Notices
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 101 to 200 of 291
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Is life meaningless ?

  1. #101  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by davidAuthor View Post
    If you really want to know read my book, pdf for free "Little Book Open - Securing a Narrow Clear Passage to the Future" use Google to search.
    Why should anyone read YOUR book. Who ARE you? By what authority are you an expert on things that present no evidence to exist? Do you have the same qualifications as an expert on the chupacabra mating practices? Do you have the same qualifications as an expert on Extraterrestrial drug addictions? Or do you have REAL credentials from a REAL authority on anything scientifically accepted as REAL.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    17
    I am nobody and I kind of like it that way. An authority will only give the status quo. I am trying to give something new. How does light move across space? What is matter and charge? What is awareness? Why does gravity only attracts?
    All I have done is to "suggest" a model that relates to Einstein's, Newton's, Maxwell's, and Dirac's equations. Am I right or wrong? Who knows other than Daffy. What I am afraid of is what I hear here and other places. Don't look! Don't think! Just state the party's line or we are going to throw you over the edge.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by davidAuthor View Post
    I am nobody and I kind of like it that way. An authority will only give the status quo. I am trying to give something new. How does light move across space? What is matter and charge? What is awareness? Why does gravity only attracts?
    All I have done is to "suggest" a model that relates to Einstein's, Newton's, Maxwell's, and Dirac's equations. Am I right or wrong? Who knows other than Daffy. What I am afraid of is what I hear here and other places. Don't look! Don't think! Just state the party's line or we are going to throw you over the edge.
    Well since you have admitted that you are no more qualified than I am to explain the things you discuss in your book, why should I be bothered to read it. Isn't my own perspective as good as yours? Aren't my own imaginative perceptions as right as yours are? You offer nothing more than unqualified speculations based on nothing but your personal opinion and perspective. Something I can do myself. However, books written by established scientists in their field, who have had their hypothesis tested and verified and reproduced by independent study of scientists of accomplished members of the scientific community do have something to offer since they are written by individuals who have proven themselves to be knowledgeable on the subjects and concepts that they discuss and therefore I stand a great chance of actually learning something useful from them rather than just downloading more video games to occupy my time and distract me from being productive, which reading your book is the equivalent of.
    Neverfly and PhDemon like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by davidAuthor View Post
    Don't look! Don't think! Just state the party's line or we are going to throw you over the edge.
    Bull.
    It is about thinking. It is about looking. Don't sit there and LIE about it just because you do not have the cajones to actually get an education and think you're entitled to be taken seriously without an education. You speculated wildly and without evidence, without proper testing and without observation in an effort to validate your own spiritual beliefs.
    Now you deserve some credit for being mildly humble about it and honest that it is speculative and not theory.
    But you're being dishonest to claim that it's about the status quo or a lack of looking and thinking and you're only pandering to your own ego by making such claims.
    seagypsy and PhDemon like this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    The major problem today is that there aren't to many alternatives to discuss about how to solve any given problem that arises either at our homes or in the world in general. If conflicts happen the decision is who to side with and how to support them, that's about it when a conflict arises so not to much to decide or alternatives being discussed is there any longer.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by davidAuthor View Post
    What I am afraid of is what I hear here and other places. Don't look! Don't think! Just state the party's line or we are going to throw you over the edge.
    Then you should listen more carefully.
    What's actually being said is "There's no point in anyone looking at this BECAUSE the author doesn't think. He's gone over the edge".

    You make numerous (far too numerous) claims and provide neither evidence nor logic to support them.
    The entirety - of BOTH of your books - has all the hallmarks of being pulled straight out of your backside.
    With not even the courtesy of trying to disguise the resulting turd as anything else.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    @David Author You can think new but you should be able to logicaly explain it other wise has no worth
    Neverfly likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Posts
    17
    Per RAJ_K request I will bow out. But life is not worthless; be careful whom you follow.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by davidAuthor View Post
    But life is not worthless
    Perhaps, when you're back at school learning physics, you could also sign up for some English comprehension classes.
    It hasn't been proposed that "life is worthless".
    seagypsy likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    RAJ_K,

    Have you tapped into the force? At least let us know if you are a Jedi or are you of the Dark Side.... I always bring the Dark Side cookies.

    No seriously, you got skills man. We should start a private group just so you can teach us how you got that to happen. Though there was the somewhat ambiguous... be careful whom you follow... a bit ominous don't you think?

    edit: its been brought to my attention that my post could be taken as a snarky insult towards Raj... let me clarify... what I am sincerely praising here is how he got someone to voluntarily bow out of his thread. I have never seen anyone manage to get an annoying poster to leave their thread. Kudo's to you RAJ_K
    Last edited by seagypsy; April 26th, 2013 at 11:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #111  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    414
    Are you a thirteens years old (Are you an adolescent)? I would like to say yes it is, but some lingering thought in the back of my head is suspicious that if I say so it might allow some thoughts of despair to intrude your mind.
    However I see some people already answered your question and responded with the same answer, THAT or took the time to decipher the question and turn what would be a simple answer into a long speculative conversation, but the truth remains, yes it is.
    (--a logical conclusion--)
    With bravery and recognition that we are harbingers of our destiny and with a paragon of virtue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #112  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    2,280
    Does anyone have a satisfactory definition for "meaningless" as it's being used in its current context?
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #113  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil View Post
    Does anyone have a satisfactory definition for "meaningless" as it's being used in its current context?
    I do not have but what was in my mind
    1. Living and non livings are equal important from natural point of view
    2. Live is emerged purposeless without any planning or thinking behind
    3. Life is just a characteristic of matter(dead matter ) to develop thinking, awareness and
    other things in itself if it gets certain physical conditions
    Bad Robot likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #114  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    34
    The purpose of life is to come into a world and leave it better than when you came. If life were meaningless society would have collapsed thousands of years ago because there would be no ambition, no wishes, etc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #115  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEinstein View Post
    If life were meaningless society would have collapsed thousands of years ago because there would be no ambition, no wishes, etc.
    Not necessarily. It can actually be meaningless even if people believe it is not meaningless.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #116  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEinstein View Post
    The purpose of life is to come into a world and leave it better than when you came.
    Supposition.

    If life were meaningless society would have collapsed thousands of years ago because there would be no ambition, no wishes, etc.
    Nope.
    That's, as much as anything, a consequence of trying to make life easier for ourselves (and a hint of wanting it to be easier for our children).
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #117  
    Forum Cosmic Wizard icewendigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,150
    From one perspective, the "purpose" of life is to aggregate patterns of complexity in the universe and to (eventually) model/understand the universe. As such it may also be a natural transition stage to what we perceive as artificial sentience. The Earth is extremely rich in complex patterns (data/matter) compared to other regions in our solar system because of life in general (molecular structres, dna, etc) and of humans in particular(art, literature, tools, objects, etc)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #118  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    34
    If there is purpose to life, then wouldn't meaningless be the wrong word to describe life?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #119  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEinstein View Post
    If there is purpose to life, then wouldn't meaningless be the wrong word to describe life?
    Nobody has shown that there is a purpose to life.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #120  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewEinstein View Post
    The purpose of life is to come into a world and leave it better than when you came. If life were meaningless society would have collapsed thousands of years ago because there would be no ambition, no wishes, etc.
    Maybe for you, but my purpose is to make my enemies suffer the wrath of my success.
    mayopants likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #121  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    Nobody has shown that there is a purpose to life.
    “The purpose of life is to contribute in some way to making things better.”
    ― Robert F. Kennedy

    “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.”
    ― Robert Bryne
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #122  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    I sure do like potatoes, especially when they're fried. I think I'll just live to eat fried potatoes then.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #123  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    200
    Chemical reactions may explain life's why and how. Spiritual people try to concentrate on the WHO AM I? problem.
    believer in ahimsa
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #124  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by parag29081973 View Post
    Spiritual people try to concentrate on the WHO AM I? problem.
    Generalisation.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #125  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    All of those questions are meaningless really.

    There is only one true question any person can ever ask...

    Ol' Jack Burton summed it up nicely: "Oh, my god, no. Please! What is that?"
    shlunka likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #126  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by parag29081973 View Post
    Chemical reactions may explain life's why and how. Spiritual people try to concentrate on the WHO AM I? problem.
    Brain of spiritual people are possibly not one of most intelligent ,suitable for understanding logic of nature
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #127  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    short answer:
    Yes, life is meaningless!

    see
    absurdism
    existentialism
    exestential nihilism
    ....................
    or
    we just don't know
    For the people who have taken their own life, one could surmise that they could not find a meaning, so I would have to say it goes both ways.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #128  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    short answer:
    Yes, life is meaningless!

    see
    absurdism
    existentialism
    exestential nihilism
    ....................
    or
    we just don't know
    For the people who have taken their own life, one could surmise that they could not find a meaning, so I would have to say it goes both ways.

    There are many reasons people commit suicide. If I felt there was some meaning to my life, it would mostly likely be the case that I was failing miserably at fulfilling my purpose which could lead me to suicide. But since I feel life is meaningless, I also feel death is, so to commit suicide would serve no more purpose than living. At least life can bring a little entertainment along the way, and death will come my way soon enough.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #129  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    short answer:
    Yes, life is meaningless!

    see
    absurdism
    existentialism
    exestential nihilism
    ....................
    or
    we just don't know
    For the people who have taken their own life, one could surmise that they could not find a meaning, so I would have to say it goes both ways.

    There are many reasons people commit suicide. If I felt there was some meaning to my life, it would mostly likely be the case that I was failing miserably at fulfilling my purpose which could lead me to suicide. But since I feel life is meaningless, I also feel death is, so to commit suicide would serve no more purpose than living. At least life can bring a little entertainment along the way, and death will come my way soon enough.
    I absolutely agree with your logic. Sadly some people cannot find the answer for themself, they end up not realising that it goes both ways, in life and in death.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #130  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    short answer:
    Yes, life is meaningless!

    see
    absurdism
    existentialism
    exestential nihilism
    ....................
    or
    we just don't know
    For the people who have taken their own life, one could surmise that they could not find a meaning, so I would have to say it goes both ways.

    There are many reasons people commit suicide. If I felt there was some meaning to my life, it would mostly likely be the case that I was failing miserably at fulfilling my purpose which could lead me to suicide. But since I feel life is meaningless, I also feel death is, so to commit suicide would serve no more purpose than living. At least life can bring a little entertainment along the way, and death will come my way soon enough.
    People do not suicide without any reason, there are physical and psychological reason behind this
    They cannot postpone suicide
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #131  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    short answer:
    Yes, life is meaningless!

    see
    absurdism
    existentialism
    exestential nihilism
    ....................
    or
    we just don't know
    For the people who have taken their own life, one could surmise that they could not find a meaning, so I would have to say it goes both ways.

    There are many reasons people commit suicide. If I felt there was some meaning to my life, it would mostly likely be the case that I was failing miserably at fulfilling my purpose which could lead me to suicide. But since I feel life is meaningless, I also feel death is, so to commit suicide would serve no more purpose than living. At least life can bring a little entertainment along the way, and death will come my way soon enough.
    People do not suicide without any reason, there are physical and psychological reason behind this
    They cannot postpone suicide

    cannot postpone suicide? so you mean if someone decides to kill themselves they can't decide to hold off on it until it is more convenient? Like waiting til they have given away all their worldly goods, or waiting until they can afford to be where they want to die? I think postponing suicide would be as easy as postponing a wedding. May not be preferred way of proceeding for someone who really wants to get it done, but it can be done.

    maybe you meant that people cannot postpone fate ( but that would require evidence of fate)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #132  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    short answer:
    Yes, life is meaningless!

    See
    absurdism
    existentialism
    exestential nihilism
    ....................
    Or
    we just don't know
    for the people who have taken their own life, one could surmise that they could not find a meaning, so i would have to say it goes both ways.

    there are many reasons people commit suicide. If i felt there was some meaning to my life, it would mostly likely be the case that i was failing miserably at fulfilling my purpose which could lead me to suicide. But since i feel life is meaningless, i also feel death is, so to commit suicide would serve no more purpose than living. At least life can bring a little entertainment along the way, and death will come my way soon enough.
    people do not suicide without any reason, there are physical and psychological reason behind this
    they cannot postpone suicide

    cannot postpone suicide? So you mean if someone decides to kill themselves they can't decide to hold off on it until it is more convenient? Like waiting til they have given away all their worldly goods, or waiting until they can afford to be where they want to die? I think postponing suicide would be as easy as postponing a wedding. May not be preferred way of proceeding for someone who really wants to get it done, but it can be done.

    Maybe you meant that people cannot postpone fate ( but that would require evidence of fate)
    s i m p l y s u i c i d e s a r e p r e f i x e d w h o avoided suicide in all his life , its meaning he was not made for suicide
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #133  
    has lost interest seagypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,103
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by raj_k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seagypsy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptor View Post
    short answer:
    Yes, life is meaningless!

    See
    absurdism
    existentialism
    exestential nihilism
    ....................
    Or
    we just don't know
    for the people who have taken their own life, one could surmise that they could not find a meaning, so i would have to say it goes both ways.

    there are many reasons people commit suicide. If i felt there was some meaning to my life, it would mostly likely be the case that i was failing miserably at fulfilling my purpose which could lead me to suicide. But since i feel life is meaningless, i also feel death is, so to commit suicide would serve no more purpose than living. At least life can bring a little entertainment along the way, and death will come my way soon enough.
    people do not suicide without any reason, there are physical and psychological reason behind this
    they cannot postpone suicide

    cannot postpone suicide? So you mean if someone decides to kill themselves they can't decide to hold off on it until it is more convenient? Like waiting til they have given away all their worldly goods, or waiting until they can afford to be where they want to die? I think postponing suicide would be as easy as postponing a wedding. May not be preferred way of proceeding for someone who really wants to get it done, but it can be done.

    Maybe you meant that people cannot postpone fate ( but that would require evidence of fate)
    s i m p l y s u i c i d e s a r e p r e f i x e d w h o avoided suicide in all his life , its meaning he was not made for suicide
    so you ARE referring to fate. Do you have any evidence to suggest that all things are predetermined? Or evidence that anyone was made for any purpose at all? whether they were made for suicide or otherwise?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #134  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    414
    By bravery and recognition that we are harbingers of our destiny and with a paragon of virtue...

    From my signature.
    With bravery and recognition that we are harbingers of our destiny and with a paragon of virtue.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #135  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6
    Well... I guess if you don't kill yourself, you believe there is some point to life. For me, I believe that being human is a pretty rare experience. There's millions of other species of creatures on earth alone. There's millions of times more ants crawling around than people. The odds of being a human are pretty low. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe the reason for our lives is being able to wonder if there's a reason for our lives...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #136  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by mayopants View Post
    Well... I guess if you don't kill yourself, you believe there is some point to life. For me, I believe that being human is a pretty rare experience. There's millions of other species of creatures on earth alone. There's millions of times more ants crawling around than people. The odds of being a human are pretty low. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts. Maybe the reason for our lives is being able to wonder if there's a reason for our lives...
    Do you think human is more important for Ants then themselves?
    May be after 100000000 years , law of nature change life into to much complex stage, for them present life may be very simple and low developed
    You are also dead material, that gets consciousness and awareness
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #137  
    Forum Freshman AndrewRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    seagypsy likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #138  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    Does that mean evolution has an end game? Without survival there can be no evolution.

    Welcome to the forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #139  
    Forum Freshman AndrewRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    Does that mean evolution has an end game? Without survival there can be no evolution.

    Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know, that's just as far as I went with my own wonderings about the meaning to life. I came to this conclusion after looking through every action of my life and everything had an origin of survival.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, been here before several years ago.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #140  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    I don't know, that's just as far as I went with my own wonderings about the meaning to life. I came to this conclusion after looking through every action of my life and everything had an origin of survival.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, been here before several years ago.
    So let me ask you something. Do you remember DrRocket and his angry bear avatar? Yeah, I was here two owners ago, with a different ID. I like it much better now, and if you get a chance the chatbox can be interesting at times.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #141  
    Forum Freshman AndrewRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    I don't know, that's just as far as I went with my own wonderings about the meaning to life. I came to this conclusion after looking through every action of my life and everything had an origin of survival.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, been here before several years ago.
    So let me ask you something. Do you remember DrRocket and his angry bear avatar? Yeah, I was here two owners ago, with a different ID. I like it much better now, and if you get a chance the chatbox can be interesting at times.
    Kind of... I remember skeptic, inow, along with a few moderators. My original username was korben, but left after asking for a ban. I was struggling against religion at that point in my life and am now a happy Atheist as I was before, but have acceptance now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #142  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post

    Kind of... I remember skeptic, inow, along with a few moderators. My original username was korben, but left after asking for a ban. I was struggling against religion at that point in my life and am now a happy Atheist as I was before, but have acceptance now.
    Inow is moderating in another forum now. You can find him if you search on his ID. Inow had a way of talking about atheist and most religions that made him my hero on the subject. But I could sense he was getting a bit putout with this forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #143  
    Forum Freshman AndrewRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post

    Kind of... I remember skeptic, inow, along with a few moderators. My original username was korben, but left after asking for a ban. I was struggling against religion at that point in my life and am now a happy Atheist as I was before, but have acceptance now.
    Inow is moderating in another forum now. You can find him if you search on his ID. Inow had a way of talking about atheist and most religions that made him my hero on the subject. But I could sense he was getting a bit putout with this forum.
    Yeah, it can get heated at times. I don't really discuss religion anymore as 'arguments for' just can't convince me and seem quarrelsome. This is my go-to science forum though as I enjoy the simple and clean look of it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #144  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Yeah, it can get heated at times. I don't really discuss religion anymore as 'arguments for' just can't convince me and seem quarrelsome. This is my go-to science forum though as I enjoy the simple and clean look of it.
    I don't much like the religious topics either. But that's how many people find a meaning to life, misguided as they are.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #145  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    Does that mean evolution has an end game? Without survival there can be no evolution.

    Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know, that's just as far as I went with my own wonderings about the meaning to life. I came to this conclusion after looking through every action of my life and everything had an origin of survival.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, been here before several years ago.
    I think you have some clay in your hands, you have to make something out of it. I do not think its enough to capitulate and think that it is the same for everyone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #146  
    Forum Freshman AndrewRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    Does that mean evolution has an end game? Without survival there can be no evolution.

    Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know, that's just as far as I went with my own wonderings about the meaning to life. I came to this conclusion after looking through every action of my life and everything had an origin of survival.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, been here before several years ago.
    I think you have some clay in your hands, you have to make something out of it. I do not think its enough to capitulate and think that it is the same for everyone.
    I don’t feel everyone picked the same answer, but I feel everyone’s life boils down to survival.

    I thought long and hard on this one when I was younger and came to the conclusion that I didn’t need much of a conclusion, at least when dealing with such a tough question. I picked a broad answer on purpose to include everything within life and am not necessarily looking for an answer anymore.

    To point out, evolution as earlier suggested would possibly be another term with an origin of survival.
    Last edited by AndrewRyan; May 8th, 2013 at 10:48 AM. Reason: spell check
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #147  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    But survival does not make it meaningful
    Survival is just conditions that must needed for life
    This is not related to meaning of life
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #148  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    I don’t feel everyone picked the same answer, but I feel everyone’s life boils down to survival.

    I thought long and hard on this one when I was younger and came to the conclusion that I didn’t need much of a conclusion, at least when dealing with such a tough question. I picked a broad answer on purpose to include everything within life and am not necessarily looking for an answer anymore.

    To point out, evolution as earlier suggested would possibly be another term with an origin of survival.
    We all have to survive and it may be the choices we make to achieve that survival that matters to the meaning of a life.

    However when I read this topics title, I get the impression the OP is talking about life in general. I don't know and as interesting as that answer might be I feel the same about knowing the answer to why we have a universe to live in at all.
    RAJ_K likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #149  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    739
    Ah, the "reason for living" and "what is life?". Philosophers have probably been asking (and answering) these questions since people first started speaking. They will continue to ask (and answer) till humans are no more. Till someone can convince me otherwise I think the answer is 42.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #150  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    Does that mean evolution has an end game? Without survival there can be no evolution.

    Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know, that's just as far as I went with my own wonderings about the meaning to life. I came to this conclusion after looking through every action of my life and everything had an origin of survival.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, been here before several years ago.
    I think you have some clay in your hands, you have to make something out of it. I do not think its enough to capitulate and think that it is the same for everyone.
    I don’t feel everyone picked the same answer, but I feel everyone’s life boils down to survival.

    I thought long and hard on this one when I was younger and came to the conclusion that I didn’t need much of a conclusion, at least when dealing with such a tough question. I picked a broad answer on purpose to include everything within life and am not necessarily looking for an answer anymore.

    To point out, evolution as earlier suggested would possibly be another term with an origin of survival.
    The question of survival must be answered, survival for what? You cannot answer that question with a repatitive survival, if you do that the next step is hospitalisation. Can you see what I am getting at? I love my family, I want to survive for them, I am giving myself a reason. Evolution can only make sence if you survive for something.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #151  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Evolution can only make sence if you survive for something.
    That's wrong. There is no goal for which evolution strives. The "something" is reproductive success.

    You really need to read up on Darwin's Theory of Evolution. There are hundreds of books out there, in addition to the ones that Darwin wrote.
    PhDemon likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #152  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Evolution can only make sence if you survive for something.
    That's wrong. There is no goal for which evolution strives. The "something" is reproductive success.

    You really need to read up on Darwin's Theory of Evolution. There are hundreds of books out there, in addition to the ones that Darwin wrote.
    Although I admire Darwin, I do not digest everything he wrote or said.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #153  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Ah, the "reason for living" and "what is life?". Philosophers have probably been asking (and answering) these questions since people first started speaking. They will continue to ask (and answer) till humans are no more. Till someone can convince me otherwise I think the answer is 42.
    If you cannot answer it, I do not think it can be answered. What say you?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #154  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Although I admire Darwin, I do not digest everything he wrote or said.
    Nevertheless it doesn't mean your "point" is valid.
    Unless you can provide evidence.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #155  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    I don’t feel everyone picked the same answer, but I feel everyone’s life boils down to survival.

    I thought long and hard on this one when I was younger and came to the conclusion that I didn’t need much of a conclusion, at least when dealing with such a tough question. I picked a broad answer on purpose to include everything within life and am not necessarily looking for an answer anymore.

    To point out, evolution as earlier suggested would possibly be another term with an origin of survival.
    We all have to survive and it may be the choices we make to achieve that survival that matters to the meaning of a life.

    However when I read this topics title, I get the impression the OP is talking about life in general. I don't know and as interesting as that answer might be I feel the same about knowing the answer to why we have a universe to live in at all.
    Maybe if you could come to terms with you do not know some of the answers and leave them, you would manage what you know a lot better. Somethings only work for some people.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #156  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Although I admire Darwin, I do not digest everything he wrote or said.
    Nevertheless it doesn't mean your "point" is valid.
    Unless you can provide evidence.
    What point do you mean?

    I cannot provide evidence for everything, somethings are personal observations. However it does not mean it's not valid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  57. #157  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    If you cannot answer it, I do not think it can be answered. What say you?
    Forget it. I won't be drawn into one of your "black hole" conversations, you know, where you never answer questions, or you answer questions with questions, and you never provide proof for your speculations. No thanks. The others here have more patience than I.
    PhDemon likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  58. #158  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    If you cannot answer it, I do not think it can be answered. What say you?
    Forget it. I won't be drawn into one of your "black hole" conversations, you know, where you never answer questions, or you answer questions with questions, and you never provide proof for your speculations. No thanks. The others here have more patience than I.
    Come on PM, I am saying no one can answer this question for you but yourself. If you cannot answer it yourself it cannot be answered. Are you willing to let someone answer it for you? I am thinking out the answers from my brain, not from a book.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  59. #159  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    What point do you mean?
    Oh boy...
    Will you ever learn how to read a thread?
    I replied to a specific post of yours - which was a reply to a post by PumaMan pointing out an assumption.
    THAT point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Evolution can only make sence if you survive for something.
    That's wrong. There is no goal for which evolution strives. The "something" is reproductive success.
    You really need to read up on Darwin's Theory of Evolution. There are hundreds of books out there, in addition to the ones that Darwin wrote.
    Although I admire Darwin, I do not digest everything he wrote or said.
    I cannot provide evidence for everything, somethings are personal observations. However it does not mean it's not valid.
    Really?
    It may be valid to you, but that's all.
    No evidence means it's just an opinion: and therefore worthless as science or philosophy.
    PumaMan likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  60. #160  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I am thinking out the answers from my brain, not from a book.
    Yes. That's obvious. I'm sure you wouldn't want to contaminate your thought processes with information from books. Books are bad.
    Dywyddyr likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  61. #161  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    What point do you mean?
    Oh boy...
    Will you ever learn how to read a thread?
    I replied to a specific post of yours - which was a reply to a post by PumaMan pointing out an assumption.
    THAT point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Evolution can only make sence if you survive for something.
    That's wrong. There is no goal for which evolution strives. The "something" is reproductive success.
    You really need to read up on Darwin's Theory of Evolution. There are hundreds of books out there, in addition to the ones that Darwin wrote.
    Although I admire Darwin, I do not digest everything he wrote or said.
    I cannot provide evidence for everything, somethings are personal observations. However it does not mean it's not valid.
    Really?
    It may be valid to you, but that's all.
    No evidence means it's just an opinion: and therefore worthless as science or philosophy.
    I have no idea how you see philosophy, for me its use is an every day thing in my life. You know my subjective philosophy

    It may be valid to you, but that's all.
    Its absolutely important and valid for me, who else? Science is not the all and everything for me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  62. #162  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by davidAuthor View Post
    Here's the quick answer; hold your hand in the fire. You will quickly realize that life is important and so is your hands. About 25 generations ago people were afraid to sail on the oceans because they would fall off of the edge of the world. They were limited by the world wide concept that the earth was flat. There is a similar limiting concept in the world today; that there does not exist a mental or spiritual universe only a physical universe. The concepts of love, courage, ethics were devised by the cells to pretend that someone "existed" within the being. Of course within each cell something had to pretend that the cells had entities that could develop concepts like love and such. If you go down the structure of the cell and its parts this theory becomes impossibly complicated. Just like the origination of life the Theory of Evolution falls apart with the complication.
    And then take the other side of the argument. Why do you care? If you are just a chemical reaction with no reality within, you don't exist. You have never existed. Might as well keep your hand in the fire. But you know that you are a being. You do have reality within. If you really want to know read my book, pdf for free "Little Book Open - Securing a Narrow Clear Passage to the Future" use Google to search.
    I have seldom read a paragraph so full of meaningless nonsense. Why would anyone subject themselves to a whole book of this crap?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  63. #163  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I am thinking out the answers from my brain, not from a book.
    Yes. That's obvious. I'm sure you wouldn't want to contaminate your thought processes with information from books. Books are bad.
    PM, I am sure you are being funny, or? The net is good, but there is so much to bypass. If you do not pick and choose you end up fragmented.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  64. #164  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I have no idea how you see philosophy, for me its use is an every day thing in my life.
    Which doesn't address the point.

    You know my subjective philosophy
    Well, generally, it appears to be "avoid providing a straight answer until forced into a corner" followed by "if forced into a corner resort to vague generalisations and call on 'your particular education' then bow out".

    Its abslutly important and valid for me, who else? Science is not the all and everything for me.
    You're ignoring the FACT that, as an opinion, it's worthless as science (this is a science forum) AND as philosophy (this is the philosophy sub-forum).
    Ergo: you're wasting everyone's time.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  65. #165  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davidAuthor View Post
    Here's the quick answer; hold your hand in the fire. You will quickly realize that life is important and so is your hands. About 25 generations ago people were afraid to sail on the oceans because they would fall off of the edge of the world. They were limited by the world wide concept that the earth was flat. There is a similar limiting concept in the world today; that there does not exist a mental or spiritual universe only a physical universe. The concepts of love, courage, ethics were devised by the cells to pretend that someone "existed" within the being. Of course within each cell something had to pretend that the cells had entities that could develop concepts like love and such. If you go down the structure of the cell and its parts this theory becomes impossibly complicated. Just like the origination of life the Theory of Evolution falls apart with the complication.
    And then take the other side of the argument. Why do you care? If you are just a chemical reaction with no reality within, you don't exist. You have never existed. Might as well keep your hand in the fire. But you know that you are a being. You do have reality within. If you really want to know read my book, pdf for free "Little Book Open - Securing a Narrow Clear Passage to the Future" use Google to search.
    I have seldom read a paragraph so full of meaningless nonsense. Why would anyone subject themselves to a whole book of this crap?
    PM, you have to give to Cesar what is due to Cesar. I do not find it crap what this post is saying. Does it not make any sense at all to you? not even some of it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  66. #166  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I do not find it crap what this post is saying.
    Of course you don't. OK now, I've exceeded my daily dose and need an antidote shot. Thank you very much. Bye.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  67. #167  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I have no idea how you see philosophy, for me its use is an every day thing in my life.
    Which doesn't address the point.

    You know my subjective philosophy
    Well, generally, it appears to be "avoid providing a straight answer until forced into a corner" followed by "if forced into a corner resort to vague generalisations and call on 'your particular education' then bow out".

    Its abslutly important and valid for me, who else? Science is not the all and everything for me.
    You're ignoring the FACT that, as an opinion, it's worthless as science (this is a science forum) AND as philosophy (this is the philosophy sub-forum).
    Ergo: you're wasting everyone's time.
    I agree that this is a science forum, and yes, I do give proof at times. I have noticed that quite a few people go to Google for their proof; they copy and paste the answers on their post. This is ignorance in my view. I think anything that does not have personal experience embedded in it, is not owned, therefore I have to acknowledge that when you ask me for proof you are talking about someone else’s experience. I cannot hide behind that for my own self-experienced knowledge.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  68. #168  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I do not find it crap what this post is saying.
    Of course you don't. OK now, I've exceeded my daily dose and need an antidote shot. Thank you very much. Bye.
    Take care man, I hope I did not irritate you too much today?
    PumaMan likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  69. #169  
    Forum Freshman AndrewRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    But survival does not make it meaningful
    Survival is just conditions that must needed for life
    This is not related to meaning of life
    I will argue that your premise is untruthful and that survival does bring meaning to life.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  70. #170  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I do not find it crap what this post is saying.
    Of course you don't. OK now, I've exceeded my daily dose and need an antidote shot. Thank you very much. Bye.
    Take care man, I hope I did not irritate you too much today?
    Well, I should have more patience, I guess. Lack of patience is one of my many flaws -- just ask my wife. In some respects, I wish I had your patience.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  71. #171  
    Forum Freshman AndrewRyan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Robot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    Does that mean evolution has an end game? Without survival there can be no evolution.

    Welcome to the forum.
    I don't know, that's just as far as I went with my own wonderings about the meaning to life. I came to this conclusion after looking through every action of my life and everything had an origin of survival.

    Thank you for the warm welcome, been here before several years ago.
    I think you have some clay in your hands, you have to make something out of it. I do not think its enough to capitulate and think that it is the same for everyone.
    I don’t feel everyone picked the same answer, but I feel everyone’s life boils down to survival.

    I thought long and hard on this one when I was younger and came to the conclusion that I didn’t need much of a conclusion, at least when dealing with such a tough question. I picked a broad answer on purpose to include everything within life and am not necessarily looking for an answer anymore.

    To point out, evolution as earlier suggested would possibly be another term with an origin of survival.
    The question of survival must be answered, survival for what? You cannot answer that question with a repatitive survival, if you do that the next step is hospitalisation. Can you see what I am getting at? I love my family, I want to survive for them, I am giving myself a reason. Evolution can only make sence if you survive for something.
    I understand what you're saying and will repeat for those who stumbled upon my reply at a later time that I don't know. I didn't go into it any further than that and am not trying to go back into philosophizing life into one single term.
    seagypsy likes this.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  72. #172  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PumaMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I do not find it crap what this post is saying.
    Of course you don't. OK now, I've exceeded my daily dose and need an antidote shot. Thank you very much. Bye.
    Take care man, I hope I did not irritate you too much today?
    Well, I should have more patience, I guess. Lack of patience is one of my many flaws -- just ask my wife. In some respects, I wish I had your patience.
    I bet you have something special I do not have.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  73. #173  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I agree that this is a science forum, and yes, I do give proof at times. I have noticed that quite a few people go to Google for their proof; they copy and paste the answers on their post. This is ignorance in my view. I think anything that does not have personal experience embedded in it, is not owned, therefore I have to acknowledge that when you ask me for proof you are talking about someone else’s experience. I cannot hide behind that for my own self-experienced knowledge.
    Deflection, diversion and avoidance.
    At no time did I use the word "proof".
    I asked for evidence.
    I'm not asking for "experience" I'm asking for evidence - a chain of logic would suffice.
    But, as ever, your claims lack even that.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  74. #174  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I agree that this is a science forum, and yes, I do give proof at times. I have noticed that quite a few people go to Google for their proof; they copy and paste the answers on their post. This is ignorance in my view. I think anything that does not have personal experience embedded in it, is not owned, therefore I have to acknowledge that when you ask me for proof you are talking about someone else’s experience. I cannot hide behind that for my own self-experienced knowledge.
    Deflection, diversion and avoidance.
    At no time did I use the word "proof".
    I asked for evidence.
    I'm not asking for "experience" I'm asking for evidence - a chain of logic would suffice.
    But, as ever, your claims lack even that.
    The meaning of belief: Taken from word web dictonary.
    Your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief.
    "the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling

    An indication that makes something evident"
    "his trembling was evidence of his fear"

    (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved.

    Proof that is based on someone else’s knowledge is not my own. If you mean that, I should Google the entire thing you ask me to prove, I can just refer you to Google and forget my input. I am sorry you seemed to be overloaded with someone els’e proof and have no objective mind of your own.
    Last edited by Therapy; May 8th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  75. #175  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I agree that this is a science forum, and yes, I do give proof at times. I have noticed that quite a few people go to Google for their proof; they copy and paste the answers on their post. This is ignorance in my view. I think anything that does not have personal experience embedded in it, is not owned, therefore I have to acknowledge that when you ask me for proof you are talking about someone else’s experience. I cannot hide behind that for my own self-experienced knowledge.
    Deflection, diversion and avoidance.
    At no time did I use the word "proof".
    I asked for evidence.
    I'm not asking for "experience" I'm asking for evidence - a chain of logic would suffice.
    But, as ever, your claims lack even that.
    I do have to admit ,you keep me on my toes as far as explaining goes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  76. #176  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    The meaning of belief: Taken from word web dictonary.
    Your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief.
    "the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling

    An indication that makes something evident"
    "his trembling was evidence of his fear"

    (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved.
    What?

    Proof that is based on someone else’s knowledge is not my own. If you mean that, I should Google the entire thing you ask me to prove, I can just refer you to Google and forget my input. I am sorry you seemed to be overloaded with someone els’e proof and have no objective mind of your own.

    One more time: I haven't asked for PROOF.
    And your personal experience is NOT evidence 1, it's purely subjective.
    You seem, also, to assume, that your experience (and/ or reporting of that experience) is objective: UNTIL you can show that it IS objective all you are offering is subjective, speculative and unsupported - which is, as has been said, worthless with regard to science AND philosophy.

    1 Especially since you appear to take everything in your experience at face value.

    I do have to admit ,you keep me on my toes as far as explaining goes.
    Really?
    Your replies don't show any of that.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  77. #177  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    The meaning of belief: Taken from word web dictonary.
    Your basis for belief or disbelief; knowledge on which to base belief.
    "the evidence that smoking causes lung cancer is very compelling

    An indication that makes something evident"
    "his trembling was evidence of his fear"

    (law) all the means by which any alleged matter of fact whose truth is investigated at judicial trial is established or disproved.
    What?

    Proof that is based on someone else’s knowledge is not my own. If you mean that, I should Google the entire thing you ask me to prove, I can just refer you to Google and forget my input. I am sorry you seemed to be overloaded with someone els’e proof and have no objective mind of your own.

    One more time: I haven't asked for PROOF.
    And your personal experience is NOT evidence 1, it's purely subjective.
    You seem, also, to assume, that your experience (and/ or reporting of that experience) is objective: UNTIL you can show that it IS objective all you are offering is subjective, speculative and unsupported - which is, as has been said, worthless with regard to science AND philosophy.

    1 Especially since you appear to take everything in your experience at face value.

    I do have to admit ,you keep me on my toes as far as explaining goes.
    Really?
    Your replies don't show any of that.
    I would like to hear at times the way you see and understand what you read, I know you do not know all the things you say for your self but get it from different sourses. No one can just read without understanding some of what they read. In explaning we learn to listen to what we say and not just what someone else is saying.

    Yes, you keep me on my toes even if you do not know you do that.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  78. #178  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I would like to hear at times the way you see and understand what you read
    What?

    I know you do not know all the things you say for your self but get it from different sourses.
    Assumptions again?

    No one can just read without understanding some of what they read. In explaning we learn to listen to what we say and not just what someone else is saying.
    What?

    Yes, you keep me on my toes even if you do not know you do that.
    Then why do you not reply to the questions asked instead of skipping around and talking about something else?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  79. #179  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    I would like to hear at times the way you see and understand what you read
    What?

    I know you do not know all the things you say for your self but get it from different sourses.
    Assumptions again?

    No one can just read without understanding some of what they read. In explaning we learn to listen to what we say and not just what someone else is saying.
    What?

    Yes, you keep me on my toes even if you do not know you do that.
    Then why do you not reply to the questions asked instead of skipping around and talking about something else?
    You never seem to have much to say but "What" "Assumtions" "validate" you seem to be so afraid, and I know you will tell me "assumtions" right?
    Tell me your views on my post I want to hear them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  80. #180  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    You never seem to have much to say but "What" "Assumtions" "validate" you seem to be so afraid, and I know you will tell me "assumtions" right?
    I say "what" because that, generally, indicates that I have no clue what you mean.
    I say "assumptions" because that, generally, indicates that you're making them.
    I realise, of course, that you tend not to fall into the category of "generally" for some reason, but still...

    Tell me your views on my post I want to hear them.
    Which post?
    The one I pointed out as personal opinion? Unsupported by logic or evidence?
    The one I (largely) don't understand?
    The one where you try to defend posting subjective opinion as evidence simply because you haven't bothered to Google/ find evidence?
    The one(s) where you claim that I "keep [you] on [your] toes as far as explaining goes" while signally failing to provide any explanation?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  81. #181  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    You never seem to have much to say but "What" "Assumtions" "validate" you seem to be so afraid, and I know you will tell me "assumtions" right?
    I say "what" because that, generally, indicates that I have no clue what you mean.
    I say "assumptions" because that, generally, indicates that you're making them.
    I realise, of course, that you tend not to fall into the category of "generally" for some reason, but still...

    Tell me your views on my post I want to hear them.
    Which post?
    The one I pointed out as personal opinion? Unsupported by logic or evidence?
    The one I (largely) don't understand?
    The one where you try to defend posting subjective opinion as evidence simply because you haven't bothered to Google/ find evidence?
    The one(s) where you claim that I "keep [you] on [your] toes as far as explaining goes" while signally failing to provide any explanation?
    I have to go talk to you tomorrow.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  82. #182  
    Forum Radioactive Isotope cosmictraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Key West, Florida, Earth
    Posts
    4,788
    If life were meaningless then why are humans here? I mean if it were then humans wouldn't have been able to evolve into what they are today.
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.
    Jimi Hendrix
    Reply With Quote  
     

  83. #183  
    Forum Masters Degree
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    INDIA
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    But survival does not make it meaningful
    Survival is just conditions that must needed for life
    This is not related to meaning of life
    I will argue that your premise is untruthful and that survival does bring meaning to life.
    Survival has nothing to do with meaning of life.
    Survival is just a natural thing for life to survive
    Why everything on earth did not got life a billions years ago ?
    Naturally all did not got same conditions necessary for life ?
    Survival just tells how life originate or survive
    It tells nothing about purpose of life ?
    Strange likes this.
    "No law of Physics is surprising & can not beat commonsense until it does not give enough explanation logically or I did not understand it rightly or simply it is wrong "
    Reply With Quote  
     

  84. #184  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    If life were meaningless then why are humans here? I mean if it were then humans wouldn't have been able to evolve into what they are today.
    My answer to that would be, humans are here because they found a reason and or purpose.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  85. #185  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Apocalyptic Paradise
    Posts
    6,613
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    If life were meaningless then why are humans here? I mean if it were then humans wouldn't have been able to evolve into what they are today.
    Why would a lack of any "undefined meaning" disable humans from being here? This claim is based on a lot of assumptions. I think you need to elucidate.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  86. #186  
    Brassica oleracea Strange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    喫茶店
    Posts
    16,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Therapy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmictraveler View Post
    If life were meaningless then why are humans here? I mean if it were then humans wouldn't have been able to evolve into what they are today.
    My answer to that would be, humans are here because they found a reason and or purpose.
    My answer to both of these would be to echo RAJ_K's comment: Survival has nothing to do with meaning of life. Survival (differential survival) is what drives evolution and is the reason humans are here. It doesn't require "meaning".
    Without wishing to overstate my case, everything in the observable universe definitely has its origins in Northamptonshire -- Alan Moore
    Reply With Quote  
     

  87. #187  
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    425
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRyan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJ_K View Post
    We and all other livings live life. What is purpose of life ? Just utility ?
    It seems there is no purpose of life and a life without purpose meaningless ?
    Consciousness & feelings are just biochemical reactions
    Life arose from organic compounds which themselves have origin from in organic matter

    Does all this not make life purpose less
    and life just a result of matter reactions
    To me, the meaning to life is survival.
    But survival does not make it meaningful
    Survival is just conditions that must needed for life
    This is not related to meaning of life
    I will argue that your premise is untruthful and that survival does bring meaning to life.
    Survival has nothing to do with meaning of life.
    Survival is just a natural thing for life to survive
    Why everything on earth did not got life a billions years ago ?
    Naturally all did not got same conditions necessary for life ?
    Survival just tells how life originate or survive
    It tells nothing about purpose of life ?
    Is purpose not embeded in survival? Would you not say that survival is a part of the totality of who we are?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  88. #188  
    Forum Ph.D. Raziell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    927
    Ive answered this a few times allready. My thoughts:

    Objectively: Yes. The existence of our earth is just a microsecond in the grand cosmic timescale. In "just a moment" our entire species and all our actions will be gone and forgotten forever. This is why I believe in moral nihilism. Because all our moral actions (moral and ethics is a man-made and NOT universal code of social survival and cohabitation) either "good" or "evil" will be completely insignificant in the end. There is noone to judge our lives and if determinism is true we are even more insignificant and powerless.

    Subjectively: You only live once. Make up your own meaning with your life to enjoy it. Its a free ride, have fun.

    Other opinions: Questioning if life has meaning is meaningless. Have fun living!

    Related quote by Epicurus (Paraphrased): Death does not concern us. When we exist, death does not. When death is, we are not.
    seagypsy likes this.
    A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it. - David Stevens
    Reply With Quote  
     

  89. #189  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Ha... I love science and so I am happy to find exactly this topic in a science forums. I have come a long way with this subject, but once it struck me what exactly is going on in life.

    Check out the notes on my Facebook account, too much text to post here.
    https://www.facebook.com/intcel
    Reply With Quote  
     

  90. #190  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by IntCel View Post
    Ha... I love science
    Looking at some of the links on that page you don't know what science is.
    You seem to mistake woo for science.

    Check out the notes on my Facebook account, too much text to post here.
    https://www.facebook.com/intcel
    Yeah.
    Doesn't answer anything.
    Never mind.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  91. #191  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziell View Post
    Ive answered this a few times allready. My thoughts:

    Objectively: Yes. The existence of our earth is just a microsecond in the grand cosmic timescale. In "just a moment" our entire species and all our actions will be gone and forgotten forever. This is why I believe in moral nihilism. Because all our moral actions (moral and ethics is a man-made and NOT universal code of social survival and cohabitation) either "good" or "evil" will be completely insignificant in the end. There is noone to judge our lives and if determinism is true we are even more insignificant and powerless.

    Subjectively: You only live once. Make up your own meaning with your life to enjoy it. Its a free ride, have fun.

    Other opinions: Questioning if life has meaning is meaningless. Have fun living!

    Related quote by Epicurus (Paraphrased): Death does not concern us. When we exist, death does not. When death is, we are not.
    Simply because something is infinitesimal in comparison doesn't mean morals should be aborted. If something is immoral, it's usually because it is a detriment to other conscious beings. And by violating said morals, even to the benefit of yourself, you impose a burden upon other conscious beings also pursuing their happiness in life. "nihil" implies nothing, the human species is not nothing, it's something, albeit infinitesimal, and perhaps that little bit of something should be given moderate amounts of consideration as to not impose burden upon fellow inconsequential beings to avoid making all of our inconsequential lives that much less endurable.
    Bad Robot likes this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  92. #192  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziell View Post
    Subjectively: You only live once.
    Hmm.
    And objectively how many times do we live?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  93. #193  
    Malignant Pimple shlunka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dogbox in front of Dywyddyr's house.
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raziell View Post
    Subjectively: You only live once.
    Hmm.
    And objectively how many times do we live?
    Twice, once as cranks, but then we die, and reincarnate into helpful forum members.
    Dywyddyr likes this.
    "MODERATOR NOTE : We don't entertain trolls here, not even in the trash can. Banned." -Markus Hanke
    Reply With Quote  
     

  94. #194  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    but then we die, and reincarnate into helpful forum members.
    Ooh! I wonder when it's my turn!
    shlunka likes this.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  95. #195  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    So let me ask this question. If you decide life is meaningless what do you plan to do about it?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  96. #196  
    AI's Have More Fun Bad Robot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Washington state
    Posts
    6,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shlunka View Post
    but then we die, and reincarnate into helpful forum members.
    Ooh! I wonder when it's my turn!
    You didn't take a number did you?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  97. #197  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IntCel View Post
    Ha... I love science
    Looking at some of the links on that page you don't know what science is.
    You seem to mistake woo for science.

    Check out the notes on my Facebook account, too much text to post here.
    https://www.facebook.com/intcel
    Yeah.
    Doesn't answer anything.
    Never mind.
    Just because I like WOO stuff too it doesn't mean I don't know what science is.
    And what got me interested in WOO stuff was cosmology -> quantum physics, which itself is pretty WOO on its own, so get off your high horse.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  98. #198  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by IntCel View Post
    Just because I like WOO stuff too it doesn't mean I don't know what science is.
    Yet you promote crackpot nonsense...
    Can you tell me how you manage the dichotomy?
    Do alternate rationality and irrationality on a daily rota? Sundays off?

    And what got me interested in WOO stuff was cosmology -> quantum physics, which itself is pretty WOO on its own
    No it's not.

    so get off your high horse.
    Okay.
    Now please tell us what on your link addresses the question at hand.
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

  99. #199  
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IntCel View Post
    Just because I like WOO stuff too it doesn't mean I don't know what science is.
    Yet you promote crackpot nonsense...
    Can you tell me how you manage the dichotomy?
    Do alternate rationality and irrationality on a daily rota? Sundays off?

    And what got me interested in WOO stuff was cosmology -> quantum physics, which itself is pretty WOO on its own
    No it's not.

    so get off your high horse.
    Okay.
    Now please tell us what on your link addresses the question at hand.
    Sorry, once you have learned to talk to people with respect, whether strangers or not, whether you understand or share their ideas and experiences or not, then I will consider talking to you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  100. #200  
    Genius Duck Moderator Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Scunthorpe, UK
    Posts
    11,589
    Quote Originally Posted by IntCel View Post
    Sorry, once you have learned to talk to people with respect, whether strangers or not
    Ah right.
    You don't think respect should be earned, it should just be given. Okay.
    Good luck with that.

    You start with a patently fake claim, and then go on to indirectly make another - in your very first post.
    Could you tell me why you should be afforded respect?

    PS, do you have any intention of addressing my questions?
    "[Dywyddyr] makes a grumpy bastard like me seem like a happy go lucky scamp" - PhDemon
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why is life so long, boring and meaningless?
    By gottspieler in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: July 13th, 2013, 08:11 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 20th, 2012, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: April 23rd, 2012, 11:05 PM
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2010, 07:46 PM
  5. Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 2nd, 2010, 10:15 AM
Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •