Notices
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: big bang theory

  1. #1 big bang theory 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    lets get this right.
    the big bang theory is a theory about how the universe began.

    a big bang.

    a few fun facts!!!

    it was the smallest thing possible.
    it was a molecule of energy so small that all of a sudden expanded with a BANG!!!
    outside this molecule of energy was nothing no sound (not generated at this stage!!!) no light (still not generated yet) no NOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTHHHHHHIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGG!!!
    the big bang happened 13.5 billion years ago,
    and the universe could end in 2 way's:

    1. the big crunch-when gravity takes over dark matter and pulls the universe as we know it into that small molecule of energy again (as we don't know it)
    2.the great pull- gravity keeps control and dark matter gives up pulling the universe inwards as we know it enabling the universe to fly apart very fast (as we don't know it to be able to pull the universe apart)
    all of these theory's MAY take place IN THE FAR FUTURE!!!


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Had to happen somehow.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    Quote Originally Posted by apemad View Post
    all of these theory's MAY take place IN THE FAR FUTURE!!!
    All of these theories are taking place now. Their realisation may take place in the future.

    Welcome to the forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western US
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by apemad View Post
    lets get this right.
    Ok!

    the big bang theory is a theory about how the universe began.
    That's what is popularly assumed, I guess, but it's not correct. The BBT is actually a theory about how the universe has evolved. The question of origins is not answerable within the framework of BBT as it's currently formulated. Our laws of physics simply break down as we extrapolate back to, say, a Planck time of the putative beginning.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Kerling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    440
    tk421 does have a point. The big bang itself is an assumption. And the theory is only correct after the first 10^-42 seconds of the universe. Still, a pretty good theory though.
    In the information age ignorance is a choice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    The BBT is not an assumption. It is a process and sequence of events that have been determined as the most probable fit for observation and theoretical modelling. Please identify which assumption, if any, is made in relation to BBT other than those which apply to all scientifice theories.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    pmb
    pmb is offline
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by apemad View Post
    lets get this right.
    the big bang theory is a theory about how the universe began.
    Wrong. That is a myth. In the big bang model we know nothing about what happens before a certain time on page 6 that
    -------
    If there were an instant, at a "big bang," when the universe started to expand when our universe started expanding, it is not in the cosmology as now accepted, because no one has thought of a way to adduce objective evidence that such an eent really happened.
    -------
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3
    Ending 1 = "Cosmic Bounce Theory", meaning that there may have been, and will be, countless "big bangs" over time because of this cycle.

    Ending 2 = "Cosmic Expansion Theory", due to momentum and supported by "Red Shift Theory" a.k.a. "Doppler shifts".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Western US
    Posts
    2,878
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasRuault View Post
    Ending 1 = "Cosmic Bounce Theory", meaning that there may have been, and will be, countless "big bangs" over time because of this cycle.

    Ending 2 = "Cosmic Expansion Theory", due to momentum and supported by "Red Shift Theory" a.k.a. "Doppler shifts".
    Cosmological redshift is not the same as Doppler shift.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    pmb
    pmb is offline
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by apemad View Post
    it was the smallest thing possible.
    There is no theory in existance which determines that there is a lower bound to the size of something. There may even be particles whose size is precisely zero and that would be the "smallest possible thing."

    Quote Originally Posted by apemad View Post
    it was a molecule of energy so small that all of a sudden expanded with a BANG!!!
    There is no such thing as a "molecule of energy." Such a thing has no meaning.

    Quote Originally Posted by apemad View Post
    1. the big crunch-when gravity takes over dark matter and pulls the universe as we know it into that small molecule of energy again (as we don't know it)
    2.the great pull- gravity keeps control and dark matter gives up pulling the universe inwards as we know it enabling the universe to fly apart very fast (as we don't know it to be able to pull the universe apart)
    You used "dark matter" in each phrase yet "matter" isn't the only kind of matter in the universe. You're frogetting dark energy. And conceptually there could be universes in which neither dark energy nor dark matter exists and yet there'd still be those two possible kinds of evolution.

    all of these theory's MAY take place IN THE FAR FUTURE!!!
    A theory is not something which will comes to pass. A theory is an idea whereas what the theory predicts is what may or may not come to pass.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    pmb
    pmb is offline
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    The BBT is not an assumption.
    He didn't say "The Big Bang Theory" is an assumption. He said that the "Big Bang" is an assumption. People often refer to the initial expansion as something that went "bang." And that is an assumption, i.e. a postulate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Sophomore laza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Serbia, Belgrade
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by apemad View Post
    lets get this right.
    the big bang theory is a theory about how the universe began.

    a big bang.

    a few fun facts!!!

    it was the smallest thing possible.
    it was a molecule of energy so small that all of a sudden expanded with a BANG!!!
    outside this molecule of energy was nothing no sound (not generated at this stage!!!) no light (still not generated yet) no NOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTHHHHHHIIIIIIIINGGGGGGGGGG!!!
    the big bang happened 13.5 billion years ago,
    and the universe could end in 2 way's:

    1. the big crunch-when gravity takes over dark matter and pulls the universe as we know it into that small molecule of energy again (as we don't know it)
    2.the great pull- gravity keeps control and dark matter gives up pulling the universe inwards as we know it enabling the universe to fly apart very fast (as we don't know it to be able to pull the universe apart)
    all of these theory's MAY take place IN THE FAR FUTURE!!!
    what is your point ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. Big Questions About the Big Bang Theory
    By suziwong in forum Links
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: April 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
  2. My Big Bang Theory
    By Travis Meyers in forum Personal Theories & Alternative Ideas
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
  3. Tyler Winkler's Expanding Universe Theory / Big Bang Theory
    By Tyler Winkler in forum Personal Theories & Alternative Ideas
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 22nd, 2012, 03:38 PM
  4. The Big Bang Theory
    By Raluyen in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 6th, 2012, 10:48 PM
  5. Big Bang theory
    By Buriman in forum Astronomy & Cosmology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 13th, 2010, 08:53 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •