Notices
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Am I alone in a false Universe.

  1. #1 Am I alone in a false Universe. 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    7
    I originally posted this in the Astronomy & Cosmology thread earlier today being completely new to Science Forum. The outrage it caused though I doubt the post in itself accounted for all the hostility astonished me. Open minded lot over at the Astronomy & Cosmology thread.


    Hi people,

    I need some help with understanding why it seems everyone is blind. From where I observe science has not replaced Religion in trying to explain the universe, it’s the same thing.

    I am not a scientist, physisist or even a student at a university, I am however an inhabitant of this planet Earth with billions of other people yet am I alone?

    Cosmology is the discourse of science fiction, we base our idea of the universe on a subjective view of a few percent of observable space. We praise science for lifting the vale of ignorance and revealing the truth, while in fact science has unwittingly become a super religion, the mother of all strict doctrines of thought.

    You must excuse my passion as this is the first time I have shared my views. Its very hard when one is for arguments sake an average person living a life. I look around day to day and no one seems to see what I see, from the governments of the world down to the person in the street.

    To cut a long story short is there anyone out there who can tell me that I am not alone and that you are on the case and the situation is under control because I am not convinced and that’s a bad result for every living thing on the planet.

    We have become stuck in the mathematics eminating from E=mc2. This does not reflect the true nature of the universe. We are not separate or alone or even isolated by the imaginary distances of so called light years but that’s another story and it’s a pity we cannot bask in this beauty before is disappears .

    I could go off on so many tangents but I am now way to impatient. It all comes down to this, the Sun. A nuclear reactor burning itself to a magnificent death is a completely false view of the Sun. The Sun’s energy does not come from within itself instead it is sourced from outside and to understand this is to understand the true nature of the universe.

    Call me whatever you like I do not care but I would appreciate any blueprints on how to build a self sustaining house deep underground.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2 Re: Am I alone in a false Universe. 
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75
    I originally posted this in the Astronomy & Cosmology thread earlier today being completely new to Science Forum. The outrage it caused though I doubt the post in itself accounted for all the hostility astonished me. Open minded lot over at the Astronomy & Cosmology thread.
    "We should be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains fall out"

    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75


    Hi people,

    I need some help with understanding why it seems everyone is blind. From where I observe science has not replaced Religion in trying to explain the universe, it’s the same thing.

    I am not a scientist, physisist or even a student at a university, I am however an inhabitant of this planet Earth with billions of other people yet am I alone?

    Cosmology is the discourse of science fiction, we base our idea of the universe on a subjective view of a few percent of observable space. We praise science for lifting the vale of ignorance and revealing the truth, while in fact science has unwittingly become a super religion, the mother of all strict doctrines of thought.

    You must excuse my passion as this is the first time I have shared my views. Its very hard when one is for arguments sake an average person living a life. I look around day to day and no one seems to see what I see, from the governments of the world down to the person in the street.

    To cut a long story short is there anyone out there who can tell me that I am not alone and that you are on the case and the situation is under control because I am not convinced and that’s a bad result for every living thing on the planet.

    We have become stuck in the mathematics eminating from E=mc2. This does not reflect the true nature of the universe. We are not separate or alone or even isolated by the imaginary distances of so called light years but that’s another story and it’s a pity we cannot bask in this beauty before is disappears .

    I could go off on so many tangents but I am now way to impatient. It all comes down to this, the Sun. A nuclear reactor burning itself to a magnificent death is a completely false view of the Sun. The Sun’s energy does not come from within itself instead it is sourced from outside and to understand this is to understand the true nature of the universe.

    Call me whatever you like I do not care but I would appreciate any blueprints on how to build a self sustaining house deep underground.
    Science is not based upon how we want things to be, that's the job of religion. Science bases its conclusion on gathering emperical data, testing hypotheses, and forming a theory out of the data and hypotheses collected, thus making a theory the most well-established explanation for a set of natural phenomenons. Science reveals truth, it doesn't make things up.

    You can read and learn what science is here:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3 Re: Am I alone in a false Universe. 
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75
    I originally posted this in the Astronomy & Cosmology thread earlier today being completely new to Science Forum. The outrage it caused though I doubt the post in itself accounted for all the hostility astonished me. Open minded lot over at the Astronomy & Cosmology thread.
    It should probably be posted in the Religion section. For even in the case of religious people like me, we are still very serious about science and discussions of God and Religion must be excluded from all scientific discussions unless perhaps it is psychology or anthropology.

    But even in the Religion section you will be ridiculed and abused for this forum is the hangout of a lot of anti-religious atheists that fancy that they should be called scientists because of that alone.



    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75
    I need some help with understanding why it seems everyone is blind. From where I observe science has not replaced Religion in trying to explain the universe, it’s the same thing.

    I am not a scientist, physisist or even a student at a university, I am however an inhabitant of this planet Earth with billions of other people yet am I alone?

    Cosmology is the discourse of science fiction, we base our idea of the universe on a subjective view of a few percent of observable space. We praise science for lifting the vale of ignorance and revealing the truth, while in fact science has unwittingly become a super religion, the mother of all strict doctrines of thought.
    Even to me, an evangelical Christian, you are offensive and ignorant beyond belief. Will you say that I am an atheist or godless just because I am a scientist. This kind of attitude will not just get you ridicule, it will get you banned. And I will applaud it.

    Cosmology is a science and it is clear to me that you do not even know the meaning of the word. Science is not about praise, it is about the kind of inellectual honesty which you seem to be incapable of. I will entertain the question of whether atheism is a religion, athough the atheists here will scream at the suggestion but your suggestion that that science is a religion, is the thinking of the kind of fundamentalist extremist fanatic that bombs buildings of innocent people.



    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75
    You must excuse my passion as this is the first time I have shared my views. Its very hard when one is for arguments sake an average person living a life. I look around day to day and no one seems to see what I see, from the governments of the world down to the person in the street.
    Your passion is the fanaticism and bigotry of a religiousity that worships ignorance. "Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive." For your "heart has grown dull." Your "ears are hard of hearing." And your "eyes have closed."

    Science is based on faith in the principles upon which it has been founded, but it is an honest faith. Your faith, it seems to me, is the blind faith of a willfullness that decides what is real and refuses to see anything which does not fit this.



    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75
    To cut a long story short is there anyone out there who can tell me that I am not alone and that you are on the case and the situation is under control because I am not convinced and that’s a bad result for every living thing on the planet.
    You are not alone even though you do not have a clue what you are talking about. God is on the case and everthing is under His control. What you see around you is His handiwork and if you cannot see the beauty of it then I feel sorry for you. Whether you are convinced or not is of little account and that you think that this implies something bad for every living thing on the planet suggest that you need psychiatric help.



    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75
    We have become stuck in the mathematics eminating from E=mc2. This does not reflect the true nature of the universe. We are not separate or alone or even isolated by the imaginary distances of so called light years but that’s another story and it’s a pity we cannot bask in this beauty before is disappears .
    Physics is all about looking at the world through the filter of mathematics. If all you are trying to say is that this is not the sum total of reality then you have my complete agreement. But this does not mean that physics is not worthwhile. The methods of physics and science have proven marvelous in its ability to discover new and unexpected things about the world. They represent an extention of our senses to see more and hear more by the use of our God given brain to extend the reach of our eyes and ears. If you cannot see the beauty of what God has done in the human world just as He has done in nature, then I suggest you crawl back under your rock.



    Quote Originally Posted by samcod75
    I could go off on so many tangents but I am now way to impatient. It all comes down to this, the Sun. A nuclear reactor burning itself to a magnificent death is a completely false view of the Sun. The Sun’s energy does not come from within itself instead it is sourced from outside and to understand this is to understand the true nature of the universe.
    It is a correct scientific view. If you prefer poetry then I quite understand. But you really ought to be a little more tolerant of the fact that everyone in the world is not like you and do not wish to be either.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    Do you hate atheists or something, mitchellmckain? I can't remember atheists calling themselves scientists (though I might be wrong). At times some of us might be seen as abusive and intolerant, but we're just trying to point out certain things, even if it be in a dark and annoying manner. Most of us atheists just want the truth to be brought forth, and things to be investigated. Perhaps some of us are being too serious? You shouldn't look at all atheists and say, "how dare he/she!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope mitchellmckain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UTAH, USA
    Posts
    3,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    Do you hate atheists or something, mitchellmckain? I can't remember atheists calling themselves scientists (though I might be wrong).
    Not at all. I have made it quite clear that I do not take the sampling of atheists on this forum to be representative because I have known other atheists. I do not hate the atheists on this forum either, although some are quite a abusive. Also my comments were directed at a particular type of atheist. The term I used was "anti-religious atheists". Are you one of these? I consider these to be self-righteous bigots that are as obnoxious and contemptable as the worst fundamentalist Christians. Do you like this type Christian? I do not. And I do not like others who exhibit a similar type of behavior.

    It has been the attitude of some of this type of atheist that a Christian who claims to be a scientist or a science teacher must be a liar. I thought the implication of such an outrageous attitude equating scientist with atheist amounted to a presumption that their being an atheist gave them exclusive rights to such a title.



    Quote Originally Posted by Obviously
    At times some of us might be seen as abusive and intolerant, but we're just trying to point out certain things, even if it be in a dark and annoying manner. Most of us atheists just want the truth to be brought forth, and things to be investigated. Perhaps some of us are being too serious? You shouldn't look at all atheists and say, "how dare he/she!"
    The behavior of one in particular cannot be seen as anything but abusive. His attacks are not on religion but upon me personally. There is no possible way of seeing his behavior as anything but contemptable in any light. Aparently he is on the staff and therefore tolerated despite behavior that anyone else would be banned for. And yet I have never taken such an attitude as "how dare he" with him but only returned tit for tat or simply ignored his ranting as the prattle of a child.
    See my physics of spaceflight simulator at http://www.relspace.astahost.com

    I now have a blog too: http://astahost.blogspot.com/
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Professor Obviously's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,415
    Ok, just trying to figure out your reasons
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •