Notices
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 301 to 327 of 327
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: Is the scientific m. The only way to truth?

  1. #301  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    Raj_K, is this your argument?

    All things are, ultimately, either True or False, as long as the conditions are defined with sufficient precision.
    Yes in few thread I used the word thing although in Most I used word "fact" My means are same
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
     

  2. #302  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post

    . For observer A the situation is absolutely True because the conditions have been restricted to his/her frame of reference. .
    A will definitely measure velocity of an object according to his(A) reference frame

    It is exactly true and approved by science
    It cannot false
    Is this false fact and a false fact approved by science ?
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
     

  3. #303  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
    For observer B the situation is absolutely false, since the conditions have been restricted to their frame of reference.
    Observer B will measure velocity of a moving object according to his(B) frame of reference
    His measurement will not match with Observer (A) as he (B) has different frame of reference.
    Science accepts both will observe different measurement depends on their physical conditions (frame of reference etc)
    If these are false than I am wrong

    Is it false?
    And approved by science?
    Its exactly 100% true and cannot false until science rejects it
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
     

  4. #304  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,436
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    You know.....this thread has really become tedious and is going NOWHERE faster than bullet train!

    I rarely put people in ignore..RAJ is going in the cell...with the two others in there..(not from this particular discussion)...I'm done with it.

    There is not one positive thing or LEARNING curve that I have received from this except MASSIVE ego's really do exist.

    Why bother!

    If I can't learn, but just hear what men call a cat fight going on....it's pointless!
    He's back on my iggy list too...
    Sometimes there comes a point.

    The other was for being demeaning and self-righteous. I don't put up with demeaning ever, in real life or in this forum. The red hair tends to flame and the blue eyes flash on that stuff...it's nonsense. This isn't supposed to be about who's scientific prowess is bigger than someone else's, it is to share ideas, and learn. That is what I came here for. I am not a scientist, by far in this forum, I am in my own "forum" so to speak, but I don't speak down to people in when I talk to them either. Sometimes it's like watching my 658 JHC kids, with PH'D's and stuff!

    Ok off my soap box.
     

  5. #305  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Yes in few thread I used the word thing although in Most I used word "fact" My means are same
    Never.
    In the field of forums.
    Has so many words.
    Meant so little.
    To so many.
    PhDemon likes this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  6. #306  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,436
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Yes in few thread I used the word thing although in Most I used word "fact" My means are same
    Never.
    In the field of forums.
    Has so many words.
    Meant so little.
    To so many.
    your tag line.....have a little pre-ejac problems *L*
     

  7. #307  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    your tag line.....have a little pre-ejac problems *L*
    That is Jeebus' reputation you are impugning!

    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    It's a common problem with pandas - hence all the breeding programs
    Hey! Us red pandas need NO help in that department.
    It's just those stupid bear-wannabes that refuse to make the beast with two backs.
    PhDemon and babe like this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  8. #308  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    It's just those stupid bear-wannabes that refuse to make the beast with two backs.
    But, Red pandas aren't bears either, unless you mean you are a hairy chested, ginger bear.
    babe likes this.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

  9. #309  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    It's just those stupid bear-wannabes that refuse to make the beast with two backs.
    But, Red pandas aren't bears either, unless you mean you are a hairy chested, ginger bear.
    Red Pandas never refer to themselves as Red Panda Bears.
    And no - I am not a ginger: I AM RED !!11!
    KALSTER likes this.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  10. #310  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,651
    KALSTER, RedPanda and PhDemon like this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  11. #311  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,436
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KALSTER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    It's just those stupid bear-wannabes that refuse to make the beast with two backs.
    But, Red pandas aren't bears either, unless you mean you are a hairy chested, ginger bear.
    Red Pandas never refer to themselves as Red Panda Bears.
    And no - I am not a ginger: I AM RED !!11!
    And what is the problem with being a GINGER!!! *glare*
     

  12. #312  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    And what is the problem with being a GINGER!!!
    Hmmm...let me think....

    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    *glare*
    Ah yes! There it is!
    :P
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  13. #313  
    Theatre Whore babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Resident of Big Island of Hawai'i since 2003, and in Bayside, Ca. since 1981, Humboldt since 1977
    Posts
    12,436
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    And what is the problem with being a GINGER!!!
    Hmmm...let me think....

    Quote Originally Posted by babe View Post
    *glare*
    Ah yes! There it is!
    :P
    Nothing quite like a Ginger you know!! My daughter HATES being called that, but my son and I don't mind at all!!
     

  14. #314  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    & I am going to finalize the answer

    Is the scientific methods only way to know the truth


    Yes , Scientific methods are only way to know the truth

    & Information given by the science is 100 % true as per
    Our knowledge & cannot false

    If it is not true , it will not be a scientific information
    astromark likes this.
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
     

  15. #315  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    & I am going to finalize the answer

    Is the scientific methods only way to know the truth


    Yes , Scientific methods are only way to know the truth

    & Information given by the science is 100 % true as per
    Our knowledge & cannot false

    If it is not true , it will not be a scientific information
    Perhaps the most stunningly ignorant post you have ever made (and you have an impressive record of ignorance).

    You really ought to take a little time to find out what science is before making such ridiculous statements.

    I hope this really is your final comment (about this or anything).
    PhDemon likes this.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  16. #316  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,651
    Okay... what particular lunacy do we have today?
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    & I am going to finalize the answer
    Is the scientific methods only way to know the truth
    Yes , Scientific methods are only way to know the truth
    Perhaps you're unaware of which sub-forum this topic is in.
    Flat unsupported assertions are worthless.

    & Information given by the science is 100 % true as per
    Our knowledge & cannot false
    If it is not true , it will not be a scientific information
    As is blatant stupidity.
    (Especially stupidity which has not only been declared to be wrong but also shown to be wrong).
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  17. #317  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Okay... what particular lunacy do we have today?
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    & I am going to finalize the answer
    Is the scientific methods only way to know the truth
    Yes , Scientific methods are only way to know the truth
    Perhaps you're unaware of which sub-forum this topic is in.
    Flat unsupported assertions are worthless.

    & Information given by the science is 100 % true as per
    Our knowledge & cannot false
    If it is not true , it will not be a scientific information
    As is blatant stupidity.
    (Especially stupidity which has not only been declared to be wrong but also shown to be wrong).
    There is not your fault , your mental limitations does allow you
    I do not mind
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
     

  18. #318  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,651
    Aaaand... back to insults as opposed to replies.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  19. #319  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDemon View Post
    I really don't understand why people like Raj post such ignorant drivel. If I had such a limited understanding of a subject I wouldn't feel the need to display the fact...
    I am guessing he is very young.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  20. #320  
    Forum Professor astromark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,014
    We are guessing about a lot of things.. He 'might' be young. Just as he might not have a great English language skill.
    but what he said in post #333 is just about right. Understanding that as true to the scientific method, testing and retesting must be inclusive of theory.. right, wrong, true and false regardless.. the question remains a theory always.. probability replaces true or false assumptions.. As English was not my childhood language, I understand the issues that presents..
    It's hardly a humanist view to be so hard on these unskilled or young minds. A little compasion and tolerance might leed to a beter understanding.. and knowledge is power.. share it.
     

  21. #321  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    but what he said in post #333 is just about right.
    Except it isn't! Nothing is ever 100% certain in science (that is the only thing we can be certain of )

    It's hardly a humanist view to be so hard on these unskilled or young minds. A little compasion and tolerance might leed to a beter understanding.. and knowledge is power.. share it.
    You are right. But this is what is so frustrating. This has been explained patiently to Raj many, many times. He ignores it and just repeats the same thing. Science does not deal in "true" and "false"; it deals in approximations, and weight of evidence, and error bounds, and balance of probabilities.
    astromark likes this.
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  22. #322  
    ▼▼ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ ▼▼ RedPanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,737
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    There is not your fault , your mental limitations does allow you
    I do not mind
    Here is, and we know
    Better with high and somewhat
    I don't conscious....timid.
    SayBigWords.com/say/3FC

    "And, behold, I come quickly;" Revelation 22:12

    "Religions are like sausages. When you know how they are made, you no longer want them."
     

  23. #323  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,651
    Quote Originally Posted by astromark View Post
    He 'might' be young.
    To be honest I suspect that he's not that young. But that's just an opinion.

    but what he said in post #333 is just about right.
    Except that, as I have pointed, flat unsupported assertions are of no value in philosophy. He might just as well have written "science is the only way because I say so". 1
    And then there's the little problem, as has been pointed out many times, that in many cases "truth" is relative.

    It's hardly a humanist view to be so hard on these unskilled or young minds. A little compasion and tolerance might leed to a beter understanding.. and knowledge is power.. share it.
    RAJ_K has fixed, and erroneous, views - which have been noted, elucidated, discussed, refuted and done to death in various threads. He does not listen: he's decided that what he thinks, regardless of the facts, is correct.

    1 And that's regardless of my view on the scientific method's effectiveness in finding "truth". Which, IIRC, is yet to be defined for the purposes of this discussion.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  24. #324  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    If you cannot show I am wrong, then it does not matter you are 4 persons or 5 persons
    Dywyddar and PhDemon may have good scientific knowledge but I think have low IQ , although I am not sure


    It is not matter , I am right or you are right
    There is no matter of ego

    None of you gave reasonable answer by which I come to know I am wrong

    Yet no example is suitable to show that a fact can not be 100% true and 100% false

    (1)And finally, give me fact one by one whose regarding proper scientific information is available , I will tell you what is true and what is false

    (2) Secondly , tell clearly facts that are contrary to scientific information like –sun has a orbit around earth, size of moon is greater than earth can be false ?

    (3) Thirdly , if two persons who have different physical conditions, measure speed of an object and their measurement results are different (as we know relativity theory )
    Is different results means these facts are false ?

    Are not they real and accepted by science?
    What can I think such a reasonability

    Sometime by debating with you, I feel I have special IQ only because of your poor response (although I may or may not have )



    There is not a single example where a false fact is approved by science
    Not relativity , not gravitation or any other thing
    There is no impurity in science
    All facts that are approved by science are 100% true and are not false

    Finally, Yes science does not deal in right or wrong

    But have not we awareness? Can not we know through scientific knowledge what is true or what is false ?
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
     

  25. #325  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,478
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Yet no example is suitable to show that a fact can not be 100% true and 100% false
    Have you ever heard of "error bounds" or "probability" or "p-values" or "confidence intervals" or "sigma" or any of the other tools of science?

    I assume not or you wouldn't keep making such moronic statements.

    I feel I have special IQ
    This may be partly true for suitable values of "special".
    Last edited by Strange; August 30th, 2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
     

  26. #326  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    10,651
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    If you cannot show I am wrong
    We have shown, repeatedly, that you are wrong.
    And you, also repeatedly, either ignore it or claim that it's wrong - without providing anything other than your (incorrect) unsupported assertions.

    Dywyddar and PhDemon may have good scientific knowledge but I think have low IQ , although I am not sure
    It wouldn't matter whether you're sure or not - you're wrong on that too.
    I don't know about PhDemon but mine was 162 the last time (13 years ago) it was checked.

    None of you gave reasonable answer by which I come to know I am wrong
    Well of course not.
    Because you are one that decides what's "reasonable" or not.

    Yet no example is suitable to show that a fact can not be 100% true and 100% false
    Outright lie.

    (3) Thirdly , if two persons who have different physical conditions, measure speed of an object and their measurement results are different (as we know relativity theory )
    Is different results means these facts are false ?
    And, as has been pointed out, that emans that two different statements happen to be true - statements that disagree with each other.
    "True" is relative, therefore: not absolute.

    All facts that are approved by science are 100% true and are not false
    100% true even if they contradict each other. Right.

    But have not we awareness?
    Well, obviously, given your persistent unwillingness to listen and learn you don't have much awareness.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
     

  27. #327  
    Administrator KALSTER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    8,232
    OK I think I have had enough of this thread. Not only is the conversation going nowhere, but they are also filled with too much nasty from BOTH sides. And I am tired of seeing reported posts.


    CLOSED
    RedPanda and babe like this.
    Disclaimer: I do not declare myself to be an expert on ANY subject. If I state something as fact that is obviously wrong, please don't hesitate to correct me. I welcome such corrections in an attempt to be as truthful and accurate as possible.

    "Gullibility kills" - Carl Sagan
    "All people know the same truth. Our lives consist of how we chose to distort it." - Harry Block
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
     

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. to all those who seek truth using the scientific method
    By dijonstreak in forum Introductions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: July 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
  2. The truth about truth.
    By sigurdV in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: July 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM
  3. what is the best way to know the truth?
    By xxx200 in forum Philosophy
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: March 9th, 2012, 01:21 AM
  4. Seek truth and you shall find truth
    By Dlrow in forum Scientific Study of Religion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: August 28th, 2008, 05:57 AM
  5. scientific wording V scientific equations
    By streamSystems in forum Physics
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: October 6th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •