Notices
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 7 aspects of 'regular time' + 4 aspects of 'hypertime'

  1. #1 7 aspects of 'regular time' + 4 aspects of 'hypertime' 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    56
    Since Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity (1915), the one dimension of time has been added to the three dimensions of space to form the 4 dimensions of spacetime. (String theorists have proposed an additional 7 dimensions of 'hyperspace' in an attempt to complete a unified field theory. Currently, there is no direct observational proof of hyperspace.) But, if we accept that time is only one dimensional, we must also accept that there are different 'aspects of time'.

    The 7 aspects of ‘regular time’ are: [1] past, [2] present, [3] future, [4] the beginning: the Big Bang, [5] the end: black holes and this universe’s final entropy(?), [6] the void: beyond the boundary/horizon of an expanding universe, & [7] a constant: the speed of light.

    In addition to regular time, there are 4 aspects of ‘hypertime’: [1] fast forward/time dilation: moving clocks run slower than stationary clocks and clocks run faster in less gravity, [2] reverse or faster than light speed: tachyons, torsion waves, and information/thought can move faster than light; in another frame of reference they are moving backwards in time (wormholes warp space), [3] stop time: photons and all electromagnetic waves traveling at the speed of light are in a domain where time stops in that reference point, and as the horizon of a black hole is approached, time slows down relative to that of distant observers – stopping completely on the horizon, and [4] before the beginning and after the end: this universe had a birth and may have a death, yet, it is but one of the infinite non-parallel universes in ‘The Conglomerate’ or multiverse (super-massive black holes ‘Big Bang’ into new universes {super-massive white holes}).


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Brad, do us a favor, and just post directly to Pseudoscience until you have some evidence for your crackpot theories...


    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    107
    I am not sure what is meant by "regular" time, but time as it is used in science has no place for ideas such as present, past or future. These are aspects of time as it is used in everyday speech, but they are widely regarded as being subjective. This feature is indeed one of the great mysteries about time.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4 Arcane Theory has mathematican baffled! 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    56
    Arcane Mathematician,

    Apparently my theories are too arcane for you to understand. And even though you are incredibly rude, I will take the time to help you. :? Just what exactly in the op don't you understand? Please be specific.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    The 7 aspects of ‘regular time’ are: [1] past, [2] present, [3] future, [4] the beginning: the Big Bang, [5] the end: black holes and this universe’s final entropy(?), [6] the void: beyond the boundary/horizon of an expanding universe, & [7] a constant: the speed of light.
    An arbitrary and subjective collection of non-scientific concepts and misunderstanding.

    For instance, there is no boundary in an expanding universe where the big bang is its origin. You can fly as far as you wish and as fast as you wish and you will never reach an edge.

    Why choose the speed of light as the constant? How about the size of electric charge (an electron has a certain amount of charge that never changes)?

    In addition to regular time, there are 4 aspects of ‘hypertime
    None of the things you are describing here (not to mention the complete nonsense bits) needs the extra dimensions to exist. Time dilation was worked out even before the string theories existed. Tachyons are mere artefacts of the maths of relativity and are not thought to exist, though possible.

    Again, your lists are arbitrary and made-up. You could add all manner of extra "aspects" to suit your liking. It still doesn't mean you are saying anything profound or even vaguely interesting.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    An arbitrary and subjective collection of non-scientific concepts and misunderstanding. ...your lists are arbitrary and made-up.
    Agreed. In short: pseudoscientific.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: Arcane Theory has mathematican baffled! 
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Watson
    Arcane Mathematician,

    Apparently my theories are too arcane for you to understand. And even though you are incredibly rude, I will take the time to help you. :? Just what exactly in the op don't you understand? Please be specific.
    I understand how arbitrary your posts are, and the concepts they contain. There is nothing scientific about them, CERTAINLY not anything related to physics. I ask that you post in pseudoscience because that's what your posts are. Pseudo-scientific and linguistically manipulative. Nothing else. Your have applied numerology in a pointless way that only makes sense in your mind. There is no reason to assume that 7, 4, 6, 74, or any other number is cosmically important. Your posts don't make scientific sense, they never have, and they never will. Given this precedent, I really can't see the rudeness in my post.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Take the Time to understand Time 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    I am not sure what is meant by "regular time"
    Old Fool, even your screenname refers to the past! Reread the op and you'll understand that, like the difference between 'regular space' and 'hyperspace', there IS a difference between 'regular time' and 'hypertime', and the symmetry found when analyzing time and space is vital to correctly understanding spacetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    time as it is used in science has no place for ideas such as present, past or future.
    I made it very clear that time is regarded as one dimension. You are quite wrong when you make such an all incompassing statement as "science has no place for ideas such as present, past, or future." Many scientists are dealing with systems that today have changed from the past and are predicting the future changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    These are aspects of time as it is used in everyday speech, but they are widely regarded as being subjective.
    Again, you are wrong and wrong. Many of the aspects of time that I have used are hardly ever or possibly never "used in everyday speech". When have you ever heard the term hypertime? And there is nothing subjective about what I presented. You failing to understand it, doesn't make it 'subjective'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    This feature is indeed one of the great mysteries about time.
    Once again, you're wrong. This analysis of time takes a lot of the "great mysteries" out of understanding time. Isn't that the basic premise of science - taking questions from the 'mysteries', answering them correctly, thus putting them into the category of knowledge?!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: Take the Time to understand Time 
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Watson
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    I am not sure what is meant by "regular time"
    Old Fool, even your screenname refers to the past! Reread the op and you'll understand that, like the difference between 'regular space' and 'hyperspace', there IS a difference between 'regular time' and 'hypertime', and the symmetry found when analyzing time and space is vital to correctly understanding spacetime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    time as it is used in science has no place for ideas such as present, past or future.
    I made it very clear that time is regarded as one dimension. You are quite wrong when you make such an all incompassing statement as "science has no place for ideas such as present, past, or future." Many scientists are dealing with systems that today have changed from the past and are predicting the future changes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    These are aspects of time as it is used in everyday speech, but they are widely regarded as being subjective.
    Again, you are wrong and wrong. Many of the aspects of time that I have used are hardly ever or possibly never "used in everyday speech". When have you ever heard the term hypertime? And there is nothing subjective about what I presented. You failing to understand it, doesn't make it 'subjective'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Fool
    This feature is indeed one of the great mysteries about time.
    Once again, you're wrong. This analysis of time takes a lot of the "great mysteries" out of understanding time. Isn't that the basic premise of science - taking questions from the 'mysteries', answering them correctly, thus putting them into the category of knowledge?!
    Brad, he's right, you're wrong. All of your analysis is arbitrary.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10 Re: 7 aspects of 'regular time' + 4 aspects of 'hypertime' 
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Watson
    The 7 aspects of ‘regular time’ are: [1] past, [2] present, [3] future, [4] the beginning: the Big Bang, [5] the end: black holes and this universe’s final entropy(?), [6] the void: beyond the boundary/horizon of an expanding universe, & [7] a constant: the speed of light.
    The void - an expression of space - is clearly not an aspect of time. If it is, then one my equally include that part of the universe that is not the void. That would change your number of aspects from 7 to 8.

    What on Earth is a final entropy? Until you define it, precisely, in scientific terms, it is nonsensical verbiage. Certainly there is nothing in the common use of the words that suggests an aspect of time.

    As noted by Kalster if you are going to include the speed of light you should also include the fine structure constant. Can you explain why the fine structure constant, arguably the most important number in the universe, is not some construct of 7 and 4?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,377
    Brad has presented in this and other threads a bit of numerology which has been described by the SkepDic as:

    Numerology is the study of the occult meanings of numbers and their influence on human life. Since there are no occult meanings to numbers and since numbers by themselves can have no significant influence on anyone's life, numerology is nothing but superstition masquerading as science or art.

    http://www.skepdic.com/numology.html
    Wikipedia goes further stating:

    The term can also be used for those who place excess faith in numerical patterns, even if those people don't practice traditional numerology. For example, in his 1997 book Numerology: Or What Pythagoras Wrought, mathematician Underwood Dudley uses the term to discuss practitioners of the Elliott wave principle of stock market analysis.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerology
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •