Notices
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How supernova and white dwarf are born

  1. #1 How supernova and white dwarf are born 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    260
    HOW SUPERNOVA AND WHITE DWARF ARE BORN

    The accepted cause of supernova, especially one bigger than the sun, is when the star burns all its nuclear fuel , it collapses unto itself, and which ignites a supernova explosion. While a star, smaller than the sun, that burns, eventually turns into white dwarfs at the end. These are supernova born out of dying stars.

    Here is another cause of birth of supernova from star in its prime that explodes prematurely, and settle down into white dwarfs and neutron stars, too. Note that the nuclear fusion sun burns so stably (is estimated to last for additional several billion years) and does it not explode in a sadden like hydrogen explosion. It is because the heat generated by the nuclear fusion of the sun is equalized/neutralized by the almost absolute zero temperature of the outer space, that, only such amount of heat energy of the sun is released. It is like the nuclear plant wherein the heart energy released by reactor is controlled or neutralized by the control rod and water coolant as to produce only a certain amount of heat. In isolated cases, wherein the heat generated by a star exceeds the balancing absolute zero temperature of outer space, it can trigger a sudden chain reaction, and a nuclear fusion explosion on galactic level brighter than the galaxy will occur. This is how supernova is born, too. After it explodes, there still remains the core of the exploded star. Such core, stripped of most outermost layer is the naked inner densed ball. This is how “white dwarf” and neutron star are born, not only from dying stars.

    Jsaldea12
    4.28.11
    Philippine Copyright 2011


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    419
    Whaaat ???
    You know the scientifically accepted information is available on line and in a lot of books. You posted garbage.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Complete fiction. No science. Tossed into the loony bin.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Re: How supernova and white dwarf are born 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaldea12
    HOW SUPERNOVA AND WHITE DWARF ARE BORN

    The accepted cause of supernova, especially one bigger than the sun, is when the star burns all its nuclear fuel , it collapses unto itself, and which ignites a supernova explosion. While a star, smaller than the sun, that burns, eventually turns into white dwarfs at the end. These are supernova born out of dying stars.
    Your first mistake is that a White Dwarf emerges from a supernova. This is incorrect. There are two general types of SNe, an none of this has a dwarf main sequence star as a progenitor. You are describing a type II SN, for which a star of at least 8-10 solar masses is needed. The cause is that the nuclear fusion process in the core of the massive star stops due to depletion of fusion agents. However, there is still a lot of hydrogen around in the upper layers of such a star. When the fusion process stops, the inward gravitational pressure is larger than the outward radiative pressure, and the star collapses. This triggers a thermonuclear explosion. This results in the formation of a neutron star or a stellar black hole. White Dwarfs are something different. They remain after the outer layers of a low mass star are expelled at the end of its lifetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaldea12
    Here is another cause of birth of supernova from star in its prime that explodes prematurely, and settle down into white dwarfs and neutron stars, too. Note that the nuclear fusion sun burns so stably (is estimated to last for additional several billion years) and does it not explode in a sadden like hydrogen explosion. It is because the heat generated by the nuclear fusion of the sun is equalized/neutralized by the almost absolute zero temperature of the outer space, that, only such amount of heat energy of the sun is released.
    This is absolutely wrong. The stable fusion process is maintained by the equilibrium of gravitational and radiative pressure. The ambient temperature is irrelevant. Please note that the solar corona is much hotter than the photosphere. So the immediate surrounding of the sun is not close to 0 K at all - neither is the interplanetary space.
    Quote Originally Posted by jsaldea12
    It is like the nuclear plant wherein the heart energy released by reactor is controlled or neutralized by the control rod and water coolant as to produce only a certain amount of heat. In isolated cases, wherein the heat generated by a star exceeds the balancing absolute zero temperature of outer space, it can trigger a sudden chain reaction, and a nuclear fusion explosion on galactic level brighter than the galaxy will occur.
    Wrong! The sun is a fusion reactor, not a fission reactor. The heat is a result of nuclear processes, not the cause. You can only increase the reaction speed by increasing the density, e.g. by increasing the external pressure of stars. Thermodynamics tells you that a higher density also means a higher temperature (i.e. higher kinetic energy of the reactants), but the excess heat produced by the fusion process is much larger. This is what dominates the internal pressure that works against the gravitational pressure.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •