Notices
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: maybe a free energy?

  1. #1 maybe a free energy? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    i think im in a wrong section,but it has some similarity to this.
    So i came up with an idea after watching one post about moving floors in skyscreapers and collecting energy that way,but theymade a conclusion that it would lose more energy than it gets.
    By my idea there are two tanks (connected with a tube that has high efficiency turbine) with equal volume and 1 of them is filled with water.On both tanks there are weights but the mass of the weight in tank filled with water is 2 times bigger than the other one.Also water has a mass as the lighter weight.So the heavier weight pushes water thru turbine which also raises other weight as the water fills the tank.So now with electromagnets you bring the lighter weight back down which again pumps the water thru turbine which fills the first tank and generates electricity.
    Explanation isnt quite good but its hard to explain,and i would post photos but dont know how.Also sorry for spelling mistakes.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    It would take more energy to move the water back (With electromagnets) that you will generate.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    i was thinking about that alot,and asked few psysics teachers,and they said its possible to put down the weight with pass of water thru turbine,and also strings can be used to make electromagnet lose less energy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Masters Degree thyristor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    542
    I find it hard to make a picture of how your device would look, but no matter how it works, energy cannot be created, only converted from one form to another.
    Moreover, your machine will not be able to operate without a netflow in of energy, since it is not frictionles et.c.
    373 13231-mbm-13231 373
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    it basicly uses gravity as energy,and it gets a starting energy by lifting a heavier weight up
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster
    it basicly uses gravity as energy,and it gets a starting energy by lifting a heavier weight up
    This is just like the 5 ball on strings thing.

    You lift one ball and the two end balls bounce back and forth.

    Eventually, friction(energy loss) causes the balls to stop.

    Your experiment will suffer the same fate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster
    it basicly uses gravity as energy,and it gets a starting energy by lifting a heavier weight up
    But, do not be discouraged because you are on the correct path.

    You have come to the conclusion that gravity is an energy injector in the universe and you are absolutely correct. (Battery)

    Let's prove that is correct.

    1) The solar panels are a direct result of gravity. Let's see why. We cannot create cold fusion on earth because we can't get protons together in a "cold" environment, they repel violently.
    Now, in a large body (sun), gravity can force these protons together and fuse hydrogen to helium which implements the strong nuclear force and immense energy. Thus, from the gravity of the sun, we have solar panels and an energy profit.

    In fact, while physics folks claim energy is neither created nor destroyed, we have oil based on the gravity of the sun.
    Next, we can use the gravity of the moon to harvest energy. This is done in the Florida keys and elsewhere. Because of the gravity of the moon, waves are caused which also creates electricity by using a magnet moving through a coil. Again, this is energy profit (battery due to gravity)

    Have fun.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Comet Dust Collector Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    2,848
    Please ignore anything chinglu says in the forum.

    Gravity has NOTHING to do with photovoltaics.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    8
    well,i think he is right...i am trying to find how to use gravity as an energy with high efficiency,and i had few ideas but i found out that it has already being used(i wish i was born few years earlier )....i also wanna know how does gravity reduces with height,here on earth?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Moderator Moderator Janus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster
    well,i think he is right...i am trying to find how to use gravity as an energy with high efficiency,and i had few ideas but i found out that it has already being used(i wish i was born few years earlier )
    Gravity cannot be used as a source of energy, however, it can be used as a means of storing energy for later use. But you still have to put the energy in to begin with. (For example, Hydroelectroc plants extract the energy from falling water, but the energy in that water originally came from the Sun, which by evaporating the water, lifted it to higher elevations.)

    As far as chinglu comments are concerned: Th energy from the Sun does not come from gravity, it comes from the energy stored in hydrogen and released when it is fused into helium. The gravity jut provides the conditions for this to occur.

    Tidal energy is really comes from the rotation of the Earth (slowing it down slightly in the process). The Moon's gravity simply produces the tidal bulges which gives us a mechanism to extract this energy.
    ....i also wanna know how does gravity reduces with height,here on earth?
    [/quote]
    Gravity decreases by the square of the distance from the center of the Earth. If the radius of the Earth is R (~6378 km) and the height above the sea level is H, then the gravity at H will be

    the value it is at sea level.

    Example 1: If H = 1km, than gravity at a altitude of 1 km would be 0.9996865 that of gravity at sea level.

    If H= 6378 km then gravity will have dropped to 1/4 of its sea level strength a that altitude.
    "Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feelings for the strength of their argument.
    The heated mind resents the chill touch & relentless scrutiny of logic"-W.E. Gladstone


    Edit/Delete Message
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus
    Quote Originally Posted by blaster
    well,i think he is right...i am trying to find how to use gravity as an energy with high efficiency,and i had few ideas but i found out that it has already being used(i wish i was born few years earlier )
    Gravity cannot be used as a source of energy, however, it can be used as a means of storing energy for later use. But you still have to put the energy in to begin with. (For example, Hydroelectroc plants extract the energy from falling water, but the energy in that water originally came from the Sun, which by evaporating the water, lifted it to higher elevations.)

    As far as chinglu comments are concerned: Th energy from the Sun does not come from gravity, it comes from the energy stored in hydrogen and released when it is fused into helium. The gravity jut provides the conditions for this to occur.

    Tidal energy is really comes from the rotation of the Earth (slowing it down slightly in the process). The Moon's gravity simply produces the tidal bulges which gives us a mechanism to extract this energy.
    ....i also wanna know how does gravity reduces with height,here on earth?
    Gravity decreases by the square of the distance from the center of the Earth. If the radius of the Earth is R (~6378 km) and the height above the sea level is H, then the gravity at H will be

    the value it is at sea level.

    Example 1: If H = 1km, than gravity at a altitude of 1 km would be 0.9996865 that of gravity at sea level.

    If H= 6378 km then gravity will have dropped to 1/4 of its sea level strength a that altitude.[/quote]


    it comes from the energy stored in hydrogen

    LOL, what does the energy stored in hydrogen mean?

    Let me see if I can understand this. If hydrogen reacts to form water, then can I expect energy equal to the string nuclear force related to the hydrogen nuclear being fused into a helium nucleus?

    You have a further problem. There are no low chart atoms on the sun. They have no electrons because the heat rips off the electons if they tried to form.

    All you have is nuclei of hydrogen.

    So, we are now back to the logic of my post.

    Gravity implements the proximity function. The nuclei get close enough due to gravity for the strong nuclear force to be implemented.

    Without gravity you need lasers or high energy to bounce around the nuclei enough for random collisions to implement the strong nuclear force.

    But, gravity overcomes the repulsion of the protons such that the hydrogen nuclei must be fused to Helium by the strong nuclear force.

    So, please explain why gravity is not a battery.

    The universe inputs no energy into gravity, but gravity causes the energy of the sun.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    661
    Quote Originally Posted by MeteorWayne
    Please ignore anything chinglu says in the forum.

    Gravity has NOTHING to do with photovoltaics.
    So, how does the sun's energy happen?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •