Notices
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF.

  1. #1 HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    For observers on the ground with eye-level at h = 5 ft 7 in (5.583 ft), the Horizon appears at a distance of 2.89 miles.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon

    Science says the Horizon is a curvature. "Did I lose you yet?"

    A curvature is an arch. "Did I lose you yet?"




    According to the source web page above, the Horizon would appear at a distance of 2.89 miles, on a Round Earth the observer would always be standing at the top center of an arch, so we must multiply that distance by 2 to get the full length of the arch. One degree of a circle is an arch.

    2.89 mi * 2 = 5.78 miles.

    This arch is 5.58 mi and represents 1 degree of the supposed Round Earth.
    Lets multiply the length of the arch by 360 to get the circumference of the Earth.

    5.78 mi * 360 = 2080.8 miles = circumference of the Earth = HAHAHA....ROTF...HAHAHA....LOL.....HAHAHA.


    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    This arch is 5.58 mi and represents 1 degree of the supposed Round Earth.
    Why?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    For observers on the ground with eye-level at h = 5 ft 7 in (5.583 ft), the Horizon appears at a distance of 2.89 miles.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horizon
    This approximation already implies that the Earth is a sphere. Your math really needs improvement.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Nobody can be this stupid and still be able to type on a computer. He must be trolling and I am getting sick of it.

    GO AWAY WANKER!
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    Nobody can be this stupid and still be able to type on a computer. He must be trolling and I am getting sick of it.
    Not too sick to hound me down on this side of the forum read my post and actually take even more time out of your pathetic life attempting to pass yourself off as being genuinely searching the truth, HA HA, ok troll, here you go, this is my thread I'll feed you, no-one starves on my thread.....
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    This arch is 5.58 mi and represents 1 degree of the supposed Round Earth.
    Why?
    Science says that's where it curves!!!!!

    That same science defines it as the Horizon!!!!!

    The curve is the arch, "you do realize that a sphere has arch's? 360 to be exact.

    Maybe you should get acquainted with this site.


    http://www.share2learn.com/studentworkk4.html
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    so which one is your work ? the one with the 10 little piggies ?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    so which one is your work ? the one with the 10 little piggies ?
    No my poor delusional flunky, my work is the O-P the one you responded too. No-one could be more confused then you. And who can blame you. With the Earth spinning round & round in your mind "is it any wonder that you're dizzy!"
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Ph.D. Leszek Luchowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gliwice, Poland
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    This arch is 5.58 mi and represents 1 degree
    You are another victim of the "degree" delusion. University professors have introduced the "degree" as a supposedly unit angle, so the "degrees" they give to students at the end of the curriculum can be seen as somehow related to science.

    Don't let them fool you. The true unit angle is a grad, and the circumference of a circle has 400 of them. An arch is, by definition, 1/1760 of a grad, which means the equator has 704000 arches.

    This, of course, is only an approximation, assuming that the equator is entirely on land, and therefore measured in statutory grads and arches. As a large part of the equator is actually on the ocean, I should also take into account nautical grads and arches. I will let you do that as your homework. A full circle has 300 nautical grads, and one nautical grad has 1525 nautical arches (another piece of information the universities are hiding).
    Leszek. Pronounced [LEH-sheck]. The wondering Slav.
    History teaches us that we don't learn from history.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Luchowski
    You are another victim of the "degree" delusion. University professors have introduced the "degree" as a supposedly unit angle, so the "degrees" they give to students at the end of the curriculum can be seen as somehow related to science.

    Don't let them fool you. The true unit angle is a grad, and the circumference of a circle has 400 of them. An arch is, by definition, 1/1760 of a grad, which means the equator has 704000 arches.

    This, of course, is only an approximation, assuming that the equator is entirely on land, and therefore measured in statutory grads and arches. As a large part of the equator is actually on the ocean, I should also take into account nautical grads and arches. I will let you do that as your homework. A full circle has 300 nautical grads, and one nautical grad has 1525 nautical arches (another piece of information the universities are hiding).
    Ahhhh, here lies the inner turmoil of science. A constant conflict within itself. I actually enjoy watching how they present one scientific fact that contradicts another of their scientific facts, kinda like the bible, HA HA. But alas like all religions and cults it is you who will have to decide what facts you will refute as falsehoods and which of theirs you should accept as truth such as their scientific fact & formula in the opening post.

    Adieu my friend, good-bye mon amie!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Ph.D. Leszek Luchowski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Gliwice, Poland
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Luchowski
    You are another victim of the "degree" delusion. University professors have introduced the "degree" as a supposedly unit angle, so the "degrees" they give to students at the end of the curriculum can be seen as somehow related to science.

    Don't let them fool you. The true unit angle is a grad,
    Ahhhh, here lies the inner turmoil of science. A constant conflict within itself. I actually enjoy watching how they present one scientific fact that contradicts another of their scientific facts, kinda like the bible, HA HA.
    As a matter of fact, I wrote the most monstrous garbage I could think of. You took it at face value, and you enjoyed learning it. But whenever somebody posts genuine scientific information, you yell at them and call them fools.

    Case proven. You will believe anything as long as it does not make any sense, Newcastle.

    Bądź zdrów, koleś.
    Leszek. Pronounced [LEH-sheck]. The wondering Slav.
    History teaches us that we don't learn from history.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Luchowski

    As a matter of fact, I wrote the most preposterous nonsense I could think of. You took it at face value, and you enjoyed learning it. But whenever somebody posts genuine scientific information, you yell at them and call them fools.

    ==============

    As a matter of fact, I wrote the most monstrous garbage I could think of. You took it at face value, and you enjoyed learning it. But whenever somebody posts genuine scientific information, you yell at them and call them fools.

    Case proven. You will believe anything as long as it does not make any sense, Newcastle.

    Bądź zdrów, koleś.
    I'm afraid your delusion has evolved into psychosis, in any case, a grad is a metric unit of measurement and although your psychosis allowed you to understand it erroneously you will continue to believe that which you always have, a lie. My post, the O-P, has nothing but their science in defining the Horizon with a formula no less, any other scientific fact presented in rebuttal is a contradiction, whether it be interpreted correctly or not, for they would be wrong in any interpretation.

    Thank-You. And come again!!!!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Luchowski
    As a matter of fact, I wrote the most monstrous garbage I could think of. You took it at face value, and you enjoyed learning it. But whenever somebody posts genuine scientific information, you yell at them and call them fools.
    Oh and by the way, you just labeled your self a Troll.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Luchowski
    As a matter of fact, I wrote the most monstrous garbage I could think of. You took it at face value, and you enjoyed learning it. But whenever somebody posts genuine scientific information, you yell at them and call them fools.
    Oh and by the way, you just labeled your self a Troll.
    it takes one to know one
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Leszek Luchowski
    As a matter of fact, I wrote the most monstrous garbage I could think of. You took it at face value, and you enjoyed learning it. But whenever somebody posts genuine scientific information, you yell at them and call them fools.
    Oh and by the way, you just labeled your self a Troll.
    it takes one to know one
    You just confirmed he's a Troll like you, well done & thank-you!!!!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,810
    i'll let my grandson do the talking :



    i suppose that's more on your level ?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    This arch is 5.58 mi and represents 1 degree of the supposed Round Earth.
    Why?
    Science says that's where it curves!!!!!

    That same science defines it as the Horizon!!!!!

    The curve is the arch, "you do realize that a sphere has arch's? 360 to be exact.

    Maybe you should get acquainted with this site.


    http://www.share2learn.com/studentworkk4.html
    I was just asking, why this arc should represent one degree?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    This arch is 5.58 mi and represents 1 degree of the supposed Round Earth.
    Why?
    Science says that's where it curves!!!!!

    That same science defines it as the Horizon!!!!!

    The curve is the arch, "you do realize that a sphere has arch's? 360 to be exact.

    Maybe you should get acquainted with this site.


    http://www.share2learn.com/studentworkk4.html
    I was just asking, why this arc should represent one degree?
    You must be feeling suicidal today sticking your neck out like that just waiting for me to cut it off for all to see.

    You bend any straight line in the middle by one degree you create an arch and no matter how long that arch is or short, put 360 together and you have a circle or a sphere. But the point being is if that arch was long enough for you to lie down level and parallel to it, that one degree would be enough for you not to be able to see the second degree, thus creating the Horizon.

    Confess that science lies, confess sinner!!!!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    174
    The earth is not perfectly circle. It is spherical.

    But what the heck, we are discussing with newcastle. No point explaining. He is locked into that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolEJ
    The earth is not perfectly circle. It is spherical.

    But what the heck, we are discussing with newcastle. No point explaining. He is locked into that.
    Cool, please, just try to think. Force yourself alittle, it will probably feel kinda weird at first and chances are the Power that be will allow you for not more then just awhile. Look at your response, you said its spherical, that's sphere like, or being round. And if you look at the bogus pictures Apollo 11 took from the Moon, you'll see the Earth is relatively a perfect sphere.

    http://thefulcrum.blogspot.com/Apollo-11.jpg

    Try Cool, just try to think, force yourself, just try that's all I ask.
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle
    The curve is the arch, "you do realize that a sphere has arch's? 360 to be exact.
    Look at your own image man. You will see that the two tangent points of the local horizon do NOT produce an arc of 1 degree. It looks more like 60 degrees to me. The angle that is subtended by the tangent points to the local horizon strongly depend on the ratio of the hight of the observer above the surface and the radius of the sphere.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,245
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23 Re: HORIZON (CURVATURE) DEBUNKED > FLAT EARTH PROOF. 
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Dishmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by newcastle

    The curve is the arch, "you do realize that a sphere has arch's? 360 to be exact.
    Look at your own image man. You will see that the two tangent points of the local horizon do NOT produce an arc of 1 degree. It looks more like 60 degrees to me. The angle that is subtended by the tangent points to the local horizon strongly depend on the ratio of the hight of the observer above the surface and the radius of the sphere.
    Your not thinking Dishmaster, its like everyone on this forum has their brains connected to the same Power. Think man, 'wiki' obviously made that diagram more pronounced so that defining and understanding the Horizon would be made easy. If as you say the actual Horizon we see is more then one degree that being said would make the round Earth even smaller and in support of my argument.

    Where are the intelligent people?

    Is there anyone out there who can think on their own?
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Junior Zitterbewegung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    217
    @Kalster

    Well put

    @Dishmaster

    Lass gut sein, der Typ hat ein Ei am wandern............nicht auch noch füttern, der geht schon wieder weg. Is wie mit 'nem Pickel. Nich' d'ran packen, datt heilt schneller
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitterbewegung
    @Kalster

    Well put

    @Dishmaster

    Lass gut sein, der Typ hat ein Ei am wandern............nicht auch noch füttern, der geht schon wieder weg. Is wie mit 'nem Pickel. Nich' d'ran packen, datt heilt schneller
    Yeah!!! Kalster put it right to you?

    Oh, and leave Dish alone with your broken german, he's confused as it is, poor guy!
    HOUSE OF THE GREAT KING.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Zitterbewegung
    @Dishmaster

    Lass gut sein, der Typ hat ein Ei am wandern............nicht auch noch füttern, der geht schon wieder weg. Is wie mit 'nem Pickel. Nich' d'ran packen, datt heilt schneller
    Stimmt wohl. Ich find es einfach nur erschreckend, was es für Schwachköppe gibt, und die auch noch denken, sie hätten die Weisheit mit dem Löffel gefuttert. Ich bin dann mal weg.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    37
    i'm a little confused...

    what was your goal in posting this

    because i dont think it was to prove that the earth is flat
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    63
    Nie behaupten, mit einem Idioten, die gerade nicht in der Lage zu sagen, der Unterschied
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Moderator Moderator Dishmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Posts
    1,624
    Come again? Trying to write German? Neat but unsuccessful.

    Ein Satz mit X, wahr wohl nix!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •