Notices
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By billvon

Thread: !Spirits/Ghosts and electrical charges!

  1. #1 !Spirits/Ghosts and electrical charges! 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Hello everyone,

    I came up with this idea when I was about to get asleep.
    According to the majority of most theories of religious people, ghosts or spirits are actually the energy of a dead person. We cannot see or touch them, but they can interact with us, and sometimes they can even move physical matter (objects etc.).

    I totally respect this point of view. But personally, Iím not religious of any kind.

    The human brain is surrounded by weak electrical charges, this happens because of the communication between the millions of neurons we have. (Like when we think, study etc.)

    My idea is, when someoneís die these weak electrical charges do not completely die with the person, which is in fact ridiculous because thereís no more brain activity, but letís say if the electrical charges donít die and somehow get out of the brain and stay around the atmosphere.

    Now, if when these electrical charges are getting out of the brain they take with them the memories of the dead person, we will actually have an intelligent life being. It is an energy being formed by electrical charges so we canít touch it, see it, or hear it(not with our eyes or ears anyway). But it has memories, and it can interact with physical matter in a certain way using the power of its electrical charges.

    To sum up, is a spirit made of electrical charges and memories of a dead person ?
    Thank you for reading this. Please share your opinion (Physics, chemists, scientists, priests will be highly appreciated), and do not blame me if this canít be true at all.

    Diniz Gomes


    ďAnd god said: - Science wins ď



    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    First you'd have to show there is such a thing as a ghost or spirit.

    This isn't physics. I'm sending it to pseudoscience.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by AcKel View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Hello and welcome to the forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcKel View Post
    According to the majority of most theories of religious people, ghosts or spirits are actually the energy of a dead person. We cannot see or touch them, but they can interact with us, and sometimes they can even move physical matter (objects
    I doubt most religious people hold this specific view. Even if they do, a theory about something for which no serious evidence exists, from people with a religious agenda, can generally be disregarded from a scientific standpoint.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcKel View Post
    My idea is, when someoneís die these weak electrical charges do not completely die with the person, which is in fact ridiculous because thereís no more brain activity, but letís say if the electrical charges donít die and somehow get out of the brain and stay around the atmosphere.

    Now, if when these electrical charges are getting out of the brain they take with them the memories of the dead person, we will actually have an intelligent life being. It is an energy being formed by electrical charges so we canít touch it, see it, or hear it(not with our eyes or ears anyway). But it has memories, and it can interact with physical matter in a certain way using the power of its electrical charges.
    It is an interesting idea. Unfortunately, there is no evidence to support it and quiet a lot of evidence to contradict it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by AcKel View Post
    Hello everyone,.... ..... and do not blame me if this can’t be true at all.

    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    First you'd have to show there is such a thing as a ghost or spirit.

    This isn't physics. I'm sending it to pseudoscience.
    Harold14370 with all due respect, leaving aside the point of view of religious people, which I totally disagree with, nowadays we can prove it in a very easy way. I'm not saying it is ghosts or spirits, but it's definitely something.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    "I doubt most religious people hold this specific view. Even if they do, a theory about something for which no serious evidence exists, from people with a religious agenda, can generally be disregarded from a scientific standpoint."

    I agree with you, and if you refer to my next phrase you will see that I express my point of view concerning religion and all its ideas in general.

    Since I have no proofs and there's no law or force that can maintain these electrical charges organized without the presence of neurons, I would say... Let's call it...

    Thank you all for time guys !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by AcKel View Post
    To sum up, is a spirit made of electrical charges and memories of a dead person ?
    Nope. Spirits are indeed made of electrical charges and memories - but they are created by the minds and the memories of living people, who use their innate ability to see human figures in non-human forms (prareidoloa) to create visions of such spirits. They may not be real but they are very "real" to the people who experience them.
    MrMojo1 and Cogito Ergo Sum like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by AcKel View Post
    Harold14370 with all due respect, leaving aside the point of view of religious people, which I totally disagree with, nowadays we can prove it in a very easy way. I'm not saying it is ghosts or spirits, but it's definitely something.
    I presume you meant to say, "nowadays we can disprove it (the hypothesis that ghosts are residual electric charges) in a very easy way".

    However, you have misunderstood why Harold moved your thread. It was not because there is a phenomena that some people interpret as ghosts. It is because you proposed an explanation for that phenomena that is patently absurd and unscientific. I am at a loss to understand why you would post a hypothesis you know to be ridiculous. There could be advantages in such an approach, but you have used none of them.

    if you refer to my next phrase you will see that I express my point of view concerning religion and all its ideas in general.
    I just want correct a false impression you may have. You appear to think I may share your views on religion. Please note I questioned the value of theories proposed by persons "with a religious agenda", not those proposed by religious persons in general.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Quote Originally Posted by AcKel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    First you'd have to show there is such a thing as a ghost or spirit.

    This isn't physics. I'm sending it to pseudoscience.
    Harold14370 with all due respect, leaving aside the point of view of religious people, which I totally disagree with, nowadays we can prove it in a very easy way. I'm not saying it is ghosts or spirits, but it's definitely something.
    What phenomena are you referring to, which you say is definitely something, that you think your hypothesis could explain? What is the evidence for it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Harold, I have seen two ghosts, so I know personally the phenomenon is real, i.e. definitely something. However, ackel's explanation totally fails to account for this 'something', a point he readily admits. That returns me, full circle, to ask him again - why even post it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Harold, I have seen two ghosts, so I know personally the phenomenon is real, i.e. definitely something. However, ackel's explanation totally fails to account for this 'something', a point he readily admits. That returns me, full circle, to ask him again - why even post it?
    I wrote down this post, because even if I'm a science student I do not possess the required knowledge to explain this event. The main point, was actually to ask other people who have a decent science knowledge(physics, chemistry, biology etc) to prove to my self that this idea was or not true.
    I know this isn't an affair or subject of most importance, so we do no need to continue this conversation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM
  2. Ghosts
    By MoltenWhale in forum Biology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 11th, 2008, 12:30 AM
  3. Ghosts
    By Orleander in forum Pseudoscience
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: June 5th, 2008, 10:05 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: June 4th, 2008, 10:34 PM
  5. Electrical Fields Caused by Static Electricity Charges
    By greggb in forum Electrical and Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 19th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •