Notices
Results 1 to 36 of 36
Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By billvon
  • 2 Post By Flick Montana
  • 1 Post By Paleoichneum
  • 3 Post By adelady
  • 1 Post By Strange
  • 1 Post By KALSTER
  • 1 Post By Flick Montana

Thread: Why is it "wrong" to judge strangers?

  1. #1 Why is it "wrong" to judge strangers? 
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548

    Right and wrong don't exist, as all know, but why does society say it's wrong to judge strangers?

    I'm not judgmental, but then I often would judge others in my mind (not in action, I don't care about them enough) if they look good/bad/neat/scruffy/sexy/bad-looking what have you. IMO, it's normal, since we all have pre-conceptions. Also, I know others may judge me, so it's all normal/equal.

    And can thoughts (or actions for that matter) be controlled? I think it's difficult to do so 100% of the time. So it figures IMO that judging is common and should be standard.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    It's not wrong to judge someone or something by its appearance. If you stop at that initial appraisal you may be missing out on details, but judging a person or a thing is simply your way of determining how you should act toward it.

    Is it wrong to judge a person who appears to be speaking angrily to themselves and act upon that judgment by distancing yourself? If they are a sociopath, no. If they were on their bluetooth and they're actually a nice person ... no. You acted on your perception of the situation. If your ancestors didn't judge based upon looks, they wouldn't have survived long after they left the valley.

    In the interest of fairness, you should probably not stop your appraisal at surface level, but you have to start somewhere.


    Stargate likes this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    if they look good/bad/neat/scruffy/sexy/bad-looking what have you. IMO, it's normal, since we all have pre-conceptions.
    Well there are two separate issues there.

    If you judge someone on whether they are a slob or not? That's judging someone by their actions (what they do for their own personal hygiene.) The guy who hasn't showered in two weeks, and has yesterday's lunch in his beard, is deciding not to engage in even basic personal hygiene. Same goes for people who are loud and abusive, or rude, or smokers etc.

    If you judge someone because they are black? That has nothing to do with their actions - it has to do with what they were born with. That, to me, is more of a problem, since the color of their skin doesn't tell you what kind of person they are like.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by billvon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    if they look good/bad/neat/scruffy/sexy/bad-looking what have you. IMO, it's normal, since we all have pre-conceptions.
    Well there are two separate issues there.

    If you judge someone on whether they are a slob or not? That's judging someone by their actions (what they do for their own personal hygiene.) The guy who hasn't showered in two weeks, and has yesterday's lunch in his beard, is deciding not to engage in even basic personal hygiene. Same goes for people who are loud and abusive, or rude, or smokers etc.

    If you judge someone because they are black? That has nothing to do with their actions - it has to do with what they were born with. That, to me, is more of a problem, since the color of their skin doesn't tell you what kind of person they are like.
    The two equate. So why is it "wrong"?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,274
    Judging people based on things that CAN change is okay, because the person in question has decided to be that way and so the judgement is justified.

    Judging people based on things they CAN'T change is wrong, because they have no option in the matter and so your bias towards them is unwarranted.

    "I don't like that guy because he's gay or black." = Wrong.

    "I don't like that guy because he's an a**hole." = Justified.

    However you should be aware NOT to judge people based on appearances, only by their thoughts and deeds. A homeless guy may have a "heart of gold" or that sexy hunky guy may be a shallow bitch.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    I wouldn't say it is 'wrong' to say, "I don't like that guy because he's black." It would be wrong if you said, "That guy can fly because he's black." Not liking someone based on an initial judgment is pretty ignorant, but it's your prerogative.

    If I had a been mugged by a group of black people in hoodies and started avoiding people who appeared that way, is that wrong of me? Is it wrong of us to pass judgment on people who are passing judgment without knowing their rationale?

    Basically, I would say it is a poor decision to come to a conclusion without as much information as you can reasonably gather, but it isn't 'wrong'.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,274
    Hmm, point taken.

    I admit I'm always wary when I'm alone and there's a group of teenagers close by.

    Should it considered judgmental to form an opinion based on past experiences, or just based on second-hand information? "That gang of youths is intimidating, I should keep my distance." "That woman wearing a Burqa might be a terrorist." "That guy in the sparkly pink shirt might try and turn my young son gay." "That long-haired lad with the piercings must be a drug addict."

    Perhaps there are two levels of judgement. One based on experience and one based on unverified presumption?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    Judging people based on things that CAN change is okay, because the person in question has decided to be that way and so the judgement is justified.

    Judging people based on things they CAN'T change is wrong, because they have no option in the matter and so your bias towards them is unwarranted.

    "I don't like that guy because he's gay or black." = Wrong.

    "I don't like that guy because he's an a**hole." = Justified.

    However you should be aware NOT to judge people based on appearances, only by their thoughts and deeds. A homeless guy may have a "heart of gold" or that sexy hunky guy may be a shallow bitch.
    Says who? How do you know how people actually think, can you read thoughts? lol.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    The two equate. So why is it "wrong"?
    No, they don't. One is judging people based on their actions, or on the results of their actions. The other one is judging people based on their skin color, or something else they have no control over. Two different things, IMO.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Professor
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    If I had a been mugged by a group of black people in hoodies and started avoiding people who appeared that way, is that wrong of me?
    Is it wrong to fear black people based on that one experience? Yes. Is it natural? Also yes - which is why it's such a problem.
    Daecon likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    HTM fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    227
    I don't if it's wrong, but I think not judging might be slightly better. There are factors about people which make them more likely to have certain traits. For example, there are certain regions of the U.S. where more people are religious. Similarly, there are certain regions of the U.S. where more people (or all) live in rural areas, and therefore might need to work on a farm or whatnot.
    The problem with judging is that prejudice and bias are wrong. Sure, an aspect might make someone more likely to be X, but you need to let people earn or lose your respect by showing their personality. Assume people are kind at first, because not doing so would be rude.
    If I could, I would control my emotions in a way which best benefits myself and society. That's hard though, maybe impossible. But it's good to try, so everyone should.
    "It is the ability to make predictions about the future that is the crux of intelligence."
    -Jeff Hawkins.
    For example, you can predict that 3+5=8. You can predict what sequence of muscle commands you should generate during a conversation, or whether an object is a desk or a chair. The brain is very complicated, but that is essentially how intelligence works. Instinct, emotions, and behavior are somewhat seperate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Wrong according to whom? and why? Right and wrong are very transient, and frankly don't really exist. I would define right and wrong per social action purely. 100 years ago, it was not "wrong" to judge others on appearance or association with another group (namely blacks or other non-whites in the USA).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by billvon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    If I had a been mugged by a group of black people in hoodies and started avoiding people who appeared that way, is that wrong of me?
    Is it wrong to fear black people based on that one experience? Yes. Is it natural? Also yes - which is why it's such a problem.
    The hard part is looking past the skin color or outward appearance to see the real indicators. If I stopped at saying, "I was attacked by a black person, so I should be wary of black people" I would be completely caught off guard if I wandered into another dangerous neighborhood and got mugged by a white person.

    It's natural, but not particularly beneficial in terms of our safety.
    adelady and dan hunter like this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
     

  16. #15  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    And yes, Pres. Coolidge most likely was racially enlightened, as were most white Americans of both his presidency and lifetime... lol..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope zinjanthropos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Driving in my car
    Posts
    3,812
    There are times when judging people you would not want to make an error in judgment. I think there's a built-in defence mechanism we all have. In a situation where judging someone may mean the difference between life or death, good or harm, then you better not make a mistake. You may only get one chance and it may be wiser to err on the side of caution. If you want to avoid walking down the street because there is a group of teenagers present then I see no problem with that. I think that if you fear the worst in such a situation that involves judging other people then one is perfectly justified in the name of self preservation to make any judgment they see fit to avoid it.
    All that belongs to human understanding, in this deep ignorance and obscurity, is to be skeptical, or at least cautious; and not to admit of any hypothesis, whatsoever; much less, of any which is supported by no appearance of probability...Hume
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    People are people and there is good and bad everywhere.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    [QUOTE=dan hunter;531262]People are people and there is good and bad everywhere.[/QUOTE

    Perhaps, but then nobody is really owed the approval of others. Besides, since nobody can read your thoughts, who is to say that you don't continuously judge others?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    738
    I judge everyone the same. I believe that all people are guilty until proven innocent. But then again, I admit that I don't like people much.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,408
    [QUOTE=sarnamluvu;531540]
    Quote Originally Posted by dan hunter View Post
    People are people and there is good and bad everywhere.[/QUOTE

    Perhaps, but then nobody is really owed the approval of others. Besides, since nobody can read your thoughts, who is to say that you don't continuously judge others?
    I do judge others. I just try to be fair about it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope Paleoichneum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    4,565
    Can we please get all of sarnamluvus morality threads merged into one? They are purport to be on different topics, but all cover the exact same ground on sarnamluvus personal detest of others.
    stonecutter likes this.
    If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin Oakenshield

    The needs of the many outweigh the need of the few - Spock of Vulcan & Sentinel Prime of Cybertron ---proof that "the needs" are in the eye of the beholder.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    Forum Professor Daecon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,274
    Ditto with his/her/its* hypocritical "I hate psychology and psychologists are evil and my friend is a psychologist and psychology=religion" crap.

    (*On the assumption that it's some advanced kind of spambot.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    city of wine and roses
    Posts
    6,225
    Can we please get all of sarnamluvus morality threads merged into one? They are purport to be on different topics, but all cover the exact same ground on sarnamluvus personal detest of others.
    I've thought of that. But all it would do is emphasise the one note monotony of the OP's "contributions" to the various threads but be completely incomprehensible with others' comments actually addressing the various starting memes appearing at unrelated points in the no-longer-a-conversation.

    I'm thinking that I'm getting absolutely nowhere with more or less reasonable comments so I might retreat to moderating only and perhaps delete certain tediously predictable comments that are mere repetitions with no attempt to engage with others' views.

    sarnamluvu - Take this as a warning.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Winston Churchill
    "nature is like a game of Jenga; you never know which brick you pull out will cause the whole stack to collapse" Lucy Cooke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    Ditto with his/her/its* hypocritical "I hate psychology and psychologists are evil and my friend is a psychologist and psychology=religion" crap.

    (*On the assumption that it's some advanced kind of spambot.)
    There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy. I'm a human..
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,539
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    (*On the assumption that it's some advanced kind of spambot.)
    He doesn't show the level of emotional maturity and ability to engage in a dialogue that I would expect from a bot.
    RedPanda likes this.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleoichneum View Post
    Can we please get all of sarnamluvus morality threads merged into one? They are purport to be on different topics, but all cover the exact same ground on sarnamluvus personal detest of others.
    I don't really believe in morality. Though I don't generally care about your morals, I contradict all I like, no matter how others "hate it" or "think it's not my place".
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    [QUOTE=dan hunter;531649]
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dan hunter View Post
    People are people and there is good and bad everywhere.[/QUOTE

    Perhaps, but then nobody is really owed the approval of others. Besides, since nobody can read your thoughts, who is to say that you don't continuously judge others?
    I do judge others. I just try to be fair about it.
    OK. I don't believe that, nor need to, but then yeah, you make me laugh nonetheless.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    Ditto with his/her/its* hypocritical "I hate psychology and psychologists are evil and my friend is a psychologist and psychology=religion" crap.

    (*On the assumption that it's some advanced kind of spambot.)
    There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy. I'm a human..
    How self-indulgent that is. You are taking a moral stance by calling the absence of morals as not being wrong. You fail to realize that, especially in humans, cultural evolution is as much a part of our overall evolution as the material stuff is. Culture is something that is taught and it includes a set of morals. Those morals evolve in part in response to the complexities of a group of intelligent, social animals having to survive their environment, each other and other groups.

    For instance, there is the Dunbar number, which seems to put a limit on the number of people we can feel really close to, determined by both our mental capacity and the size of our tribes back in the day. We are capable of holding two very different set of morals pertaining to fellow human beings based solely on if they are part of our "tribe" or not, though we seem to be able to blur the lines somewhat, facilitating things like trade.

    But you seem to be arguing that those long evolved morals are somehow artificial and not part of being human, while the opposite is quite obviously true. Your argument is selfish and anti-social.
    stonecutter likes this.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by adelady View Post
    Can we please get all of sarnamluvus morality threads merged into one? They are purport to be on different topics, but all cover the exact same ground on sarnamluvus personal detest of others.
    I've thought of that. But all it would do is emphasise the one note monotony of the OP's "contributions" to the various threads but be completely incomprehensible with others' comments actually addressing the various starting memes appearing at unrelated points in the no-longer-a-conversation.

    I'm thinking that I'm getting absolutely nowhere with more or less reasonable comments so I might retreat to moderating only and perhaps delete certain tediously predictable comments that are mere repetitions with no attempt to engage with others' views.

    sarnamluvu - Take this as a warning.
    It's not my intention here to cause a ruckus. I may cite contradictory statements, but then I figure if all others do it, so can I it's a free world (though as said I don't believe in fatalism as many others do). So if this irks people, so be it, they're not important to me and they amuse me for being abnormal.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    Ditto with his/her/its* hypocritical "I hate psychology and psychologists are evil and my friend is a psychologist and psychology=religion" crap.

    (*On the assumption that it's some advanced kind of spambot.)
    There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy. I'm a human..
    How self-indulgent that is. You are taking a moral stance by calling the absence of morals as not being wrong. You fail to realize that, especially in humans, cultural evolution is as much a part of our overall evolution as the material stuff is. Culture is something that is taught and it includes a set of morals. Those morals evolve in part in response to the complexities of a group of intelligent, social animals having to survive their environment, each other and other groups.

    For instance, there is the Dunbar number, which seems to put a limit on the number of people we can feel really close to, determined by both our mental capacity and the size of our tribes back in the day. We are capable of holding two very different set of morals pertaining to fellow human beings based solely on if they are part of our "tribe" or not, though we seem to be able to blur the lines somewhat, facilitating things like trade.

    But you seem to be arguing that those long evolved morals are somehow artificial and not part of being human, while the opposite is quite obviously true. Your argument is selfish and anti-social.
    It is? I'm just being human. If that offends you, then that's your own issue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    It's not my intention here to cause a ruckus.
    I call BS. It's all you've done. People don't put "lol" at the end of a statement to insight intelligent debate. You get a rise out of annoying people with what you think is some kind of profound morality discovery.

    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    I may cite contradictory statements, but then I figure if all others do it, so can I it's a free world
    It's not really a free world. That depends upon where you live. More to the point, this isn't a free forum. You don't have constitutional rights here. If you don't stop being a pest and contribute something of value, you will find yourself banned. Personally, I'm surprised you've gotten away with your nonsense as long as you have.

    So, you're "free" to post whatever you want so long as you understand that not abiding by forum etiquette can result in being tossed out.

    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    So if this irks people, so be it, they're not important to me and they amuse me for being abnormal.
    Name one person here who has said, "I subscribe to fatalism."

    Personally, I think you're abnormal for being a Taoist, which you haven't said you are but I am assigning that term to you because I have no morals (or whatever the hell goes on in your head).
    stonecutter likes this.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Forum Professor scoobydoo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,240
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    There's nothing wrong with hypocrisy. I'm a human..
    How self-indulgent that is.

    ...

    Your argument is selfish and anti-social.
    Actually, sarnamluvu's efforts at building a or any case for any of his positions are self-refuting or self-negating by way of contradictions. And since the meat of the text that is presented mostly negate themselves, all that is left is the attitude that accompanies them as an outlet for trolling. I tend to think of it as creationist's cherry picking the bits they like about science and throwing the rest out the window when it suits them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    It's not my intention here to cause a ruckus.
    I call BS. It's all you've done. People don't put "lol" at the end of a statement to insight intelligent debate. You get a rise out of annoying people with what you think is some kind of profound morality discovery.
    Damn written mannerisms and internet vernacular...

    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    I may cite contradictory statements, but then I figure if all others do it, so can I it's a free world
    It's not really a free world. That depends upon where you live. More to the point, this isn't a free forum. You don't have constitutional rights here. If you don't stop being a pest and contribute something of value, you will find yourself banned. Personally, I'm surprised you've gotten away with your nonsense as long as you have.
    [/quote]

    People can do as they please, thus it is a free world. As for constitutional rights, meh, I'm not American so I don't care what the Founding Fathers thought was moral.
    So, you're "free" to post whatever you want so long as you understand that not abiding by forum etiquette can result in being tossed out.
    Yes, I understand that. ALL human behaviour exists within a context.

    Quote Originally Posted by sarnamluvu View Post
    So if this irks people, so be it, they're not important to me and they amuse me for being abnormal.
    Name one person here who has said, "I subscribe to fatalism."

    Personally, I think you're abnormal for being a Taoist, which you haven't said you are but I am assigning that term to you because I have no morals (or whatever the hell goes on in your head).[/QUOTE]

    It's heavily insinuated, by you, others, and well society. Not my place to say what you all think or value, but then I don't have to agree with it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Life-Size Nanoputian Flick Montana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Flatland
    Posts
    5,438
    "I told you so" would be wildly inappropriate...but I don't subscribe to your morals.
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." -Calvin
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Daecon View Post
    Hmm, point taken.

    I admit I'm always wary when I'm alone and there's a group of teenagers close by.

    Should it considered judgmental to form an opinion based on past experiences, or just based on second-hand information? "That gang of youths is intimidating, I should keep my distance." "That woman wearing a Burqa might be a terrorist." "That guy in the sparkly pink shirt might try and turn my young son gay." "That long-haired lad with the piercings must be a drug addict."

    Perhaps there are two levels of judgement. One based on experience and one based on unverified presumption?
    I think it depends on the world people create around themselves. If you do not judge people based on what you have experienced, how would you valuate their presents? I want to think when one judges the other as a must, they should leave room for the opposite as a sort of control.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    44
    I don't think it's wrong to judge people. I feel that judging people is a subconscious method for our mind to tell us whether we should be wary about someone or not.

    It's only wrong if you start discriminating them or when you start saying what you feel out loud and begin offending people around.

    I think it's practically impossible to not judge someone when you first see them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Similar Threads

  1. In the films: "Einstein is wrong"
    By Devon Keogh in forum Physics
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
  2. "There are never right or wrong opinions"
    By Kyleg in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: January 24th, 2012, 06:51 PM
  3. "Dating" posts split from "Purpose of life" thread
    By Christopher Ball in forum Pseudoscience
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: October 16th, 2011, 05:37 AM
  4. "Einstein was wrong!! And Evil!!"
    By That Rascal Puff in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: August 20th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •