Notices
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 301 to 317 of 317
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: the Right to Vote

  1. #301  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    but the comment does not serve a purpose unless I understand it.
    Oh, I think you do understand it.
    I am sorry, I really do not understand it, please point out the "intellectual dishonesty", I can't improve unless I know what I am doing wrong.
     

  2. #302  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    You still do not get it, I do not suggest any subjugating ...
    Yes you are. You want to disenfranchise the majority because they have a variety of beliefs that you don't share. If they don't get any say in the running of their country and have the will of the minority imposed on them, what would you call it?
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  3. #303  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    but the comment does not serve a purpose unless I understand it.
    Oh, I think you do understand it.
    He has shown before that he is not very bright and has to have simple things explained to him v e r y s l o w l y . . . .

    (That is in post #270, Edward. In case your feeble little brain has forgotten already.)
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  4. #304  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    So if you are not, then you certainly sit on the fence.
    I don't know what fence you think I am sitting on. I am not religious. You are wrong. What else was there?
    Well you obviously approve that a madman that is fighting Gog and Magog should have the right and the privilege to murder a hundred thousand people for no reason at all, does it not occur to you that there maybe some people like myself, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher and George Carlin that do not approve of such atrocities?
     

  5. #305  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    So if you are not, then you certainly sit on the fence.
    I don't know what fence you think I am sitting on. I am not religious. You are wrong. What else was there?
    Well you obviously approve that a madman that is fighting Gog and Magog should have the right and the privilege to murder a hundred thousand people for no reason at all, does it not occur to you that there maybe some people like myself, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher and George Carlin that do not approve of such atrocities?
    I have no idea what that incoherent drivel is supposed to mean. I don't think anyone has the right to kill anyone for any reason. What are Gog and Magog? Magog is a mountain in Wales, isn't it? Or are these some sort of Buddhist saints, or something?

    When I said you were wrong, maybe I should have used something like "insane"? You certainly seem to come out with meaningless, incoherent rants at the least provocation. Forget your medication this morning?
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  6. #306  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    So if you are not, then you certainly sit on the fence.
    I don't know what fence you think I am sitting on. I am not religious. You are wrong. What else was there?
    Well you obviously approve that a madman that is fighting Gog and Magog should have the right and the privilege to murder a hundred thousand people for no reason at all, does it not occur to you that there maybe some people like myself, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher and George Carlin that do not approve of such atrocities?
    I have no idea what that incoherent drivel is supposed to mean. I don't think anyone has the right to kill anyone for any reason. What are Gog and Magog? Magog is a mountain in Wales, isn't it? Or are these some sort of Buddhist saints, or something?

    When I said you were wrong, maybe I should have used something like "insane"? You certainly seem to come out with meaningless, incoherent rants at the least provocation. Forget your medication this morning?
    Well if you don't read what I say you obviously do not understand Gog and Magog, why don't you just simply give me the courtesy and read what I say before you jump into your embarrassing rants.

    For the third time I repeat, please read this: Bush's Shocking Biblical Prophecy Emerges: God Wants to "Erase" Mid-East Enemies "Before a New Age Begins" | Alternet
     

  7. #307  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    Well you obviously approve that a madman that is fighting Gog and Magog should have the right and the privilege to murder a hundred thousand people for no reason at all, does it not occur to you that there maybe some people like myself, Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, Bill Maher and George Carlin that do not approve of such atrocities?
    I have no idea what that incoherent drivel is supposed to mean. I don't think anyone has the right to kill anyone for any reason. What are Gog and Magog? Magog is a mountain in Wales, isn't it? Or are these some sort of Buddhist saints, or something?

    When I said you were wrong, maybe I should have used something like "insane"? You certainly seem to come out with meaningless, incoherent rants at the least provocation. Forget your medication this morning?
    He's appealing to the fallacy of Authority, placing himself among the likes of Dawkins et al, forgetting that Dawkins has refered to the God Delusion without suggesting that religious people be banned from the voting booths.

    Illusions of grandeur, perhaps.

    In the meantime, I'll define intellectual dishonesty, since Strange saw fit to vouch for you, Edward (though I, personally, am not buying it.)

    Making claims that are untrue, supporting your claims by referring back to your claims, misrepresenting what others have posted and treating your claims as fact are all examples of intellectual dishonesty.

    You wrote a blog and you posted it on at least two forums and asked others to read it. I think you were proud of that blog. And I think you expected a better reception than you actually got. Now, you're defending it tooth and nail, unwilling to compromise even a bit, justifying and rationalizing your arguments instead of admitting that your proposal is a failure.
    So, when I said it was a consistent reaction; I meant that you will simply repeat the behavior, instead of examining whether or not your proposal has merit.

    Your proposal is not of sound mind. It's extremist, oppressive, unrealistic, unscientific and absurd.
     

  8. #308  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    113
    [QUOTE=Neverfly;370526][QUOTE=Strange;370522]
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post

    Your proposal is not of sound mind. It's extremist, oppressive, unrealistic, unscientific and absurd.
    I do respect your view, you are not alone on this. There are, however, a lot of people that fully support my effort to make this a better world. You believe it is better to sit back and do nothing - we don't. You are happy watching hundreds of thousands of people die in collateral murder - we don't.
     

  9. #309  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    For the third time I repeat, please read this
    Why on Earth would I want to read about the religious views of an ex-president of a foreign country. Are you claiming that his ideas (whatever they are) are shared by the other 8 billion religious people on Earth? That would be truly bonkers.

    Also, my thinking is this: if you were able to show that your idea is (a) rational (b) fair and (c) practical, you would do that here. You have singularly failed to do so.

    All you do is demonstrate your mental fragility and/or immaturity (maybe you are 14, after all) by exploding in these bizarre accusations of genocide just because people point out that your idea is irrational, undemocratic and would lead to civil unrest. (And that is the good part.)
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  10. #310  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    You wrote a blog and you posted it on at least two forums and asked others to read it. I think you were proud of that blog. And I think you expected a better reception than you actually got. Now, you're defending it tooth and nail, unwilling to compromise even a bit, justifying and rationalizing your arguments instead of admitting that your proposal is a failure.
    Remarkably similar to his hilarious thread about dimensions. Good job his other blog posts are just incredibly dull.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  11. #311  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    You are happy watching hundreds of thousands of people die in collateral murder - we don't.
    Stop throwing around these ridiculous false accusations. It just makes you sound even more immature than your apparent 14 years.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  12. #312  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    I do respect your view, you are not alone on this. There are, however, a lot of people that fully support my effort to make this a better world. You believe it is better to sit back and do nothing - we don't. You are happy watching hundreds of thousands of people die in collateral murder - we don't.
    Christ on a Crutch, speaking of Godwins Law!

    Look, you want to make the world a "Better Place" by Controlling people, telling them what they can and cannot do, what to think, what to believe and yet- you sit there with a straight face telling us that if we disagree with you, "We're baby murderers!"

    The only thing more frightening than this: "my effort to make this a better world." would be if you actually had a half a chance of making it happen.

    You can't force improvement, you cannot 'better' the world by denying the world to the majority of people on it. You can't teach people by thinking for them. Stifling them. Suppressing belief and oppressing them.
     

  13. #313  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    You are happy watching hundreds of thousands of people die in collateral murder - we don't.
    Stop throwing around these ridiculous false accusations. It just makes you sound even more immature than your apparent 14 years.
    Come on, keep going, you are not finished yet, immature imbeciles that have no capacity to form an opinion do keep going on ranting for much longer then that. But don't despair, maybe one day you will grow a tiny little brain, eventually.

    These are not ridiculous false accusations, this is exactly the position that you do defend so desperately and so immaturely, because you don't have the capacity to contemplate what you are saying.
     

  14. #314  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    That's a lot of Ad Hominum attack, there. Is that all you're left with?
     

  15. #315  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edward Wechner View Post
    I do respect your view, you are not alone on this. There are, however, a lot of people that fully support my effort to make this a better world. You believe it is better to sit back and do nothing - we don't. You are happy watching hundreds of thousands of people die in collateral murder - we don't.
    Christ on a Crutch, speaking of Godwins Law!

    Look, you want to make the world a "Better Place" by Controlling people, telling them what they can and cannot do, what to think, what to believe and yet- you sit there with a straight face telling us that if we disagree with you, "We're baby murderers!"

    The only thing more frightening than this: "my effort to make this a better world." would be if you actually had a half a chance of making it happen.

    You can't force improvement, you cannot 'better' the world by denying the world to the majority of people on it. You can't teach people by thinking for them. Stifling them. Suppressing belief and oppressing them.
    We have no intention to control any people more than they are already being controlled now, this is all your fantasy trying to support your objection.

    My point is very clear, evolution will improve the human brain sufficiently to give mankind a chance to survive. There is no persuasion, no force required, we will get smarter, we will prevent collateral murder, and as a result it will be inevitable that religions will disappear from the face of this earth, there is nothing anyone can do to prevent that from happening, the statistical evidence is conclusive (for those who can read it). The question is what can we do to help this transition. We can sit back, play stroppy and arrogant like "Neverfly" and "Strange", for no reason at all but trying to show off their imbecilic persuasion efforts, or be positive and try to assist making this a better world.
     

  16. #316  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverfly View Post
    That's a lot of Ad Hominum attack, there. Is that all you're left with?
    No, I have more.
     

  17. #317  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,309
    Closed for incivility.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
     

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Should felons have the right to vote?
    By imati ozomatli in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 15th, 2012, 10:01 PM
  2. why vote?
    By Crippled in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: September 30th, 2011, 04:07 AM
  3. Potential vote fraud in Ohio.
    By Caligirl in forum Politics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: August 26th, 2008, 04:54 PM
  4. British Only---Vote Liberal Democrats
    By Quantime in forum Politics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: May 19th, 2008, 04:31 PM
  5. Help VOTE for Lightning!!! =)
    By Bruce44 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2007, 01:49 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •