Notices
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: do we have to kill the god?

  1. #1 do we have to kill the god? 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    14
    imagine far in the future, when we are in the blink of take control over the known universe

    if the god is guardian of the universe,will we be able to co-exist with him? or do we have to kill him for our own existence,

    one can imagine that he will not be that stupid to allow us to take control over the universe.so he can kill us the movement he want to.

    may be we are not smart enough to take control over the universe,what if we are smart enough to take control over the universe, so do we have to kill the god?


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,168
    If we are smart enough and powerful enough to take over the Universe, we are God.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Guest
    And if we're that egotistical, then yes we'll call ourselves god.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    Furst we must steal his ufo. Else meaningless. In fact it might be meaningless anyway. Cause he's got a phasegun. Pah!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Guest
    But we have nukes!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    I've heard that he is invisible. If he expose himself "with audio", how do you know where to aim?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingQuietly
    I've heard that he is invisible. If he expose himself "with audio", how do you know where to aim?
    Calculate the point of origin of the soundwaves and spray him with a BFG2000 8)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Forum Bachelors Degree charles brough's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    joplin MO USA
    Posts
    425
    Looking into the future, I cannot imagine us expanding out into and colonizing the universe if we still cling to the old "spirit" concepts and allow our science to continue being corrupted by it.

    Like everything else, religions are expendable. None last forever. We will outgrow the ones which now hold us back.

    charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com
    Brough,
    civilization-overview (dot) com

    --------------------
    There are no accidents, just someone taking too much risk. . . (CB)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by charles brough
    Looking into the future, I cannot imagine us expanding out into and colonizing the universe if we still cling to the old "spirit" concepts and allow our science to continue being corrupted by it.

    Like everything else, religions are expendable. None last forever. We will outgrow the ones which now hold us back.

    charles, http://humanpurpose.simplenet.com


    we have survived six mass extinction(but we were in differnt form) 65 million years ago we were something like rat, our rat like adam and eve should not have thought my sons would one day walk on the moon.

    one day we will walk on stars and blockholes,bit hard,let's hope,for that rat when the comet was coming to hit the earth 65 million years ago(.....i am not gonna die today...and my sons(us))
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Ph.D. Steve Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Magdeburg, Saxony-Anhalt, Germany
    Posts
    782
    I think if you first started thinking about necessity of killing god when the universe was to
    take over, this never will happen. Human mankind was neither about to take over the
    whole universe nor coming closed to such point. It's not just fictional.

    What is the fact, the correct name for what was conceived as you name 'universe' was not
    known. There are others like space, cosmos, all, vacuum? Good, as one sees it in English
    the only correct name might be universe. Space or outer space is likely meaning a region
    closed to earth. But, anyway, to talk about the universe we had to know about a volume
    expansion it had got, which we don't, and I think, never won't. The dimensions alone we
    assume from still being on earth are so immense we're again confronted with other
    questions like how to get there or likely even why. A closer look insight it by entering
    regions known as outer space human mankind has got today. The fact of weightlessness
    was discovered. But other questions like which region in spaces will be useful to explore
    as source of information were not answered.

    Getting closer was to think about efforts which have to undertaken leaving our galaxy. As
    the star treks Voyager was lost in space its lost in half the distance of the galaxy if I tape-
    recorded this right. As this really was the case everyone would agree not to undertake
    such efforts. What for? And this question than was serious.

    The only other interesting idea was the unknown existence of a second, third.... till a star
    number volume of planets earth which might exist in other galaxies that have originated as
    the one we live in and, therefore, do make same evolution. This I could think of someone
    who will be born does focus on. As a result of technologies known from data recorded of
    the operation of space ships one could, I think, make some kind of machine (wrongly named
    time machine ) to get to a distant galaxy where a second, under circumstances specific,
    planet earth was being.

    So than it will start to be confusing for most guys of this admittedly distant time. Therefore,
    the same planet might be at an other region in space it might also have been existed here,
    where the present earth was, or the next earth in common with a new galaxy will be. And
    than it was likely to say one travels through time(s ) which but in fact can't be I do insist on.

    Than, as I think I have put to my web space already, when you were able not to focus on a
    second planet earth you will be able to set data as for leaving earth as well for entering an
    other world which simply will be as the values which were set. Here it yet plays no roll
    where this, a planet normally, will be or in the broadest sense what it will be like but if
    indeed the hardware makes it, if the scientific approach was successful. End of song due
    to the fact people are just acting if they are about to satisfy some needs they do have I
    would say.

    An old lady I was used to in times back used to have a old gramophone and a couple of
    Shellac (so they were called ) records. The gramophone still was ok and played the
    records. One song went, So lange der Bauch in die Weste, passt wird keine Arbeit
    angefasst ( As long as the belly is fitting in the vest no work was being touched ). The old
    women was very laborious, so to say, but she liked that song as well. And I have this still
    in mind and remember from there, there really need to be some reason making you start
    thinking, and working afterwards cause its exhausting. And as you do know all about you
    could and even think of no one would want to know in fact you couldn't. You just want to
    know so far as you can approve the issue you have been thinking about experimentally.

    Steve
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Guest
    If God carries a colt 45 and we've survived six extinctions, then I reckon the bastard's missed us and we are in the clear! - so let's get there before he can reload!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    If God carries a colt 45 and we've survived six extinctions, then I reckon the bastard's missed us and we are in the clear! - so let's get there before he can reload!
    he can still throw rocks at us to pretty good effect.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    If God carries a colt 45 and we've survived six extinctions, then I reckon the bastard's missed us and we are in the clear! - so let's get there before he can reload!
    he can still throw rocks at us to pretty good effect.
    and fire-bombs. He just hasn't had enough fuel for a powerful enough solar flare yet.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    If God carries a colt 45 and we've survived six extinctions, then I reckon the bastard's missed us and we are in the clear! - so let's get there before he can reload!
    he can still throw rocks at us to pretty good effect.
    and fire-bombs. He just hasn't had enough fuel for a powerful enough solar flare yet.
    ahh and then theres those dastadly vacuum cleaners. we're just lucky he always misses a couple billion of spots when the cleaning gets done.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Sophomore Kabooom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    102
    In all seriousness, I like this question. One of the few philosophical topics I have never heard come up before. My belief in God is better described as a greater power. If we were ever to attain this greater power's (possibly more than one) abilities then I would think we would co-exist. By that time we would not even be reminiscent of what we consider human now. 'We' would likely have a total different mind set, and if this greater power would allow us to reach his level I would think it would only be if it knew it was safe.
    WHAT?!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    If God carries a colt 45 and we've survived six extinctions, then I reckon the bastard's missed us and we are in the clear! - so let's get there before he can reload!
    he can still throw rocks at us to pretty good effect.
    and fire-bombs. He just hasn't had enough fuel for a powerful enough solar flare yet.
    ahh and then theres those dastadly vacuum cleaners. we're just lucky he always misses a couple billion of spots when the cleaning gets done.
    Don't forget the time-bomb he set (the sun). Lets just hope we escape soon enough. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Kabooom
    In all seriousness, I like this question. One of the few philosophical topics I have never heard come up before. My belief in God is better described as a greater power. If we were ever to attain this greater power's (possibly more than one) abilities then I would think we would co-exist. By that time we would not even be reminiscent of what we consider human now. 'We' would likely have a total different mind set, and if this greater power would allow us to reach his level I would think it would only be if it knew it was safe.
    Indeed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremyhfht
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    Quote Originally Posted by Megabrain
    If God carries a colt 45 and we've survived six extinctions, then I reckon the bastard's missed us and we are in the clear! - so let's get there before he can reload!
    he can still throw rocks at us to pretty good effect.
    and fire-bombs. He just hasn't had enough fuel for a powerful enough solar flare yet.
    ahh and then theres those dastadly vacuum cleaners. we're just lucky he always misses a couple billion of spots when the cleaning gets done.
    Don't forget the time-bomb he set (the sun). Lets just hope we escape soon enough. :P
    makes the galaxy look like a minefield... OMG we're in a minefield.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    墨子 DaBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,674
    Quote Originally Posted by maheshesw
    imagine far in the future, when we are in the blink of take control over the known universe

    if the god is guardian of the universe,will we be able to co-exist with him? or do we have to kill him for our own existence,

    one can imagine that he will not be that stupid to allow us to take control over the universe.so he can kill us the movement he want to.

    may be we are not smart enough to take control over the universe,what if we are smart enough to take control over the universe, so do we have to kill the god?
    "In every game and con there is always an opponent and there is always a victim, the trick is to know when you're the latter so that you can become the former." --Jake Green (Character in Guy Richie's Revolver)

    What are we?
    Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only realize the truth. There is no spoon. Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. -Spoon Boy
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    chennai
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBOB
    Quote Originally Posted by maheshesw
    imagine far in the future, when we are in the blink of take control over the known universe

    if the god is guardian of the universe,will we be able to co-exist with him? or do we have to kill him for our own existence,

    one can imagine that he will not be that stupid to allow us to take control over the universe.so he can kill us the movement he want to.

    may be we are not smart enough to take control over the universe,what if we are smart enough to take control over the universe, so do we have to kill the god?
    "In every game and con there is always an opponent and there is always a victim, the trick is to know when you're the latter so that you can become the former." --Jake Green (Character in Guy Richie's Revolver)

    What are we?




    slaves

    And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. -- John 8:32

    until the god exists, we will never no truth about orgin of the universe
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    967
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    makes the galaxy look like a minefield... OMG we're in a minefield.
    Well, Wild-2 does have a 5km long core that is thorny and uneven and did not appear to be a frozen snowball, but more like hard and solid. Almost like those waterborn mines, wouldn't you say?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Professor wallaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by LeavingQuietly
    Quote Originally Posted by wallaby
    makes the galaxy look like a minefield... OMG we're in a minefield.
    Well, Wild-2 does have a 5km long core that is thorny and uneven and did not appear to be a frozen snowball, but more like hard and solid. Almost like those waterborn mines, wouldn't you say?
    i dare say its not going to make for smooth sailling.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •