Notices
Results 1 to 52 of 52

Thread: Time travel, does it extist?

  1. #1 Time travel, does it extist? 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    I was thinking, what if there is no time travel? Ok we can see into the future sure because space-time is curved because of gravity, but I don't think we can go back in time or go forward. Now my theory isn't time travel in our universe. Please be opened minded, there is infinite number of universes what if we instead inter-universal travel. what if we go "back and forward" in time by going into another universe that is set in that time period. Changing the past is basically going into a universe where it's not changed but always been you could call it a parallel universe to yours, but not really because it's just another universe of the infinite. I believe you can't change a universe without proving it's flawed and that causes a rip and begins to not exist, in that cause all universes are flawed thus they wouldn't exist either.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    What was the point to your post? I missed it


    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    3
    What's the point of being a jerk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope MagiMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,440
    I'm not trying to be rude, but I didn't get your point either.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    597
    There is a lot of science fiction regarding parallel universes:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paralle..._%28fiction%29

    In the bibliography, I think there is a reference to one of Kaku's books that speculates about how the physics could work.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6 Re: Time travel, does it extist? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Crake13
    I was thinking, what if there is no time travel?
    Who told u that time travel is possible ? Einstein once said " time is simply what a clock reads".
    Time does not have any physical existence, we measure every event with respect to time for our own simplicity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7 hmm 
    New Member Yaurah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1
    You can space-time travel (distance), and dimension travel (advanced locational parameters) but time just measures a locatable reference point of said event. To time travel only works one way...you vibrate, with high speed oscillations of matter up to light speed until you brake the time-space travel barrier (like a sonic boom but with light) which are tachyonic speeds that literally shake photon packets and corresponding matter apart, when this happens wave phase invariance is achieved and the matter involved has changed position and relative motion...but now you have this: matter that is both in its past as well as its future simultaneously. so the matter would take up 3 * 3 physical + 3 (separate but combined) time dimensions. I think the effect only works visually so far so that you only get optical results.


    3.141592654
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by Crake13
    What's the point of being a jerk
    I wasn't being a jerk. I was serious. You contradicted yourself at least 3 times. What was the point, seriously?

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaurah
    You can space-time travel (distance), and dimension travel (advanced locational parameters) but time just measures a locatable reference point of said event. To time travel only works one way...you vibrate, with high speed oscillations of matter up to light speed until you brake the time-space travel barrier (like a sonic boom but with light) which are tachyonic speeds that literally shake photon packets and corresponding matter apart, when this happens wave phase invariance is achieved and the matter involved has changed position and relative motion...but now you have this: matter that is both in its past as well as its future simultaneously. so the matter would take up 3 * 3 physical + 3 (separate but combined) time dimensions. I think the effect only works visually so far so that you only get optical results.


    Are you serious?
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9 Re: hmm 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaurah
    You can space-time travel (distance), and dimension travel (advanced locational parameters) but time just measures a locatable reference point of said event. To time travel only works one way...you vibrate, with high speed oscillations of matter up to light speed until you brake the time-space travel barrier (like a sonic boom but with light) which are tachyonic speeds that literally shake photon packets and corresponding matter apart, when this happens wave phase invariance is achieved and the matter involved has changed position and relative motion...but now you have this: matter that is both in its past as well as its future simultaneously. so the matter would take up 3 * 3 physical + 3 (separate but combined) time dimensions. I think the effect only works visually so far so that you only get optical results.


    ohhhhhhhhh, what a theory !!!!!!!!
    Come on man, why u guys take the concept of time as an extraordinary phenomena.
    If u can explain something easily then why are u considering the supernatural theories ....... Time is just a method to keep track of things, why are u taking things to the super and hyper dimensions ???????
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10 re:time travel 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    Time travel is indeed possible.........well special relativity denies it and accept..........it.......... For one to move forward in time one would need infinte time and infinte energy which in theory is impossible.............in other words for a body to back in time that body would have to be travelling faster than light.........which in turn is impossible......but there is time-space where time itself exist as an entity by itself.within taht entity there are three dimensions and path which our astral body is atched to.............( check metaphysics)
    BANKAI........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11 Yes time travel does work. 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    north yorkshire uk
    Posts
    4
    Now then where do i start.....In the 1980s a group of people did a experiment on a stone circle, This stone circle you could hear noises comming from the stones at certain times of the year, so the scientists foud the the stones had a trace of quartz crystal in them and when they projected a low level sound at the stones they could hear a drumming sound.
    This is where i got my first idea, Now i have created a low level sound amp connected to quartz crystal and pointed it in a general direction and found that i could hear muttering sounds. so i came up with the idea of creating a craft with connectors over the entire hull and it could project this low level sound in all directions and somthing wierd happend it was like a shift or overlap in the space and time around the craft.
    Now this got me thinking so i created a small fusion reactor to give me enough energy to power the craft.
    I have not tryed it out yet but will soon.
    What i think happend was the low level sound was amped far beyond i ever expected and made a small shift in space and time but with more power i could take this experiment to the next level.
    I am not interested in people saying this is bullshit because i have tryed and seen it for my very eyes.
    I have worked out how to trans dimentional travel using sound with low level vibrations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12 Re: re:time travel 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6
    Present, future and past are not some universal phenomena they are just grammatical words designed to keep track of things. You can not travel back to time because past don't exist. Things which are passed away are called past. It is your will to call them past. It is not a natural phenomena.
    Let me give a demonstration......
    You all know how things work in scientific world.
    1st step_______ Observation of some phenomena.
    2nd step_______ Finding the reason behind that phenomena and detail study.
    3rd step _______ Implementing that phenomena to some practical purpose.

    If u consider the case of time travel then the things are going in opposite direction
    1st step_____ Consider that time machine is possible. ( practical implementation without any theory or proof)
    2nd step_____ Imagine some silly and unnecessary reasons for such implementation ( parallel universe, light speed, bla bla bla )
    3rd step_______ Wait for 1000 years to observe such phenomena in nature or in some lab.

    This is time machine and time travel........
    Even in length contraction and time dilation no one ever said that length or time is actually shortened. These are measurement errors due to different frame of references.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope MagiMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,440
    No, actually with length contraction and time dilation, length and time are really changing. It's just not something you can notice while it happens to you since everything you could use to check it would be contracted or dilated too.

    Also, due to time dilation, time travel into the future is easy. Just go really fast relative to where you want to end up, and you'll get there much later than when you started.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    37
    Time does not exist. It is simply a word used to easily represent what is, what was, and what will be.

    Everything that exists is. There is no more was and there never will be will be. All is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by MagiMaster
    No, actually with length contraction and time dilation, length and time are really changing. It's just not something you can notice while it happens to you since everything you could use to check it would be contracted or dilated too.

    Also, due to time dilation, time travel into the future is easy. Just go really fast relative to where you want to end up, and you'll get there much later than when you started.
    Ha ha ha very nice,,,,,,,,,
    This is same like we prove 2+2 = 5 by some mathematical twister. Just tell me the practical significance of what u are saying ???????? How can u travel in future when it does not exist ?
    If i measure the horizontal length of your computer's screen then no matter whether you are traveling with light speed or whatever, u can't alter it, a measurement error can be there but how is it possible to alter length by simply traveling with light speed.........same is the case with time.......
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    It is said that ignorance is bliss, but surely this is only true for those who are ignorant. For the innocent bystanders ignorance can be a gruesome sight.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    It is said that ignorance is bliss, but surely this is only true for those who are ignorant. For the innocent bystanders ignorance can be a gruesome sight.
    correct me, if you think i am wrong. We all are in learning stage.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    It is said that ignorance is bliss, but surely this is only true for those who are ignorant. For the innocent bystanders ignorance can be a gruesome sight.
    correct me, if you think i am wrong. We all are in learning stage.
    You are correct; but, while we are all learning, some are far more learned than others.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope MagiMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,440
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    It is said that ignorance is bliss, but surely this is only true for those who are ignorant. For the innocent bystanders ignorance can be a gruesome sight.
    correct me, if you think i am wrong. We all are in learning stage.
    I didn't say traveling at light speed. Traveling period changes your length in the direction you're traveling. Due to other effects, you can't directly see this, but it still happens.

    Relativity, all of it, follows from two simple assumptions. First, that physics is the same everywhere. Second, that there is a universal speed limit. From that, you get that light in a vacuum travels at that speed limit, and nothing else can. You get that length contracts and time dilates.

    By itself, that doesn't mean much. It's an interesting and internally consistent idea. It's important, because many, many experiments show that the real world works almost exactly (to within the limits of our ability to measure things) like relativity says it should.

    Whether time objectively exists or not is a moot point. You can go real fast, and come back relatively younger than the people who stayed behind. It's been tested and shown to match relativity's predictions. You don't see this everyday only because every day velocities are very small compared to the speed of light.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20 time travel 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    north yorkshire uk
    Posts
    4
    After reading all of your conversations it seems to me that you all have not come to any ending regarding time travel.
    You should re-work a old idea like i have and try it like i have also.
    Hey i never went to collage or university and i work in a warehouse and i seem to be making more progress than all of you put together.
    I have tested my time-interdimentional experiment and had positive efects and i am pushing it further to the next stage.
    There was a guy in the states who made his own partical generator in his own garage and he was not a bright man but he had the vision and drive to make one.
    Thats like me ''The underdog'' .... As everyone can see from my last post the craft ive made is now finished and im waiting for a trial date.
    I also respect people who have an education but as educated people seem to do they talk themself around in circles.
    Act and do thats my moto.
    GET YOUR ACT TOGETER AND WORK TOGETHER.
    I have worked out how to trans dimentional travel using sound with low level vibrations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Wow... Magimaster is the only one making ANY sense... Where is Janus when you need 'im? I direct all of you Here. Perhaps with this thread you will understand the stupidity of your claims.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by alphamale
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    It is said that ignorance is bliss, but surely this is only true for those who are ignorant. For the innocent bystanders ignorance can be a gruesome sight.
    correct me, if you think i am wrong. We all are in learning stage.
    Magimaster has corrected you. Arcane has offered you a simple resource to explore the concept of relativity further.
    There is nothing wrong with being ignorant. We are all ignorant of most things. Pretending knowledge in a field which you are ignorant of is, however, worthy of derision. You thought you were mocking Magimaster's 'wrong thinking' with your line - Ha ha ha very nice,,,,,,,,, . However, he was right and you were wrong.
    Ask the same questions in the right spirit and you will receive abundant support from many knowledgeable members. Spout nonsense and appear proud of it and you will be treated accordingly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23 Re: time travel 
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by james35
    After reading all of your conversations it seems to me that you all have not come to any ending regarding time travel.
    You should re-work a old idea like i have and try it like i have also.
    Hey i never went to collage or university and i work in a warehouse and i seem to be making more progress than all of you put together.
    I have tested my time-interdimentional experiment and had positive efects and i am pushing it further to the next stage.
    There was a guy in the states who made his own partical generator in his own garage and he was not a bright man but he had the vision and drive to make one.
    Thats like me ''The underdog'' .... As everyone can see from my last post the craft ive made is now finished and im waiting for a trial date.
    I also respect people who have an education but as educated people seem to do they talk themself around in circles.
    Act and do thats my moto.
    GET YOUR ACT TOGETER AND WORK TOGETHER.
    They allow internet access in asylums then, do they?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24 not going to bite to that mate 
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    north yorkshire uk
    Posts
    4
    and its true what they say about people from south africa...''stupid people with guns''
    I have worked out how to trans dimentional travel using sound with low level vibrations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25 Re: not going to bite to that mate 
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Quote Originally Posted by james35
    and its true what they say about people from south africa...''stupid people with guns''
    Coming from a person who believes he can 'transdimentionally' travel? HA! I would love to see evidence, of ANY kind, for this...
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    north yorkshire uk
    Posts
    4
    how would you like me to do that then? the people on this forum should have brains ''this one dont''.
    i explanded it in my first comment but as i can see small brains as yours is..cant quite understand the laws of interdimemtional travel.
    Just read the first comment thicko
    I have worked out how to trans dimentional travel using sound with low level vibrations.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    there is so much wrong with you I don't even know where to start... Here is a good place. And Here, There and Over Here.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    Your experiment doesn't make ANY sense, and the simple fact that you flat out refuse to take any criticism as legitimate over your "observations" shows how willfully ignorant you are, James....
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    130
    May I ask a question?
    Well, how is time travel even possible?
    I don't get it.
    I mean, there is the universe, right here, right now. And in 3 seconds, it is the same universe, only that changes have occured.
    Now 10 minutes ago, it also was the same universe, but it "looked" different.
    BUT, future and past only exist as a phenomenon of our minds. In reality, there is only the present, the universe is always HERE and NOW, it's just constantly changing.
    So "where" or better "to when" should I travel in a time travel?
    Where's the flaw in my view?

    Thanks
    I am.
    You can't deny it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope MagiMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,440
    That gives an absolute time, from which you could say things happen simultaneously, but according to relativity, you can't do that, so an absolute time can't exist.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Forum Ph.D. Raziell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    928
    Manipulating time with any universe but your own would break the rule "Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only change form" You cant just create an entire universe.

    So impossible.

    Even in your own universe the world, even people - are just atoms being in one location at a time - moving on in a direction.

    If you want to go back in time it would mean youd have to pull these atoms in reverse to the exact same way they were before. to the point were every atom to the exact previous point that you desire.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    51
    Time travel is not possible (physically). Period. That is not to say that we have no idea of “time’s” properties. Time is independent of its circumstances (information).
    The cause (time when it starts) of an event will not determine the outcome of the event. If I understand correctly you assume that every possible outcome is happening but in different space time. If that’s true it still wouldn’t help you because you still wouldn’t know the event location and even if you did and would be able to change it , it wouldn’t change anything because you’re covering all possibilities, so it would automatically happen somewhere else, with or without your input or anybody else’s for that matter. If you understand where I’m going with this, you’d realize the improbability of such scenario.
    I have a simpler explanation of why time travel is not possible. Time does not have “memory”. If “time” was an outside observer it wouldn’t know when an event happened. If “it” could slide on a scale back and forth it only could “see” the “present”. If by some miracle an event “changed” it wouldn’t know. Same for the “future”, except that if “it” managed to “see” it would be already the “present”. All said, it doesn’t mean that we are not able to “manipulate” time. We already doing it, for example: by videotaping events. As you know, in many cases makes the difference between found guilty or innocent in the court of law. Following the same thought process; altering a picture or videotape (without getting caught) would change the future in present time (we still wouldn't know it) and may not be able to correct it ever or if we did we still couldn't change the past. This is a dangerous weapon with a double edge. I'm pretty sure it has precedent and it’s happening right now as we speak. Time is only present when matter and space is present but not in potential energy. Energy to matter transformation will lead to “time” and vice-versa. I can’t explain the concept of time (I don’t know anybody who can) but I’m 100% positive that time travel is impossible because I understand the concept of what time is not.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33 re:huh 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    I used to believe that time itself did not exist but according david willcock time is a living consciousness and heck he has time travelling himself....it is really freaky.but before i addressed that........travelling back in time is indeed possible since we people on a whole exist minutes before the orignal eg.........at 2pm i went to the shop to buy a juice, but i could say that juice was purchased minutes before that but me being in the presence simple follow in line.........
    BANKAI........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Pep_i, do you require any assistance to get home?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Pep_i, do you require any assistance to get home?
    I think that depends on whether or not there are streets to be crossed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Freshman Holbenilord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    27
    man then goes on to prove that black is white and white is black and gets run over at the next zebra crossing.
    That's Douglas Adams, by the way.
    http://s1.zetaboards.com/Conceptual_Evolution/index/

    Is the new address for speculative evolution.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    130
    @varadinum:
    That's the point I made on page 2.
    I am.
    You can't deny it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermind
    @varadinum:
    That's the point I made on page 2.
    I know.
    I didn't read yours untill now but we have the same point of view, I just expressed it differently.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    110
    I guess in some respect, you travel through time, but the traditional "to the future" time travel is false.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    no, future is possible, past isn't.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronman
    I guess in some respect, you travel through time, but the traditional "to the future" time travel is false.
    ???

    Time travel "to the future" is the norm.

    What seems to be forbidden is time travel to the past.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Forum Isotope
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Transient
    Posts
    2,914
    yes, because if you were capable of accelerating a person to say... 99.999% the speed of light, have them fly 20 light years away, turn around and come back, then relative to the earth, they will have aged only about 2 months, while the person on earth aged a full 40 years. They will have, in effect, time traveled to the future.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
    -Plato

    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    yes, because if you were capable of accelerating a person to say... 99.999% the speed of light, have them fly 20 light years away, turn around and come back, then relative to the earth, they will have aged only about 2 months, while the person on earth aged a full 40 years. They will have, in effect, time traveled to the future.


    sure if ya say so. How did light ever manage to get here ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope MagiMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,440
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcane_Mathematician
    yes, because if you were capable of accelerating a person to say... 99.999% the speed of light, have them fly 20 light years away, turn around and come back, then relative to the earth, they will have aged only about 2 months, while the person on earth aged a full 40 years. They will have, in effect, time traveled to the future.
    It is quite a bit siimpler than that. We are all traveling to the future all the time. That is what your watch tells you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    130
    Nice wit, DrRocket
    I am.
    You can't deny it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47 huh 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19
    what if i tell you guys that time is a living conscience and every time someone time travels.one is simply destroying it..its like it has tissue that are broken...from my understanding something happen at the philadelphia expt.that cause a big tear in it.so going back is difficult
    BANKAI........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48 Re: huh 
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by pep_i
    what if i tell you guys that time is a living conscience and every time someone time travels.one is simply destroying it..its like it has tissue that are broken...from my understanding something happen at the philadelphia expt.that cause a big tear in it.so going back is difficult
    Then I would not believe you and I would suggest that you get some professional help.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    28
    Seeing our future on earth is possible by traveling close to the speed of light. If a twin leaves earth on a space ship and goes close to light speed, the twin on the ship traveling close to light speed slows down if the twin returns 100 years latter from his high speed travel a hundred years here on earth pass so he sees the future.

    If we look at a person sitting next to you you see the past. It takes light time to hit the person sitting next to you and to travel to you so in effect you are looking into the past, if you look at hubble telescope and deep in the sky the deeper you look into the night sky the further in the past you are looking, so that is time travel as well.

    To go into the future travel close to the speed of light come back less time has passed for you than people here on earth

    To look into the past check out Hubble deep sky stuff

    But you can't change the past you can only see it

    Peace
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRocket
    We are all traveling to the future all the time. That is what your watch tells you.
    I don't have a watch. Does that mean I am stuck in the past?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5
    Time is half dimensional variable in the equation of the universe.
    There's on and off. There is no left or right.

    The idea of going back in time makes about as much sense as going up in time, or going blork in gravity.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    . DrRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,486
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by DrRocket
    We are all traveling to the future all the time. That is what your watch tells you.
    I don't have a watch. Does that mean I am stuck in the past?
    I dunno.

    But the way things are going that might be a good place to be stuck.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •