Notices
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Choices

  1. #1 Choices 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    127
    Matthew 7:13-14

    “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life." I wanted feed back to the proximitiy of psychology and the point to where the choice's made,deem into the favor of evil or wrong doing.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,416
    deem into the favor of evil or wrong doing.
    By science-based secular measurements we can use to approximate actions which cause misery, by Christian definitions of "evil," or something else?


    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    deem into the favor of evil or wrong doing.
    By science-based secular measurements we can use to approximate actions which cause misery, by Christian definitions of "evil," or something else?
    Its hard to say with the implementation of surrounding and heritage the psychology of it would be very hard to depect the reason a mind would choose to do evil or misery,then as awhole lean to a side of good and evil.Very hard to figure out, thats why I asked ^.^
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,795
    It would be helpful if you would write in plain English.

    If you are asking what the meaning of the above Biblical verse is, it can be easily explained in secular terms. It is the same thing you would tell your child. Don't take the easy way out. It may be attractive in the short term to goof off, take drugs, commit crimes, and so forth. In the long run, it will cause more pain. You would be better off working hard, obeying the law, and acting in an honest, ethical manner.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    127
    Thats pretty much what I thought,so I knew the answer already.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    It would be helpful if you would write in plain English.

    If you are asking what the meaning of the above Biblical verse is, it can be easily explained in secular terms. It is the same thing you would tell your child. Don't take the easy way out. It may be attractive in the short term to goof off, take drugs, commit crimes, and so forth. In the long run, it will cause more pain. You would be better off working hard, obeying the law, and acting in an honest, ethical manner.

    It can be explained in secular terms, but its only a partial understanding of the quote. Considering that the quote comes from the Bible, and also taking into consideration the context of the quote - they are talking about getting into the kingdom of heaven: it's just as easy, and much more logical, to interpret this quote in non-secular terms. Life refers to eternal life or heaven, and the road to achieve it is hard. It may be easy and attractive in the short term to ignore the approach of death and make merry, but in the long run, it wont be worth it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker123 View Post

    It can be explained in secular terms, but its only a partial understanding of the quote. Considering that the quote comes from the Bible, and also taking into consideration the context of the quote - they are talking about getting into the kingdom of heaven: it's just as easy, and much more logical, to interpret this quote in non-secular terms. Life refers to eternal life or heaven, and the road to achieve it is hard. It may be easy and attractive in the short term to ignore the approach of death and make merry, but in the long run, it wont be worth it.
    So you say...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Human needs, reasons of our life choices, ...
    By EAS in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 24th, 2011, 02:26 PM
  2. Does TV effect career choices?
    By marcusclayman in forum Behavior and Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 8th, 2009, 09:10 AM
  3. University Choices
    By Ashley.C in forum Education
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 12th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •