Notices
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Abot physic

  1. #1 Abot physic 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    36
    Total energy is the mass times the square of the maximum distance a particle can travel in a unit of time.


    Electromagnetic waves are physically associated with photons. But the photon is not the only particle


    Speed ​​of light - the speed of propagation of electromagnetic waves or electromagnetic radiation


    Radiation is the transfer of energy in the form of waves or particles


    Does it follow from this that electromagnetic radiation is the transfer of energy in the form of electromagnetic waves or electromagnetic particles?


    From the point of view of the wording, everything is correct. From the point of view of measurements - a photon can lose energy, its speed can change depending on the environment, etc.


    Those. if you tie the energy to the actual speed of the photon, the calculations will not be accurate. Because then it turns out that the total energy of the object will change depending on how fast the photon is moving.


    If we consider the speed of light as the limiting speed of any particles in principle (without reference to photons), then we get a stable figure.


    That is, energy = is mass multiplied by the speed of propagation of electromagnetic waves or the transfer of energy in the form of electromagnetic waves or electromagnetic particles squared


    what ???!


    Energy = mass times energy transfer squared


    what???



    Please comment on this


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    36
    I was mistaken, I had to add the word speed, but all the same, it turns out inadequately


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    36
    I am sick ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    I am sick ?
    Yes, I think you probably are. Are you seeing a doctor?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    Total energy is the mass times the square of the maximum distance a particle can travel in a unit of time.
    No.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    I am sick ?
    Yes, I think you probably are. Are you seeing a doctor?
    I think this is no longer necessary, because I realized where I was stupid.


    I am sick only with stupidity and a total misunderstanding of the essence of some things, only self-education will cure me of this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    Total energy is the mass times the square of the maximum distance a particle can travel in a unit of time.
    No.
    I realized how stupid, but could you please answer the following question

    If our brain processes signals from the senses at the same time, which subsequently forms a model of the surrounding world, then what is the delay between the model of the world in our head and the real world?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    If our brain processes signals from the senses at the same time, which subsequently forms a model of the surrounding world, then what is the delay between the model of the world in our head and the real world?
    The day after yesterday.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    If our brain processes signals from the senses at the same time, which subsequently forms a model of the surrounding world, then what is the delay between the model of the world in our head and the real world?
    The day after yesterday.
    I incorrectly formulated the question

    Below is a correctly formulated question

    What is the difference in time between the model of the surrounding world, created by the brain when processing signals from the senses, and the real world around us?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western US
    Posts
    2,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    If our brain processes signals from the senses at the same time, which subsequently forms a model of the surrounding world, then what is the delay between the model of the world in our head and the real world?
    The day after yesterday.
    I incorrectly formulated the question

    Below is a correctly formulated question

    What is the difference in time between the model of the surrounding world, created by the brain when processing signals from the senses, and the real world around us?
    Your question is still very poorly formed. The phrase "time between model of the surrounding world" makes no sense, as "model of the surrounding world" is not an event. Because it is not an event, it cannot be defined as occurring at a certain time. It's a bit as if you were to ask, "What is the distance between blue and a horse?"

    If you really want an answer, you'll have to work much harder at being clear. Before posting again, make sure that you are identifying two specific events that are unambiguously defined in time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Quote Originally Posted by tk421 View Post
    "What is the distance between blue and a horse?"
    Strawberries.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    What is the difference in time between the model of the surrounding world, created by the brain when processing signals from the senses, and the real world around us?
    If you mean how long does it take for our brains to process sensory input, it is about 50 milliseconds.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tk421 View Post
    "What is the distance between blue and a horse?"
    Strawberries.
    "To understand you know too soon"

    and ,for unkown_artist: "The masters make the rules"

    from "It's all right ,ma .I'm only sighing" by Bob Dylan.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    What is the difference in time between the model of the surrounding world, created by the brain when processing signals from the senses, and the real world around us?
    If you mean how long does it take for our brains to process sensory input, it is about 50 milliseconds.
    Can the brain or the mind perceive itself directly? Would it be absurd if it did? Would that lead to a never ending cascade of perceptions?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    What is the difference in time between the model of the surrounding world, created by the brain when processing signals from the senses, and the real world around us?
    If you mean how long does it take for our brains to process sensory input, it is about 50 milliseconds.
    I mean what is the difference in time between the event in which information about the world around is converted (if I may put it that way, I don’t know how to do it correctly) into a nerve impulse and the event in which this nerve impulse is processed by the brain.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    What is the difference in time between the model of the surrounding world, created by the brain when processing signals from the senses, and the real world around us?
    If you mean how long does it take for our brains to process sensory input, it is about 50 milliseconds.
    I mean what is the difference in time between the event in which information about the world around is converted (if I may put it that way, I don’t know how to do it correctly) into a nerve impulse and the event in which this nerve impulse is processed by the brain.
    8 minutes to see anything happening on the Sun,I understand.

    A shorter time between a fly going into your eye and you feeling the sting.

    Then there is the time between you feeling the sting and reacting to it ,maybe by blinking.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Origin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anffaeledig View Post
    What is the difference in time between the model of the surrounding world, created by the brain when processing signals from the senses, and the real world around us?
    If you mean how long does it take for our brains to process sensory input, it is about 50 milliseconds.
    Can the brain or the mind perceive itself directly? Would it be absurd if it did? Would that lead to a never ending cascade of perceptions?
    Yes: cogito ergo sum.
    No.
    No.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,915
    Hmm.I answered those questions exactly oppositely(felt it was a bit brazen even to ask)

    I certainly don't feel that I perceive my own mind directly.

    It feels more like I am on for the ride(of something)

    Cogito has been coming up a bit recently.I think I have been reading that Descartes used it as some kind of a logical device rather than a paeon to self awareness.

    From memory there was at the time some kind of a doubt as to whether it could be said with certainty that we actually existed (why this "problem",I don't know) and he ,eureka-like claimed that we had to exist by the very fact of posing the question(ie thinking)

    But I may well have that garbled..


    The reason I feel that we cannot perceive ourselves directly is that we are such a moving target (in different locations) and all we perceive is the aftermath of the events that build up our mind continuously.


    So I think we may "reverse engineer" our own minds but I don't think we can experience it directly.

    I think it would be absurd in the sense that the eye cannot see itself.
    Last edited by geordief; May 31st, 2021 at 06:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by geordief View Post
    Hmm.I answered those questions exactly oppositely(felt it was a bit brazen even to ask)

    I certainly don't feel that I perceive my own mind directly.

    It feels more like I am on for the ride(of something)

    Cogito has been coming up a bit recently.I think I have been reading that Descartes used it as some kind of a logical device rather than a paeon to self awareness.

    From memory there was at the time some kind of a doubt as to whether it could be said with certainty that we actually existed (why this "problem",I don't know) and he ,eureka-like claimed that we had to exist by the very fact of posing the question(ie thinking)

    But I may well have that garbled..


    The reason I feel that we cannot perceive ourselves directly is that we are such a moving target (in different locations) and all we perceive is the aftermath of the events that build up our mind continuously.


    So I think we may "reverse engineer" our own minds but I don't think we can experience it directly.

    I think it would be absurd in the sense that the eye cannot see itself.
    It can quite easily, by means of a mirror.

    It is not a requirement of perception that it take place instantaneously. When you hear a thunderclap, you perceive it several seconds after it has occurred. That does not mean you can't perceive it.

    When we perceive anything, what we perceive is its interaction with the world. According to Carlo Rovelli, those interactions are what we mean by reality: there is nothing more.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Superheroes Sub For Physic
    By lorbo in forum Science-Fiction and Non-Fiction
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: December 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
  2. physic
    By vanya in forum Physics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 1st, 2012, 09:22 AM
  3. Physic Lectures on (QED)
    By Heinsbergrelatz in forum Physics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 24th, 2011, 04:34 PM
  4. Physic test, give it a shot :)
    By guwdisch in forum Physics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 27th, 2007, 12:02 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 14th, 2006, 05:02 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •