Notices
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: What I find amusing in christianity

  1. #1 What I find amusing in christianity 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    100
    Remove this post if you find it insulting...

    Well, let's start... Few days ago I was browsing trough another
    scientific forum, that had also a place for Religions and Atheism
    (Christianity,Islam,Hinduism etc. but also skientology, ufology,
    cabballah and others)..

    Well, I read few topics and noticed a strange thing...
    Only the christians was causing mayhem in that forum (to be true
    there were some atheists that had rather obscure ways to use words).

    But this is not the reason that caught my eye, no. The reason was
    that nearly every christians seemed to have some sort of double
    morale.

    For instance... Section "General religion" and "Christianity" they told
    how great and wise God they have and how the God had given a
    capability to understand and honor thoughs of others; also to love others
    like their own siblings...

    But when one dared to say, that he is a Atheist or makes the Bibles
    message questionable - suddenly all these Christinitys holy virtues
    disappear and whole lot are mocking this person...

    Examples from these situations:

    Some one asked that how can a true atheist be happy when
    he/she doesn't believe in God.

    As a answer I wrote:

    I am happy. Happy that I have been granted in
    this great uncertainity of life a change to live and be a human.

    I am also happy that I have a change to live in this century,
    in this land and I am free to express my opinions trough
    this kind of a media.

    I am also happy that I have been given rights for
    say, think and belief what I want.

    I am happy for everything that coincidence has given to me...

    But I am also angry, that every single moment my
    capability to think is underestimated and my though
    has been laughed and also my rights has been opressed
    by many.

    I am also angry for the fact that one's morale and
    capability to feel and be happy is suspected if
    the one dares to question the usual ways to think...

    I believe that every single human has rights for
    opinion, given by their natural free will (or then the Mercy of the God)...

    I think that those people who say that the authority they
    think as One and Only, have lost their rights to be humans.

    Understanding, understanding between humans should be
    based on skill to talk different perspectives without
    fanatical judging of opinions.

    I think those person who judge others for the name of
    their beliefs, because thodr others think another way - have also
    judged themselves aswell...

    That can be true that Earth is created or then not.

    The fact that one asks for proofs or make up theories to explain
    things, isn't a mark of naive mind or stupidy.
    No it is total opposite, it is a mark of humanity, a mark of ones
    will to find him/herself in this continuously changin World.

    If there is a God. I belief that even if in His eyes we are all
    equal, I also belief that those who wants to search Him with
    their questions are more rightfull to understand His Glory than
    those who just let themselves to fall in promise of final salvation
    given by an old book.

    If we want to find, we must search and not to accept the
    already exinting solutions.

    This is all atheism, atheism is humans eager to search for
    him/herself and a answer for his/hers existence...

    So thats wy I have a firm belief that if the God will be found
    one day, He will be founded by an atheist. Not because atheist doesn't
    belief, but because of their inner adventurer...

    All that Man haven't yet been able to explain is a reason to atheist
    to search better, and how to you think tha will happen when
    they can finally explain it all?

    That is why I belief that every human writing to this forum has to
    leave their hatred and try to understand each other and theirself...
    And spent more time with their family, relatives, friends and every other
    important...
    Why? To learn thinks about ourselves and hopefully find ourselves.
    Some one answered;

    It is easy to see that this is written by an idiotic atheist...
    Don't even dare to think that we don't know what a true atheist is...
    You can't hide your malace behind some fancy words...

    As a friend I give you advice... Stop worshipping Satan and let
    your heart open to Our Holy Lord Jesus...
    Because only believing you can be saved from the Hell so
    give up your falsery proofs and this herecy before it is too late...
    And then another:

    Some one wrote:
    Which one to belief the Laws of Nature or the Bible in case the
    laws of nature are against the message given in the Bible?

    Some other wrote:
    Of course that case we set our belief in the Holy Bible thats message
    is One and Only... If the Laws of Nature can't be truthfull, we must
    ignore them because there is a high chance we are facing the deeds
    of the Great Evil the King of Damned, Satan...

    Bible is always true and reliable and only thing we can depend on this
    wonderfull World of our Allmighty Creator.
    This is my favorite


    Some one wrote:
    And still the scientific world is astonished how did lake Titicaca
    form, because it is the highest lake and there is no way that
    water could reach it... This is a vital proof of the existence of the God
    and final proof for falsery of science...

    Some other wrote:
    Scientific world has already found answer for Titicaca...
    And Titicaca is not the highest lake of the World.
    There is lots of rivers that "descent" to Titicaca and it is proofed
    that it was born when ancient "Ice shield" moved across the mountainside...

    (Then lots of rather horrific words to descripe believers like "Re-born hippies"
    Those blasted drugnoses and such...)
    How can one be so simple, this is exactly those lyersmouths wants you
    to believe... You must fight and say no to this brainwash.
    Only the God can protect your humble soul from this falsery.
    Then there is lots of amusing examples how they give
    "always true" proofs how everything is as the Bible said...

    This is why I want to ask, why some Christians are so "oldfashioned"
    that they start to sharpen stakes and search for matches if someone
    says something that is against their beliefs and can actually
    proof these statements...

    Heh, because things I have said I have been called Satans worshipper,
    heretical madman, enemy of all Created, the Worst lyersmouth,
    the one to Crusify the Jesus again, The great Beast of Creation
    and my favorite "Satans eartly visage" (and lots of other interesting names)...


    Machina multa minax minitatur maxima muris

    Carminis Iliaci libros consumpsit asellus. O Fatum Troiae! Aut ecus aut asinus!

    Vita regit Fortuna, non sapientia!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Junior Cuete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    4722,28 miles away from home
    Posts
    218
    I'm a Catholic, and I criticize this behaviour from my fellow Christians all the time... Of course I've gained so many enemies because of that.

    This happens because most of the extremist Christians think that "you are with us, or against us" (God or Satan, not in the middle, not outside), you can't be tolerant with religious issues. Is part of the Christian "charisma" to try to convert the whole world, you can't blame them for that.

    I understand the behaviour, but I must say that I strongly disaprove it. I really can't say if this happens also in other religions.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    100
    Oh, I forget to mention one other:

    Some one wrote:
    All atheists hates musics, thats why they listen to
    Lordi (a finnish heavy-metal band) and other Satanic
    rockers...

    Some other answered:
    Lordi has said himself that him and his band has no
    connection to satanic cults, so I think you should stop
    making these conclusions and concentrate to facts.
    Some one answered:
    Of course they say so, would you think someone would buy their
    albums if they would commit the truth?

    I wrote:
    I am a atheist and I prefer more to classical music,
    because those melodies are full of beauty and they really
    can touch your soul... See you later I go now to listen some Mozarts
    fine violinconcértos...
    Some one wrote:
    Mozart played the melodies of corruption given by Satan, and
    you are a liar saying you don't listen to atheistic music...
    All atheists are worshipping Satan and thats a sheer fact!

    Some other wrote:
    Don't mix Satan and atheism, Satan is term of christianity and has
    nothing to do with as...
    Some one wrote:

    And so you tell us to hide the truth... Give up these heretic thoughs
    and break your bind to Satan and let the Holy Spirit to embrace your
    souls... Only His glory you can be free!!!
    Machina multa minax minitatur maxima muris

    Carminis Iliaci libros consumpsit asellus. O Fatum Troiae! Aut ecus aut asinus!

    Vita regit Fortuna, non sapientia!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    100
    Well, Cuete... I think that sound reasonable...
    Heh, "Homo Homini Lupus" that is...
    First I speak how we must be tolerant and then I show
    that I am not...

    Thanks.
    Machina multa minax minitatur maxima muris

    Carminis Iliaci libros consumpsit asellus. O Fatum Troiae! Aut ecus aut asinus!

    Vita regit Fortuna, non sapientia!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    New Member prophet20:9's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2
    The fact is there is no middle ground. One does not have to follow Satan, but if one does not follow Christ, one is His enemy. This is the part where knowledge and understanding comes into play. Christ says to love your neighbor. This means to accept everyone. However, He hated the sin of mankind, as it was keeping people from knowing the Father. This means that we must hate the sin. We must love and accept everyone, but we must hate and reject their sin. It was wrong for those christians to write as they did, but those people they were making fun of were also wrong, only in a different way: doctrine.
    Jeremiah 20:9
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    405
    I wrote:
    I am a atheist and I prefer more to classical music,
    because those melodies are full of beauty and they really
    can touch your soul... See you later I go now to listen some Mozarts
    fine violinconcértos...



    Some one wrote:
    Mozart played the melodies of corruption given by Satan, and
    you are a liar saying you don't listen to atheistic music...
    All atheists are worshipping Satan and thats a sheer fact!
    That one's just bizarre. I can only think it went this way: An atheist proclaims love of Mozart and other classical music, so the Christian realised that Mozart must have been a Satanist! The only other explanation is that there is some actualy dogma out there that Mozart was a Satanist. On what basis - that he wrote and performed for Popes? I have learned that he was baptised a Catholic. That's probably the only reason for that bizarre outburst. All Christians are irrational, but Evangelical protestants can be just plain nutty.
    "It is comparatively easy to make clever guesses; indeed there are theorems, like 'Goldbach's Theorem' which have never been proved and which any fool could have guessed." G.H. Hardy, Fourier Series, 1943
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    The following should be read with a Scottish accent as found in the Higlands, and typefying clergy of the Free Church of Scotland.

    Aye, laddy. Did you not know that all music is the work of the deevil. Auld Nick himself was unco partial to the fiddle or the pipes. If God had intended us to be happy on this planet we should all have been born with membership of St. Andrews Golf Club. Man was put here to suffer, and Woman was put her to make sure it was so. Licentious behaviour will surely send you Hell. This is why you should avoid engaging in sexual intercourse, as it could easily lead to outbreaks of dancing and other frivolous behaviour. Aye, the phonograph was not invented by Thomas Edison, but by Satan.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9
    In my personal experience in chatrooms or on message boards, Christians have nothing intelligent to say or contribute. All they have done is insult me in the past and I have no good feelings for them.


    If not insulting me directly they do it by avoiding my arguments completly and resorting to "I will pray for you."


    Very frustrating.
    Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by prophet20:9
    The fact is there is no middle ground. One does not have to follow Satan, but if one does not follow Christ, one is His enemy. This is the part where knowledge and understanding comes into play. Christ says to love your neighbor. This means to accept everyone. However, He hated the sin of mankind, as it was keeping people from knowing the Father. This means that we must hate the sin. We must love and accept everyone, but we must hate and reject their sin. It was wrong for those christians to write as they did, but those people they were making fun of were also wrong, only in a different way: doctrine.

    Will Jesus throw me into a flaming pit of hell if I deny him?



    If so..He isn't any messiah i'd follow. More like a dictator.
    Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Freshman Captain_Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    58
    I see this whole thing as a problem that never needed to occur in the first place... what religion seems to be is a may to create morale among the population of the world (for the most part). So yeah, I don't really have a problem with the whole idea of it, but when it gets to the extent of 'my religion is better than yours' and other arguments of the same stupidity that result in insults and, in some cases, mass destruction that we as a race need a reality check. The whole point of religiosness is to prevent nature of the like, and over time it has infact created what it was supposed to prevent. Why can't all the extremists just accept the fact that most people don't care about their 'god' and go back into their little corner of the world and spend the rest of their lives on their own, NOT bothering people like me...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Anubis
    I see this whole thing as a problem that never needed to occur in the first place... what religion seems to be is a may to create morale among the population of the world (for the most part). So yeah, I don't really have a problem with the whole idea of it, but when it gets to the extent of 'my religion is better than yours' and other arguments of the same stupidity that result in insults and, in some cases, mass destruction that we as a race need a reality check. The whole point of religiosness is to prevent nature of the like, and over time it has infact created what it was supposed to prevent. Why can't all the extremists just accept the fact that most people don't care about their 'god' and go back into their little corner of the world and spend the rest of their lives on their own, NOT bothering people like me...

    The "point" of religion was never to prevent fighting. It was invented by people who did not understand the natural world. Fighting among religions was unavoidable.
    Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman Captain_Anubis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius
    The "point" of religion was never to prevent fighting. It was invented by people who did not understand the natural world. Fighting among religions was unavoidable.
    That's what I've been told as well but I don't think it's completely true. If the only point of religion was to explain the unexplained it wouldn't have all of the details it has today. I don't think that whoever made it would have gone into the extent of putting the whole 'be good or else' aspect into it. That whole portion had to have a purpose and I can't see any possible purpose other than to keep everyone from going insane and killing everyone else.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Freshman weirdesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    27
    I think you are judging christians unfairly. I've met plenty of christians on other forum sites who can have an intelligent conversation without saying you are a satanist or some such crap. In fact on that site I haven't heard one person say that period. It might be because it was edited out, you never know. Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't judge a religion by its extremists.
    It's hard to soar like an eagle when your flying with turkeys
    It's hard to be humble when your as great as I am.
    The world changes so fast, you couldn't be wrong all the time even if you tried
    Judging by the way some church members live, they need fire insurance
    The only thing in life acheived without effort is failure
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Junior Cuete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    4722,28 miles away from home
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdesky
    I think you are judging christians unfairly. I've met plenty of christians on other forum sites who can have an intelligent conversation without saying you are a satanist or some such crap. In fact on that site I haven't heard one person say that period. It might be because it was edited out, you never know. Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't judge a religion by its extremists.

    Of course... my previous comments was about extremists. There are very centered, open minded christians, and I know some.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Freshman weirdesky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    27
    I go to a forum site run by one, personally
    It's hard to soar like an eagle when your flying with turkeys
    It's hard to be humble when your as great as I am.
    The world changes so fast, you couldn't be wrong all the time even if you tried
    Judging by the way some church members live, they need fire insurance
    The only thing in life acheived without effort is failure
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    100
    Yes must admit that I have been myself really "shortsighted"...
    As I said before, I must think too my own "morality (or the lack of it)".
    Machina multa minax minitatur maxima muris

    Carminis Iliaci libros consumpsit asellus. O Fatum Troiae! Aut ecus aut asinus!

    Vita regit Fortuna, non sapientia!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    28
    I'm a Catholic, and I criticize this behaviour from my fellow Christians all the time... Of course I've gained so many enemies because of that.

    This happens because most of the extremist Christians think that "you are with us, or against us" (God or Satan, not in the middle, not outside), you can't be tolerant with religious issues. Is part of the Christian "charisma" to try to convert the whole world, you can't blame them for that.

    I understand the behaviour, but I must say that I strongly disaprove it. I really can't say if this happens also in other religions.
    I know what you mean! What happened to what Jesus said "Love one another" ? God loves the atheists just as much as he loves his faithful with unconditional love. I don't see why some Christians have to be so rude to others with such a judgemental attitude. :?

    Effervescent
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    716
    When you open a discussion of religion in a sceince forum, do you not implicitly challenge the religious people? All religions are faith-based, the believers are simply not equipped to defend their belief by scientific means.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    100
    Can I ask you prasit, what makes you believe that
    faith or ideology can be measured?

    This is a discussion about religion not science
    (eventhough it is on scienceforum)...

    So those who believe in some higher force, has all tools
    to defend themselves...

    Humans as humans and nothing more than humans.

    If I have some belief, that doesn't meen that it has to be binded
    to some paradigm...

    Lets say I believe paraller events of life; otherword I believe
    that there is alternative dimension for all possible ways
    ones life could go.

    To defend and define my point of view, must I use some
    laws of physic or chemistry to explain why I believe so or
    why my belief could be true?

    As you can see its nearly ridiculous to try explain that kind
    of things with science...

    But if you want, feel free to try.
    Machina multa minax minitatur maxima muris

    Carminis Iliaci libros consumpsit asellus. O Fatum Troiae! Aut ecus aut asinus!

    Vita regit Fortuna, non sapientia!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    716
    Eternal,
    Can I ask you prasit, what makes you believe that
    faith or ideology can be measured?
    I don't remember saying anything like that.
    This is a discussion about religion not science
    (eventhough it is on scienceforum)...

    So those who believe in some higher force, has all tools
    to defend themselves...
    I just said that they don't have scientific tools.
    When you state your belief based on your faith, what should be the tools or rules that both sides agree to adhere, in order to clarify whether the faith is true or false?
    If you said "I believe in God, I can feel His presence" and an Atheist said "But I don't feel it". You may say "That because you don't believe in Him" And the atheist may say "then, let's revise the first sentence of the Bible: And man said 'let there be God', and there was God"
    When I read in several threads in this forum, it looks to me like they are using different languages to communicate to others.
    Lets say I believe paraller events of life; otherword I believe
    that there is alternative dimension for all possible ways
    ones life could go.
    What is the consequence of this theory to us if it is true, or if it is fault?
    If there is no difference in the consequence or if it is unknowable then it is irrelevant to our lives.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    27
    if it is unknowable then it is irrelevant to our lives.
    Whether or not god exists is unknowable, but religion still plays a huge part in our society.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    716
    ScienceGeek wrote
    Whether or not god exists is unknowable, but religion still plays a huge part in our society.
    Good point. I withdrew my reply.
    Note: Although the Christians believe God is unkowable, they also believe that if they do what the bible (=God's instructions) tell them to do they will most likely be granted access to heaven. This shows that they believe that God is somewhat predictable.

    Another attempt to reply Eternal's question:
    Lets say I believe paraller events of life; otherword I believe
    that there is alternative dimension for all possible ways
    ones life could go.

    To defend and define my point of view, must I use some
    laws of physic or chemistry to explain why I believe so or
    why my belief could be true?
    In this example you have not yet told me how you defend your point of view. Please elaborate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    2,116
    Ok, I agree with the original premise of this thread. There are some radical Christian asses who do go around insulting outspoken non-believers.

    However, I have read just as much crap disrepectful of Christians as I have from Christians being disrespectful of non-believers.

    I think what bothers me the most is that non-believers are so indignant about being insulted by radical Christians. I say this in the face of the idea that I seldom see a lot of similar disrespect lodged against radical Muslims.

    Radical Christians use words to retaliate against their antagonists while radical Muslims seem to often use bombs and guns and beheadings.

    Hmmm, maybe that's why people are reluctant to dis radical Islam.
    Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. -- Albert Einstein

    If God DID do all of this, is He not the greatest scientist of all? -- dt, 2005
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Guest
    "What I find amusing in christianity"


    Nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Ph.D. william's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wherever I go, there I am
    Posts
    935
    I find all extremist views deplorable.

    Cheers
    "... the polhode rolls without slipping on the herpolhode lying in the invariable plane."
    ~Footnote in Goldstein's Mechanics, 3rd ed. p. 202
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Junior Artemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    297
    I believe the problem is that atheists and theists don’t always understand each other. I once heard the following: “You’re an Atheist, therefore you cannot understand the essence of religion” This of course is totally crap, as is saying “you are no scientist, and therefore cannot understand the meaning of science”. Tough the essence of the sentence might be true. We al have our own perspectives when it comes to religion, science and everything else in life. Sometimes it is as if we speak in different frequencies. We get the message but do not truly understand what they mean and so it goes the other way round. We see religion and God as we want and it is difficult to understand or to explain why someone else feels different about the subject.

    Everyone has to make his own decisions when it comes to religion and God. Do not try to convince somebody of your view for it will not help. The only thing you can do is trying to explain why you believe what you believe. Other people can use this for their own decisions, but the “my religion/atheism is better than yours” way doesn’t solve anything. It only causes trouble and a lot of irritation.


    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    This is a discussion about religion not science
    You can’t discus the one without the other. Both religion and science are in the same world: The world WE live in. Religion has to accept science, and science has to accept the existence of religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by eternal
    So those who believe in some higher force, has all tools
    to defend themselves...
    You already have al the tools, and yet you have non. Science will probably not be able to “prove” the existence or non-existence of God so religion and believe is al the proof there is. For some this will be enough, for others not. Again you have to accept the opinions of others so everyone can make his/her own choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by prasit
    What is the consequence of this theory to us if it is true, or if it is fault?
    If there is no difference in the consequence or if it is unknowable then it is irrelevant to our lives.
    If you think of it like that then the existence or non-existence of God doesn’t matter. The world is as it is now, with or without God . If God exists it is still the same, and so it will be when He doesn’t.

    Well I think that's enough for now.
    Student Neurobiology
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    2,116
    Prasit said:

    Note: Although the Christians believe God is unkowable, they also believe that if they do what the bible (=God's instructions) tell them to do they will most likely be granted access to heaven. This shows that they believe that God is somewhat predictable.
    I hope this shows a misunderstanding of Christians and Christianity rather than a diliberate misrepresentation.

    First of all, Christians do not generally believe God is unknowable. They understand that God is not completely knowable, but that they can know many things about Him and that they can have a relationship with Him.

    Second, Christians do not believe that by doing what the Bible says, they will likely be granted access to heaven. Christians believe that if they repent of their sins and believe in the atoning death of Jesus, they will share in his resurrection. They do not believe this is a likelyhood, but that it is assured.

    I would agree that Christians believe that God will fulfill his promises and to that extent, he is predictable. As to the timing and the method of fulfillment, most Christians would agree they cannot predict.

    Artemis said:

    You can’t discus the one without the other. Both religion and science are in the same world: The world WE live in. Religion has to except science, and science has to except the existence of religion.
    I hope you are an ESL person, because there is no other excuse for confusing the word except with the word accept. In the context of this sentence, the use of the word except means exactly the opposite of accept.

    However, as amended, I agree with your thought -- religion and science must co-exist in the same world. As you may note in the signature of this post, Einstein agrees, too.
    Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. -- Albert Einstein

    If God DID do all of this, is He not the greatest scientist of all? -- dt, 2005
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Junior Artemis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    297
    I hope you are an ESL person, because there is no other excuse for confusing the word except with the word accept. In the context of this sentence, the use of the word except means exactly the opposite of accept.
    I'm sorry. Of course I meant accept and not except Sorry for the misunderstanding
    Student Neurobiology
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •