Notices
Results 1 to 60 of 60

Thread: Mods, seriously, can I post about Religion/Sci Here?

  1. #1 Mods, seriously, can I post about Religion/Sci Here? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    About Jesus (Religion) saying the Earth is flat and Sir Isaac Newton (Science) agreeing?


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    266
    you are wrong on both accounts


     

  4. #3  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    which is why the posts are trashed.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by ishmaelblues
    you are wrong on both accounts
    Allow me to defend my thread.

    Jesus said: "That which supports the earth is that which supports the heaven. When a Word comes forth from the Greatness, it will come on what supports the heaven and the earth. For the earth does not move. Were it to move, it would fall. But it neither moves nor falls, in order that the First Word might not fail."

    http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html


    Sir Isaac Newton said: "A body at rest stays at rest, and a body in motion stays in motion, unless it is acted on by an external force."

    -- A body (spherical earth) at rest cannot stay at rest according to RET.

    -- A body at rest cannot stay at rest on a spinning axis and constantly falling around the sun is what Pinocchio science calls when orbiting. Never at rest.


    The Laws of Motion make sense for a FE.


    -- A body (flat earth) at rest stays at rest, unless it is acted on by an external force (GOD)

    -- A body in motion (sun) stays in motion, unless it is acted on by an external force (GOD)

    Earth is flat... Jesus said it... Newton echoed it... Scientifically speaking I agree... GOD does too...
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    which is why the posts are trashed.
    Worse then trashed, they were completely deleted as though some great secret was being revealed that science itself could not defend. If they were moved to the trash I wouldn't have complained. Anyways the Governments of the World know the earth is flat, they hold the symbol on their UN flag.
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by ishmaelblues
    you are wrong on both accounts
    Allow me to defend my thread.

    Jesus said: "That which supports the earth is that which supports the heaven. When a Word comes forth from the Greatness, it will come on what supports the heaven and the earth. For the earth does not move. Were it to move, it would fall. But it neither moves nor falls, in order that the First Word might not fail."

    http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html


    Sir Isaac Newton said: "A body at rest stays at rest, and a body in motion stays in motion, unless it is acted on by an external force."

    -- A body (spherical earth) at rest cannot stay at rest according to RET.

    -- A body at rest cannot stay at rest on a spinning axis and constantly falling around the sun is what Pinocchio science calls when orbiting. Never at rest.


    The Laws of Motion make sense for a FE.


    -- A body (flat earth) at rest stays at rest, unless it is acted on by an external force (GOD)

    -- A body in motion (sun) stays in motion, unless it is acted on by an external force (GOD)

    Earth is flat... Jesus said it... Newton echoed it... Scientifically speaking I agree... GOD does too...
    You, sir, have NO understanding of physics...
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  8. #7  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    which is why the posts are trashed.
    Worse then trashed, they were completely deleted as though some great secret was being revealed that science itself could not defend. If they were moved to the trash I wouldn't have complained. Anyways the Governments of the World know the earth is flat, they hold the symbol on their UN flag.
    The UN flag is a downward view of the earth from space of the north pole, indicating the dominant nations participating in the UN, Europe, Asia and North America, extrapolating the southern hemisphere in a weird, elongated way. It is in NO way even CLOSE to an example of a "flat Earth" I call BS here. The Earth is a spherical object, and that can be proven. Travel around the Earth in ANY straight line and you will end up RIGHT where you started, every time. That can't happen on a Flat Earth. Sorry, please try again.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  9. #8  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Earth is flat... Jesus said it... Newton echoed it... Scientifically speaking I agree... GOD does too...
    Held up by elephants on the back of a turtle right? Happy Hogsfather's day to you too!
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
     

  10. #9  
    Moderator Moderator TheBiologista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by ishmaelblues
    you are wrong on both accounts
    Allow me to defend my thread.

    Jesus said: "That which supports the earth is that which supports the heaven. When a Word comes forth from the Greatness, it will come on what supports the heaven and the earth. For the earth does not move. Were it to move, it would fall. But it neither moves nor falls, in order that the First Word might not fail."

    http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html
    And who says that because the world is in some sense "supported" that it is flat? As for the rest- that the Earth is stationary- well I guess Jesus was totally wrong on that point, assuming this is something he actually said. And there's really no evidence that it is something he ever said.

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Sir Isaac Newton said: "A body at rest stays at rest, and a body in motion stays in motion, unless it is acted on by an external force."
    So what? Did Newton consider the Earth to be a flat body at rest? No, he considered the Earth to be a spherical body in motion.

    Anyway you don't have to take my word or anyone else's here. I've given you a simple means to test whether the Earth is spherical for yourself. All it takes is a pair of binoculars and a trip to the coast, preferably near a harbour. Watch the ships leaving harbour until they disappear from view. If the world is flat, they will disappear from view into a point beyond which you cannot discern them. If the world is a sphere, they should appear to vanish gradually over the horizon from hull up to their tallest point, almost as if sinking into the sea. Ships coming towards you over the horizon will appear to do the reverse.

    Before you quote Jesus or Newton again, go and try this. If your assumption is correct, you should see the first result. If not, the second.
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Professor marcusclayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,702
    Hail flatlander!
    Dick, be Frank.

    Ambiguity Kills.
     

  12. #11  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    The UN flag is a downward view of the earth from space of the north pole, indicating the dominant nations participating in the UN, Europe, Asia and North America, extrapolating the southern hemisphere in a weird, elongated way. It is in NO way even CLOSE to an example of a "flat Earth" I call BS here.
    "The UN flag is a downward view of the earth from space"

    I call BS here. There was no space travel when the UN was founded in 1945.

    You & I see the Horizon (curvature) at ground level and so does everyone grounded on the flat earth. According to scientists the Horizon would appear at a distance of 2.89 miles for an observers on the ground with eye-level at h = 5 ft 7. Flying in an airplane at 34,000 feet I should be able to capture that curvature with my camera lens. No-one has, no-one will.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon

    The small guy sees a Horizon.



    The bigger guy should see the small guys Horizon and his own.



    The biggest guy sees both of their Horizons and his too.


    At 34,000 feet I can see for hundreds of miles, hundreds!!! At this height every 2.89 miles I should see a small Horizon, a small degree of the earths curve, I should be able see 50, 60, 70 of these Horizons, my camera should capture a pretty good bulge of the curved earthís curvature but you donít, because its Flat.
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    And who says that because the world is in some sense "supported" that it is flat?
    You forgot to mention; "For the earth does not move."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    As for the rest- that the Earth is stationary- well I guess Jesus was totally wrong on that point, assuming this is something he actually said. And there's really no evidence that it is something he ever said.
    Here's the evidence.

    11th paragraph.

    The Dialogue of the Savior
    http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    So what? Did Newton consider the Earth to be a flat body at rest? No, he considered the Earth to be a spherical body in motion.
    This would make 50% of the law of motion a lie. Nothing, no-(body) can ever find rest on a spinning earth, including earth itself.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    Anyway you don't have to take my word or anyone else's here. I've given you a simple means to test whether the Earth is spherical for yourself. All it takes is a pair of binoculars and a trip to the coast, preferably near a harbour. Watch the ships leaving harbour until they disappear from view.
    You don't have to be close to water for this experiment, it also works on dry land.

    You can prove that the earth is FLAT with a pair of binoculars, because the so-called "curvature" is not the Horizon. Look around your own neighborhood and when your field of vision has reached an object where the bottom is no longer in sight reach for the binoculars and it will quickly re-appear with binocular lens. Everyone should try it out, see if Iím lying.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    If the world is flat, they will disappear from view into a point beyond which you cannot discern them. If the world is a sphere, they should appear to vanish gradually over the horizon from hull up to their tallest point, almost as if sinking into the sea. Ships coming towards you over the horizon will appear to do the reverse.
    Biologista don't be misled. I'm trying to help you, work with me.

    This is how science calculates YOUR horizon.

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...he_horizon.png
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/ba...s-the-horizon/


    The higher up you go, the further the curve (Horizon) of the earth gets, go higher, and it gets further, keep going higher and higher and it'll only get further and further. If the earth was truly round the higher up you are the more and more curvature you'd be able to see. Your camera would be able to capture that curvature on pictures like the pretty photos of NASA, lol, the space Shuttle would see the Horizon @ 2572 km away, on the moon (APOLLO) the Horizon of the earth could never fit in their camera.


    No, the earth is FLAT, this is why the higher up you are the further you can see. You can see past what you were able to see on the ground (although with less details) including the Horizon because the Horizon isn't the curvature, its your field of vision, and with that said Greek science with their Greek math misled all of us worried that when people traveled on airplanes they would wonder ďwhy didnít we see the curvature of the earth?Ē And the shills of science would quickly appease these questions by Greeking you with these calculations keeping your heads spinning on their round earth theory.


    EARTH IF FLAT - AND THAT CURVATURE IS YOUR FIELD OF VISION!!!
     

  14. #13  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    The Earth is a spherical object, and that can be proven. Travel around the Earth in ANY straight line and you will end up RIGHT where you started, every time. That can't happen on a Flat Earth. Sorry, please try again.
    You are privileged Arcane_Mathematician in being corrected by The Professor.

    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."

    4:14 PM
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage630006/pg2
     

  15. #14  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    So this is a fake along with all the other photos that were ever taken of the earth? Why would people fake it?



    All the round the world tours taken by many many people in history were forged? How do satellites stay in the sky if they don't orbit? Where does the sun go during night time? How can it be dark in one spot, but light in another spot on earth at the same time? Did you eat paint chips as a child?

    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."
    Who said planes fly in a straight line?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    So this is a fake along with all the other photos that were ever taken of the earth? Why would people fake it?

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Apollo_17.jpg
    Yes. Its fake. The mind is connected to your soul. If they can control your mind they control your soul.

    The Savior said, "The lamp of the body is the mind.
    http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/dialog.html

    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    All the round the world tours taken by many many people in history were forged? How do satellites stay in the sky if they don't orbit? Where does the sun go during night time? How can it be dark in one spot, but light in another spot on earth at the same time? Did you eat paint chips as a child?
    The Byzantine Empire run's 1000 kilometers across, but from where you can see the ISS to the ends of the earth (length-wise not width) runs more then ten thousand representing 90 degrees, 90 arcs, one/quarter of the earth's curvature.





    Earth's alleged spherical circumference is 40,000 kilometers. Making every arch of the 360 degree sphere at every 111.11 kilometers.

    You should see one degree, one arch for every 111.11 kilometers of those ten thousands kilometers.

    You should see a 90 degree bulge of the 360 degree earth. The above would represent one/quarter of the "alleged" round earth.


    40,000 ~ 360 = 111.11

    10,000 ~ 111.11 = 90 bulges/ arcs/ degrees. SCIENCE has failed -- JESUS was right & GOD Rules!!!!
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    "ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."



    An airplane flying would follow the same trajectory the ISS is positioned at "a striaght line" and therewith could never end up at the point of orgin.



    Finally, NASA proves that earth is FLAT.
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    So what? Did Newton consider the Earth to be a flat body at rest? No, he considered the Earth to be a spherical body in motion.
    This would make 50% of the law of motion a lie. Nothing, no-(body) can ever find rest on a spinning earth, including earth itself.
    that's because nothing is EVER at rest, it's ALWAYS in motion.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  19. #18  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    The Earth is a spherical object, and that can be proven. Travel around the Earth in ANY straight line and you will end up RIGHT where you started, every time. That can't happen on a Flat Earth. Sorry, please try again.
    You are privileged Arcane_Mathematician in being corrected by The Professor.

    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."

    4:14 PM
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage630006/pg2
    The professor doesn't understand spherical geometry.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  20. #19  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    So what? Did Newton consider the Earth to be a flat body at rest? No, he considered the Earth to be a spherical body in motion.
    This would make 50% of the law of motion a lie. Nothing, no-(body) can ever find rest on a spinning earth, including earth itself.
    "that's because nothing is EVER at rest, it's ALWAYS in motion."
    This would make half of what Sir Isaac said wrong, half of your science is shot out the window with just this one statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    The Earth is a spherical object, and that can be proven. Travel around the Earth in ANY straight line and you will end up RIGHT where you started, every time. That can't happen on a Flat Earth. Sorry, please try again.
    You are privileged Arcane_Mathematician in being corrected by The Professor.

    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."

    4:14 PM
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage630006/pg2
    The professor doesn't understand spherical geometry.
    That's because all DATA concerning distances and measurements of round earth is BOGUS, all navigation is based on the FLAT earth MAP!

    The Professor understands, The Professor taught me everything.

    How could Alaska being the BIGGEST state and occupying more longitude/latitude area on a ROUND earth have a shorter width-span then Argentina?



    Alaska -- (Biggest State/USA)

    area - Total (1,717,854 km2) 663,268 sq mi

    - Width (1,300 km) 808 miles
    - Length (2,380 km) 1,479 miles
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska

    ....

    Argentina

    area - Total (2,780,403 km2) 1,078,757 sq mi

    - Width (1,384 km) 860 miles
    - Length (3,330 km) 2,070 miles[/color]
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argentina



    On a flat earth map the longitude/latitude widens for Argentina, explaining perfectly "why!"
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."
    Who said planes fly in a straight line?
    I did. They do. In terms of Spherical geometry, a form of non-Euclidean geometry, they most certainly do, and more specifically, the fly in a Great Circle type of straight line.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  22. #21  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    So what? Did Newton consider the Earth to be a flat body at rest? No, he considered the Earth to be a spherical body in motion.
    This would make 50% of the law of motion a lie. Nothing, no-(body) can ever find rest on a spinning earth, including earth itself.
    "that's because nothing is EVER at rest, it's ALWAYS in motion."
    This would make half of what Sir Isaac said wrong, half of your science is shot out the window with just this one statement.
    No, it doesn't, and no, Newton isn't wrong. This is all a thing of relativity, and if you want to discuss classical mechanics, go bother the physicists. They'll explain it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    The Earth is a spherical object, and that can be proven. Travel around the Earth in ANY straight line and you will end up RIGHT where you started, every time. That can't happen on a Flat Earth. Sorry, please try again.
    You are privileged Arcane_Mathematician in being corrected by The Professor.

    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."

    4:14 PM
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage630006/pg2
    The professor doesn't understand spherical geometry.
    That's because all DATA concerning distances and measurements of round earth is BOGUS, all navigation is based on the FLAT earth MAP!

    The Professor understands, The Professor taught me everything.
    no, navigation is based on a globular earth. Otherwise, to get to Alaska(Anchorage) from California(LAX) the shortest distance is over the pacific, when planes ALWAYS follow the Rocky Mountains. How do you explain that? Why would they fly in a curve?

    Another example. How did Magellan circumnavigate the planet if it's flat? Where's the Edge?
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  23. #22  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    No, it doesn't, and no, Newton isn't wrong. This is all a thing of relativity, and if you want to discuss classical mechanics, go bother the physicists. They'll explain it better.
    (No) is your answer!!! (No) doesn't prove anything!!!

    Knowing does...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    no, navigation is based on a globular earth. Otherwise, to get to Alaska(Anchorage) from California(LAX) the shortest distance is over the pacific, when planes ALWAYS follow the Rocky Mountains. How do you explain that? Why would they fly in a curve?
    You must address why Alaska being the BIGGEST state and occupying more longitude/latitude area on the alleged ROUND earth has a shorter width-span then Argentina?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Another example. How did Magellan circumnavigate the planet if it's flat? Where's the Edge?
    In the 1500's young explores set sail around the earth to prove that JESUS was right and the Greeks wrong, that the earth was indeed flat. Those sailors kept their compass pointing at the center of the Earth (magnetic) and traveled to the edge as far as possible that the ocean ice permitted, and all they saw was ice forming close to them as they traveled in a circle around the magnetic center of the flat Earth and documented that Ice on their maps. You will note something that is no longer printed. All the old maps have the South/North Ice Wall dispersed equally along the length of those maps. If the South Pole was truly Antarctica it would not have appeared so vast and wide, it would have been drawn like the rest of the continents.





    THE ICE WALL
    http://i23.tinypic.com/nwkp5t.jpg
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    You must address why Alaska being the BIGGEST state and occupying more longitude/latitude area on the alleged ROUND earth has a shorter width-span then Argentina?
    why must I address this? It's irrelevant. So what? Why is Russia so much larger than the United States?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Another example. How did Magellan circumnavigate the planet if it's flat? Where's the Edge?
    In the 1500's young explores set sail around the earth to prove that JESUS was right and the Greeks wrong, that the earth was indeed flat. Those sailors kept their compass pointing at the center of the Earth (magnetic) and traveled to the edge as far as possible that the ocean ice permitted, and all they saw was ice forming close to them as they traveled in a circle around the magnetic center of the flat Earth and documented that Ice on their maps. You will note something that is no longer printed. All the old maps have the South/North Ice Wall dispersed equally along the length of those maps. If the South Pole was truly Antarctica it would not have appeared so vast and wide, it would have been drawn like the rest of the continents.
    okay. What about the pictures from space of Antarctica?

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Antarctica.svg

    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  25. #24  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."
    Who said planes fly in a straight line?
    I did. They do. In terms of Spherical geometry, a form of non-Euclidean geometry, they most certainly do, and more specifically, the fly in a Great Circle type of straight line.
    Right, though in this instance spherical geometry will probably confuse the issue even further for our poor flat earther (though, as far as I know, spherical geometry in this instance will deal with only two dimensions like that of a "flat-lander" on the surface of a sphere, no?).
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    "In this very post an ill-informed soul thinks you can fly in a perfectly straight line and end up where you started; whereas those who have not fallen asleep in geometry class know that the further one proceeds along a perfectly straight line, the further one gets from the point of origin."
    Who said planes fly in a straight line?
    I did. They do. In terms of Spherical geometry, a form of non-Euclidean geometry, they most certainly do, and more specifically, the fly in a Great Circle type of straight line.
    Right, though in this instance spherical geometry will probably confuse the issue even further for our poor flat earther.
    Very possible, but I don't care. That's the way it is. and to use Euclidean geometry to talk about a sphere is silly.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  27. #26  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    and to use Euclidean geometry to talk about a sphere is silly.
    It is? A 3D Euclidean sphere is silly? (mind you, I know very little).
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    and to use Euclidean geometry to talk about a sphere is silly.
    It is? A 3D Euclidean sphere is silly? (mind you, I know very little).
    Overly complex. sphere's require odd parameters in Euclidean space. in terms of Euclidean (x,y,z) coordinates, it's messy to define a sphere, where is in Spherical coordinates it's very easy. and on the Earth, the surface is only 2-d, making it only instead of the messy (x,y,z)
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  29. #28  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    and to use Euclidean geometry to talk about a sphere is silly.
    It is? A 3D Euclidean sphere is silly? (mind you, I know very little).
    Overly complex. sphere's require odd parameters in Euclidean space. in terms of Euclidean (x,y,z) coordinates, it's messy to define a sphere, where is in Spherical coordinates it's very easy. and on the Earth, the surface is only 2-d, making it only instead of the messy (x,y,z)
    Ok cool. I read this bit on the Wiki page:

    In higher mathematics, a careful distinction is made between the surface of a sphere (referred to as a “sphere”), and the inside of a sphere (referred to as a “ball”). Thus, a sphere in three dimensions is considered to be a two-dimensional spherical surface embedded in three-dimensional Euclidean space, while a ball is a solid figure bounded by a sphere.
    , which also made it clearer.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  30. #29  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    Ha,Ha,Ha, computer generated photos aren't allowed in a real discussion. "You of all people should know that!"

    Find a picture that illustrates your position that is real. Like these pictures taken from the ISS.



     

  31. #30  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    I notice that some of the Flat Earth society websites are a parody - a kind of joke, and that makes me wonder how serious any of these guys really are. Is this society really just a parody like commentary on religion much in the same way that "Gulliver's Travels" was a parody commentary on English society and humanity? Or are these people just into their own fantasy reality like so many of the Trekkies.

    I would like to observe that this discussion does properly belong in the religion section because what we have here is an anti-science relgious group rather a topic for a serious scientific discussion. No what we have here is an observation of the religious nature of man and the extremes to which it can go, don't you think? I think it goes to show just how far people will go to reject science if they believe it is opposed to their religious views.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    the picture of antarctica is taken from a satellite. And, the pictures you post support my argument.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  33. #32  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    This photo of earth and moon by the voyager space craft got quite a good shot of Antartica.


    http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/pla...earth_moon.jpg

    [/img]


    Not that I expect that any evidence will convince our Flat earth friend.

    If one is willing to believe in massive conspiracies to fabricate evidence in opposition to ones beliefs then I don't see how such beliefs can ever change.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
     

  34. #33  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    the picture of antarctica is taken from a satellite. And, the pictures you post support my argument.
    THE ICE WALL
    http://i23.tinypic.com/nwkp5t.jpg
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    the picture of antarctica is taken from a satellite. And, the pictures you post support my argument.
    THE ICE WALL

    ummm... A continent that is composed primarily of ice having cliffs. not evidence of anything my friend.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  36. #35  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    This photo of earth and moon by the voyager space craft got quite a good shot of Antartica.


    http://nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov/image/pla...earth_moon.jpg

    [/img]
    Interesting piece of light display. The moon according to Peter-Pan science is also a sphere just like the earth, so then, "why doesn't the Moon in your photo not light up like the Earth?

    Why is the Moon lite-up in a crescent display and the Earth in a more then half display?

    The camera of Voyager is at the same angular position to both spheres!


    PHOTO-SHOP -- Can you say F A K E?
     

  37. #36  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    THE ICE WALL
    http://i23.tinypic.com/nwkp5t.jpg

    ummm... A continent that is composed primarily of ice having cliffs. not evidence of anything my friend.
    Again you forgot to demonstrate support to your claim. Make it fun, show some evidence to what you say!

    Look at the Ice Wall, look to the deepest part of the picture, all the way into the Horizon as far as your eyes can see, "there are no Mountains!" There is only ICE, nice and flat.
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

     

  39. #38  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Interesting piece of light display. The moon according to Peter-Pan science is also a sphere just like the earth, so then, "why doesn't the Moon in your photo not light up like the Earth?
    Because the earth really is that much brighter than the moon. Both are taken at a what is equivalent to a low exposure so the light does not wash out the details.

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Why is the Moon lite-up in a crescent display and the Earth in a more then half display?
    Because these are two different photographs side by side taken at different times but when the distance to each of them were about the same so that you could get an idea of the relative sizes.

    But of course this is all beside the point which is that we do have a photo of Antartica here. Can you spell "changing the subject"?

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    The camera of Voyager is at the same angular position to both spheres!
    That this is two photos side by side does not make them fake. But there is in fact no reason to take any photos seriously because they are after all, not the real thing themselves. I already said that I had no expectation of convincing you of anything, for I have absolutely no doubt that you can come up with a reason for rejecting any evidence that is presented to you.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
     

  40. #39  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    okay. How are these?
    Not good, not good at all... That looks like northwest territories of Canada



    If you click on the ICE WALL link and look to the deepest part of the picture, all the way into the Horizon as far as your eyes can see, "there are no Mountains!" There is only ICE, nice and flat.
     

  41. #40  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Interesting piece of light display. The moon according to Peter-Pan science is also a sphere just like the earth, so then, "why doesn't the Moon in your photo not light up like the Earth?
    Because the earth really is that much brighter than the moon. Both are taken at a what is equivalent to a low exposure so the light does not wash out the details.
    Ha,Ha,Ha, the earth isn't brighter then the Moon, but regardless, both are spheres, both at the same angle in relation to the Sun, both spheres would light-up equally even if you believe that one sphere has better reflective qualities it could only reflect the equal portion of the sphere that is lit.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Why is the Moon lite-up in a crescent display and the Earth in a more then half display?
    Because these are two different photographs side by side taken at different times but when the distance to each of them were about the same so that you could get an idea of the relative sizes.
    Two different photographs mean they are PHOTO-SHOP and not real... Thanks for clearly that up... Now stick to reality and we can probably get somewhere better then this science fiction we're living by believing their lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmckain
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    The camera of Voyager is at the same angular position to both spheres!
    That this is two photos side by side does not make them fake. But I already said that I had no expectation of convincing you of anything.
    It makes the Photo a superimposition, like this one.



    Mars is as real as Bigfoot, only because they are two photos side by side does not make them fake, "right?"
     

  42. #41  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    Ever heard of an ice shelf?

    Ice Shelf@Wikipedia

    Ross Ice Shelf@Wikipedia







    Let me guess: All fake too?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  43. #42  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    Ever heard of an ice shelf?

    http://www.swisseduc.ch/glaciers/glo.../ice-shelf.jpg

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/1/1a/20080823173842!Ross_Ice_Shelf_1997.jpg

    Let me guess: All fake too?
    Not at all, it confirms my position. These 2 pictures are the Ice Wall, that you call it the South Pole or Ice Shelf won't change the fact of the matter.
     

  44. #43  
    Moderator Moderator TheBiologista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,564
    Sorry Vin, but this is just crazy wishful thinking. I reckon your faith must be mighty weak if it all hinges on this.

    On the off chance that a live video might help convince your deluded mind, STS-127 is currently on the launch pad right now. Launch in about 5 minutes. Dunno if they'll show shots from the shuttle itself but if it does you'll get to see the curve of the Earth.

    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

    Edit: oops, launch is actually in 40 minutes or so!
     

  45. #44  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,231
    What happens when you walk onwards on the "Ice Wall" ? Do you fall off the other side? If this is for real, then you have gone even further than the infamous "archaeologist" as far as sheer unbelievably preposterous nonsense goes. What is the source of your picture by the way? Did the "professor" take it himself?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  46. #45  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Don't feed the trolls!

    There's a place for this guy anyway, theflatearthsociety.org
     

  47. #46  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Who wants to know?
    Posts
    589
    Is this VinDino11 guy Arch's kid or something?
     

  48. #47  
    Moderator Moderator TheBiologista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,564
    Quote Originally Posted by i_feel_tiredsleepy
    Don't feed the trolls!

    There's a place for this guy anyway, theflatearthsociety.org
    Pretty sure they're being satirical!

    I agree though, think we're giving Vin's posts more attention than they deserve. I mean, this is basically the internet equivalent of some guy screaming something about Jesus at a bin on a street corner. You wouldn't debate with that guy, so why try it here?
     

  49. #48  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    The Byzantine Empire run's 1000 kilometers across, but from where you can see the ISS to the ends of the earth (length-wise not width) runs more then ten thousand representing 90 degrees, 90 arcs, one/quarter of the earth's curvature.





    Earth's alleged spherical circumference is 40,000 kilometers. Making every arch of the 360 degree sphere at every 111.11 kilometers.

    You should see one degree, one arch for every 111.11 kilometers of those ten thousands kilometers.

    You should see a 90 degree bulge of the 360 degree earth. The above would represent one/quarter of the "alleged" round earth.


    40,000 ~ 360 = 111.11

    10,000 ~ 111.11 = 90 bulges/ arcs/ degrees. SCIENCE has failed -- JESUS was right & GOD Rules!!!!
    How the hell do you get this figure of 10,000 km? That picture is of Italy looking towards Greece (west). 10,000 km west of the tip of Italy's boot is Tokyo, Japan. Can you see Japan in that picture? I can't.

    Here, this might help. http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-go...calculator.htm

    By the way... are you Dabela from god like productions? Because if not, you're jacking all his best material.

    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage755264/pg1
    http://www.godlikeproductions.com/fo...sage751869/pg1
     

  50. #49  
    Moderator Moderator TheBiologista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,564
    So he got banned there and now he's brutally typing at us... super.
     

  51. #50  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    Sorry Vin, but this is just crazy wishful thinking. I reckon your faith must be mighty weak if it all hinges on this.
    On the contrary, my faith is particularly strong to have been able to achieve absolute Truth.

    The below diagram position of the earth in Vernal equinox (March) shows the sun would rise in the North-East and as the earth spins on her axis the sun would cross the sky diagonally (declining) to set South-West. On the September equinox (Autumn) although you only see the dark side of the earth the Tropic of Cancer is at the same angular incline on the day side, therewith, the sun would be rising in the South-East and crossing the sky diagonally (inclining) setting in the North-West.



    How could the Vernalís sun-path cross in an X-fashion with the Autumnís sun-path? How?
    Science has no concept of reality. If we were able to draw marking lines in the sky between the springís sun-path and the autumnís sun-path this would create an (X) formation. Science has many holes (0) in their theories.




    Quote Originally Posted by TheBiologista
    On the off chance that a live video might help convince your deluded mind, STS-127 is currently on the launch pad right now. Launch in about 5 minutes. Dunno if they'll show shots from the shuttle itself but if it does you'll get to see the curve of the Earth.

    http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

    Edit: oops, launch is actually in 40 minutes or so!
    The atmosphere is as flat as the earth beneath it, the space walk is exactly that, a walk in space, on the flat atmosphere.
     

  52. #51  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    What happens when you walk onwards on the "Ice Wall" ? Do you fall off the other side? If this is for real, then you have gone even further than the infamous "archaeologist" as far as sheer unbelievably preposterous nonsense goes. What is the source of your picture by the way? Did the "professor" take it himself?
    Wilbur Glenn Voliva (1870-1942) was the artist of the Flat earth map. Mr Voliva offered $5000 back in 1939 to anyone who could prove him wrong. The reward money was never claimed, even until today.

    http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2006/...th-is-a-globe/
     

  53. #52  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Wilbur Glenn Voliva (1870-1942) was the artist of the Flat earth map. Mr Voliva offered $5000 back in 1939 to anyone who could prove him wrong. The reward money was never claimed, even until today.

    That picture is hilarious! One question: If that's the sun's orbit, where does darkness come from?
     

  54. #53  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    The Byzantine Empire run's 1000 kilometers across, but from where you can see the ISS to the ends of the earth (length-wise not width) runs more then ten thousand representing 90 degrees, 90 arcs, one/quarter of the earth's curvature.



    Earth's alleged spherical circumference is 40,000 kilometers. Making every arch of the 360 degree sphere at every 111.11 kilometers.

    You should see one degree, one arch for every 111.11 kilometers of those ten thousands kilometers.

    You should see a 90 degree bulge of the 360 degree earth. The above would represent one/quarter of the "alleged" round earth.


    40,000 ~ 360 = 111.11

    10,000 ~ 111.11 = 90 bulges/ arcs/ degrees. SCIENCE has failed -- JESUS was right & GOD Rules!!!!
    How the hell do you get this figure of 10,000 km? That picture is of Italy looking towards Greece (west). 10,000 km west of the tip of Italy's boot is Tokyo, Japan. Can you see Japan in that picture? I can't. Here, this might help. http://www.daftlogic.com/projects-go...calculator.htm
    Oh dear, I can see how you became confused. Greece was a part of the Byzantine Empire (Romans). The Romans inherited all the Greek Gods. That territory (Byzantine Empire) runs a thousand kilometer width-wise, but from where you see the ISS to the ends of the earth (length-wise not width) runs more then ten thousand representing 90 degrees, 90 arcs, one/quarter of the earth's curvature.

    Click to enlarge the picture and then focus onto the extremities of the earth, you'll see, you'll see its still flat.
     

  55. #54  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Wilbur Glenn Voliva (1870-1942) was the artist of the Flat earth map. Mr Voliva offered $5000 back in 1939 to anyone who could prove him wrong. The reward money was never claimed, even until today.
    http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/...be/globe_0.jpg
    That picture is hilarious! One question: If that's the sun's orbit, where does darkness come from?
    Dark matter. The whole earth is spread out over the darkness. It is the greatest force of attraction, everyone gravitates towards it, its what causes gravity.
     

  56. #55  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Wilbur Glenn Voliva (1870-1942) was the artist of the Flat earth map. Mr Voliva offered $5000 back in 1939 to anyone who could prove him wrong. The reward money was never claimed, even until today.
    http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/...be/globe_0.jpg
    That picture is hilarious! One question: If that's the sun's orbit, where does darkness come from?
    Dark matter. The whole earth is spread out over the darkness. It is the greatest force of attraction, everyone gravitates towards it, its what causes gravity.
    LOL! Awesome. That would explain why I feel lighter at night. Dark matter is pulling me up!

    The more of your posts I read, the more I'm convinced that you are doing satire. I'm sure you'll deny it to the end, but in my opinion, you're doing an awesome job.
     

  57. #56  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard i_feel_tiredsleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,256
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Wilbur Glenn Voliva (1870-1942) was the artist of the Flat earth map. Mr Voliva offered $5000 back in 1939 to anyone who could prove him wrong. The reward money was never claimed, even until today.

    That picture is hilarious! One question: If that's the sun's orbit, where does darkness come from?
    The great irony of that post is that I went looked up the text of that article, and they are basically mocking Volliva's terms of the contest. Volliva was the head of an extremist fringe Catholic split off in the midwest, hardly someone you would go to for physical proof.
     

  58. #57  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,377
    Moderator Note: I'm moving this to Pseudoscience for now. Someone please give me an argument why it shouldn't be moved to the trash.

    Vindino, it would be helpful if you could summarize your premises in a single post such that I'm convinced you'll be a member we should hang on to.
     

  59. #58  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Dark matter. The whole earth is spread out over the darkness. It is the greatest force of attraction, everyone gravitates towards it, its what causes gravity.
    LOL! Awesome. That would explain why I feel lighter at night. Dark matter is pulling me up!
    Most people feel heavier and drowsier at night, time for sleep. Darkness weighs on most people, depression sets in if the sun is clouded over for too many days. And then on a sunny day (light) people are all happy walking about spring in their step.

    But this just applied to most people.
     

  60. #59  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinWalker
    Moderator Note: I'm moving this to Pseudoscience for now. Someone please give me an argument why it shouldn't be moved to the trash.

    Vindino, it would be helpful if you could summarize your premises in a single post such that I'm convinced you'll be a member we should hang on to.
    I will post more biblical verses provided the members come to the religion section of the Forum for spiritual discussion and not to preach their science.

    This thread belongs right here where it is, because this thread is about Religion and Science.
     

  61. #60  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard SkinWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Posts
    2,377
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDino11
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinWalker
    Moderator Note: I'm moving this to Pseudoscience for now. Someone please give me an argument why it shouldn't be moved to the trash.

    Vindino, it would be helpful if you could summarize your premises in a single post such that I'm convinced you'll be a member we should hang on to.
    I will post more biblical verses provided the members come to the religion section of the Forum for spiritual discussion and not to preach their science. This thread belongs right here where it is, because this thread is about Religion and Science.
    That's all I needed to know. I'm very sorry but this type of posting isn't permitted nor desired in our Scientific Study of Religion subforum. I'll be closing your thread now. Please review the sticky thread found in each forum, particularly in the Scientific Study of Religion and post according to those guidelines.

    Should you begin a thread and it disappears, I would caution you against creating a new one of the same topic/title, this will ultimately result in suspension of your account. If you have questions or concerns, please PM the moderator for that particular forum or one of the administrators (myself and (In)Sanity) or begin a thread outlining your concerns in the Site Feedback forum.

    This is a science forum and not a forum that is inviting to anti-science and unsupported spiritual claims. In other words, its a No Preaching Zone.

    Thank you for your cooperation and the time you took to read this.

    Happy posting.

    SkinWalker
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •