Notices
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dywyddyr

Thread: desktop particle accelerator?

  1. #1 desktop particle accelerator? 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    I came across something on the web, some guy put together what seems to be an electron accelerator, which is what I think similar to a particle accelerator but uses wire as a medium instead of a vacuum. You can see the schematic on page 29 of otto_ronette_TPU_ECD-V1_0.pdf

    To get the electrons flowing in a circle you can use high voltage spikes which don't require much power. I found some math equations E=hc/λ and λ= h/p
    E= energy
    h= frequency energy constant
    p= linear momentum of a particle
    c= speed of light
    λ= wavelength

    doing some quick math it means E=pc which we already know obviously from E=mc<sup>2</sup>
    which should mean you can get power from accelerating electrons if you can. They actually did light the bulb in this experiment apparently. In the pdf they say that it heated up a heat sink connected to one of switching transistors way beyond what seemed normal which to me suggested it started ionizing the aluminum by drawing away it's electrons in order to power the light bulb connected to the output. Remedied perhaps by a sodium based electron reservoir?

    I donno, you guys figure it out. I'm not a scientist here

    I'm having trouble posting the schematic. something wrong with the uploader on this site


    Last edited by tichama; March 24th, 2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: trying to upload schematic
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    Quote Originally Posted by tichama View Post
    I'm having trouble posting the schematic. something wrong with the uploader on this site

    You have to have a certain number of posts before you can post URLs.
    This is an anti-spam measure.


    Last edited by Cogito Ergo Sum; May 11th, 2014 at 06:00 AM.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    17,036
    I found the file on line. I am not going to post a link (they don't deserve the oxygen of publicity). I gave up trying to make any sense of it. It is obviously a load of ignorant nonsense.
    ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Moderator Moderator Cogito Ergo Sum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,519
    I will summarize the document below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Article, p. 7
    A last think: ECD [energy conversion device] when operated close enough to full conversion point, will couple ether (?) into reproducible energy many magnitudes beyond what can be supplied through power supply. The power supply is only for driving the 3 oscillators, it has no connection with the gotten power from ether conversion! That is our understanding.

    The paper is written by Otto Sabljaric and Roberto Notte (both have no record of being researchers) and was published in 2007.

    A quick skim reveals a lot of schemes, pictures, tables and graphs, in order to support the idea that they have replicated the experiments of Steven Mark(*), who (according to some threads on the OverUnity forum) managed to create a device with magnetic, toroidal coils that generated energy from scratch.


    (*) No trustworthy information could be found about him (cf. post #6).


    PS: I am certain that more knowledgeable people can spot the exact errors in the document, but I hope this suffices.
    Last edited by Cogito Ergo Sum; March 25th, 2014 at 08:11 AM.
    "The only safe rule is to dispute only with those of your acquaintance of whom you know that they possess sufficient intelligence and self-respect not to advance absurdities; to appeal to reason and not to authority, and to listen to reason and yield to it; and, finally, to be willing to accept reason even from an opponent, and to be just enough to bear being proved to be in the wrong."

    ~ Arthur Schopenhauer, The Art of Being Right: 38 Ways to Win an Argument (1831), Stratagem XXXVIII.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Over unity cranks.
    Ignore.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Cogito Ergo Sum likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    40
    I watched the YouTube video on how magnets can create electricity from scratch. I never believed it and it now Cogito Ergo Sum as confirmed it for me, so I would never believe this it's nonsense (As stated by everyone else).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Quote Originally Posted by MindlessMath View Post
    I watched the YouTube video on how magnets can create electricity from scratch.
    There's a very good reason why no one takes Youtube videos seriously as evidence.
    (It depends on what you mean by "from scratch": no-one disputes that dynamos work for example, but they require an energy input so it's hardly "from scratch").

    I never believed it and it now Cogito Ergo Sum as confirmed it for me
    Read it again.
    What Cogito actually wrote was "according to some threads on the OverUnity forum".
    I.e. as reported by cranks on a crank forum.

    so I would never believe this it's nonsense (As stated by everyone else).
    As Cogito also stated.
    Last edited by Dywyddyr; March 24th, 2014 at 06:26 PM.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 particle physics 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    ok but Energy relates to the momentum of a particle, am I right?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Quote Originally Posted by tichama View Post
    ok but Energy relates to the momentum of a particle, am I right?
    Depends on what you mean by relates.
    Momentum is MV.
    Energy is 1/2MV2.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    so go spank some electrons and see if you can use their momentum for anything useful
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
     

  14. #13  
    Genius Duck Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,957
    Quote Originally Posted by tichama View Post
    so go spank some electrons and see if you can use their momentum for anything useful
    And your point here would be... what, exactly?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,302
    desktop particle accelerator
    If you want a desktop device that accelerates electrons, I suggest you get a cathode ray tube, such as an old CRT computer screen. Sorted
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Fibre Optic particle accelerator
    By Aristarchus in Exile in forum Pseudoscience
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 14th, 2011, 01:40 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 30th, 2009, 11:16 PM
  3. What's on your desktop?
    By Megabrain in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: July 16th, 2009, 10:00 PM
  4. Space Accelerator
    By GrantG in forum Physics
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: January 12th, 2007, 01:26 AM
  5. desktop icon
    By SinMan in forum Computer Science
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 20th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •