Notices
Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence?

  1. #1 God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence?

    Man has paid a high price for the fact that God wants to create a perfect, non sinning, man.

    He has killed us with brimstone and fire and a genocidal flood. He promises an infinity of suffering for those of us sinners who do not follow this genocidal maniac.

    All because He is not competent enough to create what scripture says He creates and that is a perfect work in the form of a man.

    Deuteronomy 32:4
    He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he

    I say that God should stop hiding in His shame and step up.

    Either give us a sample or stop killing us.

    Debate.

    Is it moral for God to ask us to match an ideal without giving us a living sample?

    Regards
    DL


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Does your God kill men? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Does your God kill men?

    Many follow Jesus and other Gods that profess love for mankind and yet kills us.

    My God dos not kill or otherwise break His laws and is as passive as your God in ending the woes of the world. He as well does not interfere unless called upon. I digress.

    Genocide has come up on occasion as it pertains to the flood of Noah.

    I wondered if the followers of Jesus would stand beside Him at His next exercise of killing men, women, children and babies, without protest?

    Will you believers be there?

    Regards
    DL


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112

    Moderator action: topics combined.
    One new topic without a reply is the limit. Does that rule give you a useful guidline you can follow?
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    All because He is not competent enough to create what scripture says He creates and that is a perfect work in the form of a man.
    Think of it like this. God created us perfect to his design. We unperfected his design ourselves through our own desires.


    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Is it moral for God to ask us to match an ideal without giving us a living sample?
    God requires belief and faith. If you are trying your hardest to please God, it doesnt matter if you make mistakes. Faith is all that matters.

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5 Re: Does your God kill men? 
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    My God dos not kill or otherwise break His laws and is as passive as your God in ending the woes of the world. He as well does not interfere unless called upon. I digress.
    Are you saying that our God has broken a law? The laws that govern man are for man. God is not subject to them.

    You're God does not kill, but clearly he doesn't do anything overtly positive either if he stays out of mans affairs.

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 G-d did breed a perfect man! 
    Gyd
    Gyd is offline
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    73
    Yeshua is the one perfect man bred by G-d. But nobody seems
    to get it. I still don't get it, but that does not matter. All that I need to do
    to make G-d happy, IS TO BELIEVE IT. Believing in Yeshua who is
    perfect is enough. Yeshua is the only begotten so of G-d.
    You try and make it far to complicated my friend. Just a little
    bit of faith is all that is required of you. Then Yeshua will do the rest.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Sophomore Gods servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    173
    this guy, talks alot of rubbish,aiming mostly at christians. i wonder what question you gona ask next...oooo... did g-d sleep with wo-g-d to make a lion? and ppl don't bother answering his questions, his a NOOB.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Think of it like this. God created us perfect to his design. We unperfected his design ourselves through our own desires.
    Impossible. God is supposed to be omnipotent, hence he can perfect his design at will at any time. And if he was omniscient, he would have known that and built in safeguards so that we cannot imperfect his design.

    God requires belief and faith. If you are trying your hardest to please God, it doesnt matter if you make mistakes. Faith is all that matters.
    Why would anyone want to please a god who is incompetent, impotent and stupid?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Think of it like this. God created us perfect to his design. We unperfected his design ourselves through our own desires.
    Impossible. God is supposed to be omnipotent, hence he can perfect his design at will at any time. And if he was omniscient, he would have known that and built in safeguards so that we cannot imperfect his design.
    Firstly just because he can make things perfect again doesn't mean he has to or necessarily wants to. Secondly if he made us built in with safegaurds we would simply be an other animal. No higher awareness. No real free will. God made us in his image so that we could have all of that. Any other critera and we stop being made in the image of God

    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    God requires belief and faith. If you are trying your hardest to please God, it doesnt matter if you make mistakes. Faith is all that matters.
    Why would anyone want to please a god who is incompetent, impotent and stupid?
    Your reply to my statement doesn't seem to have any relevance to it. Elaborate.

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by (Q)
    Why would anyone want to please a god who is incompetent, impotent and stupid?
    They come from Essex? :?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Gyd
    Gyd is offline
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods servant
    this guy, talks alot of rubbish,aiming mostly at christians. i wonder what question you gona ask next...oooo... did g-d sleep with wo-g-d to make a lion? and ppl don't bother answering his questions, his a NOOB.

    WHAT?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods servant
    this guy, talks alot of rubbish,aiming mostly at christians. i wonder what question you gona ask next...oooo... did g-d sleep with wo-g-d to make a lion? and ppl don't bother answering his questions, his a NOOB.

    oh YOUR god this is hilarious

    is it just me or is this post as bad as the post it is bashing?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13 Re: Does your God kill men? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    My God dos not kill or otherwise break His laws and is as passive as your God in ending the woes of the world. He as well does not interfere unless called upon. I digress.
    Are you saying that our God has broken a law? The laws that govern man are for man. God is not subject to them.

    You're God does not kill, but clearly he doesn't do anything overtly positive either if he stays out of mans affairs.
    When was the last time your God did something positive for man?

    Faith alone without knowledge or evidence is for fools. It leads to belief in talking snakes and ten headed monsters.

    As to God's laws, if we are in His image then I would suggest that all laws are for Him as well as us.

    No , do as I say and not as I do allowed.
    The lawmaker must follow His own law if He is to be trusted.

    Ants follow the God of ants, an ant.
    Cats follow the God of cats, a cat.

    This is natural.

    Why would you think it natural for man, a natural animal, to follow some alien God that is not a man.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14 Re: G-d did breed a perfect man! 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyd
    Yeshua is the one perfect man bred by G-d. But nobody seems
    to get it. I still don't get it, but that does not matter. All that I need to do
    to make G-d happy, IS TO BELIEVE IT. Believing in Yeshua who is
    perfect is enough. Yeshua is the only begotten so of G-d.
    You try and make it far to complicated my friend. Just a little
    bit of faith is all that is required of you. Then Yeshua will do the rest.
    What does he think of Gays, slaves and women and equality?

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods servant
    this guy, talks alot of rubbish,aiming mostly at christians. i wonder what question you gona ask next...oooo... did g-d sleep with wo-g-d to make a lion? and ppl don't bother answering his questions, his a NOOB.
    God + woman = abomination.


    Consider God as a species and man as a different species.

    Usually, entities reproduce with their own kind.

    God with Goddess is then OK.

    Man with woman is then OK.

    God with woman is then. Not OK .

    Man with Goddess is then Not OK.

    There are lower species as well to us as we are to God.

    God would not set a precedent that says it is OK to reproduce with a lower species. If He did, it would open the door for man and our meat.

    Consider also, the trinity.

    Simply said, if Jesus was in the beginning then He was before his mother was and he would not go forward in time to somehow impregnate his own mother. Such takes paradox too far.

    God is a full God. Not a chimera. To say that Jesus is somehow part of God is to insult both man and God.
    He has the same position of highs and lows as we all get in heaven. Heaven is communistic demographic shape and no one shares 1st place with God the father.

    God does not reproduce out of wedlock. He does not break His own laws.

    God + woman = abomination.


    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by mormoopid
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods servant
    this guy, talks alot of rubbish,aiming mostly at christians. i wonder what question you gona ask next...oooo... did g-d sleep with wo-g-d to make a lion? and ppl don't bother answering his questions, his a NOOB.

    oh YOUR god this is hilarious

    is it just me or is this post as bad as the post it is bashing?
    I tend to bash with logic, not name calling.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence?

    Man has paid a high price for the fact that God wants to create a perfect, non sinning, man.

    He has killed us with brimstone and fire and a genocidal flood. He promises an infinity of suffering for those of us sinners who do not follow this genocidal maniac.

    All because He is not competent enough to create what scripture says He creates and that is a perfect work in the form of a man.

    Deuteronomy 32:4
    He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he

    I say that God should stop hiding in His shame and step up.

    Either give us a sample or stop killing us.

    Debate.

    Is it moral for God to ask us to match an ideal without giving us a living sample?

    Regards
    DL
    I thought jesus was the sample
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Imagine a parent that decides that he is going to raise the perfect child.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    My conclusion: Since it is obvious that the child has a nightmare for a parent, I don't think perfection is in the cards. If the child doesn't end up shooting this parent then the parent is lucky.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Sophomore Gods servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    173
    oh YOUR god this is hilarious
    were did you see these in my post ? were! .


    is it just me or is this post as bad as the post it is bashing?
    balalala, STFU, i can bash on any post as I FEEL LIKE!;as G.I.A.M can bash on christianity any time he feels like it.


    I tend to bash with logic, not name calling.
    YOU!, BASH WITH LOGIC. HA..HAHAHAHA... YEAAAAAAA.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by sox

    Firstly just because he can make things perfect again doesn't mean he has to or necessarily wants to.
    Then, by your logic, there is no reason for him to make things perfect in the first place. And, if you're right, he wouldn't have wiped out everyone on the planet with a flood. Clearly, he was incapable of making changes without starting over and he did want to make changes.

    Secondly if he made us built in with safegaurds we would simply be an other animal. No higher awareness. No real free will.
    You cannot maintain an argument of free will if you also believe the bible where it states god has complete control over everyone's destiny. Sorry, you can't have your cake and eat it too. Having safeguards doesn't have anything to do with higher awareness. And, btw, we are animals.

    God made us in his image so that we could have all of that. Any other critera and we stop being made in the image of God
    Then, if god made us in HIS image, HE is exactly like us, imperfect, frail, making mistakes, ignorant, all the things we are, hence he will always fail in his design to make us perfect if he continues to make us in his image.

    Your reply to my statement doesn't seem to have any relevance to it. Elaborate.
    God is incompetent because he is unable to create a perfect design, he continues to fail in that today. He is impotent because he can't change anything at will. He is stupid because he can't get anything right and has to kill all us in order to start over.
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Sorry, you can't have your Christ and eat it too
    Fixed for humor.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Sorry, you can't have your Christ and eat it too
    Fixed for humor.
    Hmmm.... with the doctrine of transubstantiation, a lot of Christians apparently think they can.


    P.S. I think this doctrine is just little wierd.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    Sorry, you can't have your Christ and eat it too
    Fixed for humor.
    Hmmm.... with the doctrine of transubstantiation, a lot of Christians apparently think they can.


    P.S. I think this doctrine is just little wierd.
    That's the point of the joke.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by punarmusiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence?

    Man has paid a high price for the fact that God wants to create a perfect, non sinning, man.

    He has killed us with brimstone and fire and a genocidal flood. He promises an infinity of suffering for those of us sinners who do not follow this genocidal maniac.

    All because He is not competent enough to create what scripture says He creates and that is a perfect work in the form of a man.

    Deuteronomy 32:4
    He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he

    I say that God should stop hiding in His shame and step up.

    Either give us a sample or stop killing us.

    Debate.

    Is it moral for God to ask us to match an ideal without giving us a living sample?

    Regards
    DL
    I thought jesus was the sample
    Jesus/God was a genocidal maniac for using Noah's flood on us. A traitor to humanity. I this your idea of a perfect man. one that kills other men by the millions?

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Imagine a parent that decides that he is going to raise the perfect child.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    My conclusion: Since it is obvious that the child has a nightmare for a parent, I don't think perfection is in the cards. If the child doesn't end up shooting this parent then the parent is lucky.
    All children are perfect.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Imagine a parent that decides that he is going to raise the perfect child.
    .
    .
    My conclusion: Since it is obvious that the child has a nightmare for a parent, I don't think perfection is in the cards. If the child doesn't end up shooting this parent then the parent is lucky.
    All children are perfect.
    Even worse than the parent described above is the parent who children "can do no wrong" for this is a parent who cannot help their child gain any regard for the well being of others. The child of such parents will be given over to an absolute tyranny of their own desires. This parent shares a mental illness very similar to the one I previously described and both deprive their children of freedom to make mistakes. Since it is mistakes that we learn from these parents both insist that their children do not learn. The first demands that their children know without learning anything for themselves and the second teach their children to replace learning with self delusion. These parents apparently have no use for intellegent or living children but our of their intolerance for the humanity of their child endeavor to crush and destroy whatever intellegence or life they may have as soon as possible.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by verzen
    That's the point of the joke.
    It wasn't wasted. I got it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    I thought jesus was the sample
    Jesus/God was a genocidal maniac for using Noah's flood on us. A traitor to humanity. I this your idea of a perfect man. one that kills other men by the millions?

    Regards
    DL
    I guess as long as one views the body as the ultimate repository for the self one will always find the idea of god problematic .... from slippery bathtubs to old age, millions of people die every day
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by punarmusiko
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    I thought jesus was the sample
    Jesus/God was a genocidal maniac for using Noah's flood on us. A traitor to humanity. I this your idea of a perfect man. one that kills other men by the millions?

    Regards
    DL
    I guess as long as one views the body as the ultimate repository for the self one will always find the idea of god problematic .... from slippery bathtubs to old age, millions of people die every day
    Bathtubs do not profess to love you.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Sophomore Gods servant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    173
    hahaha , am starting to like this guy after all. God can choose to destroy you or me any thing GOD fells like, after all he is the creater of the univerese.

    you topic reminds me of a book about "GODS failiurs", ha, i like that book it funny .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods servant
    hahaha , am starting to like this guy after all. God can choose to destroy you or me any thing GOD fells like, after all he is the creater of the univerese.

    you topic reminds me of a book about "GODS failiurs", ha, i like that book it funny .
    How can you know that God created the universe?
    I know that the Bible says so but why else?

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    (Q)
    (Q) is offline
    Forum Isotope (Q)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods servant
    hahaha , am starting to like this guy after all. God can choose to destroy you or me any thing GOD fells like, after all he is the creater of the univerese.
    Does that explain the tsunami of 2004?
    Religious Fundamentalist Club - Member #1.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33 Re: God cannot breed a perfect man. Incompetence? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by punarmusiko
    I thought jesus was the sample
    Jesus/God was a genocidal maniac for using Noah's flood on us. A traitor to humanity. I this your idea of a perfect man. one that kills other men by the millions?

    Regards
    DL
    I see you are bringing a few extra cards to the table .....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by Gods servant
    hahaha , am starting to like this guy after all. God can choose to destroy you or me any thing GOD fells like, after all he is the creater of the univerese.

    you topic reminds me of a book about "GODS failiurs", ha, i like that book it funny .
    How can you know that God created the universe?
    I know that the Bible says so but why else?

    Regards
    DL
    last time I checked scripture also offered ideas on how to apply one's self in order to know god ..... I guess one can just read it and do nothing also though ...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •