Notices
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: How to Cure Abortion

  1. #1 How to Cure Abortion 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    15
    Yup, another radical thought.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8VMrgGy4nA


    Cessat effectus cessat causa!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,035
    Great, so now the unborn have rights. What about those sperm and eggs. Shall we grant them the right to be fused, and demand that no egg ever be allowed to go to waste rather than used?


    I disagree with killing an intelligent being, such as fetuses become in about the ninth month of pregnancy (the earliest point at which they exhibit the trait of memory).

    However, I have no problem killing a 2 week old fetus, as they have no brain whatsoever, in any sense, until about sometime in the third week when a nervous system begins to emerge.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    GUY
    GUY is offline
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    15
    Obviously there should be a certain point at which you should not be allowed to proceed with an abortion, but I think you are a bit sheltered. What happens to masses of unwanted babies that you are so bravely fighting for, will you adopt them all? Or is it you that is granting them, from birth, an abortion of parents? This world isn’t always a Disney movie and it would in my opinion be worse to throw a baby into a “scary movie”!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,035
    This is the problem with the whole "life is precious" bleeding heart thing in general.

    What happens in a country where genocide is the only economic solution that has any hope of preventing a massive starvation? Is it so much better that all those people should be left alive and destitute?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman GhostoftheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere forgotten by all and lost to all who seek it.
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by kojax
    This is the problem with the whole "life is precious" bleeding heart thing in general.

    What happens in a country where genocide is the only economic solution that has any hope of preventing a massive starvation? Is it so much better that all those people should be left alive and destitute?
    Overpopulation and starvation are problems that affect countries in the world but not America. America has the resources to support more people, there is no mass starvation so there is no main reason.


    Quote Originally Posted by GUY
    Obviously there should be a certain point at which you should not be allowed to proceed with an abortion, but I think you are a bit sheltered. What happens to masses of unwanted babies that you are so bravely fighting for, will you adopt them all? Or is it you that is granting them, from birth, an abortion of parents? This world isn’t always a Disney movie and it would in my opinion be worse to throw a baby into a “scary movie”!
    So is if better for them never to be born? And how do you know that they will all end up horribly. In America you are innocent until you are proven guilty but why does that not apply to the babies who are automatically going to be in trouble. Who has the right to decide who will live and who will die?


    I am against abortion, I don't like the idea of killing people regardless of age. But one of the main reason I don't like it is that it is irresponsible. People don't have to suffer the consequences of their choices, they have a way to opt out and not have to deal with. Some of the mothers can't afford the baby but any life is better than none.
    Judge a person not by what they have but by what they have done with what they have.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    Fetuses are not people, they're potential people. Whether or not they actually become people is up to their creators, the parents.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Time Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    8,035
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostoftheFallen
    Quote Originally Posted by kojax
    This is the problem with the whole "life is precious" bleeding heart thing in general.

    What happens in a country where genocide is the only economic solution that has any hope of preventing a massive starvation? Is it so much better that all those people should be left alive and destitute?
    Overpopulation and starvation are problems that affect countries in the world but not America. America has the resources to support more people, there is no mass starvation so there is no main reason.
    Well, we could feed more people outside our borders if we had fewer to feed inside. It would give us something to export, and keep the dollar strong world wide.

    If you think about it: the reason we're in this position is because of the Westward expansion, when for a brief time we were actually under-populated. With so much land, and so few people, it was easy to produce a great deal more food than we needed to eat, and we made a lot of money early on by selling our excess, which carried us into the 20th century ahead of most other countries.



    Quote Originally Posted by GUY
    Obviously there should be a certain point at which you should not be allowed to proceed with an abortion, but I think you are a bit sheltered. What happens to masses of unwanted babies that you are so bravely fighting for, will you adopt them all? Or is it you that is granting them, from birth, an abortion of parents? This world isn’t always a Disney movie and it would in my opinion be worse to throw a baby into a “scary movie”!
    So is if better for them never to be born? And how do you know that they will all end up horribly. In America you are innocent until you are proven guilty but why does that not apply to the babies who are automatically going to be in trouble. Who has the right to decide who will live and who will die?
    It's better because more than just that baby will suffer. If you take an environment where there's already too little to go around and throw another baby into the mix, everyone already present becomes more destitute.

    It's a downward spiral that only stops when something stops it. There's no natural forces that will end it (the one that used to work was war, but the atom bomb changed a lot of things). Would you rather live your entire life feeling like you had no purpose, or just never live to begin with?


    I am against abortion, I don't like the idea of killing people regardless of age. But one of the main reason I don't like it is that it is irresponsible. People don't have to suffer the consequences of their choices, they have a way to opt out and not have to deal with. Some of the mothers can't afford the baby but any life is better than none.
    I agree that people should focus on never conceiving to begin with, but accidents happen, and people are stupid. I'd rather endulge their stupidity by letting them have abortions than have to endulge their stupidity by scrambling to find room for the children of a stupid person.

    If we follow the current trend, then the ratio of poor-and-uneducated to educated people is going to get worse and worse.

    If you think the foolishness and stupidity of the parent gets inherited by the child genetically, then another problem emerges : the ratio of stupid people to smart people will get worse and worse until most of the species is stupid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman GhostoftheFallen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere forgotten by all and lost to all who seek it.
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by kojax
    Well, we could feed more people outside our borders if we had fewer to feed inside. It would give us something to export, and keep the dollar strong world wide.

    A human life should never be compared to a dollar. We have the money to feed enormous amounts of people outside of America currently but we don't. Americans waste enormous amounts of food everyday that could go to help stop hunger but instead it ends up in the trash left to rot. We have the means to stop or at least drastically cut hunger in the world but we don't.



    It's better because more than just that baby will suffer. If you take an environment where there's already too little to go around and throw another baby into the mix, everyone already present becomes more destitute.

    Why can you decide that it would be better for a baby to die? Do all abortions come from horrible families? Maybe we should fix the world that they live in instead of eliminating the baby. Why don't we educate the families, give them jobs and support instead of telling them to deal with their problems on their own.

    What percent of abortion come from poor families, how many come from families who have the money and ability to support the new baby but don't?


    It's a downward spiral that only stops when something stops it. There's no natural forces that will end it (the one that used to work was war, but the atom bomb changed a lot of things). Would you rather live your entire life feeling like you had no purpose, or just never live to begin with?

    There is no natural forces to stop it except those who started it, us. If there is a reason why the problem continues then why don't we stop it?


    I agree that people should focus on never conceiving to begin with, but accidents happen, and people are stupid. I'd rather endulge their stupidity by letting them have abortions than have to endulge their stupidity by scrambling to find room for the children of a stupid person.

    So the child should not be allowed to become a person because they were a mistake. How do you know that the child will be stupid? We are all innocent until proven guilty, why are babies automatically condemned to live horrible lives? And if they do live horrible lives why don't people take action and help fix their lives instead of watching on the side line?

    It is better to live a horrible life than to never have lived at all.



    If we follow the current trend, then the ratio of poor-and-uneducated to educated people is going to get worse and worse.

    Only if we don't do anything to stop the trend. We have the ability to so why don't we?

    If you think the foolishness and stupidity of the parent gets inherited by the child genetically, then another problem emerges : the ratio of stupid people to smart people will get worse and worse until most of the species is stupid.

    Uneducated doesn't mean that a person is stupid. They may have made some bad choices in their live. We should educate them instead of condemning them.
    Did you know why the holocaust happened? Hitler was trying to make a perfect race and get rid of all the undesirables. It is based on the theory of eugenics. Even if someone is less intelligent, weaker, inferior in any way than someone else then still have the same right to life. You seem to infer that because aborted babies would have been stupider than normal babies it is okay to have abortions.
    Judge a person not by what they have but by what they have done with what they have.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Edge
    Posts
    189
    Every sperm is sacred,
    Every sperm is great.
    If a sperm is wasted,
    God gets quite irate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    10
    I don't like the idea of abortion too, i mean if any mother or lady does not want child and know she can not afford baby's need she must be careful.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by nricklee
    I don't like the idea of abortion too, i mean if any mother or lady does not want child and know she can not afford baby's need she must be careful.
    Nobody likes the idea of abortion

    Unfortunately it's a reality many women have to face and often faces alone.

    The man can turn the other cheek or stick his head in the sand, a woman can't.

    Contraception is not 100% and unwanted pregnancies happen.

    Sometimes we have to face the hard and painful aspects of reality.

    Abortion is not an easy decision to make and can be a very traumatic decision for a woman that she has to live with forever.
    Absum! has never been bored in her life, but is becoming increasingly bored of the Science Forum! :?


    (..❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.☼....-♥゜・*.:。✿*゚゚・✿.。.:* *.:。.❀.`.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman portcontrol7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    60
    If a fetus isn't aborted, it may grow up to become an evangelical conservative. Therefore, abort all fetuses and let the chimps have their run of things.



    http://sites.google.com/site/portcon...me/bobtiny.JPG

    http://theleapinthedark.blogspot.com

    "The most monstrous effect of the indoctrination of the young by religion, is not that they are mislead, but are trained to mislead themselves." - Me
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •