Notices
Results 1 to 48 of 48

Thread: ATTENTION:People Of The Earth Planets Don't Exist.

  1. #1 ATTENTION:People Of The Earth Planets Don't Exist. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    [~] = divide bye!
    [x] = times bye!

    ILLUSION 1: Venus (diameter) 12,103.6 km ~ Moon (diameter) 3476 km = 3.4820 times larger then Moon, for Venus to look the same size of the Sun as the Moon does from Earth, we would have to calculate the distance of the Moon from the Earth and multiply it 3.4820 times.

    Venus is 3.4820 times larger then the Moon, therefore, a distance 3.4820 times away from Earth is needed to create the same optical illusion the Moon does with the Sun.

    Moon distance from Earth: 384,400 km x 3.4820 = 1,338,480.8 km.

    Venus would have to be 1,338,480.8 kilometers away from Earth to look the same size of the Sun as the Moon does from Earth. And since the Earth is 149,600,000 km away from the Sun, Venus would have to orbit at 148,261,519.2 from the Sun.

    [149,600,000] - [1,338,480.8] = 148,261,519.2 km.

    Science-fiction tells us that Venus occupies the 108,200,000 km position from the Sun, a (difference) of 40,061,519.2 km from Earth, if we take the (hypothetical orbit) of where Venus would appear to have the same size of the Sun from Earth (1,338,480.8 km) and divide it with the (difference) we'd have an approximate of what Venus really looks like in size when viewed from Earth compared to the Sun in her original orbit.

    40,061,519.2 (divided) by 1,338,480.8 = 29.93

    Venus in her original orbital position loses 30% the size of the Sun as it appears on Earth in our skies.

    The Scientistic Radicals will argue that Venus fits 114.84 times along the Sun’s diameter and that to cover the whole surface disk area of the Sun you would need 13,189 images of Venus, this is incorrectly false, here is the proof of that confusing and deceptive scientific lie.

    If you would for a moment consider Venus in her hypothetical orbit around Earth where she creates the optical illusion of being the same size as the Sun appears in our skies, Venus at this orbit would appear 100% the same size of the Sun, would fill in all the imaginary 13,189 surface area disk of the Sun. When Venus reassumes her original orbit a certain percentage of that optic, a certain amount of those imaginary surface area disk slots are lost. Lets calculate what percentage and how many surface area disk slots Venus retains in her 108,200,000 km position from the Sun.

    ILLUSION 2: On the percentage scale starting at (zero) being the Sun, Venus is 1/13,189 the size of the Sun and all the way-out to her hypothetical orbit of (148,261,519.2) being a 100 percent of the Sun’s size as seen on Earth. When resuming to her original orbit at 108,200,000 km Venus would lose a certain percentage of that optic when viewed from Earth, to calculate that lose we’ll put the hypothetical orbit on a percentage scale and divide into her original position from the Sun.

    108,200,000 km ~ 148,261,519.2 km = 72.97% Venus RETAINS in size compared to our Sun as it appears like in our skies. OPTICS

    -------------------------------------------------

    ILLUSION 3: On the imaginary surface area disk scale Venus is 1/13,189 the size of the Sun and when in her hypothetical orbit (148,261,519.2) Venus covers all the imaginary 13,189 [V] slots, when resuming to her original orbit at 108,200,000 km again a certain amount of these “slots” are lost. Lets calculate how many slots Venus retains when resuming her original position.

    13,189 (slots) ~ 148,261,519.2 (km) = 0.000088957 slots per kilometer.
    0.000088957 x 108,200,000 (km) = 9,625.1474 slots/13,189
    9,622 ~ 13,189 = (72.97%)

    When viewing the planet named Venus (optically) she would have the appearance of almost 3/4 the size of our Sun as seen in OUR sky.

    Whatever ILLUSION you choose, remember that GOD’S light shines for everyone, this is my ILLUSION of Venus.
    http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/263/mycollagezi2.jpg


    Regards,

    The Punisher.


    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    127
    stfu


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Either this is the most successful attempt to introduce some comedy or it is just stupid. Every single point of this list can be easily falsified with even the most basic lecture book on astronomy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Professor serpicojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    JRZ
    Posts
    1,069
    The icing on the cake is his desire to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    "God, forgive them, for they don't know what they're doing."
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    I've moved this to pseudoscience only because we don't have a pseudoreligion sub-forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Either this is the most successful attempt to introduce some comedy or it is just stupid. Every single point of this list can be easily falsified with even the most basic lecture book on astronomy.
    Okay astronomer, single out one point and prove it wrong, you won't be able, that's why you haven't done it.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Masters Degree bit4bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    The Sun doesn't have hydrogen gas or liquid in it, the Sun doesn't fuse atoms to create energy either, its GOD'S light.
    So what about other stars?

    1) Nowhere on earth can you find hydrogen gas, liquid or solid, you must separate hydrogen atoms from water, dead biological
    materials and natural gas molecules, were in this universe of yours do you find these materials?
    Hydrogen is one of the most abundant elements on Earth. Most of it is 'trapped' in compounds such as water, as you say....however, hydrogen can be easily liberated from these compounds, and can exist freely in the Earth's atmosphere... and in some volcanic regions, or decomposition of biological matter, it does. Besides, conditions in space, and in the sun, are much different from those on Earth, and in space hydrogen gas clouds exist freely...

    2) Science says the Sun is mostly hydrogen in the form of a gas, but to make it a gas you have to extract it from the element
    its bond to, how and what kind of generator does the Sun use to seperate the atoms from whatever material science believes
    it gets it from?
    The sun was formed by hydrogen gas clouds coming together, under gravity, until eventually, so much had lumped together that the pressure inside was great enough for fusion. The sun is in fact a plasma..having it's own local magnetic and electric fields.

    3) Were does the Sun find the oxygen for fusion to occur, NASA uses hydrogen as fuel, but can't do anything with it if its not
    mixed with oxygen?
    NASA combusts hydrogen chemically in their rockets (i.e. burns with oxygen)...but fusion of hydrogen is a nuclear reaction, made possible by the hugh pressures inside the sun from a huge mass, and hence huge gravity.

    4)What kind of a reactor does the sun use to control and sustain a steady flow of this fusion from not becoming a chain reaction
    causing an explosion
    At this stage in a stars 'lifetime' there is a steady balance between the stars' gravity pulling inward, and the pressure inside from the heat of the reactions pushing outwards.

    5) How do the atoms fuse, with no friction, there's no friction in outer space, how do they heat up to fuse?

    Don't even think about gravity, with no air you still have no friction, you need an atmosphere for friction (air), when they landed
    on the moon, there was no friction, yet there was gravity!
    The atoms fuse since they are under great enough pressures for the hydrogen nuclei to get close enough for the strong nuclear force to become greater then the electrostatic repulsion between them. They exist in such a state, as a plasma, which is state of matter comprising freely flowing charged particles, and occurs under the gravitational pressure of the sun.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    So what about other stars?
    Don't talk about places that you haven't been to, like stars or Heaven, stick to the places you know, earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    hydrogen can be easily liberated from these compounds, and can exist freely in the Earth's atmosphere... and in some volcanic regions, or decomposition of biological matter, it does. Besides, conditions in space, and in the sun, are much different from those on Earth, and in space hydrogen gas clouds exist freely...
    Precisely, those conditions make all the difference, on earth, the living planet acts as generator, this is why the planet is able to liberate the above mentioned, in space there is no life.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    The sun was formed by hydrogen gas clouds coming together, under gravity, until eventually, so much had lumped together that the pressure inside was great enough for fusion. The sun is in fact a plasma..having it's own local magnetic and electric fields.
    Pressure is friction. No air, no friction.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    NASA combusts hydrogen chemically in their rockets (i.e. burns with oxygen)...but fusion of hydrogen is a nuclear reaction, made possible by the hugh pressures inside the sun from a huge mass, and hence huge gravity.
    Again, friction. No air, no friction.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    At this stage in a stars 'lifetime' there is a steady balance between the stars' gravity pulling inward, and the pressure inside from the heat of the reactions pushing outwards.
    Stick to the places that you know, earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    The atoms fuse since they are under great enough pressures for the hydrogen nuclei to get close enough for the strong nuclear force to become greater then the electrostatic repulsion between them. They exist in such a state, as a plasma, which is state of matter comprising freely flowing charged particles, and occurs under the gravitational pressure of the sun.
    Friction, heat generated friction, extreme heat, without it, there can be no fusing of atoms, upon the colliding atoms there is contact, it is that contact that is friction. No friction, no fusion, no science, no theory, get you're money back from the schools.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,893
    My guess is that he's a troll, and is probably getting a kick out of anyone who tries to give a serious reply.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Scifor Refugee
    My guess is that he's a troll, and is probably getting a kick out of anyone who tries to give a serious reply.
    I'm getting more than a kick, you're science is comical.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    just out of interest, where do you get your idea from that pressure equals friction ?
    if i remember anything about the physics of friction, it's all to do with surface roughness and forces between bodies - where's your pressure enter the equation ?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Newcastle, you are either a troll or an idiot. (If the latter, your particular brand of idiocy could well give idiots a bad name.)

    As long as you continue to provide entertainment value I shall let your posts in this thread continue. If you attempt to infect any other threads your posts will simply be deleted.

    Ophiolite
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Newcastle, you are either a troll or an idiot. (If the latter, your particular brand of idiocy could well give idiots a bad name.)

    As long as you continue to provide entertainment value I shall let your posts in this thread continue. If you attempt to infect any other threads your posts will simply be deleted.

    Ophiolite
    Thank you sir, I'll do my best to amuse you within this thread alone.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    just out of interest, where do you get your idea from that pressure equals friction ?
    I drive a stick shift, the pressure plate of my vehicle eases off the friction when I hit the clutch pedal, allowing me to change gears.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Masters Degree bit4bit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Don't talk about places that you haven't been to, like stars or Heaven, stick to the places you know, earth.

    ...

    Stick to the places that you know, earth.
    Same goes for you then.

    Precisely, those conditions make all the difference, on earth, the living planet acts as generator, this is why the planet is able to liberate the above mentioned, in space there is no life.
    Hydrogen exists naturally in space as an element in its own right. On Earth, it can do so too, but because of the abundance of other elements, it forms chemical bonds with othr elements forming compounds. In space there is no such great abundance, and it generally exists independantly.

    "In space there is no life"

    Don't talk about places you have never been to, like space.

    Pressure is friction. No air, no friction.
    No. Pressure is force per unit area. P=F/A

    Friction is an opposing force to motion. F=uR. It can occur between any solid materials, and internally between layers of fluid/plasmas. Air is not needed.

    Again, friction. No air, no friction.
    You're missing the point.

    Friction, heat generated friction, extreme heat, without it, there can be no fusing of atoms, upon the colliding atoms there is contact, it is that contact that is friction. No friction, no fusion, no science, no theory, get you're money back from the schools.
    No. friction is not what initiates nuclear fusion, so talking about friction is irellivant:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_fusion
    Chance favours the prepared mind.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    Stick to the places that you know, earth.
    Same goes for you then.
    Who says I haven't, let's talk about religion and I'll show you
    how Heaven knows me.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    Hydrogen In space there is no such great abundance, and it generally exists independantly.
    And therefore it cannot ignite without oxygen, but you already knew that.
    So how does fusion take place in space (Sun) with no oxygen to ignite the
    hydrogen atoms?

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    Pressure is force per unit area. P=F/A
    True, and without air, you can't have any heat generating from that pressure.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    Friction is an opposing force to motion. F=uR. Air is not needed.
    Air is needed that's why there is no friction in space.

    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    No. friction is not what initiates nuclear fusion, so talking about friction is irellivant:
    Heat is needed for fusion, the whole principle is based on this to fuse the
    atoms, to get extreme heat for the fusion, the atoms must collide with
    extreme force, that collision can only be brought upon by contact, when
    the atoms touch this is friction, and this friction can only ignite with the
    presents of oxygen.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the circuitous haze of my mind
    Posts
    1,028
    new castle, you are a moron. You would be better off as fertilizer in my garden.
    Of all the wonders in the universe, none is likely more fascinating and complicated than human nature.

    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

    "Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence"

    -Einstein

    http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php

    Use your computing strength for science!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by bit4bit
    You're missing the point.
    You heard that the space shuttle can drift infinitely, because there's no resistance, no air, the resistance that generates heat are the molecules in
    the air, the only molecules that can ignite to produce heat are oxygen molecules. The oxygen molecules resist the force of pressure applied
    against them, but if the force is too strong, the oxygen molecules burst and ignite.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    This is absolute truth and it cannot be disputed by anyone with or without a science
    degrees, the Sun doesn't have hydrogen gas or liquid in it, the Sun doesn't fuse atoms
    to create energy either, its GOD'S light.
    I'm afraid, it's no joke. Let start off with the simplest answer: If it was really god, wouldn't it very easy for him to overcome all these alleged impossibilities you claim to have found? So, even the commonly accepted explanation does not rule out the existence of god.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    1) Nowhere on earth can you find hydrogen gas, liquid or solid, you must separate hydrogen atoms from water, dead biological materials and natural gas molecules, were in this universe of yours do you find these materials?
    This is no counter argument, because the earth is very different from the sun. You cannot draw any conclusions from non-detections on earth for other celestial bodies. It is a well established fact that hydrogen gas is the most abundant element in the universe. It has been measured without any doubt. The hydrogen of the sun stems from the formation process out of a molecular cloud.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    2) Science says the Sun is mostly hydrogen in the form of a gas, but to make it a gas you have to extract it from the element its bond to, how and what kind of generator does the Sun use to seperate the atoms from whatever material science believes it gets it from?
    Actually, it is the other way around. The generic form of hydrogen is the gas form. Water and all the other molecules containing hydrogen are a product. How do you explain the existence of water, ammonia, organic molecules that all contain hydrogen?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    3) Were does the Sun find the oxygen for fusion to occur, NASA uses hydrogen as fuel, but can't do anything with it if its not mixed with oxygen?
    Oxygen? Huh? Nuclear fusion does not necessarily need oxygen. The process combines four hydrogen ions (protons) to a single helium nucleus. However, the actual process that very likely is working in the sun uses carbon, oxygen and nitrogen as intermittent byproducts to finally produce helium. On the one hand, these elements are produced by the sun itself, on the other, a star like the sun does also contain traces of elements other than hydrogen right from the start. That has been measured as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    4)What kind of a reactor does the sun use to control and sustain a steady flow of this fusion from not becoming a chain reaction causing an explosion?
    The sun is a self-regulating reactor. Radiative pressure from within outbalances the gravitation from the outside. Here is how it works:

    fusion increases -> temperature rises -> radiative pressure increases -> sun expands -> temperature decreases -> fusion decreases -> sun shrinks

    And the other way around.


    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    5) How do the atoms fuse, with no friction, there's no friction in outer space, how do they heat up to fuse?
    They just hit each other. The core of the sun is so dense and hot that many hydrogen ions hit each other all the time. On the other hand, of course there is friction inside the sun. Much of the energy transport is done by convection. The sun is much denser than just space. Additionally, the sun is a plasma, i.e. the hydrogen gas is completely ionised. So you have free electric charges everywhere. The friction can therefore be caused by electric interactions. The heat comes from the pressure (this not identical to friction). Just like the fundamental laws of thermodynamics, a gas under high pressure in a small volume possesses a high temperature.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Don't even think about gravity, with no air you still have no friction, you need an atmosphere for friction (air), when they landed on the moon, there was no friction, yet there was gravity!
    First, the sun has an atmosphere, although you cannot breathe it. The ionised gas the sun is made of is there in such a large amount that it can produce lots of gravity the pushes from the outside. This is pressure. By definition, it is force per unit area. Friction is something different, although it can be stronger under higher pressure. You can have friction in liquids as well, don't you agree? I am not saying that the sun is liquid, but it demonstrates that your statement is wrong. Any kind of gas can suffer from friction.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    The scientist who acknowledges the LORD of Spirits reigns above all other
    scientific men, because GOD is the Greatest Scientist; HE uses science to create.
    Prove it!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Heat is needed for fusion, the whole principle is based on this to fuse the
    atoms, to get extreme heat for the fusion, the atoms must collide with
    extreme force, that collision can only be brought upon by contact, ...
    Correct until here ...

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    when the atoms touch this is friction, and this friction can only ignite with the presents of oxygen.
    Wrong. Atoms hitting each other is not friction. And you don't need oxygen to start fusion. What you are thinking of is burning hydrogen - oxygenation. This is something else. Spacecrafts do not use fusion as a propellant; they burn hydrogen to water.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    You heard that the space shuttle can drift infinitely, because there's no resistance, no air, the resistance that generates heat are the molecules in
    the air, the only molecules that can ignite to produce heat are oxygen molecules. The oxygen molecules resist the force of pressure applied
    against them, but if the force is too strong, the oxygen molecules burst and ignite.
    Wrong and irrelevant. The shuttle as well as the space station have to correct their orbits all the time, because even the incredibly thin atmosphere at a few hundred kilometres above the earth's surface cause enough friction to brake the spacecrafts. But just like the earth's atmosphere, the sun is made of gas, although with different abundances. Hence, it can also produce friction. But as has already been said, this is irrelevant.

    By the way, the must abundant gas in the earth's atmosphere is nitrogen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    So, even the commonly accepted explanation does not rule out the existence of god.
    But it does, based on earthly physics.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    It is a well established fact that hydrogen gas is the most abundant element in the universe.
    So what's you're point, how does this cause fusion in a zero oxygen environment?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    How do you explain the existence of water, ammonia, organic molecules that all contain hydrogen?
    I don't have to explain them, they exist!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Oxygen? Huh? Nuclear fusion does not necessarily need oxygen.
    Prove it!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    The sun is a self-regulating reactor.
    Self regulating reactor? You can't even prove fusion without oxygen!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Here is how it works: fusion increases -> temperature rises -> radiative pressure increases -> sun expands -> temperature decreases -> fusion decreases -> sun shrinks
    If the Sun shrank from the time before time, the Sun would have lost mass, it would have lost gravity pull, earth would take longer to rotate around the Sun.
    But the truth is the opposite, days are getting shorter!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    They just hit each other.
    The only things hitting each other are the few rocks in you're head.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Prove it!
    I just did!

    The scientist who acknowledges the LORD of Spirits reigns above all other
    scientific men, because GOD is the Greatest Scientist; HE uses science to create.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Oh, interesting. Now, we are getting personal. How nice and godly of you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    So, even the commonly accepted explanation does not rule out the existence of god.
    But it does, based on earthly physics.
    How so?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    It is a well established fact that hydrogen gas is the most abundant element in the universe.
    So what's you're point, how does this cause fusion in a zero oxygen environment?
    Well , you asked, where the hydrogen gas is coming from. And I told you that it is everywhere and it does not need to be extracted from other molecules.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    How do you explain the existence of water, ammonia, organic molecules that all contain hydrogen?
    I don't have to explain them, they exist!
    Very funny. With the same stance, I could just answer your questions with "Well it exists." If you are claiming that hydrogen must always be extracted, you have to explain, how it came to form bonds in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Oxygen? Huh? Nuclear fusion does not necessarily need oxygen.
    Prove it!
    How do I do this? Do I have a fusion reactor in my pocket? Do I store nuclear bombs in the cellar? You just have to accept that all the unholy H bombs work in the same manner - without a trace of oxygen inside. Also all the research fusion reactors only use tritium - no oxygen - to start fusion processes.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Here is how it works: fusion increases -> temperature rises -> radiative pressure increases -> sun expands -> temperature decreases -> fusion decreases -> sun shrinks
    If the Sun shrank from the time before time, the Sun would have lost mass, it would have lost gravity pull, earth would take longer to rotate around the Sun. But the truth is the opposite, days are getting shorter!
    Oh dear, a mixture of errors! I didn't mean "shrink" in the way that it loses mass. I meant expansion and relaxation similar to a balloon. Second, the revolution of the earth around the sun does not produce days but years. And in fact, the days are getting longer, because earth is losing angular momentum to the moon's orbit around earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    They just hit each other.
    The only things hitting each other are the few rocks in you're head.
    Fascinating. Don't talk about something you haven't been to. Now seriously: Temperature is a macroscopic measure of a statistic distribution of velocities of individual particles forming a large entity like a gas or a liquid. It is like a normal gas: When you compress it, it gets hot.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Prove it!
    I just did!
    How?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Oh, interesting. Now, we are getting personal. How nice and godly of you.
    Im sorry its just that Ive been called a moron and an idiot already on this
    board, just figured that is parlez around here, but you seem like gentleman,
    so I will be polite henceforth with you!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    So, even the commonly accepted explanation does
    not rule out the existence of god. >>But it does, based on earthly physics.<< How so?
    Never on earth has fusion been proven without oxygen, can't happen,
    even the H-bomb never detonated outside the earths atmosphere, at least
    not publicly documented, maybe they did but kept the results secret.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Well , you asked, where the hydrogen gas is coming
    from. And I told you that it is everywhere and it does not need to the extracted
    from other molecules.
    I'm not disputing that, GOD says only oxygen molecules can produce the spark, no
    other, and HE is the Greatest of all Scientists.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Very funny. With the same stance, I could just
    answer your questions with "Well it exists."
    I don't have to prove water, open the tap in the kitchen sink for that, but
    fusion without oxygen has never been proven.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Oxygen? Huh? Nuclear fusion does not necessarily
    need oxygen. >>Prove it!<< How do I do this? Do I have a fusion reactor
    in my pocket? Also all the research fusion reactors only use tritium - no
    oxygen - to start fusion processes.
    All reactors are in the open spaces of earth, air is everywhere, even in an
    empty shoe box, furthermore, reactors use Uranium for fuel, where does
    the Sun get its Uranium? I ask because you base the Sun's theory of fusion
    on the principles of Nuclear fusion from a reactor.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Oh dear, a mixture of errors! I didn't mean "shrink"
    in the way that it loses mass. I meant expansion an relaxation similar to a balloon.
    But you said: "Here is how it works: fusion increases -> temperature
    rises -> radiative pressure increases -> sun expands -> temperature
    decreases -> fusion decreases -> sun shrinks"

    a) So how does the temperature rise without the mass? If there is no gain in mass.
    b) How does the temperature decrease without loss in mass?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Second, the revolution of the earth around the sun
    does not produce days but years. And in fact, the days are getting longer,
    because earth is losing angular momentum to the moon's orbit around earth.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_year

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Now seriously: Temperature When you compress it, it gets hot.
    Yes only the oxygen molecule does that ignition from friction. They rub
    and generate heat until the pressure is so much that they burst and burn
    with other elements around them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Prove it! >>I just did!<< How?
    By you not being able to answer where does the Sun get its Uranium.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Well, I don't think that I could convince you with any argument, but for the sake of fairness and truth, I will reply to your answers. But I have already often witnessed that people drenched in religion tend to be very resistant against scientific arguments, because as soon as someone thinks, he knows the absolute truth, it is for him very difficult to accept other arguments that oppose that assumption. This is the strength of science, because it does not have such a initial assumption.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Never on earth has fusion been proven without oxygen, can't happen,
    even the H-bomb never detonated outside the earths atmosphere, at least
    not publicly documented, maybe they did but kept the results secret.
    The reactive agents are sealed within a chamber. There is no air.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    I'm not disputing that, GOD says only oxygen molecules can produce the spark, no other, and HE is the Greatest of all Scientists.
    When and where did he say this?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    I don't have to prove water, open the tap in the kitchen sink for that, ...
    You misunderstood. I don't want your proof that water exists. I just want to know from you, how it can be that water consists of hydrogen and oxygen. Or do you suggest that this compound is the generic form?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    All reactors are in the open spaces of earth, air is everywhere, even in an
    empty shoe box, furthermore, reactors use Uranium for fuel, where does
    the Sun get its Uranium? I ask because you base the Sun's theory of fusion on the principles of Nuclear fusion from a reactor.
    This is something else. Fission reactors use uranium. It is split and then releases energy. These reactors often work without air, but the material is stored under water too cool it. But: It is not that hot that water is dissociated into hydrogen and oxygen. You only can get steam. There are also reactors that use liquid sodium for cooling. No air here.

    Some space probes like Pioneer 10 have fission reactors with plutonium on board. So, how does it work in space?

    The sun is a fusion reactor. It combines nuclei of atoms. The current research reactors to study fusion of hydrogen (protons to be correct) inject small pellets of frozen tritium into an evacuated reaction chamber. It would be disastrous to have oxygen inside. The scientists do their best to get all the remaining oxygen out. They may even flood the chamber with a non-reactive gas first before evacuating it to exclude such side effects.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    a) So how does the temperature rise without the mass? If there is no gain in mass.
    b) How does the temperature decrease without loss in mass?
    It is not the mass, it is the pressure it produces. It is almost like an air pump for your bicycle. When you compress the air, it gets hot. But its mass is not increased. In the core of the sun: If the core temperature decreases because of a reduced reaction rate, the pressure from the inside is reduced. The gravity that was previously balanced by the radiation pressure from the inside is now relatively stronger and leads to a compression of the core. This increases the temperature leading to an increase of the reaction rate. The decrease in temperature works the other way around: If the core reaction is increased, the temperature rises. This leads to an expansion of the sun. But every expansion of gas cools it (thermodynamics). This in turn reduces the core reaction rate.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Second, the revolution of the earth around the sun
    does not produce days but years. And in fact, the days are getting longer,
    because earth is losing angular momentum to the moon's orbit around earth.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_year
    Here is a quote from that site:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Due to changes in the precession rate and in the orbit of the Earth, there exists a steady change in the length of the tropical year. This can be expressed with a polynomial in time; the linear term is:

    difference (days) = −0.000 000 061 62×a days,

    or about 5 ms/year, which means that 2000 years ago the tropical year was 10 seconds longer.
    It is only about years an how many days a year has. Ah wait, now I get it. It says "difference (days)". This does not mean that the days are getting shorter. The time difference of the years is only expressed in units of days. Multiply this value by 24 and you get hours. It is just a way of expressing a quantity of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Prove it! >>I just did!<< How?
    By you not being able to answer where does the Sun get its Uranium.
    Disproving one theory does not automatically prove another right. Here is an example. Say there is a red cube hidden behind a solid wall. With a set of experiments I conclude that there is probably a yellow sphere behind it. You say, that there is definitely a green triangle behind it. Let's also say that you find arguments proving that it cannot be both yellow and a sphere, maybe neither of those. So, what does it tell you about your theory? Nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Well, I don't think that I could convince you with any argument, but for the sake of fairness and truth, This is the strength of science, because it does not have such a initial assumption.
    Science is GOD, because you can create with it, so powerful it is, and strong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Never on earth has fusion been proven without oxygen, can't happen,>>The reactive agents are sealed within a chamber. There is no air.<
    The only reactor to produce nuke fusion is still experimental, no proof, no theory of the Sun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    I'm not disputing that, GOD says only oxygen molecules can produce the spark, no other, and HE is the Greatest of all Scientists. >>When and where did he say this?<<
    GOD'S light shines for everyone, so does HIS word, you must listen to hear it, you must pay attention and then obey!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    You misunderstood. I don't want your proof that water exists. I just want to know from you, how it can be that water consists of hydrogen and oxygen. Or do you suggest that this compound is the generic form?
    These atoms created everything, there are atoms in everything, from water, earth and rocks came out, from water all life came from, from water came fire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    All reactors are in the open spaces of earth, air is everywhere, I ask because you base the Sun's theory of fusion on the principles of Nuclear fusion from a reactor. >>This is something else. Fission reactors use uranium. It is split and then releases energy. These reactors often work without air, There are also reactors that use liquid sodium for cooling. No air here.<<
    These reactors use steam generators, how does the heat generate without oxygen? Can't be done, won't be done on earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Some space probes like Pioneer 10 have fission reactors with plutonium on board. So, how does it work in space?
    Radioactive decay, like all decay doesn't need oxygen, but to obtain this form of decay, you needed oxygen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    The sun is a fusion reactor. It combines nuclei of atoms. The scientists do their best to get all the remaining oxygen out.
    Fusion reactors are still experimental, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    It is not the mass, it is the pressure it produces. It is almost like an air pump for your bicycle. When you compress the air, it gets hot. But its mass is not increased. In the core of the sun: If the core temperature decreases because of a reduced reaction rate, the pressure from the inside is reduced. The gravity that was previously balanced by the radiation pressure from the inside is now relatively stronger and leads to a compression of the core. This increases the temperature leading to an increase of the reaction rate. The decrease in temperature works the other way around: If the core reaction is increased, the temperature rises. This leads to an expansion of the sun. But every expansion of gas cools it (thermodynamics). This in turn reduces the core reaction rate.
    Holy moly, you actually believe all of that, wow, and paid good money for this, damn!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Disproving one theory does not automatically prove another right. Here is an example. Say there is a red cube hidden behind a solid wall. With a set of experiments I conclude that there is probably a yellow sphere behind it. You say, that there is definitely a green triangle behind it. Let's also say that you find arguments proving that it cannot be both yellow and a sphere, maybe neither of those. So, what does it tell you about your theory? Nothing.
    It tell me that you agree with me that the scientific theory of the Sun is false, and that you don't agree with me that its GOD'S light. I can live with that one.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    127
    you seem to be getting atoms and molecules mixed up, when hydrogen burns with oxygen, their not fusing they just start sharing electrons. its combining two atoms into a molecule but they still have separate nuclei. the hydrogen can easily be dissociated from the oxygen with an electrical current.

    fusion, on the other hand is combining two atoms into a new atom. once two atoms are under enough pressure they will eventually fuse. in the case of the sun, there are very high pressures at the core due to the suns large mass and gravity. and yes, pressure occurs all the time without oxygen. oxygen can be under pressure and it can put pressure on other things, as any substance can do.
    example: some people fill their tires with nitrogen, do they not have pressure in their tires? now i know you're going to say that's because there's oxygen around them. what do you imagine would happen if you took these tires out into space, they would likely explode. but if what your saying is true they should deflate because there's no oxygen around them.

    oxygen isn't required for friction either, friction is just the tiny bumps and grooves in two things catching on each other. that has nothing to do with oxygen


    ...why am i feeding the troll?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    It tell me that you agree with me that the scientific theory of the Sun is false, and that you don't agree with me that its GOD'S light. I can live with that one.
    No, I don't agree. With the sun it's just as I said. This example should only show you that even if my citing common science was wrong, it would not automatically prove your belief right. How would you provide evidence, if you were the first one to come up with a theory about the sun?

    With the reactors, it does not matter that they don't allow for a sustainable fusion process yet. Even if they can only do it for a few seconds, it is still fusion.

    And I will never obey to anything or anyone just because I must or if the one who demands it is mightier than myself. Only if I want and if I agree with the ideas behind it, I would consider. I am free.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by medlakeguy
    you seem to be getting atoms and molecules mixed up, when hydrogen burns with oxygen, their not fusing they just start sharing electrons. its combining two atoms into a molecule but they still have separate nuclei. the hydrogen can easily be dissociated from the oxygen with an electrical current.
    Molecule have atoms in them, and for electricity you need oxygen. How do you produce electricity without any oxygen?

    Quote Originally Posted by medlakeguy
    once two atoms are under enough pressure they will eventually fuse.
    Provided there is extreme heat, but were does the heat come from without oxygen?

    Quote Originally Posted by medlakeguy
    in the case of the sun, there are very high pressures at the core due to the suns large mass and gravity.
    We still can't prove fusion right here on earth, you want to prove that which is unprovable somewhere in space.

    Quote Originally Posted by medlakeguy
    example: some people fill their tires with nitrogen, do they not have pressure in their tires? now i know you're going to say that's because there's oxygen around them. what do you imagine would happen if you took these tires out into space, they would likely explode. but if what your saying is true they should deflate because there's no oxygen around them.
    Wrong, they won't explode, because nitrogen doesn't support combustion.

    Quote Originally Posted by medlakeguy
    oxygen isn't required for friction either, friction is just the tiny bumps and grooves in two things catching on each other. that has nothing to do with oxygen
    That's true, but if there is no oxygen, there is no heat that is generated by that friction, in this case, all that rubbing is simply, "wear."

    Quote Originally Posted by medlakeguy
    ...why am i feeding the troll?
    I'm asking myself the same question!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Electricity is provided e.g. by electrons and other particles with an electric charge. And you don't need oxygen for heat. Heat is - as I explained - an energy form. Heat is always produced, when lots of small particles (atoms or molecules) are quickly moving randomly. So, heat is the macroscopic representation of the microscopic kinetic energy of individual particles. There is for instance a lot of heat already measured in space. And take a light bulb: Its interior is evacuated, but still it is getting hot from the glowing thread inside. You are mixing up a lot of physical quantities. But true, you need oxygen to burn material. Burning in the form of combustion needs oxygen. But as well as a balloon explodes, when you fill it with too much gas (you can use e.g. helium instead of air to make it lighter and let it fly), tires can explode, when you put in nitrogen gas with a pressure that is much higher than the environment it is in. And since in space there is little gas and therefore also the ambient pressure is very low, a normally filled tire would explode/rip in space.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    How would you provide evidence, if you were the first one to come up with a theory about the sun?
    Making sure it was proven before feeding it to the masses!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    With the reactors, it does not matter that they don't allow for a sustainable fusion process yet. Even if they can only do it for a few seconds, it is still fusion.
    But the Sun sustains, an unsustainable theory cannot be applied to that which sustains.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    And I will never obey to anything or anyone just because I must or if the one who demands it is mightier than myself. Only if I want and if I agree with the ideas behind it, I would consider. I am free.
    Is every breath you take reason enough?

    I knew that earth science was satanic, you have just proven this, no matter how silly science theories are, you rather believe that, than truth.
    You worship creation everytime you eat & drink, you give praise to the Creator. Live On!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    But the Sun sustains, an unsustainable theory cannot be applied to that which sustains.
    Not the theory is unsustainable. It works. It's just the technical problems to realise such a reactor under lab conditions. You see, you need many millions of degrees to produce a self-sustaining fusion. The sun has no problems, because there is only gas everywhere. But on earth, in order to confine the reaction in a manageable area, you need to able to cool the gas before it melts the reactor.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    I knew that earth science was satanic, you have just proven this, no matter how silly science theories are, you rather believe that, than truth.
    You worship creation everytime you eat & drink, you give praise to the Creator. Live On!
    You see, this is the problem with you guys. It's either good or bad, black or white, right or wrong, god or satan. This is the cage you try to press your view of the world in. Ever heard of love, understanding, respect, tolerance? Did I insult you for your beliefs? I thought this was a scientific discussion and you were truly looking for answers. But apparently I was wrong in that regard. Therefore, I will leave this thread now and keep you secluded in your own prison. Good luck.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    I'm only answering you because I know you're watching, after all we've thrown back and forth at one another, you're theories and my truths, its hard to just turn away!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Not the theory is unsustainable. It works. It's just the technical problems to realise such a reactor under lab conditions. You see, you need many millions of degrees to produce a self-sustaining fusion. The sun has no problems, because there is only gas everywhere. But on earth, in order to confine the reaction in a manageable area, you need to able to cool the gas before it melts the reactor.
    How can it possibly work? Listen, I know you can understand if you try, if everything on earth exists only on earth because only our earth is like earth, why and how do you apply that which is coherent to earth's laws to some other planet or star? The Sun is not based of earthly science, its Heavenly science.
    Materials for this fusion nonsense comes from earth, everything on earth came forth by the help of oxygen, if this planet could not breath air it could not produce all that we use and know. Reactors could not be built because the earth and rocks came forth from water, fire came forth from water, but you'll find no water on the Sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    It's either good or bad, black or white, right or wrong, god or satan. Ever heard of love, understanding, respect, tolerance? Did I insult you for your beliefs? I thought this was a scientific discussion and you were truly looking for answers.
    Love and respect is good, understanding and tolerance is in the grey area, but regardless I did not insult you, I tried to help you and this a scientific discussion you must recognize it as such, furthermore, do you actually believe the photos of the Sun with their flares and spots?
    The Sun is light, you believe that optic fibers can filter out the light and still see the light? You actually believe that putting red, yellow or blue colored glass before you're lens will change what you're seeing? Try looking at the light of a lite-bulb, then try to filter it out, you can't, the only way is to turn the switch off.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1
    im only a sophmore in high school so I admit that I am not a nerd at science but I know enough (how stars are made, basic physics, etc). I really think you need to take a real class in basic science!

    I am also Catholic, and i want to ask you where the hell you get your ideas? not even the most fundamental and literal christians i know would agree with you! i take it you also believe that the of course the sun is larger than the moon! if i hold my thumb up between my eyes and a car, the car is still bigger even though it is hidden! that was just what astounded me most about your foolish statements.

    and i wanted to put it out there that i believe in all of the bible, evolution, and the big bang. i do not believe that there is a barrier between science and the bible. not all of the bible was meant to be taken literally!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    The moon... landing... debunked?

    *Leaves quitely*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    I thought this was a scientific discussion and you were truly looking for answers.
    This is not a science discussion. This is an attempt by several posters to make clear that your perception of reality is grossly distorted and unscientific in the extreme. You are free to hold whatever beliefs you choose, but extended ignorance of the depth and breadth you have displayed in this thread will generate pity at best.

    You have no understanding of chemistry. You have no understanding of physics. Frankly, as knoxrox156 has pointed out, you have no understanding of religion. You may continue to post your nonsense for the time being, but do not expect your ideas - as offered to date - to receive anything but contempt.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40 Re: THE SUN SHINES WITH GOD'S LIGHT. 
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,035
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Well, I don't think that I could convince you with any argument, but for the sake of fairness and truth, This is the strength of science, because it does not have such a initial assumption.
    Science is GOD, because you can create with it, so powerful it is, and strong.
    And just as man created science, there's a good chance man created God too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Never on earth has fusion been proven without oxygen, can't happen,>>The reactive agents are sealed within a chamber. There is no air.<
    The only reactor to produce nuke fusion is still experimental, no proof, no theory of the Sun.
    Fusion is pretty easy to produce if you can get the material hot enough, but it's hard to get it that hot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    I'm not disputing that, GOD says only oxygen molecules can produce the spark, no other, and HE is the Greatest of all Scientists. >>When and where did he say this?<<
    GOD'S light shines for everyone, so does HIS word, you must listen to hear it, you must pay attention and then obey!
    Well, he doesn't say it in the bible, so I'm curious where does he say it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    You misunderstood. I don't want your proof that water exists. I just want to know from you, how it can be that water consists of hydrogen and oxygen. Or do you suggest that this compound is the generic form?
    These atoms created everything, there are atoms in everything, from water, earth and rocks came out, from water all life came from, from water came fire.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    All reactors are in the open spaces of earth, air is everywhere, I ask because you base the Sun's theory of fusion on the principles of Nuclear fusion from a reactor. >>This is something else. Fission reactors use uranium. It is split and then releases energy. These reactors often work without air, There are also reactors that use liquid sodium for cooling. No air here.<<
    These reactors use steam generators, how does the heat generate without oxygen? Can't be done, won't be done on earth.
    Oxygen is very useful both in transmitting energy and catalysing certain chemical reactions. Just because something is the easiest way to do something, however, doesn't mean it's the only way. It's just the easiest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Some space probes like Pioneer 10 have fission reactors with plutonium on board. So, how does it work in space?
    Radioactive decay, like all decay doesn't need oxygen, but to obtain this form of decay, you needed oxygen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    The sun is a fusion reactor. It combines nuclei of atoms. The scientists do their best to get all the remaining oxygen out.
    Fusion reactors are still experimental, period.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    It is not the mass, it is the pressure it produces. It is almost like an air pump for your bicycle. When you compress the air, it gets hot. But its mass is not increased. In the core of the sun: If the core temperature decreases because of a reduced reaction rate, the pressure from the inside is reduced. The gravity that was previously balanced by the radiation pressure from the inside is now relatively stronger and leads to a compression of the core. This increases the temperature leading to an increase of the reaction rate. The decrease in temperature works the other way around: If the core reaction is increased, the temperature rises. This leads to an expansion of the sun. But every expansion of gas cools it (thermodynamics). This in turn reduces the core reaction rate.
    Holy moly, you actually believe all of that, wow, and paid good money for this, damn!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Disproving one theory does not automatically prove another right. Here is an example. Say there is a red cube hidden behind a solid wall. With a set of experiments I conclude that there is probably a yellow sphere behind it. You say, that there is definitely a green triangle behind it. Let's also say that you find arguments proving that it cannot be both yellow and a sphere, maybe neither of those. So, what does it tell you about your theory? Nothing.
    It tell me that you agree with me that the scientific theory of the Sun is false, and that you don't agree with me that its GOD'S light. I can live with that one.
    You're right in a sense that pressure in a gas or liquid does involve some friction. The atoms are trying to bounce around in liquids and gases, and giving them less space to move around in causes them to bash into each other more often, which is basically friction.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Forum Sophomore arkofnoah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    No air, no friction
    WTF?? That's about the most ridiculous thing I've heard. Friction for God's sake is derived from the electromagnetic forces between ANY atoms and electrons.
    Blog
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,328
    Newcastle... pft. But lemme pick at Dishmaster:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    tires can explode, when you put in nitrogen gas with a pressure that is much higher than the environment it is in. And since in space there is little gas and therefore also the ambient pressure is very low, a normally filled tire would explode/rip in space.
    Normal tires take about 30 psi. Spacesuits must be around 15 psi (sea level). We don't see those flimsy spacesuits exploding - surely a car tire wouldn't.

    So there. Fact: I can drive my car in space.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Forum Freshman Odd Ass City's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    11
    Ive just spent a half hour of my life reading this, and about an hour and a half writing this, ive got a headache, and now i hate religion even more. Nearly everything you have had to say is erroneous. i dont even know where to start, so ill start at the beginning and go over everything.... jesus christ-i thank god im a satanist.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    When the Moon is completely shielded behind the Earth during the full moon phase, how does the Sun's light reflect on it? If your answer is that its on an angle above or below the eliptic, then when the axis of the northern hemisphere of Planet Earth is tilted towards the Sun, how do the countries in the southern or northern hemisphere see the full Moon?
    The sun is very very big newcastle, go find a marble, and then a slightly larger marble, then a beachball-a big one.. line them up and peek around the edges of the beachball, is the slightly smaller marble not visible from every angle?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Pressure is friction. No air, no friction.
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Don't talk about places that you haven't been to...
    There is lots of pressure in the sun, I dont have to have had gone there to KNOW that. and ill bet if we really wanted to, really really wanted to; we could send a manned spacecraft to the sun, and find a few molecules of O2. friction is caused by matter rubbing up against other matter. If i were to immerse my hands in water, or nitrogen, or space, or whichever place you, newcastle, deign as being airless, and rub my hands together. There Would Be Friction.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Friction, heat generated friction, extreme heat, without it, there can be no fusing of atoms, upon the colliding atoms there is contact, it is that contact that is friction.
    Technically speaking, you dont even need heat or friction for fusion, just a crazy ass amount of gravity, but by products of this intense gravity are heat and friction.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    I drive a stick shift, the pressure plate of my vehicle eases off the friction when I hit the clutch pedal, allowing me to change gears.
    This has nothing to do with the inner working of the sun, nor does it disprove Planets. It only proves you can drive a stick shift. Or are you saying that because your car doesnt cause a nuclear reaction when you go from 3rd to 4th the sun cant exist?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    And therefore it cannot ignite without oxygen, but you already knew that.
    So how does fusion take place in space (Sun) with no oxygen to ignite the
    hydrogen atoms?
    There is no ignition, there is fusion. And there was much more than just a few crap loads of oxygen in the mass of matter than was the pre-sun. Fusion isnt someone going up to the primordial sun with a match, Its the suns own immensity and gravity that crushes and fuses elements togeether, creating the reaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    let's talk about religion and I'll show you
    how Heaven knows me.
    No, lets talk about science, since thats where you posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    without air, you can't have any heat generating from that pressure.
    Do you actually believe this? Heat is the average speed of matter moving around. Furthermore, what about all the heat that we get from the sun? its gotta travel through alot of airless space, or are you gonna say that thats 'GODS heat'?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Air is needed that's why there is no friction in space.
    I bet if i printed off everything you said, on 2 ply toilet paper, and went to space, there would be enough friction out there to wipe my ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Stick to the places that you know, earth.
    And where do you stick to then?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Science says the Sun is mostly hydrogen in the form of a gas, but to make it a gas you have to extract it from the element its bond to, how and what kind of generator does the Sun use to seperate the atoms from whatever material science believes it gets it from?
    No, to 'make it a gas' you dont put it under any pressure, freeze it, or have it bond to other things. The sun is in a plasma state anyway, so there wont be molecules there.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Dishmaster wrote:
    It is a well established fact that hydrogen gas is the most abundant element in the universe.
    So what's you're point, how does this cause fusion in a zero oxygen environment?
    The most abundant element in the universe, attracts more of itself, and groups together with the help of 'gravity' (the thing that holds you to this planet, and this planet around the sun). After alot of this abundant element has enough of its own gravity, the center few atoms fuse because of pressure.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    PLANETS ARE A LIE
    Im on one right now..

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    The only things hitting each other are the few rocks in you're head.
    well that and bible thumpers hitting logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    air is everywhere, even in an
    empty shoe box
    Well if it were really an 'empty shoe box' there would-by definition-not be air in it.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    where does the Sun get its Uranium?
    We do fission with uranium, not fusion. And hell Why cant the SUN get its uranium from GOD?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Science is GOD, because you can create with it, so powerful it is, and strong.
    If science is GOD, i pray you become an atheist.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    GOD'S light shines for everyone, so does HIS word, you must listen to hear it, you must pay attention and then obey!
    Why dont you try listening to one of us? Or pay attention in a blasphemous science class?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    and for electricity you need oxygen. How do you produce electricity without any oxygen?
    There is no oxygen in a rubber wrapped wire that conducts electricity.. do you think that oxygen is the only thing with electrons?

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by medlakeguy
    example: some people fill their tires with nitrogen, do they not have pressure in their tires? now i know you're going to say that's because there's oxygen around them. what do you imagine would happen if you took these tires out into space, they would likely explode. but if what your saying is true they should deflate because there's no oxygen around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Wrong, they won't explode, because nitrogen doesn't support combustion.
    It wouldnt be combustion that would cause the tire to explode, (rupture would be better than explode, explode apparently is inseperable from fire) And Nitrogen could combust, in the right atmospheric conditions (not limited just to earth either).

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Making sure it was proven before feeding it to the masses!
    If history is still correct wasnt 'religion' fed (and forcefed in many many cases) to the masses? and im still waiting for a fraction of any of that to be proven.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Listen, I know you can understand if you try, if everything on earth exists only on earth because only our earth is like earth, why and how do you apply that which is coherent to earth's laws to some other planet or star? The Sun is not based of earthly science, its Heavenly science.
    If i were to smash my face in with a cinderblock (as reading your thoughts has made me want to do) the same thing would happen to my face if i and the cinder block were on the sun. If we evolved, or "spontainiously were created" -if you prefere- on the Sun, we would have to make predictions about the earth from what we had learned on the sun-humanity doesnt need to displace itself and relearn a different course of logic to deduce things.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Love and respect is good, understanding and tolerance is in the grey area
    No, Love is a dilutable thing when you give it to everyone and everything-And trust me, my love of insulting you is fueling this post even now. Understanding isnt even in a grey scale for you anymore, its gone to a dim yellow color or something. I hope your dad turns out to be a gay buddhist and aborts you for the stem cells. I dont care what impossible trimester youre in now.


    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    I'm getting more than a kick, you're science is comical.
    i think 'you are' religion is more comical.. "a cosmic jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... " Makes me chuckle only slightly more than cracks about Uranus. meanwhile this tidbit still rings in my consciousness...
    ["Holy moly, you actually believe all of that, wow, and paid good money for this, damn!"]

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    but you'll find no water on the Sun.
    This is probably the only thing we'll agree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    You actually believe that putting red, yellow or blue colored glass before you're lens will change what you're seeing?
    Yes i do, But ill bet no matter what colored glass is put infront of you, Nothing will change what you see.



    Quote Originally Posted by kojax
    And just as man created science, there's a good chance man created God too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizo
    It is funny you should mention illusion.... because, honestly, God is an illusion.
    AMEN!
    (0||i|\|!||0)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Forum Sophomore Schizo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    164
    It is funny you should mention illusion.... because, honestly, God is an illusion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    New Member jdog85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    4
    newcastle, you seem to have the impression that oxygen is required to generate heat. Heat is defined as "a form of transferred energy that arises from the random motion of molecules". The more energy a molecule has, the hotter it feels. I think you're confusing heat with combustion. Oxygen IS required for combustion.
    One-fifth of the people are against everything all the time.
    -Robert F. Kennedy

    We stand in awe before that which we cannot see, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
    -Unknown
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    ATTENTION: People Of The Earth Planets Don't Exist. <<PROOF>>

    READ THE O-P AGAIN, YOU"LL BE CONVINCED THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Nothing exists

    It's all in our minds
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (.·.¸❀¸.·´¯`·.¸☼¸.¤...-♥»゜・*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。·.¸❀¸.·´¯`·.¸☼¸.¤...-♥»゜・*.:。✿*゚‘゚・✿.。.:* *.:。·.¸❀¸.·´¯`·.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    READ THE O-P AGAIN, YOU"LL BE CONVINCED THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!
    I was already convinced last time that you are a fool. Re-reading your post simply confirmed it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •