Notices
Results 1 to 55 of 55

Thread: What is the motive of human existence?? plz share ur views..

  1. #1 What is the motive of human existence?? plz share ur views.. 
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    25
    What is the motive of human existence??


    Reply With Quote  
     

  2.  
     

  3. #2  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    Horniness.


    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #3  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    1,908
    Pick one and start practicing.
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #4  
    Forum Bachelors Degree 15uliane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    depends...
    Posts
    425
    What Giant Evil said.

    For many, it is horniness
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #5  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    It's abit like playing the simulation game; The Sims.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #6  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    267
    the 3 basic drives are
    sympathy
    empathy
    curiosity

    each of these has a male counterpart best described as indifference

    together these make up libido

    these drives are built into your brain.
    you are born with them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #7  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    25
    i do not understand what all you are saying......my question is as simple as it sounds.

    why have we born on earth. does our roles lay only in day to day social activities ???
    we study ,work hard, compete with others, practice, achieve our goals and then die......
    we work so much only to gain a good position in society..... and even that is temporary.....so why do we all do this???
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #8  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    Because those that did not were selected against.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #9  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    267
    why do we live?
    living IS the purpose

    what is the purpose of purpose?
    It is what it is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #10  
    Forum Ph.D. Raziell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    928
    Purpose is the shackles of freedom.

    Why are people obsessed with being laid in chains?
    A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it. - David Stevens
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #11  
    Forum Junior
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    267
    if your purpose is to live then how is that being laid in chains?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #12  
    Forum Bachelors Degree
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    416
    the purpose of life is maximum representation of your own genotype in the population for the longest timespan possible.
    physics: accurate, objective, boring
    chemistry: accurate if physics is accurate, slightly subjective, you can blow stuff up
    biology: accurate if chemistry is accurate, somewhat subjective, fascinating
    religion: accurate if people are always right, highly subjective, bewildering
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #13  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    to someday finally truly understand our selves. this is the greatest quest, we will use science, philosophy, art, spirituality (or how ever some may define this) to forge our self perception. This can be the ever riding adventure for the next 1,000 years and it AMAZES me. How critical can you get when genetics, physiology and neuroscience hits it's optimum peak of advancement, MANY things will open, hopefully in the next millennium we will come home
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #14  
    Forum Freshman
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    to someday finally truly understand our selves. this is the greatest quest, hopefully in the next millennium we will come home
    now this is something which suits this forum!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  16. #15  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakash Pandita
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    to someday finally truly understand our selves. this is the greatest quest, hopefully in the next millennium we will come home
    now this is something which suits this forum!
    aahhhhh i have a fan well nice to hear you agree with me
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  17. #16  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakash Pandita
    i do not understand what all you are saying......my question is as simple as it sounds.

    why have we born on earth. does our roles lay only in day to day social activities ???
    we study ,work hard, compete with others, practice, achieve our goals and then die......
    we work so much only to gain a good position in society..... and even that is temporary.....so why do we all do this???
    The purpose of man is to serve God, and to fill the earth and make it a paradise. God started Adam and Eve in a garden , that they would expand over the earth. In which man would be perfect and would live for ever, with abundance of peace.

    That was the purpose of man.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  18. #17  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    So, you're saying our purpose is to serve Thor? Or, did you mean Odin? Maybe Apollo? Perhaps Baal, or Poseidon? Or... did you just mean YOUR preferred version of god?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  19. #18  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    So, you're saying our purpose is to serve Thor? Or, did you mean Odin? Maybe Apollo? Perhaps Baal, or Poseidon? Or... did you just mean YOUR preferred version of god?
    Would u kneel to Thor if he appeared in front of you of will you argue with him indefinitely that he's just a hallucination despite the pain u feel from his hammer?
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  20. #19  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    I would first look for more reasonable explanations inline with my understanding of nature and human neurophysiology, yes. I would not immediately assume that it was actually Thor standing in front of me. That would be stupid. If that's what I saw, it would be much more likely someone had dosed me with something or I had a brain tumor. 8)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  21. #20  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    And i will come running here begging for help with my new weird condition HAHAHAHA!!!
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  22. #21  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by inow
    So, you're saying our purpose is to serve Thor? Or, did you mean Odin? Maybe Apollo? Perhaps Baal, or Poseidon? Or... did you just mean YOUR preferred version of god?
    Well you have to know who God is. Not just any old God will do.
    It has nothing to do with my version. Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    Now people , do claim faith in many different God's. But that doesn't mean there isn't one true God. The problem is, how do you find out?
    You don't look at the person saying things, you look at the evidence.
    That is why you don't look to the scientists, you look at the evidence.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  23. #22  
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3
    In my opinion (speaking from the point of view of someone who believes in God) we were put here to look after the Earth and the animals on the Earth. Therefore in my mind the question would be why was the universe created?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  24. #23  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    You are certanly good for a laugh. May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists? You clearly believe it was the former, since there is nothing to the scientists stories. Next time you are praying please give God a thanks from me for making the miracle of the internet work despite the meaningless stories of the scientists. (Could you also ask him why he allows so much porn?)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  25. #24  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    You are certanly good for a laugh. May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists? You clearly believe it was the former, since there is nothing to the scientists stories. Next time you are praying please give God a thanks from me for making the miracle of the internet work despite the meaningless stories of the scientists. (Could you also ask him why he allows so much porn?)
    You are one mean critter
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  26. #25  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfish84
    In my opinion (speaking from the point of view of someone who believes in God) we were put here to look after the Earth and the animals on the Earth. Therefore in my mind the question would be why was the universe created?

    Isaiah 40:26 (GOD’S WORD Translation)


    26Look at the sky and see.
    Who created these things?
    Who brings out the stars one by one?
    He calls them all by name.
    Because of the greatness of his might and the strength of his power,
    not one of them is missing.

    Isaiah 42:5 (GOD’S WORD Translation)


    5The Lord God created the heavens and stretched them out.
    He shaped the earth and all that comes from it.
    He gave life to the people who are on it
    and breath to those who walk on it.

    In both these scriptures God is asking you to explore and look into the heavens. It shows his incredible creative power.
    There is something else. The bible really goes up to the end of God's creative rest day. So once the mankind has returned to perfection and the earth is a paradise, which was the original purpose.The bible says new scrolls will be opened. ( new information will be released ) And when the creative rest day is over, so it is possible that new creation could happen.
    The bible does not go past this , so it is only speculation, about what could happen in that time. But it maybe in God's plan to populate the whole universe, once the earth and mankind has finished the work towards the earth.
    So what I can see is this, the creation including the universe, tells us what God can do. So the possibilities, are endless , in the future. To me this is really something to look forward to.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  27. #26  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    You are certanly good for a laugh. May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists? You clearly believe it was the former, since there is nothing to the scientists stories. Next time you are praying please give God a thanks from me for making the miracle of the internet work despite the meaningless stories of the scientists. (Could you also ask him why he allows so much porn?)
    You are one mean critter
    It is only haughty display, because of the lack of understanding.
    It might be only temporary though.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  28. #27  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    You are certanly good for a laugh. May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists? You clearly believe it was the former, since there is nothing to the scientists stories. Next time you are praying please give God a thanks from me for making the miracle of the internet work despite the meaningless stories of the scientists. (Could you also ask him why he allows so much porn?)
    You are one mean critter
    It is only haughty display, because of the lack of understanding.
    It might be only temporary though.
    Do you intend to answer the question, or like most of your ilk will you avoid the uncomfortable ones? In case you have reading comprehension difficulties, here is the question again.

    May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists?

    That is a serious question and merits, if you are capable of it, a serious answer.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  29. #28  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    You are certanly good for a laugh. May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists? You clearly believe it was the former, since there is nothing to the scientists stories. Next time you are praying please give God a thanks from me for making the miracle of the internet work despite the meaningless stories of the scientists. (Could you also ask him why he allows so much porn?)
    You are one mean critter
    It is only haughty display, because of the lack of understanding.
    It might be only temporary though.
    Do you intend to answer the question, or like most of your ilk will you avoid the uncomfortable ones? In case you have reading comprehension difficulties, here is the question again.

    May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists?

    That is a serious question and merits, if you are capable of it, a serious answer.
    Epignosis here is the 1rst wave of "serious" attacks u must now face
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  30. #29  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    You are certanly good for a laugh. May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists? You clearly believe it was the former, since there is nothing to the scientists stories. Next time you are praying please give God a thanks from me for making the miracle of the internet work despite the meaningless stories of the scientists. (Could you also ask him why he allows so much porn?)
    You are one mean critter
    It is only haughty display, because of the lack of understanding.
    It might be only temporary though.
    Do you intend to answer the question, or like most of your ilk will you avoid the uncomfortable ones? In case you have reading comprehension difficulties, here is the question again.

    May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists?

    That is a serious question and merits, if you are capable of it, a serious answer.
    Epignosis here is the 1rst wave of "serious" attacks u must now face
    Your now being the instigator! :-D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  31. #30  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Once you realize there is nothing to the scientists stories, you have to find out who God really is.
    You are certanly good for a laugh. May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists? You clearly believe it was the former, since there is nothing to the scientists stories. Next time you are praying please give God a thanks from me for making the miracle of the internet work despite the meaningless stories of the scientists. (Could you also ask him why he allows so much porn?)
    You are one mean critter
    It is only haughty display, because of the lack of understanding.
    It might be only temporary though.
    Do you intend to answer the question, or like most of your ilk will you avoid the uncomfortable ones? In case you have reading comprehension difficulties, here is the question again.

    May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists?

    That is a serious question and merits, if you are capable of it, a serious answer.
    This has to answered , by saying the only reason we have any technology, is that we were created with a mind that likes to create, and communicate. We find information valuable, so we look for ways to do that. So you should be able to answer this yourself.
    But just encase you can't, without creation there would be no communication.

    So I like to use the illustration of an artist. With four colours he could paint all the pictures in the world. ( God used DNA to create all life)
    So why would you pick out one painting and then say this painting just happened, no painter was involved. When all the evidence ( all the other paintings) and this one also, shows that they were created.
    Man creates tools , this is just one tool, of many.
    It took intelligence to create it.

    ( unless of course you don't think the scientists have intelligence, and they just stumbled over the internet, because it assembled itself on some windy day.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  32. #31  
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3
    The creation, including the universe, tells us what God can do.
    Do you see it then, epignosis that God created the universe simply to show off?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  33. #32  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists?
    [color=blue]This has to answered , by saying the only reason we have any technology, is that we were created with a mind that likes to create, and communicate. We find information valuable, so we look for ways to do that. So you should be able to answer this yourself.
    But just encase you can't, without creation there would be no communication.
    You have categorically stated that scientists are wrong. That they have nothing but stories. But the same methodology that led them to devlop the technical civilisation we enjoy was responsible for the theory of evolution. To accpet one and reject the other is hypocritical.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  34. #33  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfish84
    The creation, including the universe, tells us what God can do.
    Do you see it then, epignosis that God created the universe simply to show off?
    Absolutely not. It is there for a purpose. The bible only talks up to the time when man and the earth get back to the paradise conditions. This purpose will be completed at that time.
    The bible says when that condition is reached new information will be released. This also means God creative power will be used again.
    I can only speculate what might happen then. But since God created all of that, it seems , that it might be possible to explore all of that, and maybe colonise it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  35. #34  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    May I ask was it divine intervention that allowed you to post your message on the internet or the application of the stories from tens of thousands of scientists?
    This has to answered , by saying the only reason we have any technology, is that we were created with a mind that likes to create, and communicate. We find information valuable, so we look for ways to do that. So you should be able to answer this yourself.
    But just encase you can't, without creation there would be no communication.
    You have categorically stated that scientists are wrong. That they have nothing but stories. But the same methodology that led them to devlop the technical civilisation we enjoy was responsible for the theory of evolution. To accpet one and reject the other is hypocritical.
    Scientists have discovered and learned many things. And even have accomplished many things.
    But when it comes to the start to life and 'evolution' they are wrong.
    Now to be fair the start to life many scientists say they don't know, how it could happen on it's own. But they reject that 'God did it'. Which is not scientific . They can not reject God doing it, when they don't know . This is dishonest not to say that to the public or themselves.
    The real problem is that , for the 'evolution' that the scientists are professing, the start to life , has to come from non creation. Otherwise they would have to find out who God is. Also if there is a God that started life , did he put in the first DNA, for all the variety we see.

    The problem is that is not what the scientists are saying 'evolution' is. They are saying it is random mutations, adaptation, natural selection, breeding. None of which gives you different kinds of animals.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  36. #35  
    Universal Mind John Galt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,169
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Scientists have discovered and learned many things. And even have accomplished many things.
    But when it comes to the start to life and 'evolution' they are wrong.
    You are accepting the findings of science that do not conflict with your beliefs, but declaring those that do conflict with your beliefs as false, with zero justification for that delcaration. This is hypocritical, or dumb, or dishonest. There are no other options.

    The science that has elucidated evolution is far more secure, far more certain, far more factual, than just about any other scientific theory. You reject it not on scientific grounds, but on grounds of a faith based belief that accepts as given that a well creafted piece of mythology, poetry, regulations and folk history is actually the Word of God.

    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Now to be fair the start to life many scientists say they don't know, how it could happen on it's own. But they reject that 'God did it'. Which is not scientific .
    Au contraire. It is decidely scientific. Science currently applies methodological naturalism which requires that supernatural explanations be excluded from investigation. What science says is "W e don't know if God did it. We don't care if God did it. We are going to work on the basis that it was a natural event and seek to determine how it would have happened. Science does not have the tools or the desire to investigate the supernatural."

    Your characterisation of what science says is either wrong or deliberately misleading. Now that this has been identified, please don't repeat this error.

    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    The real problem is that , for the 'evolution' that the scientists are professing, the start to life , has to come from non creation..
    I don't know how many times you have to be told before it sinks in, but the study of evolution is quite separate from that of the origin of life. If incontrevertible evidence emerged tomorrow that life was indeed created by God it would not make a smidgeon of difference to th Theory of Evolution. It would remain as solidly 'proven' as anything can be in science.

    Also, you continue to ignore the fact that many scientists are theists. You blunder on with this attitude that evolutionists are a bunch of atheists out to disprove god. Frigging grow up, why don't you? I'm finding that attitude dishonest and tiresome.

    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    The problem is that is not what the scientists are saying 'evolution' is. They are saying it is random mutations, adaptation, natural selection, breeding. None of which gives you different kinds of animals.
    Prove it. Against the weight of hundreds of thousands of research papers, produced by tens of thousands of scientists, in scores of disciplines, prove it. Go ahead, dismantle this huge conspiracy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  37. #36  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiolite
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Scientists have discovered and learned many things. And even have accomplished many things.
    But when it comes to the start to life and 'evolution' they are wrong.
    You are accepting the findings of science that do not conflict with your beliefs, but declaring those that do conflict with your beliefs as false, with zero justification for that delcaration. This is hypocritical, or dumb, or dishonest. There are no other options.

    The science that has elucidated evolution is far more secure, far more certain, far more factual, than just about any other scientific theory. You reject it not on scientific grounds, but on grounds of a faith based belief that accepts as given that a well creafted piece of mythology, poetry, regulations and folk history is actually the Word of God.

    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Now to be fair the start to life many scientists say they don't know, how it could happen on it's own. But they reject that 'God did it'. Which is not scientific .
    Au contraire. It is decidely scientific. Science currently applies methodological naturalism which requires that supernatural explanations be excluded from investigation. What science says is "W e don't know if God did it. We don't care if God did it. We are going to work on the basis that it was a natural event and seek to determine how it would have happened. Science does not have the tools or the desire to investigate the supernatural."

    Your characterisation of what science says is either wrong or deliberately misleading. Now that this has been identified, please don't repeat this error.

    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    The real problem is that , for the 'evolution' that the scientists are professing, the start to life , has to come from non creation..
    I don't know how many times you have to be told before it sinks in, but the study of evolution is quite separate from that of the origin of life. If incontrevertible evidence emerged tomorrow that life was indeed created by God it would not make a smidgeon of difference to th Theory of Evolution. It would remain as solidly 'proven' as anything can be in science.

    Also, you continue to ignore the fact that many scientists are theists. You blunder on with this attitude that evolutionists are a bunch of atheists out to disprove god. Frigging grow up, why don't you? I'm finding that attitude dishonest and tiresome.

    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    The problem is that is not what the scientists are saying 'evolution' is. They are saying it is random mutations, adaptation, natural selection, breeding. None of which gives you different kinds of animals.
    Prove it. Against the weight of hundreds of thousands of research papers, produced by tens of thousands of scientists, in scores of disciplines, prove it. Go ahead, dismantle this huge conspiracy.
    If you follow what the science says, it does not conflict, with what I believe is true. You would have to show from the science, that I am wrong.

    The scientists have to have 2 different events because their theory of 'evolution' does not cover the start to life. Also 'evolution' as the scientists are saying , demands a non creation start to life. Which means you have a theory (with no proof, demanding another theory, that has no evidence or even a hypothesis how it could happen) This is circular thinking, but no evidence or proof that either could happen.
    If you disagree with that , then show from the science that what I said isn't true.

    If the scientist at one point create life in a lab. Is that supernatural?

    There is no proof that'evolution' is true. It is based on an idea to explain the variety of life and ignoring how life started, and the evidence we have today, that a dog gets more dogs. Not anything else.

    The proof is the life we see today.

    1 life comes from life
    2 a dog get more dogs
    3 there is design in the life we see.
    If the scientists can show this is not correct. Then show it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  38. #37  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,306
    "Also 'evolution' as the scientists are saying , demands a non creation start to life"
    Actually it doesn't. If we create artificial life in a lab, (just a matter of time), it will evolve to best fit its environment. If some alien planted life here some 3.5 billion years ago, evolution would still have happened. If you want to call that alien "god," it would be almost certain that "god" evolved from simpler organisms.


    (It will be nice to not read your gibberish anymore.)
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  39. #38  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Actually it doesn't. If we create artificial life in a lab, (just a matter of time), it will evolve to best fit its environment. If some alien planted life here some 3.5 billion years ago, evolution would still have happened. If you want to call that alien "god," it would be almost certain that "god" evolved from simpler organisms.
    Did you read what your first sentence said, " If we create life in a lab" ?

    Yes your correct I'm to be executed in the morning. Sort of reminds you of what the Clergy did to the scientists in the Dark ages.
    I will leave this text black, for morning. 8)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  40. #39  
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    8,306
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Did you read what your first sentence said, " If we create life in a lab" ?
    Did you?
    It was a counterpoint to your assertion that ""Also 'evolution' as the scientists are saying , demands a non creation start to life"

    Evolution happens regardless of the origin of life. That's why they are considered separate processes.

    But conflating the two isn't a surprise. Creationist tactics include deliberately confusing the two as well as trying to exploit any other perceived holes or just making stuff up as they do when inventing the term "macro evolution"--something neither discussed by science or supported by them. Of course it works to dupe the American masses who are appallingly ignorant about science and reason.
    Meteorologist/Naturalist & Retired Soldier
    “The Holy Land is everywhere” Black Elk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  41. #40  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx_Fox
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Did you read what your first sentence said, " If we create life in a lab" ?
    Did you?
    It was a counterpoint to your assertion that ""Also 'evolution' as the scientists are saying , demands a non creation start to life"

    Evolution happens regardless of the origin of life. That's why they are considered separate processes.

    But conflating the two isn't a surprise. Creationist tactics include deliberately confusing the two as well as trying to exploit any other perceived holes or just making stuff up as they do when inventing the term "macro evolution"--something neither discussed by science or supported by them. Of course it works to dupe the American masses who are appallingly ignorant about science and reason.
    The point was that if scientists make life in a lab that is creation.
    To prove it happen on it's own, you have to find it doing it some place.

    Now 'evolution' the way the scientists are saying it, demands that life start on it's own. The reason is because , if there is creation involved in this process you would have to ask 2 questions. 1 who is that creator? and 2 did he program into the first life the ability to get the variety of life we see today? That would be only 1 event, not 2 like the scientists say.

    But the scientists say we get the variety from mutations, adaptation, natural selection and breeding. ( no intelligence involved.)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  42. #41  
    Forum Ph.D.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis

    The point was that if scientists make life in a lab that is creation.
    To prove it happen on it's own, you have to find it doing it some place.

    Now 'evolution' the way the scientists are saying it, demands that life start on it's own. The reason is because , if there is creation involved in this process you would have to ask 2 questions. 1 who is that creator? and 2 did he program into the first life the ability to get the variety of life we see today? That would be only 1 event, not 2 like the scientists say.

    But the scientists say we get the variety from mutations, adaptation, natural selection and breeding. ( no intelligence involved.)
    No, evolution does NOT require abiogenesis to work, it's the other way around.
    evolution is a well-tested and heavily researched theory with countless amounts of proof. if a scientist is to come up with his own theory of abiogenesis, it will HAVE to conform to the theory of evolution.
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
    A.C Doyle
    Reply With Quote  
     

  43. #42  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by dejawolf
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis

    The point was that if scientists make life in a lab that is creation.
    To prove it happen on it's own, you have to find it doing it some place.

    Now 'evolution' the way the scientists are saying it, demands that life start on it's own. The reason is because , if there is creation involved in this process you would have to ask 2 questions. 1 who is that creator? and 2 did he program into the first life the ability to get the variety of life we see today? That would be only 1 event, not 2 like the scientists say.

    But the scientists say we get the variety from mutations, adaptation, natural selection and breeding. ( no intelligence involved.)
    No, evolution does NOT require abiogenesis to work, it's the other way around.
    evolution is a well-tested and heavily researched theory with countless amounts of proof. if a scientist is to come up with his own theory of abiogenesis, it will HAVE to conform to the theory of evolution.
    That is just what I have been saying. Thank you for that.
    You have a theory 'evolution', but it doesn't explain the the start to life, so 'evolution' demands another theory for the start of life, and it has to be from non life. ( weather that is possible or not)
    That is circular thinking.
    Then there is no evidence, so how is that scientific?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  44. #43  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Hey look the powers that be have put you on house arrest
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  45. #44  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Hey look the powers that be have put you on house arrest
    Yes , they have to do this to keep their theories alive. They hoped that the science would do that, but it has let them down.I guess they have no alternative. :?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  46. #45  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Hey look the powers that be have put you on house arrest
    Yes , they have to do this to keep their theories alive. They hoped that the science would do that, but it has let them down.I guess they have no alternative. :?
    Are u an undercover religious rebel?
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  47. #46  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Hey look the powers that be have put you on house arrest
    Yes , they have to do this to keep their theories alive. They hoped that the science would do that, but it has let them down.I guess they have no alternative. :?
    Are u an undercover religious rebel?
    What do you mean undercover, I thought I was very open about it. 8)
    I'm not a rebel, though.
    The scientists have gone down a path, without any evidence and only interpretations that don't fit.
    When I talk to them, , at first you get the scientific dogma, but then hopefully some may have a little light still burning.

    But you know the religious leaders , killed off the scientists, in the Dark Ages. And now it is the other way round. But were still in the Dark Ages.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  48. #47  
    Veracity Vigilante inow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    3,500
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    The scientists have gone down a path, without any evidence and only interpretations that don't fit.
    When I talk to them, , at first you get the scientific dogma
    @SW: 0... ?? Please.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  49. #48  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Hey look the powers that be have put you on house arrest
    Yes , they have to do this to keep their theories alive. They hoped that the science would do that, but it has let them down.I guess they have no alternative. :?
    Are u an undercover religious rebel?
    What do you mean undercover, I thought I was very open about it. 8)
    I'm not a rebel, though.
    The scientists have gone down a path, without any evidence and only interpretations that don't fit.
    When I talk to them, , at first you get the scientific dogma, but then hopefully some may have a little light still burning.

    But you know the religious leaders , killed off the scientists, in the Dark Ages. And now it is the other way round. But were still in the Dark Ages.
    Does this music video encourage us to walk out of the modern dark age? hey looks it's Kratos from god of war ps3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxbYm...BD0AB415C85ED9
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  50. #49  
    Forum Sophomore
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Quote Originally Posted by epignosis
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    Hey look the powers that be have put you on house arrest
    Yes , they have to do this to keep their theories alive. They hoped that the science would do that, but it has let them down.I guess they have no alternative. :?
    Are u an undercover religious rebel?
    What do you mean undercover, I thought I was very open about it. 8)
    I'm not a rebel, though.
    The scientists have gone down a path, without any evidence and only interpretations that don't fit.
    When I talk to them, , at first you get the scientific dogma, but then hopefully some may have a little light still burning.

    But you know the religious leaders , killed off the scientists, in the Dark Ages. And now it is the other way round. But were still in the Dark Ages.
    Does this music video encourage us to walk out of the modern dark age? hey looks it's Kratos from god of war ps3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxbYm...BD0AB415C85ED9
    Looks like I was right.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  51. #50  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    1,908
    Does this music video encourage us to walk out of the modern dark age? hey looks it's Kratos from god of war ps3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxbYm...BD0AB415C85ED9
    Hmm... Emo, poser, buttrock. Sorry Miguel, just not very moved by that.
    Here, try some Darkest Hour; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjJdEVVS5M
    I'm not sure what the song is really about, but it's not poser, Emo, or buttrock.

    @ a-pig-nosis;
    In the line of my work I occasionally enter churches, I take my hat off when I do so.
    After all, it is someone else's space, and common decency demands at least that much respect.
    If I ever find out which church you attend, I will go piss on the god damned doorknob.
    Well okay, I can't hold the doorknob responsible for you'r inequities, so maybe it's safe for now.
    What I will do is tromp up in the middle of service and loudly proclaim "god is a suck ass myth".
    If anyone should ask, "Why do you say such things?", I will simply bellow out again, "god is a suck ass myth". Much as you do concerning science.
    By the way, did you know that jesus blows goat's? Yes it's true, because I say so. I read it in a book somewhere.
    By the way, let me apologize for all those theists that the scientists have tied to stakes and immolated while still alive.
    By the way, jesus is a proper name which I haven't capitalized on purpose, HA!
    By the way, either attempt to make a cogent argument, backed by empirical observation, concerning your positions, or crawl back under your bible and stay the hell out of my Science Forum.
    By the way, "mother" is only half a word.
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  52. #51  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil
    Does this music video encourage us to walk out of the modern dark age? hey looks it's Kratos from god of war ps3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxbYm...BD0AB415C85ED9
    Hmm... Emo, poser, buttrock. Sorry Miguel, just not very moved by that.
    Here, try some Darkest Hour; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdjJdEVVS5M
    I'm not sure what the song is really about, but it's not poser, Emo, or buttrock.

    @ a-pig-nosis;
    In the line of my work I occasionally enter churches, I take my hat off when I do so.
    After all, it is someone else's space, and common decency demands at least that much respect.
    If I ever find out which church you attend, I will go piss on the god damned doorknob.
    Well okay, I can't hold the doorknob responsible for you'r inequities, so maybe it's safe for now.
    What I will do is tromp up in the middle of service and loudly proclaim "god is a suck ass myth".
    If anyone should ask, "Why do you say such things?", I will simply bellow out again, "god is a suck ass myth". Much as you do concerning science.
    By the way, did you know that jesus blows goat's? Yes it's true, because I say so. I read it in a book somewhere.
    By the way, let me apologize for all those theists that the scientists have tied to stakes and immolated while still alive.
    By the way, jesus is a proper name which I haven't capitalized on purpose, HA!
    By the way, either attempt to make a cogent argument, backed by empirical observation, concerning your positions, or crawl back under your bible and stay the hell out of my Science Forum.
    By the way, "mother" is only half a word.
    hmmm just liked the weirdness of the video actually, didn't mean to be a emo poser buttrock at all
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  53. #52  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    1,908
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    hmmm just liked the weirdness of the video actually, didn't mean to be a emo poser buttrock at all
    No worries, a long time ago I owned Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet", on tape!
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  54. #53  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil
    Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSR1
    hmmm just liked the weirdness of the video actually, didn't mean to be a emo poser buttrock at all
    No worries, a long time ago I owned Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet", on tape!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hUM2YH41jE Some Sepultura for u?
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

  55. #54  
    Your Mama! GiantEvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, Wa
    Posts
    1,908
    Do you suppose all this devil music has scared off a-pig-nose's?
    I was some of the mud that got to sit up and look around.
    Lucky me. Lucky mud.
    -Kurt Vonnegut Jr.-
    Cat's Cradle.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  56. #55  
    Forum Sophomore MiguelSR1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    San Diego C.A. United States
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantEvil
    Do you suppose all this devil music has scared off a-pig-nose's?
    listen to the lyrics it ain't devil music, the vid is expression to the most explicit form but it's far from devil music 8)
    Imagination is key to the logic of thought, a greatest eternal truth.

    ME
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •