Notices
Results 1 to 99 of 99
Like Tree24Likes
  • 2 Post By Flick Montana
  • 2 Post By Harold14370
  • 2 Post By AlexG
  • 2 Post By sculptor
  • 1 Post By sculptor
  • 1 Post By mikepotter84
  • 1 Post By sculptor
  • 3 Post By AlexG
  • 2 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By sampson
  • 1 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By Lynx_Fox
  • 1 Post By Harold14370
  • 1 Post By TheUnknowable
  • 1 Post By sampson
  • 1 Post By kojax
  • 1 Post By sampson

Thread: Black Republicans

  1. #1 Black Republicans 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Pretty self-explanatory...


    How? Why?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Why not?


    MrMojo1 and Ascended like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    What, aside from the fact that the Republican Party is a party full of obvious racists who continually siphon money away from the poor and middle class like leeches?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Newt Gingrich: "Spanish is the language of the ghetto": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIZH-aNyAGw

    Pat Buchanan want an all white Republican Party:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ROENZs57g0

    Haley Barbour, Governor of Mississippi:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FdzGGxnKLY

    These are just a few of the thousands upon thousands of recent examples...not to mention Voter ID laws and redistricting...




    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    The top 25% wage earners pay 87% of federal income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 2.25%. Who are the leeches?

    Why do you equate blacks with poor and middle class?

    What is your evidence of racism in the Republican party?
    MrMojo1 and babe like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    I've just posted some examples of extreme racial prejudice.

    To answer your other question...

    The wealthy few who grow rich on the backs of hard working laborers while they sip champagne and eat caviar at board meetings are the ones who feel entitled. You didn't "build that" yourself. No one can build a company on his or her own. What hubris.

    The bottom 50% make several times less than those at the very top. They don't have money to spare. Wealthy people who are better off than 99% of the entire world population and own three homes, four cars and a yacht complain about having to pay taxes...that is laughable. Bill Maher hits the nail on the head:

    bill maher on The Wealth Gap in America and the World 12-03-2011 - YouTube
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Anti-Crank AlexG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,810
    I've just posted some examples of extreme racial prejudice.]
    No, you've posted some examples of the most bigoted and outspoken conservatives you could possibly find, and imputed their positions to the entire republican party.

    The wealthy few who grow rich on the backs of hard working laborers while they sip champagne and eat caviar at board meetings are the ones who feel entitled.
    Now I'm a Democrat/Independent, and abhor the Republican party, but this kind of sophomoric rhetoric accomplishes nothing.
    MrMojo1 and babe like this.
    Its the way nature is!
    If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
    To another universe, where the rules are simpler
    Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
    Prof Richard Feynman (1979) .....

    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    You can think that if you'd like but the history of the Republican Party indicates otherwise. Pick up a few books concerning Southern Strategy. You're never to old to learn something new.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    I hate these kinds of topics.

    "Republicans are racist!"

    "The lower class are leeches!"

    It just goes on and on. It's the kind of crap I expect out of the lamestream media, but you guys should be above it.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    No. This is what America needs to be talking about rather than focusing on the Zimmerman trial and football. These issues must be acknowledged and resolved before the power keg explodes...again...people are only delaying the inevitable conflicts which will arise in the immediate future. We need to overturn Citizens United and put the preclearance provision of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 back in. We need to raise corporate taxes and cut defense spending. The reason why these things happened in the first place was that the public at large either didn't realize the implications of these decisions or wasn't paying attention.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    You can think that if you'd like but the history of the Republican Party indicates otherwise. Pick up a few books concerning Southern Strategy. You're never to old to learn something new.
    The History of the Republican Party starts with Abraham Lincoln. The RP fought the dim party racists for over 100 yrs. after that. Woodrow Wilson set this country and racism back 50 yrs. when he was elected twice, by the dim party. If you don't know anything about the History of political parties and racism , ...then don't mention it in your argument. Go study.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    This is literally the 100,000,000th time I've had to explain to someone that there was a split over Civil Rights in the Democratic Party in the sixties in which a mass exodus of deranged demagogues (Strom Thurmond being one of the most prominent) defected to the Republican Party and that the Party of Lincoln rapidly evolved into the Party of Reagan, which remains to this day...you are the one who knows nothing...as an Historian and Anthropologist I know more about Politics than most people here, so I don't blame you (much) for your arrogant, inept attempts to appear intelligent.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    This is literally the 100,000,000th time I've had to explain to someone that there was a split over Civil Rights in the Democratic Party in the sixties in which a mass exodus of deranged demagogues (Strom Thurmond being one of the most prominent) defected to the Republican Party and that the Party of Lincoln rapidly evolved into the Party of Reagan, which remains to this day...you are the one who knows nothing...as an Historian and Anthropologist I know more about Politics than most people here, so I don't blame you (much) for your arrogant, inept attempts to appear intelligent.
    AH.... a pp contest?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    This is literally the 100,000,000th time I've had to explain ...
    100 millionth time
    hmm
    at 5 minutes per time, that's 500 million minutes
    or 8,333,333.333 hours
    figure 16 hours/day
    that's 520,833.33 days
    figgure 300 days/year of saying the same damned thing,
    that's one thousand seven hundred and 36 years---(1,736.1111years)

    wow dude
    how old are you?

    maybe what you claimed is just a tad hyperbolic?
    maybe just as hyperbolic as your prejudiced views of the republicans?
    Last edited by sculptor; June 29th, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
    scoobydoo1 and babe like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    This is literally the 100,000,000th time I've had to explain ...
    100 millionth time
    hmm
    at 5 minutes per time, that's 500 million minutes
    or 8,333,333.333 hours
    figure 16 hours/day
    that's 520,833.33 days
    figgure 300 days/year of saying the same damned thing,
    that's one thousand seven hundred and 36 years---(1,736.1111years)

    wow dude
    how old are you?

    maybe what you claimed is just a tad hyperbolic?
    maybe just as hyperbolic as your prejudiced views of the republicans?
    Well, he did get one thing right, we need to cut the DOD. The politics of the Military Industrial Complex is not a factor here. Unless you want to note that it was a Republican that first warned against the MIC power. Certainly Old Mike 84 has already educated the whole state of North Carolina on the subject of US militaristic adventures.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    This is literally the 100,000,000th time I've had to explain ...
    100 millionth time
    hmm
    at 5 minutes per time, that's 500 million minutes
    or 8,333,333.333 hours
    figure 16 hours/day
    that's 520,833.33 days
    figgure 300 days/year of saying the same damned thing,
    that's one thousand seven hundred and 36 years---(1,736.1111years)

    wow dude
    how old are you?

    maybe what you claimed is just a tad hyperbolic?
    maybe just as hyperbolic as your prejudiced views of the republicans?
    I'm not good at math.

    Besides, hyperbole is good for dramatic effect. I'll need it if I go into politics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    agree sampson
    IMHO
    we could cut dod spending by 1/2
    cut out the billions wasted in the "drug wars"
    release the non violent offenders and cut prison spending by 1/2

    But I ain't seen a single mainstream politician, including "democrats" who would want to shrink the government's spending.
    The state is a living organism which has grown fat and has a voracious appetite. When it is done spending us into rot and ruin, it will turn on us for it's last meals.

    Hyperbole has a negative effect on me, and destroys your arguements.
    politics indeed
    (from the 60s---"keep the world safe for democracy by supporting every petty dictator in sight")
    mikepotter84 likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    prejudiced views of the republicans
    I do happen to be biased concerning civil rights...I'm in favor of them.
    Ascended likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    As am I
    though I also want civil liberties
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    As am I
    though I also want civil liberties
    Of course! Don't judge the Democratic Party by Obama...he is not nearly as Liberal as he claims to be...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Hyperbole has a negative effect on me,


    Ah, you equate passion with demagoguery, I see. Don't worry, I'm not Hitler. - I'm just Huey Long reincarnate.

    and destroys your arguements
    The manner in which a statement is portrayed has nothing to do with its veracity. Hyperbole, in itself, "destroys" nothing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Anti-Crank AlexG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,810
    The manner in which a statement is portrayed has nothing to do with its veracity.
    The manner in which a statement is delivered has everything to do with who listens. If you're just talking to hear yourself talk, than both what you say and how you say it are immaterial.
    Its the way nature is!
    If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
    To another universe, where the rules are simpler
    Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
    Prof Richard Feynman (1979) .....

    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    I tend to preach to the choir when I talk or type. I can't change the minds of those unwilling to listen. I've tried being polite, it doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    try again
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    I don't take orders. No offense, good Sir.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope sculptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,211
    just a recomendation
    you've heard the old expression
    you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

    Being polite don't cost you anything.
    And, it's a damned good habit.

    Have you ever watched the exceptionally polite members of the British parliment trashing each other so politely?
    There is a lot of humor there.
    mikepotter84 likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Anti-Crank AlexG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,810
    I tend to preach to the choir when I talk or type.
    A singularly useless audience to address.

    I can't change the minds of those unwilling to listen.
    The trick of good rhetoric is to get them to want to listen.
    Its the way nature is!
    If you dont like it, go somewhere else....
    To another universe, where the rules are simpler
    Philosophically more pleasing, more psychologically easy
    Prof Richard Feynman (1979) .....

    Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    No. This is what America needs to be talking about
    No, it isn't.

    What American needs to be talking about is why we've allowed our government to usurp more power than ever before, why we're almost universally hated by the world at large, why the educational system of the world's most powerful nation is below almost every other first world country, why we need to be concerned about environmental changes...

    What we do NOT need to be discussing is why the Republican party is racist and black people shouldn't be members. We shouldn't be discussing that because it isn't true.

    This back and forth rhetoric is so played out. It was the primary reason there was no chance I could vote for McCain. He had Palin tagging along doing everything in her power to light up Twitter and be a media darling. It was literally painful for me to watch our election decay into the pointless, and often witless, banter that we seem to thrive upon.

    The issues that we NEED to discuss are almost NEVER the issues the two parties tell us are the issues we need to discuss. Why? Because getting us focused on things that are actually important means rocking the boat. It means they would actually have to start working for a living. It means disruption of the status quo. We certainly can't have that.
    icewendigo and sculptor like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    No, it isn't.
    YES, it most certainly IS. Racist policies of the past inform decisions today, which affect the economy. Welfare and educational cuts once aimed primarily at minorities are being aimed now at the middle class as well. We can't change as a nation until we acknowledge the past and how and why it informs the present. Sugar coating issues gets us nowhere.

    But I agree with you that we need to discuss the issues you've mentioned as well.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    I'm not good at math.

    Besides, hyperbole is good for dramatic effect. I'll need it if I go into politics.
    Gross hyperbole makes people appear like they don't have a grip on reality, nor can be engaged in reasonable conversation. I hope that's not the case.

    --
    There's lots of reasons for some blacks to be republican...those who hold with traditional religious values...those who believe people should find their way to success without indignity of extra help based on racial identity from strangers...those who think the division of federal and state responsibilities actually mean something.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Gross hyperbole makes people appear like they don't have a grip on reality
    Luckily this isn't true in my case.

    There's lots of reasons for some blacks to be republican...those who hold with traditional religious values...those who believe people should find their way to success without indignity of extra help based on racial identity from strangers...those who think the division of federal and state responsibilities actually mean something.
    1.) Who decides what "traditional values" means? This is another problem with Conservatives; they often feel they have a direct hotline to God and that all others will rot in Hell. This is not a good reason to become a Republican.

    2.)I do not feel that states deserve any special rights of their own. This only serves to create conflict. Take the legalization of marijuana in California, for example. It pits the Feds against the state because it isn't legal nationwide. Let's function as one country, one Union. We've seen what happens when states want to play by their own rules. It isn't pretty.

    3.) No help means no Medicare, no Social Security and no financial aid...only tends to work for the wealthy few...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Gross hyperbole makes people appear like they don't have a grip on reality
    Luckily this isn't true in my case.
    I'm not so sure. While you are conversant you assume a lot of things are inherently good or bad without seeming to appreciate the considerable gray in nearly any set of issues--your very response suggest this.

    [
    1.) Who decides what "traditional values" means?
    Prominent denominations have considerable overlap over social issues--you might not agree with them (I certainly don't), but it would be hard to ignore.


    2.)I do not feel that states deserve any special rights of their own.
    I'd simply suggest your in direct conflict with our Constitution, where the federal government was intended to be bound to a pretty narrow set of important issues--most of them identified explicitly--and leaving everything else to the states.

    Take the legalization of marijuana in California, for example. It pits the Feds against the state because it isn't legal nationwide. Let's function as one country, one Union. We've seen what happens when states want to play by their own rules. It isn't pretty.
    A good example, but not in the way you think it is. The real issue is if the fed should control pot at all--they probably shouldn't.

    3.) No help means no Medicare, no Social Security and no financial aid...only tends to work for the wealthy few...
    And? You see, these are those things you seem to infer are automatically good and should be supported by all. I'd probably either get rid of altogether or make major revisions for all of them--as would many people including some blacks.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    And? You see, these are those things you seem to infer are automatically good and should be supported by all.
    Wow...just wow...whatever you are, you are certainly no Liberal...

    Why We Need Social Security
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    And? You see, these are those things you seem to infer are automatically good and should be supported by all.
    Wow...just wow...whatever you are, you are certainly no Liberal...

    Why We Need Social Security
    An old story full of false assumptions now as it was ten years ago. It argues from the presumption of a false dichotomy as if nothing would replace social security--not state programs, business models as parts of employment packages, nor individual initiative. For example, many, if not all, of the reductions in elderly poverty, would have happened simply by US growing economy since its creation even if social security had never been established. As it is now, it is unsustainable in its current form, is an insult to our Constitutional ideas and would be better off being replaced by something akin to the national health law, where people are penalized unless they invest in private forms of insurance and retirement plans.

    In principle I'm against any taking of money for functions not specified in the Constitution, and against direct payments to individuals other than those who directly work or worked for the federal government (a fractionally smaller number of our population as the decades past)--yes I'm not a liberal on this area. (I am on most social issues).

    Is this an argument for black republicans--I don't know--probably not a big factor. Though I'm sure at least some successful blacks have looked at the huge parts of their income taken away for social security that they could have made better use of. Also, those good at math, should realize that because Afro-Americans tend to live among the shortest lifetimes, social security is inherently one of the most regressive system ever devised--that alone should mean loathing from blacks towards the program.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    prejudiced views of the republicans
    I do happen to be biased concerning civil rights...I'm in favor of them.
    Happy to hear that. I think most people are. What is your point?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,440
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    as if nothing would replace social security--not state programs
    I can imagine states like Texas, Arizona and South Carolina not replacing it at all or replacing it with a shoddy alternative in order to save money.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    as if nothing would replace social security--not state programs
    I can imagine states like Texas, Arizona and South Carolina not replacing it at all or replacing it with a shoddy alternative in order to save money.
    IT IS A FEDERAL PROGRAM! NOT A STATE PROGRAM.geez....you go into my iggie
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    as if nothing would replace social security--not state programs
    I can imagine states like Texas, Arizona and South Carolina not replacing it at all or replacing it with a shoddy alternative in order to save money.
    IT IS A FEDERAL PROGRAM! NOT A STATE PROGRAM.geez....you go into my iggie
    I was referring to what would happen if the federal program were dismantled. Read the above posts before replying next time. What the hell is an "iggie"?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    as if nothing would replace social security--not state programs
    I can imagine states like Texas, Arizona and South Carolina not replacing it at all or replacing it with a shoddy alternative in order to save money.
    IT IS A FEDERAL PROGRAM! NOT A STATE PROGRAM.geez....you go into my iggie
    I was referring to what would happen if the federal program were dismantle. Read the above posts before replying next time. What the hell is an "iggie"?
    *smile* I did. It means that you are a person whose posts I shall not read, or respond to. You are in my iggie bin. Bye Bye
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    That would bother me if you ever had anything of substance to contribute to the forum. As things stand, however, goodbye and good riddance. Also, as a little piece of parting advice, please learn some reading comprehension skills...it may help you in the future...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    No, it isn't.
    YES, it most certainly IS. Racist policies of the past inform decisions today, which affect the economy. Welfare and educational cuts once aimed primarily at minorities are being aimed now at the middle class as well. We can't change as a nation until we acknowledge the past and how and why it informs the present. Sugar coating issues gets us nowhere.
    First of all, this isn't the issue you brought up,

    Do we need to go after racist policies? Absolutely.

    Do we need to talk about why black people are Republicans? No.

    Along the lines of not sugar coating the issue, we need to avoid the partisan diatribes that get in the way of the actual conversation. This isn't about a party. The problem is systemic.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Mike, your method of political analysis is very superficial and consists mainly of stereotyping and pigeon-holing. All Republicans are racists. Rich people don't work hard and earn their money. They sip champagne, eat caviar, and exploit the working class. All blacks are members of the lower class. Therefore they have to be Democrats. They can't possibly be entrepreneurs or have any wealth they want to hold on to. They all have to be liberals, and think just like you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    The top 25% wage earners pay 87% of federal income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 2.25%. Who are the leeches?
    How much of their income do the bottom 50% of earners have left to pay for food, rent or their childrens clothes when they've paid their tax?
    Yet many of the top 25% of earners won't ever have to worry about such things when they paid their tax.


    Also how much of the county's money are the top 25% taking? far more than the bottom 50%, so if earners could be likened to leeches and a country's money blood then certainly the top 25% of earners would be much bigger leeches than the bottom 50%.

    But forget that, the real point is quite simple, the top 25% have all the benefits and luxuries that accompany wealth and thus also have the responsibilites to support the bottom 50%, through the tax system, who are used by the top 25% to help make most of their money.

    It's a symbiotic relationship, without poor people there cannot be rich people and without rich people their cannot be poor people, thus the rich have a resposibility to the poor for allowing them to be rich. Equally the poor can and should expect that the rich should pay to help support them, through taxation, because if there weren't any rich people then they wouldn't be poor.

    It's about fairness and rights & responsibilities.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Also, as a little piece of parting advice, please learn some reading comprehension skills...it may help you in the future...
    .
    babe likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    Mike, your method of political analysis is very superficial and consists mainly of stereotyping and pigeon-holing. All Republicans are racists. Rich people don't work hard and earn their money. They sip champagne, eat caviar, and exploit the working class. All blacks are members of the lower class. Therefore they have to be Democrats. They can't possibly be entrepreneurs or have any wealth they want to hold on to. They all have to be liberals, and think just like you.
    While I agree with this, I can't click 'like' until I ask whether your previous statement...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    The top 25% wage earners pay 87% of federal income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 2.25%. Who are the leeches?
    ... takes into account people who live well under the poverty line, are elderly and do not work, or cannot work due to medical conditions or disability being in that bottom 50%?

    Does it also mean taking into account that many of those people who have become top earners have done so at the expense of the lower class? Leeches can be a broadly defined term. An American company, for instance, which profits from American consumers and our economy, but bases itself elsewhere as to avoid American taxes.
    sculptor likes this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Ascended Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,370
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Pretty self-explanatory...


    How? Why?
    I agree with Flick, why not? After all politics seems to have a lot more really to do with your socioeconomic status than ethnicity. Their are plenty of wealthy black Americans. What I do think though is if you have got rich black Republicans they can't really appeal to the masses of black Americans living below or close to the poverty line.
    Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it. - confucius
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    All Republicans are racists. Rich people don't work hard and earn their money. They sip champagne, eat caviar, and exploit the working class. All blacks are members of the lower class. Therefore they have to be Democrats. They can't possibly be entrepreneurs or have any wealth they want to hold on to. They all have to be liberals, and think just like you.
    I am very careful never to use the term "all". I never even hinted the all blacks are members of "the lower class" (a term which is derogatory, by the way as it indicates inferiority and which I despise) or that all wealthy people were greedy assholes. I brought up the fact that greed and racism are HUGE problems in this country.

    Also, I personally believe that if more people were liberal, the world would be a much better place.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    New here but:

    I personally believe that if you let people decide most things for themselves, and not use military and police force to force arbitrary laws on them, thing would be about the best we can make them. The only legitimate laws are those that keep people from hurting other people and don't unduly take away individual rights in order to do so.
    The fact that you support the creation of government policies which are designed to help members of one particular race is in and of itself racist. Treating anyone different because of race is racism.
    Then there's the fact that the government has proven itself to be completely inept at these kinds of programs, far, far worse than private organizations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Pretty self-explanatory...How? Why?
    Until recently most African Americans used to be Republicans. They will come home when they get tired of all the problems and pain that comes from being dependent upon and servants of government. When their values, morals and desire for freedom return they will break the shackles that hold them to the democrat party and return to the republican party.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Until recently most African Americans used to be Republicans.
    Uhmmm...no.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzales56 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Pretty self-explanatory...How? Why?
    Until recently most African Americans used to be Republicans. .
    If you mean recently, about 50 years ago......
    mikepotter84 likes this.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,822
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    All Republicans are racists. Rich people don't work hard and earn their money. They sip champagne, eat caviar, and exploit the working class. All blacks are members of the lower class. Therefore they have to be Democrats. They can't possibly be entrepreneurs or have any wealth they want to hold on to. They all have to be liberals, and think just like you.
    I am very careful never to use the term "all". I never even hinted the all blacks are members of "the lower class" (a term which is derogatory, by the way as it indicates inferiority and which I despise)
    You certainly did hint at it, as you said the mistreatment of poor and middle class is a reason why blacks should not be republican. Why mention poor and middle class in a discussion about blacks, unless you are stereotyping them as such? Yes, it's derogatory, so why do you do it?
    or that all wealthy people were greedy assholes. I brought up the fact that greed and racism are HUGE problems in this country.
    Nope. You stereotyped rich people as greedy champagne sippers.
    Also, I personally believe that if more people were liberal, the world would be a much better place.
    I gathered as much.
    mikepotter84 likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #54  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    You stereotyped rich people as greedy champagne sippers
    By saying that, I didn't mean to imply that they all were. Yes, that was just a generalization.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #55  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    No, it isn't.
    YES, it most certainly IS. Racist policies of the past inform decisions today, which affect the economy. Welfare and educational cuts once aimed primarily at minorities are being aimed now at the middle class as well. We can't change as a nation until we acknowledge the past and how and why it informs the present. Sugar coating issues gets us nowhere.
    First of all, this isn't the issue you brought up,

    Do we need to go after racist policies? Absolutely.

    Do we need to talk about why black people are Republicans? No.

    Along the lines of not sugar coating the issue, we need to avoid the partisan diatribes that get in the way of the actual conversation. This isn't about a party. The problem is systemic.
    Thank you
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #56  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    we need to avoid the partisan diatribes
    Don't read me the wrong way. I complain a lot but I am willing to compromise at the end of the day.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #57  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Why not?
    Because most black Americans live in poverty, are working poor, or are lower middle class, and when you vote republican you stab these black Americans in the back.

    Republicans are against welfare for black Americans that live in poverty.
    Republicans are against high min. wage laws for black workers.
    Republicans are against earned income tax credits for lower middle class black Americans.

    Republicans are against giving health insurance to all black Americans.
    Republicans are against the government helping black home foreclosure victims.
    Republicans fight to cut funding for school lunches in black grammar schools.

    And I could list (many) more ways republicans hurt black Americans.


    The republican party also constantly harasses black voters.
    http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...election-laws/
    Michael Tomasky on How the GOP Plans to Block the Black Vote - The Daily Beast


    And then consider the majority of white Southern republicans call black people "stupid nig--rs."
    Last edited by chad; July 3rd, 2013 at 02:03 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #58  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Pretty self-explanatory...


    How? Why?
    I can think of the following reasons.

    1. Scientists call the republican party a "corporate propaganda group." Perhaps some black republicans are susceptible to joining and following propaganda groups (just like white republicans are.)

    2. Perhaps some black republicans are susceptible to idolizing and protecting the rich (just like white republicans are.)

    3. Perhaps some black republicans desire to impress white men, so they join the republicans to impress white men.

    4. Perhaps some black republicans are retarded and/or mentally sick.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #59  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by Harold14370 View Post
    The top 25% wage earners pay 87% of federal income taxes. The bottom 50% pay 2.25%. Who are the leeches?

    Why do you equate blacks with poor and middle class?

    What is your evidence of racism in the Republican party?

    Americans who make $100,000 a year have a 30% federal tax rate.
    And American billionaires have a 1% to 17% federal tax rate.

    Obama: Billionaires and millionaires should pay more taxes - Dec. 7, 2011

    Warren Buffett, Secretary Debbie Bosanek Discuss Tax Rate Inequality in Interview - YouTube



    And science says republicans are racists.

    Multiple Scientific Studies Confirm: Extreme Conservatism Linked To Racism And Low I.Q. - Americans Against the Tea Party
    Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism


    I apologize if I was rude but republicans are hurting poor and middle class Americans. And republicans are threatening the stability of Americas federal government by the deficits and national debt they create with trillions of dollars in supply side tax cuts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #60  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Why not?
    Because most black Americans live in poverty, are working poor, or are lower middle class, and when you vote republican you stab these black Americans in the back.

    Republicans are against welfare for black Americans that live in poverty.
    Republicans are against high min. wage laws for black workers.
    Republicans are against earned income tax credits for lower middle class black Americans.

    Republicans are against giving health insurance to all black Americans.
    Republicans are against the government helping black home foreclosure victims.
    Republicans fight to cut funding for school lunches in black grammar schools.

    And I could list (many) more ways republicans hurt black Americans.


    The republican party also constantly harasses black voters.
    Florida Republicans Admit Voter Suppression Was The Goal Of New Election Laws | ThinkProgress
    Michael Tomasky on How the GOP Plans to Block the Black Vote - The Daily Beast


    And then consider the majority of white Southern republicans call black people "stupid nig--rs."
    look at what these policies actually do, and how bad they actually make things, then try again. for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct1Moeaa-W8

    And saying that your opponent is racist is just an ad hominim attack meant to distract. It isn't about race, and by saying it is, you are merely showing your own racism.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #61  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    The dims kidnapped god at last summer's convention, and ever since the Repubs have been the devil's incarnation.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #62  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Really? I thought they had Nietzche assasinate him.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #63  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Really? I thought they had Nietzche assasinate him.
    He was referring to the humiliating moment at the Democratic convention when they tried to add god to the party platform and take a vote, but it became clear that there was a large number of delegates who didn't want it added--perhaps even the majority who were opposed. They ignored the opposition and adopted it anyhow.

    Democrats Add God, Jerusalem To Party Platform - YouTube
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  65. #64  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    interesting. If it gets them votes, I can understand why they did it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  66. #65  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Why not?
    look at what these policies actually do, and how bad they actually make things, then try again. for example:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct1Moeaa-W8

    And saying that your opponent is racist is just an ad hominim attack meant to distract. It isn't about race, and by saying it is, you are merely showing your own racism.
    Republicans are against raising min wage laws.
    But republicans want 0% tax rates on dividends, so billionaires will get 0% federal tax rates.
    Do you honestly think this is normal behavior?


    And its science that says republicans are racists.

    Multiple Scientific Studies Confirm: Extreme Conservatism Linked To Racism And Low I.Q. - Americans Against the Tea Party
    Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice, Racism, Conservatism
    Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand? | Psychology Today



    Then you said "you are merely showing your own racism."
    Would you please explain how I am a racist?

    How am I a racist?
    Last edited by chad; July 3rd, 2013 at 06:22 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  67. #66  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    First, watch the video in the minimum wage link in post #60. Then show that republicans want 0% tax rates on dividends.
    And the links only show that SOME republicans are racist. Then again, some democrats are racist too (think black panthers intimidating people outside of voting booths). Both sides support racist policies. Both sides support stupid policies that hurt people because they make decisions based on emotions, with no logic.
    But labeling one political party as racist, stupid, etc. is just an Ad Hominim attack. This is especially true when the report you use to back it up is from a severely biased source like "Americans against the Tea Party".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  68. #67  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    First, watch the video in the minimum wage link in post #60. Then show that republicans want 0% tax rates on dividends.
    And the links only show that SOME republicans are racist. Then again, some democrats are racist too (think black panthers intimidating people outside of voting booths). Both sides support racist policies. Both sides support stupid policies that hurt people because they make decisions based on emotions, with no logic.
    But labeling one political party as racist, stupid, etc. is just an Ad Hominim attack. This is especially true when the report you use to back it up is from a severely biased source like "Americans against the Tea Party".

    Do you honestly not know that republicans want 0% tax rates on dividends?

    BUSH BUDGET PLAN WOULD ELIMINATE TAX ON DIVIDENDS - NYTimes.com
    http://roadmap.republicans.budget.ho.../?IssueID=8514
    http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/21/politics/21TAX.html



    Republicans want to eliminate taxes on the rich from every angle.

    Five GOP Presidential Candidates Have Proposed Eliminating Capital Gains Tax, A $1 Trillion Giveaway To The Rich | ThinkProgress



    And since you are avoiding answering my question and explaining how I am a racist, let me say this "I am not a racist, I am a anti-racist."

    Chad.
    Last edited by chad; July 3rd, 2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  69. #68  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    [QUOTE=chad;436746]

    And since you are avoiding answering my question and explaining how I am a racist, let me say this "I am not a racist, I am a anti-racist."

    Chad.
    You are not a racist. Repubs are not a race. You just maybe were taken out of the oven too soon, or have not evolved to the level of the low IQ Repubs. Else how could you explain that they are rich and you are suffering from their dominance. How did someone so inferior to you ever get so far ahead?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  70. #69  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    First, watch the video in the minimum wage link in post #60. Then show that republicans want 0% tax rates on dividends.
    And the links only show that SOME republicans are racist. Then again, some democrats are racist too (think black panthers intimidating people outside of voting booths). Both sides support racist policies. Both sides support stupid policies that hurt people because they make decisions based on emotions, with no logic.
    But labeling one political party as racist, stupid, etc. is just an Ad Hominim attack. This is especially true when the report you use to back it up is from a severely biased source like "Americans against the Tea Party".

    Do you honestly not know that republicans want 0% tax rates on dividends?

    BUSH BUDGET PLAN WOULD ELIMINATE TAX ON DIVIDENDS - NYTimes.com
    Tax Reforms | A Roadmap for America's Future | The Budget Committee Republicans
    House G.O.P. Leaders Agree to Eliminate Dividend Tax - NYTimes.com



    Republicans want to eliminate taxes on the rich from every angle.

    Five GOP Presidential Candidates Have Proposed Eliminating Capital Gains Tax, A $1 Trillion Giveaway To The Rich | ThinkProgress



    And since you are avoiding answering my question and explaining how I am a racist, let me say this "I am not a racist, I am a anti-racist."

    Chad.
    The first and third links are 10 years old, and therefore have no bearing on current policy. The second shows nothing. The fourth is from an obviously biased source and therefore cannot be considered neutral or fair.

    Do you support any law or policy that takes into consideration a persons race before deciding how to treat them (welfare, Affirmative action, etc.)? You have been using race to support your arguments, and most who say "X policy is targeting black people" are in favor of making the policies that HELP those people. Maybe you aren't racist, but most people who argue like you are ARE racist, so I may have wrongly assumed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  71. #70  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    The first and third links are 10 years old, and therefore have no bearing on current policy. The second shows nothing. The fourth is from an obviously biased source and therefore cannot be considered neutral or fair.

    Do you support any law or policy that takes into consideration a persons race before deciding how to treat them (welfare, Affirmative action, etc.)? You have been using race to support your arguments, and most who say "X policy is targeting black people" are in favor of making the policies that HELP those people. Maybe you aren't racist, but most people who argue like you are ARE racist, so I may have wrongly assumed.

    In 2012 Mitt Romney wanted to eliminate taxes on interest, dividends, and capital gains (giving billionaires 0% federal tax rates.)

    Romney pitches tax plan details that favor the wealthy - CBS News




    On a separate note,

    "Recent scientific evidence suggests that the idea of race is a biological myth, as outdated as the widely held medieval belief that the sun revolved around the earth. Anthropologists, biologists and geneticists have increasingly found that, biologically speaking; there is no such thing as "race.""

    RACE - The Power of an Illusion | Press Release


    Perhaps instead of using the word "race", you should say "ethnic groups" ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  72. #71  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    [QUOTE=chad;436761[QUOTE}


    Perhaps instead of using the word "race", you should say "ethnic groups" ?[/QUOTE]ROFL, ....you check post #65...you were the first to use the word.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  73. #72  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    [QUOTE=sampson;436751]
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post

    And since you are avoiding answering my question and explaining how I am a racist, let me say this "I am not a racist, I am a anti-racist."

    Chad.
    You are not a racist. Repubs are not a race. You just maybe were taken out of the oven too soon, or have not evolved to the level of the low IQ Repubs. Else how could you explain that they are rich and you are suffering from their dominance. How did someone so inferior to you ever get so far ahead?

    Personally I believe both liberals and conservatives have important things to offer.

    If US conservatives would realize tax cuts for the rich do (not) increase government revenues, if they would realize global warming is happening, and if they respected the poor as much as they respect the rich (then no one would be inferior.)

    Chad.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  74. #73  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Interesting link. Eliminating those taxes would help retirees and some middle class, but would help the rich more. Personally, I'd either go with a flat sales tax or a tax like Herman Cain's 9-9-9. That way taxes would be the same for all, regardless of income.

    Race or Ethnic group is just arguing semantics, as they are essentially the same connotativly. Would you rather me refer to people as ethnicgroupists? It doesn't really matter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  75. #74  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    [QUOTE=chad;436772][QUOTE=sampson;436751]
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post

    And since you are avoiding answering my question and explaining how I am a racist, let me say this "I am not a racist, I am a anti-racist."

    Chad.
    You are not a racist. Repubs are not a race. You just maybe were taken out of the oven too soon, or have not evolved to the level of the low IQ Repubs. Else how could you explain that they are rich and you are suffering from their dominance. How did someone so inferior to you ever get so far ahead?
    Personally I believe both liberals and conservatives have important things to offer. Y

    If US conservatives would realize tax cuts for the rich do (not) increase government revenues, if they would realize global warming is happening, and if they respected the poor as much as they respect the rich (then no one would be inferior.)

    Chad. [QUOTE]
    You and mp84 have to have good reverse gears to survive on this forum. These folks are too sharp to fall for your bigoted posts. Now, continue backing up.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  76. #75  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    [QUOTE=sampson;436769]
    Quote Originally Posted by chad;436761[QUOTE}


    Perhaps instead of using the word "race", you should say "ethnic groups" ?[/QUOTE
    ROFL, ....you check post #65...you were the first to use the word.

    Actually I did not use the word "race", I used the word "racist" in post #65.
    And I was not the first person to use the word "racist."


    But I do see your point.

    What word should I have used instead of racist?
    (Really)

    Chad.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  77. #76  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    These folks are too sharp
    Lol...I wouldn't go that far...

    Now, continue backing up
    Oh HELL no.

    Personally I believe both liberals and conservatives have important things to offer
    This I can agree with..to an extent...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  78. #77  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by sampson View Post
    If US conservatives would realize tax cuts for the rich do (not) increase government revenues, if they would realize global warming is happening, and if they respected the poor as much as they respect the rich (then no one would be inferior.)
    That's just part of the argument, but misses the real point with conservatives....we don't want the federal government to have more revenue---we want the fed government to do less, particularly those things that states and local governments often do better as well as deny the federal government the ability to essentially bribe states into doing thing one way by denying them federal help if they don't honor contingencies on bills.

    Conservatives honor the poor by respecting their ability to earn their own way in the world, unconstrained by federal ideas of what the perfect education looks like, the perfect health care or health insurance plan. As a conservative myself, the only issue I have with the republican party is the increasingly hard cold-hearted edge that doesn't' account for people who don't have the mental or physical ability to do well and really do need help. On other other hand, it's no worse than the idealistic world of many liberals who think handouts don't create generational dependence as well as disgracing many with there one-size-fits all solutions.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  79. #78  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Interesting link. Eliminating those taxes would help retirees and some middle class, but would help the rich more. Personally, I'd either go with a flat sales tax or a tax like Herman Cain's 9-9-9. That way taxes would be the same for all, regardless of income.

    Race or Ethnic group is just arguing semantics, as they are essentially the same connotativly. Would you rather me refer to people as ethnicgroupists? It doesn't really matter.
    The republican "Flat Tax" raises taxes on the poor and middle class and it lowers taxes on the rich.

    http://www.ctj.org/pdf/perryflattaxfairtax.pdf


    Why do you want someone making $20,000 a year, to have the same tax rate as someone making $2,000,000,000 a year?

    When someone makes $20,000 dollars a year they need every cent they can get, and when someone makes $2,000,000,000 a year they can afford a higher tax rate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  80. #79  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Conservatives honor the poor by respecting their ability to earn their own way in the world, unconstrained by federal ideas of what the perfect education looks like, the perfect health care or health insurance plan. As a conservative myself, the only issue I have with the republican party is the increasingly hard cold-hearted edge that doesn't' account for people who don't have the mental or physical ability to do well and really do need help. On other other hand, it's no worse than the idealistic world of many liberals who think handouts don't create generational dependence as well as disgracing many with there one-size-fits all solutions.
    Respecting it, meanwhile making it less and less true. Continually moving international policy to allow factories to be set up in any place that workers are still allowed to be abused. So now our less abused workers will need to compete with horribly abused workers.

    All the while telling ourselves that we're lessening the degree to which those foreign workers will be abused - even though our actions reinforce the very system of abuse by giving the wealthy and abusive task masters more money to buy guards and soldiers. Or maybe we tell ourselves their abuse would be worse without us? (The truth being more likely that their task masters would be the ones who were poorer.)
    Some clocks are only right twice a day, but they are still right when they are right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  81. #80  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Interesting link. Eliminating those taxes would help retirees and some middle class, but would help the rich more. Personally, I'd either go with a flat sales tax or a tax like Herman Cain's 9-9-9. That way taxes would be the same for all, regardless of income.

    Race or Ethnic group is just arguing semantics, as they are essentially the same connotativly. Would you rather me refer to people as ethnicgroupists? It doesn't really matter.
    The republican "Flat Tax" raises taxes on the poor and middle class and it lowers taxes on the rich.

    http://www.ctj.org/pdf/perryflattaxfairtax.pdf


    Why do you want someone making $20,000 a year, to have the same tax rate as someone making $2,000,000,000 a year?

    When someone makes $20,000 dollars a year they need every cent they can get, and when someone makes $2,000,000,000 a year they can afford a higher tax rate.
    I don't know, maybe because it's FAIR? Fair isn't screwing over those who make more in order to give it to those who have less. That punishes those who succeed monetarily. Besides the fact that income tax is unconstitutional in the first place (Today in History: Income Tax Ruled Unconstitutional in Pollock v. Farmers Loan Trust Co. | Tax Foundation , Is Federal Income Tax Unconstitutional?).
    Also, the rich tend to invest money outside the US because of this.
    babe likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  82. #81  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Besides the fact that income tax is unconstitutional in the first place....
    The objections raised in Pollock vs Farms Loan, where remedied with passage of the 16th amendment making the tax Constitutional for the past 100 years.

    I do agree with your point on fairness. The real issue here isn't necessary the tax system, but the huge income disparity of wealth in the US...so high it rivals many unstable nations and has been identified as an indicator of potential civil revolt against the government. The wealthy do pay the vast majority of taxes in the US, but their relative income compared to the poor is even greater then their portion of the tax burden. Which of course leads the question of whether the tax system should be the tool to reduce the disparity or should other means be used.
    Last edited by Lynx_Fox; July 4th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  83. #82  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    You are giving up equality under the law for the attempt at equality of condition, something which is impossible in my opinion because it directly fights biology and human nature.
    The only means of reducing inequality is greater equality through equality of rights and of treatment under the law. Some people will always be superior in some ways to other people. Those who are superior in marketable area earn more because they can do more in that field. Sometimes this is genetic, sometimes this is a matter of learning or experience. And this will always be true as long as there is more than one person.

    Also, the second link dealt with why the 16th amendment doesn't matter.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  84. #83  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by kojax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Conservatives honor the poor by respecting their ability to earn their own way in the world, unconstrained by federal ideas of what the perfect education looks like, the perfect health care or health insurance plan. As a conservative myself, the only issue I have with the republican party is the increasingly hard cold-hearted edge that doesn't' account for people who don't have the mental or physical ability to do well and really do need help. On other other hand, it's no worse than the idealistic world of many liberals who think handouts don't create generational dependence as well as disgracing many with there one-size-fits all solutions.
    Respecting it, meanwhile making it less and less true. Continually moving international policy to allow factories to be set up in any place that workers are still allowed to be abused. So now our less abused workers will need to compete with horribly abused workers.

    All the while telling ourselves that we're lessening the degree to which those foreign workers will be abused - even though our actions reinforce the very system of abuse by giving the wealthy and abusive task masters more money to buy guards and soldiers. Or maybe we tell ourselves their abuse would be worse without us? (The truth being more likely that their task masters would be the ones who were poorer.)
    Top 3 Ways Sweatshops Help The Poor Escape Poverty - YouTube
    Reply With Quote  
     

  85. #84  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Also, the second link dealt with why the 16th amendment doesn't matter.
    It was garbage extensively tested in the courts starting including the tax dodging case against Benson. Wiki does a pretty good job talking about the cases that stemmed from his amateur attempts at tax evading.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_Sixteenth_Amendment_arguments

    -
    -
    Ironically many Americans resolutely disagree with the very types of international business legal standards that would prevent exploitation of developing nations and tax avoidance that hurts American jobs.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  86. #85  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Also, the second link dealt with why the 16th amendment doesn't matter.
    It was garbage extensively tested in the courts starting including the tax dodging case against Benson. Wiki does a pretty good job talking about the cases that stemmed from his amateur attempts at tax evading.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protester_Sixteenth_Amendment_arguments

    -
    -
    Ironically many Americans resolutely disagree with the very types of international business legal standards that would prevent exploitation of developing nations and tax avoidance that hurts American jobs.
    You want policies that help a few Americans (if they don't make the companies shut down or jack up their prices), but hurt more people in third world countries? (Top 3 Ways Sweatshops Help The Poor Escape Poverty - YouTube)

    Also, back on topic, I think Louisiana Senator Elbert Guillory can help explain why some black people are republicans.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KisCn1TyOc
    Reply With Quote  
     

  87. #86  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    You want policies that help a few Americans (if they don't make the companies shut down or jack up their prices), but hurt more people in third world countries? (Top 3 Ways Sweatshops Help The Poor Escape Poverty - YouTube)
    In the context of what I posted I'm not sure why you keep posting that vid. First off my point, was comprehensive international standards wouldn't even allow the comparison between the sweat shop worker making 36 bucks a week and the one who lost her job because of a minimum wage...both factories would be on the same basic standards of pay....as well as safety and other practices. The vid is honestly reprehensible and I'd be a bit worried by anyone who couldn't see through the logic holes, flawed assumptions and moral implications.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  88. #87  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    You want policies that help a few Americans (if they don't make the companies shut down or jack up their prices), but hurt more people in third world countries? (Top 3 Ways Sweatshops Help The Poor Escape Poverty - YouTube)
    In the context of what I posted I'm not sure why you keep posting that vid. First off my point, was comprehensive international standards wouldn't even allow the comparison between the sweat shop worker making 36 bucks a week and the one who lost her job because of a minimum wage...both factories would be on the same basic standards of pay....as well as safety and other practices. The vid is honestly reprehensible and I'd be a bit worried by anyone who couldn't see through the logic holes, flawed assumptions and moral implications.
    Do you know anything about economics? Did you even watch the video? The point is that any job is better than no job when you don't have enough to live on. Also, no one works at these "sweatshops" unless it is the best place to work for the money they would make (in their opinion). I've also posted a video on how minimum wage hurts people.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  89. #88  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Do you know anything about economics? Did you even watch the video?
    A bit and yes. Did you read my comment? The best of two horrible choices doesn't make a good thing. And as I said before lack of standards for wages and working conditions are driving this--which the film completely ignores. He does the equavalent of talking about the goodness of 19th century limb amputation "because it's better than dying from gangreen," while completely ignoring modern antibiotics.

    I also doesn't get into the horrid reality of resource exploitation by multi-national corporations in the developing world. An example I often use, because I was there for a year, is tens of billions of dollars of oil being pumped out from under under the ancestral homes of Marsh Arabs, often severely polluting their waterways, while they don't have money to buy shoes, or electrical power, or clean water or the most basic preventative meds for numerous illnesses. (and we wonder why some of them are terrorist and hate the West...well duh!) Lack of international standards allows this to happen all over the world and is directly related to many of our terror problems, much like unregulated wage and work conditions of the late 19th century toppled capitalist democracies in Europe and once threatened the US. This is much bigger than an economic issue--it's a matter of international security across the globe.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  90. #89  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    What is a "Black"?

    Is Charlize Theron a Black because she's from Africa? OR does she not qualify because her skin pigments dont meet the official light absorbtion parameter?
    How does that work?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  91. #90  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by icewendigo View Post
    What is a "Black"?

    Is Charlize Theron a Black because she's from Africa? OR does she not qualify because her skin pigments dont meet the official light absorbtion parameter?
    How does that work?
    She's African. Black is a color, not a cultural thing (despite some attempts by politicians in the past to sully the names of political opponents who may have had African ancestry).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  92. #91  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Do you know anything about economics? Did you even watch the video?
    A bit and yes. Did you read my comment? The best of two horrible choices doesn't make a good thing. And as I said before lack of standards for wages and working conditions are driving this--which the film completely ignores. He does the equavalent of talking about the goodness of 19th century limb amputation "because it's better than dying from gangreen," while completely ignoring modern antibiotics.

    I also doesn't get into the horrid reality of resource exploitation by multi-national corporations in the developing world. An example I often use, because I was there for a year, is tens of billions of dollars of oil being pumped out from under under the ancestral homes of Marsh Arabs, often severely polluting their waterways, while they don't have money to buy shoes, or electrical power, or clean water or the most basic preventative meds for numerous illnesses. (and we wonder why some of them are terrorist and hate the West...well duh!) Lack of international standards allows this to happen all over the world and is directly related to many of our terror problems, much like unregulated wage and work conditions of the late 19th century toppled capitalist democracies in Europe and once threatened the US. This is much bigger than an economic issue--it's a matter of international security across the globe.

    It's more about letting people earn some money to live on. (watch the minimum wage video by the same channel) I don't think they should pollute the area, but that's not the issue. International standards only serves to increase the size of the governments, which hurts people in the long run by taking away far more rights.
    You say "He does the equavalent of talking about the goodness of 19th century limb amputation "because it's better than dying from gangreen," while completely ignoring modern antibiotics." but what is the anti-biotic? Your post seems to say that money (wealth) is it, but money can't simply just be created at will. It is the result of the use of resources to produce goods or services. Dictating that people must be paid X amount of money only means that anyone who can't create more than that in profit for the company won't get hired or will be fired.
    So which is better for a person in a third world country, being paid $1 an hour and having to live with a roommate to get by, or not having a job because the minimum wage is $1.50 and you only do $1.25 worth of work for the company?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  93. #92  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepotter84 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by icewendigo View Post
    What is a "Black"?

    Is Charlize Theron a Black because she's from Africa? OR does she not qualify because her skin pigments dont meet the official light absorbtion parameter?
    How does that work?
    She's African. Black is a color, not a cultural thing (despite some attempts by politicians in the past to sully the names of political opponents who may have had African ancestry).
    Im sorry, I m not sure understand the answer, I read a couple of time and conclude the answer is that it's based on color afterall? So if Charlize Theron were(was? sorry for the grammar) a Republican, then she would not be what you guys call a "Black" Republican?
    Right?
    So a Nigerian Albino would be what you guys call "White"? Does that mean that an African american whose parents are considered to be of the label category Black, but who's skin is "white" because he happens to be an Albino, join the KKK?
    What is confusing for the non initiated, is where is that line drawn in the various shades of sand color to light brown to dark brown to nearly black to totally black? Does getting a sun tan, if the skin gets dark enough, make someone eligible during the summer to be a "black" Republican? and, was Micheal Jackson no longer eligible to be a Black Republican later in his career since he kind of lost some pigmentation there along the way?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  94. #93  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    344
    You've brought up some interesting hypotheticals...I would consider an albino black a black and an albino white a white (shape of the nose and skeletal structure can often indicate ethnicity). Getting a tan usually gives one a brown, not black color. It is more complicated with mixed race people...they can choose to be whatever they'd like to be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  95. #94  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    Black is a color naturally, and we are all AFRICANO, genetically, like it or not. If American we are all African American. Even in the strictly native cultures that more recently Asian. Just depends on how far back you want to claim your heritage.
    mikepotter84 likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  96. #95  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    I think black people join the republican party to show it can be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    International standards only serves to increase the size of the governments, which hurts people in the long run by taking away far more rights.
    You seem to operate off the assumption that all regulation is bad. And it appears that you only believe that because you watched a film clip where a person with glasses looked at you condescendingly and said so. Anyone can make a film clip. Even wrong people can make film clips.


    You say "He does the equavalent of talking about the goodness of 19th century limb amputation "because it's better than dying from gangreen," while completely ignoring modern antibiotics." but what is the anti-biotic? Your post seems to say that money (wealth) is it, but money can't simply just be created at will. It is the result of the use of resources to produce goods or services.
    Making antibiotics is complicated. So is making good regulations. Just blindly or reflexively regulated everything to the hilt is bad. Just blindly unregulating everything is just as bad.

    One is tyranny. The other is anarchy.
    Lynx_Fox likes this.
    Some clocks are only right twice a day, but they are still right when they are right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  97. #96  
    Forum Senior
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by kojax View Post
    I think black people join the republican party to show it can be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    International standards only serves to increase the size of the governments, which hurts people in the long run by taking away far more rights.
    You seem to operate off the assumption that all regulation is bad. And it appears that you only believe that because you watched a film clip where a person with glasses looked at you condescendingly and said so. Anyone can make a film clip. Even wrong people can make film clips.


    You say "He does the equavalent of talking about the goodness of 19th century limb amputation "because it's better than dying from gangreen," while completely ignoring modern antibiotics." but what is the anti-biotic? Your post seems to say that money (wealth) is it, but money can't simply just be created at will. It is the result of the use of resources to produce goods or services.
    Making antibiotics is complicated. So is making good regulations. Just blindly or reflexively regulated everything to the hilt is bad. Just blindly unregulating everything is just as bad.

    One is tyranny. The other is anarchy.
    I don't want to get rid of regulation. I want to get rid of overregulation. The government has huge numbers of regulations that do nothing to prevent people from harming each other. They do, however, increase cost, decrease supply, or other things, sometimes to the point of actually hurting people.
    For example:
    The government uses tax money to subsidize corn. This causes more to be produced and causes the corn to be cheaper. This means it is cheaper for softdrink manufacturers to put High fructose corn syrup in their drinks than sugar. More calories are necessary to make it taste as sweet, so people get more calories from it. This contributes to obesity.

    The only regulation should be that which prevents people from harming each other.

    And accusing me of believing something "because a guy in glasses said it" is at best an ad hominem attack. Saying that I believe all regulation is bad is a straw man argument. Please use actual logic in your posts instead of fallacies.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  98. #97  
    Forum Junior sampson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    Please use actual logic in your posts instead of fallacies.
    This may be asking too much, it would eliminate the thread.
    TheUnknowable likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  99. #98  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,046
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUnknowable View Post
    I don't want to get rid of regulation. I want to get rid of overregulation. The government has huge numbers of regulations that do nothing to prevent people from harming each other. They do, however, increase cost, decrease supply, or other things, sometimes to the point of actually hurting people.
    For example:
    The government uses tax money to subsidize corn. This causes more to be produced and causes the corn to be cheaper. This means it is cheaper for softdrink manufacturers to put High fructose corn syrup in their drinks than sugar. More calories are necessary to make it taste as sweet, so people get more calories from it. This contributes to obesity.

    The only regulation should be that which prevents people from harming each other.
    Maybe we're more in agreement than I thought.

    Yeah. There is a lot of protectionism in the law these days. I think most of the most annoying restrictions were lobbied by corporations to make trouble for their competitors, actually, rather than actual environmental groups. (Most of the time a corporation will do its lobbying via a proxy "political action group" of which it is the primary donor.)

    If your company is in a better position to comply with a new regulation than your competitor's company is, then lobbying for Congress to pass laws that impose that regulation is a quick way to gain advantage over that competitor.


    For example if you're a car maker and you've just added a new safety feature to your cars, and you know your competitors don't have the infrastructure in place to add it yet. You could lobby to make that feature required by law. Better yet, maybe your company owns the patent and now your competitors will be legally compelled to buy a license from you.


    And accusing me of believing something "because a guy in glasses said it" is at best an ad hominem attack. Saying that I believe all regulation is bad is a straw man argument. Please use actual logic in your posts instead of fallacies.
    That's just because I've watched a few of the videos you've posted. Mostly just a person with glasses who speaks articulately while saying something for which he provides no real evidence.

    However you are correct that it's not fair of me to say that. I'm just trying to taunt you into posting better links.

    ...But I have to admit that ad-hominem won't help with that.
    Some clocks are only right twice a day, but they are still right when they are right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  100. #99  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,773
    Like the Black Republican once Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who circumvented Congress, and personally authorized shipment of thousands of SAMS (Surfact-to-air-Missiles) to Iran, this being a treasonous act in itself, especially in view of the fact that these devices were found being used years later in attempts to shoot down airliners!

    Tell me more about these bullshit Democratic/Republican ideologies! jocular
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 124
    Last Post: September 7th, 2012, 01:13 AM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: May 25th, 2012, 02:17 AM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last Post: February 11th, 2012, 08:18 PM
  4. Republicans are Ignorant
    By gottspieler in forum Politics
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: May 24th, 2011, 01:40 AM
  5. DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    By Time Master in forum In the News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 28th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •