Notices
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Bio-Electromagnetic Resonance Technology.

  1. #1 Bio-Electromagnetic Resonance Technology. 
    pb
    pb is offline
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1
    Hi, bio-electromagnetic resonance technology is being used by a company called Calistomedical in a product called Glucowatch. The technology will enable the watch to give a continuous glucose reading. This would be a great benefit to diabetics and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the technology would actually work. I've added some information from their website.

    Regards.
    Paul.

    Bio-Electromagnetic Resonance (BEMR™) technology is based on the detection of a change of electrical impedance in the human body caused by an externally applied glucose-specific electromagnetic wave ('glucose signature').
    Three known Phenomena are utilized in the Glucoband:
    • Each concentration of Glucose solution has its unique electromagnetic molecular self-oscillation signature-wave - 'glucose signature'
    • Human body is experiencing BEMR when a signature-wave matching any internal molecular self-oscillation wave is applied
    • Due to the BEMR, the body is changing its electrical impedance


    • 'Matching' of self-oscillation frequencies of glucose molecules in the human body with 'signature' frequencies of pre-known concentrations of glucose
    • Due to BEMR, the electrical impedance between any two measurement points on a human body changes
    • For every reference 'signature' applied to the body the BEMR is monitored by the Glucoband receiver
    • The Glucoband has an internal database of 'signatures' extracted from hundreds of reference solutions with different levels of glucose, covering the range of blood glucose levels from 40mg/dl to 400mg/dl


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    66
    Very Interesting.

    Form of 'Spectroscopy' and the resonant frequency of the glucose molecular structure.


    David


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR15 View Post
    Very Interesting.

    Form of 'Spectroscopy' and the resonant frequency of the glucose molecular structure.


    David
    Yes in principle, but I don't follow this spiel at all.

    How is it that they are saying the characteristic frequency of absorption is a function of glucose concentration? Normally one expects, say, an IR or microwave absorption to remain at the same frequency regardless of concentration - that is what makes it characteristic of the molecule. Also, they then talk of electrical "impedance". This is not the same at all as absorption of an electromagnetic wave. And they attribute this technique to something called Bio-Electomagnetc Resonance. Something about this makes my bullshit detector go off.

    By the way, just googled it and guess what.......:Bioresonance therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Don't fall for this, pb, or not without thorough and sceptical enquiry first!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by exchemist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR15 View Post
    Very Interesting.

    Form of 'Spectroscopy' and the resonant frequency of the glucose molecular structure.


    David
    Yes in principle, but I don't follow this spiel at all.

    How is it that they are saying the characteristic frequency of absorption is a function of glucose concentration? Normally one expects, say, an IR or microwave absorption to remain at the same frequency regardless of concentration - that is what makes it characteristic of the molecule. Also, they then talk of electrical "impedance". This is not the same at all as absorption of an electromagnetic wave. And they attribute this technique to something called Bio-Electomagnetc Resonance. Something about this makes my bullshit detector go off.

    By the way, just googled it and guess what.......:Bioresonance therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Don't fall for this, pb, or not without thorough and sceptical enquiry first!
    Oops, just seen this is a necromantic thread. Sorry!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    66
    To pose yet another question or two:-


    Bio-electromagnetic scanning technology on the market, is it a fair assumption that nuclear scanning technology is a good basis for detecting electron positron changes in a given environment. Purely from the perspective of the sensory input of which control circuitry can be modified to suit.


    Can anyone suggest particle sensors that may already exist on the market?


    EMR15
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    exchemist
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,533
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR15 View Post
    To pose yet another question or two:-


    Bio-electromagnetic scanning technology on the market, is it a fair assumption that nuclear scanning technology is a good basis for detecting electron positron changes in a given environment. Purely from the perspective of the sensory input of which control circuitry can be modified to suit.


    Can anyone suggest particle sensors that may already exist on the market?


    EMR15
    Your post does not make sense.

    1) What do you mean by "nuclear scanning technology"?

    2) What do you mean by "electron positron changes"?

    3) What do you mean by "sensory input"?

    4) As to "particle sensors", what particles are you talking about? A Geiger counter will detect particles emitted due to radioactivity. Is this what you mean or something else?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,530
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR15 View Post
    Bio-electromagnetic scanning technology
    Is that a thing? Do you have any reference to what it means?

    is it a fair assumption that nuclear scanning technology is a good basis for detecting electron positron changes in a given environment.
    What do you mean by "electron positron changes"? The only scanning technology I am aware of is PET (positron emission tomography). This detects the presence of a radioactive compound "the "tracer") in the body. The only connection with "bio-electromagnetic scanning" is that the presence of positrons is detected by the gamma rays given off when they annihilate.

    Purely from the perspective of the sensory input of which control circuitry can be modified to suit.
    Do you want to try rewriting that question? I can't work out what you are asking.

    Can anyone suggest particle sensors that may already exist on the market?
    It depends what particles you are interested in detecting.
    Detectors
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    66
    Essentially regarding sensors that can detect 'Electron changes/variations'.

    As I am not currently aware of sensory types that can detect electron changes on a small scales.

    I thought I would pose the question and see what other peoples insight into such areas is?


    Thanks


    EMR15
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,530
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR15 View Post
    Essentially regarding sensors that can detect 'Electron changes/variations'.
    It isn't clear what you mean by "Electron changes/variations".

    Do you want to measure charge? Or current flow?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro..._electrometers
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    66
    Either or both:

    Current amplitude of the electron density, alternatively eV and/or voltage changes of the corresponding varying radiated electron energy density if possible.

    looking into devise equipment that can measure one or both of the above.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,530
    Quote Originally Posted by EMR15 View Post
    Current amplitude of the electron density
    Charge

    alternatively eV
    Energy (assuming eV means electron-volt).

    and/or voltage changes
    Voltage.

    of the corresponding varying radiated electron energy density
    Beta radiation? (that is the only context I can think where "radiated electron" makes sense).

    looking into devise equipment that can measure one or both of the above.
    I still don't know what you are trying to measure; it sounds like at least four different things.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Reading
    Posts
    66
    Any or all of the above, depending on what technology currently exists to detect electrons.

    eV
    Voltage
    Current

    Etc....
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •