Notices
Results 1 to 76 of 76

Thread: Climate Change DEBUNKED as the liberal hoax it is

  1. #1 Climate Change DEBUNKED as the liberal hoax it is 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    ..

    Just to add to this poster, did you happen to read the November 25, 2013 Canadian weekly magazine Macleans cover story? Adds more fuel to the climate alarmist fire..

    And just so you don't think I'm scared of any of you, here is the link to my forum and my turf.
    http://www.politifake.org/comments/60558

    As you can see on a fair forum and a fair place, my views are respected and treated fairly. There is a reason you liberals stick to a safe place like this. You wouldn't survive five seconds there in a fair debate. My moderator (who is a good guy) wouldn't stand for it. So you are wise to stay away.Have fun with your hoax.


     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Anti-Crank AlexG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,810
    Wasn't this hemorrhoid treated already?



    Its the way nature is!
    If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
    To another universe, where the rules are simpler
    Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
    Prof Richard Feynman (1979) .....

    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!"
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,972
    Trash can, here we come!
     

  5. #4  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,691
    I can see why that forum is called Politifake: it makes shit up and tries to pass it off as real.

    1) The snail wasn't declared extinct due to "climate change" (in the sense of GW). The paper quite clearly states that the "extinction" was due to regional changes in rainfall pattern. (Which was directly measured).
    2) That same paper also notes that no specimens had been found despite extensive searches (i.e. it wasn't a case of "we can't see them, they must be dead") and that, therefore that snail may be considered extinct.
    3) It also states: This may be one of the few cases of extinction that ... may plausibly result from the direct impacts of climate on survival.

    In other words that poster, and presumably everyone who pushes it, ignores what was actually said and constructs a strawman in order to "prove" its case.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  6. #5  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post

    Just to add to this poster, did you happen to read the November 25, 2013 Canadian weekly magazine Macleans cover story? Adds more fuel to the climate alarmist fire..
    No, I didn't read it. I don't get my science from popular magazines, even when they are Canadian. If you think it is relevant perhaps you will share with us some links to the peer reviewed research on which it is based.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    And just so you don't think I'm scared of any of you, here is the link to my forum and my turf.
    Why would anyone think you would be scared of any of us? I mean if you had some mental condition, I can imagine that might be the case, but on an internet forum, where you are posting anonymously, what possible reason could there be for you to be scared? That's not a rhetorical question, I really would like to know your thinking on that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    As you can see on a fair forum and a fair place, my views are respected and treated fairly.
    I cannot and do not speak for the other members, but I do not approve of fairness. I approve of honesty, objectivity, openness, directness, sketicism, consistency and a host of other traits. Fairness, in practice, often appears to give equal time to unequal views. That is not, in my view, a good thing.

    Your post suggests that you define fairness as anything that leads to your views being accorded respect. Did I get that right? If not, would you defined fairness?

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    There is a reason you liberals stick to a safe place like this.
    Harold, come quick. She called you a liberal! I didn't get here in time to stop her. So sorry.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    You wouldn't survive five seconds there in a fair debate.
    So, you view this as a battle? You want to stomp on the nasty liberals for lying? Could you remind me again why objective science is on the side of the unfair liberals and the thoughtful conservatives. I missed that part.


    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    My moderator (who is a good guy) wouldn't stand for it.
    Value judgement and therefore irrelevant.



    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    So you are wise to stay away.
    I am probably wise to stay away, but not for the reasons you suggest.


    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    Have fun with your hoax.
    I sincerely hope that you are old and have no children, so that neither you, nor anyone you care for has to live through the consequences of your attachment to fairness.


    And even if I take a fairer view of what might be meant by fair, let me ask you this. I just read the Duck's contribution. Is it fair that you post lies on the internet? Will you now, either demonstrate that the Duck is mistaken or fairly acknowledge that you were mistaken in this specific claim?
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    Just to add to this poster, did you happen to read the November 25, 2013 Canadian weekly magazine Macleans cover story? Adds more fuel to the climate alarmist fire..
    No, I didn't read it. I don't get my science from popular magazines, even when they are Canadian. If you think it is relevant perhaps you will share with us some links to the peer reviewed research on which it is based.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    And just so you don't think I'm scared of any of you, here is the link to my forum and my turf.
    Why would anyone think you would be scared of any of us? I mean if you had some mental condition, I can imagine that might be the case, but on an internet forum, where you are posting anonymously, what possible reason could there be for you to be scared? That's not a rhetorical question, I really would like to know your thinking on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    As you can see on a fair forum and a fair place, my views are respected and treated fairly.
    I cannot and do not speak for the other members, but I do not approve of fairness. I approve of honesty, objectivity, openness, directness, sketicism, consistency and a host of other traits. Fairness, in practice, often appears to give equal time to unequal views. That is not, in my view, a good thing.Your post suggests that you define fairness as anything that leads to your views being accorded respect. Did I get that right? If not, would you defined fairness?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    There is a reason you liberals stick to a safe place like this.
    Harold, come quick. She called you a liberal! I didn't get here in time to stop her. So sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    You wouldn't survive five seconds there in a fair debate.
    So, you view this as a battle? You want to stomp on the nasty liberals for lying? Could you remind me again why objective science is on the side of the unfair liberals and the thoughtful conservatives. I missed that part.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    My moderator (who is a good guy) wouldn't stand for it.
    Value judgement and therefore irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    So you are wise to stay away.
    I am probably wise to stay away, but not for the reasons you suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    Have fun with your hoax.
    I sincerely hope that you are old and have no children, so that neither you, nor anyone you care for has to live through the consequences of your attachment to fairness.And even if I take a fairer view of what might be meant by fair, let me ask you this. I just read the Duck's contribution. Is it fair that you post lies on the internet? Will you now, either demonstrate that the Duck is mistaken or fairly acknowledge that you were mistaken in this specific claim?
    Other than a picture of your panties all wadded up or tears streaming down your face, you haven't said anything worth even reading. Did anyone ever tell you that you and your pals are a one trick pony? You and your friends post the same crybaby craps over and over, never anything new, never anything that refutes what obviously makes you get angry and cry. Why don't you just wipe the tears off, put on your big girl panties, and post something that refutes my postings, or at leave your angry outbursts at the door and engage in adult discussion? You might find that people are more receptive to intelligent postings rather than the 3rd grade attack postings that you and your 3 buddies are lamely attempting. But, having said that, at least your buddies are humorous with their childish trolling.This poster tried to prove that despite all the anti-conservative hatemongering and blustering of the left-wing, they still cannot prove anything except they hate conservatives. And from the responses this poster got from the left, it was an epic success. The only thing this poster says is that a snail, thought to be wiped out by climate change, is actually alive. The fact you left-wing lunatics are having a conniption fit over the fact that this snail is alive is hilarious. Why do you lefties hate snails? Now that I demonstrated that the Dick is mistaken will YOU fairly acknowledge that you were mistaken in this specific claim?
     

  8. #7  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,691
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    The only thing this poster says is that a snail, thought to be wiped out by climate change, is actually alive.
    That would be an outright lie.
    The poster quite clearly states that the extinction was claimed (in a peer-reviewed paper) to be directly attributable to climate change.
    Which isn't the case, or even close to it.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  9. #8  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    I don't understand Emma. She posts blatant lies and misinformation with the intent of demonstrating the lies and misinformation behind climate science. Then, she goes on angry tirades about how "our side" can't come up with a cogent argument and just resorts to crybaby tactics. She is doing everything she claims to hate so much. Am I right in assuming she isn't worth responding to in any meaningful way? I think there are actually some interesting points to be made, but I feel like they'd be wasted (like Duck's first response apparently was as it has yet to receive an equally intelligent reply).
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I don't understand Emma. She posts blatant lies and misinformation with the intent of demonstrating the lies and misinformation behind climate science.
    What don't you understand? She posts to elicit angry responses; she enjoys seeing them, and enjoys the attention such responses bring. There are lots of people like her on the Internet.
     

  11. #10  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by billvon View Post
    What don't you understand? She posts to elicit angry responses; she enjoys seeing them, and enjoys the attention such responses bring. There are lots of people like her on the Internet.
    There's a name for those kinds of people.
    Now - what was it again....something beginning with 'T'....
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  12. #11  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Emma, you posted a silly OP. I offered a thoughtful response as a member.

    Your response to that was rude, inaccurate and provocative. I offer you a thoughtful response as a moderator. When you return from your one week ban you will conduct yourself in a seemly fashion, or you will be gone permanently.
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    Other than a picture of your panties all wadded up or tears streaming down your face, you haven't said anything worth even reading. Did anyone ever tell you that you and your pals are a one trick pony? You and your friends post the same crybaby craps over and over, never anything new, never anything that refutes what obviously makes you get angry and cry. Why don't you just wipe the tears off, put on your big girl panties, and post something that refutes my postings, or at leave your angry outbursts at the door and engage in adult discussion? You might find that people are more receptive to intelligent postings rather than the 3rd grade attack postings that you and your 3 buddies are lamely attempting. But, having said that, at least your buddies are humorous with their childish trolling.This poster tried to prove that despite all the anti-conservative hatemongering and blustering of the left-wing, they still cannot prove anything except they hate conservatives. And from the responses this poster got from the left, it was an epic success. The only thing this poster says is that a snail, thought to be wiped out by climate change, is actually alive. The fact you left-wing lunatics are having a conniption fit over the fact that this snail is alive is hilarious. Why do you lefties hate snails? Now that I demonstrated that the Dick is mistaken will YOU fairly acknowledge that you were mistaken in this specific claim?
    LOL. This is hilarious. Emma perfectly portrays the level of intellect of anti-climate change conspiracy theorists. Posting a Facebook meme seems to show the high quality of "research" Emma has done on the subject.
     

  14. #13  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by billvon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I don't understand Emma. She posts blatant lies and misinformation with the intent of demonstrating the lies and misinformation behind climate science.
    What don't you understand? She posts to elicit angry responses; she enjoys seeing them, and enjoys the attention such responses bring. There are lots of people like her on the Internet.
    I suppose. I just can't understand how someone can be so oblivious to their own bad behavior and disruptive presence. How do people like this get by in the world?
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    89
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billvon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    I don't understand Emma. She posts blatant lies and misinformation with the intent of demonstrating the lies and misinformation behind climate science.
    What don't you understand? She posts to elicit angry responses; she enjoys seeing them, and enjoys the attention such responses bring. There are lots of people like her on the Internet.
    I suppose. I just can't understand how someone can be so oblivious to their own bad behavior and disruptive presence. How do people like this get by in the world?
    I agree. How can someone post:
    "Other than a picture of your panties all wadded up or tears streaming down your face, you haven't said anything worth even reading. Did anyone ever tell you that you and your pals are a one trick pony? You and your friends post the same crybaby craps over and over, never anything new, never anything that refutes what obviously makes you get angry and cry. Why don't you just wipe the tears off, put on your big girl panties, and post something that refutes my postings, or at leave your angry outbursts at the door and engage in adult discussion?"

    And then in the next sentence post:
    "You might find that people are more receptive to intelligent postings rather than the 3rd grade attack postings ..."

    It's funny because Dywyddyr did a good job in refuting the obviously misleading original post but Emma had not one semi-intelligent thing to refute it.
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    89
    I just found something that is so funny that you guys need to see. If you google Emma's name, you find all the other places this guy posts at. Emma calls us "one trick pon(ies)" and yet you can find almost every single sentence from Emma has been copied and pasted from here: 'Extinct' Snail Killed by 'Climate Change' Crawls Back from the Dead politics Comments

    Go about 1/3 of the way down and you see these comments on there:
    EmmaRoydes - September 11, 2014, 9:41 pm, #70775
    Other than a picture of your panties all wadded up or tears streaming down your face, you haven't said anything worth even reading

    EmmaRoydes - September 11, 2014, 9:48 pm, #70776
    Did anyone ever tell you that you are a one trick pony? You post the same crybaby craps over and over, never anything new, never anything that refutes what obviously makes you get angry and cry. Why don't you just wipe the tears off, put on your big girl

    EmmaRoydes - September 11, 2014, 9:49 pm, #70777
    Panties, and post something that refutes my postings, or at leave your angry outbursts at the door and engage in adult discussion?

    EmmaRoydes - September 11, 2014, 9:53 pm, #70778
    You might find that people are more receptive to intelligent postings rather than the 3rd grade attack postings that you and your 3 buddies are lamely attempting. But, having said that, at least your buddies are humorous with their childish trolling




     

  17. #16  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by ReligionOfTheSemites View Post
    I just found something that is so funny that you guys need to see. If you google Emma's name, you find all the other places this guy posts at. Emma calls us "one trick pon(ies)" and yet you can find almost every single sentence from Emma has been copied and pasted from here: 'Extinct' Snail Killed by 'Climate Change' Crawls Back from the Dead politics Comments
    He has done that before:
    Why can't liberals here admit they are wrong? Science is not infallible.
    And that thread ended with this bit of grovelling misdirection: "I just came here to say sorry! Seriously. I shouldn't have come here and acted the way I did."

    I think he's just a troll looking to advertise his own forum.
    I am not sure how he has managed to avoid being perma-banned.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  18. #17  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    I think he's just a troll looking to advertise his own forum.
    I am not sure how he has managed to avoid being perma-banned.
    Because, contrary to the claims (s)he makes, we are ready to listen to opposing views. But not opposing bullshit, or kindergarten insults.

    Prediction: She will return; she will be deliberately provocative with the intent of being permanently banned; she will be permanently banned; she will use this as evidence that "liberals" and "climate change crazies" are out to suppress alternate views. Eventually, at some point in the future, she will die and the average intelligence of the planet will go up.
     

  19. #18  
    Samurai of Logic Falconer360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Washington
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    I think he's just a troll looking to advertise his own forum.
    I am not sure how he has managed to avoid being perma-banned.
    Because, contrary to the claims (s)he makes, we are ready to listen to opposing views. But not opposing bullshit, or kindergarten insults.

    Prediction: She will return; she will be deliberately provocative with the intent of being permanently banned; she will be permanently banned; she will use this as evidence that "liberals" and "climate change crazies" are out to suppress alternate views. Eventually, at some point in the future, she will die and the average intelligence of the planet will go up.
    I fully agree with your prediction. (S)he is clearly trying get banned just to be able to badmouth this forum. The same thing happens on the political page I admin on Facebook. This is truly an unfortunate situation, either she gets banned and then goes back to her flock and struts around in victory or we keep listening to the stupid leak out of her and giving her suspensions.

    From what I saw on the link she posted here, most of the conservatives there think of her as a troll. She then just takes her replies to them calling her out and uses them here. She is the only one trick pony that I've seen in any of her threads.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson

    "It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down"
    - Yagyu Munenori

    "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconer360 View Post
    .....
    From what I saw on the link she posted here, most of the conservatives there think of her as a troll. She then just takes her replies to them calling her out and uses them here. She is the only one trick pony that I've seen in any of her threads.
    You mean like circular trolling?
     

  21. #20  
    Samurai of Logic Falconer360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Washington
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by dan hunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconer360 View Post
    .....
    From what I saw on the link she posted here, most of the conservatives there think of her as a troll. She then just takes her replies to them calling her out and uses them here. She is the only one trick pony that I've seen in any of her threads.
    You mean like circular trolling?
    Yeah, or recycled trolling. (S)he isn't even taking the time to formulate new responses to members here. (S)he is just recycling old responses by copying and pasting them over and over again. I wouldn't be surprised if this was happening on numerous forums across the web by this hemorrhoid.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson

    "It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down"
    - Yagyu Munenori

    "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    719
    Isn't the real hoax the false and unsubstantiated claim that Anthropogenic Climate Change is a hoax, and that our scientist and scientific institutions are so incompetent, biased ,gullible and or ideologically driven as to be taken in and mindlessly or evilly perpetuate such a grand conspiracy? There is far more evidence of deliberate conspiracy to undermine public trust in our scientists and scientific institutions on this very serious issue, for the sake of financial gain (or avoid financial imposts) or just because it all seems too hard to deal with than any primae facie case that the fundamental science has been faked or even subject to poor and inadequate standards of scholarship.

    Most disturbing to me is the people who hold positions of leadership, responsibility and trust, upon who's 'good' judgment our future prosperity and security depend, that appear to take great satisfaction in the proliferation of the ignorant and misinformed views that EmmaRoydes and people like her (him?) hold as self evident truths, and hold with such conviction that no evidence or logic or argument can persuade them otherwise.
    Last edited by Ken Fabos; September 14th, 2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: unsure of gender, not worth searching to find out
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,274
    Is this appropriate for the Politics section of the board...?
     

  24. #23  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    From my perspective it is pure politics. You see it differently. Can you explain?
     

  25. #24  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    From my perspective it is pure politics. You see it differently. Can you explain?
    This is my sentiment exactly.

    Climate change is science. Debate over climate change is political.

    There is more scientific consensus on climate change than there is on evolution.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  26. #25  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    From my perspective it is pure politics. You see it differently. Can you explain?
    This is my sentiment exactly.

    Climate change is science. Debate over climate change is political.

    There is more scientific consensus on climate change than there is on evolution.
    Um, I predict that statement will be used against you. Though I know exactly what you mean.
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    719
    Might be more appropriate in Trash but the pervasiveness of views expressed - being far beyond that of an insignificant minority - make them politically relevant. Footdragging and resistance to cultivating the political will for appropriate and adequate responses to the knowledge that unrestrained fossil fuel burning has damaging consequences is a deadly serious issue. Debate and discussion in the style of EmmaRoydes choosing looks likely to be unproductive, but the dangerous and destructive influence in mainstream politics of climate science denial and climate action obstructionism does merit our full attention.
     

  28. #27  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Excellent point Ken, which is exactly why I intend to leave it in the open forum. Emotional and fact free arguments should be exposed wherever they come from.
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    592
    If Emma hadn't been temp-banned, I'd start keeping a count of how many times they use the word panties. It seems excessive.

    And that Politifake website is far from fair, it seems to busy itself with insulting 'liberals' moreso than anything productive.
     

  30. #29  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3
    You are mistaken because EmmaRoydes was never on this website. It was done by a known troll on the politifake website who goes by the name CthulthuDownUnder who is an australian agitator. he has been creating fake accounts all over the internet using the name EmmaRoydes and some other users that he trolls on that website.
    Last edited by TerrorAustralis; September 16th, 2014 at 01:51 AM. Reason: expanding the posting for clarification
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    719
    EmmaRoydes' contribution does seem more content and logic free than even middle of the road climate science deniers, but the presumptions of deliberate deception (hoax) and attribution for that hoax (liberals) does seem quite common. Although "liberals" is conveniently non-specific and, of course there is no evidence presented of either details of specific deception or it's attribution - whether or not a snail has been erroneously declared extinct is not relevant to the truth or otherwise of a change in the heat balance of the planet due to atmospheric changes and barely relevant to the existence of species extinctions as a foreseeable consequence. My own experience of Australian climate science deniers shows a tendency to prefer alleging "eco-authoritarian" or "green religious orthodoxy" attributions for a climate change hoax rather than "liberals" - perhaps because our leading Conservative party is the Liberal Party (liberal with respect to trade and commerce iirc). They too avoid presenting actual evidence - either of misconduct of scientists or of scientists having unsavory political or religious affiliations that would skew their judgment. They tend to use the same common deniers miscomprehensions and cherry picks, like the ubiquitous "no warming since 1998", whilst pointedly avoiding mention that ocean, air, land and ice heat content continued to strongly rise since 1998. Or show any comprehension that in a no warming world surface air temperatures go up and down, up and down - and going up and not coming down (since 1998) when natural oscillations over the picked out period (el Nino and neutral at beginning, la Nina and neutral at end) should have produced a lowering of temperature after the steep rise that preceded 1998. ie going up and not going down is exactly what warming should look like.

    I think more focus needs to be on those in positions of influence, leadership, trust and responsibility, who give views like ER's a degree of credibility and respectability. In the case of Australia's current Federal government (and most of the State governments), they clearly reject the science and enact and develop policy on the basis that it must be wrong, and refuse to come clean about their lack of homework on the subject or discuss their ongoing unwillingness to become well informed (eg through seeking out and engaging with Australia's leading scientific institutions and experts to address the concerns they have about the scientific basis of the climate problem). Whilst open declarations of rejecting climate science is rare amongst their elected MP's, the advisors and allied commentatariat they associate with regulary express views not much different to ER's.
     

  32. #31  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorAustralis View Post
    You are mistaken because EmmaRoydes was never on this website. It was done by a known troll on the politifake website who goes by the name CthulthuDownUnder who is an australian agitator. he has been creating fake accounts all over the internet using the name EmmaRoydes and some other users that he trolls on that website.
    From the perspective of the members of this forum EmmaRoydes was on this website. Your post suggests there is some real person called EmmaRoydes, (or more likley Emma Roydes). Few people use their real names on internet forums, so we come to know members by their chosen ones. I am not the fictional character John Galt, nor the Scottish writer John Galt, nor a real person called John Galt. But on this forum John Galt is "real" and when members say John Galt made a post then, assuredly, John Galt made a post.

    So, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. I do welcome the information about the trolling of the individual, but that seems separate from the claim that EmmaRoydes was never on the site. Could you elaborate.
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Sophomore Karsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    194
    EmmaRoydes, sounds a bit like Hemorrhoids.
    Coincidence?
     

  34. #33  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsus View Post
    EmmaRoydes, sounds a bit like Hemorrhoids.
    Coincidence?
    Good catch. She certainly was a pain ...............
     

  35. #34  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsus View Post
    EmmaRoydes, sounds a bit like Hemorrhoids.
    Coincidence?
    I always assumed it was a troll name for a troll poster.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  36. #35  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorAustralis View Post
    You are mistaken because EmmaRoydes was never on this website. It was done by a known troll on the politifake website who goes by the name CthulthuDownUnder who is an australian agitator. he has been creating fake accounts all over the internet using the name EmmaRoydes and some other users that he trolls on that website.
    From the perspective of the members of this forum EmmaRoydes was on this website. Your post suggests there is some real person called EmmaRoydes, (or more likley Emma Roydes). Few people use their real names on internet forums, so we come to know members by their chosen ones. I am not the fictional character John Galt, nor the Scottish writer John Galt, nor a real person called John Galt. But on this forum John Galt is "real" and when members say John Galt made a post then, assuredly, John Galt made a post.

    So, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. I do welcome the information about the trolling of the individual, but that seems separate from the claim that EmmaRoydes was never on the site. Could you elaborate.
    I suppose that, for the sake of completeness if nothing else, one needs to bear in mind the possibility that this new poster "Terror Australis" is a sock puppet of Haemorrhoids.
    I naturally hope for some sensible posts from this newcomer, on apolitical topics, to rule it out.
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    ...
    I suppose that, for the sake of completeness if nothing else, one needs to bear in mind the possibility that this new poster "Terror Australis" is a sock puppet of Haemorrhoids.
    I naturally hope for some sensible posts from this newcomer, on apolitical topics, to rule it out.
    Maybe not a Troll, maybe a Bunyip instead?
     

  38. #37  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    I suppose that, for the sake of completeness if nothing else, one needs to bear in mind the possibility that this new poster "Terror Australis" is a sock puppet of Haemorrhoids.
    Absolutely. That was my primary presumption, but in case it is incorrect then politeness is the appropriate response. The ip's are completely different, but that is of little significance.
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorAustralis View Post
    You are mistaken because EmmaRoydes was never on this website. It was done by a known troll on the politifake website who goes by the name CthulthuDownUnder who is an australian agitator. he has been creating fake accounts all over the internet using the name EmmaRoydes and some other users that he trolls on that website.
    From the perspective of the members of this forum EmmaRoydes was on this website. Your post suggests there is some real person called EmmaRoydes, (or more likley Emma Roydes). Few people use their real names on internet forums, so we come to know members by their chosen ones. I am not the fictional character John Galt, nor the Scottish writer John Galt, nor a real person called John Galt. But on this forum John Galt is "real" and when members say John Galt made a post then, assuredly, John Galt made a post.

    So, I'm not quite sure what you are trying to say. I do welcome the information about the trolling of the individual, but that seems separate from the claim that EmmaRoydes was never on the site. Could you elaborate.
    I presume he means that on his forum, there is a person named EmmaRoydes, and our EmmaRoydes is a different person posting nonsense across the internet to discredit the 'original.'
     

  40. #39  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by SowZ37 View Post
    I presume he means that on his forum, there is a person named EmmaRoydes, and our EmmaRoydes is a different person posting nonsense across the internet to discredit the 'original.'
    I don't think so. He said in another thread:
    "He has a vendetta against someone and started creating accounts all over the internet using EmmaRoydes and other users who he gets into lame arguments with. His known accounts on politifake are EmmaRoydes..."
    so it appears to be the same person.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  41. #40  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    I think RedPanda's instinct are right on the money.

    I think RedPanda's instinct are right on the money.


    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    I suppose that, for the sake of completeness if nothing else, one needs to bear in mind the possibility that this new poster "Terror Australis" is a sock puppet of Haemorrhoids.
    Absolutely. That was my primary presumption, but in case it is incorrect then politeness is the appropriate response. The ip's are completely different, but that is of little significance.

    Someone PMed me and asked that I shed light on this.


    This isn't difficult to debunk. EmmaRoydes basically gave us all the rope she needs to hang herself. She's a cunning troll, but like most trolls, a complete idiot. She's doing all the work for us.


    So the supposedly REAL EmmaRoydes comes here to defend her honor, claiming that someone is impersonating her ONLY to impersonate somebody from her own website...someone named TerrorAustrailis that she fights with all the time.
    http://www.politifake.org/comments/60584


    If you read some of that forum, clearly the real TerrorAustralius didn't come here. They are clearly enemies.


    This NEW post from EmmaRoydes's highly probable sockpuppet is most certainly troll bait. Don't take it.


    The troll you are dealing with is far more cunning than anyone here is giving credit (more on that in a moment).


    I think your first instincts are the correct one, John Galt. This is just a new sock from Emma; upset that she was banned from here and maybe worried she is about to be banned from politifake (she got into an awful argument on Politifake WITH TerrorAustrailus there last night and got chewed out by the moderator for harassing a the that user and others- more on that in a moment too)


    There is an easy way to debunk this:


    Again, just look at the NEW name of the account that EmmaRoydes has chosen today: TerrorAustralis


    TerrorAustralis is the name of THIS poliifake user: http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=6820


    If you look CLOSELY and carefully, EmmaRoydes and TerrorAustralis are mortal enemies.


    If EmmaRoydes was truly an innocent person being slandered, then why would she choose the name of her enemy not even knowing for sure that it was him that came here? She has many enemies on politifake. But she chose the one person she is trying to get banned on her website?


    She is just trying to discredit TerrorAustralis out of desperation I would imagine.


    Look how quickly she exploited this website on her forum last night.
    http://www.politifake.org/comment/71129
    http://www.politifake.org/comment/71130
    http://www.politifake.org/comment/71131
    http://www.politifake.org/comment/71132


    Why would an innocent person so quickly exploit this? couldn't she have reached out to her own moderator in private? or even politely reached out to a moderator here??


    Again, the supposedly REAL EmmaRoydes comes here to defend her honor, claiming that someone is impersonating her ONLY to impersonate somebody from her own website? Because that's what innocent people do when falsely accused right?


    Then look AGAIN at this battle from last night where EmmaRoydes is trying her best to get TerrorAustrailis banned.
    http://www.politifake.org/comments/60584


    My theory is that EmmaRoydes came here to use this forum as psychological warfare on her own website. It appears, she was careful to copy and paste her responses on that forum onto her comment here. I think she did that so that if caught she could turn around and claim she is being impersonating all over the internet. Clever move. The dead giveaway of this is that she has chosen to impersonate the one person on her forum she is harassing and trying to get banned by copying and pasting his whole identity. In my experience ,you should always suspect the first person who unnecessarily utters the accusation when not asked to do so, especially when they are exhibiting the very same behavior they are whining about: she is trying to scapegoat the members of her own site for her own sick behavior. If that behavior truly bothered her, she wouldn't so easily use it for her own ends and impersonate another so blindly. Again, if she WAS being impersonated here, how does she even know that TerrorAustrailus is the one at fault? Again, she has MANY enemies on her own website. That's why I don't believe it for a moment. It's obviously b'ulls'hit.


    If this isn't enough, just read several of EmmaRoydes postings on her own website. She is belligerent. She is disruptive. She is accused of trolling almost daily.


    I also noticed that most of her posts were self-deleted by her on this site many days ago with a plea to delete these threads. If someone was trying to humiliate her, then why wouldn't they just leave them up? After last night, I think it is obvious her fear on her website was that she was going to get banned if anyone ever noticed this place. OR maybe this was here plan all along.


    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the smoking gun here IMHO is the FOLLOWING evidence:


    On her own website the user EmmaRoydes seems to have a history of sockpuppetting. Her own members even call her out on it.


    Compares these users from politifake to me and tell me if I'm crazy:
    EmmaRoydes
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=8499


    StoneTools
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=7700


    Arnnatz
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=5086


    Now, tell me if I'm crazy, but these are the same person. They have all been accused of socking at various points. They also all share the same obsessions with climate change and are particular nasty about it in a very specific way. Two of those accounts were eventually banned, like Emma was here, for the same reasons.


    Then look at this climate-change thread from that forum on politifake started by the user StoneTools:
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/view...hp?f=30&t=9611


    Then go to this OTHER thread from that same forum on politifake where EmmaRoydes is trolling:
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/view...hp?f=30&t=9728


    Both threads predate this place by several months, years. Both are clearly the same user.


    Unless EmmaRoydes is really Doc.Brown and went back in time to carefully orchestrate this...I think Occam's Razor is in order. The simplest explanation is usually the right one: EmmaRoydes and her NEW sock account come from a pathologically insecure sociopathic troll with a history of sock puppetry and being banned on her own forum and now she is trying to drag this place into a soap opera over there.


    But even without that mountain of evidence, her impersonation of her nemesis TerrorAustralis today was enough for me to see through it. Like most trolls, she couldn't help but hang herself.


    EmmaRoydes is the Lester Nygaard of the internet troll world IMAO.


    Hope my humble observations are of some utility.
    Last edited by Lloyd Gallagher; September 16th, 2014 at 03:21 PM. Reason: fixed links
     

  42. #41  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SowZ37 View Post
    I presume he means that on his forum, there is a person named EmmaRoydes, and our EmmaRoydes is a different person posting nonsense across the internet to discredit the 'original.'
    I don't think so. He said in another thread: "He has a vendetta against someone and started creating accounts all over the internet using EmmaRoydes and other users who he gets into lame arguments with. His known accounts on politifake are EmmaRoydes..."so it appears to be the same person.
    If you read my above thread...it is also clear that EmmaRoydes and the TerrorAustrailus account on this forum are highly-probable the same person too
    Last edited by Lloyd Gallagher; September 16th, 2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: grammar
     

  43. #42  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Gallagher View Post
    I think RedPanda's instinct are right on the money.
    I think you are all the same person, trying to advertise your website.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  44. #43 to whom it may concern 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1
    i dont take kindly to people setting up accounts in my name.

    anyone wanting proof that i am the original terroraustralis is welcome to PM me, (i'd post the proof here but new members are prevented from posting URLs)

    i'm all but certain that the EmmaRoydes from politifake is responsible for both the EmmaRoydes account here and the fake TerrorAustralis account.

    hopefully, with the help of the admins here, i can get some proof of this, and get the politifake admins to do something about the troll "EmmaRoydes".
     

  45. #44  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,439
    Oh look another poster plugging that forum while pretending to be complaining about a troll just ban the lot of 'em...
     

  46. #45  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Oh look another poster plugging that forum while pretending to be complaining about a troll just ban the lot of 'em...
    Yea! Exactly and totally! This whole high school drama queen debacle is just SPAM for some dungpile of a non-site. SPAM, SPAM, and more SPAM! No mercy of any kind ever for SPAM'rs!
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
     

  47. #46  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Oh look another poster plugging that forum while pretending to be complaining about a troll
    It's not actually. He's the real deal. Ask your admin. I'm sure he has a way to verify that and the OP will comply with whatever is necessary to clarify as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Oh look another poster plugging that forum while pretending to be complaining about a troll just ban the lot of 'em...
    Yea! Exactly and totally! This whole high school drama queen debacle is just SPAM for some dungpile of a non-site. SPAM, SPAM, and more SPAM! No mercy of any kind ever for SPAM'rs!
    I can hardly blame you for reacting that way if I were in your shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Gallagher View Post
    I think RedPanda's instinct are right on the money.
    I think you are all the same person, trying to advertise your website.
    I emphasize with your concern. If I were in your shoes, I'd say the same.For the record, though, I would never be so cruel to invite anyone here to that cesspool-excuse-of-a-site. If this negative attention it is receiving is a form of advertising, then accept my humble apology. Wasn't my intention. If anything, let this be a like a surgeon general's warning, not an advertisement, to avoid that place like that plague: politifake may be harmful to your health and studies have shown it will lower your IQ and contribute to stress-causing cancer.
    Last edited by Lloyd Gallagher; September 16th, 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: grammar
     

  48. #47  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,439
    Your post hasn't changed my opinion. Maybe if you (or any of your sockpuppets) changed the record or maybe posted on a topic that wasn't about that other forum or the wingnuts that post there I might give you the benefit of the doubt...
     

  49. #48  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Your post hasn't changed my opinion. Maybe if you changed the record or maybe posted on a topic that wasn't about that other forum or the wingnuts that post there I might give you the benefit if the doubt...
    Fair enough. Thank you for hearing us out at least. We will not bother you further. Have a good day.
     

  50. #49  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Gallagher View Post
    We will not bother you further.
    Anyone believe this?

    Anyone?



    ....




    Anyone?
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  51. #50  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,439
    *tumbleweed*
     

  52. #51  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    I have checked the membership list here and no one claims to be the author of Gullible's Travels. Case closed.
     

  53. #52  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTerrorAustralis View Post
    i dont take kindly to people setting up accounts in my name.

    anyone wanting proof that i am the original terroraustralis is welcome to PM me, (i'd post the proof here but new members are prevented from posting URLs)

    i'm all but certain that the EmmaRoydes from politifake is responsible for both the EmmaRoydes account here and the fake TerrorAustralis account.

    hopefully, with the help of the admins here, i can get some proof of this, and get the politifake admins to do something about the troll "EmmaRoydes".
    The "Real" Terror Australis? You mean it's not like a politifake Terror Australis who is trying to advertise a bogus website? Why does this forum even allow those ignorant anti-science losers in the first place? Looks like a minor invasion of people who want to make trouble here, kind of like a bad rash.
     

  54. #53  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    592
    Why are we caught up in another forum's drama? What do we have to do with it? The drama on this website is quickly reaching TMZ levels and none of the drama is relevant to any of us. This has gone on for weeks, how much longer will it continue?
     

  55. #54  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    We have now gotten rid of the invaders. Hopefully this will quell the drama from the other forum.
     

  56. #55  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    We have now gotten rid of the invaders. Hopefully this will quell the drama from the other forum.
    Thanks, Harold. I wasn't trying to complain but I appreciate it regardless.
     

  57. #56  
    B.S. Bloodhound scienceofdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Gallagher View Post
    Compares these users from politifake to me and tell me if I'm crazy:
    EmmaRoydes
    StoneTools
    Arnnatz
    Now, tell me if I'm crazy, but these are the same person.
    Holy sock puppets, Batman! After reading that, there is enough for a revival of the Muppet Show. Maybe a split personality disorder, one for each day of the week. Interesting read.
     

  58. #57  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by scienceofdesign View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Gallagher View Post
    Compares these users from politifake to me and tell me if I'm crazy:
    EmmaRoydes
    StoneTools
    Arnnatz
    Now, tell me if I'm crazy, but these are the same person.

    Holy sock puppets, Batman! After reading that, there is enough for a revival of the Muppet Show. Maybe a split personality disorder, one for each day of the week. Interesting read.

    Right back atcha skippy. I've never sockpuppetted anytime, anywhere.


    So some troll and his attack dogs over at my website accused me of being StoneTools, Arnnatz over at politifake. And surprise! They accused me of being this new troll TerrorAustrailus who clearly isn't me.


    So THIS is your evidence that I was sockpuppetting? These links to users on my site that sound NOTHING like me??? bwahahahahhahahahahahaha


    EmmaRoydes
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=8499




    StoneTools
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=7700




    Arnnatz
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=5086


    Okay, I'd bet my left eyeball that those users aren't me. In fact, I would promise to disappear and never return to this website if any one found anything REMOTELY like me in those users. And I'm a man of my word. That's how obvious it is because no one would want to be stupid enough to make such a claim. They are as different to me as night or day or water vapour and C02 (the true culprit of global warming, not man...it's naturally occurring...just sayin!).


    So some idiot here creates more accounts, attacks my poster, and started attacking the members on the site. So, that shows you the childishness that I have to deal with when it comes to these clowns.


    Well, since I've decided to come back and dared to defend myself, it looks like it's my turn to be attacked by the big bad scientists here. Careful, you'll have to wait in line since my attack dogs after me are usually right behind me and I think they have rabies. Your arguments that I've been trolling this site are the equivalent of Hitler saying that Stalin deserved to be invaded. Like I said, you should go back and read comment threads before you claim to be above it all. Besides, the ones who share your disgust happen to be attack dogs that you enabled. Kind of invalidates your "point" now doesn't it? Of course, you people here can't see that can you? Oh, you poor little lost souls, "Emma is so mean and all I did was act civil. Why does emma treat me like that? waaaaah, oops I think I just wet my pants again" No, it's more like I post something intelligent and, instead of refuting it, you and your SCIENCE attack dogs start snarling, nipping, and biting. Your ego wouldn't let you just say something like "no, that's incorrect because ..." instead of "you f***ing f***tard" you ARE BANNED for disagreeing me! Well, you can all go to hell.


    You have more evidence for man-made global warming than I was ever Arnnatz or StoneTools on politifake and since you already know my views and the truth on that issue, you can figure that out for yourselves. What you people don't understand is that I really don't care whether you care or not. Nor have you had to be in attack mode at all times on this site. When it comes to man-made global warming, I've expressed my opinion, I did it in a way that didn't attack anyone, so you definitely don't have any high ground here.
     

  59. #58  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    Well, you can all go to hell.
    And yet you keep coming back, and coming back, and coming back . . . clearly the responses you get fill some sort of a need you have. For attention? Perhaps.

    I've expressed my opinion, I did it in a way that didn't attack anyone . . . .
    Right! In ways like:
    . . . the equivalent of Hitler saying that Stalin deserved to be invaded . . .the childishness that I have to deal with when it comes to these clowns. . . . .oops I think I just wet my pants again . . . .
    That's some Internet comedy gold right there.
     

  60. #59  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    How to say goodbye to your haemorrhoids.

    Bye bye haemorrhoids.
     

  61. #60  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Man, what a drama queen. Good riddance.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  62. #61  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    940
    I wish it wasn't true but . . . it will be back. How many times has it returned already?
     

  63. #62  
    B.S. Bloodhound scienceofdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by scienceofdesign
    Holy sock puppets, Batman! After reading that, there is enough for a revival of the Muppet Show. Maybe a split personality disorder, one for each day of the week. Interesting read.
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    Well, since I've decided to come back and dared to defend myself, it looks like it's my turn to be attacked by the big bad scientists here. Case in point: "politifake's Arnnatz was banned from politifake for sexually harassing women on the internet…His sock account StoneTool's was banned for homophobic hate speech….Politifake's EmmaRoydes is a sock puppet of Arnnatz and StoneTools...EmmaRoydes is a sexually disturbed troll who sexually harasses others and trolls forums for sports…blah, blah, blah" Careful, you'll have to wait in line since my attack dogs after me are usually right behind me and I think they have rabies. Your arguments that I've been trolling this site are the equivalent of Hitler saying that Stalin deserved to be invaded. Like I said, you should go back and read comment threads before you claim to be above it all. Besides, the ones who share your disgust happen to be attack dogs that you enabled. Kind of invalidates your "point" now doesn't it? Of course, you people here can't see that can you? Oh, you poor little lost souls, "Emma is so mean and all I did was act civil. Why does emma treat me like that? waaaaah, oops I think I just wet my pants again" No, it's more like I post something intelligent and, instead of refuting it, you and your SCIENCE attack dogs start snarling, nipping, and biting. Your ego wouldn't let you just say something like "no, that's incorrect because ..." instead of "you f***ing f***tard" you ARE BANNED for disagreeing me! Well, you can all go to hell.
    Why don't you tell us how you really feel.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post
    So some troll and his attack dogs over at my website accused me of being StoneTools, Arnnatz over at politifake. And surprise! They accused me of being this new troll TerrorAustrailus who clearly isn't me.


    So THIS is your evidence that I was sockpuppetting? These links to users on my site that sound NOTHING like me??? bwahahahahhahahahahahaha


    EmmaRoydes
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=8499




    StoneTools
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=7700




    Arnnatz
    http://www.politifake.org/forum/memb...profile&u=5086


    Okay, I'd bet my left eyeball that those users aren't me.
    I will take that bet.

    Just glancing at that site, it's obvious part of your intended audience here is them; hence your self-conscious style of your post. I would surmise you are worried the drama you created here is going to get you in trouble there for multi-accounting since the history of your posting there reveals this is an accusation you deal with regularly. So we have your MO.

    The speech patterns, your choice of vocabulary, your obsessions all point to one very highly probable conclusion....you are all those people. Run some of that data through many of the same anti-plagarism tools used by professors, they match up, making it all but a certainty (e.g. for instance: on the history of your website, all three accounts were the only ones to use the word "miscreant"...no one else on your site ever used that word). This exercise wasn't necessary, though: those users/socks you were accused of ALL have a distinct way of communicating and they all sound distinctly like you. Common sense is enough. So on politifake.org EmmaRoydes is Arnnatz and StoneTools. That wasn't hard, was it? As far as your "bet" goes, I don't want your eye. Besides, given that you are admittedly a [H]emmaRoyde by your own omission, wouldn't that blind you, brown eye? Wait, don't answer that.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes View Post

    Right back atcha skippy. I've never sockpuppetted anytime, anywhere.
    Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre... I believe you think that. And some people think Ashley Simpson is an accomplished musician, some people think the capital of Canada is Milwaukee, and some people like to drink their own urine. Good night!
    Last edited by scienceofdesign; September 22nd, 2014 at 04:45 PM. Reason: fixed bad link
     

  64. #63  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1
    I see how this site works now, at least the little children on it. Thank you for reinforcing my opinion of you and your attack dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Good catch. She certainly was a pain ...............
    Are you typical of the people who post on this site? If so, the mods should probably seek out advertisers who sell anti-anxiety/anti-anger medications. Your response is exactly what I was referring to and why I won't stick around this site and am already starting to regret it.Good bye and have fun.
     

  65. #64  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoyde View Post
    I see how this site works now, at least the little children on it. Thank you for reinforcing my opinion of you and your attack dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt
    Good catch. She certainly was a pain ...............
    Are you typical of the people who post on this site? If so, the mods should probably seek out advertisers who sell anti-anxiety/anti-anger medications. Your response is exactly what I was referring to and why I won't stick around this site and am already starting to regret it.Good bye and have fun.
    Goodbye mr. sock puppet!

    I can't help but notice that you keep promising to leave but never do. It's always a grand trampling exit, full of insults and anger, followed by a sock puppet and a quick return to the insults. Perhaps this time will be different.
     

  66. #65  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Nothing gets a point across like proving you're an immature crybaby.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  67. #66  
    OTC
    OTC is offline
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5
    Emma was framed. She is my roommate. I can vouch she was not sockpuppeting. Classic, can't argue the issue so attack the opposition so you ban my roommate for having a different opinion that everyone else's and frame her for socking of which there isn't a shred of evidence. Doesn't matter. You're all confused, she wasn't talking about Global Warming, which we don't deny, we've been making fun of 'Man-Made' Global Warming, which we do deny. Totally different subjects. There are 2 sides to every issue, yet some people want to attack others who bring an opposing scientific consensus to their beliefs of what their scientific consensus says about GW. There is no 97% consensus about global warming. Maybe they are talking about government funded scientists, 97-99% of them agree. Amirite? Some of you are really missing the point about data. There was enough data to prove butter was once bad, now it's not. Liberals always throw something in the pot that has nothing to do with anything. That way they can cause a diversion when called out. Because obviously the earth never heated up before the industrial revolution and that people who believe this actually contribute to it as evident by saying it on the internet over and over, obviously lacking conviction because the facts don't speak for themselves. Otherwise why would they keep trying to convince everyone? Why is it so out of the question that the earth is just going through a natural cycle? Volcano activity was almost void in the first half of the twentieth century, without smoke,ash, and SO2 being released in the air it allowed more sun light to heat up the earth. Now that volcanoes are more active they are creating a sun screen (cooling). Gotta love how trolls throw so much into something that's not there.
     

  68. #67  
    Samurai of Logic Falconer360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Washington
    Posts
    378
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC View Post
    Gotta love how trolls throw so much into something that's not there.
    If anyone was a troll, it was Emma, who copy-pasted almost everything she said here. Not to mention that instead of coming here and speaking in a civil tongue, she jumped straight to being crude and insulting. Also seeing as how no one can truly verify anything that you say is true about her , I can only assume that you may also be part of the puppet show or maybe even a random person hoping to incite more senseless drama.
    "For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled." Hunter S Thompson

    "It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down"
    - Yagyu Munenori

    "Only a warrior chooses pacifism; others are condemned to it."
     

  69. #68  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC View Post
    Emma was framed. She is my roommate. I can vouch she was not sockpuppeting. Classic, can't argue the issue so attack the opposition so you ban my roommate for having a different opinion that everyone else's and frame her for socking of which there isn't a shred of evidence. Doesn't matter. You're all confused, she wasn't talking about Global Warming, which we don't deny, we've been making fun of 'Man-Made' Global Warming, which we do deny. Totally different subjects. There are 2 sides to every issue, yet some people want to attack others who bring an opposing scientific consensus to their beliefs of what their scientific consensus says about GW. There is no 97% consensus about global warming. Maybe they are talking about government funded scientists, 97-99% of them agree. Amirite? Some of you are really missing the point about data. There was enough data to prove butter was once bad, now it's not. Liberals always throw something in the pot that has nothing to do with anything. That way they can cause a diversion when called out. Because obviously the earth never heated up before the industrial revolution and that people who believe this actually contribute to it as evident by saying it on the internet over and over, obviously lacking conviction because the facts don't speak for themselves. Otherwise why would they keep trying to convince everyone? Why is it so out of the question that the earth is just going through a natural cycle? Volcano activity was almost void in the first half of the twentieth century, without smoke,ash, and SO2 being released in the air it allowed more sun light to heat up the earth. Now that volcanoes are more active they are creating a sun screen (cooling). Gotta love how trolls throw so much into something that's not there.
    Reported.
     

  70. #69  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC View Post
    Emma was framed. She is my roommate. I can vouch she was not sockpuppeting.
    Let me stop you right there (mostly because your wall of text is about as appealing to read as the final paragraph of Grapes of Wrath). If you think Emma's ban was purely based upon sockpuppeting, you should read her post history. It is filled with asinine jabs at people with viewpoints based in evidence and personal attacks of the highest order. She contributed nothing of substance to the forum and was a belligerent from day one. I can't speak for the mods, but her ban was based an amalgamation of grievances.

    As for the rest of your post, I skimmed it and it appears to be the same mislead talking points from the majority of deniers so I'm not really interested in breaking it down. I'm sure someone with more patience will give it a go.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
     

  71. #70  
    flattened rat 甘肃人's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Gansu
    Posts
    285
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC View Post
    Emma was framed. She is my roommate. I can vouch she was not sockpuppeting. Classic, can't argue the issue so attack the opposition so you ban my roommate for having a different opinion that everyone else's and frame her for socking of which there isn't a shred of evidence. Doesn't matter. You're all confused, she wasn't talking about Global Warming, which we don't deny, we've been making fun of 'Man-Made' Global Warming, which we do deny. Totally different subjects. There are 2 sides to every issue, yet some people want to attack others who bring an opposing scientific consensus to their beliefs of what their scientific consensus says about GW. There is no 97% consensus about global warming. Maybe they are talking about government funded scientists, 97-99% of them agree. Amirite? Some of you are really missing the point about data. There was enough data to prove butter was once bad, now it's not. Liberals always throw something in the pot that has nothing to do with anything. That way they can cause a diversion when called out. Because obviously the earth never heated up before the industrial revolution and that people who believe this actually contribute to it as evident by saying it on the internet over and over, obviously lacking conviction because the facts don't speak for themselves. Otherwise why would they keep trying to convince everyone? Why is it so out of the question that the earth is just going through a natural cycle? Volcano activity was almost void in the first half of the twentieth century, without smoke,ash, and SO2 being released in the air it allowed more sun light to heat up the earth. Now that volcanoes are more active they are creating a sun screen (cooling). Gotta love how trolls throw so much into something that's not there.
    Reported.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC View Post
    Emma was framed. She is my roommate. I can vouch she was not sockpuppeting.
    Let me stop you right there (mostly because your wall of text is about as appealing to read as the final paragraph of Grapes of Wrath). If you think Emma's ban was purely based upon sockpuppeting, you should read her post history. It is filled with asinine jabs at people with viewpoints based in evidence and personal attacks of the highest order. She contributed nothing of substance to the forum and was a belligerent from day one. I can't speak for the mods, but her ban was based an amalgamation of grievances.

    As for the rest of your post, I skimmed it and it appears to be the same mislead talking points from the majority of deniers so I'm not really interested in breaking it down. I'm sure someone with more patience will give it a go.
    This looks like a job for ... Super Moderator!

    May I suggest those moderator nominees who are interested in being elected see OTC (and Emma's OP) as a fit and proper test so as us proles can determine who is most fit (and proper) for the job. Perhaps moderators who have already ascended to power can assist them by providing background on the posters in question - stuff that mere mortals have not access to...?

    To coin a phrase: "I'm just sayin'."
    And what does the Lord require of you but to love justice, to be merciful and to walk humbly with Him?
     

  72. #71  
    OTC
    OTC is offline
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconer360
    If anyone was a troll, it was Emma, who copy-pasted almost everything she said here. Not to mention that instead of coming here and speaking in a civil tongue, she jumped straight to being crude and insulting. Also seeing as how no one can truly verify anything that you say is true about her , I can only assume that you may also be part of the puppet show or maybe even a random person hoping to incite more senseless drama.
    Right back atcha skippy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scienceofdesign
    I would surmise you are worried the drama you created here is going to get you in trouble there for multi-accounting since the history of your posting there reveals this is an accusation you deal with regularly. I would surmise you are worried the drama you created here is going to get you in trouble there for multi-accounting since the history of your posting there reveals this is an accusation you deal with regularly.
    Oh ok, suppose you educate us on that. Its called 'artificial reality', another liberal disease of the mind. Next you will be saying that I'm Emma. I'm counting down the seconds until you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlickMontana
    As for the rest of your post, I skimmed it and it appears to be the same mislead talking points from the majority of deniers so I'm not really interested in breaking it down. I'm sure someone with more patience will give it a go.
    Thanks for proving my point. Liberals are people who want you to think like they do, conservatives are people who just want you to think.
     

  73. #72  
    B.S. Bloodhound scienceofdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by OTC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scienceofdesign
    I would surmise you are worried the drama you created here is going to get you in trouble there for multi-accounting since the history of your posting there reveals this is an accusation you deal with regularly. I would surmise you are worried the drama you created here is going to get you in trouble there for multi-accounting since the history of your posting there reveals this is an accusation you deal with regularly.
    Its called 'artificial reality', another liberal disease of the mind. Next you will be saying that I'm Emma. I'm counting down the seconds until you do..
    Well...if you insist, "Emma"...since you went out of your way to make that self-conscious point. Reminds me of that scene in "All the President's Men" where one of the reporters gets off the phone with a press secretary who offers a defense to the allegation of criminal behavior only to point out that, "I never accused him of anything."

    Yes, after reading your snide remark to my observations, I do happen to believe you are EmmaRoydes pretending to be OTC. Why? Besides the obvious you mean? For starters, you are using that lovely "it wasn't me! it was someone else on the computer" excuse I expect to hear from creeps caught red-handed by Chris Hansen on MsNBC. We could call THIS thread, "To Catch a Sock". Because, I have a hard time believing "Emma's roommate" was so offended by how her internet habits were received that he/she felt the need to come her to defend her. Does he/she still on your lap whilst she trolls online? Hmmmmmm???

    But even then, since you confessed you are from that ignorant excuse of website "politifake" (when you threw down the gauntlet) I looked up your OTC account. Okay then, when you compare this OTHER account on politifake to your EmmaRoydes account on politifake, it becomes clear that OTC is EmmaRoydes is Arnnatz is StoneTools, etc., etc., etc., and possibly many many more:

    Using that same methodology I employed above that you accused of being a "liberal artificial reality" (I'm actually an independent voter, thank you) I don't think it is a coincidence that all those accounts share the same obsessions, vernacular, behavior and catch phrases (when those same certain filters from above are applied). For instance, they all like to use the phrase "Right back atcha skippy" and I couldn't find another account on that site that used that comeback. Your sock accounts also ALL have been accused of socking multiple times by your veteran users. Your socks also ALL seem to troll and harass the same people. One coincidence is possible. But several coincidences shared over several accounts that don't share those coincidences with other accts on your site becomes a PATTERN. But was all this necessary? really now?? I said before, common sense was enough with you, as it always is. Just because Goebbels said, “If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.” doesn't mean that holds true for you; he also went on to suggest you need the power of the state (or enough muscle) to get away with that. You have nothing here on this forum that resembles that kind of power (or muscle) to protect your freedom to bully and troll as you see fit. You are basically bringing a knife to a gun fight.

    Quote Originally Posted by EmmaRoydes/OTC
    You're all confused, she wasn't talking about Global Warming, which we don't deny, we've been making fun of 'Man-Made' Global Warming, which we do deny. Totally different subjects. There are 2 sides to every issue, yet some people want to attack others who bring an opposing scientific consensus to their beliefs of what their scientific consensus says about GW. There is no 97% consensus about global warming. Maybe they are talking about government funded scientists, 97-99% of them agree. Amirite? Some of you are really missing the point about data. There was enough data to prove butter was once bad, now it's not. Liberals always throw something in the pot that has nothing to do with anything. That way they can cause a diversion when called out. Because obviously the earth never heated up before the industrial revolution and that people who believe this actually contribute to it as evident by saying it on the internet over and over, obviously lacking conviction because the facts don't speak for themselves. Otherwise why would they keep trying to convince everyone? Why is it so out of the question that the earth is just going through a natural cycle? Volcano activity was almost void in the first half of the twentieth century, without smoke,ash, and SO2 being released in the air it allowed more sun light to heat up the earth. Now that volcanoes are more active they are creating a sun screen (cooling). Gotta love how trolls throw so much into something that's not there.

    As far as your very articulate and thoughtful indictment of man-made climate change goes...here's my RESPONSE to that...



    EDIT: As someone remarked on another thread, it appears that Emma/OTC was banned again. Missed that. Given that development I supposed I could just delete this post. However, given her propensity for socking, I suspect it's highly likely she is still reading these posts. So I will leave it up. Unfortunately, EmmaRoydes/OTC is the sock equivalent of the Hydra in Greek mythology so I'm sure she is not far behind and will just regenerate.
    Last edited by scienceofdesign; October 2nd, 2014 at 03:32 PM. Reason: edit, update
     

  74. #73  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by scienceofdesign View Post
    Unfortunately, EmmaRoydes/OTC is the sock equivalent of the Hydra in Greek mythology so I'm sure she is not far behind and will just regenerate.
    Cut off his head and another dickhead grows back.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  75. #74  
    B.S. Bloodhound scienceofdesign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scienceofdesign View Post
    Unfortunately, EmmaRoydes/OTC is the sock equivalent of the Hydra in Greek mythology so I'm sure she is not far behind and will just regenerate.
    Cut off his head and another dickhead grows back.


    That's SOME hydra......like something out of one of those XXX animes. We could call this one a cockathrice or a sockatrice:OTC and Arnnatz and StoneTools are the heads....Emmaroydes is the ass (pun intended). The official mascot of politifake.org
     

  76. #75  
    Bullshit Intolerant PhDemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newcastle-upon-Tyne, UK
    Posts
    4,439
    Another sock please bugger off you tedious troll...
     

  77. #76  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    sigh ... another honeypot needs covering over
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
     

Similar Threads

  1. Why nothing much gets done about climate change
    By Bunbury in forum Environmental Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 27th, 2009, 10:59 PM
  2. Climate Change and wind
    By amykate in forum Earth Sciences
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
  3. Climate change
    By sak in forum Earth Sciences
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: August 21st, 2008, 03:28 AM
  4. Climate change - we've got 10 years
    By BSG CORP in forum Earth Sciences
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: February 26th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •