Notices
Results 1 to 36 of 36

Thread: Is God back sliding?

  1. #1 Is God back sliding? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Is God back sliding?

    God is said to have begun as the master of all.
    From that position, He began to create the universe we see today.
    He should still be master of all of it but many think that He has lost the perfection and control of angels, then man.

    If He is no longer master of all then He is a backslider.
    If He still is master of all then why is He not exercising this control.

    It seems that many think that angels and man are masters of their own fate.

    God has given up hell to Satan and earth to man or Satan depending on your point of view.

    Is this back sliding?

    I should point out that I believe that our universe is still perfect as is all that happens here but I am soundly criticized for this view. Few see perfection around us. They believe that evil has somehow snookered God.
    They believe that God must return to set things right.

    Your thoughts please.

    Regards
    DL


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    Master of all?? That's not entirely true. He has power over all. That does not mean he uses it to control us though.

    Based on the bible, man is master of his own fate. If God controlled us their would be no hell would their?



    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Master of all?? That's not entirely true. He has power over all. That does not mean he uses it to control us though.

    Based on the bible, man is master of his own fate. If God controlled us their would be no hell would their?
    The God I follow has no hell.
    All souls are perfect and get to heaven.

    God does not go oops when creating souls.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Master of all?? That's not entirely true. He has power over all. That does not mean he uses it to control us though.

    Based on the bible, man is master of his own fate. If God controlled us their would be no hell would their?
    The God I follow has no hell.
    All souls are perfect and get to heaven.

    God does not go oops when creating souls.

    Regards
    DL
    What God do you follow? Its not any God I've heard of.

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Master of all?? That's not entirely true. He has power over all. That does not mean he uses it to control us though.

    Based on the bible, man is master of his own fate. If God controlled us their would be no hell would their?
    The God I follow has no hell.
    All souls are perfect and get to heaven.

    God does not go oops when creating souls.

    Regards
    DL
    What God do you follow? Its not any God I've heard of.
    Most have not it seems.

    Most see the bungling God of scripture and still follow Him.
    I chose not to although I did take what philosophy I could from scripture. Some is quite good and believable. Some is garbage in the sense that both Christ and the Antichrist speak from its pages. The trick is deciding who is speaking.

    When I was a non believer I used many of the same arguments that I use today and basically challenged God to either live up to my expectations of what a God should be like and looked for Him.

    I found Him.

    It -spoke- to me just the once both because I was driven to know the truth and because if it had not manifested at that point in time I had about decided that I knew the perfect systems around me but was to give it to chance instead of God. I would have been wrong if I would have given up.

    In scripture much has been written by those said to be in the spirit when revelation touched them. To me this means in telepathic communication. This is a real phenomena and I say this because I had the same experience the one time with my wife. She confirms for me the reality of it and without this confirmation I would probably have put the contact to a waking dream of hallucination.

    To me God is more of a cosmic consciousness that was born with the death of the first true man.
    It is a natural evolution of us. No great creator or miracle worker but a consolidation of souls that share information in an organized open way. Most seek some miracle worker but fortunately It does not do miracles. That would foul up our free will.

    It basically confirmed that my thinking of religion and that my conclusions were sound. The message, if you will, other than the most important fact that it existed was to chastise me for not thinking demographically enough. No repent or I will come soon. He does not work that way. He will never come to us. It is to us to seek if we want to find.

    The old prophets were venerated and wrote scripture. New prophets like myself who bother to come out are thought more as insane or some such. Too bad for us as well as the rest of the people.

    The old prophets did the best with what they had but God, thank God, has evolved quite a bit since then and is perhaps a little better to understand. At least for me but most are still stuck in the year1.

    I do express myself poorly as well but in the time I have been here I have seen glimmers of hope in the thinking of some. Perhaps 1 in 100.

    Not a rewarding task to try to change thinking patterns.

    If you are still reading after the telepathy part, I will be happy for any questions.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    I wouldn't argue on what you guys are saying.

    How you see God depends on a lot of factors.

    And throughout the ages, metaphors and others have mixed with reality so much that everything seem too dubius.


    But here are my thoughts: Why is God not controlling us or why is he not using his power over us? Ans. Free Will
    Free Will is one of God's greatest gift to us. He cannot choose for us. We choose for ourselves.

    Heaven and Hell? These are states of our conscousness when we die. The more guild you have, the more punishing conscsiousness you'll have. If you die happy, a blissful consciousness.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    God does not go oops when creating souls.
    That's true, but (religeously) the way a "soul is measured" is not how and where it
    was created, rather the path it chooses to follow.

    If heaven exists, I doubt that Hitler has a VIP pass to it..
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEJ
    I wouldn't argue on what you guys are saying.

    How you see God depends on a lot of factors.

    And throughout the ages, metaphors and others have mixed with reality so much that everything seem too dubius.


    But here are my thoughts: Why is God not controlling us or why is he not using his power over us? Ans. Free Will
    Free Will is one of God's greatest gift to us. He cannot choose for us. We choose for ourselves.

    Heaven and Hell? These are states of our conscousness when we die. The more guild you have, the more punishing conscsiousness you'll have. If you die happy, a blissful consciousness.
    At death, when you join a cosmic conscience, the adjustment to thinking and an understanding of the underlying truth quickly shows you that all men do the best with what they have. Guilt quickly disappears. Heaven or the conscience does not live in sorrow and guilt. It is happy. Heaven is a happy place. There is no hell.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuka
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    God does not go oops when creating souls.
    That's true, but (religeously) the way a "soul is measured" is not how and where it
    was created, rather the path it chooses to follow.

    If heaven exists, I doubt that Hitler has a VIP pass to it..
    If God exists then He would not lose any souls.

    He cannot be seen as a loser.

    Like it or not we will all taste of Hitler's thoughts.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    Most see the bungling God of scripture and still follow Him.
    I chose not to although I did take what philosophy I could from scripture. Some is quite good and believable. Some is garbage in the sense that both Christ and the Antichrist speak from its pages. The trick is deciding who is speaking.

    Based on this paragraph I think its fair to say that you have not understood the bible as a whole. If you understand the bible as a whole the "good bits" and the "garbage bits" actually fuse together to form one coherent picture.

    To me God is more of a cosmic consciousness that was born with the death of the first true man.
    It is a natural evolution of us. No great creator or miracle worker but a consolidation of souls that share information in an organized open way. Most seek some miracle worker but fortunately It does not do miracles. That would foul up our free will.

    Hmmm with respect I think you're going to find it hard to convert people over to believing in your god. Three questions that spring to mind just on reading over this once are:

    1) If God was born with the death of the first true man, where did we come from and more importantly, how did God come into existance after the first true man had died? There is no evidence in the bible to support that theory.

    2) Why would you worship something that isn't all powerful? Surely the fact that man gave rise to God would suggest that God is dependent on us.

    3) How would miracles foul up our free will?


    So sorry but you wont be converting me! Unless your answers to these questions are VERY detailed and VERY convincing.

    Cheers, sox

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    A final question, does this god affect our lives? Or do we simply join him when we die?

    Im totally confused. You ahve made up a God that cannot be found in the bible but have said that you accept certain bits of the bible?

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Most see the bungling God of scripture and still follow Him.
    I chose not to although I did take what philosophy I could from scripture. Some is quite good and believable. Some is garbage in the sense that both Christ and the Antichrist speak from its pages. The trick is deciding who is speaking.

    Based on this paragraph I think its fair to say that you have not understood the bible as a whole. If you understand the bible as a whole the "good bits" and the "garbage bits" actually fuse together to form one coherent picture.

    To me God is more of a cosmic consciousness that was born with the death of the first true man.
    It is a natural evolution of us. No great creator or miracle worker but a consolidation of souls that share information in an organized open way. Most seek some miracle worker but fortunately It does not do miracles. That would foul up our free will.

    Hmmm with respect I think you're going to find it hard to convert people over to believing in your god. Three questions that spring to mind just on reading over this once are:

    1) If God was born with the death of the first true man, where did we come from and more importantly, how did God come into existance after the first true man had died? There is no evidence in the bible to support that theory.

    2) Why would you worship something that isn't all powerful? Surely the fact that man gave rise to God would suggest that God is dependent on us.

    3) How would miracles foul up our free will?


    So sorry but you wont be converting me! Unless your answers to these questions are VERY detailed and VERY convincing.

    Cheers, sox
    sox

    1) If God was born with the death of the first true man, where did we come from and more importantly, how did God come into existence after the first true man had died? There is no evidence in the bible to support that theory.

    Like Einstein and others have said. It would be impossible to know what was before the big bang because all the laws of physics would be broken down.

    We can only know what was with the comprehension of a conscience.
    Before the first conscience nothing can be known.

    There is no way for us to know what was before someone is there to observe it. We are part of a natural system that has somehow created us. Be it intelligent or not does not matter. We are here. Our next evolution is within a cosmic conscience that exists. How it came to be we cannot know. I am quite sure that the first to arrive there was mystified and sought an answer. He/She/It is still searching for that answer the same way scientist today are searching for what was before the big bang. They may never know how we physically started and we may never know how the cosmic consciousness started.

    Man existed for many years before we started to pass on what we knew in myths and legends. All we can do is speculate.

    I will not do so because I have no clue as to how it all started. I do know it is there. I have touched it only the one time and can only tell you what I found.

    There is some -evidence- in scripture that starts by telling us that God is non corporeal. Much of the Bible is written by those said to have been -in the spirit- when revelation was given. I call that telepathic communication with the Godhead or cosmic consciousness. Is that proof. Only you can say. Joining it is the next evolution step in our life evolution. Life does not stop with our death.

    God has been sought by all nation on all continents before man started to cross them. Coincidence. I do not think so. The old prophets, shaman, witch doctors tapped into something that we now call God. Enough people knew that reality was stranger than what they saw and the different religions and cults began.

    The fact that no new miracles have happened since ancient days says that they were probably never there.
    Accessing the Godhead was both a surprise and a disappointment in the sense that I like all others would love to have access to a miracle or two, but alas, no such thing. All miracles would go against nature and we are part of that nature. You say there is no evidence in the Bible to support what I say. I agree. I would say further that there is no evidence in the Bible to support anything. It offers words only. So do I



    2) Why would you worship something that isn't all powerful? Surely the fact that man gave rise to God would suggest that God is dependent on us.

    I do not worship the Godhead. It is there. Dogs are lower than man. They do not worship man. They just recognize that man is there. I do respect the knowledge and wisdom that I saw there and recognize that I have some learning to do. None of us can be as bright as a coalition of billions of thinking powers. You do fell small and stupid when you first recognize where you are. Scripture says that when God comes, He will come with a load shout. I took it as chastisement when told to thing demographically but in retrospect it was a whisper that I heard very loudly. I do not know if I would say that It is dependent on us. I live and do not depend on others for survival. It survives and wants to grow and need us for that but if none of us were left, it, as far as I know, would continue. I do know that we are not to worship anything. All is evolving at all times. All is fleeting. Even scripture tells us not to bow down to idols. Think of yourself as king of the world with your people in front of you.
    Would you like them all on their knees and faces or would you prefer them standing and ready and looking at you. I prefer the latter. Why would I want people on knees and faces. I certainly do not feel the need to in order to show respect.


    3) How would miracles foul up our free will?
    I expect that any miracle you could name would have an effect on others. We are all in this natural system. Any miracle would go against nature, at least any that I can think of. Something like the butterfly effect. IE. I just changed my car from an egg beater to a super duty mean machine. Someone had to make the steel and all the parts. I suddenly need more fuel. Someone has to pump it and on it goes.

    It is impossible to show a negative. I cannot prove that there are no miracles. I can only prove that none are here.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    A final question, does this god affect our lives? Or do we simply join him when we die?

    Im totally confused. You ahve made up a God that cannot be found in the bible but have said that you accept certain bits of the bible?
    It has certainly had an effect on me but it does not interfere without you seeking it out and it only has an effect on thinking with the input of information that you gain.
    It certainly had an effect on the old prophets.
    So yes, it has a large effect but only to thought and wisdom. Some of these misguided thoughts and wisdoms are responsible for many atrocities perpetrated by all religions throughout history.

    Scripture says seek and you shall find.

    All Bibles have value for thought. They all contain good and evil thinking. They are mostly all exclusive plans instead of being inclusive plans. My way or hell is the usual.
    This is changing but slowly.

    I do use some scripture that makes logical sense or if I fell it applies to the conversation because it is a short form and most debates I have are with those those who believe in part in a God.

    See you in heaven.

    regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Greatest I am

    If God existed, then I would have to agree with you on a few points, particularly that there cannot be a hell. However, there is one problem with this. Ultimate accountability. People need to believe in it. If everyone in the world believed that nothing they could do would ever preclude them from entering heaven when they die, what kind of a world would you expect to see?

    According to this faith, we are limited in our earthly bodies, but get enlightened upon our deaths. These limitations of ours, coupled with the knowledge of guaranteed heaven upon death, would plunge this earth into perpetual chaos. In fact, if everyone really believed this, what would stop people from simply committing mass suicide? I mean, why prolong the wait?

    In fact, I would be very suspicious of you......:|
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    Greatest I am

    If God existed, then I would have to agree with you on a few points, particularly that there cannot be a hell. However, there is one problem with this. Ultimate accountability. People need to believe in it. If everyone in the world believed that nothing they could do would ever preclude them from entering heaven when they die, what kind of a world would you expect to see?

    According to this faith, we are limited in our earthly bodies, but get enlightened upon our deaths. These limitations of ours, coupled with the knowledge of guaranteed heaven upon death, would plunge this earth into perpetual chaos. In fact, if everyone really believed this, what would stop people from simply committing mass suicide? I mean, why prolong the wait?

    In fact, I would be very suspicious of you......:|
    Those that would do the crimes we fear have no faith one way or another anyway. They don't care if there is a hell.most think hell is here.

    As to mass suicide. Our will to live is what keeps us here, not our fear of death.
    Few parents would think of suicide but would be quick to take a bulet for the ones they love.

    I have known for 20 odd years that there is a God and a heaven. I did not pull out my fire arm and speed my trip. I'm not special.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    Chicken...
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Those that would do the crimes we fear have no faith one way or another anyway.
    Have you ever watched the news or read a history book? While I am acknowledging that non-believers have done "evil" themselves with some kind of justification, let's look at the other side of the coin for a moment. Acts of "evil" are and have been perpetrated by believers. Suicide bomber kill themselves thinking that heaven is waiting for them. How many wars have and is still being fought in the name of various religions? Now extrapolate that into the whole world being made out of believers coupled to the fact that they truly believe that nothing they do could ever preclude them from an afterlife in heaven. That would be the end of humanity.

    A will to live rather than afraid to die, as in live your life as opposed to only being alive? I don't think they are mutually exclusive. We are genetically programmed to fear death. We are genetically programmed as social animals.

    Those that would do the crimes we fear have no faith one way or another anyway.
    I sympathise with your idea of heaven for all, I really do. Knowing what I know of psychology, no human could ever deserve an eternity of pain and anguish. You might say that there is still "work to be done"? I am just saying that a religion without fear of a hell can be a VERY dangerous thing. We have not developed enough to be able to exist in such a state without the most dire of consequences.


    PS: TSK TSK, HANUKA
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Ph.D. Hanuka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 10th Kingdom xD
    Posts
    750
    WHaaatt?? he is! :P
    Good Brother
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    The truths that matter to us the most are often left half-spoken..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    Those that would do the crimes we fear have no faith one way or another anyway.
    Have you ever watched the news or read a history book? While I am acknowledging that non-believers have done "evil" themselves with some kind of justification, let's look at the other side of the coin for a moment. Acts of "evil" are and have been perpetrated by believers. Suicide bomber kill themselves thinking that heaven is waiting for them. How many wars have and is still being fought in the name of various religions? Now extrapolate that into the whole world being made out of believers coupled to the fact that they truly believe that nothing they do could ever preclude them from an afterlife in heaven. That would be the end of humanity.

    A will to live rather than afraid to die, as in live your life as opposed to only being alive? I don't think they are mutually exclusive. We are genetically programmed to fear death. We are genetically programmed as social animals.

    Those that would do the crimes we fear have no faith one way or another anyway.
    I sympathise with your idea of heaven for all, I really do. Knowing what I know of psychology, no human could ever deserve an eternity of pain and anguish. You might say that there is still "work to be done"? I am just saying that a religion without fear of a hell can be a VERY dangerous thing. We have not developed enough to be able to exist in such a state without the most dire of consequences.


    PS: TSK TSK, HANUKA
    Most evil is driven by fear and insecurity that produces greed. Why would you or God want to add more fear to the mix?

    As to suicide bombers, they have these same attributes. Note that they are usually young and are doing to mainly for the security and funds that will help their familles. Their motives are political, not spiritual.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,079
    The thread title is inherently contradictory.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by free radical
    The thread title is inherently contradictory.
    Some what like all Bibles.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by free radical
    The thread title is inherently contradictory.
    Thanks for the explanation.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by free radical
    The thread title is inherently contradictory.
    Some what like all Bibles.

    Regards
    DL
    Nope... there aint no contradictions im afraid...

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by free radical
    The thread title is inherently contradictory.
    Some what like all Bibles.

    Regards
    DL
    Nope... there aint no contradictions im afraid...
    In the Bible? No contradictions? Hehehehe hahahaha. I'm sure I can find one bless it.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by 425 Chaotic Requisition
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Quote Originally Posted by free radical
    The thread title is inherently contradictory.
    Some what like all Bibles.

    Regards
    DL
    Nope... there aint no contradictions im afraid...
    In the Bible? No contradictions? Hehehehe hahahaha. I'm sure I can find one bless it.
    If Bibles are to be food for thought then they would be useless without contradictions. No contradictions = no discussion. No discussion = no insight.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    You dont need contradictions to have insight.

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    You dont need contradictions to have insight.
    Yeah, you need objectivity!
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    SOX

    KALSTER

    Decision.
    Based on evaluation pro-con
    ? Objective? Evaluation
    Objective=judgment
    Thou shall not judge?
    Not judge good and evil=not know God or sense of morality.
    Give that up -Never

    Wat cha tink buds.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    sox
    sox is offline
    Forum Masters Degree sox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Uk - Scotland
    Posts
    598
    I did not understand what you just said at all! lol

    Again I will say, that for about 99% of the bible, if you think theres a contradiction it's because you havent understood the context of whats been said. 8)

    __________________________________________________ _____________
    "Happy is the man who can recognise in the work of To-day a connected portion of the work of life, and an embodiment of the work of Eternity. The foundations of his confidence are unchangeable, for he has been made a partaker of Infinity." - James Clerk Maxwell
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30 Re: Is God back sliding? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Is God back sliding?

    God is said to have begun as the master of all.
    From that position, He began to create the universe we see today.
    He should still be master of all of it but many think that He has lost the perfection and control of angels, then man.

    If He is no longer master of all then He is a backslider.
    If He still is master of all then why is He not exercising this control.

    It seems that many think that angels and man are masters of their own fate.

    God has given up hell to Satan and earth to man or Satan depending on your point of view.

    Is this back sliding?

    I should point out that I believe that our universe is still perfect as is all that happens here but I am soundly criticized for this view. Few see perfection around us. They believe that evil has somehow snookered God.
    They believe that God must return to set things right.

    Your thoughts please.

    Regards
    DL
    When and if you have a child are you going to control every aspect of his/her life? Or as a good parent who loves them will you let them make their own decisions, form their own opinions make there own mistakes. Free will is his gift to us. We can either choose his will for our life or choose to follow our own. And God did not "give" up anything. By the way Satan is not in charge of hell, and, contrary to popular belief does not live there. That is like saying a criminals home or headquarters is jail. And there are things around that us that are beautiful and appear perfect but we do not unfortunately live in a perfect world, it is fallen. Sorry bro but in a perfect world the Holocaust would never have happened.
    I think therefore I am, I think
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31 Re: Is God back sliding? 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattandstuff
    When and if you have a child are you going to control every aspect of his/her life? Or as a good parent who loves them will you let them make their own decisions, form their own opinions make there own mistakes. Free will is his gift to us. We can either choose his will for our life or choose to follow our own. And God did not "give" up anything. By the way Satan is not in charge of hell, and, contrary to popular belief does not live there. That is like saying a criminals home or headquarters is jail. And there are things around that us that are beautiful and appear perfect but we do not unfortunately live in a perfect world, it is fallen. Sorry bro but in a perfect world the Holocaust would never have happened.
    While I showed only the greatest contempt for your other thread, I appreciate your efforts here. Rational explanations and arguments don't seem to be of much use against GIA and so I have pretty much stopped responding to his spam-like proliferation of threads. In this case, and the other atheist threads I have yet found too ludicrous to be worth a response, you have my encouragement.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32 Re: Is God back sliding? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattandstuff
    When and if you have a child are you going to control every aspect of his/her life? Or as a good parent who loves them will you let them make their own decisions, form their own opinions make there own mistakes. Free will is his gift to us. We can either choose his will for our life or choose to follow our own. And God did not "give" up anything. By the way Satan is not in charge of hell, and, contrary to popular belief does not live there. That is like saying a criminals home or headquarters is jail. And there are things around that us that are beautiful and appear perfect but we do not unfortunately live in a perfect world, it is fallen. Sorry bro but in a perfect world the Holocaust would never have happened.
    While I showed only the greatest contempt for your other thread, I appreciate your efforts here. Rational explanations and arguments don't seem to be of much use against GIA and so I have pretty much stopped responding to his spam-like proliferation of threads. In this case, and the other atheist threads I have yet found too ludicrous to be worth a response, you have my encouragement.
    Thank you. I am glad we agree on something. Speaking of which I checked out your site, it seem pretty cool, what is your opinion of the Alcubierre drive with regards to interstellar travel? I would lying if I said I understood it all, but he seems to have "cured" the effects of time dilation and energy requirements....
    I think therefore I am, I think
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by sox
    I did not understand what you just said at all! lol

    Again I will say, that for about 99% of the bible, if you think theres a contradiction it's because you havent understood the context of whats been said. 8)

    Context please.

    Deuteronomy 21
    18If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them:
    19Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place;
    20And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard.
    21And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

    Lets grab the kids.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34 Re: Is God back sliding? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    675
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattandstuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatest I am
    Is God back sliding?

    God is said to have begun as the master of all.
    From that position, He began to create the universe we see today.
    He should still be master of all of it but many think that He has lost the perfection and control of angels, then man.

    If He is no longer master of all then He is a backslider.
    If He still is master of all then why is He not exercising this control.

    It seems that many think that angels and man are masters of their own fate.

    God has given up hell to Satan and earth to man or Satan depending on your point of view.

    Is this back sliding?

    I should point out that I believe that our universe is still perfect as is all that happens here but I am soundly criticized for this view. Few see perfection around us. They believe that evil has somehow snookered God.
    They believe that God must return to set things right.

    Your thoughts please.

    Regards
    DL
    When and if you have a child are you going to control every aspect of his/her life? Or as a good parent who loves them will you let them make their own decisions, form their own opinions make there own mistakes. Free will is his gift to us. We can either choose his will for our life or choose to follow our own. And God did not "give" up anything. By the way Satan is not in charge of hell, and, contrary to popular belief does not live there. That is like saying a criminals home or headquarters is jail. And there are things around that us that are beautiful and appear perfect but we do not unfortunately live in a perfect world, it is fallen. Sorry bro but in a perfect world the Holocaust would never have happened.
    Drop in the bucket as compared to the flood. Not to disrespect Jews in any way.

    Most that profess to have faith in God, any God, stop short at believing scripture that says that God is perfect and does perfect works.

    God creates perfection and puts it all about and these believers do not see it.

    Oh well.

    As to parenting, I agree with most of the benefits you and I would allow our children. I note though that you forgot guidance.

    Regards
    DL
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35 Re: Is God back sliding? 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattandstuff
    Speaking of which I checked out your site, it seem pretty cool, what is your opinion of the Alcubierre drive with regards to interstellar travel? I would lying if I said I understood it all, but he seems to have "cured" the effects of time dilation and energy requirements....
    My opinion is that this sounds like a typical premise for science fiction and thus a source of great fun and entertainment, but that is all. The facts of relativity are indeed a consequence of the structure of space time but a local change in that structure cannot alter the realities of time dilation because this is not a local effect. You would have to alter the space-time structure of the entire universe, because otherwise there would be logical contradictions and this constitutes a proof by contradiction that this is nonsense. This seems to be derived from a typical misunderstanding of relativity based on only a superficial introductory understanding of the theory that supposes that time dilation is some kind of time slowing effect of relativistic speeds. It isn't. There is no such time slowing effect and thus there is nothing that can be "cured" as you put it. Time dilation is a consequence of the way that the events of this universe relate (are connected) to one another.

    As for curing the energy problems that is completely laughable, because the energy cost would be in the formation and maintence of this bubble and thus a claim that this would solve the energy problems would first require an explanation of how such a "warp bubble" could actually be formed. It is fun to pretend that we could ignore the laws of physics and so we enertain ourselves with stories of magic --- great fun.


    PS. I spent 9 of my childhood years in Baltimore, I cannot say that I miss it though.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36 Re: Is God back sliding? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattandstuff
    Speaking of which I checked out your site, it seem pretty cool, what is your opinion of the Alcubierre drive with regards to interstellar travel? I would lying if I said I understood it all, but he seems to have "cured" the effects of time dilation and energy requirements....
    My opinion is that this sounds like a typical premise for science fiction and thus a source of great fun and entertainment, but that is all. The facts of relativity are indeed a consequence of the structure of space time but a local change in that structure cannot alter the realities of time dilation because this is not a local effect. You would have to alter the space-time structure of the entire universe, because otherwise there would be logical contradictions and this constitutes a proof by contradiction that this is nonsense. This seems to be derived from a typical misunderstanding of relativity based on only a superficial introductory understanding of the theory that supposes that time dilation is some kind of time slowing effect of relativistic speeds. It isn't. There is no such time slowing effect and thus there is nothing that can be "cured" as you put it. Time dilation is a consequence of the way that the events of this universe relate (are connected) to one another.

    As for curing the energy problems that is completely laughable, because the energy cost would be in the formation and maintence of this bubble and thus a claim that this would solve the energy problems would first require an explanation of how such a "warp bubble" could actually be formed. It is fun to pretend that we could ignore the laws of physics and so we enertain ourselves with stories of magic --- great fun.


    PS. I spent 9 of my childhood years in Baltimore, I cannot say that I miss it though.
    Yeah I have been here since May, not a fan so far....I do enjoy the orioles games though...
    I think therefore I am, I think
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •