Notices

View Poll Results: Is Homosexuality wrong?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!

    9 29.03%
  • Yes

    2 6.45%
  • No

    19 61.29%
  • Maybe

    1 3.23%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 171 of 171

Thread: Is Homosexuality wrong?

  1. #101  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    A law is proposed to legalize homosexual marriage, I will fight it.

    It will not affect you in any way (I dare to presume), so why should you even want to fight it?
    Pro rights marriages will have a domino effect. First, gays get the marriage rights. Then, people say that the rights should be given to anyone. "Many people live together for a number of reasons. Older sisters/brothers, Mom and an older kid, even some good friends all of which are likely non-sexual. They could legitimately say they deserve the rights of any couple." Think of the legal implications.

    Let them be gay.. I'm not stopping them. Doesn't mean it's right though.
    And whats wrong with the legal implications? tax breaks, life insurance policies, co-habiting is co-habiting whats wrong with the legalitys of it?
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    money
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    more divorces
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    I'm a republican and my party would be dissapointed in me :P
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    yeah, but what i meant is its not going to be the fall of western civilisation, its been a pretty smooth thing in the UK, there was the obvious press around the first ceremonys and nothing since, no other groups demanding the same rights, its just accepted
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    I'm a republican and my party would be dissapointed in me :P
    Now why didn't you just say that in the first place?

    There's nothing unusual about a republican resenting gay rights, if I was a republican I'd want to Censored
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    I guess other countries might be more politicly fond of us being more accepting. I guess it's just a horrible prejudice bred into me since i was born. I'm still not gonna vote pro though.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    A law is proposed to legalize homosexual marriage, I will fight it.

    It will not affect you in any way (I dare to presume), so why should you even want to fight it?
    Pro rights marriages will have a domino effect. First, gays get the marriage rights. Then, people say that the rights should be given to anyone. "Many people live together for a number of reasons. Older sisters/brothers, Mom and an older kid, even some good friends all of which are likely non-sexual. They could legitimately say they deserve the rights of any couple." Think of the legal implications.

    Let them be gay.. I'm not stopping them. Doesn't mean it's right though.
    Your absolutley right. Can you imagine a society of incestrous families? If that does happen the future isn't bright and it sure as hell isn't orange.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard paralith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    A law is proposed to legalize homosexual marriage, I will fight it.

    It will not affect you in any way (I dare to presume), so why should you even want to fight it?
    Pro rights marriages will have a domino effect. First, gays get the marriage rights. Then, people say that the rights should be given to anyone. "Many people live together for a number of reasons. Older sisters/brothers, Mom and an older kid, even some good friends all of which are likely non-sexual. They could legitimately say they deserve the rights of any couple." Think of the legal implications.

    Let them be gay.. I'm not stopping them. Doesn't mean it's right though.
    That's a little ridiculous. When joining your estate with that of another, unrelated adult for the purposes of forming a partnership in life, that is marriage. Co-habitating with a relative is not. Simply saying "money" and "more divorces" hardly counts as a justifiable explanation of a domino effect of "legal implications" of a significantly negative kind. What do you mean by money? Why should the addition of homosexual marriages necessarily lead to more divorces? Your argument is very weak.
    Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.
    ~Jean-Paul Sartre
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Can you imagine a society of incestrous families?
    You mean like the British Royals?

    Of course we can't have a society where pedophiles are legal, but to extrapolate that from allowing same-sex marriages is ridiculous.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #111  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Can you imagine a society of incestrous families?
    I don't have to imagine it, I merely have to consider the ancient Egyptians.
    Apart from convention and an overstated concern for the expression of deleterious genes, what is your objection to incest?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #112  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by paralith
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    A law is proposed to legalize homosexual marriage, I will fight it.

    It will not affect you in any way (I dare to presume), so why should you even want to fight it?
    Pro rights marriages will have a domino effect. First, gays get the marriage rights. Then, people say that the rights should be given to anyone. "Many people live together for a number of reasons. Older sisters/brothers, Mom and an older kid, even some good friends all of which are likely non-sexual. They could legitimately say they deserve the rights of any couple." Think of the legal implications.

    Let them be gay.. I'm not stopping them. Doesn't mean it's right though.
    That's a little ridiculous. When joining your estate with that of another, unrelated adult for the purposes of forming a partnership in life, that is marriage. Co-habitating with a relative is not. Simply saying "money" and "more divorces" hardly counts as a justifiable explanation of a domino effect of "legal implications" of a significantly negative kind. What do you mean by money? Why should the addition of homosexual marriages necessarily lead to more divorces? Your argument is very weak.
    Come back to this discussion in 50 years time. And give me full right then to say 'I told you so'. Maybe Vegas will be the new holy city compared to the world (holy as in opposite to sin).
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #113  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Can you imagine a society of incestrous families?
    I don't have to imagine it, I merely have to consider the ancient Egyptians.
    Apart from convention and an overstated concern for the expression of deleterious genes, what is your objection to incest?
    You know sometimes Ophiolite, your sarcasm and complicated words, scares me .
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #114  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Can you imagine a society of incestrous families?
    I don't have to imagine it, I merely have to consider the ancient Egyptians.
    Apart from convention and an overstated concern for the expression of deleterious genes, what is your objection to incest?
    You know sometimes Ophiolite, your sarcasm and complicated words, scares me .
    I am not being sarcastic. I am asking a genuine question. Why do we have a distaste, most of us, for the idea of incest? What is it about incest that apalls you? Why do you think it is so wrong?
    I have, I think, some reasonable explanations, but I should be interested to hear yours.

    As to my use of complicaated words, that is deliberate. When I see a word I do not recognise I look it up in a dictionary. I know others do the same. Thus, I hope by judicious use of complicated words to broaden the vocabulary of some of the forum readers.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #115  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    I don't know if he was being sarcastic

    I believe these things are wrong also for religious reasons. I didn't want to say because god said so. Many people on this forum are atheist. Remember. Morality is inconsistent. As long as we do not accept it as a society, it is not moral. When we do, it will become moral to that society, and I in the society of my religion we will still view it as immoral. The same can be said for incest.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #116  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    Ophi! we posted at the same time! (my post should be before his, along with an I told you so after)

    Society, is shaped by religion. Not always a theist religion. (the space is there purposely.) That is why incest is not accepted.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #117  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Can you imagine a society of incestrous families?
    I don't have to imagine it, I merely have to consider the ancient Egyptians.
    Apart from convention and an overstated concern for the expression of deleterious genes, what is your objection to incest?
    You know sometimes Ophiolite, your sarcasm and complicated words, scares me .
    I am not being sarcastic. I am asking a genuine question. Why do we have a distaste, most of us, for the idea of incest? What is it about incest that apalls you? Why do you think it is so wrong?
    I have, I think, some reasonable explanations, but I should be interested to hear yours.

    As to my use of complicaated words, that is deliberate. When I see a word I do not recognise I look it up in a dictionary. I know others do the same. Thus, I hope by judicious use of complicated words to broaden the vocabulary of some of the forum readers.
    Incest is wrong because of the recessive genes, and not only that but evidence prooves that people who are homozygous are at greaty risk of being infected with dieseases and henceforth. Me and some old friends of college had an argument about it once. I won 8).

    That reason is a biological reason and its good enough for me.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #118  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard paralith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,190
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Come back to this discussion in 50 years time. And give me full right then to say 'I told you so'. Maybe Vegas will be the new holy city compared to the world (holy as in opposite to sin).
    "Let's talk about this in the future" is also a very weak argument. I think it's funny, svwillmer, that you got on my case about "physical evidence" before and now you find it sufficient enough to say, "One day, you'll see!" Yes, one day, we'll all see. But we're still having a discussion about it in the present.
    Man can will nothing unless he has first understood that he must count on no one but himself; that he is alone, abandoned on earth in the midst of his infinite responsibilities, without help, with no other aim than the one he sets himself, with no other destiny than the one he forges for himself on this earth.
    ~Jean-Paul Sartre
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #119  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    it's a well-known biological fact that animals (including humans) which are raised together will feel disinclined to see each other as potential mates, even when they're not related to one another

    why ? i can only guess that it has something to do with avoidance of inbreeding, even though recent studies have not found any differences in fitness for offspring of first-cousing marriages compared with other ones
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #120  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by paralith
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Come back to this discussion in 50 years time. And give me full right then to say 'I told you so'. Maybe Vegas will be the new holy city compared to the world (holy as in opposite to sin).
    "Let's talk about this in the future" is also a very weak argument. I think it's funny, svwillmer, that you got on my case about "physical evidence" before and now you find it sufficient enough to say, "One day, you'll see!" Yes, one day, we'll all see. But we're still having a discussion about it in the present.
    Its because I am talking to you FROM the future, and your in the past .
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #121  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    I don't think it's wrong to love someone of the same sex.

    But i don't think it is wise to stick anything up your bottom, unless you seriously need an enema or medical help!

    Yeeughh!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #122  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    I don't think it's wrong to love someone of the same sex.

    But i don't think it is wise to stick anything up your bottom, unless you seriously need an enema or medical help!

    Yeeughh!
    Yea, the anus is supposed to be a one way street.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #123  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    YOU WHO'S SOLE RELIGION IS SCIENCE, HEAR ME! (some weird voice says from the back of your head)
    INCEST AS A MORAL MATTER IS ALSO BASED ON SOCIETY! OPHIODITE, THE ONE WHO KNOWS MENTIONS EGYPT. HE IS RIGHT! IN THAT SOCIETY INCEST WAS PRACTICED ALL THE TIME! I SHOULD KNOW. I AM (get this) KNOWLEDGE IN PHYSICAL FORM!!!!! I STATE TO YOU... IF YOU WANT INCEST TO BE MORALLY RIGHT... CAMPAIGN FOR IT. I REMEMBER THE VOICES OF A FEW CHANGING THE MIND OF A COUNTRY! NEW IDEAS WILL BLOSSOM! LOOK AT... HOMOSEXUALITY! IT WAS IMMORAL IN MOST PLACES 100 YEARS AGO. IT'S NOT IN MANY OF THOSE PLACES ANY MORE! YOU WANT TO HAVE A BABY WITH YOUR ---------- (word bleeped out to stop shaderwolf from puking when he reads my message) DO IT! YOU COULD START A REVOLUTION! I KNOW! I WAS THERE!


    THis forum considers long passages of capital letters to be equivalent to shouting and therefore bad manners, I have therefore turned down the volume on this post MB.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #124  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    never used a condom before? aids in the gay community has fallen dramatically as of late.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #125  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    YOU WHO'S SOLE RELIGION IS SCIENCE, HEAR ME! (some weird voice says from the back of your head)
    INCEST AS A MORAL MATTER IS ALSO BASED ON SOCIETY! OPHIODITE, THE ONE WHO KNOWS MENTIONS EGYPT. HE IS RIGHT! IN THAT SOCIETY INCEST WAS PRACTICED ALL THE TIME! I SHOULD KNOW. I AM (get this) KNOWLEDGE IN PHYSICAL FORM!!!!! I STATE TO YOU... IF YOU WANT INCEST TO BE MORALLY RIGHT... CAMPAIGN FOR IT. I REMEMBER THE VOICES OF A FEW CHANGING THE MIND OF A COUNTRY! NEW IDEAS WILL BLOSSOM! LOOK AT... HOMOSEXUALITY! IT WAS IMMORAL IN MOST PLACES 100 YEARS AGO. IT'S NOT IN MANY OF THOSE PLACES ANY MORE! YOU WANT TO HAVE A BABY WITH YOUR ---------- (word bleeped out to stop shaderwolf from puking when he reads my message) DO IT! YOU COULD START A REVOLUTION! I KNOW! I WAS THERE!
    For numbers I'll back you up on that. This voice is in everyones head somewhere, most folk try to block it out of fear though. Or maybe its some mysterious force at work; woooooooo. *Raises hands and waggles fingers*
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #126  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    what?! you've had urges for your --------?!?!?!?!?! That's gross!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #127  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    I don't think it's wrong to love someone of the same sex.

    But i don't think it is wise to stick anything up your bottom, unless you seriously need an enema or medical help!

    Yeeughh!
    Yea, the anus is supposed to be a one way street.

    Yes....and the errogenous zone that's supposed to be up there must be the reason why men sit on the toilet for so long!

    Anybody says 'but it's enjoyable' is either lying or getting paid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #128  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    YOU WHO'S SOLE RELIGION IS SCIENCE, HEAR ME! (some weird voice says from the back of your head)
    INCEST AS A MORAL MATTER IS ALSO BASED ON SOCIETY! OPHIODITE, THE ONE WHO KNOWS MENTIONS EGYPT. HE IS RIGHT! IN THAT SOCIETY INCEST WAS PRACTICED ALL THE TIME! I SHOULD KNOW. I AM (get this) KNOWLEDGE IN PHYSICAL FORM!!!!! I STATE TO YOU... IF YOU WANT INCEST TO BE MORALLY RIGHT... CAMPAIGN FOR IT. I REMEMBER THE VOICES OF A FEW CHANGING THE MIND OF A COUNTRY! NEW IDEAS WILL BLOSSOM! LOOK AT... HOMOSEXUALITY! IT WAS IMMORAL IN MOST PLACES 100 YEARS AGO. IT'S NOT IN MANY OF THOSE PLACES ANY MORE! YOU WANT TO HAVE A BABY WITH YOUR ---------- (word bleeped out to stop shaderwolf from puking when he reads my message) DO IT! YOU COULD START A REVOLUTION! I KNOW! I WAS THERE!
    For numbers I'll back you up on that. This voice is in everyones head somewhere, most folk try to block it out of fear though. Or maybe its some mysterious force at work; woooooooo. *Raises hands and waggles fingers*
    Not sure if any of you are aware of this....but there's actually a very good reason why you shouldn't sleep with you're sister.........apart from the high probability she might not actually want to sleep with you after having put up with you as an annoying brother for many years?

    If you are having these urges you are either very sad lonely and desperate, or you are mentally screwed up.

    Take the high road and find you're own hole to curl up in.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #129  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    YOU WHO'S SOLE RELIGION IS SCIENCE, HEAR ME! (some weird voice says from the back of your head)
    INCEST AS A MORAL MATTER IS ALSO BASED ON SOCIETY! OPHIODITE, THE ONE WHO KNOWS MENTIONS EGYPT. HE IS RIGHT! IN THAT SOCIETY INCEST WAS PRACTICED ALL THE TIME! I SHOULD KNOW. I AM (get this) KNOWLEDGE IN PHYSICAL FORM!!!!! I STATE TO YOU... IF YOU WANT INCEST TO BE MORALLY RIGHT... CAMPAIGN FOR IT. I REMEMBER THE VOICES OF A FEW CHANGING THE MIND OF A COUNTRY! NEW IDEAS WILL BLOSSOM! LOOK AT... HOMOSEXUALITY! IT WAS IMMORAL IN MOST PLACES 100 YEARS AGO. IT'S NOT IN MANY OF THOSE PLACES ANY MORE! YOU WANT TO HAVE A BABY WITH YOUR ---------- (word bleeped out to stop shaderwolf from puking when he reads my message) DO IT! YOU COULD START A REVOLUTION! I KNOW! I WAS THERE!


    THis forum considers long passages of capital letters to be equivalent to shouting and therefore bad manners, I have therefore turned down the volume on this post MB.


    Svwilmer.....i pity you're poor sister........she had better run!

    And for goodness sake put you're tongue back in or you'll be sent to rehab!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #130  
    Guest
    Now now, please do not print unneccessarily large print.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #131  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to yell. I haven't done that since though... I don't understand your last post unless it is refering to my one joke. Please explain, I don't want to be in trouble.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #132  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    YOU WHO'S SOLE RELIGION IS SCIENCE, HEAR ME! (some weird voice says from the back of your head)
    INCEST AS A MORAL MATTER IS ALSO BASED ON SOCIETY! OPHIODITE, THE ONE WHO KNOWS MENTIONS EGYPT. HE IS RIGHT! IN THAT SOCIETY INCEST WAS PRACTICED ALL THE TIME! I SHOULD KNOW. I AM (get this) KNOWLEDGE IN PHYSICAL FORM!!!!! I STATE TO YOU... IF YOU WANT INCEST TO BE MORALLY RIGHT... CAMPAIGN FOR IT. I REMEMBER THE VOICES OF A FEW CHANGING THE MIND OF A COUNTRY! NEW IDEAS WILL BLOSSOM! LOOK AT... HOMOSEXUALITY! IT WAS IMMORAL IN MOST PLACES 100 YEARS AGO. IT'S NOT IN MANY OF THOSE PLACES ANY MORE! YOU WANT TO HAVE A BABY WITH YOUR ---------- (word bleeped out to stop shaderwolf from puking when he reads my message) DO IT! YOU COULD START A REVOLUTION! I KNOW! I WAS THERE!
    For numbers I'll back you up on that. This voice is in everyones head somewhere, most folk try to block it out of fear though. Or maybe its some mysterious force at work; woooooooo. *Raises hands and waggles fingers*
    Not sure if any of you are aware of this....but there's actually a very good reason why you shouldn't sleep with you're sister.........apart from the high probability she might not actually want to sleep with you after having put up with you as an annoying brother for many years?

    If you are having these urges you are either very sad lonely and desperate, or you are mentally screwed up.

    Take the high road and find you're own hole to curl up in.
    What?! Are. You. On? I meant by backing him up that I was agreeing with his sarcasm to influence the point of how stupid and wrong incest is.

    My sister? WTF?

    The last joke WAS meant as a joke, Megabrain said no caps lock or large print, so I went overboard to just make a laugh.

    Bottom line Minxy. I think incest is the most vile, putrid form of sexuality next to peadophilia. And I am insulted by the fact that you could assinuate I have those kind of feelings for my sister, God just typing this makes me feel sick. My God (and I'm blashpheming here (how many times have I done it before on this forum?)). I will however take your comment as a midunderstanding, but I am still VERY cross.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #133  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    Oh, I didn't see the overboard one. Then I didn't make a second mistake? RELIEF! oops...

    p.s. I hope that was O.K. I turned down my own volume.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #134  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    I just got told off for the making it too big...it's your fault Svwilmer....i only know how to make it big!

    And he started it!

    I'm going to get 10 lashes now (she says hopefully)

    Now my eyes are hurting from squinting and you have put thoughts of incest in my head.

    I'm going..................

    I'm waiting MB
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #135  
    WYSIWYG Moderator marnixR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    5,760
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    I just got told off for the making it too big...
    just so that you know : size does matter
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." (Philip K. Dick)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #136  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    OOPS! oops again i shouted (sorry MB)

    aNd nOw I hAvE MaDe you VERY cross Svwilmer and i am very sorry. I mean that......i was actually joking as well

    Please dont be as hard on me as MB god he whips hard i can hardly walk now!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #137  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by marnixR
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    I just got told off for the making it too big...
    just so that you know : size does matter
    It's because the universe is expanding and so let's just go with the flow. The bigger the better :-D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #138  
    Guest
    At the risk of frightening all of you to death can we get back on topic now whatever the hell the topic was?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #139  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    At the risk of frightening all of you to death can we get back on topic now whatever the hell the topic was?
    Is homosexuality wrong? I'd like to edit the original question here because there is a lot of good evidence for and against. I believe it would be reasonable to spit it up into:

    Evolutionary
    Enviromental
    Social
    Cognitive
    Psychodynamic
    Grumpy old men
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #140  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    At the risk of frightening all of you to death can we get back on topic now whatever the hell the topic was?
    Is homosexuality wrong? I'd like to edit the original question here because there is a lot of good evidence for and against. I believe it would be reasonable to spit it up into:

    Evolutionary
    Enviromental
    Social
    Cognitive
    Psychodynamic
    Grumpy old men
    Grumpy old men?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #141  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    At the risk of frightening all of you to death can we get back on topic now whatever the hell the topic was?
    Is homosexuality wrong? I'd like to edit the original question here because there is a lot of good evidence for and against. I believe it would be reasonable to spit it up into:

    Evolutionary
    Enviromental
    Social
    Cognitive
    Psychodynamic
    Grumpy old men
    Grumpy old men?
    Yeah, they deserve their own brach of argumentitive ways :-D.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #142  
    Guest
    My answer would be "Only if it's not done properly", and that is a serious point, we define the words right and wrong, they simply do not exist in nature but homosexuality undoubtedly does. THe spectrum of feeling between males is far wider than just heter/gay there is a whole spectrum, there has to be as we are a pack animal it is perfectly ok for males to show affection to other males, my grandson hugs me when visiting, I have male friends that I hug from time to time to show and re-inforce my friendship, man is a pack animal and needs other males for company footballers all jump naked into a single bath after a match, okay the difference between me and a person who is gayt is that he may show more affection to another male than I would, what the fuck is the problem?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #143  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    My answer would be "Only if it's not done properly", and that is a serious point, we define the words right and wrong, they simply do not exist in nature but homosexuality undoubtedly does. THe spectrum of feeling between males is far wider than just heter/gay there is a whole spectrum, there has to be as we are a pack animal it is perfectly ok for males to show affection to other males, my grandson hugs me when visiting, I have male friends that I hug from time to time to show and re-inforce my friendship, man is a pack animal and needs other males for company footballers all jump naked into a single bath after a match, okay the difference between me and a person who is gayt is that he may show more affection to another male than I would, what the fuck is the problem?
    I'll be honest and accept all hypocrtical comments against me here. I have and do now and again, find this one guy attractive, he is very much like me in many ways. Yet I was scared that I may be so looked at other men in the same way (in my head of course), and felt sick and eeeeeeyuk. Goodness knows why I can have a fantasy about a guy and only the one (and even that fantasy is limited), yet none others. The scary thing is that he is the same about me, fortuantley we would never cross that boundary, and I most certainly hope that we never do. .
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #144  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    A sexual attraction? How many friends do you have that you really connect with? It might simply be a strong general attraction that points to him maybe being a potentially very good friend that could actually understand you, something you might never really have had?
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #145  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER
    A sexual attraction? How many friends do you have that you really connect with? It might simply be a strong general attraction that points to him maybe being a potentially very good friend that could actually understand you, something you might never really have had?
    Well it was a very good friends brother. I don't see him often anymore. The attraction is still there though.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #146  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Well it was a very good friends brother. I don't see him often anymore. The attraction is still there though.
    Is it the younger brother of the friend that committed suicide? Did you and your friend have the same amount of things in common that you have with his brother? Emotions can be a tricky thing. It is very difficult to try and apply reason to an emotional response.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #147  
    Guest
    YOu know after you have lived with women or been married for as long as I have you begin to think maybe... No wait, not yet ...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #148  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    He was a bit more into things like me and similar opinionated with me, unlike my good friend. I suppose I'm attracted to him in the same way I would a female that is like me, and like that I include sexuality into it for some reason :?.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #149  
    Guest
    http://mutualmastur.com/male.html

    On this site guys relate their experiences of mutual masturbation as teenagers, they do not consider themselves gay again I think it is merely another level of friendship.

    I remember being invited to take part in MM at around the age of thirteen or so but declined. I thought it was for pissing out of, not until the age of seventeen did I get any sex education, that was from a new girlfriend and boy was I scared (though I did go back for more after a few days...).

    SO I say it is not right or wrong it is nature.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #150  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    I suppose I'm attracted to him in the same way I would a female that is like me, and like that I include sexuality into it for some reason
    Well it does not sound like a gay situation to me. More likely you, as most of us whether we will admit it or not, think (and feel) of sexuality and companionship as part of the same package. I am having a thought now: Maybe we men naturally suppress the type of emotions that one would expect from a stereotypical female and then surrender to them more when you find yourself in a relationship with a female. That way, you would then bond more strongly with the female, as you now can relax and see your mate as the facilitator of this release and seek her companionship for partly that reason. This bond is necessary for a successful rearing of children, so the other urges relating to propagation of your genes (sex) come to the fore. You now have the correct evolved environment for successfully rearing the child. So then both aspects of this evolved criteria for pair bonding play its part in furthering your genes. Now in a situation where a male can possibly provide you with a similar level of release and companionship, the response governed by your evolved genes relating to propagation, automatically link a feeling of sexual desire to this (emotionally similar to female) companionship. It is neither evil nor wrong, so nothing to be ashamed about. As you say, you only have this feeling towards this one guy, so the thought of companionship and sex with other males still repulse you. Does that make sense? Where is Jeremy when you need him? Paralith!
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #151  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Svwillmer – are men grumpy because they put up with women and that’s why they decide to be gay? Or are they just grumpy?

    Megabrain! You said Fuck! Is that allowed?

    And Oh my God I cannot believe you are directing other users to a mutual masturbation web-site! After I got ten lashings just for making the letters too big!

    Do you know of any good lesbian sites?

    Actually Gay is not just the exclusive confines of men. And some of you have mixed (up?) feelings about male homosexuality. So here’s a question for you.

    Do you think it’s ok for a woman to be ‘Gay’ and lust after other women?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #152  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    nope
    actually... "lusting" is hard to control. If you lust, you lust, doesn't matter towards who. Weather you fight those urges or succumb... that's where you find the line between right and wrong.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #153  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    Svwillmer – are men grumpy because they put up with women and that’s why they decide to be gay? Or are they just grumpy?

    Megabrain! You said Fuck! Is that allowed?

    And Oh my God I cannot believe you are directing other users to a mutual masturbation web-site! After I got ten lashings just for making the letters too big!

    Do you know of any good lesbian sites?

    Actually Gay is not just the exclusive confines of men. And some of you have mixed (up?) feelings about male homosexuality. So here’s a question for you.

    Do you think it’s ok for a woman to be ‘Gay’ and lust after other women?

    I did NOT say that word, I may have typed it but I did not say it. It is allowed where in context, as an example I'll quote Billy Connolly (as close as I can remember from his appearance at Middle wallop).


    There are times when the word fuck is justified, for example, you are on a crowded underground train, and the gent behind you is gently caressing your buttocks, somehow "Excuse me interrupting what for you is clearly a pleasurable experience but could I ask you politely to desist" does not carry the same urgency as "Fuck off you pervert."
    My link to the site is merely to help explain that (IMHO) sexuality is not black and white, it is a rainbow I see no defined boundaries.

    And as for the twenty lashes, feel free to give them back anytime. :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #154  
    Forum Ph.D. verzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    919
    Thats the greatest line ever...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #155  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderwolf
    nope
    actually... "lusting" is hard to control. If you lust, you lust, doesn't matter towards who. Weather you fight those urges or succumb... that's where you find the line between right and wrong.
    Lusting is easy to control, especially if you're female, you just have to sit on your hands!

    And what's wrong with lust? And why fight it?

    I am lusting after a big cream cake right now that i was saving for tomorrow, but ah stuff it! I've had a tote and i've got the munchies.

    And i'm fed up with sitting on my hands :P
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #156  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Minxy
    Svwillmer – are men grumpy because they put up with women and that’s why they decide to be gay? Or are they just grumpy?

    Megabrain! You said Fuck! Is that allowed?

    And Oh my God I cannot believe you are directing other users to a mutual masturbation web-site! After I got ten lashings just for making the letters too big!

    Do you know of any good lesbian sites?

    Actually Gay is not just the exclusive confines of men. And some of you have mixed (up?) feelings about male homosexuality. So here’s a question for you.

    Do you think it’s ok for a woman to be ‘Gay’ and lust after other women?

    I did NOT say that word, I may have typed it but I did not say it. It is allowed where in context, as an example I'll quote Billy Connolly (as close as I can remember from his appearance at Middle wallop).


    There are times when the word fuck is justified, for example, you are on a crowded underground train, and the gent behind you is gently caressing your buttocks, somehow "Excuse me interrupting what for you is clearly a pleasurable experience but could I ask you politely to desist" does not carry the same urgency as "Fuck off you pervert."
    My link to the site is merely to help explain that (IMHO) sexuality is not black and white, it is a rainbow I see no defined boundaries.

    And as for the twenty lashes, feel free to give them back anytime. :wink:
    Right!

    I got lashings for putting the text too big and you said i was SHOUTING! Or being rude. As if i would!

    So if you are justified to say fuck because it's not actually said but typed. That rule therefore must apply to my supposed shouting?

    I will gladly return the lashings, and i must warn you i am very good at it and never miss :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #157  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Let me tell you a story...........

    When i was but a little girl of a very tender age, i was in infants school, about age 6 or 7, i had crushes on girls! Shock, horror!
    And i had a particular crush on a girl a year older than me. I fancied her so much that i sent my friend to ask her out, just as you would, or i would, a boy.
    And my friend duly asked and she said yes.

    This girl was my 'girlfriend' for several weeks and she used to come round my house to play (i'm not going into any more detail unless you pay me lots of money) And then it fizzled out, like it does.

    The thing was i remember very clearly. None of my friends thought it strange. I was not ridiculed, ostracised or had fingers pointed!
    It was taken as perfectly normal and acceptable. None of them batted an eyelid!

    Because we didn't know any 'better' or perhaps not educated yet in the concept of 'gay' or the fear of homophobia?

    I wondered what we'd be like in our original form free from societies ideology or infection by memes
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #158  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    No knowledge = innocence. From the mouths of babes. Children are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

    So the story goes. Kids a re innocent, what they do must be right if they don't feel guilt.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #159  
    Forum Professor captaincaveman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,377
    hey minxy, i just realised you are from the same neck of the woods as myself, now thats scary
    CAPTAINCAVEMAN


    I ANSWER TO NO-ONE - The wonders of athiesm

    that which does not kill us only postpones the inevitable
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #160  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    No knowledge = innocence. From the mouths of babes. Children are the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.
    "When you cannot form a rational sentence, quote from the bible"

    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    So the story goes. Kids a re innocent, what they do must be right if they don't feel guilt.
    I wonder if James Bulger's parents would agree with that....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #161  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Children. 8+ is when everything changes and they begin to know more.

    Anything below that is age is my generalisation.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #162  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Children. 8+ is when everything changes and they begin to know more.

    Anything below that is age is my generalisation.
    I like the way in your world everything is black and white, at 8 years everything changes, in truth although murder by children under the age of ten is extremely rare there are documented cases of assult that clearly show the only reason death did not occur was due to the assailant having insufficient physical strength. Young boys of age 2 to 5 often pull girls hair with all the strength they can summon, if they were sufficiently strong enough to pull girls heads off the human race would have died out a long time ago. THis crap that kids are somehow sweet and innocent is real bullshit, when you get a bit older and have kids of your own watch them carefully, until kids are tamed/broken in, (like wild horses) they are wild animals - kids that aren't tamed are the ones that end up as criminals they have never learnt social responsibility.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #163  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Children. 8+ is when everything changes and they begin to know more.

    Anything below that is age is my generalisation.
    I like the way in your world everything is black and white, at 8 years everything changes, in truth although murder by children under the age of ten is extremely rare there are documented cases of assult that clearly show the only reason death did not occur was due to the assailant having insufficient physical strength. Young boys of age 2 to 5 often pull girls hair with all the strength they can summon, if they were sufficiently strong enough to pull girls heads off the human race would have died out a long time ago. THis crap that kids are somehow sweet and innocent is real bullshit, when you get a bit older and have kids of your own watch them carefully, until kids are tamed/broken in, (like wild horses) they are wild animals - kids that aren't tamed are the ones that end up as criminals they have never learnt social responsibility.
    I've grown up around kids MB, I've been one and remember the way I was raised and I was raised 90% in fear. Of coruse everything changes at 8, kids begin to start the concrete operational stage of their development. Children only copy adults, what they bad do before 8 is that of adults do.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #164  
    Guest
    That is complete bullshit, tell me where did my son get the idea of pulling his sister's hair? you think he picked up that skill from his mother or I ???

    What about the time he pissed on the floor?

    And a million other events he could not have learned from anybody else?

    You may well have grown up around kids, that does not mean you have objectively watched their behaviour from an adult's point of view.

    NO it means that like all kids your age you think you know it all whereas infact you more likely know sod all, if parents locked you out you'd probably die of starvation on their doorstep! :wink:
    Reply With Quote  
     

  65. #165  
    The Doctor Quantime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,546
    They've got it from being experimental, testing the water, kids do it you know that. More the side that what they say is innocence not always what they do. I understand your point of view and respect that you may have more experience in the situation, don't forget though as I say to my father and my younger brother and sister, the modern world is FAR different than the time he grew up, or even me. Just look at how many kids turn out ok. I had a fairly decent upbringing and am only just getting on par with a decent life, if it wasn't for science I'd be a religious n.u.t.
    "If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe". - Carl Sagan
    Reply With Quote  
     

  66. #166  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    until kids are tamed/broken in, (like wild horses) they are wild animals - kids that aren't tamed are the ones that end up as criminals they have never learnt social responsibility.
    I like this and it seems entirely reasonable. Now given this fact, one would have to think about how such a child would develop on its own if it were raised by some other animal. That is why on another thread I pondered the possibility that social behavior evolved in a very real sense independent of genes in our past. Our genes merely give us the tools to successfully integrate the social norms into our day-to-day operating system of sorts. We might think of this operating system as our personalities. That is why indoctrination is so powerful.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  67. #167  
    Guest
    What I wrote was a personal theory I have from observation, my son used to delight in pulling his elder sisters hair, having told him not to do this (on two occasions) I then pulled his hair, not lightly either enough in fact to make him cry with pain. He nevre pulled his sisters hair again after that, irrespective of the morality of what I did he has turned out to be a hardworking, caring and very intelligent person, his 13 year old son is due to take a series of GCSE's 3 years early.

    I have several brothers and sisters (6 bro's and two si's) and around 20 nephews and nieces, that is a good sample to have watched grow up, and so far I have seen nothing to show that my hypothesis is incorrect.

    OK they are all within one family so there is an unknown but I have limited experience of watching the children of friends grow and again I see nothing there to sway this belief. THese observations have been gathered ovre a period of well over 50 years.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  68. #168  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    Quote Originally Posted by svwillmer
    Children. 8+ is when everything changes and they begin to know more.

    Anything below that is age is my generalisation.
    I like the way in your world everything is black and white, at 8 years everything changes, in truth although murder by children under the age of ten is extremely rare there are documented cases of assult that clearly show the only reason death did not occur was due to the assailant having insufficient physical strength. Young boys of age 2 to 5 often pull girls hair with all the strength they can summon, if they were sufficiently strong enough to pull girls heads off the human race would have died out a long time ago. THis crap that kids are somehow sweet and innocent is real bullshit, when you get a bit older and have kids of your own watch them carefully, until kids are tamed/broken in, (like wild horses) they are wild animals - kids that aren't tamed are the ones that end up as criminals they have never learnt social responsibility.
    I've grown up around kids MB, I've been one and remember the way I was raised and I was raised 90% in fear. Of coruse everything changes at 8, kids begin to start the concrete operational stage of their development. Children only copy adults, what they bad do before 8 is that of adults do.
    Having raised a now 13 yr old boy single handed and worked with children of various ages throughout my life i can honestly say, hand on heart, that children can often be devious manipulative heartless and 'orrible little shits!
    Yes they can be angelic when they are asleep, and innocence really probably lasts for the first year.

    I agree with you Svwillmer, they learn from adults and so there is a huge responsability for a parent to demonstrate to a child the right things. But that is always incredibly difficult when we are not perfect ourselves and sometimes get things wrong.
    I've also worked with social services and isolation units in schools and seen the results of bad parenting.

    Every parent must learn the art of tough love amidst all the rosy ideals.

    And so I also agree with you MB that they are like wild animals that need training, most definitely. A child is forgiven because they are not fully aware of the consequences yet and all they are doing is trying on different ways and guises, to see what suits, but more often than not to see what they can get away with!

    I did the same. If my son came up and slapped me as a toddler i slapped him back. He was horrified! But it soon put an end to it and he learn't the meaning of the saying 'treat others as you wish to be treated' very quickly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  69. #169  
    Guest
    Yeah, if we did that today, we'd be locked up, then when our kids run amok we'ed be responsible for that two.

    If the government wants to tell us how to bring up kids then the government (not us) should be responsible for their behaviour.

    THinking of Jack straw's kid (whilst jack was Home secretary) And Tony blair's kid (whilst Tony was PM) who both fell foul of the law.

    Being told how to bring up kids by the house of lords (half queer half foreign and half criminal) does not gel with me!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  70. #170  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    223
    Government!?

    Excuse me whilst i spit!

    I am sick of this nanny state and the way they stick their oars in!

    They can only get away with it if people sit back and let them.

    And too many bloody people do!

    Too many parents think that when their children enter school that they have handed over responsibility to the state and can just let them get on with it.

    Coupled with a Government that thinks it's ok to enslave people like pig fodder to miserable paying jobs and paying off rip off mortgages and bills, so they have no time or energy to be good parents even if they wanted to be!

    It's a fucking disgrace!

    Every day i see kids wandering the streets with no direction and no hope except the prospect of a criminal delinquency and no awareness there may be anything better because they haven't been shown.

    This is a subject close to my heart, don't get me on my high horse now or it might bolt!

    Still this thread was about homosexuality
    Reply With Quote  
     

  71. #171  
    Forum Bachelors Degree Shaderwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    OPSEC, baby. Sorry.
    Posts
    425
    Hey, I grew up with friends in the Mexican Mafia ect. My neighborhood was blue. I turned out pretty well I think.

    As for the government... I guess I'm glad I live in America. I don't want some "nanny state" bossing me around... :wink:

    People giving their children up to their educators for raising... that's a worldwide problem. Fortunately, my little girl is well taken care of. In fact, I've probably spoiled her.

    Kids with no direction and/or hope? That is just society. find anyone with visible potential, and pick them out of the norm.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •