Notices
Results 1 to 57 of 57

Thread: The Zeitgeist film is it the truth or not?

  1. #1 The Zeitgeist film is it the truth or not? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    28
    I have just recently watched the zeitgeist film and it has some very powerful ideas and theory.
    I would really appreciate some opinions on it from both sides of the coin, "Arguement." I just don't know what to believe.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    wow, i just saw that a couple weeks ago. another teacher downloaded it for me.

    for the most part it is just conspiracy theorists gone wild though there are some really good points made by the film.

    i did not enjoy the video portion of the film as it was too distracting and not pertinent to their point.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Junior Sfere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands Texas
    Posts
    254
    I watched it when it first came out, loved it! I have to say I tell everyone I can to watch it. If only to open other minds to the fact that there are other ways to see things in life. I also highly recommend "The God Who Wasn't There".
    YOUR ONLY CULTURE IS BACTERIA!

    I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying ~ RUMI

    Ego stands in the way of love. When it is removed we can flow like a river. ~AMMA~


    LIVE AS IF YOU ARE TO DIE TOMORROW. LEARN AS IF YOU ARE TO LIVE FOREVER...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Whether it is true or not you should understand why it would have practically no impact on the belief of a Christian. The Christian believes that the Christ represents the central event in human history prophesied and forshadowed by many events so the Christian would only consider these parallels that the film claims to exist as God's way of pointing everyone to that central event and would certainly not credit the absurd claim that Jesus was not an historical person or that the gospel is just a fabrication from previous myths.

    However since I believe that God wants people to be completely free not to believe in Him because a belief in Him is not of universal benefit to all people, then if these parallels make it easier for some people to dismiss Christianity and deny the existence of God then that is according to plan as well.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Junior Sfere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands Texas
    Posts
    254
    I had to read that twice before I understood the point (not your fault, mine). We as humans are impressionable just look at society... What we are taught by our parents, society, media etc. from a young age about what is right and what is wrong. From a psychological standpoint most have lost the ability decipher the code of logic. We as a society have gone and created a society in which does not accept us, including religion.
    YOUR ONLY CULTURE IS BACTERIA!

    I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying ~ RUMI

    Ego stands in the way of love. When it is removed we can flow like a river. ~AMMA~


    LIVE AS IF YOU ARE TO DIE TOMORROW. LEARN AS IF YOU ARE TO LIVE FOREVER...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    However since I believe that God wants people to be completely free not to believe in Him because a belief in Him is not of universal benefit to all people, then if these parallels make it easier for some people to dismiss Christianity and deny the existence of God then that is according to plan as well.
    this contradicts the scripture that says 'God wishes that all men would be saved'
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Junior newnothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    226
    Watch this less stressful clip 7000000000 which is similar to the Zeitgist film except it is just 6 mins and no commentary.
    ~ Ones ultimate perfection depends on the development of all the members of society ~ Kabbalah
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    However since I believe that God wants people to be completely free not to believe in Him because a belief in Him is not of universal benefit to all people, then if these parallels make it easier for some people to dismiss Christianity and deny the existence of God then that is according to plan as well.
    this contradicts the scripture that says 'God wishes that all men would be saved'
    Yes, God does want all human beings to be saved, but what I said DOES NOT contradict this. When Jesus explains why He speaks in parables in Matt 13:10-15 what He says might also seem that it contradicts this in precisely the same way.

    "Then the disciples came and said to Him, "Why do you speak to them in parables?" And He answered them, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. for to him who has will more be given, and he who has not even what he has will be taken away. This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand."
    People are not saved by any knowledge given to human beings. They are saved by God according to His knowledge and His understanding and His timetable. Thus God gives to each what is best for him to know and understand at that time. Unlike human beings God puts our well being first, ahead of everything else. If it does not seem like it at times, it is because we do not understand what is best.

    Yes, God does want all human beings to be saved, but not all human beings are saved. This is because God is not the magic man sugar daddy who gives us whatever we want. He is bound by the limits of logical consistency and one consequence is that our salvation requires us to make a choice. So even though salvation is offered to all as a free gift, not all accept that gift.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    your post excludes somuch and puts the responsibility of man's destruction upon God not humans. you would be wrong as manhas free choice to decide and if they didn't God could not judge them in the end nor send them to hell for by your logic men are innocent and God is guilty.

    you also ignore rom. 3:23 and 6:23 among other verses which puts the resp. on man not God to make the choice. plus you would be saying that man is not free to make his choice and that would contradict scriputre and make God a liar... and down the same road we go...

    also you ignore the work of the devil thus are not using all the 'data' to come to your conclusion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    to answer the OP, the film mixes some truth with conspiracy theories while offering no proof for the majrity of its claims.

    having a guy no one has heard about saying governments are being taken out on purpose IS NOT EVIDENCE, it is only hearsay, which most of that film employs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    It is difficult to even comprehend that archie is responding to what I said since his reply seems to be written as a response to someone saying something completely different. Is this because he is talking to someone else or because he did not read past a couple of sentences again?

    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    your post excludes somuch and puts the responsibility of man's destruction upon God not humans. you would be wrong as
    Incorrect. My post puts the responsibility for man's destruction 100% upon themselves and 0% upon God. It is only man's salvation that is 0% due to themselves and 100% due to the work of God.

    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    man has free choice to decide and if they didn't God could not judge them in the end nor send them to hell for by your logic men are innocent and God is guilty.
    Correct. And that is why I said, "our salvation requires us to make a choice. So even though salvation is offered to all as a free gift, not all accept that gift."


    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    you also ignore rom. 3:23 and 6:23 among other verses
    Nothing in Romans (my favorite epistle) or John (my favorite gospel) escapes my notice let alone is ignored by me (the epistles of 1 Cor and the gospel of Matt come in very close seconds, in the old testament my favorites are Genesis, Isaiha and Job).


    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    which puts the resp. on man not God to make the choice.
    That is absolutely correct. Christ died FOR ALL. God loves ALL. God does the work to save ALL. But our salvation requires a choice on our part and it is that choice that makes the difference, but only in regards to result and not in regards to merit.


    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    also you ignore the work of the devil thus are not using all the 'data' to come to your conclusion.
    Quite correct. I do not listen to the devil at all. That is not data but lies. The devil is of no significance except to those who listen to him but more importanly to those who try to pass the responsibility for the evil in their lives on him.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    i thought MM was the moderator of this forum? why is skin walker usurping MM's responsibilities?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    i thought MM was the moderator of this forum? why is skin walker usurping MM's responsibilities?
    I am only the moderator of the religion subsection. SkinWalker is the administrator of the whole forum. We moderators lend a helping hand but SkinWalker does all the real work.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    so they have no confidence in your abilities. okay.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    so they have no confidence in your abilities. okay.
    LOL

    Poor archie...

    LOL
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    The Christian believes that the Christ represents the central event in human history prophesied and forshadowed by many events
    Correction, "mythical" events.

    the absurd claim that Jesus was not an historical person or that the gospel is just a fabrication from previous myths.
    Is that the extent of your rebuttal? HA!
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    the absurd claim that Jesus was not an historical person or that the gospel is just a fabrication from previous myths.
    Is that the extent of your rebuttal? HA!
    No I did not claim that it was a rebuttal but only made the rather obvious observation that Christians would not give any serious consideration to such an hypothesis. I would say that the evidence that Jesus is an historical person, is as overwhelming as the the evidence for evolution.

    Now, the rather amusing question to ask you is this: Which approach are you going to take? That I am not a Christian and therefore represent a non-Christian opinion that the person Jesus of Nazareth really existed, OR that I am a Christian and therefore that it is a tautology that I would believe that this was an historical person? LOL I predict that you will take, as usual, the most question begging approach, that anyone who believes that Jesus actually existed must automatically be considered biased. LOL
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    927
    humans are actually hardwired to be gullible. its an evolutionary adaptation,
    so that we can more easily learn what is passed on from parent to child.
    its probably partly why children learn so much faster than older people.
    young children never second-guess what they are taught, grownups however tend to second guess every bit of information that is passed onto them, and the real old farts belives nothing is true.

    they did an experiment with chimps and humans, with a see through box with a hole on the top, where a person first put a stick in through the hole in the top, which hit a floor, and did nothing at all. they then put the stick which ejected a piece of candy / food.
    the 3-4 year old human children mimicked the whole process exactly, even though they could plainly see poking the stick through the top hole did nothing.
    the chimps however went straight for what worked.

    and thats pretty much what i think religion is. you're poking the stick through the top hole, it does nothing. but you keep poking in the belief that it helps you get your reward in the afterlife.
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
    A.C Doyle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    humans are actually hardwired to be gullible. its an evolutionary adaptation,
    oh, puuullleeeaaassseee...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    humans are actually hardwired to be gullible. its an evolutionary adaptation,
    oh, puuullleeeaaassseee...
    kudos
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by punarmusiko
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    humans are actually hardwired to be gullible. its an evolutionary adaptation,
    oh, puuullleeeaaassseee...
    kudos
    Yes I agree. This is one of archies more insightful comments.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    humans are actually hardwired to be gullible. its an evolutionary adaptation,
    oh, puuullleeeaaassseee...
    You actually took that out of context. So did everyone who responded to you.
    What he was stating is that children are like sponges. Their brain development is very fast and they learn very quickly. If a child is told that God exists, they will grow up usually believing in God. Same with Thor, Aphrodite, Loki, Yahweh, Allah, etc.
    That is why if you are born in a specific culture then you will most likely be of that faith.

    And if Christianity was the only way to get to heaven then God would be racist since he knows this fact that children will believe what they are told.
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Junior Sfere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Woodlands Texas
    Posts
    254
    And if Christianity was the only way to get to heaven then God would be racist since he knows this fact that children will believe what they are told.

    My thoughts exactly.....
    YOUR ONLY CULTURE IS BACTERIA!

    I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying ~ RUMI

    Ego stands in the way of love. When it is removed we can flow like a river. ~AMMA~


    LIVE AS IF YOU ARE TO DIE TOMORROW. LEARN AS IF YOU ARE TO LIVE FOREVER...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Sophomore hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    175
    the rather obvious observation that Christians would not give any serious consideration to such an hypothesis. I would say that the evidence that Jesus is an historical person, is as overwhelming as the the evidence for evolution.
    What a bad comparison. Evolution evidence is overwhelming. The historical evidence for Jesus is sparse, but does exist. You might enlighten a few people by giving an example of the evidence.

    I do note that you lean on faith on one hand and claim evidence on the other hand. of course Christians are going to be close minded on this issue.

    If there is evidence why claim faith?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie
    the rather obvious observation that Christians would not give any serious consideration to such an hypothesis. I would say that the evidence that Jesus is an historical person, is as overwhelming as the the evidence for evolution.
    The historical evidence for Jesus is sparse, but does exist. You might enlighten a few people by giving an example of the evidence.
    I would also like to point out that, my posting here proves I exist, but it does not prove that I am magical in any way. Although I am

    Quote Originally Posted by hokie
    I do note that you lean on faith on one hand and claim evidence on the other hand. of course Christians are going to be close minded on this issue.

    If there is evidence why claim faith?
    hehe. Got him there
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by hokie
    If there is evidence why claim faith?
    Because I don't buy into your self-delusion that you don't operate on faith. There is blind faith and there is rational faith, and which of these you use is the real question. I don't claim or have any use for blind faith or the kind of self-delusion that archaeologist participates in. Science is one of the best examples of rational faith and its difference from religion is not the absence of faith but its objective methodology that does not have universal applicability, and of course what it puts its faith in. So I also have no use for the self-delusions of people that pretend that their beliefs are based on reason and objective evidence alone. We come to different conclusions on a few things because we start with different premises, and we start with unproven premises because we must. Science cannot exist without doing so and more importantly people cannot live their lives without doing so. So you make your choices and I make mine. But I will not credit dishonest arrogant delusions of self-superiority that your choices are better than mine.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    I would also like to point out that, my posting here proves I exist
    does it? you are saying that you are a sleepy turtle who can communicate in english and type? or that such a creature exists in the animal kingdom?

    You actually took that out of context. So did everyone who responded to you.
    What he was stating is that children are like sponges
    not really, what i quoted was his thesis, the rest was his argument in favor of that thesis.

    And if Christianity was the only way to get to heaven then God would be racist since he knows this fact that children will believe what they are to
    two things why you are wrong:

    1. Jesus, not christianity, is the way to heaven and God.
    2. God would not be a racist as children do not belong solely to just one nationality. all children have equal opportunity to believe. plus they grow up and learn that they can make other decisions.

    i know for a fact that many children taught about God in christian homes, some who even graduated from bible college who leave the faith and stop believing in God, so your statement is without merit and made loosely.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    I would also like to point out that, my posting here proves I exist
    does it? you are saying that you are a sleepy turtle who can communicate in english and type? or that such a creature exists in the animal kingdom?
    That's a little pedantic of you. No, I am a 16 year old English male Human.

    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    i know for a fact that many children taught about God in christian homes, some who even graduated from bible college who leave the faith and stop believing in God, so your statement is without merit and made loosely.
    So, when we get down to it, christianity is a belief, that you may or may not believe in?

    Wow, deep, deep stuff we're talking about

    Don't think anyone will argue with you there.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    That's a little pedantic of you. No, I am a 16 year old English male Human
    except we do not know that and your persona could be a false creation to fool others. for all we know you are an 87year old fat women of african descent.

    posting here does not prove you exist, we have to accept your words by faith that you are telling the truth as any 'evidence' you provide could be manipulated to create an alter ego.

    since we cannot see you actually type among other physical proofs needed to establishyour identity and existence.

    much like God and the Bible. you have to take what he said about the past and himself by faith and use the little physical evidence we have to strengthen that faith. we then follow His commands and words BY faith though we get more evidence and help along the way via Christ and the Holy Spirit.

    you do not have such help.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Yeah, you're right, I'm not real...
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    That's a little pedantic of you. No, I am a 16 year old English male Human
    except we do not know that and your persona could be a false creation to fool others. for all we know you are an 87year old fat women of african descent.

    posting here does not prove you exist, we have to accept your words by faith that you are telling the truth as any 'evidence' you provide could be manipulated to create an alter ego.

    since we cannot see you actually type among other physical proofs needed to establishyour identity and existence.

    much like God and the Bible. you have to take what he said about the past and himself by faith and use the little physical evidence we have to strengthen that faith. we then follow His commands and words BY faith though we get more evidence and help along the way via Christ and the Holy Spirit.

    you do not have such help.
    Wrong. Drowsy has me. I am his messiah... his son sent down from the stripper factory. In a sense, I am a savior...
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    humans are actually hardwired to be gullible. its an evolutionary adaptation,
    oh, puuullleeeaaassseee...
    You actually took that out of context. So did everyone who responded to you.
    What he was stating is that children are like sponges. Their brain development is very fast and they learn very quickly. If a child is told that God exists, they will grow up usually believing in God. Same with Thor, Aphrodite, Loki, Yahweh, Allah, etc.
    That is why if you are born in a specific culture then you will most likely be of that faith.

    And if Christianity was the only way to get to heaven then God would be racist since he knows this fact that children will believe what they are told.
    I think you missed the irony of declaring humanity inevitably gullible and then going on about evolutionary adaptions (for which there is no evidence)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Do you believe in black people? White people? Asians? They are the "victims" of evolutionary adaptation. Don't give me that shit saying that there is no evidence. If evolution didn't exist then humans wouldn't be of various races. We would all have the same exact genetic structure. What really angers me is when ignorant individuals say that there is no evidence for evolution.
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Do you believe in black people? White people? Asians? They are the "victims" of evolutionary adaptation. Don't give me that shit saying that there is no evidence. If evolution didn't exist then humans wouldn't be of various races. We would all have the same exact genetic structure. What really angers me is when ignorant individuals say that there is no evidence for evolution.
    I take it you did miss the irony ... unless you have evidence that gullibility is an evidenced tool of evolution
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    What are you saying exacly?
    He never said gullibility was based off of evolution. He simply stated that ideas evolve and change and how if a child will believe anything their parents say.
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by punarmusiko
    I take it you did miss the irony ... unless you have evidence that gullibility is an evidenced tool of evolution
    In my case archies comment just made me giggle uncontrollably. Part of the reason was that I tried several times to compose a response to dejawolf's post and failed to find any way of expressing what there was a about it bothered me. Then archie's comment just sort of seemed to hit the spot, so much so that I laugh every time I read it.

    But I think punarmusiko is onto something here. Perhaps the irony is found in the guilability that is evidenced by those who make the theory of evolution into universal philosphy and theory of everything until we find them hoisting themselves by the own petard so to speak.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Do you believe in black people? White people? Asians? They are the "victims" of evolutionary adaptation. Don't give me that shit saying that there is no evidence. If evolution didn't exist then humans wouldn't be of various races. We would all have the same exact genetic structure. What really angers me is when ignorant individuals say that there is no evidence for evolution.
    that is genetics NOT evolution. please prove evolution was responsible for the changes and while you are at it please prove it actually exists.

    accordign to your argument, you have made a claim so the burdenof proof is upon you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1
    I was hoping to hear more on the other issues then about religion because I am curious to know what you all think beside the religion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Do you believe in black people? White people? Asians? They are the "victims" of evolutionary adaptation. Don't give me that shit saying that there is no evidence. If evolution didn't exist then humans wouldn't be of various races. We would all have the same exact genetic structure. What really angers me is when ignorant individuals say that there is no evidence for evolution.
    that is genetics NOT evolution. please prove evolution was responsible for the changes and while you are at it please prove it actually exists.

    accordign to your argument, you have made a claim so the burdenof proof is upon you.
    Do you believe that your genes can mutate and change? If not, how do you explain violet eyes? Violet eyes are violet because of mutated genes. Evolution is a series of mutated genes. Evolution deals with genetics and every geneticist will say that evolution is real.
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Here let me prove it for you.

    If a parent with GG eyes mates with a person with BB eyes, then their child will be GB, GB, GB, GB. Since violet eyes are soo rare and only a handful of people have them, this violet eyes must go outside of this LAW of genetics. Since it is going outside of this law, that only leaves one option.. Mutation within the genetic structure. Now this person has violet eyes do to a mutation.
    Make sense?
    Now take that person who has a mutation and mate them with someone else.. That person has a change to adapt those violet eyes. (their child does) This gene keeps being passed down from parent to child. Eventually a new mutation takes place and that person gains another trait.
    Now if a BAD mutation takes place that harms the person in question, they will be unlikely to mate and will die before they are able to pass on the bad genes.. Thus only good genes are more likely to be passed on. Does this make sense?
    That is evolution through natural selection in laymans terms.
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    I was hoping to hear more on the other issues then about religion because I am curious to know what you all think beside the religion.
    Can you expand on this? Can you tell us about some of these issues you see besides religion that you would be interested in hearing about?
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    That's a little pedantic of you. No, I am a 16 year old English male Human
    except we do not know that and your persona could be a false creation to fool others. for all we know you are an 87year old fat women of african descent.

    posting here does not prove you exist, we have to accept your words by faith that you are telling the truth as any 'evidence' you provide could be manipulated to create an alter ego.

    since we cannot see you actually type among other physical proofs needed to establishyour identity and existence.

    much like God and the Bible. you have to take what he said about the past and himself by faith and use the little physical evidence we have to strengthen that faith. we then follow His commands and words BY faith though we get more evidence and help along the way via Christ and the Holy Spirit.

    you do not have such help.
    Wrong. Drowsy has me. I am his messiah... his son sent down from the stripper factory. In a sense, I am a savior...
    Yes. Verzen can vouch for me, and I for him, so we both exist.

    Oh, and by the way, we're extremely magical. But we don't like letting you see our magic
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    I was hoping to hear more on the other issues then about religion because I am curious to know what you all think beside the religion
    ignoring verzenand d.t., the film was a genuine conspiracy theory with a few truths mixed in to make it seem credible. if you noticed they did not verify the spokesman's identity and did not prove he was inbvolved or knew anything that took place inthose countries he claimed were 'hits' on government leaders.

    as for the attackon hussein in iraq, that was bush jr. looking to finish daddy's war and gain his approval.

    now religion was part of the movie and it was done so-so. at best all the movie will do is raise fear among people and let paranoia take root.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Oh I get it. Whenever someone proves that evolution is real, you ignore the speaker.. so in essence you ignore the people who inform you and are kind enough to grant you the knowledge we have. So you are proud of your ignorance and you refuse to listen to anyone who has evidence even when you demand the evidence yourself.

    ... *sigh*
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    not at all. you can't prove evolution true because it does not exist.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    I was hoping to hear more on the other issues then about religion because I am curious to know what you all think beside the religion
    ignoring verzenand d.t.
    You dismiss us that easily? But we have irrefutable proof that we exist, and because we exist we can assure you that we are magical.

    This explains so much, including penguins.

    @ Verzen: What stupid and pointless things should we make people do in our name, then?
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    whatever...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    not at all. you can't prove evolution true because it does not exist.
    Did you even read my reasoning? Or did you gloss over it without giving it a second thought? Everything I said was true. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that evolution is real. In fact, I have an IQ of about 136-139. People with a higher IQ tend to believe in Evolution while those with a lower IQ believe in God who created everything 6000 years ago.
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by drowsy turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    I was hoping to hear more on the other issues then about religion because I am curious to know what you all think beside the religion
    ignoring verzenand d.t.
    You dismiss us that easily? But we have irrefutable proof that we exist, and because we exist we can assure you that we are magical.

    This explains so much, including penguins.

    @ Verzen: What stupid and pointless things should we make people do in our name, then?
    Lets give multiple creatures wings.. and then to add insult to injury, lets prevent them from being able to fly! .. Oh wait, God beat us to that...
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    You forgot about my ability to send strippers back in time to do my work...

    Let's command that people have to kill each other sometimes, and also that they aren't allowed to kill each other, that'll be a laugh.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    I wonder what would happen if we say that rape is immoral, but as long as it's a virgin its ok...
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Tell them to be lazy on Sundays?

    We can go on for a long time like this, but I suspect we'll end up in the trash can
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Oh but there is a rule that we have to add... Shellfish is an abomination...
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #54  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    not at all. you can't prove evolution true because it does not exist.
    Did you even read my reasoning? Or did you gloss over it without giving it a second thought? Everything I said was true. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that evolution is real. In fact, I have an IQ of about 136-139. People with a higher IQ tend to believe in Evolution while those with a lower IQ believe in God who created everything 6000 years ago.
    still does not make evolution true or correct.

    We can go on for a long time like this, but I suspect we'll end up in the trash can
    i am not the one taking this off topic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #55  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Arch, that is not the proof that I supplied. I supplied the proof way back there.. Go look at back posts and read it and respond to it pls. Don't ignore it.
    "Democracy is a problem because it treats everyone as equals." - Betty Fischer

    "back in the 50's or 60's Nicky Criuz was a gang leader who met David Wilkerson in New York City. After much discussion over months or years, i forget how long, Wilkerson's wife became pregnant. one day Cruz decides to test God, he basically prayed--God if you are real let the baby be born a boy-- it was a boy. "
    - Logic of a creationist

    Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur
    ""What can be asserted without reason, can be dismissed without reason. ""
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #56  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    787
    i ignore it as it is not on topic. the subject is the movie zeiltgeist or however you spell it. if yo haven't seen the film i highly doubt you are stillable to as i was told it was going to be removed shortly after i had it downloaded by someone who did.

    I deleted my version after i viewed it and felt it was not worth seeing again. I do not like conspiracy theory type movies or stories as there are too many holes in their 'evidence' and perspective.

    i would like to hear from anyone who knows anythign about the banking system and who has seen the film so i can verify their claims about debt, etc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #57  
    Reptile Dysfunction drowsy turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,255
    Quote Originally Posted by archaeologist
    We can go on for a long time like this, but I suspect we'll end up in the trash can
    i am not the one taking this off topic.
    Nooo, I was saying that we should stop and bring it back on topic.
    "The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." ~ Douglas Adams
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •