny how we both picked christians.
    Isn't funny how you called Hitler Chistian just like Hitler called the Communists, Jews. I have no doubt that if we look at more of the things you have said we will find more similarities. Like all the anti-Christian comments that Hitler made.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Masters Degree geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    london
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by scientstphilosophertheist
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    Any kind of thinking can lead to trouble; it all depends on the nature of the thinker.

    Edit: look at Hitler, for example.
    yes and torquemada, and isn't it funny how we both picked christians.
    Isn't funny how you called Hitler Christian just like Hitler called the Communists, Jews. I have no doubt that if we look at more of the things you have said we will find more similarities. Like all the anti-Christian comments that Hitler made.
    yes most likely, though I've never refered to jews as communist, but jews, muslims, christians are all on an equal par.
    couldn't we though, find similarities with any human comments, even yours.
    or is it you think I'm the next hitler.
    oh and yes it isn't funny that hitlers was a christian, very condemning infact.
    could you paste a link to these aledged anti-christian comments you believe hitler made, thank you.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense - Buddha"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    [could you paste a link to these aledged anti-christian comments you believe hitler made, thank you.
    I will do so with extreme pleasure. I would more than love to introduce you to your soul mate, Adolf Hitler. I think if you read what Hitler had to say below you will realize just how much the two of you think so much alike.

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.answers.org/apologetics/hitquote.html
    Night of 11th-12th July, 1941:

    National Socialism and religion cannot exist together.... The heaviest blow that ever struck humanity was the coming of Christianity. Bolshevism is Christianity's illegitimate child. Both are inventions of the Jew. The deliberate lie in the matter of religion was introduced into the world by Christianity.... Let it not be said that Christianity brought man the life of the soul, for that evolution was in the natural order of things. (p 6 & 7)


    10th October, 1941, midday:

    Christianity is a rebellion against natural law, a protest against nature. Taken to its logical extreme, Christianity would mean the systematic cultivation of the human failure. (p 43)


    14th October, 1941, midday:

    The best thing is to let Christianity die a natural death.... When understanding of the universe has become widespread... Christian doctrine will be convicted of absurdity.... Christianity has reached the peak of absurdity.... And that's why someday its structure will collapse.... ...the only way to get rid of Christianity is to allow it to die little by little.... Christianity the liar.... We'll see to it that the Churches cannot spread abroad teachings in conflict with the interests of the State. (p 49-52)


    19th October, 1941, night:

    The reason why the ancient world was so pure, light and serene was that it knew nothing of the two great scourges: the pox and Christianity.


    21st October, 1941, midday:

    Originally, Christianity was merely an incarnation of Bolshevism, the destroyer.... The decisive falsification of Jesus' doctrine was the work of St.Paul. He gave himself to this work... for the purposes of personal exploitation.... Didn't the world see, carried on right into the Middle Ages, the same old system of martyrs, tortures, faggots? Of old, it was in the name of Christianity. Today, it's in the name of Bolshevism. Yesterday the instigator was Saul: the instigator today, Mardochai. Saul was changed into St.Paul, and Mardochai into Karl Marx. By exterminating this pest, we shall do humanity a service of which our soldiers can have no idea. (p 63-65)


    13th December, 1941, midnight:

    Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery.... .... When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let's be the only people who are immunised against the disease. (p 118 & 119)


    14th December, 1941, midday:

    Kerrl, with noblest of intentions, wanted to attempt a synthesis between National Socialism and Christianity. I don't believe the thing's possible, and I see the obstacle in Christianity itself.... Pure Christianity-- the Christianity of the catacombs-- is concerned with translating Christian doctrine into facts. It leads quite simply to the annihilation of mankind. It is merely whole-hearted Bolshevism, under a tinsel of metaphysics. (p 119 & 120)


    9th April, 1942, dinner:

    There is something very unhealthy about Christianity (p 339)


    27th February, 1942, midday:

    It would always be disagreeable for me to go down to posterity as a man who made concessions in this field. I realize that man, in his imperfection, can commit innumerable errors-- but to devote myself deliberately to errors, that is something I cannot do. I shall never come personally to terms with the Christian lie. Our epoch Uin the next 200 yearse will certainly see the end of the disease of Christianity.... My regret will have been that I couldn't... behold ." (p 278)
    What is it that makes a person Christian. Is it what they say and pretend to be in order to get elected like Bush? Or is it what they think or could it even be how they behave? I think we should make you personally responsible for what any person who ever said they were atheist has done, and judge you accordingly. This is after all a famous Christian axiom: as you judge others, so shall you be judged.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    I am better than god since i can do everything he has (eventually with technologies help) much better. that is if he exist. wich he yet doesnt
    This comment is awe-inspiring...
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Masters Degree geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    london
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    [could you paste a link to these aledged anti-christian comments you believe hitler made, thank you.
    I will do so with extreme pleasure. I would more than love to introduce you to your soul mate, Adolf Hitler. I think if you read what Hitler had to say below you will realize just how much the two of you think so much alike.

    http://www.answers.org/apologetics/hitquote.html"
    so as I understand it the links and quotes you posted are from The book Hitler's Secret Conversations 1941-1944 published by Farrar, Straus and Young, Inc.first edition, 1953,emphasis being the word "Secret" so thus could be deemed pure hear say.
    as they do seem to contradict his public profile.

    see below
    these below are vastly document speeches, not thing that can be deemed hear say.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian.htm
    Hitler’s speeches and proclamations, even more clearly, reveal his faith and feelings toward a Christianized Germany. Nazism presents an embarrassment to Christianity and demonstrates the danger of their faith So they try to pin him on other theistic views. The following words from Hitler show his disdain for atheism, and pagan cults, and reveal the strength of his Christian feelings:

    “National Socialism is not a cult-movement-- a movement for worship; it is exclusively a ‘volkic’ political doctrine based upon racial principles. In its purpose there is no mystic cult, only the care and leadership of a people defined by a common blood-relationship... We will not allow mystically- minded occult folk with a passion for exploring the secrets of the world beyond to steal into our Movement. Such folk are not National Socialists, but something else-- in any case something which has nothing to do with us. At the head of our programme there stand no secret surmisings but clear-cut perception and straightforward profession of belief. But since we set as the central point of this perception and of this profession of belief the maintenance and hence the security for the future of a being formed by God, we thus serve the maintenance of a divine work and fulfill a divine will-- not in the secret twilight of a new house of worship, but openly before the face of the Lord… Our worship is exclusively the cultivation of the natural, and for that reason, because natural, therefore God-willed. Our humility is the unconditional submission before the divine laws of existence so far as they are known to us men.” -Adolf Hitler, in Nuremberg on 6 Sept.1938. [Christians have always accused Hitler of believing in pagan cult mythology. What is written here clearly expresses his stand against cults.

    “We were convinced that the people needs and requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out.” -Adolf Hitler, in a speech in Berlin on 24 Oct. 1933

    Here Hitler uses the Bible and his Christianity in order to attack the Jews and uphold his anti-Semitism:

    "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people." –Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

    "Christianity could not content itself with building up its own altar; it was absolutely forced to undertake the destruction of the heathen altars. Only from this fanatical intolerance could its apodictic faith take form; this intolerance is, in fact, its absolute presupposition." -Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf (It is quite obvious here that Hitler is referring to destructing the Judaism alters on which Christianity was founded.)

    "The personification of the devil as the symbol of all evil assumes the living shape of the Jew." -Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf (The idea of the devil and the Jew came out of medieval anti-Jewish beliefs based on interpretations from the Bible. Martin Luther, and teachers after him, continued this “tradition” up until the 20th century.)

    "With satanic joy in his face, the black-haired Jewish youth lurks in wait for the unsuspecting girl whom he defiles with his blood, thus stealing her from her people." -Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf (It is common in war for one race to rape another so that they can “defile” the race and assimilate their own. Hitler speaks about this very tactic here.)

    “The best characterization is provided by the product of this religious education, the Jew himself. His life is only of this world, and his spirit is inwardly as alien to true Christianity as his nature two thousand years previous was to the great founder of the new doctrine. Of course, the latter made no secret of his attitude toward the Jewish people, and when necessary he even took the whip to drive from the temple of the Lord this adversary of all humanity, who then as always saw in religion nothing but an instrument for his business existence. In return, Christ was nailed to the cross, while our present- day party Christians debase themselves to begging for Jewish votes at elections and later try to arrange political swindles with atheistic Jewish parties-- and this against their own nation.”–Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

    "…the fall of man in paradise has always been followed by his expulsion." -Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf (See Genesis Chapter 3 where humankind is cast from Eden for their sins. Hitler compares this to the need to exterminate the Jews for their sin against Christ.)

    “Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord.” –Adolf Hitler (Mein Kampf)

    “The anti-Semitism of the new movement [Christian Social movement] was based on religious ideas instead of racial knowledge.” –Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf (This quote is very interesting for it disperses the idea that Hitler raged war due to being an Aryan supremacist. He states quite clearly that he has a problem with Jews for their belief not race. That is why many German Jews died in WW2 regardless of their Aryan nationality.)

    “Only in the steady and constant application of force lies the very first prerequisite for success. This persistence, however, can always and only arise from a definite spiritual conviction. Any violence which does not spring from a firm, spiritual base, will be wavering and uncertain.” –Adolf Hitler Mein Kampf (Here Hitler is admitting that his war against the Jews were so successful because of his strong Christian Spirituality.)
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    What is it that makes a person Christian. Is it what they say and pretend to be in order to get elected like Bush?
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Or is it what they think or could it even be how they behave?
    oh yes that as well see Hitler or Bush.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    I think we should make you personally responsible for what any person who ever said they were atheist has done,
    yes I dont mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    and judge you accordingly.
    dont mind that, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    This is after all a famous Christian axiom: as you judge others, so shall you be judged.
    and Bush and Hitler know/knew it well.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense - Buddha"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    The spectrum between the extreme right and the extreme left is not a line but a circle for the extremes of fascism and communism have more in common than differences. They make each other their excuse for their extreme and irrational behavior, but because they are more alike than different, they are effectively holding themselves up by their own petard. This is why it is only natrual that the second world war began with the Nonagression Pact between Hitler and Stalin as an agreement to divide Europe between them. And why the people of Poland welcomed Hitler as a liberator only to find that he just was more of the same thing.

    One way or another you make the lies of Hitler the excuse to embrace his real attitudes of intolerance and make yourself his brother for the other end of the spectrum is right at his side. What you call yourself, whether Christian or atheist really doesn't matter when intolerance dominates your outlook like this, it is only your choice of victims which is no more than the whim of the insane.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    [could you paste a link to these aledged anti-christian comments you believe hitler made, thank you.
    I will do so with extreme pleasure. I would more than love to introduce you to your soul mate, Adolf Hitler. I think if you read what Hitler had to say below you will realize just how much the two of you think so much alike.

    http://www.answers.org/apologetics/hitquote.html"
    so as I understand it the links and quotes you posted are from The book Hitler's Secret Conversations 1941-1944 published by Farrar, Straus and Young, Inc.first edition, 1953,emphasis being the word "Secret" so thus could be deemed pure hear say.
    as they do seem to contradict his public profile.


    see below
    these below are vastly document speeches, not thing that can be deemed hear say.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian.htm
    Hitler’s speeches and proclamations, even more clearly, reveal his faith and feelings toward a Christianized Germany. Nazism presents an embarrassment to Christianity and demonstrates the danger of their faith So they try to pin him on other theistic views.
    1. Because something was said in secret doesn't mean its revelation is pure heresay. Clinton's extra-marital affair, for example, was revealed after private conversations.

    2. Let me ask you something: which is usually more true? What a person says in public (especially a politician), or what they say in private?

    3. His pro-Christian speeches may have been to prevent possible opposition to his rule.

    4. http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/mis...ca_hitler.html gives a nice outlook. It gives quotes from both sides of the argument, and comes to a conclusion. Ironically enough, another person has the same views as myself about private talk vs. public talk. You know why? Because it's common sense.
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19 Re: Can God do Anything Right? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Is there anything the Christian God* has done to perfection? Nice universe but is it built to last? Heaven seemed like a great place until Satan and his fellow cherubs voiced their displeasure. The Earth, pretty good stuff, but apparently it has more going wrong for it than right. Humans, well we're not fooling anybody. Religions coming out His rear, churches for religions nobody even heard of, paedophile priests, the prayers of the greedy, bible full of contradictions....in fact it is one gigantic mess. How in the name of God did this happen?

    We, meaning the people, have blamed ourselves for turning paradise into a trailer park and God can't seem to do a damn thing about it. Not quite what the Almighty had in mind, I think. Where might the fatal flaw lie? God's a terrible designer or just a lousy decorator?

    When you take a serious look at everything, His work broke down from the start. Could God Have done better or have we seen the limit of his creative skills? If I were God then I would be pissed at my own inadequacy. God had one job to do and He totally messed it up.




    * Pseudo...Ya I know there are other religions but none are worth getting bent about.
    if the material world is specifically designed to teach the rebellious living entity the folly of their rebellion, it seems like a perfect construction to me
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20 Re: Can God do Anything Right? 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by punarmusiko

    if the material world is specifically designed to teach the rebellious living entity the folly of their rebellion, it seems like a perfect construction to me
    Well, we might as well chalk up another failure then.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Colyer
    Sometimes I think that religious thinking of any kind leads to trouble.
    religion of anykind leads to nothing but trouble
    just look what it does with people. Make them do stupid things make them be stupid etc.

    I am better than god since i can do everything he has (eventually with technologies help) much better. that is if he exist. wich he yet doesnt
    well! if you can do what god has done, than you rise the sun in west.

    some people has forgot why they live and die. Ok let me remind you why God has created your life and death. It is to examine which of you are good in your deeds.
    God is one and only.

    God knows the best.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,812
    Ok let me remind you why God has created your life and death. It is to examine which of you are good in your deeds.
    He didn't know beforehand? You're saying God has failed at omniscience?
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23 Re: Can God do Anything Right? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Quote Originally Posted by punarmusiko

    if the material world is specifically designed to teach the rebellious living entity the folly of their rebellion, it seems like a perfect construction to me
    Well, we might as well chalk up another failure then.
    given that the time factor of the material creation is eternal, the determination that drives a conditioned soul's acts of stupidity tends to wane in the long run
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos
    Ok let me remind you why God has created your life and death. It is to examine which of you are good in your deeds.
    He didn't know beforehand? You're saying God has failed at omniscience?
    we didnt knot it before we doing. On the day we will be resurrected we will be shown our deeds. we have to accept that on that day.
    God know about us even before creating us.
    God is one and only.

    God knows the best.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    basim wrote:
    On the day we will be resurrected we will be shown our deeds. we have to accept that on that day.
    Do we need to wait for that day before accepting our deeds? I accept that I ate rice this morning. Don't need to wait until someone tell me. I am not that forgetful.

    God know about us even before creating us.
    Did he tell you that, or you just make it up?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by prasit
    basim wrote:
    On the day we will be resurrected we will be shown our deeds. we have to accept that on that day.
    Do we need to wait for that day before accepting our deeds? I accept that I ate rice this morning. Don't need to wait until someone tell me. I am not that forgetful.

    God know about us even before creating us.
    Did he tell you that, or you just make it up?
    thats why you will be shown your deeds. Because you will remember that. So that day you cant oppose it. What you have done is done, you will be treated for that. not even for a quantity equal to the weight of an atom be less or more on that day for you.
    i Knew it because it is there in God's last and final testimony, the Quran.
    God is one and only.

    God knows the best.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,812
    God know about us even before creating us.
    Life is pointless, I guess. What purpose is a Quran or any other bible? Knowing about us before creating us makes the Quran nothing more than a theatrical prop in a mindless play that follows an even more meaningless script.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    basim wrote:
    i Knew it because it is there in God's last and final testimony, the Quran
    How do you know that Quran is God's testimony, not just a book written by men?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by prasit
    basim wrote:
    i Knew it because it is there in God's last and final testimony, the Quran
    How do you know that Quran is God's testimony, not just a book written by men?
    Because men cant write that much perfect book. If you are in a doubt that the Quran is not the words of God, then you make a single verse like that in the Quran. you cant! No one can.
    God is one and only.

    God knows the best.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    Because men cant write that much perfect book. If you are in a doubt that the Quran is not the words of God, then you make a single verse like that in the Quran. you cant! No one can.
    Here I sit once again trying to think of how Basim and his ilk got to this stage in their beliefs. There are a million things going thru my mind right now and no thoughts or words penned by me is going to make any difference to Basim. But here goes.

    Do I think man is capable of what Basim says is impossible? Of course, but to me it seems ludicrous to think man couldn't write a single Quran-ish verse. There are thousands who could.

    I don't know how much of his holy book Basim has memorized but I would wager this...... If I inserted a verse or changed a word for that matter, somewhere in the Quran and gave the book to a child who was reading it for the first time then that child would have no idea that my words were in there. They would read it and believe it to be true. It doesn't have to be a child, it could be anybody who doesn't know the original manuscript word for word. Let's say generations pass and my verse is never noticed. The result is that many people believed in a contaminated holy book without realizing it.

    That Basim, is how easy it is. You have no guarantee that Quran is the absolute word of God, no way, no how.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    i would like to post you a translation of a verse of Quran which challanges you that there is no contamination.
    Quran, chapter4 verse82. "Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have seen therein much contradiction."

    If you are true, then show me even a single contradiction in Quran.
    you will not see.
    God is one and only.

    God knows the best.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    basim wrote:
    Because men cant write that much perfect book
    How do you define perfect? There are a lot of beautiful books written by great poets, philosophers, thinkers. How can you say that they are not perfect?


    Quran, chapter4 verse82. "Do they not then consider the Quran carefully? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have seen therein much contradiction."

    If you are true, then show me even a single contradiction in Quran.
    Writing book that contains no contradiction is very easy. I can write: '"the sun rises in the east and sets in the west." No contradiction. Don't need a God in order to do that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •