Notices
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: The ancient egyptians flying vehicles

  1. #1 The ancient egyptians flying vehicles 
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    298






    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    320
    pod racing...cool


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    49
    more than anything i would say that these suggest an alien interference in Egyption society. Everything else was so rudamentary (compared to today) that i dont believe that had anywhere close to enough technology. Technology in one field usually goes hand in hand with technology in another.
    i ripped this off of someone else's signature, but i felt that it equally applied to me.
    "Hammered Like A Blacksmith, Stoned Like a Mountain
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Guest
    Actually, I saw this on the history channel. They can't find any explanation for it, since absolutely everybody disagrees.

    However here is my small explanation: Egyptians used pictures to convey a word, phrase, or story. Those images could very well be greatly misunderstood, and by chance end up looking similar to the millions of images we have today.
    This is a simple explanation, that has some basis. You commonly find images drawn by civilizations that look like things we see today. Some even found a supposed car. quite franky, this isn't surprising in the least. Look at how probable it is.

    and lastly, for a different occult view: This could be signs of precognition. However I prefer the former explanation to the latter. :P
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,355
    thats funny, using the mellenium falcon and speeders as examples
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Actually, I saw this on the history channel. They can't find any explanation for it, since absolutely everybody disagrees.

    However here is my small explanation: Egyptians used pictures to convey a word, phrase, or story. Those images could very well be greatly misunderstood, and by chance end up looking similar to the millions of images we have today.
    This is a simple explanation, that has some basis. You commonly find images drawn by civilizations that look like things we see today. Some even found a supposed car. quite franky, this isn't surprising in the least. Look at how probable it is.

    and lastly, for a different occult view: This could be signs of precognition. However I prefer the former explanation to the latter. :P
    i agree with what you say, except that i like to think that it would have a little more meaning than that. However, generally, i would agree with your statement.
    i ripped this off of someone else's signature, but i felt that it equally applied to me.
    "Hammered Like A Blacksmith, Stoned Like a Mountain
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Perk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Actually, I saw this on the history channel. They can't find any explanation for it, since absolutely everybody disagrees.

    However here is my small explanation: Egyptians used pictures to convey a word, phrase, or story. Those images could very well be greatly misunderstood, and by chance end up looking similar to the millions of images we have today.
    This is a simple explanation, that has some basis. You commonly find images drawn by civilizations that look like things we see today. Some even found a supposed car. quite franky, this isn't surprising in the least. Look at how probable it is.

    and lastly, for a different occult view: This could be signs of precognition. However I prefer the former explanation to the latter. :P
    i agree with what you say, except that i like to think that it would have a little more meaning than that. However, generally, i would agree with your statement.
    Well I don't disagree entirely that it possibly has more meaning, as i am not a translator, but generally I think this rationality holds.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    30
    The first question that I can think of is; are these images legit?

    If so, the change of 4 'vehicle' formed signs together is pretty small, no?

    There probably is a reasonable explanation, otherwise precog, as said before.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritNL
    The first question that I can think of is; are these images legit?
    Well, since I saw it personally on the history channel (or was it the science channel? Either way it was some documentary on those very symbols), and don't recall them saying there is evidence towards them being non-legit. However I do agree there is a good chance these aren't legitimate.

    Can someone provide some links?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    There's a very good explanation that we archaeologists understand very well: a palimpsest combined with pareidolia. This palimpsest pops up from time to time. What we see here isn't a single inscription but two or three. As different pharaohs took over, they frequently had inscriptions updated with a very simple method that 'erased' the previous inscription: they had their scribes fill in the old script with plaster and inscribe a new one.

    Also, the images provided by the OP are deceptive (a.k.a. lies) since they're retouched. The original, un-retouched palimpsest is here:



    Here's an overlay of the two, and possibly three, different text layers. Each layer is translatable and has context.



    This is the text in it's context with the pharaoh's cartouche to the left.



    What the original text says is, "who repulses the Nine Bows" and the text that replaces it says, "who protects Egypt and overthrows the foreign countries." These are called titularies, or naming conventions of important people, in this case pharaohs. Specifically, the pharoahs in question are Seti I (for whom the first titulary of the palimpsest was dedicated to) and then his son and successor Ramesses II (for whom the second titulary of the palimpsest is dedicated).

    The plaster of the palimpsest was eroded, probably by water leaking in through the ceiling. Notice, in the OP's first image the damaged ceiling and the direction of the damage is consistent with the eroded area of the palimpsest.

    There are no "flying machines" in Egyptian antiquity. Sorry to disappoint the significance-junkies out there. But the mystery-mongers need not fret because the intricacies of the hows and whys of dynastic politics in Egypt's antiquity are many and little understood.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Guest
    And, if you look in the third image, there is the porno bunny.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Guest
    Christ! There's a bloody steam engine in there as well! - maybe they used it to haul the stones to the top of the pyramids!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Guest
    And if you look closely you can make out (far left in the third image) a water pipe. Which, as far as I know, wasn't even in egypt or invented at the time. I've no idea, I never did any reading about those things.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,355
    and if you look just left of centre(of the first smaller image), theres the open gate gear selector of a six speed manual gearbox :-D
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Guest
    Need we say anymore? We've pretty much "busted" this. Mythbuster style.

    Actually I think that circular thing looks more like a record or a CD or something. Not a gearbox. Unless you were referring to the thing left of that. However I believe that was the Steam Engine Megabrain suggested.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Need we say anymore? We've pretty much "busted" this. Mythbuster style.

    Actually I think that circular thing looks more like a record or a CD or something. Not a gearbox. Unless you were referring to the thing left of that. However I believe that was the Steam Engine Megabrain suggested.

    no look on the very top pic of prof's. In a ferrari or similar where the gear stick moves you get an open selector(actually inside the cockpit) usually in normal cars theres a leather/plastic cover over it. it looks like this

    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •