Notices
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: The Seven Layers of Earth

  1. #1 The Seven Layers of Earth 
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    298
    A Miracle of the Quran and the Prophetic Tradition

    Probing the depths of the Earth and taking pains to uncover the secrets of its internal structure and composition, scientists came to realize that the old myths about the Earth are scientifically baseless. Scientists in the twentieth century decided that the Earth consists of only three layers. Having discovered the sphericity of the Earth, they suggested that this sphere comprises three parts; the core, the crust which is very thin compared to the total volume of the Earth and a third layer in between the two called The Mantle.

    Evolution of the scientific facts

    However, the three-layer theory didn’t hold true for long, owing to recent discoveries in Geology. Measurements and recent tests showed that the pressure of the material of the Earth’s core is immense and reaches three million times the pressure at the surface.

    Under such pressure the material transforms into the solid state, which means that the core of the Earth is solid and is enclosed by a liquid layer of extremely high temperature. This also means that the core of the Earth consists of 2 layers not just one; a solid inner core and a liquid upper core.

    Measurement devices developed and scientists were able to observe a clear distinction between the different parts of the Earth’s interior. A layer of hot rocks underneath the crust was discovered, that is the Lithosphere. Underneath the Lithosphere are three layers distinct in density, pressure and temperature.


    Having discovered these layers, scientists found themselves dividing the Earth into seven layers and no more. The Cut-away view below shows these layers drawn to scale according to the recent findings of scientists. The fact that the Earth comprises seven layers is established. It is taught at universities and observed through seismographs and through studying the magnetic field of the Earth.

    Scientists also found out that the atom consists of seven layers which confirms the uniformity of the creation because the system that governs the creation of the whole universe is one, the earth consists of seven layers and each atom on it consists of seven layers too.

    What the Quran says:

    Telling of the seven layers of the Heavens and the Earth, God says in the Holy Quran:

    1- He (Allah) Who created the seven heavens one above the other – [Al Mulk: 3]

    2- Allah is He Who created seven heavens and the earth the like of them – [ Al Talaaq: 12]

    The first verse is talking about two characteristics of the heavens; their number, that is seven, and the arrangement of them (one above the other) or ‘in layers’. The second verse asserts the similarity between the Earth and the heavens (And the Earth the like of them), so as the heavens consist of seven layers, the earth identically consists of seven layers.

    Let’s ponder on (one above the other). It denotes the layering of the Earth, and this is what today’s scientists discovered. Now we can see that the Quran had determined the structure of the Earth, which is in layers, and had also determined the number of these layers, that is seven. In other words, the Quran had given a precise description of the earth’s interior, thus it preceded the scientists of the twenty-first century by fourteen centuries in proving this fact. Isn’t this a splendid miracle of the Quran?


    What the Hadith says:

    Pondering on the Hadith (sayings) of Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him), we’ll find one that asserts the existence of the seven layers of the earth concentric and one above the other. The prophet (PBUH) said: (Whoever usurps even one span of the land, his neck will be encircled because of it with seven earths) [narrated by Al Bukhari]. Here the prophet gave another characteristic of the layers, encirclement, by saying (will be encircled with it) and this is how the layers truly look like, they are concentric and each one encircles the one underneath it.

    The question here is: Isn’t this a great miracle of the prophet? Not just that the Hadith determines the number of the earth’s layers, seven, and determines the arrangement of these layers, but it also bears an indication to the sphericity of the earth.

    From this article we find that the Holy Quran and the Hadith reached these facts about the earth long before modern science did. The Quran had given us the precise description of the earth’s internal structure (layers one above the other) and also had given us the exact number of these layers, seven, while it took scientists long years of theorizing and re-theorizing to come up with the same conclusions. So exalted be Allah who said in His Holy Book : (And in the earth are portents for those whose faith is sure- and also in yourselves, can ye then not see) [Al Thariaat: 21-22].


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    References:

    ‘Inside the Earth’- an article taken from the web site of the USGS http://pubs.usgs.gov/publications/text/inside.html

    ‘The Earth’s layers’- an article http://volcano.und.nodak.edu/vwdocs/...s_layers1.html
    [/img]


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    399
    How long didi it take you to type that? What a complete waste of time.

    "The Quran had given us the precise description of the earth’s internal structure (layers one above the other)"

    I laughed when I read that. If that's your definition of a precise description of the earth's interior I'd like to see your definition of a loose description!


     

  4. #3  
    Forum Professor river_rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,517
    If its not christian creationism its islamic creationism - though seeing profahmfaw hold hands in solidarity with pat robinson would be worth its weight in gold to see
    As is often the case with technical subjects we are presented with an unfortunate choice: an explanation that is accurate but incomprehensible, or comprehensible but wrong.
     

  5. #4  
    Guest
    Welcome Back Jagoman!
     

  6. #5 My dear billiards 
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    298
    I am happy that you want to know more about that..if you were looking for the truth and nothing but the truth visit this site


    http://www.55a.net/firas/english/index.php

    this islam which we fight it now have a very wonderful miracles we didnt learn from our Crusades on them
    when i see how Quraan told us these facts I had tears in my eyes.
    I want everyone who is looking for the truth? to visit this site.and look at the facts and nothing esle..
     

  7. #6 Re: My dear billiards 
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    I am happy that you want to know more about that..if you were looking for the truth and nothing but the truth visit this site


    http://www.55a.net/firas/english/index.php

    this islam which we fight it now have a very wonderful miracles we didnt learn from our Crusades on them
    when i see how Quraan told us these facts I had tears in my eyes.
    I want everyone who is looking for the truth? to visit this site.and look at the facts and nothing esle..
    If the Qu'ran has all the answers why do muslim scholars not tell scientists what the rest of the secrets are?
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    298
    If the Qu'ran has all the answers why do muslim scholars not tell scientists what the rest of the secrets are?

    I told you before that the muslims themselves many of them dont know anything about the scientific facts in thier Quraan..and they read it maybe everyday but dont look at this signs.

    Besides Quraan dont have all the answers but gives us a glimpse of what we discovered in the latest 50 years to prove that it came from god
    do u know that Quraan told muslims about the light velocity and the atom ?
    it also told Muslims that the atom consist of smaller particles.

    I know an egyptian australian scientist in Geology who discovered many of scientific facts of quraan this is his web site if you are looking for the truth and nothing but the truth

    http://www.elnaggarzr.com/Test_fre/English/index_E.asp

    did u see the movie The Da Vinci Code? starring tom hanks ..!!!!!
    do u know why Malcolm X was killed?
    i am not here to talk about politics but to talk about science.
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman jagoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    88
    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    Welcome Back Jagoman!
    lol how did you know :P nah thats not me, very well put though profahmfaw.

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    look at the facts and nothing esle
    exactly right, and if you do just that with ALL the verses of the Qur'an, let alone the few profahmfaw described, then what do you get. Consistency, Accuracy, and undeniable evidence of words of the Creator.

    Just to touch upon the accuracy issues raised, an example of your disapproval of this post is just like:

    ~~~~~~~~
    The Qur'an says: 1 + 1 = 2
    You would have liked 1 + 1 = 2.00000

    OR

    The Qur'an says: 1 + 1 = 2.0000000
    You would have liked 1 + 1 = 2.000000000000000000
    ~~~~~~~~

    I know its a very silly example, but thats how I think your seeing this information (particularly 'zelos' ). Plus my worded descriptions just get ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by billco
    If the Qu'ran has all the answers why do muslim scholars not tell scientists what the rest of the secrets are?
    They have, but were always rejected, or set as a theory until proven correct in the end (examples will be shown in new topic planned). Also many of the discoveries have not been discovered, so they dont know what to look for.

    Quote Originally Posted by profahmfaw
    muslims themselves many of them dont know anything about the scientific facts in thier Quraan..and they read it maybe everyday but dont look at this signs
    VERY true.
    Ignorance is Bliss ... till death
     

  10. #9  
    Guest
    If you are saying that core/mantle/crust is incorrect you are wrong.
    If you say the Qu'ran say's core/mantle/crust is wrong then either the Qu'ran is wrong or has been mis-interpreted.
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    298
    If you are saying that core/mantle/crust is incorrect you are wrong.
    If you say the Qu'ran say's core/mantle/crust is wrong then either the Qu'ran is wrong or has been mis-interpreted.

    hahahhhhhhh what is wrong with you bilco? read the article well :-D
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Senior profahmfaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    298
    Welcome Jagoman pleased to meet you ..and thanks for your reply
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •