Notices
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 806
Like Tree275Likes

Thread: Why DO you beieve in God?

  1. #101  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Single-horned white horse-like creatures? no.
    Do you mean a unicorn?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Some kind of horned beast of great strength referred to in the context of other mundane beasts? Then yes.
    Do you mean a unicorn?
    Dywyddyr likes this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  2. #102  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapples View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I'm sorry I even mentioned unicorns. This thread is going to turn into Ancient Aliens now, isn't it?
    Did somebody mention unicorns?



    Online Dictionary –
    God: (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
    Unicorn: a mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.

    There's plenty of difference comparing a god to a unicorn, but both have one thing in common – neither share evidence to exist.
    Some theists claim the Bible is evidence for God, or the Big Bang, Abiogenesis etc. But I think those type of claims are probably not much different to claiming hoof tracking's found on a field belong to unicorns?
    You're a prickly little character aren't you!

    ~ and you demonstrate the wisdom of ages... Bravo. ~
     

  3. #103  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapples View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I'm sorry I even mentioned unicorns. This thread is going to turn into Ancient Aliens now, isn't it?
    Did somebody mention unicorns?



    Online Dictionary –
    God: (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
    Unicorn: a mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.

    There's plenty of difference comparing a god to a unicorn, but both have one thing in common – neither share evidence to exist.
    Some theists claim the Bible is evidence for God, or the Big Bang, Abiogenesis etc. But I think those type of claims are probably not much different to claiming hoof tracking's found on a field belong to unicorns?
    You're a prickly little character aren't you!

    ~ and you demonstrate the wisdom of ages... Bravo. ~
    Nearing retirement age too.
     

  4. #104  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Fun fact:
    The national animal of Scotland is the unicorn.


    Source:
    Scottish fact of the week: Scotland
    KALSTER likes this.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  5. #105  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Here's the KJ and ASV versions of Job 39 wherein the original manuscripts refer to an animal known as a 're'em'. The KJ translators' error was not repeated by later translators who had a different take on the animal described. A horse of any kind seems not to be the animal depicted in Job and an ox would seem to be a better fit:


    Job 39 King James Version (KJV)


    39 Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring forth? or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve?
    2 Canst thou number the months that they fulfil? or knowest thou the time when they bring forth?
    3 They bow themselves, they bring forth their young ones, they cast out their sorrows.
    4 Their young ones are in good liking, they grow up with corn; they go forth, and return not unto them.
    5 Who hath sent out the wild ass free? or who hath loosed the bands of the wild ass?
    6 Whose house I have made the wilderness, and the barren land his dwellings.
    7 He scorneth the multitude of the city, neither regardeth he the crying of the driver.
    8 The range of the mountains is his pasture, and he searcheth after every green thing.
    9 Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
    10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
    11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him?
    12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?
    13 Gavest thou the goodly wings unto the peacocks? or wings and feathers unto the ostrich?
    14 Which leaveth her eggs in the earth, and warmeth them in dust,
    15 And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, or that the wild beast may break them.
    16 She is hardened against her young ones, as though they were not her's: her labour is in vain without fear;
    17 Because God hath deprived her of wisdom, neither hath he imparted to her understanding.
    18 What time she lifteth up herself on high, she scorneth the horse and his rider.
    19 Hast thou given the horse strength? hast thou clothed his neck with thunder?
    20 Canst thou make him afraid as a grasshopper? the glory of his nostrils is terrible.
    21 He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength: he goeth on to meet the armed men.
    22 He mocketh at fear, and is not affrighted; neither turneth he back from the sword.
    23 The quiver rattleth against him, the glittering spear and the shield.
    24 He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage: neither believeth he that it is the sound of the trumpet.
    25 He saith among the trumpets, Ha, ha; and he smelleth the battle afar off, the thunder of the captains, and the shouting.
    26 Doth the hawk fly by thy wisdom, and stretch her wings toward the south?
    27 Doth the eagle mount up at thy command, and make her nest on high?
    28 She dwelleth and abideth on the rock, upon the crag of the rock, and the strong place.
    29 From thence she seeketh the prey, and her eyes behold afar off.


    30 Her young ones also suck up blood: and where the slain are, there is she.



    Job 39 American Standard Version (ASV)

    39 Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring forth? Or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve?
    2 Canst thou number the months that they fulfil? Or knowest thou the time when they bring forth?
    3 They bow themselves, they bring forth their young, They cast out their pains.
    4 Their young ones become strong, they grow up in the open field; They go forth, and return not again.
    5 Who hath sent out the wild ass free? Or who hath loosed the bonds of the swift ass,
    6 Whose home I have made the wilderness, And the salt land his dwelling-place?
    7 He scorneth the tumult of the city, Neither heareth he the shoutings of the driver.
    8 The range of the mountains is his pasture, And he searcheth after every green thing.
    9 Will the wild-ox be content to serve thee? Or will he abide by thy crib?
    10 Canst thou bind the wild-ox with his band in the furrow? Or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
    11 Wilt thou trust him, because his strength is great? Or wilt thou leave to him thy labor?
    12 Wilt thou confide in him, that he will bring home thy seed, And gather the grain of thy threshing-floor?
    13 The wings of the ostrich wave proudly; But are they the pinions and plumage of love?
    14 For she leaveth her eggs on the earth, And warmeth them in the dust,
    15 And forgetteth that the foot may crush them, Or that the wild beast may trample them.
    16 She dealeth hardly with her young ones, as if they were not hers: Though her labor be in vain, she is without fear;
    17 Because God hath deprived her of wisdom, Neither hath he imparted to her understanding.
    18 What time she lifteth up herself on high, She scorneth the horse and his rider.
    19 Hast thou given the horse his might? Hast thou clothed his neck with the quivering mane?
    20 Hast thou made him to leap as a locust? The glory of his snorting is terrible.
    21 He paweth in the valley, and rejoiceth in his strength: He goeth out to meet the armed men.
    22 He mocketh at fear, and is not dismayed; Neither turneth he back from the sword.
    23 The quiver rattleth against him, The flashing spear and the javelin.
    24 He swalloweth the ground with fierceness and rage; Neither believeth he that it is the voice of the trumpet.
    25 As oft as the trumpet soundeth he saith, Aha! And he smelleth the battle afar off, The thunder of the captains, and the shouting.
    26 Is it by thy wisdom that the hawk soareth, (And) stretcheth her wings toward the south?
    27 Is it at thy command that the eagle mounteth up, And maketh her nest on high?
    28 On the cliff she dwelleth, and maketh her home, Upon the point of the cliff, and the stronghold.
    29 From thence she spieth out the prey; Her eyes behold it afar off.
    30 Her young ones also suck up blood: And where the slain are, there is she.



    Job 39 ASV - Knowest thou the time when the wild - Bible Gateway
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  6. #106  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Single-horned white horse-like creatures? no.
    Do you mean a unicorn? Yes, as in the typical representation.

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Some kind of horned beast of great strength referred to in the context of other mundane beasts? Then yes.
    Do you mean a unicorn?
    I mean a 're'em' - which is an ox - but wrongly referred to as a 'unicorn' by the KJ translators.


    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  7. #107  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ What.. ? ~

    " That I do not believe in God is reasonable from the point made clear here.. "
     

  8. #108  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ What.. ? ~
    Post #105 explains it.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  9. #109  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Single-horned white horse-like creatures? no.
    Do you mean a unicorn? Yes, as in the typical representation.
    So - when you said "You are so correct it hurts." you meant the opposite.
    Ok. Just checkin'.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  10. #110  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post

    " That I do not believe in God is reasonable from the point made clear here.. "
    It could be taken that different translators will always arrive at different translations. It seems odd that the KJ translators would interpret the 're'em' in the originals to mean 'unicorn', but as the animal was unknown to them they would have put effort in as to the best way to paint the story - rather than say 'we don't know'. In the context of Job 39 it is clearly seen that a beast of great strength is being described as opposed to a Disney type unicorn - it's a workaday beast of burden that is spoken about along with other everyday animals. Maybe they thought it really was the mythical beast - maybe it was for convenience - another reason, perhaps. In any event no modern translator would think to mention unicorns for the very simple reason that the word 're'em' cannot reasonably be interpreted in that way.

    So the word 'unicorn' was an error by the KJ translators IMO, and when it's said that unicorns are in the Bible it is open to point out that no mention of the word 'unicorn' appears in the original manuscripts - only in those translations based on the King James version.
    EOTD likes this.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  11. #111  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Single-horned white horse-like creatures? no.
    Do you mean a unicorn? Yes, as in the typical representation.
    So - when you said "You are so correct it hurts." you meant the opposite. No.
    Ok. Just checkin'.
    The comments I was referring to were spot on. What I meant and what I mean is made clear in the few posts above.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  12. #112  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    The comments I was referring to were spot on. What I meant and what I mean is made clear in the few posts above.
    You showed that you don't agree with the comments.
    Y'know - the bit where you said that unicorns didn't exist.
    But don't worry. That is one of your least contradictory and confused posts.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  13. #113  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    The comments I was referring to were spot on. What I meant and what I mean is made clear in the few posts above.
    You showed that you don't agree with the comments.
    Y'know - the bit where you said that unicorns didn't exist.
    But don't worry. That is one of your least contradictory and confused posts.
    No worries - the point has been made and you can take that point or not. Interpret my interpretation or my reference to another post however you wish or look at the evidence provided and interpret that - or not - your choice. I think you are the one that is confused but I can't really make it any clearer for you than I have done in the above posts.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  14. #114  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ It is interesting that after pouring over and closely examining post # 105. I for the life of me can not see where any Unicorn is spoken of.. I might conclude a ass, or a goat and even a horse or two.. No unicorns, sorry. What I do see is a unearthly amount of dribble. Without the slightest regard to this subject. Why 'DO' you believe in God, and that I do not. Sort of disqualifies me and my opinion a... nothing new here..
     

  15. #115  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Well, he answered many of my prayers, some very specifically. I would have to be insane to not believe in him after what he did.

    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence. Just because it is a religous book, doesn't mean it is false.
     

  16. #116  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ It is interesting that after pouring over and closely examining post # 105. I for the life of me can not see where any Unicorn is spoken of.. I might conclude a ass, or a goat and even a horse or two.. No unicorns, sorry. What I do see is a unearthly amount of dribble. Without the slightest regard to this subject. Why 'DO' you believe in God, and that I do not. Sort of disqualifies me and my opinion a... nothing new here..
    10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  17. #117  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, he answered many of my prayers, some very specifically. I would have to be insane to not believe in him after what he did.
    Because, of course, you have established conclusively that whatever happened wouldn't have happened anyway.

    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence. Just because it is a religous book, doesn't mean it is false.
    Excellent!
    So Bilbo Baggins was also real. And Winnie the Pooh 1 etc...

    1 Trick question: he actually was.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  18. #118  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, he answered many of my prayers, some very specifically. I would have to be insane to not believe in him after what he did.

    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence. Just because it is a religous book, doesn't mean it is false.
    It is a fictional novel.

    Has there ever been PROOF as in certification that it is anything other than bunch of writings by a bunch of men telling stories?

    If so, I guess I missed the certifications.

    Not to mention that many more scrolls were found and every religion who uses it as a base has a different version.

    "singing" "Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you." if you read fiction.
    astromark likes this.
     

  19. #119  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, he answered many of my prayers, some very specifically. I would have to be insane to not believe in him after what he did.

    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence. Just because it is a religous book, doesn't mean it is false.
    It is a fictional novel.

    Has there ever been PROOF as in certification that it is anything other than bunch of writings by a bunch of men telling stories?

    If so, I guess I missed the certifications.

    Not to mention that many more scrolls were found and every religion who uses it as a base has a different version.

    "singing" "Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you." if you read fiction.
    Babe!
     

  20. #120  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, he answered many of my prayers, some very specifically. I would have to be insane to not believe in him after what he did.

    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence. Just because it is a religous book, doesn't mean it is false.
    It is a fictional novel.

    Has there ever been PROOF as in certification that it is anything other than bunch of writings by a bunch of men telling stories?

    If so, I guess I missed the certifications.

    Not to mention that many more scrolls were found and every religion who uses it as a base has a different version.

    "singing" "Fairy tales can come true, it can happen to you." if you read fiction.
    Babe!

    Aloha Robbity! *S*

    I have been here *L*

    and who would care if I weren't! *chuckle*

    I am not one of the scientists!
    astromark likes this.
     

  21. #121  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ It is interesting that after pouring over and closely examining post # 105. I for the life of me can not see where any Unicorn is spoken of.. I might conclude a ass, or a goat and even a horse or two.. No unicorns, sorry. What I do see is a unearthly amount of dribble. Without the slightest regard to this subject. Why 'DO' you believe in God, and that I do not. Sort of disqualifies me and my opinion a... nothing new here..
    10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
    Samsmoot., I did see that, and interpret it as a Ox or Horse and the fact that different interpretations are part of the many issues of the Bible. I am just as miffed by the fact that no mention of the Jurassic period is found in the bible.. and then lets mention the age of rocks and stars... and please do not bother quoting more scriptures here... The science forum does not really lend itself well to fairy tales. The post / this thread.. I will disqualify myself from.. I do not need for the want to insult. You know what I think. that was my only intention.
     

  22. #122  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    Waterman; It is not my intention to dissuade you from your path.. that is yours, and should be. Fine.
    Whatever you preyed and feel was granted are issues only you can equate. Unless you explain to the likes of me I will remain skeptical. If it was a medical issue perhaps the skill of medical staff.. No mater as I do not have knowledge of your experience. I can hardly offer wisdom. A little note to your point regarding Jesus. These apostles that collectively wrote of Jesus., and had their words interpreted as we read them now. I do not accept all I read as true. I see conflict and contradictions aplenty.. but as I just said to Samsmoot.. I will not comment regarding what you believe again.
     

  23. #123  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ It is interesting that after pouring over and closely examining post # 105. I for the life of me can not see where any Unicorn is spoken of.. I might conclude a ass, or a goat and even a horse or two.. No unicorns, sorry. What I do see is a unearthly amount of dribble. Without the slightest regard to this subject. Why 'DO' you believe in God, and that I do not. Sort of disqualifies me and my opinion a... nothing new here..
    10 Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will he harrow the valleys after thee?
    Samsmoot., I did see that, and interpret it as a Ox or Horse and the fact that different interpretations are part of the many issues of the Bible. I am just as miffed by the fact that no mention of the Jurassic period is found in the bible.. and then lets mention the age of rocks and stars... and please do not bother quoting more scriptures here... The science forum does not really lend itself well to fairy tales. The post / this thread.. I will disqualify myself from.. I do not need for the want to insult. You know what I think. that was my only intention.
    So I guess you won't be seeing me say that I think you are a cool dude and come across as very likeable.
    Last edited by samsmoot; April 10th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
    astromark and EOTD like this.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  24. #124  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ It's just that... 'Why do you believe ?' ~ and I do not.. and I am always aware and reading.. I never do block or reject. Thanks..
    samsmoot likes this.
     

  25. #125  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    27
    Beneath the surface of Mars there is an ancient teacup that sends me telepathic messages every tuesday at 14:35, UTC+6. You can't prove me wrong.
     

  26. #126  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Unununium View Post
    Beneath the surface of Mars there is an ancient teacup that sends me telepathic messages every tuesday at 14:35, UTC+6. You can't prove me wrong.
    Of course we can: all we have to do is show that your watch is slow.
    And then, if those messages come in at an actual time of 14:37, guess what - you're proven wrong.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  27. #127  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Unununium View Post
    Beneath the surface of Mars there is an ancient teacup that sends me telepathic messages every tuesday at 14:35, UTC+6. You can't prove me wrong.
    The teacup is having you on about being ancient as they didn't even exist until the 18th century. I wouldn't trust it if I were you.
    EOTD likes this.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  28. #128  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ and to this I would contribute.. That the concept ' Ancient teacup' is a entirely human construct. That as no human has been to mars. No taking of tea would have occurred there. Yet. No teacup, no telepathic proof shown or known, no message. Consult doctor for meds...
    samsmoot likes this.
     

  29. #129  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    27
    You will burn for all eternity for your blasphemy against His teachings.
     

  30. #130  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    samsmoot likes this.
     

  31. #131  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, he answered many of my prayers, some very specifically. I would have to be insane to not believe in him after what he did.
    Because, of course, you have established conclusively that whatever happened wouldn't have happened anyway.

    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence. Just because it is a religous book, doesn't mean it is false.
    Excellent!
    So Bilbo Baggins was also real. And Winnie the Pooh 1 etc...

    1 Trick question: he actually was.
    Those stories are intended to be fictional. The bible is not. It's either a lie, or the truth.
     

  32. #132  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    Waterman; It is not my intention to dissuade you from your path.. that is yours, and should be. Fine.
    Whatever you preyed and feel was granted are issues only you can equate. Unless you explain to the likes of me I will remain skeptical. If it was a medical issue perhaps the skill of medical staff.. No mater as I do not have knowledge of your experience. I can hardly offer wisdom. A little note to your point regarding Jesus. These apostles that collectively wrote of Jesus., and had their words interpreted as we read them now. I do not accept all I read as true. I see conflict and contradictions aplenty.. but as I just said to Samsmoot.. I will not comment regarding what you believe again.
    Well, I prayed to God recently for something to happen. Something specific, and something that isn't likely to happen. A few days later, it happened.
     

  33. #133  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    So, in your own words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    The bible is... either a lie, or the truth.
    Which sorta makes a mockery of your earlier claim that:
    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence.
    Doesn't it?

    Oh, and like I said: Winnie the Pooh DID exist.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  34. #134  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    So, in your own words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    The bible is... either a lie, or the truth.
    Which sorta makes a mockery of your earlier claim that:
    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence.
    Doesn't it?

    Oh, and like I said: Winnie the Pooh DID exist.
    And the same goes for all other history, it's either someone that wrote it to lie, or to record what happened. If you don't believe it, that's your problem.
     

  35. #135  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    And the same goes for all other history, it's either someone that wrote it to lie, or to record what happened. If you don't believe it, that's your problem.
    Nah.
    The problem here is that YOU are accepting extraordinary claims on the strength of one book.
    astromark likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  36. #136  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    astromark likes this.
     

  37. #137  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, I prayed to God recently for something to happen. Something specific, and something that isn't likely to happen. A few days later, it happened.
    "isn't likely to happen" is not the same as impossible.
    How do you know it was your god and not just random luck?
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  38. #138  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    So, in your own words:
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    The bible is... either a lie, or the truth.
    Which sorta makes a mockery of your earlier claim that:
    Also, the bible. It is evidence that Jesus was real. Someone wrote about Jesus in it. So it's evidence.
    Doesn't it?

    Oh, and like I said: Winnie the Pooh DID exist.
    And the same goes for all other history, it's either someone that wrote it to lie, or to record what happened. If you don't believe it, that's your problem.
    By making a claim, you have the burden of proof. Nobody on the planet has the resources, time or abilities to verify the millions of bold claims made every day; be it religion, ghosts, UFO's, psychokinesis, etc.

    Nobody has any obligation to prove your claim false, but you yourself HAVE to support your claim with actual evidence. Calling the Bible evidence is ridiculous, because the Bible is the very thing being disputed.
    astromark likes this.
     

  39. #139  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, I prayed to God recently for something to happen. Something specific, and something that isn't likely to happen. A few days later, it happened.
    Demonstrate predictability. It's a hallmark of a strong scientific principle.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  40. #140  
    Genius Idiot Rajnish Kaushik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    168
    i dont believe
    "Think like a man of action,act like a man of action"
    Henry Louis Bergson"
     

  41. #141  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    Is madrone a firewood?
     

  42. #142  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    Is madrone a firewood?
    Name a wood thats not potential firewood?
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
     

  43. #143  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    Is madrone a firewood?
    Name a wood thats not potential firewood?

    Morning wood.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  44. #144  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Petrified wood?
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  45. #145  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    Is madrone a firewood?
    Name a wood thats not potential firewood?
    Have you ever tried to discover why you are like you are?
     

  46. #146  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    Is madrone a firewood?
    Name a wood thats not potential firewood?
    Have you ever tried to discover why you are like you are?
    What do you feel I am, that i need to discover?
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
     

  47. #147  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Redundant?
    astromark likes this.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  48. #148  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    Madrone Tree, Madrona Tree, Arbutus Tree, Favorite Trees
    http://www.arbutusarts.com/madrone-tree.html
    Magnificent, dramatic, exciting, mystical, inspiring, magical, sensual ... these are some of the words people use to describe their favorite tree, the Madrone Tree ...

    I also see the name of a Art Gallery, or the possible implications that it's mad one... OH... I am none the less, happy to be thought of at all is a valued position. I thank you.
    samsmoot likes this.
     

  49. #149  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Well, I prayed to God recently for something to happen. Something specific, and something that isn't likely to happen. A few days later, it happened.
    This makes me think of prayer as a form of positive thinking. Not that I'm saying that your experience was that, Weterman - as positive thinking alone seems to fall short of explaining your experience.

    The right state of mind formed from the application of mental energy in order to apply attention towards a certain outcome seems little different to praying. Apart from the God bit. There's definitely some overlap, and practically may achieve similar results.

    As a Christian may be convinced of the efficacy of prayer, I am certain that mental self-trickery can work wonders.
    astromark likes this.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  50. #150  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    Mr Waterman said; That if I do not believe, that is my problem.. To this I must reply that I do not have a problem. This mention of a Jesus fellow and the proofs of his life as written.. and that I can offer other writings might enlighten him more if he were to expand his reading thus. I strive to be well read. That does not indicate I believe all that I read. Apparently even the Catholic Church recognises the existence of scriptures previously not included as biblical only by ignorance of them. Some research and not by U tube or the Discovery channel... I can claim that belief in all of the writings biblical is itself a closed mind to truths now known.
    The Planet Earth and all of it's environments are a great deal older than the recent history as found in the bible.
     

  51. #151  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    And the same goes for all other history, it's either someone that wrote it to lie, or to record what happened. If you don't believe it, that's your problem.
    Nah.
    The problem here is that YOU are accepting extraordinary claims on the strength of one book.
    There are other sources.

    Tacitus on Christ - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Josephus on Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    samsmoot likes this.
     

  52. #152  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "Burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have I inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did I put that decorum I have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    Is madrone a firewood?
    yep
     

  53. #153  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by cogito ergo sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by paleoichneum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ "burn for eternity" ... Hmmm.. Have i inadvertently stumbled onto a energy source ? Where did i put that decorum i have lost... Ahh here it is near the calm..
    are you madrone?
    is madrone a firewood?
    name a wood thats not potential firewood?

    morning wood.
    that is hilarious!!!!
     

  54. #154  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer.

    He died.

    I never prayed for my niece to be murder, wouldn't have mattered, as she was.

    I could add multiple others..

    Prayers are wishes....sometimes wishes come true, often they do not.

    However it always sounds good when one does.
     

  55. #155  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ We have been here, Recent weather has had a high cloud issue keeping the observatory roof shut.. When a Sister Dominique booked a class for a viewing session. I thought it would not happen. It cleared. Twas a great night. Was it divine intervention ? NO. It's called weather cos we do not know whether it will or won't.
    babe likes this.
     

  56. #156  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ We have been here, Recent weather has had a high cloud issue keeping the observatory roof shut.. When a Sister Dominique booked a class for a viewing session. I thought it would not happen. It cleared. Twas a great night. Was it divine intervention ? NO. It's called weather cos we do not know whether it will or won't.
    KERK

    you get a sunrise or sunset or you don't

    *chuckle*
    astromark likes this.
     

  57. #157  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ So, to the 'Waterman's' of this forum; Why do you ?, How can you ?..
     

  58. #158  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ So, to the 'Waterman's' of this forum; Why do you ?, How can you ?..
    for who do you

    I shall behave....
    astromark likes this.
     

  59. #159  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ So, to the 'Waterman's' of this forum; Why do you ?, How can you ?..
    for who do you

    I shall behave....
    Peace to you Babe.
    babe likes this.
     

  60. #160  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ So, to the 'Waterman's' of this forum; Why do you ?, How can you ?..
    How do I what?
     

  61. #161  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer.

    He died.

    I never prayed for my niece to be murder, wouldn't have mattered, as she was.

    I could add multiple others..

    Prayers are wishes....sometimes wishes come true, often they do not.

    However it always sounds good when one does.
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer. Also, if you don't believe in God, and you pray to him, you aren't praying.
     

  62. #162  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ We have been here, Recent weather has had a high cloud issue keeping the observatory roof shut.. When a Sister Dominique booked a class for a viewing session. I thought it would not happen. It cleared. Twas a great night. Was it divine intervention ? NO. It's called weather cos we do not know whether it will or won't.
    Who says that God does everything for us?
     

  63. #163  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer.
    Yet it's okay to claim God is real because you made a prayer which came true?
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  64. #164  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    4,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer.
    Yet it's okay to claim God is real because you made a prayer which came true?
    Is some coincidence such as an answered prayer the last requirement for full belief to take hold? Is not the person doing the praying subconsciously looking for proof of a deity? Yes there are certain prayers that will never get answered, so does one purposely seek out a prayer that might have a chance of coming true?
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
     

  65. #165  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer.
    Yet it's okay to claim God is real because you made a prayer which came true?
    Is some coincidence such as an answered prayer the last requirement for full belief to take hold? Is not the person doing the praying subconsciously looking for proof of a deity? Yes there are certain prayers that will never get answered, so does one purposely seek out a prayer that might have a chance of coming true?
    Say a prayer that will never get answered? Show me an example?
     

  66. #166  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer.
    Yet it's okay to claim God is real because you made a prayer which came true?
    Is some coincidence such as an answered prayer the last requirement for full belief to take hold? Is not the person doing the praying subconsciously looking for proof of a deity? Yes there are certain prayers that will never get answered, so does one purposely seek out a prayer that might have a chance of coming true?
    Say a prayer that will never get answered? Show me an example?

    Simple:
    "Dear [insert deity (or deities) here], I beg you, do not answer this prayer."
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  67. #167  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zinjanthropos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer.
    Yet it's okay to claim God is real because you made a prayer which came true?
    Is some coincidence such as an answered prayer the last requirement for full belief to take hold? Is not the person doing the praying subconsciously looking for proof of a deity? Yes there are certain prayers that will never get answered, so does one purposely seek out a prayer that might have a chance of coming true?
    Say a prayer that will never get answered? Show me an example?

    Simple:
    "Dear [insert deity (or deities) here], I beg you, do not answer this prayer."
    What about another one
     

  68. #168  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Simple:
    "Dear [insert deity (or deities) here], I beg you, do not answer this prayer."
    What about another one

    Sure.
    "Dear [insert deity (or deities) here], I beg you, I pray to you that you do not let me finish my sentence."
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  69. #169  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ So, to the 'Waterman's' of this forum; Why do you ?, How can you ?..
    How do I what?
    ~ and the depth of your understanding is exposed... what is the heading of this thread ?
    You are not a nine year old. I would have hoped you were able to answer a open question.
     

  70. #170  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Simple:
    "Dear [insert deity (or deities) here], I beg you, do not answer this prayer."
    What about another one

    Sure.
    "Dear [insert deity (or deities) here], I beg you, I pray to you that you do not let me finish my sentence."
    I looked and found you had put in a full-stop so it does look like you finished that sentence but no doubt there will come a day you don't get that far.
    I asked of you "Say a prayer that will never get answered? Show me an example?" It seems that my request is going "never answered".
     

  71. #171  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I looked and found you had put in a full-stop so it does look like you finished that sentence but no doubt there will come a day you don't get that far.
    I asked of you "Say a prayer that will never get answered? Show me an example?" It seems that my request is going "never answered".

    I concur that my second example is not a good one.

    However, how does one distinguish sheer coincidence from divine intervention?
    It was already asked in post #137, and that is a point that ought to be addressed first.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  72. #172  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I looked and found you had put in a full-stop so it does look like you finished that sentence but no doubt there will come a day you don't get that far.
    I asked of you "Say a prayer that will never get answered? Show me an example?" It seems that my request is going "never answered".

    I concur that my second example is not a good one.

    However, how does one distinguish sheer coincidence from divine intervention?
    It was already asked in post #137, and that is a point that ought to be addressed first.
    The answer that Jesus would have given you would be something like the following (and as a vet it has always bothered me): "look at the birds".
    King James Version
    Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
    New International Version
    Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
    Now you'd think it seems rather random what a bird finds to eat. Look at the birds who feed on the road, on all the bugs that have been killed by the cars overnight, but then fly off in the wrong way when the Lord passes by. Splatter, thud. Why do the ones he feeds choose the wrong direction?
     

  73. #173  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    ~ So, to the 'Waterman's' of this forum; Why do you ?, How can you ?..
    How do I what?
    ~ and the depth of your understanding is exposed... what is the heading of this thread ?
    You are not a nine year old. I would have hoped you were able to answer a open question.
    Your question is vague.
     

  74. #174  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    The answer that Jesus would have given you would be something like the following (and as a vet it has always bothered me): "look at the birds".
    King James Version
    Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
    New International Version
    Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
    Now you'd think it seems rather random what a bird finds to eat. Look at the birds who feed on the road, on all the bugs that have been killed by the cars overnight, but then fly off in the wrong way when the Lord passes by. Splatter, thud. Why do the ones he feeds choose the wrong direction?

    I cannot answer that question.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
     

  75. #175  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogito Ergo Sum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    The answer that Jesus would have given you would be something like the following (and as a vet it has always bothered me): "look at the birds".
    King James Version
    Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
    New International Version
    Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
    Now you'd think it seems rather random what a bird finds to eat. Look at the birds who feed on the road, on all the bugs that have been killed by the cars overnight, but then fly off in the wrong way when the Lord passes by. Splatter, thud. Why do the ones he feeds choose the wrong direction?

    I cannot answer that question.
    Of course you can. It has to do with intelligence and not just following the others. Sparrows seem to be dumber than the starlings who just step aside while the cars go past but the sparrows will fly in the same directions as it's mates right across the path of the car.

    Then the hawks come along and feed on the carcasses, and also get run over for they just focus excessively on the food. But a hawk's carcase just remains there till its pulverized by the passing vehicles.

    As Jesus said "consider the birds".
     

  76. #176  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer.

    He died.

    I never prayed for my niece to be murder, wouldn't have mattered, as she was.

    I could add multiple others..

    Prayers are wishes....sometimes wishes come true, often they do not.

    However it always sounds good when one does.
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer. Also, if you don't believe in God, and you pray to him, you aren't praying.
    WHY?

    If "god" is all knowing, why wouldn't she know if someone was "praying" to her?

    As I said, I made a wish, which is all a "prayer" is.

    As for crying because I made a wish and a fictitious character didn't give me an answer, well, I didn't expect one. A wish is a wish.
     

  77. #177  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer.

    He died.

    I never prayed for my niece to be murder, wouldn't have mattered, as she was.

    I could add multiple others..

    Prayers are wishes....sometimes wishes come true, often they do not.

    However it always sounds good when one does.
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer. Also, if you don't believe in God, and you pray to him, you aren't praying.
    WHY?

    If "god" is all knowing, why wouldn't she know if someone was "praying" to her?

    As I said, I made a wish, which is all a "prayer" is.

    As for crying because I made a wish and a fictitious character didn't give me an answer, well, I didn't expect one. A wish is a wish.
    And when the 12 apostles were sent out to pray for the sick there were some cases they couldn't cure. So don't be put off by your experience "Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer".

    What would Jesus say in that case, "you'd need a lot of prayer and fasting, to get that one to work".

    If it was just a matter of making a wish the whole world would be cured. I have not yet mastered miracles either.
     

  78. #178  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer.

    He died.

    I never prayed for my niece to be murder, wouldn't have mattered, as she was.

    I could add multiple others..

    Prayers are wishes....sometimes wishes come true, often they do not.

    However it always sounds good when one does.
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer. Also, if you don't believe in God, and you pray to him, you aren't praying.
    WHY?

    If "god" is all knowing, why wouldn't she know if someone was "praying" to her?

    As I said, I made a wish, which is all a "prayer" is.

    As for crying because I made a wish and a fictitious character didn't give me an answer, well, I didn't expect one. A wish is a wish.
    And when the 12 apostles were sent out to pray for the sick there were some cases they couldn't cure. So don't be put off by your experience "Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer".

    What would Jesus say in that case, "you'd need a lot of prayer and fasting, to get that one to work".

    If it was just a matter of making a wish the whole world would be cured. I have not yet mastered miracles either.
    I stand by what I believe. A prayer is nothing more than a wish. If you wish to insert a deity, it still remains a wish.
    Flick Montana likes this.
     

  79. #179  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer.

    He died.

    I never prayed for my niece to be murder, wouldn't have mattered, as she was.

    I could add multiple others..

    Prayers are wishes....sometimes wishes come true, often they do not.

    However it always sounds good when one does.
    Don't cry that God isn't real, because he said no to a prayer. Also, if you don't believe in God, and you pray to him, you aren't praying.
    WHY?

    If "god" is all knowing, why wouldn't she know if someone was "praying" to her?

    As I said, I made a wish, which is all a "prayer" is.

    As for crying because I made a wish and a fictitious character didn't give me an answer, well, I didn't expect one. A wish is a wish.
    And when the 12 apostles were sent out to pray for the sick there were some cases they couldn't cure. So don't be put off by your experience "Well, dang...I prayed that my BIL wouldn't die of brain cancer".

    What would Jesus say in that case, "you'd need a lot of prayer and fasting, to get that one to work".

    If it was just a matter of making a wish the whole world would be cured. I have not yet mastered miracles either.
    I stand by what I believe. A prayer is nothing more than a wish. If you wish to insert a deity, it still remains a wish.
    I didn't disagree about that. But how to get the prayer or wish to happen, that is the tricky bit. What makes the difference?
     

  80. #180  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    But how to get the prayer or wish to happen, that is the tricky bit. What makes the difference?
    Whether you are a True Scotsman or not.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  81. #181  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    But how to get the prayer or wish to happen, that is the tricky bit. What makes the difference?
    Whether you are a True Scotsman or not.
    You can always tell a true Scotsman. I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
     

  82. #182  
    Forum Senior samsmoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    But you are very spirited.
    Scientists and religionists can be easily differentiated: one lot is arrogant, irascible and disdainful, the other believes in God.
     

  83. #183  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    How about cognac?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  84. #184  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    So the question is presented; When you pray, who are you conversing with ?
    and to your answer. Do you have proofs of this other than within your own mind ?
    The greater the understanding of the sciences, So religious belief falls silent.
     

  85. #185  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    How about cognac?
    I don't drink but thanks for the offer.
     

  86. #186  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    How about cognac?
    I don't drink but thanks for the offer.
    Yeah, point missed...
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  87. #187  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    So the question is presented; When you pray, who are you conversing with ?
    and to your answer. Do you have proofs of this other than within your own mind ?
    The greater the understanding of the sciences, So religious belief falls silent.
    In my experience - You could put yourself in a state where you try and send your thoughts right to His presence. I try and project my thoughts to be with God, as someone said to be in the Heavenly Throne Room. OK it is still inside your head but your thought patterns alter.
    I think they have done CAT scans that demonstrated the different brainwave patterns whilst praying. There could be a science to it.
     

  88. #188  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sealeaf View Post
    That's interesting because unicorns have been proven to exist. Rhinoseri, Narwhales, some types of beetles all exihbit the defining characteristic of having only one horn.
    That's called "moving the goal posts".
    It's definitely a "goal posts" issue. When dealing with ancient lore, how much precision do we expect? If we're after absolute precision, then one and only one of the many flavors of Xianity and/or Islam can be true because if god turns out to exist, but they are wrong about even one doctrine, then their claim to have known of God's existence would be forfeit.


    The legends of Centaurs were almost certainly inspired by Greek people encountering a tribe that had mastered horse back riding at a time when the rest of the world only knew how to use horses to pull chariots. They certainly would have seemed to be half man and half horse to someone who had never imagined a horse allowing someone to ride it in a way where the two act as one.

    Centaur - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The Griffon legend appears to have been inspired by people finding the bones of protoceratops. Creatures with the body of a lion (approximately), but the head of a bird (approximately.)

    Protoceratops - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    So looking at this:


    Quote Originally Posted by pineapples View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I'm sorry I even mentioned unicorns. This thread is going to turn into Ancient Aliens now, isn't it?
    Did somebody mention unicorns?



    Online Dictionary –
    God: (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.
    Unicorn: a mythical animal typically represented as a horse with a single straight horn projecting from its forehead.

    There's plenty of difference comparing a god to a unicorn, but both have one thing in common – neither share evidence to exist.
    Some theists claim the Bible is evidence for God, or the Big Bang, Abiogenesis etc. But I think those type of claims are probably not much different to claiming hoof tracking's found on a field belong to unicorns?
    I don't see any reason why the unicorn myth would not have been a result of someone seeing a Rhinoceros and then forgetting to mention the part about it being fat.

    If we set our goalposts too close to absolute precision, then we can't hardly learn anything from ancient legends. The world would never have found the ruins of the City of Troy, if someone hadn't been willing to take a somewhat less-than-skeptical approach to Homer's tragedy. But I'm sure the ruins aren't exactly identical to the city depicted in the legend in every single last possible detail.

    Troy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    samsmoot likes this.
    Some clocks are only right twice a day, but they are still right when they are right.
     

  89. #189  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    How about cognac?
    I don't drink but thanks for the offer.
    Yeah, point missed...
    Ducks aren't true Scotsmen.
     

  90. #190  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    But you are very spirited.
    When the atheists report me to the moderators for "claiming to be Jesus Christ" I know I'm well on my way.
     

  91. #191  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    But you are very spirited.
    When the atheists report me to the moderators for "claiming to be Jesus Christ" I know I'm well on my way.
    ~ and that a spirited argument is to be encouraged.. You are safe Roberttybob. In New Zealand you can not register a name as Jesus.. or Lord, or even King or Prince.. ~ ♪ Where do we go to my sunshine ♪ ♫
    samsmoot likes this.
     

  92. #192  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by samsmoot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    I don't have any claim on being Scotch.
    But you are very spirited.
    When the atheists report me to the moderators for "claiming to be Jesus Christ" I know I'm well on my way.
    ~ and that a spirited argument is to be encouraged.. You are safe Roberttybob. In New Zealand you can not register a name as Jesus.. or Lord, or even King or Prince.. ~ ♪ Where do we go to my sunshine ♪ ♫
    Lorde is pretty good.
    astromark likes this.
     

  93. #193  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    I didn't disagree about that. But how to get the prayer or wish to happen, that is the tricky bit. What makes the difference?
    nothing..a wish is wish is a wish is a wish...a prayer is a wish with a different name...means nothing...you can't make a wish or a prayer come true...they are the same.... something out our what I call "souls" for lack of a better word....but a wish is a wish is a wish is a wish!
    astromark likes this.
     

  94. #194  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,015
    ~ From within my mind = soul. I have a issue with a understanding of soul... but I do agree
    On a wing and a prayer or wish and a dream.. I still do dreaming.
     

  95. #195  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    I didn't disagree about that. But how to get the prayer or wish to happen, that is the tricky bit. What makes the difference?
    nothing..a wish is wish is a wish is a wish...a prayer is a wish with a different name...means nothing...you can't make a wish or a prayer come true...they are the same.... something out our what I call "souls" for lack of a better word....but a wish is a wish is a wish is a wish!
    Thanks Babe. I wish, and I pray but to me they are different, certainly in expectation.
     

  96. #196  
    Forum Senior Weterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Canada Saskatchewan
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    So the question is presented; When you pray, who are you conversing with ?
    and to your answer. Do you have proofs of this other than within your own mind ?
    The greater the understanding of the sciences, So religious belief falls silent.
    I talk to God in my head. I don't have proof.

    But was there proof that the earth goes around the sun? No, there was evidence.

    No one believed the evidence, but that didn't change the fact that it was evidence. Galileo was right, and all he had was evidence, not proof.



    There is evidence that God is real. The evidence is Jesus. People claim to have seen him, and they have no reason to lie. You are just being ignorant if you discard the evidence that Jesus is real.

    Jesus is evidence that God is real. Not proof.


    Galileo didn't have proof, he had evidence.


    You are comparable to the people who arrested Galileo. No proof, so it isn't real.
     

  97. #197  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Weterman View Post
    I talk to God in my head. I don't have proof.
    In other words you believe that you do so.
    You don't actually do so.

    There is evidence that God is real. The evidence is Jesus. People claim to have seen him, and they have no reason to lie. You are just being ignorant if you discard the evidence that Jesus is real.
    And here you display, once again, YOUR ignorance.
    There may have been a person called Jesus 1, but - and this is where your "logic" falls down - there is no evidence whatsoever that the stories about him are ture.
    Even IF he did perform the supposed miracles claimed for him, that STILL wouldn't be evidence for god - unless you can rule out pixies, fairies and whatever other supernatural things I can call to mind.

    Jesus is evidence that God is real.
    Not. Even. Close.


    1 There is some doubt over the historicity of the Jesus of the Bible.
    babe likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  98. #198  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    13,149
    Sir Ducky Is CORRECT!

    THERE IS NO "PROOF" that Jesus really existed.

    The Bible is a book, written by men and most of it stories with foundation of "proof".
     

  99. #199  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,138
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Sir Ducky Is CORRECT!

    THERE IS NO "PROOF" that Jesus really existed.

    The Bible is a book, written by men and most of it stories with foundation of "proof".
    Do you really think the whole Christian story is based on a lie? No way!
     

  100. #200  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Robittybob1 View Post
    Do you really think the whole Christian story is based on a lie?
    Or delusion.
    Or myth taken as fact.
    Why do you not give the same credence to Greek & Roman stories of gods? Or Norse? Or Egyptian?
    Maybe Bird Woman and Coyote are waiting to eat your soul when you die for not worshipping them.

    No way!
    Because...?
    Last edited by Dywyddyr; April 14th, 2014 at 11:43 PM.
    Flick Montana and babe like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: December 30th, 2013, 08:17 AM
  2. God is either everything, or God is nothing. Vote!
    By mike328 in forum Scientific Study of Religion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 19th, 2012, 01:51 PM
  3. Mrs. God says God is a one woman God. No Mary thank you.
    By Greatest I am in forum Scientific Study of Religion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •