Notices
Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: BIRTH OF EARTH

  1. #1 BIRTH OF EARTH 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18
    I have some new ideas reg birth of earth. Can u pls comment on it .


    1. earth is living thing like plants and growing.
    2. so its birth is also from seed and universe is soil where it germinated
    3. all meteroids are seeds of planets but out of very few can germinate.
    4. pls see ate attached snaps these are attached snaps of cutted log showing its growth of tree and same way earth is growing layerwise. white layer is crust and red is core like material of earth.
    i have more logics also
    thanks
    suresh bansa
    l


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    158
    Oh god, this again!? You still have no evidence for this I take it? Either find some or give it up! If after so long you still can't find any, think what the reason for this might be.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: BIRTH OF EARTH 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    1. earth is living thing like plants and growing.
    The biosphere has been likened to a living entity by James Lovelock in his Gaia hypothesis. Much as I like his idea it has not been well received scienctists at large. Moreover, I think you mean the entire planet, not just the surface scum.
    So, what evidence do you have for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    2. so its birth is also from seed and universe is soil where it germinated
    What is the chracteristic of the universe that provides fertile 'soil'. The seeds, after all, are resident in a vacuum. Where does the material for growth come from?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    3. all meteroids are seeds of planets but out of very few can germinate.
    Again, what determines the success or failure of germination?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    4. pls see ate attached snaps these are attached snaps of cutted log showing its growth of tree and same way earth is growing layerwise. white layer is crust and red is core like material of earth.
    What is your evidence for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    i have more logics also
    So far I have not seen any logic, so you can hardly have more.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18
    1. entire planet is living thing and core and crust are two parts. like if we see cutted log there is two parts white and red same as any planet.
    2. when planet become mature female planets produce meteroids or seeds of that planet same trees produces their own seeds
    3.as tree produces lot of its seeds in forests but very few germinate only. it depends also the location or many other things to germinate.
    4. earth is living thing because it is expanding and earth quakes are strokes of expentions.it has two parts core and crust like every tree or any living thing by nature. it has all that minerals req by all living thing same as
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    158
    So... you've still not found any evidence for this? Give it up!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    414
    They've actually found a group of three meteroids in Antarctica that are from the dawn of Earth, when it was first being built. The meteroids consist of quite a lot different material than those meteoroids that are more recently formed in that they actually contain basic amino acids, the building blocks of protein. We're coming closer and closer to the realization that our planet was seeded from space.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFluff
    They've actually found a group of three meteroids in Antarctica that are from the dawn of Earth, when it was first being built. The meteroids consist of quite a lot different material than those meteoroids that are more recently formed in that they actually contain basic amino acids, the building blocks of protein. We're coming closer and closer to the realization that our planet was seeded from space.
    He's not talking about panspermia though, he's talking about some sort of twisted Gaia hypothesis where meteorites are somehow analogous to plant embryos.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Sophomore Skiyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176
    The love of science is a beautiful thing so we should not put this man down.

    Mr. Bansal

    The Earth could not have possibly germinated. The Earth has no cellular structure. It is purely made up of molten rocks and iron. The posts were rather confusing but are you implying that the Earth is a seed? If so then that is also unfathomable as the Earth has no cellular structure.

    In case you do not wish to read the whole thread I shall phase it simply.

    The Earth is not alive as it has no cellular structure. It is an interesting prospect though but this idea does not work.
    A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.
    http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Scie...inking_eye.gif
    E-Mail - skiyk@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by i_feel_tiredsleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFluff
    They've actually found a group of three meteroids in Antarctica that are from the dawn of Earth, when it was first being built. The meteroids consist of quite a lot different material than those meteoroids that are more recently formed in that they actually contain basic amino acids, the building blocks of protein. We're coming closer and closer to the realization that our planet was seeded from space.
    He's not talking about panspermia though, he's talking about some sort of twisted Gaia hypothesis where meteorites are somehow analogous to plant embryos.
    I know. But theories are often debunked by opposing better theories with better 'proof'.

    Edit: Ok I see. I don't quite understand what you are saying. Are you saying that you believe Earth is a living, breathing organism or that you think Earth is some sort of seed?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Sophomore Skiyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176
    That's no reason to be rude though.
    A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.
    http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Scie...inking_eye.gif
    E-Mail - skiyk@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Professor serpicojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    JRZ
    Posts
    1,069
    How was BumFluff being rude?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    414
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiyk
    That's no reason to be rude though.
    I wasn't being rude in any sense of the word. If you thought I was then you misunderstood. I was merely posting my thoughts on the subject and the second part of my last post was pointed towards the original poster asking exactly what it is that he meant. My understanding is that he meant that he thought that the Earth was a living breathing organism.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13 birth of earth 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18
    all living thing has skin or covering or crust and inner side has core. like same earth body.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14 Re: birth of earth 
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    all living thing has skin or covering or crust and inner side has core. like same earth body.
    An unfertilized egg has a crust and inner side as well, yet it's just dead matter.

    Sometimes it's useful to make an analogy, like saying that the earth is an organism while you actually mean that it functions as an interdependent system. But don't confuse an analogy or metaphor with an actual description or explanation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15 Re: birth of earth 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    all living thing has skin or covering or crust and inner side has core. like same earth body.
    Well, who could argue with an account that well reasoned
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Sophomore Skiyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by serpicojr
    How was BumFluff being rude?
    I wasn't talking about him. Why did you think that?

    Just the first post or so. Too lazy to scroll down.

    This man PMed me on the matter and I think I cleared his mind. :-D
    A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.
    http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Scie...inking_eye.gif
    E-Mail - skiyk@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17 birth of earth 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18
    i am very happy if some one condem with honesty and at least reply
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18 Re: birth of earth 
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    i am very happy if some one condem with honesty and at least reply
    If you want to know more about the earth: look for an introductory book on 'earth system theory' or something related. It's a way to describe the many natural processes going on in the earth as one interdependent whole. It wont give evidence of the earth being a living organism, but it does show that the earth can be understood as a coherent, integrated system. Perhaps that's what you're looking for.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Professor serpicojr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    JRZ
    Posts
    1,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiyk
    Quote Originally Posted by serpicojr
    How was BumFluff being rude?
    I wasn't talking about him. Why did you think that?

    Just the first post or so. Too lazy to scroll down.

    This man PMed me on the matter and I think I cleared his mind. :-D
    It's cool. It was just confusing because you had posted once about people being rude, then BumFluff posted something in response to someone else, and then you made another post about people being rude, so it just seemed like you were responding to him.

    If you cleared up this guy's confusion, tremendous! It's often difficult to clear up the minds of those who have such... untraditional theories.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Sophomore Skiyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176
    Ya lol. I have quite a few PMs from this guy and I directed him to places where he could learn about what he is inquiring.
    A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.
    http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Scie...inking_eye.gif
    E-Mail - skiyk@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21 birth of earth 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18
    see the following points.
    if earth is not living thing how it came in excistance.
    2. every living thing is layer wise same happen with all planets crust and core.
    3. there are earth quakes and t sunami so earth is expanding.
    4.see the mountains there are scars on every body living thing.
    5. meteroids small also shows seeds because all living thing produses its baby or seeds or eggs
    6. iron ,zinc and all orhers minerals on earth same req by all living things
    7. i am not profesional in geo physics its difficult to produce scietific logics for scientiest. without lab difficult . i am busy business man.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22 Re: birth of earth 
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    see the following points.
    if earth is not living thing how it came in excistance.
    In the beginning of our solar system (say 5 billion years ago) there was a dense cloud of matter that started to concentrate further and further until it was so dense that nuclear fusion started, at that moment the sun as we know it came into existence. Some of the cloud of matter didnt become part of the sun but instead consolidated as the planets, kept in orbit around the sun by its gravitational pull. So the earth came into existence as a blob of matter detached from the sun but still in orbit around it, consolidating and cooling down until it gained a solid crust. Most asteroids are left-over material from the formation of our solar system, they didnt consolidate into the sun or a planet and fly around until they hit something (they are in orbit around the sun though, but often a very long orbit).
    Scientists have observed this process of star and planet formation at different solar systems.
    3. there are earth quakes and t sunami so earth is expanding.
    The earth's crust both expands and contracts at the same time, as it has done over the past ~4 billions of years. For example it expands at the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, and contracts in the Pacific Ocean near Japan and the Phillipines where earth crust sinks down into the hot, liquid interior of the earth and melts. Expansion rarely causes earthquakes (hence the Atlantic Ocean area doesn't have earthquakes often), but contraction does (hence Japan, the Phillipines, Indonesia and the many small Pacific islands have some of the highest frequencies of earthquakes on earth). Volcanoes are usually the result of earth crust sinking as well (subsided matter melts under the earth's crust, wells up and sometimes erupts to the surface as a volcano).
    6. iron ,zinc and all orhers minerals on earth same req by all living things
    But that's logical: we evolved to be able to survive in our environment. Humans didn't evolve to breath nitrogen and eat exotic space minerals, then we'd be dead in a minute :wink: The composition of the earth came first, then life evolved to be able to live on those minerals.

    Here's a fairly short but complete explanation, the things I describe above are not advanced theory but rather basic knowledge (learned them in an introduction to Geophysics course).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Sophomore Skiyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176
    [ad hominem deleted: moderator Pendragon]
    A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.
    http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Scie...inking_eye.gif
    E-Mail - skiyk@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Professor Pendragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    1,085
    Skiyk, you didnt make a strong insult but that's still not a way we should be talking here. Talk with people, not about people.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Sophomore Skiyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176
    Huh? I have been being polite with this man. I don't remember such a post...
    A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.
    http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Scie...inking_eye.gif
    E-Mail - skiyk@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26 Re: birth of earth 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    see the following points.
    if earth is not living thing how it came in excistance.
    2. every living thing is layer wise same happen with all planets crust and core.
    3. there are earth quakes and t sunami so earth is expanding.
    4.see the mountains there are scars on every body living thing.
    5. meteroids small also shows seeds because all living thing produses its baby or seeds or eggs
    6. iron ,zinc and all orhers minerals on earth same req by all living things
    7. i am not profesional in geo physics its difficult to produce scietific logics for scientiest. without lab difficult . i am busy business man.
    1) there are many theiries on how the earth came into existence, i only take the ones with evidence seriusly.

    2) the crust of the earth is how it it because of the temperature of space (i think ) this does not make it alive.

    3) I dont see how this means earth is alive, plus there is little evidence to show earth actualy is expanding

    4)mountains are caused by the movement of tectonic plates, plus even if they were 'scars' it does not make it alive.

    5) makes little sense

    6) we evolved to feed of what is present on earth, not the other way around

    7) it is clear you dont know much about geoligy ect. many of the things you claim as 'evidence' are complete rubbish (no offence)
    'if one man beleaves in fairies its called madness
    if one million men beleave in faries its called religion'- Richard Dawkings
    (but i think he was quoting someone when he said it...but who cares)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    20
    Edit:Inappropriate comment deleted by moderator.
    Ophiolite
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Sophomore Skiyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihatetrollz
    Edit: Inappropriate comment deleted by moderator.
    Has this guy been speaking like this everywhere?
    A biophysicist talks physics to the biologists and biology to the physicists, but then he meets another biophysicist, they just discuss women.
    http://www.gifs.net/Animation11/Scie...inking_eye.gif
    E-Mail - skiyk@hotmail.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29 Re: birth of earth 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by jsispat
    all living thing has skin or covering or crust and inner side has core. like same earth body.
    And like a nice pink balloon, a football, a whatever?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30 birth of earth 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18
    dear members again i request you pls forget the current earth theory just for few hours only and than think only my theory i hope result will come. i am requesting to forget current theory just for few hours not forever again you can adopt it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •