Notices
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kerling

Thread: Quantum entanglement, can it be used for communication?

  1. #1 Quantum entanglement, can it be used for communication? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    10
    Without delay? Or would just listening for the information, destroy the message?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    272
    The Movement of quantum entanglement
    came from back in time and it can even predict the future


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    272
    And when you predict the future you do it just in the percentage parts of reality
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Calcutta, India
    Posts
    12
    I saw a video on YouTube about this once. Michio Kaku spoke on it for a few minutes.

    The problem with QE is that the information passed between two entangled particles is completely random.

    So, the statement, currently, is somewhat like "No useful information can travel faster than the speed of light".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,173
    Quote Originally Posted by bluez View Post
    Without delay? Or would just listening for the information, destroy the message?
    You cannot use this as no information is being exchanged between the particles. QE is simply a backwards correlation between quantum states.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Kerling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    440
    Actually you can. And in Quantum informatics it is already being used. Entangled photonic states are send more or less stable via a waveguide over long distances and cannot be tapped. The only problem is that companies often install them poorly so that people can actively listen at the receiver end. Since it only works in closed systems. (so close, receive message, read out message, open system, read-out system, command system, close system, send message, wait, receive message etc.) instead of what many companies do and just see it as a ' secure' wire they just hook on.
    In the information age ignorance is a choice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Moderator Moderator Markus Hanke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    7,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerling View Post
    Actually you can. And in Quantum informatics it is already being used. Entangled photonic states are send more or less stable via a waveguide over long distances and cannot be tapped. The only problem is that companies often install them poorly so that people can actively listen at the receiver end. Since it only works in closed systems. (so close, receive message, read out message, open system, read-out system, command system, close system, send message, wait, receive message etc.) instead of what many companies do and just see it as a ' secure' wire they just hook on.
    Yeah, but wait a minute - this is not instantaneous information transfer.
    Last edited by Markus Hanke; January 14th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Professor river_rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,497
    I think it is the no cloning theorem and the no communication theorems which prevent this: no cloning prevents "normal" data sending in that you have to destroy your copy to teleport it and the no communication theorem prevents you sending the information faster than the speed of light even if you are prepared to destroy your entanglement.
    As is often the case with technical subjects we are presented with an unfortunate choice: an explanation that is accurate but incomprehensible, or comprehensible but wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Kerling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by Markus Hanke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerling View Post
    Actually you can. And in Quantum informatics it is already being used. Entangled photonic states are send more or less stable via a waveguide over long distances and cannot be tapped. The only problem is that companies often install them poorly so that people can actively listen at the receiver end. Since it only works in closed systems. (so close, receive message, read out message, open system, read-out system, command system, close system, send message, wait, receive message etc.) instead of what many companies do and just see it as a ' secure' wire they just hook on.
    Yeah, but wait a minute - this is not instantaneous information transfer.
    God no, that is impossible that would violate even non-local 4-dimensional causality.
    Markus Hanke likes this.
    In the information age ignorance is a choice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 23rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 24th, 2011, 12:32 PM
  3. Quantum entanglement?
    By Light in forum Physics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 29th, 2009, 11:00 AM
  4. Quantum Entanglement
    By Cold Fusion in forum Physics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: August 15th, 2008, 09:44 PM
  5. Quantum entanglement
    By Gus in forum Physics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 12th, 2006, 09:28 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •