Notices
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Astral Projection.

  1. #1 Astral Projection. 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    28
    I would love to know if anyone here has experience of acheiving the state of Astral projection, A state where a person can explore the dream world and, so I've read can visit any place he or she wishes, within the dream state. Visiting temples of knowledge and such like. Can anyone give me any instruction on how to achieve this Amazing thing....Please don't take the piss out of this genuine search for enlightenment...I have placed this question in the Pseudoscience caragory afterall. thanks for any advice you can give.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: Astral Projection. 
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,376
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    I would love to know if anyone here has experience of acheiving the state of Astral projection, A state where a person can explore the dream world and, so I've read can visit any place he or she wishes, within the dream state. Visiting temples of knowledge and such like. Can anyone give me any instruction on how to achieve this Amazing thing....Please don't take the piss out of this genuine search for enlightenment...I have placed this question in the Pseudoscience caragory afterall. thanks for any advice you can give.
    Thank you for placing this in the pseudoscience category.

    While it would be very easy to take a piss on your question, particularly from a scientific and rational standpoint, and definitely from a skeptical one, I think this is a topic that deserves some additional discussion, especially since you proactively put it in Pseudoscience, that is not derogatory or overly insulting (some insult might not be avoidable depending on how much you want to believe in a given false premise).

    We've had a few discussions here on the topic already, but they were moved here from those who were insulted by the mere change of venue -that's how seriously they believed in their premise of "astral projection."

    The main issue, however, is that astral projection doesn't seem to exist in reality. Those that claim to experience it are often lying out-right, but many if not most confuse natural mental states (which involve no exit from the body) with something supernatural.

    One of the problems with a premise of astral projection is what, specifically, is being projected? All evidence points to a mind that is a result of physical processes: bio-chemical reactions of neurons and synapses in the brain. Feelings of being "outside of the self" are easily induced chemically and electrically and measured by fMRI and EEG. Yet there is no testable evidence that anyone has ever "left their body" by some, as yet to be explained mechanism, and traveled elsewhere.

    There are anecdotes. Lots of anecdotes. In fact, every written account (books, articles, etc.) are all anecdotal and do not provide reproducible results that can be tested by impartial (or even partial!) observers in scientifically controlled environments. Its all too easy to claim after-the-fact that someone was able to travel outside their body, obtaining this or that information that they couldn't have otherwise. Except that, when providing anecdotes for events in the past, its also easy to assign unfair and invalid confirmation. The observations aren't scientifically controlled.

    These sorts of beliefs are fascinating and worth exploring if only to see what drives them. But the experiences aren't real prima facie. They are perceptions of experience.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: Astral Projection. 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    I would love to know if anyone here has experience of acheiving the state of Astral projection, A state where a person can explore the dream world and, so I've read can visit any place he or she wishes, within the dream state. Visiting temples of knowledge and such like. Can anyone give me any instruction on how to achieve this Amazing thing....Please don't take the piss out of this genuine search for enlightenment...I have placed this question in the Pseudoscience caragory afterall. thanks for any advice you can give.
    It is a special form of matter that can do it I believe. You have to transform into this matter, while you are doing it. It has to have a dimensional expression that gives it any chosen position.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    28
    Yes, I understand what you're saying but it is fasinating. I'm more of a scientific mind as you are but I do recognise that there ARE things in this universe which we cannot explain through logic, I believe that science has only scratched the surface of all the things there are to know in the universe, and there are forces which do not necessarily have to conform and be bound by the laws of Physics as we understand them at this moment in time. Perhaps we will discover them at some time in the future...Perhaps they are as unbelievable as Einsteins theories would be if you told them to an alchemist who lived in the dark ages. Who knows?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    but I do recognise that there ARE things in this universe which we cannot explain through logic,
    Much of what we understand about the universe has been determined through observation and experimentation along with the application of logic. Logic alone has explained very little.
    Science is founded on the principle that everything natural about the universe can be explained. The expectation is that anything natural that is currently unexplained can eventually be explained using the the process of science. Do you disagree with this summation?

    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    I believe that science has only scratched the surface of all the things there are to know in the universe,
    This may well be true, but it does not in any way support your first statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    and there are forces which do not necessarily have to conform and be bound by the laws of Physics as we understand them at this moment in time.
    What evidence do you have for this very general statement? There may be purple silicon based life forms in the Andromeda galaxy who play five dimensional chess, but without evidence to the contrary there seems little reason to postualte them.

    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    ...Perhaps they are as unbelievable as Einsteins theories would be if you told them to an alchemist who lived in the dark ages. Who knows?
    The alchemists were not scientists. Most of them did not employ the principles of science. If there were unknown forces as you suggest they would be wholly believable to today's scientists if presented with the evidence and support of the scientific process.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: Astral Projection. 
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    I would love to know if anyone here has experience of acheiving the state of Astral projection, A state where a person can explore the dream world and, so I've read can visit any place he or she wishes, within the dream state. Visiting temples of knowledge and such like. Can anyone give me any instruction on how to achieve this Amazing thing....Please don't take the piss out of this genuine search for enlightenment...I have placed this question in the Pseudoscience caragory afterall. thanks for any advice you can give.
    I've heard people describing experiences from smoking Salvia Divinorum in a similar manner. That's probably as close to a 'real' experience of Astral Projection you'll get; by getting lots of Salvinorin A in your system.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 Re: Astral Projection. 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    I would love to know if anyone here has experience of acheiving the state of Astral projection, A state where a person can explore the dream world and, so I've read can visit any place he or she wishes, within the dream state. Visiting temples of knowledge and such like. Can anyone give me any instruction on how to achieve this Amazing thing....Please don't take the piss out of this genuine search for enlightenment...I have placed this question in the Pseudoscience caragory afterall. thanks for any advice you can give.
    I've heard people describing experiences from smoking Salvia Divinorum in a similar manner. That's probably as close to a 'real' experience of Astral Projection you'll get; by getting lots of Salvinorin A in your system.

    We did not ask for drug commercial.

    Now, the phase of the matter of the being can make possible a trip through the room.
    1. It needs to know the place to go first
    2. It needs to believe in that a substance is gonna be eaten that divides the soul into a phase that can move to this place instantly.

    Since belief can prepare the body, it is enough for a teleport

    3. Make sure to be close to a hospital.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8 Re: Astral Projection. 
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingQuietly
    Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    Quote Originally Posted by quantumintel
    I would love to know if anyone here has experience of acheiving the state of Astral projection, A state where a person can explore the dream world and, so I've read can visit any place he or she wishes, within the dream state. Visiting temples of knowledge and such like. Can anyone give me any instruction on how to achieve this Amazing thing....Please don't take the piss out of this genuine search for enlightenment...I have placed this question in the Pseudoscience caragory afterall. thanks for any advice you can give.
    I've heard people describing experiences from smoking Salvia Divinorum in a similar manner. That's probably as close to a 'real' experience of Astral Projection you'll get; by getting lots of Salvinorin A in your system.

    We did not ask for drug commercial.

    Now, the phase of the matter of the being can make possible a trip through the room.
    1. It needs to know the place to go first
    2. It needs to believe in that a substance is gonna be eaten that divides the soul into a phase that can move to this place instantly.

    Since belief can prepare the body, it is enough for a teleport

    3. Make sure to be close to a hospital.
    you're posting horseshit and not backing any of it up with even a semblance of evidence...
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: Astral Projection. 
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingQuietly
    Since belief can prepare the body, it is enough for a teleport.
    We have a saying in Norway that "Faith can move mountains".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10 Re: Astral Projection. 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingQuietly
    Since belief can prepare the body, it is enough for a teleport.
    We have a saying in Norway that "Faith can move mountains".
    Atleast it can change ones state of mind. My belief is that it also can change the souls structure.

    In other words, it could become a structure that can teleport. However, it might be hard to bring the body. It may be susceptible to teleporting. In other words, it may die.

    Dreaming I postulate is the evidence of the abillity to do it. A brain cannot pass to all parts of the brain the same story, but the soul can store all that information. So a soulless individual is dead. story-wise. In other words, it's just a computer. Don't drench it in coffee.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •