Notices
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 201 to 288 of 288

Thread: ANY Question IN ISLAM Say It HERE

  1. #201 Re: Islam 
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoscientist
    Right, right. I'm also looking at Agent Orange and Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I wonder which twisted religion those were a direct result of.
    None. I thought agent orange was a direct result of political issues (Idealogical differences). Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a consequence of your country being subject to a unprovoked attack by a country which would never surrender. They had sod-all to do with religion.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #202 Re: Islam 
    Forum Freshman pseudoscientist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1981(England)
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoscientist
    Right, right. I'm also looking at Agent Orange and Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I wonder which twisted religion those were a direct result of.
    None. I thought agent orange was a direct result of political issues (Idealogical differences). Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a consequence of your country being subject to a unprovoked attack by a country which would never surrender. They had sod-all to do with religion.
    Excellent. In case you didn't get it, I was trying to point out that perhaps religion isn't really the problem here. People will find an excuse to hate and to kill each other no matter what. If some people choose to kill in the name of God or Allah or whatever, it doesn't mean that their religion is backward or violent; the people are.

    It would also be nice if we all could realize that someone's faith is not an accurate measure of his/her predicament. Faith is just one of the many environmental factors that influence people; we should also take into account the rest of the those factors and maybe something called "genetics." This is, after all, a science forum.

    I have met many many many Muslims in my life, but I talked to only one of them about their religion. She was a college student and seemed intellectually reliable, so let me pass on to you what she had told me: Islam is a peaceful religion. Please learn more about it before you start accusing it to be anything but. That sentence applies to just about everything else, by the way, not just to a sadly still-obscure religion like Islam.
    "Let's all be friends!" -- Barney (the dinosaur)
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...coexistkf4.jpg

    I'm ashamed of your public display of ignorance.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #203  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    934
    Well i didn't get it

    People will find an excuse to hate and to kill each other no matter what.
    If this is true, and i have to say i agree with you. How do you propose we react to the aggression they direct at us ?

    ----Edit----

    I would also like to add, it's not there religion itself thats the problem (for me anyway) It's the differences of culture, the people that live in my own country with no respect for my way of life or beliefs.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #204  
    Forum Junior Bettina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoscientist
    Right, right. I'm also looking at Agent Orange and Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I wonder which twisted religion those were a direct result of.
    Pseudoscientist.... your speaking to the choir. I detest my country for what it did to Japan, I detest the fact that we keep throwing it in their faces with movies like TORA, TORA, TORA, and PEARL HARBOR that I refused to see. When I first read about the atomic bomb I was horrified by what we did. I had visions of a young japanese mother walking with her two kids to school then being incinerated along with her baby. I wonder how many babies we killed.

    Hiroshima and Nagasaki was nothing more than a deliberate killing of thousands of innocent civilians in schools, homes, and parks. We didn't do it to end the war, we did it to test the bomb on a live target before the war ended. I wasn't fooled about what I read in my history book and still think we should dismantle the Enola Gay and bury it.

    I wonder what America would think, for example, if the Japanese would make a movie about Hiroshima in a John Cameron fashion. I wonder how many US senators would cry foul.... It wasn't religion that killed the Japanese, it was twisted U.S. polititions.

    Oh, and I have the same attitude about Islam... Its not a peaceful religion.

    Bettina
    Emotionally based life form. The Fword will get you on my ignore list.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #205  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,804
    I don't think it took too much imagintion to figure the A-bomb would cause a lot of death and destruction. It's part of war, something our species is good at. I can't summarily dismiss the Japanese role in WWII and lay the heavy loss of life burden solely on the Americans. If dropping the bomb was bad then Blitzkrieg or any other new weapon or procedure is no different. If I attack you with biplanes, and you fire back with jet fighters then do I get upset with the government?

    There's no place for chivalry in armed conflict. To the best of my knowledge, no group of combatants has ever surrendered to a new weapon before it gets used, even if they know its capabilities. National pride, patriotism, honor or whatever you want to call it usually guarantees someone, usually the loser, will feel first hand the affects of new superior weaponry.

    Why should the battlefield be a place where each side fights each other with equal resources? That scenario would be more deadlier than the alternative. Do you think someone wants to go to war with nukes when the other side is quite capable of retaliation if they are likewise equipped. Suppose somebody develops a foolproof method of neutralizing your nukes, would you go to war with them? Unfortunately somebody will if history repeats itself. If my country obliterates yours after staving off atomic attack then should I feel sorry?
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #206  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettina

    Oh, and I have the same attitude about Islam... Its not a peaceful religion.

    Bettina

    Me too, i keep hearing its a peacful religion but don't believe it, to me its more like a cult than a religion, what other religion threatens death(and carry it out too)for people who leave it? Its not like other religions who say "if you leave bad things will happen in the after life", these guys do it in this one
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #207  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    That is really fantastic i will not say why because of not to be banned.

    I want to say that your life and your habits make you blind so you cant judge the matters well...some others try to get some proofs who dont understand them.

    All people in the west look to thier style of life which was invented during the last 100 years as ideal style...

    you pulled also all the world to your style and said this is the civilization...why we have to apply your style????

    you want to enjoy yourselves in this life...but did we come to this life for this reason????????

    to have sex ,nudity,gay or lesbian and do everything to enjoy ourselves.in this case we will be like animals...

    of course humans have a great goals in this life....some people here are fighting fighting and fighting although they dont like god or believe in him they want to enjoy themselves all time like animals to feel this great feeling in thier Nerve cells because of that chemicals go through these cells.

    I want here to talk with the people who believe in GOD the creator of this universe who have good morals...If you dont believe in GOD we have to talk first about GOD before talking about Islam..

    You have to believe in GOD first before talking about Islam..I found also some members who dont believe in thier religion (christianity) who are fighting against Islam... this means that they dont believe in GOD..

    many facts in shria you will find them in the bible and torah..can you tell me why the sisters in the monestry wears hijab to cover thier hair like muslim women????????

    why they cover thier beautful hair???????

    why we see all Rabbis with long beards like muslims????

    the answer because God ALLAH ordered them to do so.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #208  
    Guest
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #209  
    Cooking Something Good MacGyver1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2,051
    Welcome back Prof....I guess you left ole' MB speechless.

    You do make a good point. Westerners do believe their way of life is best....just as Muslims believe their way is best. I guess when we die we'll find out who was right....
    Fixin' shit that ain't broke.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #210  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver1968
    Welcome back Prof....I guess you left ole' MB speechless.

    You do make a good point. Westerners do believe their way of life is best....just as Muslims believe their way is best. I guess when we die we'll find out who was right....
    you are right but did we come to this life to enjoy ourselves like animals as the west see???

    of course no..we have greater goals in this life.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #211  
    Guest
    Some nay most in the west consider the butchery of their fellow citizens as animal behaviour, especially where only 'moral' crime (causing no actual harm to person or property) is involved.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #212  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Some nay most in the west consider the butchery of their fellow citizens as animal behaviour, especially where only 'moral' crime (causing no actual harm to person or property) is involved.
    hahhaa here you started again !!!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #213  
    Guest
    Ok I'll try and put it in a language you can undrestand

    HAHAHA you muslims all very funny ignorer western arguments Allah [praise be to the almighty] he have good sense of humour to keep you making HAHAHAHAHA!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #214  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    many fellows fight Islam without thinking of it.. do you know why????


    this people think that Islam is dangerous idiology like communism..this shows how they are ignorant


    communism is invented by people (jewish thinkers)

    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #215  
    Guest
    HAHAHA you funny.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #216  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    many fellows fight Islam without thinking of it.. do you know why????


    this people think that Islam is dangerous idiology like communism..this shows how they are ignorant


    communism is invented by people (jewish thinkers)

    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    Communism is invented by jewish thinkers ? Right, so Karl Marx was Jewish was he ?

    Islam is created by ALLAH ??

    What, like: ALLAH DA BOLLOCKS. ?

    I found a copy of the Quran once when in Afghanistan, it came in very handy as we had run out of toilet paper.
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #217  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw

    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.

    well allah's will must be to allow many of his followers to kill many others followers,
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #218  
    Guest
    I have a question...why are we all speaking english when the title clearly says "ask it in islam" (aka: arabic)?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #219  
    Forum Ph.D. Nevyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    I can, am and will fight the will of the Allah, i must say i am doing it quite succesfully as well, i havent been struck down yet.

    Give me proof that Allah created Islam and that it's not the writings of a raving madman. (the Qu'ran dosn't count)
    Come see some of my art work at http://nevyn-pendragon.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #220  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    I can, am and will fight the will of the Allah, i must say i am doing it quite succesfully as well, i havent been struck down yet.

    Give me proof that Allah created Islam and that it's not the writings of a raving madman. (the Qu'ran dosn't count)

    so you are brave Right??? are you ready to burn in hill in high tempreatures maybe more than 1500 C???

    I am sure you will not be able to put a small match of fire under your small finger until it became black like coal.

    the proof is Quraan was a miracle in its langauge even the greatest Linguists in this age or any age said they cant bring something like this

    thousands of people tried to presesnt something like Quraan but they failed. one of them was american he make himself like a fool :-D

    the proof is millions and millions of scientific miracles in Quraan we just discover everyday some of them ..everyday I see with my eyes great scientists come from all over the world to enter Islam here in egypt because they discovered just one vesre in this quraan.

    the proof is I didnt see until now good religion like Islam..All religions were corrupted but Islam still standing and will stand forever ..althogh we find many people wrote the bible we find only just one copy of quraan ..

    Bible was wrote after the death of jesus (peace upon him) but Quraan was written in the life of great Prophet Mohamed (Alihe Al-salato Wa Aslam).

    He told us that he is human like all people ..so He didnt say he is god like what christians said about jesus.

    Jihad this word which make the west fear from Islam and hate it.although we find prophet King solomon a great jihadist trying to spread the religion in all over the world.



    Many famous people entered Islam what about the people who are not famous


    I can give you links to many people who converted to Islam...All people know the great black american muslim boxer Mohamed Ali..why he entered Islam????

    what the success he gained when he entered Islam???
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #221  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    many fellows fight Islam without thinking of it.. do you know why????


    this people think that Islam is dangerous idiology like communism..this shows how they are ignorant


    communism is invented by people (jewish thinkers)

    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    Communism is invented by jewish thinkers ? Right, so Karl Marx was Jewish was he ?

    Islam is created by ALLAH ??

    What, like: ALLAH DA BOLLOCKS. ?

    I found a copy of the Quran once when in Afghanistan, it came in very handy as we had run out of toilet paper.

    Karl Heinrich Marx was born as the third child of seven children of a Jewish family in Trier, in the Rhineland region of Germany
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx#Education
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #222  
    Forum Junior Bettina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    I can, am and will fight the will of the Allah, i must say i am doing it quite succesfully as well, i havent been struck down yet.

    Give me proof that Allah created Islam and that it's not the writings of a raving madman. (the Qu'ran dosn't count)
    Me too. I can, and will fight "Allahs will" so I can live a normal life. A life without killings and torture from his teachings.

    Bettina
    Emotionally based life form. The Fword will get you on my ignore list.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #223  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettina
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    I can, am and will fight the will of the Allah, i must say i am doing it quite succesfully as well, i havent been struck down yet.

    Give me proof that Allah created Islam and that it's not the writings of a raving madman. (the Qu'ran dosn't count)
    Me too. I can, and will fight "Allahs will" so I can live a normal life. A life without killings and torture from his teachings.

    Bettina
    what is wrong with you bettina????
    did you read my last posts ??????

    Did we come to this life to enjoy ourselves like animals to feel this amazing feeling in our nerve cells????

    We are trying to defend ourselves....ask yourself who came in the 19th century and invaded ourlands to make it english and frensh terttories....
    and killed thousands of my grandfathers and still want to help Isreal now to build her state in arab lands with the military power.

    those jewish who come from all over the world although religion dont have a state as we have here many christian brothers and friends who live with us...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #224  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    this people think that Islam is dangerous idiology like communism..this shows how they are ignorant
    No communism was a good idea, but as with most dictatorships, you always get some tosser in all the influential positions of government. So i guess it is a good comparison.

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    those jewish who come from all over the world although religion dont have a state as we have here many christian brothers and friends who live with us...
    I could give you some links to disprove the above, but it would be easier for you to paste this into google "christians in muslim countries".

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    the proof is I didnt see until now good religion like Islam..All religions were corrupted but Islam still standing and will stand forever ..althogh we find many people wrote the bible we find only just one copy of quraan ..
    Yep, only one copy of the koran. This book was written by some arsehole 1500 years ago and has not changed since. If mohammad was alive today he would be in prison for a long time as what he claimed and preached go against a lot of what we believe in today. And yet, you muslims are still reading it and believing the pile of crap. It's a book that has not changed for 1500 years, it's out of date, it has not moved with the rest of humanity.

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    I can give you links to many people who converted to Islam...All people know the great black american muslim boxer Mohamed Ali..why he entered Islam????
    Yes, why did he become a muslim.

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    No islam was created by a raving lunatic, also, your right you can't fight the will of god because he does not exist.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #225  
    Guest
    just to be clear: Mohammad Ali became a Muslim as a publicity act. You have no idea how much he benefited from that image.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #226  
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    934
    That's right, and i think he's regretting it now.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #227  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    profaw wrote:
    so you are brave Right??? are you ready to burn in hill in high tempreatures maybe more than 1500 C???

    I am sure you will not be able to put a small match of fire under your small finger until it became black like coal.
    If you call someone who are ready to burn in high temperature a brave man, then I would say you are stupid (at least).

    the proof is millions and millions of scientific miracles in Quraan we just discover everyday
    Newton did not discover gravity by reading the Quraan. Maxwell, Planck, Curie, Einstein didn't, either. The only person I can think of that Quraan (may) help is the president of Iran, who make atomic bomb from nuclear power plant.

    All religions were corrupted but Islam still standing and will stand forever
    Be careful when you use the word 'All'. How many religions do you really know?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #228  
    Guest
    [quote="prasit"]
    The only person I can think of that Quraan (may) help is the president of Iran, who make atomic bomb from nuclear power plant.
    [quote]

    Let's just hope the Qu'ran is the only book they are allowed to use to make it. :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #229  
    Forum Ph.D. Nevyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    so you are brave Right??? are you ready to burn in hill in high tempreatures maybe more than 1500 C???
    Give me proof, that just sounds like most religions, "Pray to me or you'll burn in hell" seems to be a major phrase in a lot of religions. God's are suppose to be benevolent, what a pile of HS

    I am sure you will not be able to put a small match of fire under your small finger until it became black like coal.
    sure, i'll try it under the ocean :-D , I am a Buddhist, i have been training to deal with pain for years now. And besides, i'd much rather put the match out

    the proof is Quraan was a miracle in its langauge even the greatest Linguists in this age or any age said they cant bring something like this
    When this is put in understandable english i will reply

    thousands of people tried to presesnt something like Quraan but they failed. one of them was american he make himself like a fool :-D
    again can this be put in understandable english, though if you are talking about other holy books, ever heared of the Bible?

    the proof is millions and millions of scientific miracles in Quraan we just discover everyday some of them ..everyday I see with my eyes great scientists come from all over the world to enter Islam here in egypt because they discovered just one vesre in this quraan.
    That seems to be a contradiction in itself, scientific miracles in a religious book? and as for scientists entering islam, people change there religion with the coming of the seasons, it's just like saying many scientists have converted to christianity.

    the proof is I didnt see until now good religion like Islam..All religions were corrupted but Islam still standing and will stand forever ..althogh we find many people wrote the bible we find only just one copy of quraan ..
    prove it. As far as i can see, you religious people are arrogant and think that your religion is better than everyone elses just because you are there.

    I can give you links to many people who converted to Islam...All people know the great black american muslim boxer Mohamed Ali..why he entered Islam????
    publicity

    what the success he gained when he entered Islam???
    publicity
    Come see some of my art work at http://nevyn-pendragon.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #230  
    Forum Freshman Jellybird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    66
    Give me proof, that just sounds like most religions, "Pray to me or you'll burn in hell" seems to be a major phrase in a lot of religions. God's are suppose to be benevolent, what a pile of HS
    yes, sounds like a loving God(!) Plus, it sounds like people are forced into religion because they are taught to belive in God or they go to hell and the descriptions of that are made really terrible.
    the proof is I didnt see until now good religion like Islam..All religions were corrupted but Islam still standing and will stand forever ..althogh we find many people wrote the bible we find only just one copy of quraan ..
    who says all other religions are corrupted? Christianity is still standing and may well stand forever.
    As far as i can see, you religious people are arrogant and think that your religion is better than everyone elses just because you are there.
    Indeed, dont all religions say something like "This is the one and only religion, and everything else is wrong and this is the one and only God"? They cant all be the one and only!! So which God is the true God?? To me it just sounds like different people follow differents cults and of course they would say they are "the one and only".
    the proof is millions and millions of scientific miracles in Quraan we just discover everyday some of them ..everyday I see with my eyes great scientists come from all over the world to enter Islam here in egypt because they discovered just one vesre in this quraan.
    Scientific miracles???? where???? I bet the "miracles" that were described in holy books can be explained using science. Do miracles evn happen nowadays??? Some teacher once told me that miracles that are written in holy books can be explained as being alligorical and not actually ever happening. Its all meant to be symbolic. So if thats true, how can we know that everything else is historical fact?
    Yep, only one copy of the koran. This book was written by some arsehole 1500 years ago and has not changed since. If mohammad was alive today he would be in prison for a long time as what he claimed and preached go against a lot of what we believe in today. And yet, you muslims are still reading it and believing the pile of crap. It's a book that has not changed for 1500 years, it's out of date, it has not moved with the rest of humanity.
    #
    YES!! the world has moved on and people are still believing the ideas of people of 2000 years ago. Imagine you found a 2000 year old book that said the earth is flat. Now we know that it isnt so we arent going to believe it, so why believe the holy books????
    In school in history lessons i always seem to get the impression that when people refused to accept new ideas and move on, it halted progress.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #231 no way 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    25
    I will never want to be Islam, I don't want anyone to know my future, I don't want to worship anyone except for my teachers (in school) who can teach the truth with reason.
    Also to your kowledge, Mr.Prof do you know anything called Kuryana? I guess you should know. This explains everything about how Islam came. If you do an extensive study in religions, this could be found.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #232 Re: no way 
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilan
    I will never want to be Islam, I don't want anyone to know my future, I don't want to worship anyone except for my teachers (in school) who can teach the truth with reason.
    Also to your kowledge, Mr.Prof do you know anything called Kuryana? I guess you should know. This explains everything about how Islam came. If you do an extensive study in religions, this could be found.
    Do you know that humans didn`t invent a robot which can move or think like humans all this great technology we have failed to build a small Robot like man so the question now who invented you with this great smart design????


    Some will say Oh..it is Evolution :? so why we didn`t see a new race of superhumans...I find everyday that humans became shorter than ancient people and less stronger so where is the evolution????

    I think you have to know that there is a god who designed you like this.can you give me the definition of this word (Biomimtica)..try to ask your professors :wink:

    what is Kuryana I think you wrote it wrong check your spelling
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #233  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    43
    I'm from a country where Islam is the official religion. As far as i know of, Islam was establish to bring te ppl out of wut was called the 'Dark Ages' where ppl do many cruel n unmoral stuff such as drink wine, kill, rob, treat woman like dirt n stuff. But as far as i see it, Islam hasn't changed much of that. Islams r still able to marry 4 wifes, hell, even ur Prophet Muhammad had dunno how many wives, n he's suppose to be the messenger of God.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #234  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_PAst27
    I'm from a country where Islam is the official religion. As far as i know of, Islam was establish to bring te ppl out of wut was called the 'Dark Ages' where ppl do many cruel n unmoral stuff such as drink wine, kill, rob, treat woman like dirt n stuff. But as far as i see it, Islam hasn't changed much of that. Islams r still able to marry 4 wifes, hell, even ur Prophet Muhammad had dunno how many wives, n he's suppose to be the messenger of God.

    In the old ages it was too normal for any body to marry more than one woman ..and arabs used to marry from 10-1000 wives..when Islam come he told us you can marry 2 ,3 or 4 but if you didn't succeed to be just with them all it is better to marry ONLY ONE WIFE.

    Do you know that prophet Ibraham (peace on him) married 2 wives.

    Do you know that prophet king Solomon (pecae upon him) married maybe more than 100 wives.


    This is normal with prophets because they are not like us...The god ALLAH gives any prophet the strength of 1400 men..yes 1400 men so they are different ...but do you know why God ALLAH gives them this great strength ??????
    there is more important reason for that do you know what is it??send me PM because our fellows who are not muslim won't understand it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #235  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    I forget to tell you that Prophet Mohamad (PBHU) married more than one wife for another great reason..

    It is to call women to Islam and learn them the sharia..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #236 Re: no way 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Do you know that humans didn`t invent a robot which can move or think like humans. So despite all this great technology we have failed to build a small Robot like a man. So the question now is, who invented you with this great smart design????
    Did you know profahmfaw that five hundred years ago humans had been unable to invent craft that moved beneath the waves like a fish? Five hundred yearsa ago humans had been unable to invent machines to travel through the air like a bird. Five hundred years ago humans had been unable to leave the atmosphere of the planet and travel to another world. Five hundred years ago humans had utterly failed to build a machine that could conduct complex finite element analysis.

    In case you hadn't noticed, profahmfaw, technological progress has been exactly that for the past few centuries - progress. We have become capable of ever more complex technological feats. You suggest that we because we have not yet built a truly complex thinking device we shall never be able to do so. This is baseless argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    So the question now is, who invented you with this great smart design????
    It always amazes me that there are theists, such as yourself, who reveal their implict contempt for God by praising the design of the human body. What nonsense! What ignorance.
    The human body is a crap design. One could make a list many pages long of everything that is inefficient, ill conceived, poorly constructed and ,indeed, downright dangerous about its structure.
    Why should this be? The answer is very simple: because the human body was not designed, but came about by a combination of chance, selection pressure, and yet more chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Some will say Oh..it is Evolution :? so why we didn`t see a new race of superhumans
    If you ask that question then you betray your woeful ignorance of the nature of evolution. Please tell me
    a) what would constitute a superhuman?
    b) what would be the evolutionary pressures driving the creation of a superhuman?
    c) which genetic changes would you anticipate would be necessary to evolve towards this superhuman?
    d) what isolation mechansim would you invoke to enable this superhuman species to emerge from the global gene pool?

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    I find everyday that humans became shorter than ancient people and less stronger so where is the evolution????
    Crap. Utter, mindless, crap.
    It is offensive to me that you indulge your fantasies to the extent of distorting reality. People are becoming taller. Try visiting the Netherlands if you don't believe me.
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    what is Kuryana I think you wrote it wrong check your spelling
    what is Biomimtica I think you wrote it wrong check your spelling
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #237 Re: no way 
    Forum Ph.D. Nevyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Do you know that humans didn`t invent a robot which can move or think like humans all this great technology we have failed to build a small Robot like man so the question now who invented you with this great smart design????
    Humans have invented a robot which can THINK and LEARN, so we are getting there so in another decade at the rate of scientific progression this should be feasable. The brain is very complex, and it is near impossible to create a 3D chip which could mimic the brain because of overheating and the chip would melt, however there is a new type of technology called diamond chips which do not melt and work more efficiently, this would be a great leap forwards for Robotics

    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,10...1/article.html

    Some will say Oh..it is Evolution :? so why we didn`t see a new race of superhumans...I find everyday that humans became shorter than ancient people and less stronger so where is the evolution????
    Load of crap, Humans are not getting any shorter, if you look around you will see this, just 2 years ago the football league had to make the goal taller because the goaly's where too BIG, and look at the older generation, they are smaller than us, this is because when they were growing up during the war there was rationing so they didn't get the nutrients they needed to grow, this is an effect of environmental preassure on evololution.

    I think you have to know that there is a god who designed you like this.can you give me the definition of this word (Biomimtica)..try to ask your professors :wink:
    I have no idea why you brought this up, it's a new method of healing damaged bones, cartalige and tissue.
    http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/biomimetics/
    I also found this when looking for biomimetics, It is leading to the advancements in robotics
    http://www-cdr.stanford.edu/biomimetics/
    Come see some of my art work at http://nevyn-pendragon.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #238  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    328
    no this is wrong :



    Biomimetic means the imitation of living things in nature. This new study is being spoken of more and more often in technological circles and is opening up important new horizons for mankind.

    As biomimetics emerges, imitating the structures of living systems, it presents a major setback for those scientists who still support the theory of evolution. From an evolutionist’s point of view, it’s entirely unacceptable for men—whom they regard as the highest rung on the evolutionary ladder—to try to draw inspiration from (much less imitate) other living things which, allegedly, are so much more primitive than they are.

    try to read this book here:
    http://www.harunyahya.com/download/d...d.php?id=27945
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #239 Re: no way 
    Forum Ph.D. Cat1981(England)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Downs.
    Posts
    934
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    People are becoming taller. Try visiting the Netherlands if you don't believe me.
    An easier example, would be to go to a 19th century working class house. Just remember to duck under the doorways.
    Eat Dolphin, save the Tuna!!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #240  
    Forum Ph.D. Nevyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Biomimetic means the imitation of living things in nature. This new study is being spoken of more and more often in technological circles and is opening up important new horizons for mankind.

    As biomimetics emerges, imitating the structures of living systems, it presents a major setback for those scientists who still support the theory of evolution. From an evolutionist’s point of view, it’s entirely unacceptable for men—whom they regard as the highest rung on the evolutionary ladder—to try to draw inspiration from (much less imitate) other living things which, allegedly, are so much more primitive than they are.
    I see you did not oppose my other arguments

    and by the way, your link doesn't work
    Come see some of my art work at http://nevyn-pendragon.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #241 Mosque 
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Can anyone on here tell me why it is that women are not allowed in the mosque ?
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #242  
    Guest
    So far as I know they ARE, just at different times, or they have a seperate area.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #243  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Yes, that is what I meant. But why ?

    Also as far as islamic women wearing the niqab go.....Apparently it is to stop other men having sexual thoughts about her. Surely women should not be punished in this way ? It is the MAN who is having the sexual thought. So surely it is HIM that is "sinning" ?
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #244  
    Guest
    Yes, but you forget one little thing here, the men make the rules. Women so far as I can tell are just 'property'.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #245  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Exactly. So does anyone think that it is right to treat women like they are just "property" ? What kind of God would justify the suffering over 50% of the worlds population (as there are more women than men in the world)

    why do muslim men make thier women do what they want.

    The fundamental law of the universe is balance. We see this even in the world of QM. Any religion which is based around inequality of the sexes preaches imbalance, which the universe does not require.
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #246  
    Guest
    Men are physically stronger than women, that is probably where it all began, to add to this men are [generally] more aggressive than women. Different societies have different views, I, in the west would not subjugate women, indeed to be subserviant to them is far more preferable, a happy women is one who is in charge, and happy women are generous. :wink:

    I might also refer you to the social history of Britain over the last 150 years, until around the 1890's or so it was legal for a man to beat his wife with a stick 'provided it was no thicker than his thumb', women had 'no property' and very few rights. And if women wore little clothing in public they could also be prosecuted. Had it not been for two world wars I feel sure more inequality would still exist.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #247 Yes 
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Yes, but just because we had it and aboloished it doesnt mean that is right.
    A happy marriage is one where balance exists such as the over-all colour charge of hadrons. Balance exists in my marraige, unfortunately though, I think it has the balance of a meson. :?
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #248  
    Guest
    Then it is for others to make that decision if they wish, yes we may see it as wrong but they obviousley do not, at least at present. Throughout the world my impression is that women are generally 'catching up', but I don't expect universal equality to be achieved in the next 100 years or so.

    I have no doubt there are many happy muslim marriages, I also know that within a muslim home the women may well have all western freedoms , until a visitor arrives..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #249 So.... 
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    So why dont men wear niqabs too ?

    I take it that women do not look at men and have sexual thoughts then ?
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #250  
    Guest
    Leo,

    I'm sure some men probably do, it may be to get past American soldiers or they may have a fetish, men and women have almost always dressed differently - In the US a law was passed in 1936 allowing men to remove their shirts and bear their upper torso, [if only they had equality then :wink: ]

    Whatever 'sexual crimes' are committed under Islamic law, it seems it is the woman's fault, as I said it was written by men.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #251  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Yes, that is what I meant. But why ?

    Also as far as islamic women wearing the niqab go.....Apparently it is to stop other men having sexual thoughts about her. Surely women should not be punished in this way ? It is the MAN who is having the sexual thought. So surely it is HIM that is "sinning" ?
    my brother, you have miscought it. you have thought it in a bad way.
    womwn are wearing that to make themself safe.
    if they wear small tops and pants, a man who is weak hearted may get seduced. he may go and do something to her. men are physically stronger than wemen. so she may lose a precious thing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #252  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    Exactly. So does anyone think that it is right to treat women like they are just "property" ? .
    it is not right to treat a women like a property. it is forbidden in islam also.
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    What kind of God would justify the suffering over 50% of the worlds population (as there are more women than men in the world).
    It is God who created the man kind. God never burdens anyone, by how much they cant do. God almighty knows the best and what is most benifitting for his creations. think brother! think without getting to one side.
    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    why do muslim men make thier women do what they want..
    In islam women are given their right. As the husband man has the responsibility to make his wife in the path of God, the right path. and it is highly forbidden in islam for a man to treat his wife as he like. who ever is doing that, he is doing a sin.

    Quote Originally Posted by leohopkins
    The fundamental law of the universe is balance. We see this even in the world of QM. Any religion which is based around inequality of the sexes preaches imbalance, which the universe does not require.
    Men and women are equal in front of the God. God created men and wemen by keeping a difference. but in Islam each one is given what they diserve. In some cases women is three times superior than a man. in some cases man is far superior than a women. But overall they are same. every one will one day be accountable for what they have done. there wont be any injustice between man and women.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #253  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Whatever 'sexual crimes' are committed under Islamic law, it seems it is the woman's fault, as I said it was written by men.
    you are not right brother. It is not always womens fault. There is no law in islam which says wemen are responsoble for all the sexual crimes. wemen are given a high position. and they have to try to keep it as safe as possible. they are not supposed to give it to men illegaly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    as I said it was written by men.
    Islam is not written. Islam is sent down to man kind by God. that is the way people has to be.
    I sujjest you to read the holy Quran, it is the words of God, instead of looking to the acts of the western muslims if you want to learn Islam.
    And you said it is written by man. if it is so bring a single verse like that by yourself or by the help of people who will help you. you cant do that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #254  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.
    I can, am and will fight the will of the Allah, i must say i am doing it quite succesfully as well, i havent been struck down yet.

    Give me proof that Allah created Islam and that it's not the writings of a raving madman. (the Qu'ran dosn't count)
    ok brother,
    For your imformation if you dont know, muslims believe in God, and Quran is the word of God. in that God says that islam is tha way of living, the religion God accept.
    do you believe that quran is the words of God?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #255  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    just to be clear: Mohammad Ali became a Muslim as a publicity act. You have no idea how much he benefited from that image.
    just to be clear who is mohammad ali?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #256  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by captaincaveman
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw

    Islam is created by ALLAH so it is not just an idiology it is a religion so you cant fight the will of GOD ALLAH.

    well allah's will must be to allow many of his followers to kill many others followers,
    truth has to told against falsehood.
    not only in islam, in all the major religions of this world. it is asked to fight for truth. isnt it there in the bible?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #257  
    Forum Ph.D. Nevyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    my brother, you have miscought it. you have thought it in a bad way.
    womwn are wearing that to make themself safe.
    if they wear small tops and pants, a man who is weak hearted may get seduced. he may go and do something to her. men are physically stronger than wemen. so she may lose a precious thing.
    I hardly think it makes them feel safe: losing over half your periferal vision makes people edgy and scared because it's instinct.

    It is God who created the man kind. God never burdens anyone, by how much they cant do. God almighty knows the best and what is most benifitting for his creations. think brother! think without getting to one side
    If man was created with a kind heart, why do women need to be "protected" with clothing.

    Islam is not written. Islam is sent down to man kind by God. that is the way people has to be.
    I sujjest you to read the holy Quran, it is the words of God, instead of looking to the acts of the western muslims if you want to learn Islam.
    And you said it is written by man. if it is so bring a single verse like that by yourself or by the help of people who will help you. you cant do that
    Where do muslims get all there religious ideas from then? the qu'ran? i believe that was written by men

    ok brother,
    For your imformation if you dont know, muslims believe in God, and Quran is the word of God. in that God says that islam is tha way of living, the religion God accept.
    do you believe that quran is the words of God?
    i'm afraid that just saying "God did it" isn't any kind of proof that it wasn't the writings of a raving madman

    truth has to told against falsehood.
    not only in islam, in all the major religions of this world. it is asked to fight for truth. isnt it there in the bible?
    Religion is over-rated. I am not a christian, i m not a muslim or any other kind of religious fundamentalist. Religion is full of contradictions such as "God is benevolent" and "Worship me or burn for eterninty in the fires of hell". Millions perhapse even billions have died in the name of religion, and they claim to be pure. What truth are you on about?
    Come see some of my art work at http://nevyn-pendragon.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #258  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    I hardly think it makes them feel safe: losing over half your periferal vision makes people edgy and scared because it's instinct.

    If man was created with a kind heart, why do women need to be "protected" with clothing.
    Brother, first let me clarify you what exactly is in islam about wemen wearing big dresses by the light of Quran,
    "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands their fathers their husbands' fathers their sons their husbands' sons their brothers or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons or their women or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss." 24:31

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Where do muslims get all there religious ideas from then? the qu'ran? i believe that was written by men
    i didnt mean that it is not written by man with ink, or any other source.
    what i meant is that it is not words of a man. That is God's words. God has revealed it to the prophet[peace be up on him]
    Quran is the words of God. no one can make a book like that, not even a single verse like that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Religion is over-rated. I am not a christian, i m not a muslim or any other kind of religious fundamentalist. Religion is full of contradictions such as "God is benevolent" and "Worship me or burn for eterninty in the fires of hell". Millions perhapse even billions have died in the name of religion, and they claim to be pure. What truth are you on about?
    you will die as you sleep, and you will be resurrected as you wakeup, than you will be questioned about your deeds. And you will be given for what you have done in your life time.
    people who die with a pure faith will be successful on that day. that have good rewards from their sustainer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    I am not a christian, i m not a muslim or any other kind of religious fundamentalist.
    than i invite you to the way of peace, the way of success.
    i pray to God for you...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #259  
    Forum Ph.D. Nevyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    Brother, first let me clarify you what exactly is in islam about wemen wearing big dresses by the light of Quran,
    "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands their fathers their husbands' fathers their sons their husbands' sons their brothers or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons or their women or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss." 24:31
    and what gives you people the right to tell people how to dress? so much for human rights
    i didnt mean that it is not written by man with ink, or any other source.
    what i meant is that it is not words of a man. That is God's words. God has revealed it to the prophet[peace be up on him]
    Quran is the words of God. no one can make a book like that, not even a single verse like that.
    I have still seen no evidence that it IS the word of God, for all we know it could be the ravings of a lunatic madman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Religion is over-rated. I am not a christian, i m not a muslim or any other kind of religious fundamentalist. Religion is full of contradictions such as "God is benevolent" and "Worship me or burn for eterninty in the fires of hell". Millions perhapse even billions have died in the name of religion, and they claim to be pure. What truth are you on about?
    you will die as you sleep, and you will be resurrected as you wakeup, than you will be questioned about your deeds. And you will be given for what you have done in your life time.
    people who die with a pure faith will be successful on that day. that have good rewards from their sustainer.
    so much for benevolence, die in my sleep? ha, i am not dead yet
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    I am not a christian, i m not a muslim or any other kind of religious fundamentalist.
    than i invite you to the way of peace, the way of success.
    i pray to God for you...
    Invitation refused. I have chosen my path and you shall not sway me, religion is the biggest pile of lies on this planet. Don't pray for me, i do not need it
    Come see some of my art work at http://nevyn-pendragon.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #260  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    basim wrote:
    people who die with a pure faith will be successful on that day. that have good rewards from their sustainer.
    faith=believe without good reason.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #261  
    Forum Junior Bettina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    Brother, first let me clarify you what exactly is in islam about wemen wearing big dresses by the light of Quran,
    "And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husbands their fathers their husbands' fathers their sons their husbands' sons their brothers or their brothers' sons or their sisters' sons or their women or the slaves whom their right hands possess or male servants free of physical needs or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. And O ye Believers! turn ye all together towards Allah that ye may attain Bliss." 24:31
    and what gives you people the right to tell people how to dress? so much for human rights
    In the Islamic world, human rights only apply to men. Women do not have the same rights due to Islam branding them second class citizens. This is widely known, written in the Koran, and practiced through the mideast. Its a disgusting religion.

    Bettina
    Emotionally based life form. The Fword will get you on my ignore list.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #262  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    and what gives you people the right to tell people how to dress? so much for human rights
    any human being doesnt need to wear like that brother. Only people who believe in God with a good faith are supposed to wear dress as in Quran.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    I have still seen no evidence that it IS the word of God, for all we know it could be the ravings of a lunatic madman.
    no human being can make a book like that.
    brother, if you dont believe, you try to make a book like that or a single verse like that. no one could do it early, no one could do that in future, and fear to the hell fire which is full of disbelievers and stones.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #263  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    so much for benevolence, die in my sleep? ha, i am not dead yet
    i didnt say that you will die in your sleep, i said you will die as you sleep.
    like you sleep, you will die
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #264  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by prasit
    faith=believe without good reason.
    no, faith means believing in what is right, believing in the truth.
    Faith means believing in God who created and sustains you and the people before you, that is a good reason, brother.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  65. #265  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    Basim wrote:
    no, faith means believing in what is right, believing in the truth.
    May be the word 'good reason' does not convey my intended meaning clearly. I have good reason to believe that I will earn a big salary raise, not because it is good for me, but because I did a good work. 'Good reason' here means having evidence, conforming with logical thinking.

    Believing God exists does make god exist. Believing you will go to heaven after bombing 100 innocent people for the sake of religion does not mean you will actually there. 1000 people have 1000 different faiths, many are contradicting others, all claiming they have good reasons, but none have evidence.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  66. #266  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by prasit
    Basim wrote:
    no, faith means believing in what is right, believing in the truth.
    May be the word 'good reason' does not convey my intended meaning clearly. I have good reason to believe that I will earn a big salary raise, not because it is good for me, but because I did a good work. 'Good reason' here means having evidence, conforming with logical thinking.

    Believing God exists does make god exist. Believing you will go to heaven after bombing 100 innocent people for the sake of religion does not mean you will actually there. 1000 people have 1000 different faiths, many are contradicting others, all claiming they have good reasons, but none have evidence.
    God exist not because we believe like that.
    this universe cannot be created without a God. this universe will not run if there is no God.
    You are right if some one kills 100 innocent he should not expect the heavens.
    In islam also if some one kills an innocent person, it is like killing the whole man kind.
    It is one of big sin, who ever is doing that he is doing a sin. He will have to pay for it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  67. #267  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Man created god because he is haunted by the vastness of eternity. Simple.
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  68. #268  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    basim wrote:
    God exist not because we believe like that.
    God does not exist no matter what we believe.
    this universe cannot be created without a God. this universe will not run if there is no God.
    The universe is the outcome of Big Bang. It has been expanding since, without God.
    In islam also if some one kills an innocent person, it is like killing the whole man kind.
    But the whole mankind has a lot more innocent people. How can killing one innocent person is like killing a lot of innocent people, plus a lot of bad people? And why the Islamist terrorists are not strongly denounced by the Muslim leaders around the world, even though they have killed a lot of innocent people?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  69. #269  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by prasit
    God does not exist no matter what we believe.
    than who coused the bigbang?
    how is this big universe been sustained?
    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  70. #270  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    722
    basim wrote:
    than who coused the bigbang?
    It just happened by itself.
    how is this big universe been sustained?
    It is not sustained. It keeps changing, and expanding.
    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.
    How do you know? Did He tell you about me? Ask him whether he knows the number of my ATM's PIN.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  71. #271  
    Guest
    A question from a person who is unworthy...

    Can Allah (Peace be upon him) see the future?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  72. #272  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    A question from a person who is unworthy...

    Can Allah (Peace be upon him) see the future?
    Oooooh thats a good question.

    MY answer (from a non religious perspective) is that it is our consousness which seperates events from each other into a perception we call time.
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  73. #273  
    Forum Isotope Zelos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,755
    Here is the answer in 2 possible outcomes:
    1:
    Allah/God can see into the future and therefor everything is predetermend and freewill is an illusion and allah is sadistic and enjoy human suffering
    2:
    Allah dont see into the future and is not allmight and just a loser among gods
    I am zelos. Destroyer of planets, exterminator of life, conquerer of worlds. I have come to rule this uiniverse. And there is nothing u pathetic biengs can do to stop me

    On the eighth day Zelos said: 'Let there be darkness,' and the light was never again seen.

    The king of posting
    Reply With Quote  
     

  74. #274  
    Guest
    My point was, if he cannot 'see' into the future then any claims of the Qu'ran 'predicting' the future are false.

    And if he can then why does he create human beings that he knows will be imperfect? - some muslims have said that he is 'testing us' which can only be crap - he would know the outcome.

    The same is true for the Christian God [and bible] as well.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  75. #275  
    Forum Professor leohopkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Dulwich, London, England
    Posts
    1,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    My point was, if he cannot 'see' into the future then any claims of the Qu'ran 'predicting' the future are false.

    And if he can then why does he create human beings that he knows will be imperfect? - some muslims have said that he is 'testing us' which can only be crap - he would know the outcome.

    The same is true for the Christian God [and bible] as well.
    Absolutely, right.

    Also. In the quran it says something like, can anyone else create verses like this, or somehting to that effect, can anyone explain to me what that means ?
    The hand of time rested on the half-hour mark, and all along that old front line of the English there came a whistling and a crying. The men of the first wave climbed up the parapets, in tumult, darkness, and the presence of death, and having done with all pleasant things, advanced across No Man's Land to begin the Battle of the Somme. - Poet John Masefield.

    www.leohopkins.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  76. #276  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    2,095
    A lot depends on what you are looking at as prediction.

    If I say Ant on the Run will win the ninth race at Hialeah tomorrow (assuming Ant on the Run is in that race), that is one kind of prediction.

    If I say that global warming will cause a certain set of problems, that is another kind of prediction.

    To make the first out of the blue, I need to be able to forsee that which is unforseeable and that which no one else can possibly know or perceive.

    For the second, I need to understand the science and effects of weather conditions on earth.

    Or, say I were to look at a group of people knowing they were affiliates of a gang. I could predict that some of them will be murdered or end up in prison. This prediction is not based on specific knowledge of which ones will be murdered or end up in jail, but I would be reasonably certain that my prediction would come true.

    So, if some of that group were murdered or ended up in prison, would my accurate prediction have been the result of my controlling the events or of my knowledge of the circumstances? Did I, in any way, control the events?

    There is a difference in naming the ones who will be murdered or end up in jail and just saying that some of them will.

    So, now let is say that Johnny, a member of the gang, actually ends up in prison. Did I predict it or, by not naming Johnny, did I fail to predict it? Did I fail to predict it because I did not list a time?

    I cannot speak of the predictive nature of the Qu'ran, but it seems to me that to the extent that the Bible predicts things, it does not do so by name and date, but rather by telling the natural end of a string of events.

    Most of the "predictions" in the Bible are of a cause and effect nature -- if these things take place, this will be the result.

    In the Bible we see examples of God telling people that if they do something, they will get a specific result. We then have stories from which the predicted result takes place when events or practices take place or in which the pedicted result does not take place because the events or practices did occur.

    Nor is it that these things take place in a matter of days. Usually they take place over long periods of time.

    The Bible, in its predictive mode, is not a series of race results predictions or even Chinese Fortune cookies. It is more a record of behavioral causes and effects.

    I have vastly oversimplified and addressed only that aspect of prediction which I think makes up the bulk of fulfilled Bible prophecy.
    Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. -- Albert Einstein

    If God DID do all of this, is He not the greatest scientist of all? -- dt, 2005
    Reply With Quote  
     

  77. #277  
    Forum Ph.D. Nevyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    I have still seen no evidence that it IS the word of God, for all we know it could be the ravings of a lunatic madman.
    no human being can make a book like that.
    brother, if you dont believe, you try to make a book like that or a single verse like that. no one could do it early, no one could do that in future, and fear to the hell fire which is full of disbelievers and stones.
    I could do it but you wouldn't like it because your predudice.
    i didnt say that you will die in your sleep, i said you will die as you sleep.
    like you sleep, you will die
    how can you know that? i might die because someone blows my brains out, anything is possible.
    no, faith means believing in what is right, believing in the truth.
    Faith means believing in God who created and sustains you and the people before you, that is a good reason, brother
    ahem, defination of faith "trust, strong belief, sincerity" belief means "accept as true" this means that it doesn't have to have any factual basis so in other words, blind faith.
    God exist not because we believe like that.
    this universe cannot be created without a God. this universe will not run if there is no God.
    You are right if some one kills 100 innocent he should not expect the heavens.
    In islam also if some one kills an innocent person, it is like killing the whole man kind.
    It is one of big sin, who ever is doing that he is doing a sin. He will have to pay for it.
    1) yes it can and yes it can(please explain where god CAME from)
    2)we are still seeing no evidense here
    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn
    I have still seen no evidence that it IS the word of God, for all we know it could be the ravings of a lunatic madman.
    no human being can make a book like that.
    brother, if you dont believe, you try to make a book like that or a single verse like that. no one could do it early, no one could do that in future, and fear to the hell fire which is full of disbelievers and stones.
    I could do it but you wouldn't like it because your predudice.
    i didnt say that you will die in your sleep, i said you will die as you sleep.
    like you sleep, you will die
    how can you know that? i might die because someone blows my brains out, anything is possible.
    no, faith means believing in what is right, believing in the truth.
    Faith means believing in God who created and sustains you and the people before you, that is a good reason, brother
    ahem, defination of faith "trust, strong belief, sincerity" belief means "accept as true" this means that it doesn't have to have any factual basis so in other words, blind faith.
    than who coused the bigbang?
    how is this big universe been sustained?
    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.
    not who, what and the answer to that is we are unsure... yet. though tell me who created god?
    energy
    surely? prove it
    Come see some of my art work at http://nevyn-pendragon.deviantart.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  78. #278  
    Forum Freshman Dipumon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    18
    than who coused the bigbang?
    Let me apply the same logic, who created god?
    how is this big universe been sustained?
    Again same question how the god is sustained?
    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.
    Like the invisible dragon in my garage knows everything!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  79. #279  
    Forum Sophomore basim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    maldives
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipumon
    than who coused the bigbang?
    Let me apply the same logic, who created god?
    how is this big universe been sustained?
    Again same question how the god is sustained?
    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.
    Like the invisible dragon in my garage knows everything!!!
    God is not created, God is the creator. And God is self sustaining.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  80. #280  
    Forum Freshman Dipumon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    18
    Let me apply the same logic, who created god?
    how is this big universe been sustained?
    Again same question how the god is sustained?
    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.
    Like the invisible dragon in my garage knows everything!!!
    God is not created, God is the creator. And God is self sustaining.
    Come to one step down and apply the same. Nothing caused (creator) big bang. It caused by itself.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  81. #281  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos
    Allah/God can see into the future and therefor everything is predetermend and freewill is an illusion and allah is sadistic and enjoy human suffering
    I'm not sure if this has already been answered so i'll have a go anyway.

    This is a very comon misconception. The fact that God knows the future does not meen free will is an illusion, it just means that he knows which choice you will make. You DO HAVE the freedom to choose, but God just knows the coice YOU will make. The only way freewill would seem to be shattered would be if God told you wat choices you were going to make in life. This could cause problems. You could choose not to choose the choice he says you will make, but then he must have been lying to you, and if god is good, he will not lie, so therefore he will not tell you your future.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  82. #282  
    Guest
    Here we go again,

    1) "The fact that God"- uh? Don't you mean "the belief" or "the notion"?

    2) as soon as you say God can see into the future you can then couple it with things like "God is perfect" and Christainity falls flat on it' face.

    If God knew Eve would bite the apple....

    If God knew people would 'sin' why was he so dissappointed that he needed to cause a flood?

    If God knew Satan would turn sour... etc etc etc.

    So probably God cannot see the future, in which case prophecies are bought into question.

    The only logical solution to this conundrum is that God does not exist except in the minds of those who chose to believe he does.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  83. #283  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Here we go again,

    1) "The fact that God"- uh? Don't you mean "the belief" or "the notion"?
    Insofar as the statement assumes that God is real, it is proper to say 'the fact that God...'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    2) as soon as you say God can see into the future you can then couple it with things like "God is perfect" and Christainity falls flat on it' face.

    If God knew Eve would bite the apple....

    If God knew people would 'sin' why was he so dissappointed that he needed to cause a flood?

    If God knew Satan would turn sour... etc etc etc.

    So probably God cannot see the future, in which case prophecies are bought into question.
    Well, I'd say there are two possible explanation (one not so feasible):
    1. God was just acting so as to make people see and fear him (the not so feasible one).
    2. If you knew someone you love was going to deceive you well before the person does it, you still feel the blow when the person does it. Or, a better example (in case you're saying 'well, how would I know before hand?') would be: you know the person is lying to you for all this time, and you know its a matter of time before you confront them; and when you confront them, you still wanna just kill 'em.

    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    The only logical solution to this conundrum is that God does not exist except in the minds of those who chose to believe he does.
    A better statement would be: 'the existence of God is subjective.'

    EDIT: this thread is hilarious (though I didn't read the entire thing).
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  84. #284  
    Forum Masters Degree geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    london
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by scientstphilosophertheist
    A better statement would be: 'the existence of God is subjective.'
    Wow there is a little intelligence their, and you being a xian.
    so let's clarify it's meaning, for some of the posters here on this thread.

    Subjective;
    existing only in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
    placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
    and wasn't that what Megabrain said.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense - Buddha"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  85. #285  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    "Jamerica"...When in America, Florida; when in Jamaica, St. Mary
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    Quote Originally Posted by scientstphilosophertheist
    A better statement would be: 'the existence of God is subjective.'
    Wow there is a little intelligence their, and you being a xian.
    so let's clarify it's meaning, for some of the posters here on this thread.

    Subjective;
    existing only in the mind; belonging to the thinking subject rather than to the object of thought (opposed to objective).
    placing excessive emphasis on one's own moods, attitudes, opinions, etc.; unduly egocentric.
    and wasn't that what Megabrain said.
    You always seem to under-define words. Subjective has several meanings:
    sub·jec·tive (səb-jĕk'tĭv) pronunciation
    adj.

    1.
    1. Proceeding from or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world: a subjective decision.
    2. Particular to a given person; personal: subjective experience.
    2. Moodily introspective.
    3. Existing only in the mind; illusory.
    4. Psychology. Existing only within the experiencer's mind.
    5. Medicine. Of, relating to, or designating a symptom or condition perceived by the patient and not by the examiner.
    6. Expressing or bringing into prominence the individuality of the artist or author.
    7. Grammar. Relating to or being the nominative case.
    8. Relating to the real nature of something; essential.

    In any case, saying "God does not exist except in the minds of those who chose to believe he does" is completely different from saying "the existence of God is subjective". The former claim assumes that it's a fact that God doesn't exist; that he's only imaginary, while the latter assumes that we cannot come to a definite conclusion about God, i.e. we cannot say that God definitely exists, or God definitely doesn't exist. We can only speculate.

    Edit: Also note that I said the existence of God is subjective. That is, our opinion of whether or not God exists is based on our own beliefs/views, because we cannot conclusively prove our beliefs to be true (until death or the coming of God, at which point it doesn't matter anyway). I am defining the idea of existence, not existence in and of itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by geezer
    Wow there is a little intelligence their, and you being a xian.
    Wth?
    Whence comes this logic: no evidence = false?

    http://www.atheistthinktank.net/thinktank/index.php

    Theists welcome.
    ___________
    Reply With Quote  
     

  86. #286  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    Quote Originally Posted by basim
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipumon
    than who coused the bigbang?
    Let me apply the same logic, who created god?
    how is this big universe been sustained?
    Again same question how the god is sustained?
    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.
    Like the invisible dragon in my garage knows everything!!!
    God is not created, God is the creator. And God is self sustaining.
    this line of reasoning only works if your axiom "God is not created, God is the creator" is correct - if not, all bets are off
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  87. #287  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    317
    Dipumon,

    than who coused the bigbang?

    Let me apply the same logic, who created god?
    That is illogical.
    God is described as the "almighty", one without a second, omniscient, and omnipotent, etc.. This is the only description of God.
    If you change the context, then effectively you change the subject matter.

    how is this big universe been sustained?

    Again same question how the god is sustained?
    Only matter need be sustained, and maintained (as far as we know).
    Again you must argue from the correct position, which is, God does not ever come into being, or goes out of being. That is his described nature.
    If you assume God is a material being, then I have to ask why and how you make this assumption.

    God surely exist and God knows every thing you do.

    Like the invisible dragon in my garage knows everything!!!
    You equate the great scriptures, with such cheap analogies?
    I'm being forced to think you're not taking this seriously.

    Jan.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  88. #288 Clearing some misconceptions 
    Forum Sophomore scientist-to-be's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cairo, Egypt
    Posts
    158
    Fine, we get the message, now...so you all can swear, and you all have the potential to insult. I request that insulting and mockery of religions (or others' language skills) is stopped, and let us make this debate a little more civilized.

    1. The hijab (veil), is there to give women their rights, equal to men's rights. Many women in the west are portrayed and used as sexualized commodities whose sole influence in society comes from their ability to sexualy attract men. Women are made to believe that they are of no value if they are not "sexy" and good-looking. Islam demands that women are treated equally to men, and since usually, men are not judged by now shiny their hair is and how large their bosom is, Islam wanted to give women the same priviledge. And since many people fail to see beyond physical appearance, women have been asked to wear hijab in order to help society to see tham that way, from a different perspective where they are judged by their actions, ideas and beliefs rather than by their outer appearance.

    2. When it comes to sex outside marriage, apart from the immodest implications of such actions, the main probelm arises when children arrive into the equation. Usually, the children from such relations are unwanted by their parents, so they suffer in their childhood. Some find it difficult to cope in society and turn to drugs and crime. Who pays for the suffering of these children? Who is resposible? You tell me you use protection, I ask you why there are thousands of illegitimate babies born in the west every year. An important point is that, in Islam, both men and women who willingly participated in such actions receive the same punishment. Furthermore, the punishments that Islam has specified, has made the occurences of rape to decrease greatly in countries following Islamic law.
    The dire punishment set by Islam are not barbaric, because their purpose is that, just by their threat, or by performing them a few times, that these phenomena would be completely eradicated from society, and these punishments would not have to be practiced again.

    3. Allah allowed marriage to up to four wives, but he ended the verse saying that if you feared to be unfair, then let it be one wife only. and Allah knows, and so does every muslim man, that it is near impossible to be fair...so it's just another way for Allah to say " Do not marry more than one woman". You might be wondering then why has the marriage of more than one been allowed in the first place. This was made for the times of war in the past , when most men went to war, and many were killed, and many women were left in poverty with many children. The few men who were left behind would marry these women, in order to support their families and their children, and not seeking the pleasurable company of more women!!

    4. Islam is the religion of peace. The official greeting in Islam is "Assalamo Alaikom", which translates to "Peace be upon you", and muslims are asked to use this greeting to greet both muslims and non-muslims. Allah only asks muslims to defend their enemies and the enemies of Allah, when the enemy invades their land, kills their children and old citizens and rapes their women. Allah has forbidden the mutilation of corpses during wars, and he has forbidden the killing of women, children, peaceful citizens, old people, animals and cutting of trees and destruction of religious sites during wars, and Allah has ordered muslims to treat their war prisoners mercifully and with hospitality. From this you can all obviously see that what the terrorists do is by no means associated with Islam, In fact, it is an insult to Islam that their actions are in any way linked to Islam.
    All the verses in the Qura'an that encourage muslims to fight, are actually encouraging them to defend themselves and their people and their religion from the attacking enemy and I stress on the word attacking, rather than to leave their land and flee, because in that there is betrayal of their duties towards their religion and towards their society, and this is what Jihad is about. Why there are such great rewards for martyrs and for those who put their lives at risk for Allah's sake, is because life is the most valuable thing that a human owns and sacrificing it for Allah's sake is a real test for faith.

    5. Islam is not a religion of punishment. In all verses in the Qura'an, when Allah asks muslims to do something, incentives are always mentioned first...but because incentives are sometimes not enough to get everybody into doing the action, and since qura'an has been sent to all of mankind and must take into consideration the different mentalities, punishment is mentioned as well.

    Finally, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that many muslims today, do not correctly practice the teachings of Islam. So I do request that you do not judge Islam from what you see muslims do today. People often confuse between tradition and religion.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •