Notices
Results 1 to 37 of 37

Thread: American politics, Accidental Chaos, or Brilliance

  1. #1 American politics, Accidental Chaos, or Brilliance 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    I first would like to say I have no strong political view, I'm just glad that both sides even each others radical views out. To this point has no one noticed this trend, it seems one of the sides will have a view for you, or more importantly a view for you to be against. Is there truly a 50 50 divide splitting the entire country to the point of hair close races? I find that to be nearly impossible, more likely both wings fly one bird, ridiculous statements and actions at specific times and places are sophisticated actions of a science. The current system has guaranteed the result and overcame the impossibility of controlling and predicting peoples actions on election day. One common view in action, connecting to the masses through discontent. Clearly the liberal movement of today is in complete control of the media to the point of complete cringe, yet the Republicans are in the whitehouse, a whiplash or an attempt to get more people on board to the joined party government. The racists and minority's cheering the same system from opposite sides of the room. These people are specifically targeted because they hold the biggest threat to a new system or power getting into office one day. To make it simple I'm not going to tell you which side will win the next election but I guarantee it will be a Republican or a Democrat.

    And for the note as a neutral I am going to vote for Donald Trump without question if democrats try to make that radical old man Bernie Sanders my president. I have never heard him make a single intelligent statement, he 100% is a angry radical, he plays multiple sides mostly to empower the poor or go after the "1%" but in this system money is power, I am 100% sure if he gets in there .2% of that 1% will become a whole lot more powerful because he already has targeted individual industry's and corporations and Hillary was doing the same thing. I retract my former statement if my first paragraph had any truth than the most likely scenario is a Democratic candidate winning and you will see more of the same radical statements as the powers use their republican loosened regulations and this new democratic socialistic power to eliminate competition and continue to grow while both sides of the room point their fingers to an empty middle. But it works, wrong or right, life won't change drastically for an average citizen, I just wish they could be real sometimes for the people who see the bs to know there is some kind of forward direction we are moving toward, and if there is not I don't know what we need them for and maybe it really is time for a system change because the shit today is just plain ignorant and a wasteful circle.

    That was a fun write but don't play to much into it, just an idea.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Someones been drinking a little too much of the fox KoolAide


    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Samurai of Logic Falconer360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Washington
    Posts
    946
    Were you drunk when you posted this? Seems like a lot of contradictions in there. One minute you're claiming to be neutral, then you just criticize Liberals/Democrats. You also seem to have bought into Trump and Faux "News" lies about the media being entirely liberal.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson

    "It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down"
    - Yagyu Munenori

    "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    I agree the post is crap. I tried to express an idea as a neutral but clearly couldn't get past my own bias. However I saw clearly the medias bias long before trump made the statement a form of political bias. I do not think this is so much about government interferences and more about the fact that the medias studios and production come from city's of strong liberal views and liberal beneficiary's.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Liberal compaied to whom though, that is the main question. And qhat specificnetworks are you accusing. Ps Trump is habitual and notorious for balatantly lying, so I dont think hes a good spurce to use on this.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    -Liberal compared to whom- wow that was a really good statement paleoichneum thumbs up for that. I will write a more detailed reply based specially on the networks and their political tendencies.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    One quick statement though the Democratic movement today is being liberal of the democrats of the last 40years.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    That actually makes no sense, on a whole American politics has moved further and futher RIGHT over the last 50 years

    I guess a good starting point is asking why you feel liberal ideas are bad.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    What I meant was the Democratic movement today has disregarded the traditional values of the democrats of the last 40years. I can't say if the new movement is "a bad idea" but since it hit mainstream view violent actions, racism, and inequality has risen not fallen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    "Traditional values" like what?

    Also i will note the racisim hate speech and inequality have risen not because of liberals
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    Unbiased equality, religious freedom, political freedom, and the over all mind set that we were for the people not just our supporters. No matter what I say its going to come off as ignorance to you. And I really don't see any point continuing this conversation. Go on national media and say you support the the Republican party or are a Christian and see the response you get.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Can you cite your source that its that's a "liberal" problem and not a douche bags of any flavor problem.

    I can counter by asking you to go on national media and say your a trans man and see what the right leaning news spurces do. ( see chastity bono for a prime example)
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    I can counter you with just because right wing people offend doesn't make it right for Democrat s to. That was once a powerful statement.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    Can't find a proper example delete the post.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Netaniel View Post
    I can counter you with just because right wing people offend doesn't make it right for Democrat s to. That was once a powerful statement.
    I would also say that with a small minority exception, liberals Dont do what you say as a whole, but rather as a whole arent letting religion or old white men make the rules anymore.

    Eg just because certain sects of chistianity think being gay is an abomonation doesnt give them the right to say I cant get married to a man I choose.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    I agree it doesn't give them the right. But that isn't the view of old whitemen or christians as a whole.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    This is more a religious statement but although mainstream religion adopted those common views, to be a Christian is to follow Christ or the teachings of Jesus, the eleventh commandment was "love each other" not marry a woman and live the american dream. To classify all Christians and old white men as anti gay and prejudice is not much different than your version of me in classifying all liberals as hateful antichristians.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    I caught the certain sects part too late. Although, if Christians and old white men are held accountable as whole for certain sects, why shouldn't the liberal movement as a whole to be held accountable for the exception you mentioned. I don't think they should but using that logic.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Because I specifically noted it wasnt all christians only certain ones. And no its not all old white men, but it is a statistically notable percentage of old white men.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    And also because as a whole they are major portions of the Republican mainstream platform still
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    I will agree with you, that view has no place in government. But nor does politics have any right spreading those statically percentages for old white men. To think backing people into corners and classifying them doesn't spread racism, violence, and inequality is wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    It feels like it went from a goal towards equality to a angry vendetta.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    There are stats for old white men that don't like gay people, is there a stat on liberals who don't like old white men or Christians?
    Last edited by Netaniel; June 7th, 2019 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Added Christians
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    No there isnt a stat for that because "liberal" isnt a definable thing. And liberals dont hate old men as a rule anyways. But people do get annoyed when they say they know more about women's reproduction rights then the women themselves.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    Yeah I agree with that to. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a party with proper social polices and responsible conservative economics. Its like both things the country needs only split between two extremes one way or the other.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    Luckily we get influence by both every 4 to 8 years.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Junior anticorncob28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nebraska, USA
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by Netaniel View Post
    Yeah I agree with that to. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a party with proper social polices and responsible conservative economics. Its like both things the country needs only split between two extremes one way or the other.
    If that's how you feel, you should vote libertarian. Or for Republicans who are more socially liberal, if one is available.
    "A 4 degree Celsius warmer world can, and must be, avoided"
    -Jim Young Kim (World Bank President)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    You can just feel the tensions by both sides though, see this trend even smart educated people think just because you criticise a candidate your ignorant and prejudice. Both sides are guilty of starting this but I don't know if it can be fixed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    And truth is every vote that is going to count comes down to 2 maybe 3 choices all three will be backed so strong by the most angry of the party's civilians. Because both sides are playing that card and those are the people who care the most.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    I'm going to wrap this up, and grant you this view is radical in its own right, but based on the current economical trends it is not impossible that money is manipulating social policies for gain.

    The first reply was "fox news koolaide" be careful because you can be fed the same prejudice shit from different outlets.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    One political view of mine I do want to share, on abortion, Although I absolutely do think that women should not have to have a baby simply because they get pregnant it would be nice if they could understand if they are not on birth control and are sexually active there is a chance they could get pregnant. And to plan ahead and watch for signs make the planned parenthood movement a educated decision it would be much more socially accepted if there was not stories of late abortions floating around. Because I also can understand the side that can't see the difference between killing and throwing a premature baby in a dumpster outside or going to the doctor to surgically kill the same premature baby. One gets charged with horrendous murder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Late term abortions for the sake of having an abortion are the smallest percentage of abortions so the horror of viable babies being killed is scaremongering
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    Well I'm glad to hear that. Although to be the smallest percentage is still to say it happens.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Netaniel View Post
    ...percentage is still to say it happens.
    Point? its less than 2 percent of abortions. And as I noted the majority of them are medically necessary to save the life of the mother, are you saying you would rather they both die?
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    Late term abortions for the sake of having an abortion are the smallest percentage of abortions so the horror of viable babies being killed is scaremongering
    late term for the sake of having an abortion is what you said, how exactly can you twist that to me saying I think both a mother an baby should die.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Time Lord Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    5,119
    Show me that late term abortion to have an abortion is a MAJOR PERCENTAGE of abortions. Ive already pointed out they are the smallest percentage of the smallest percentage of abortions. Right now its being touted by certain groups at the largest, which is utter bs
    Last edited by Paleoichneum; June 10th, 2019 at 10:32 PM.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    2,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Netaniel View Post
    One political view of mine I do want to share, on abortion, Although I absolutely do think that women should not have to have a baby simply because they get pregnant it would be nice if they could understand if they are not on birth control and are sexually active there is a chance they could get pregnant.
    Agreed. Solution - easily available birth control and sex education for women. (for everyone actually.)
    And to plan ahead and watch for signs make the planned parenthood movement a educated decision it would be much more socially accepted if there was not stories of late abortions floating around.
    Those stories are floating around because the right wing tells them every chance they get. To listen to pro-life activists, every abortion takes place at 8 1/2 months, performed on an irresponsible woman on welfare who would otherwise have had a healthy baby. Even though they are vanishingly rare.
    Because I also can understand the side that can't see the difference between killing and throwing a premature baby in a dumpster outside or going to the doctor to surgically kill the same premature baby.
    In both cases, if the baby was going to die right after birth anyway, neither is a crime. However, forcing the woman to have the baby might just kill her.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Chaos Game
    By Pulse in forum Mathematics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: November 20th, 2013, 10:57 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 10th, 2012, 12:12 PM
  3. Chaos and CAS
    By dedo in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: December 4th, 2011, 08:42 AM
  4. Accidental release of a pressurized gas
    By mbeychok in forum Mechanical, Structural and Chemical Engineering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 10th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •